PDA

View Full Version : Berrian released and Cook charged

AngloVike
10-25-2011, 01:33 PM
NFL.com news: Vikings cut ties with Berrian after four seasons (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82377aca/article/vikings-cut-ties-with-berrian-after-four-seasons?module=HP11_headline_stack)

Well looks any further discussion about Berrian is now a moot point - I'm waiting to find out the actual reason for his going.

missvikes
10-25-2011, 01:48 PM
The team is getting better & better everyday :clap:
Bring On The WEBB!

jmcdon00
10-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Amazed Cook is still in jail, can he not afford to bail himself out?

Johnson14
10-25-2011, 02:23 PM

He is tweeting now, so guess he is out, unless you can now tweet from jail!

Johnson14
10-25-2011, 02:28 PM
..and Stephen Burton has been activated from the practice squad to replace BB.

AngloVike
10-25-2011, 02:28 PM

I'm not familiar with the fine points of US law, so would the charge stop him being allowed bail then?

jmcdon00
10-25-2011, 02:42 PM
I'm not familiar with the fine points of US law, so would the charge stop him being allowed bail then?
I don't think so, generally everyone is allowed bail, unless they pose a danger, or flight risk. It can also be hard to get out on the weekend because there is no judge to set a bail amount(I think there is a schedule for common offenses like DUI). I'm no lawyer though.

Purple Floyd
10-25-2011, 02:54 PM
I don't think so, generally everyone is allowed bail, unless they pose a danger, or flight risk. It can also be hard to get out on the weekend because there is no judge to set a bail amount(I think there is a schedule for common offenses like DUI). I'm no lawyer though.

Well said. You must have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.:rofl:

battleaxe4cheese
10-25-2011, 02:57 PM
NFL.com news: Vikings cut ties with Berrian after four seasons (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82377aca/article/vikings-cut-ties-with-berrian-after-four-seasons?module=HP11_headline_stack)

Well looks any further discussion about Berrian is now a moot point - I'm waiting to find out the actual reason for his going.

I'm not positive, but I think it had something to do with him being a receiver who doesn't receive...or something along those lines....:crazy: Sorry bud, couldn't resist. ;)

AngloVike
10-25-2011, 03:09 PM
I'm not positive, but I think it had something to do with him being a receiver who doesn't receive...or something along those lines....:crazy: Sorry bud, couldn't resist. ;)

lol.... well can't be for playing reasons as the coaching staff have a difficult time dealing with players that can't perform ;)

Formo
10-25-2011, 03:10 PM
So we cut Berrian (which is fine by me) and we have a woman beater at CB.. I wonder how long he'll be under contract with the Vikes..

tastywaves
10-25-2011, 03:14 PM
So we cut Berrian (which is fine by me) and we have a woman beater at CB.. I wonder how long he'll be under contract with the Vikes..

Yea, not looking good for Cook.

marshallvike
10-25-2011, 03:56 PM
My guess, The Vikings, his agent and attorney work out a team suspension while he enrolls himself in domestic violence/ anger management counseling. His reinstatement with the team hinging on his completion and continued involvement in counseling. If the suspension is long enough, and he shows genuine effort, Sir Rodger may be satisfied. If all involved, handle the situation lightly, Goodell will bring the hammer.

Maybe we have found some work for our good friend Thor.

Purple Floyd
10-25-2011, 05:02 PM
Vikings dump dissatisfied receiver Bernard Berrian - NFL - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=7148835)

Berrian is a vested veteran, so the Vikings must pay him all of his $1.9 million salary unless another team claims him. He took a pay cut to stay this year after two substandard seasons, but this year was more of the same.

missvikes
10-25-2011, 05:22 PM
He was being held without the option to bail out because of the severity of the felony.
Don't be surprised if the prosecutor tries to get him for attempted murder being that he strangled her TWICE enough for her eye to hemmorhage. Unfortunately for him it doesn't matter if she presses charges against him or not. It's all in the prosecutors hands.

battleaxe4cheese
10-25-2011, 05:27 PM
Wow. What a piece of work.

Mr Anderson
10-25-2011, 06:29 PM
James Harrison was arrested in 2008 for domestic violence. He completed anger management and psychological counseling and the charges were dropped.

The NFL took no action.