PDA

View Full Version : McNabb benched for poor work ethic

singersp
10-24-2011, 07:48 AM
Told you he was a lazy fuck. He just wants to collect a pay check.

Vikings benched Donovan McNabb for poor work ethic

The Vikings benched quarterback Donovan McNabb at least in part because he "wasn't putting in the time to be the great player."

http://www.twincities.com/ci_19177404?

singersp
10-24-2011, 07:52 AM
McNabb showed up late, didn't know O

Report: McNabb showed up late, didn't know O - CBSSports.com (http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/32873896)

Purple Floyd
10-24-2011, 07:59 AM
This is totally on the FO. Heck, who didn't know about the problems his past teams had with his work ethic and his desire to keep getting better? These guys have to start to understand that they need to bring in guys who want to play and not those who want to live on their reputation and collect a big paycheck.

singersp
10-24-2011, 08:43 AM
This is totally on the FO. Heck, who didn't know about the problems his past teams had with his work ethic and his desire to keep getting better? These guys have to start to understand that they need to bring in guys who want to play and not those who want to live on their reputation and collect a big paycheck.

Or on their lack of reputation and collect a big paycheck. *cough* Berrian

Marrdro
10-24-2011, 09:17 AM
I listened intently yesterday as two different NFL pregame shows talked about how Dnabb did this in Deadskinville last year and our FO not only knew it, but they thought they could talk him out of it.

Specifically, Musgroves name was linked to the knowledge as he has a link back with Shannahan.

Gets back to the discussion points some yutz has been spewing about the current regimes attempt to solve our QB problem.

Question 1 - Who advocated Drafting Ponder so early?

Someone thought he was worth taking that high. Someone thought he would be able to come in and run the team.

Question 2 - Who advocated bringing in a Vet?

Someone wanted Orton. Probably not the same guy who thought Ponder could run the team cause Orton would be a 2 or 3 year QB.

Someone wanted Thypen. Probably not the same guy who wanted Ponder or Dnabb cause Thygpen would be a shot in the dark quick bandaid or possibly a long term solution depending on how he played.

Someone wanted Dnabb. I'm sure the thinking here was that he was a short term solution so I would think it was the guy who advocated taking Ponder early.

Long story short, as with the last regime, the QB position sure seems to be a problem when it comes to this organization and its attempts to fix it.

Although I was initially glad (I changed my mind thanks to Kevoncox and Mars) we landed Dnabb over the other two, I am now uncertain as to what I think of our FO pukes and our Coaching staff.

My guess is both Leslie and Musgrove wanted Dnabb or Orton and the FO pukes wanted to go with Ponder/Thygpen.

Rationale is if the FO pukes doubted Ponder we wouldn't have taken him that high and they would have given the asking price for Orton.

In the end, the whole organization is to blame on this, but I am pointing my finger at Leslie and Musgrove for the gaff that is Dnabb.

poisoning16
10-24-2011, 09:24 AM
I think Tom Peliserro said that during the game, it was Joe Webb who was on the sidelines talking with Ponder over the plays while McNabb was off by himself

Vikes should have made the switch weeks ago. McNabb's career as a quality starter is long over

jargomcfargo
10-24-2011, 12:50 PM
I listened intently yesterday as two different NFL pregame shows talked about how Dnabb did this in Deadskinville last year and our FO not only knew it, but they thought they could talk him out of it.

Specifically, Musgroves name was linked to the knowledge as he has a link back with Shannahan.

Gets back to the discussion points some yutz has been spewing about the current regimes attempt to solve our QB problem.

Question 1 - Who advocated Drafting Ponder so early?

Someone thought he was worth taking that high. Someone thought he would be able to come in and run the team.

Question 2 - Who advocated bringing in a Vet?

Someone wanted Orton. Probably not the same guy who thought Ponder could run the team cause Orton would be a 2 or 3 year QB.

Someone wanted Thypen. Probably not the same guy who wanted Ponder or Dnabb cause Thygpen would be a shot in the dark quick bandaid or possibly a long term solution depending on how he played.

Someone wanted Dnabb. I'm sure the thinking here was that he was a short term solution so I would think it was the guy who advocated taking Ponder early.

Long story short, as with the last regime, the QB position sure seems to be a problem when it comes to this organization and its attempts to fix it.

Although I was initially glad (I changed my mind thanks to Kevoncox and Mars) we landed Dnabb over the other two, I am now uncertain as to what I think of our FO pukes and our Coaching staff.

My guess is both Leslie and Musgrove wanted Dnabb or Orton and the FO pukes wanted to go with Ponder/Thygpen.

Rationale is if the FO pukes doubted Ponder we wouldn't have taken him that high and they would have given the asking price for Orton.

In the end, the whole organization is to blame on this, but I am pointing my finger at Leslie and Musgrove for the gaff that is Dnabb.

So you don't think the lack of an off season played a role?

Formo
10-24-2011, 03:56 PM
Someone show this to Marstc09. That clown is mad about Ponder playing over McNabb.

battleaxe4cheese
10-24-2011, 04:02 PM
He's a product of his environment, and his environment is being lazy and playing grabass on the sidelines.

AngloVike
10-24-2011, 04:34 PM
Someone show this to Marstc09. That clown is mad about Ponder playing over McNabb.

really ?? on what grounds does he feel that ?

Formo
10-24-2011, 05:54 PM
really ?? on what grounds does he feel that ?

Hoping he comes here and makes his point.

Purple Floyd
10-24-2011, 07:29 PM
In defense of McNabb(Even though some will question my sincerity) Ponder did say in an interview that DM did stay after practice last week and helped him with film so I am going to take this article with a grain of salt until there is more definitive evidence that the writer knew what he was talking about and not just making sh!t up.

rednorsk
10-24-2011, 08:23 PM
McNabb, Berrian, Cook.

Wow what a wonderful group. Who's next "I can't play I've got an owie" Harvin.

Zeus
10-24-2011, 09:15 PM

No he's not. He feels the same way that I do. A 40% completion rate with 2 horrible interceptions is not a reason to jizz over Ponder.

Hell - even on the the first pass to Jenkins Ponder didn't do what he needed to do. Jenkins was open by 20 yards and Ponder didn't put it out in front of him. If he hit Jenkins in stride, it was a TD. As it was, Jenkins had to wait for the pass which allowed the Packers' safety to catch him and stop him from the score.

Yes, Ponder looked poised. Yes, Ponder scrambled for some good gains.

And, yes, Ponder threw two horrible picks - and probably there could have been 2 or 3 more.

And, yes, Ponder had a 40% completion rate.

The reason the Vikings were close yesterday comes down to AD's 175 yards and the defense's success on 3rd downs.

=Z=

Formo
10-24-2011, 10:40 PM
No he's not. He feels the same way that I do. A 40% completion rate with 2 horrible interceptions is not a reason to jizz over Ponder.

When I agreed with him on that and brought up a few different stats (since he's a stat guy) he went AWOL and assumed I was jizzing over the kid.

Hell - even on the the first pass to Jenkins Ponder didn't do what he needed to do. Jenkins was open by 20 yards and Ponder didn't put it out in front of him. If he hit Jenkins in stride, it was a TD. As it was, Jenkins had to wait for the pass which allowed the Packers' safety to catch him and stop him from the score.

Refresh my memory, was Ponder rolling out to the left when he threw that ball? He threw it while he was running, right? And Jenkins HARDLY had to stop. He had to slow down, I'll give you that, but he didn't have to wait for the ball like you make it sound like.

Something that surprised many fans, myself included. Lets not forget his 50+% 3rd down completion rating.

And, yes, Ponder threw two horrible picks - and probably there could have been 2 or 3 more.

Very sloppy picks, too. The second one would have been a huge gain for us if he didn't throw it behind his guy (or if he didn't telegraph the WR the whole play). I'm not disputing this at all.

Something he needs to shore up. If he had 50% the Vikes come out the winners, no doubt in my mind. Hopefully that's the worst his completion % ever gets.

The reason the Vikings were close yesterday comes down to AD's 175 yards and the defense's success on 3rd downs.

=Z=

Those were 2 great reasons the Vikings were close. But like I said, AP didn't throw those two TDs.

MulletMullitia
10-24-2011, 10:47 PM

=Z=

Does AP have those 175 yards without Ponder's ability to make plays, extend drives, and utilize play-action? Absolutely not. He would have been shut down with 9 players in the box, like the Bears did to us last week. Fuck the completion percentage right now. In one game, a ROOKIE took this offense from one-dimensional to multidimensional. And that is the reason why we are "jizzing over him". Sorry for getting excited about some promising play from our 1st round draft pick. He only made 4/10 completions, so he must have had a shitty game. Give me a break.

MossMems
10-24-2011, 11:07 PM
I think when McNabb took the dive for the safety last week, Frazier finally realized he wasnt the QB we needed here. McNabb was known for his work ethic till he came here, guess he thought his job here was secure.

singersp
10-25-2011, 08:19 AM
In defense of McNabb(Even though some will question my sincerity) Ponder did say in an interview that DM did stay after practice last week and helped him with film so I am going to take this article with a grain of salt until there is more definitive evidence that the writer knew what he was talking about and not just making sh!t up.

I think when McNabb took the dive for the safety last week, Frazier finally realized he wasnt the QB we needed here. McNabb was known for his work ethic till he came here, guess he thought his job here was secure.

McNabb DID NOT have a good work ethic before coming here....

Romanowski: ‘McNabb was lazy’

Romanowski: ‘McNabb was lazy’ - DC Sports Bog - The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/romanowski-mcnabb-was-lazy/2011/07/29/gIQAlBSLhI_blog.html)

Hasselbeck: McNabb Has Always Been Fat, Lazy

TheWizWit: Tim Hasselbeck: McNabb Has Always Been Fat, Lazy (http://thewizwit.blogspot.com/2010/11/tim-hasselbeck-mcnabb-has-always-been.html)

Mike Shanahan not happy with how Donovan McNabb practices

Mike Shanahan not happy with how Donovan McNabb practices | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/01/mike-shanahan-not-happy-with-how-donovan-mcnabb-practices/)

McNabb may not have been lazy when he was with Brad Childress......and that's where he belongs.

Purple Floyd
10-25-2011, 10:00 AM
McNabb DID NOT have a good work ethic before coming here....

Romanowski: ‘McNabb was lazy’

Romanowski: ‘McNabb was lazy’ - DC Sports Bog - The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/romanowski-mcnabb-was-lazy/2011/07/29/gIQAlBSLhI_blog.html)

Hasselbeck: McNabb Has Always Been Fat, Lazy

TheWizWit: Tim Hasselbeck: McNabb Has Always Been Fat, Lazy (http://thewizwit.blogspot.com/2010/11/tim-hasselbeck-mcnabb-has-always-been.html)

Mike Shanahan not happy with how Donovan McNabb practices

Mike Shanahan not happy with how Donovan McNabb practices | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/01/mike-shanahan-not-happy-with-how-donovan-mcnabb-practices/)

McNabb may not have been lazy when he was with Brad Childress......and that's where he belongs.

I wasn't discounting what was said when he was on other teams. I was simply commenting on his time in Minnesota and whether he acted any different when he got here. I haven't heard any Vikings or anyone that is close enough to the day to day operations say anything about his work ethic other than what I posted from Ponder and that was positive.
I suspect he is still a lazy fatass but I am open to the idea that he may have changed when he got here and until I get something posted from someone with boots on the ground I will give him the benefit of the doubt on it. There is plenty of other things that lead me to not want him behind center without relying on unsubstantiated reports.

singersp
10-26-2011, 06:26 AM
I wasn't discounting what was said when he was on other teams. I was simply commenting on his time in Minnesota and whether he acted any different when he got here. I haven't heard any Vikings or anyone that is close enough to the day to day operations say anything about his work ethic other than what I posted from Ponder and that was positive.
I suspect he is still a lazy fatass but I am open to the idea that he may have changed when he got here and until I get something posted from someone with boots on the ground I will give him the benefit of the doubt on it. There is plenty of other things that lead me to not want him behind center without relying on unsubstantiated reports.

Yes, he helped Ponder after practice one day, but what did he do physically & mentally for himself to be better? How about learning the offense?

Obviously no one on the team is going to come out publicly & say anything negative about him while he is on the team. That may come out later after he's gone.

Purple Mk1
10-26-2011, 07:02 PM
I think Tom Peliserro said that during the game, it was Joe Webb who was on the sidelines talking with Ponder over the plays while McNabb was off by himself

Vikes should have made the switch weeks ago. McNabb's career as a quality starter is long over

I was at the game and although I was watching it instead of McNabb, I did notice on several occasions that McNabb was off pouting by himself while Ponder was with Webb looking over what I assume was pictures and talking to other players.