PDA

View Full Version : Vikings work out more players

Purple Floyd
10-26-2011, 12:59 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/26/t-o-wasnt-the-only-guy-who-worked-out-on-tuesday/

Vikings: quarterback McLeod Bethel-Thompson; receivers Chris Brooks, Kerry Taylor, Terrence Toliver.

(http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/26/t-o-wasnt-the-only-guy-who-worked-out-on-tuesday/) Huh? Are you kidding me? We must be switching to the CFL:think:

skum
10-26-2011, 01:03 PM
Wonder if McNabb is on the way out or Webb will hit the WR spot considering we are working out a QB.

Might only be a practice squad addition though.

Purple Floyd
10-26-2011, 01:05 PM
I was wondering that too.

But I have no idea who the hell any of them are.

Is the front office bringing Chilly's Turd Polisher 2.0 out of the mothballs?

skum
10-26-2011, 01:07 PM
Tolliver is a huge WR, i remember him from LSU, he is 6'5 and a huge target, but with inconsistant hands..

Johnson14
10-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Wonder if McNabb is on the way out or Webb will hit the WR spot considering we are working out a QB.

Might only be a practice squad addition though.

Bingo!

They terminated McKinley's deal so they have a spot open there

samdawg84
10-26-2011, 01:11 PM
please work out people that people will actually reconize! for starters why dont we work out leonard davis and sign him? we do need line help!

skum
10-26-2011, 01:13 PM
please work out people that people will actually reconize! for starters why dont we work out leonard davis and sign him? we do need line help!

No need to spend veteran money in a season that is pretty much lost.. Might as well give some playing time to the ones we got or sign some young guys..

i_bleed_purple
10-26-2011, 01:42 PM
guys, relax for a minute.

We cut Berrian, activated Burton from the PS, and cut another guy off the PS. That leaves two PS spots open to fill, that's all. These guys probably won't even see the active roster.

Purple Floyd
10-26-2011, 02:04 PM

We cut Berrian, activated Burton from the PS, and cut another guy off the PS. That leaves two PS spots open to fill, that's all. These guys probably won't even see the active roster.

Don't you think it might be more productive then to spend time looking for guys who would or could? It's not like we are loaded on the regular roster or anything.

battleaxe4cheese
10-26-2011, 03:53 PM
I haven't heard of any of these guys. Maybe we'll find the diamond in the rough.:think:

FuadFan
10-26-2011, 04:36 PM
Twitter (http://twitter.com/#/1500ESPNJudd/status/129257639459823617)

Vikings sign guard Butch Lewis of USC and WR Kerry Taylor of Arizona State to their practice squad.

Liked Taylor enough to keep him around along with another O-lineman.

For the record I assume the QB was only brought to test the WRs abilities as they didn't want their regular QBs doing it for whatever reason.

MulletMullitia
10-26-2011, 05:20 PM

Bingo! Exactly right. And good explanation.

singersp
10-27-2011, 07:35 AM
Vikings: quarterback McLeod Bethel-Thompson; receivers Chris Brooks, Kerry Taylor, Terrence Toliver.

WOW! If we sign these stars, we're right back in the playoff hunt!

(sarcasm off)

Purple Floyd
10-27-2011, 08:08 AM
I haven't heard of any of these guys. Maybe we'll find the diamond in the rough.:think:

It's a lot easier to find a diamond in a jewelry store.:D