PDA

View Full Version : Vikings Vs. Packers Post Game Thread

12purplepride28
10-23-2011, 06:28 PM
AP ran like a beast, Ponder looked great for his first start and I'm very excited to see him play for years for us. Defense sucked a fat one, and punting was the right call whether you like it or not. We knew they were going to run the clock out and if we just played decent run D and our LBers didn't blow, we would've gotten the ball back with 2 minutes left.

Purple Floyd
10-23-2011, 06:28 PM
Top 3?

skum
10-23-2011, 06:34 PM
Glad we put up a fight.. But if he had Winfield playint tonight, we would have won.. I miss you Toine..

thorshammer
10-23-2011, 06:37 PM
AP played his heart out. Jared Allen had a great game. O-line surprised me and didn't play as bad as I expected. Defense was our weak spot. A couple of big defensive lapses sealed our fate. It is nice to see that we may have finally found our QB of the future. Except for the two rookie picks Ponder played very well and did give us a chance to win this one. I know it was a difficult loss but I actually felt like for the first time this year there is hope for the future.

Purple Floyd
10-23-2011, 06:39 PM
Our secondary blows.

Purple Floyd
10-23-2011, 06:40 PM
Already posted. Please delete this and post in the one that was started first..... I can't see where to delete it.

skum
10-23-2011, 06:43 PM
We win this game with Winfield in there.. Needed his sure tackling..

BrisbaneTerrier
10-23-2011, 06:44 PM
The balance of run/pass play looked pretty good today. A little (lot) more from defence and we could have got the win. Rodgers is on fire though.

Just happy to be competitive for two halves and get excited on each play as each one is something different. With McNabb it was oh so predictable.

We'll pick up a few more wins playing like that. Ponder looks good with bags of potential - ignore the QBR.

marshallvike
10-23-2011, 06:46 PM
Pretty sad that we have come to a point where we are satisfied that we weren't overwhelmed in a loss.

yeah!!!! well we lost,..... but it wasn't a blowout!1

battleaxe4cheese
10-23-2011, 06:52 PM
What is wrong with Greenway and Henderson? They are constantly getting burned and missing tackles in the open. Our secondary looks like they are coached by Corky Thatcher. No offense Corky.

Embarrassing coverage to the tenth power. Our head coach is a former db?

CbusVikefan
10-23-2011, 07:05 PM
I myself too am wondering what is up with the LB play. I can't believe these guys are not living up to their potential.

TheKnuck
10-23-2011, 07:08 PM
Thankful that GB started running the ball towards the 3rd quarter on and didn't throw the ball at will on our secondary. I honestly think they were taking it easy on us after they went up 27-17 with 20 unanswered points. Rodgers could have had 400+ yards and 4td's easy.

Other than that, very pleased with our offense today. Can't wait to watch Ponder again. Thank you AP and thank you receivers for catching the ball.

Reignman
10-23-2011, 07:09 PM
*sigh* We had no business even being in this game and there we were, right in it, and we found yet another way to lose. It's really getting old. Seriously WTF is Frazier doing at halftime that we play so gawd awful in 3rd quarters? Why are we always out adjusted and out coached in 2nd halves? I seriously want to know. I demand to know! Please please, for the love of god, keep Frazier away from the team at halftime from now on.

The punt was the right call, and I thought it was the 2nd best decision of Fraziers career (starting Ponder was 1st), but who would've thought our bread n butter run stuffing D would pick the best time of the game to take a dump when everyone in the world knew they WERE RUNNING the damn ball?! Frustrating!

Instead of seeing "Ponder leads incredible 4th Q comeback to beat rivals and defending champs in first game" we see "Pass D gets shredded, Run D takes a dump at the end and Vikings lose again".

Hats off to most of the team though, glad they showed up and gave the Packers a scare for at least 3 quarters. I was really worried we'd get embarrassed 45-7 or something. Ponder played as I expected, flashes of someone that could be exciting to watch in the future, but reminded us we'll have to be patient. I think his down field accuracy and ability to convert 3rd downs loosened up the Packers and allowed AP to have a big game. Maybe we can find 5 more wins on the schedule if this continues. Very exciting game. Just frustrated we can never find ways to win games like this.

Traveling_Vike
10-23-2011, 07:57 PM
The good:

1. A loss to the undefeated defending SB champs by only 6 is not too shabby. We gave them a game, and they will remember it.

2. Ponder's composure. Nice job of handling Berger's frequent high snaps. Good vision and sense of pressure.

3. Run defense, up until the final series, and overall defense in short field situations. We held them four times to FGs instead of TDs, then the 58-yarder which is just good on Crosby.

4. Decent balance of play calls, and spreading the ball around well.

5. Adrian Peterson! 24 carries for 175 yds and one TD, after a somewhat slow start. This guy would instantly make most of the teams in the league better.

6. Jared Allen. Two more sacks, now up to 11.5 on the season. A beast in man's clothing.

7. Michael Jenkins, 3 catches for 111 and a TD on the first play from scrimmage of the game.

8. Berrian benched again.

The bad:

1. Missing our best two CBs. This secondary as it stands just cannot keep up with fast and high-powered passing offenses.

2. LBs. Terrible in coverage, and showed some poor tackling today. Still good in run defense, but they need to wrap up instead of just hitting. We seriously lack speed here. I like the guys, they usually work hard, but they are just too slow.

3. Stupid penalties, again. Where is the freaking discipline on this team? That comes down squarely in Frazier's lap. There were a few bad calls by the officials, and a few missed for us, but we all know that Green Bay has all of the refs in their pockets, right? (Kidding, but it seems that way some times)

4. Sherels letting that late punt roll down to the two. Granted it kind of died after it looked like it would bounce right into the end zone, but he had a play on it with some room. He should have picked it up, or at least fallen on it at the 20. He's been good so far and this is his first major screwup, so I will allow a pass this once.

5. Harvin got hurt again, re-injuring his ribs. We really could have used him in the second half.

The ugly:

1. The last Packer possession. What the hell happened to the run defense, that had been stout all game long? Especially when we KNEW they were going to have to run in order to try to run the clock out.

2. Two picks for Ponder. Yes, they were rookie mistakes, and the first one was not entirely on him. The second was a gift, though. I will let it slide because it was his first pro start, against a very good team, and he will get better.

3. Stupid, stupid, STUPID penalties. It's important enough ot be mentioned again. Like the kicking thing on Robison. Take away his crayons and send him to bed without dessert.

In summation, I can't be too unhappy. We were expected to lose, and hung in there much better than anyone had a right to believe. This was probably our best performance in a loss so far this year, and against what is arguably the best team in the league. We made a huge turnaround from that embarrassment of last week at Chicago.

In my pre-season estimate, I had us at 2-5 at this point, so I'm only off by one game. Even with that start, I still had us finishing 8-8. So now, 7-9 is looking pretty good to me. I still believe we will continue to improve and will beat some decent teams in the second half.

But it all starts next week with the Panthers. Put together another performance like today's, minus the stupid mistakes, and we should win that one handily. Newton will probably get his yards and a few TDs, but our Offense should destroy them.

Oh, and as 12pp28 said above, the punt WAS the right call, despite how it turned out. There was no reason to believe they would suddenly be able to rush against us, and a missed conversion attempt already had them in FG range to put it out of reach. If Rodgers beat us passing, so be it. But odds were they would try to run the ball to ice the game, and we had been shutting that down pretty effectively all day. We had all almost three minutes, three timeouts left, and they had none. Even one first down for them would not have killed us.

One interesting stat from this game:

Total yards - Vikings 435, Packers 421.

ConnecticutViking
10-23-2011, 07:57 PM
In my opinion...Turning point of the Game... Abdullah's blown coverage for a Td, then three and out and the long punt return. We were in cover two, the safety can't give up the deep ball. Oh yes, and our lb cant cover shit and apparently can't fill the holes and allows them to run out the clock. Highlight of the game. Robison's kick to the quans! If you can't win, then kick 'em in the balls!

Formo
10-23-2011, 08:14 PM
In my opinion...Turning point of the Game... Abdullah's blown coverage for a Td, then three and out and the long punt return. We were in cover two, the safety can't give up the deep ball. Oh yes, and our lb cant cover shit and apparently can't fill the holes and allows them to run out the clock. Highlight of the game. Robison's kick to the quans! If you can't win, then kick 'em in the balls!

I'm completely done with our DB crew.

battleaxe4cheese
10-23-2011, 08:25 PM

Oh man was that hilarious! Slow motion and all. Somebody needs to post a screenshot of that.

Purple Floyd
10-23-2011, 08:35 PM
Oh man was that hilarious! Slow motion and all. Somebody needs to post a screenshot of that.

I missed it. What happened?

Reignman
10-23-2011, 08:55 PM
http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/ROBISON-KICK-JUNK1.gif

Turboe
10-23-2011, 08:57 PM
One cool thing that I noticed in the game today...

On third down if you complete a pass beyond that little yellow line across the field they let you have a new set of downs to play offense instead of having to punt on the next play. I think that may really come in handy in some of the remaining games. In fact I can think of a couple times in the first 6 weeks where that would have been really useful as well.

Anyway Im not sure if anyone else noticed that or not, but it sure jumped out at me!!! Very cool.

Purple Floyd
10-23-2011, 08:59 PM
As much as I hate the Packers I have zero respect for that kind of thing.

Man up Robison and do something the change the game. Cheap shots are for pussies.

Purple Floyd
10-23-2011, 09:04 PM

On third down if you complete a pass beyond that little yellow line across the field they let you have a new set of downs to play offense instead of having to punt on the next play. I think that may really come in handy in some of the remaining games. In fact I can think of a couple times in the first 6 weeks where that would have been really useful as well.

Anyway Im not sure if anyone else noticed that or not, but it sure jumped out at me!!! Very cool.

Whodathunkit?

Looks like Musgraves offense might just work with a real QB

Dfoster
10-23-2011, 09:05 PM

Yes. Smart and wise. Just continue to give reasons to piss off the Green Bay Packers. It's working so well for you. See you in Lambeau, where you have so much success.:p

I was surprised. I thought that guy doing the kicking was in jail this weekend. Oh, nevermind, it was that other guy. It's difficult to keep up with the comings and goings of your personnel, lol lol lol

snowinapril
10-23-2011, 09:07 PM
I thought that we were less predictable on Offense which helped us today. It wasn't the Harvin-Peterson show. it was the Ponder-Peterson show. Anyway you slice it, it was less predictable. Instead of a run run combo, we were a run and pass combo.

Ponder did not have a great completion percentage, that is something he will have to work on in the games ahead.

Reignman
10-23-2011, 09:10 PM

Anyway Im not sure if anyone else noticed that or not, but it sure jumped out at me!!! Very cool.Ha! I noticed that too. It's been so bad that every time we got to 3rd I automatically assumed it was the Packers ball, but then we'd convert. Strange feeling indeed.

Formo
10-23-2011, 09:13 PM

Thanks! Gave me a much needed laugh today! ROFFLE!

Dfoster
10-23-2011, 09:20 PM
I was impressed by your pass defense. How the hell our QB threaded the needle on this one-- I'll never know, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CZT6vyhbMU

ok- that's just wrong, I take it all back, lol

snowinapril
10-23-2011, 09:34 PM
The good:

1. A loss to the undefeated defending SB champs by only 6 is not too shabby. We gave them a game, and they will remember it.

2. Ponder's composure. Nice job of handling Berger's frequent high snaps. Good vision and sense of pressure.

3. Run defense, up until the final series, and overall defense in short field situations. We held them four times to FGs instead of TDs, then the 58-yarder which is just good on Crosby.

4. Decent balance of play calls, and spreading the ball around well.

5. Adrian Peterson! 24 carries for 175 yds and one TD, after a somewhat slow start. This guy would instantly make most of the teams in the league better.

6. Jared Allen. Two more sacks, now up to 11.5 on the season. A beast in man's clothing.

7. Michael Jenkins, 3 catches for 111 and a TD on the first play from scrimmage of the game.

8. Berrian benched again.

Jenkins didn't score on that first play. It was pretty awesome though. That was a total set up on the fact that they thought we would come out and run the ball with AD and not let Ponder throw. Good call! JA and AD are BEAST!

The bad:

1. Missing our best two CBs. This secondary as it stands just cannot keep up with fast and high-powered passing offenses.

2. LBs. Terrible in coverage, and showed some poor tackling today. Still good in run defense, but they need to wrap up instead of just hitting. We seriously lack speed here. I like the guys, they usually work hard, but they are just too slow.

3. Stupid penalties, again. Where is the freaking discipline on this team? That comes down squarely in Frazier's lap. There were a few bad calls by the officials, and a few missed for us, but we all know that Green Bay has all of the refs in their pockets, right? (Kidding, but it seems that way some times)

4. Sherels letting that late punt roll down to the two. Granted it kind of died after it looked like it would bounce right into the end zone, but he had a play on it with some room. He should have picked it up, or at least fallen on it at the 20. He's been good so far and this is his first major screwup, so I will allow a pass this once.

5. Harvin got hurt again, re-injuring his ribs. We really could have used him in the second half.

Jenkins totally had offensive pass interference that wasn't called which would have taken us out of FG range on the 51 yarder that Longwell kicked. Then again, we might have got a first down went in and scored, but my point is that we got some calls or no calls for us too.

Sherels, wasstangin on the 10 yardline I think if I remember right. It use to be that you let them go on the 10, now days, we are seeing more and more guys fair catch them right there. It didn't hurt us in the long run, we got out of there and went down the field.

Harvin? I think it was good that we didn't rely on him so much. I wish that we would produce more in the WR category than the RB. It is nice he is versatile, but I think we were using him too much in a running capacity.

The ugly:

1. The last Packer possession. What the hell happened to the run defense, that had been stout all game long? Especially when we KNEW they were going to have to run in order to try to run the clock out.

2. Two picks for Ponder. Yes, they were rookie mistakes, and the first one was not entirely on him. The second was a gift, though. I will let it slide because it was his first pro start, against a very good team, and he will get better.

3. Stupid, stupid, STUPID penalties. It's important enough ot be mentioned again. Like the kicking thing on Robison. Take away his crayons and send him to bed without dessert.

In summation, I can't be too unhappy. We were expected to lose, and hung in there much better than anyone had a right to believe. This was probably our best performance in a loss so far this year, and against what is arguably the best team in the league. We made a huge turnaround from that embarrassment of last week at Chicago.

In my pre-season estimate, I had us at 2-5 at this point, so I'm only off by one game. Even with that start, I still had us finishing 8-8. So now, 7-9 is looking pretty good to me. I still believe we will continue to improve and will beat some decent teams in the second half.

But it all starts next week with the Panthers. Put together another performance like today's, minus the stupid mistakes, and we should win that one handily. Newton will probably get his yards and a few TDs, but our Offense should destroy them.

Oh, and as 12pp28 said above, the punt WAS the right call, despite how it turned out. There was no reason to believe they would suddenly be able to rush against us, and a missed conversion attempt already had them in FG range to put it out of reach. If Rodgers beat us passing, so be it. But odds were they would try to run the ball to ice the game, and we had been shutting that down pretty effectively all day. We had all almost three minutes, three timeouts left, and they had none. Even one first down for them would not have killed us.

One interesting stat from this game:

Total yards - Vikings 435, Packers 421.

I agree with the UGLY

The punt was the right call, the Pack ran over the top of us and that is all she wrote.

The yardage stat is very interesting.

The difference in the game was the guy with the perfect (or near) QB rating won. The guy is on fire.

poisoning16
10-24-2011, 12:22 AM
Great playcall by the Vikes to open the game. Thought they'd do exactly that to start it out. Pack would be stacking the box to stop AP and they call PA and let the rookie throw it deep. Don't get why the Pack ran the ball so much in the 2nd half, especially when they were up 10 and had 1st and goal at about the 5. They decided to run it twice and had to settle for 3. Not a freakin run team, put it in Rodgers hands and let him get a TD there

Division games are always tricky. On paper this should have been a blowout, but crazy things happen in that dome. Packers did better in the 2nd half against the rookie, but he really started to get things going on those last few drives. Vikes might actually have something here. Was impressed with Ponder throwing on the run. He took some hits and still delivered some strikes. If Mcnabb started this game they never get within 7. It is painfully obvious that Ponder provides much more

I expect the Vikes to be a lot more competitive this 2nd half of the season as Ponder continues to take his lumps and experience the usual growing pains.

VikesFan787
10-24-2011, 12:24 AM
IMO, Ponder is going to be great! Luck who?

Caine
10-24-2011, 05:55 AM

Gotta say that I wasn't so happy with that kick. Granted, I hate Green Bay with a burning passion...but kicking them in the vagina is just cheap. I expected better from Brian.

Caine

singersp
10-24-2011, 06:09 AM
Ponder positives;

I thought he had some really nice stuff out there. Able to throw on the run (a mandatory requirement for a Vikings QB) threw some very accurate passes into tight spots, showed a lot of poise & completed passes in some crucial moments.

Ponder negatives;

I'm not to upset about the 2 INT's. It's part of the learning curve for a rookie. However 13-32 (41%) completion was not very good & it's going to need to be improved a lot. I believe it will. If it was closer to 60%, I believe we win the game.

It may have been better if Harvin played the entire game. I also don't know why K-Rud (Mr. Sure-hands) was silent/not used or if they even had him in there.

singersp
10-24-2011, 06:16 AM
As much as I hate the Packers I have zero respect for that kind of thing.

Man up Robison and do something the change the game. Cheap shots are for pussies.

+1

Anytime you cost your team 15 yards on a penalty like that it's a stupid thing to do & worthy of a fine.

It makes no difference if you're one of the most liked players on the team or one of the least liked players. Classless act period.

Try doing something positive to help your team like getting more than 2 tackles & not allowing Rodgers to roll out time after time & completing passes at will.

Marrdro
10-24-2011, 06:20 AM
Gotta say that I wasn't so happy with that kick. Granted, I hate Green Bay with a burning passion...but kicking them in the vagina is just cheap. I expected better from Brian.

Caine
Don't condone doing that to any man, but if your (not meaning you Caine) gonna stand over the top of me like I'm your beeeyatch and you would probably get the same thing out of me.

Marrdro
10-24-2011, 06:29 AM
Disappointment. All I have today is disappointment.

Not in the OL who played well (as usual), not in the WR's who got open, not in the RB's who had a great game, not in the TE's who blocked well and got open, not in the LB'rs who played their asses off, not in the DB's who tried their best, not in the ST's coverage for blowing one return, not in the kickers or even the DL who let them run when they needed to or let the QB stand in the pocket almost all day unscaithed or even the young QB who threw two INT"s.

Nope, I'm only disappointed in the two yutz's who weren't on the field when we needed them. My guess the gaff between Hussain and Asher doesn't happen with Dickhead Cook on the field and for the second game in a row we faced a team open to being gouged by a deep threat and dipshit Berrian is again standing on the sidelines in street clothes.

Disappointment my friends, disappointment indeed, because, if we would have had our full team on the field yesterday we would have beaten the team most of you said we couldn't.

........sigh........

On a side note, .......If young Ponder would have started the season he wouldn't have made those two bad throws my friend. Not atleast in this game as he would have learned that lesson long before this game.

Standing on the sidelines learning is OK for some, but Vet QB's and standing on the sideline don't teach game speed my friends. You gotta get your ass on the turf to learn the game. Anyone who doesn't see that now is just missing it.

Marrdro
10-24-2011, 06:39 AM
Glad we put up a fight.. But if he had Winfield playint tonight, we would have won.. I miss you Toine..
Why Whinny? He can't cover anymore thats why he doesn't start and only plays in the middle were he doesn't have to cover large zones. What more would have he done?

I like how Yankman hacked on Griff for having a poor year and then on the next two plays Griff shuts down the primary target (second play even after Rodgers even had time to scramble and get back to Griffs side and the cat still wasn't open) and Yankman doesn't say a word.

I will give him credit, at the beginning of the game, he did almost explain why the CB's were playing soft. It was the scheme and what the coaches were calling.

On a side note, I charted 8 plays were Rodgers had no one to go to, scrambled and then, after running around like a chicken with his head cut off, found an open man. 8 plays were the DB's held their own and the DL didn't even put a hand on Rodgers.

Marrdro
10-24-2011, 06:43 AM
What is wrong with Greenway and Henderson? They are constantly getting burned and missing tackles in the open. Our secondary looks like they are coached by Corky Thatcher. No offense Corky.

Embarrassing coverage to the tenth power. Our head coach is a former db?
A certain yutz tried to convince a few on here that hiring Singletary was a mistake.

Some of the alignments they (the LB'rs) were in yesterday sure left me scratching my head especially were they had all 3 LB'rs line up and flood the same gap on a running play that went to the opposite side.

EJ still made the tackle but he came from along way to do it.

singersp
10-24-2011, 06:43 AM
Don't condone doing that to any man, but if your (not meaning you Caine) gonna stand over the top of me like I'm your beeeyatch and you would probably get the same thing out of me.

So what you're saying is you'll be trying to kick Caine in the groin here on PP.O the rest of the season?

:p

Marrdro
10-24-2011, 06:50 AM
So what you're saying is you'll be trying to kick Caine in the groin here on PP.O the rest of the season?

:p
LOL, I doubt it.

Hey, you worried about Ponders arm any more? How about the OL? How about our WRs? Funny how all those little things come together when you have a QB who can make throws not only on the move but in the POCKET as well?

LOL, AD had a monster day and was hardly on the field doing it.

Purple Floyd
10-24-2011, 07:07 AM
Well, I didn't see any of the first half but will watch it at some point this week on the DVR but Ponder certainly looked better in the pocket and on the short throws in the 2nd half.

His deeper throws make me nervous because they were not very precise(Unless there was a mis communication on where the WR was going to be).

In the end it was a step up from McChunky but there is still a very long way to go before he can be considered the future. He also has to remember he isn't a RB.

Oh yeah- Our secondary and the T2/C2 sucks. Not sure if I have said that before.

singersp
10-24-2011, 07:10 AM
LOL, I doubt it.

Hey, you worried about Ponders arm any more? How about the OL? How about our WRs? Funny how all those little things come together when you have a QB who can make throws not only on the move but in the POCKET as well?

LOL, AD had a monster day and was hardly on the field doing it.

AD had a good day because we stretched the field. Should have been doing that all year, like a certain someone said. Still would like to see more accuracy on his deep balls. I was never concerned about the shorter passes, we all knew he was accurate on those, although 13-32 might say otherwise.

The OL did play better this week, but they haven't been playing stellar like you want everyone to believe. Ponder was running & on the move for a reason.

The WR's play looked better because Berrian was inactive. I doubt we see him in Vikings purple ever again after this last benching.

We still need a fast, deep threat receiver who can get separation. Jenkins is not that guy. I think his first catch just caught GB by surprise. A faster WR would get better distance between him & the defender & score the TD easily, rather than get caught from behind.

Marrdro
10-24-2011, 07:12 AM
Great playcall by the Vikes to open the game. Thought they'd do exactly that to start it out. Pack would be stacking the box to stop AP and they call PA and let the rookie throw it deep. Don't get why the Pack ran the ball so much in the 2nd half, especially when they were up 10 and had 1st and goal at about the 5. They decided to run it twice and had to settle for 3. Not a freakin run team, put it in Rodgers hands and let him get a TD there

Division games are always tricky. On paper this should have been a blowout, but crazy things happen in that dome. Packers did better in the 2nd half against the rookie, but he really started to get things going on those last few drives. Vikes might actually have something here. Was impressed with Ponder throwing on the run. He took some hits and still delivered some strikes. If Mcnabb started this game they never get within 7. It is painfully obvious that Ponder provides much more

I expect the Vikes to be a lot more competitive this 2nd half of the season as Ponder continues to take his lumps and experience the usual growing pains.
Excellent post my friend. Come back around after the second game as I agree, our teams are more evenly matched than most think.

A few more games under his belt and young Ponder might have just pulled this one off.

Marrdro
10-24-2011, 07:17 AM
AD had a good day because we stretched the field. Should have been doing that all year, like a certain someone said. Still would like to see more accuracy on his deep balls. I was never concerned about the shorter passes, we all knew he was accurate on those, although 13-32 might say otherwise.

The OL did play better this week, but they haven't been playing stellar like you want everyone to believe. Ponder was running & on the move for a reason.

The WR's play looked better because Berrian was inactive. I doubt we see him in Vikings purple ever again after this last benching.

We still need a fast, deep threat receiver who can get separation. Jenkins is not that guy. I think his first catch just caught GB by surprise. A faster WR would get better distance between him & the defender & score the TD easily, rather than get caught from behind.
AD had a great game cause we had balance. Without Berrian (deep threat) there wasn't much stretching of anything.

The OL didn't play any better or any worse. They did exactly what they've been doing for the last couple of years. I was a bit pissed on the one play late in the 4th were they pulled Load into Hutches lane and pulled Hutch out to seal what Load left.

Made no sense as that left Matthews uncovered and against his speed there is not way Hutch gets there in time, like we saw. Again, hack on the OL for plays like those, but in the end, it really comes down to the coaches and why the hell they tried something like that.

Agree in total with respect to your point on Jenkins.

ConnecticutViking
10-24-2011, 07:20 AM

Caine

Sorry...I don't have much respect for the action, but I have to say, I laughed my ass off. Just a kid at heart. Farts and kicks in the balls still make me laugh and with the way the season has been going, I need something to laugh at.

Purple Floyd
10-24-2011, 07:20 AM

While not really a deep threat we could really use a guy like Burress, who is looking pretty good in NY.

Marrdro
10-24-2011, 07:26 AM
I'm completely done with our DB crew.
Two things, ......

1. I think your overlooking how many times Rodgers didn't have anyone to throw to. For those that are counting, I charted 8 of those. A little not off of those 8 is 6 of them he eventually threw it to a guy but only after he ran around for a very significant amount of time without a DLmen laying a hand on him.

I need to go back and look, of those 6 I bet atleast 4 of them were 3rd down conversions.

Not sure about you, but I don't think our passing issues can solely be put on the DB's.

2. I bet the Hussain/Allen gaff doesn't happen if Cook had his dumb ass on the field. I think that was a miscommunication between Hussain and Asher based on what Asher had to engage once he let the reciever go. I don't think he and Hussain correctly communicated what they were reading. After that, for the most part, the handoffs were pretty good on that side of the ball.

On a side note, if you want to give up on our DB's, you need to convince the staff to do a scheme change as our DB's played exactly how they were supposed to based on the scheme even though I think they were playing a bit softer (CB's on the line) than usual.

Marrdro
10-24-2011, 07:29 AM
While not really a deep threat we could really use a guy like Burress, who is looking pretty good in NY.
Although I'm pretty big on Burress, one game is not really considered looking good. He has had a pretty tough year so far.

My guess, as with Vick, it will take him about 2 years to get back to NFL level.

singersp
10-24-2011, 07:40 AM

Before yesterday, what I had heard was he wasn't doing much. But apparently he had a good day yesterday.

Either way, Burress > Berrian.

Marrdro
10-24-2011, 07:42 AM

Hate to say this, but Whinny (if your counting him, isn't our second or best CB anymore. He might have helped when it came to getting pressure on Rodgers, but he sure wouldn't have helped in coverage any.

I'm gonna agree with you on this one, with one caveat.......Some of the alignments we saw them in yesterday were absolutely idiodic when you look at how they lined up and then what play the PUKERS called.

Sometimes one has to wonder what the hell play call our D-coord (or HC) had called cause it sure left our LB'rs hanging a few times.

You notice what side they ran at? When they needed yards on the ground, for he most part they went to Robs side.

But hey, we got a few sacks so that means our DL if fine right?......(Sarcasim alert).

poisoning16
10-24-2011, 08:29 AM
+1

Anytime you cost your team 15 yards on a penalty like that it's a stupid thing to do & worthy of a fine.

It makes no difference if you're one of the most liked players on the team or one of the least liked players. Classless act period.

Try doing something positive to help your team like getting more than 2 tackles & not allowing Rodgers to roll out time after time & completing passes at will.

TBH, the penalty didn't even hurt the Vikings, which made the 15 yard penalty pretty much meaningless. Robison got away with a cheap shot and the Vikes didn't even get punished for it because they still started at their own 20 after the kickoff. NFL needs to re-adjusts the enforcing of those 15 yarders during kick returns, because now with the change from kicking it from the 35, we see so many more touchbacks. Adding 15 just means the kicker will kick it through the uprights rather than at the back of the endzone. It's basically telling teams to go ahead and get personal foul calls on fg attempts or extra point attempts, etc...because it wont' really affect them on their next drive. Odds are they are starting at the 20. God, I hate Goodell and these stupid changes

HornedHelmet
10-24-2011, 09:47 AM
All I know is we gotta go back to those retro uniforms full time. Those arena league circus suits are bad, but when seeing our team in the throwbacks that just look even worse.

mountainviking
10-24-2011, 09:49 AM
Ponder took a big step in the right direction. McChunky wasn't even trying to throw deep. Ponder connected on some pretty impressive throws all over the field...of course, he also missed plenty and had some questionable decisions too. Ie. reminded me a bit too much of the gunslinging Gambler we had last year...trying to force throws into tiny, swiftly closing holes.

The defense didn't play all that bad considering we were up against the best QB in the league and probably the best WR core too...They've got 5 guys who could all start on our team and most others, 3 were 2nd round picks, 1 a third, and the old vet Driver. AND we're missing 3 starters in our secondary!! Winfield is still one hell of a nickel, and vs. a team like the Pack, you're in that formation 80% of the game. Cook is such a disappointment! The guy keeps flashing potential and then flushing it down the drain! I've got no forgiveness for guys who beat up girls, I hope he can pull his head out of his ass, but I'm thinking he might need some more time behind bars!?!??

I keep saying it: The Tampa-2 is all about having 2 bad ass safeties and we're starting an undrafted guy and a late round flyer pick.

Funny or not, Robison is probably looking at a major fine and quite possibly a week or 2 suspension...NOT Good! D'oh!!!

12purplepride28
10-24-2011, 09:57 AM
Although I'm pretty big on Burress, one game is not really considered looking good. He has had a pretty tough year so far.

My guess, as with Vick, it will take him about 2 years to get back to NFL level.

That's because Mark Sanchez is his QB. Not sure why you think Berrian affected us in a negative way. We do the best when he is on the sideline. He was benched because he's a POS player and Frazier knows it, which is why he's going to be cut this week.

We win this game if Cook and Winfield are playing. Hate him or not, he's better than Asher Allen or Marcus Sherels, and (IMO) Griffin. Also hurt that Harvin was out... wanna see that kid play a whole season.

NDVikingFan66
10-24-2011, 11:18 AM
I would like to point out one stat that I found to be exciting. Understand though that this is one stat, with no context into other stats or plays.

We completed over 50% of our 3rd Downs for the first time all season.

Going into the game yesterday we were 27/75 for 36% (ESPN and my math).

Yesterday we were 9/16 for 56%.

Freakout
10-24-2011, 11:32 AM
My favorite moment yesterday was in Ponder's post game presser. So refreshing hearing a guy taking ownership of his mistakes. We just don't see that enough from our players.

I also thought Everson Griffen looked like a man on a mission in the 4th quarter. Gives me some hope in the future when Jared starts declining.

jargomcfargo
10-24-2011, 11:45 AM
My favorite moment yesterday was in Ponder's post game presser. So refreshing hearing a guy taking ownership of his mistakes. We just don't see that enough from our players.

I also thought Everson Griffen looked like a man on a mission in the 4th quarter. Gives me some hope in the future when Jared starts declining.

Actually, for all the Robison crotch sniffers here, he hasn't done much of anything the last two games. If Rob gets suspended, I would like to see what Griffen could do at LE.
He's too good to wait for Allen to retire.

vikesrgreat2
10-24-2011, 11:57 AM
Top 8.

battleaxe4cheese
10-24-2011, 02:55 PM

Thank You. Priceless!:punch:

Ranger
10-24-2011, 05:32 PM
........sigh........

On a side note, .......If young Ponder would have started the season he wouldn't have made those two bad throws my friend. Not atleast in this game as he would have learned that lesson long before this game.

Standing on the sidelines learning is OK for some, but Vet QB's and standing on the sideline don't teach game speed my friends. You gotta get your ass on the turf to learn the game. Anyone who doesn't see that now is just missing it.

Even rookies that come out of the gate playing will traditionally have the benefit of an off season to prepare for the opener. Ponder would not have had that, nor would he be familiar enough with NFL operations to step in off of the street and play at a high level. Having McNabb play gave him valuable time to catch up to where he should have been at the beginning of the season.

Dfoster
10-24-2011, 05:34 PM
No one here has brought up the roughing the passer call on Clay. Not a single poster. The whole rest of the NFL planet was outraged by that b.s. call. Do Vikings fans EVER acknowledge these kinds of things, or is it only when it "should" have gone "your way' ? Perhaps you all opted not to listen, because it was a loss.

I really don't care, but am curious.

Ranger
10-24-2011, 05:40 PM
No one here has brought up the roughing the passer call on Clay. Not a single poster. The whole rest of the NFL planet was outraged by that b.s. call. Do Vikings fans EVER acknowledge these kinds of things, or is it only when it "should" have gone "your way' ? Perhaps you all opted not to listen, because it was a loss.

That was a legit shot on Ponder. Not dirty, not helmet to helmet, not late. Quarterbacks have been getting them all the time, though. Would you have been hot about it if Allen had hit your ice cold quarterback with the same shot? Would you laugh if I was angry that Packers fans weren't calling foul?

jargomcfargo
10-24-2011, 05:49 PM

As usual your statement " The whole rest of the NFL planet was outraged by that b.s. call " is melodramatic, but that seems to be your style; that and unveiled hints of intellectual superiority!

But yes, the call on Mathews was obviously a bad call, just like the non calls when Woodson hits the receiver just a touch before the ball.
I'll give it to Woodson, that's a fine skill that rarely gets called. He's good at it.

Dfoster
10-24-2011, 06:10 PM
The intellect thingy is self-evident, lol We have it individually and/or severally, and when you have it, you have it- when you don't, you don't. Go hunt another dog, imo.

It was ALSO brought up how WOODSON got mugged by your wide receiver, but these dogs do not hunt in the centerpiece of the NFL and this country called Minneapolis.

It's called national perspective, stuff like Mike & Mike in the morning on ESPN, etc. I wouldn't watch it right now if I were you, so fair is fair, lol

Purple Floyd
10-24-2011, 06:18 PM

I guess all I can say is for all of the years that Brett was the beneficiary of BS calls and how well Rodgers has taken the handoff and ran with the BS roughing call baton it seems pretty interesting that you would have the balls to bitch about one going your way. Even my Packers loving wife knows and acknowledged that one.

I did say to her that the call shouldn't have been made but she replied that they owed us quite a few so it was hard to rip.

Dfoster
10-24-2011, 06:23 PM
I wasn't bitching. I was OBSERVING some posts where your contemporaries bitched, and merely made an observation..

Bitching is for 1-6 teams' fans, not 7-0 teams' fans.

:haha:

Purple Floyd
10-24-2011, 06:26 PM
I wasn't bitching. I was OBSERVING some posts where your contemporaries bitched, and merely made an observation..

Child please. I teach my 6th grade football players to have more class than that.

Dfoster
10-24-2011, 06:33 PM
It was just an honest observation (again) of the real meaning behind words we bandy about.

I like you,but don't even owe an explanation. Your friend is a moron and pisses me off.
There. That's my explanation.

vikinggreg
10-24-2011, 07:23 PM

Didn't hear anything about this on Sirius radio this morning and haven't seen it posted anywhere else so the outrage of the world looks pretty small, did see where he got fined for his choice of yellow cleats which upset might have his hairdresser at linebackers with Malibu Barbie's hair reeling, but really the chatter I've seen are mostly about Robison cheap shot and Suh being a dirty player and a wee bit of whining about the Saints stomping the Colts but that if the Saint really wanted to roll up the score they could have passed alot more in the second half. Most of which didn't have anything to do with the Packers other than Robison's cheap shot so you probably don't know much about it. :haha:

Purple Floyd
10-24-2011, 07:51 PM
It was just an honest observation (again) of the real meaning behind words we bandy about.

I like you,but don't even owe an explanation. Your friend is a moron and pisses me off.
There. That's my explanation.

Who is the friend you are referring to?

Stonecoldet3
10-24-2011, 08:12 PM
For the life of me I cant figure out why Woodson wasnt flagged for excessive celebration when doing his army crawl after his first interception. Even though he dove he turned around and crawled back into the field of play or am I missing something?

Zeus
10-24-2011, 08:16 PM
We win this game with Winfield in there.. Needed his sure tackling..

Disagree.

=Z=

Zeus
10-24-2011, 08:21 PM
+1

Re: costing your team 15 yards - the next play was a kickoff. Packers kicked it into the end zone on every kickoff, so I'm not sure what that actually cost the Vikings.

Re: the penalty - the replays rarely show Robison going up for the block and being thrown to the ground where the Packers' blocker stood over him and smacked at his leg.

Yes, it was a stupid penalty, but the context of it was a bit less clear cut than the media is showing.

=Z=

Zeus
10-24-2011, 08:22 PM
AD had a good day because we stretched the field.

Yeah - the Packers were trembling at those long incompletions, I'm sure.

=Z=

Zeus
10-24-2011, 08:25 PM
A certain yutz tried to convince a few on here that hiring Singletary was a mistake.

Marty - I like you. You're a good guy.

But I've really about had it with you constantly taking "credit" for things you and only you perceive to be true.

As I wasn't at the game, I had the luxury of watching it on DVR. So I was able to watch replays that weren't part of the broadcast. And I didn't see any horrible LB play.

What I saw was a secondary - down to the #3, #4 and #5 CBs playing wayyyyyyy off the ball and giving up plays in front of them with low YAC to the best QB in the NFL.

=Z=

Zeus
10-24-2011, 08:27 PM

LOL. Do you even watch the NFL? Burress had 3 TDs yesterday all from less than 10 yards. That was his FIRST real impact this season.

=Z=

Zeus
10-24-2011, 08:29 PM
All I know is we gotta go back to those retro uniforms full time. Those arena league circus suits are bad, but when seeing our team in the throwbacks that just look even worse.

You do see that the helmets and the jerseys are two different shades of purple, right?

=Z=

Zeus
10-24-2011, 08:30 PM

Yes, it was a shitty call. But it was a shitty call that went our way.

So you can just stop your "curiosity" and get to licking my taint, bitch.

=Z=

jargomcfargo
10-24-2011, 08:54 PM

1-6 fans have something to bitch about. 7-0 teams' fans are about gloating on opponant fans' sites.

BTW, I liked your videos.

Purple Floyd
10-24-2011, 08:59 PM
LOL. Do you even watch the NFL? Burress had 3 TDs yesterday all from less than 10 yards. That was his FIRST real impact this season.

=Z=

How many wrs on our roster have more TD ' s than him? Have you even looked at our WR's stats?

Formo
10-24-2011, 09:26 PM

I hate those calls. They need to get over it and just dress the QBs in tutus.

That said, tic for tac. One of our defenders was nailed with the same penalty. NFL fans needs to get over it.

Formo
10-24-2011, 09:31 PM
And after catching up on this thread..

Zeus is on a mother bleepin' ROLL! lol And I admit I disagree with most of his posts in this thread so far. =)

MulletMullitia
10-24-2011, 09:35 PM
And after catching up on this thread..

Zeus is on a mother bleepin' ROLL! lol And I admit I disagree with most of his posts in this thread so far. =)

Another vote here to change his title from Jersey Retired to PP.O Negative Nancy :) lol

Formo
10-24-2011, 09:44 PM
Another vote here to change his title from Jersey Retired to PP.O Negative Nancy :) lol

lol Naw. He's got some good and valid points. Just see things a bit differently that him, that's all.

ThorSPL
10-24-2011, 11:47 PM
Yes. Smart and wise. Just continue to give reasons to piss off the Green Bay Packers. It's working so well for you. See you in Lambeau, where you have so much success.:p

I was surprised. I thought that guy doing the kicking was in jail this weekend. Oh, nevermind, it was that other guy. It's difficult to keep up with the comings and goings of your personnel, lol lol lol

Your posts usually have more class than this. Perhaps we scared you a bit?

i_bleed_purple
10-24-2011, 11:52 PM
Your posts usually have more class than this. \

Are you thinking of the same dfoster I am?

12purplepride28
10-25-2011, 01:24 AM
Who is the friend you are referring to?

Yah he threw me for a loop on that one too.

12purplepride28
10-25-2011, 01:37 AM
Your posts usually have more class than this. Perhaps we scared you a bit?

\

Are you thinking of the same dfoster I am?

Yah I seem to remember him being a decent guy, but lately he's just a faggot.

Freya
10-25-2011, 02:16 AM
The clear message that I got from this game was that the Vikings would be contenders if they could play for a full 60. If you finish first half with a lead, then you should be able to finish the second half with one also. In addition, this game was against the perfect Packers...........clearly, they are beatable and if the game was only 30 minutes long, they would have been.

12purplepride28
10-25-2011, 02:49 AM

Because... who cares about it. Why would we be talking about it. That's left up to the packer bitches to bitch about. We are talking about things that have meaning. A bad call by the officials isn't worth noting. We're too busy being happy that we have hope at the QB position.

Side note: I don't see any packer fans talking about the awful missed call when Ryan Taylor shoved Onotalu in the back on Cobbs big PR. Why? Because no one cares.

singersp
10-25-2011, 06:52 AM

I never once heard you cry "foul" in the 16 years Favre was your QB & his theatrics drew many a "roughing call" & that was during years when a QB had to be mauled to draw a flag.

No QB in the history of the game, reaped more benefit from roughing calls when he wasn't even touched or was slightly brushed, than Brett Favre.

Now you're crying "foul"? Seriously?

It must be that karma you've been talking about.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/__N6goPr1GCY/TNLD8Hl35bI/AAAAAAAAADg/xRRTH0jUpec/s1600/Karma.png

jmcdon00
10-25-2011, 08:53 AM
What I saw was a secondary - down to the #3, #4 and #5 CBs playing wayyyyyyy off the ball and giving up plays in front of them with low YAC to the best QB in the NFL.

=Z=
Why were you watching the Patriots game?

jargomcfargo
10-25-2011, 10:12 AM
One thing that hasn't been mentioned. It appeared to me that Berger played better at center than Sullivan. He had some high snaps but otherwise did a pretty good job on Raji.

Purple Floyd
10-25-2011, 11:58 AM
It wouldn't be too hard to improve on the play of Sullivan.

VikingLance
10-25-2011, 10:49 PM
First and foremost, this was the most exciting game I've seen the Vike's play this year. I spent the entire game thinking "holy shit, there's a (small) chance may win this one." True, a 40% (or something like that) completion percentage is nothing to get excited about, but it was refreshing to watch Ponder play.

Not much has been said about the punt at the end of the game, and those who have, believe it was the right call. While I am on the fence with that call, I think that McCarthy's decision to run the ball at the end of the game was gutsy. True, they ended up with the first downs and killed the game, but up until that last drive, we had been *decent* enough against the run to stop them and get another shot. Rodgers had been killing us all day passing, why not continue doing that and more than likely score again?

Just an observation.

purplepat
10-26-2011, 07:19 AM
Just a quick comment without reading all the other posts on here....

Maybe he'll never be Fran Tarkenton, and five quarters of football is too little to be reading too much into, but I really like what I'm seeing out of Ponder. Very rarely did Tarvaris Jackson look like he might have the "it" factor, but Ponder seems to have it oozing out of every pore. I think we have our QB for the next five years at least....

Purple Floyd
10-26-2011, 07:24 AM
Just a quick comment without reading all the other posts on here....

Maybe he'll never be Fran Tarkenton, and five quarters of football is too little to be reading too much into, but I really like what I'm seeing out of Ponder. Very rarely did Tarvaris Jackson look like he might have the "it" factor, but Ponder seems to have it oozing out of every pore. I think we have our QB for the next five years at least....

Good. Because it takes 5 consecutive years of starts before you can know if a QB is going to work out.

i_bleed_purple
10-26-2011, 01:45 PM
I think we have our QB for the next five years at least....

If he's anything like our QB from the previous 5 years, I'll pass please :)

RK.
10-26-2011, 05:27 PM
I think the punt at the end of the game was not a good call. Our season is over. Winning or losing the game makes no difference to us at this point. We are playing the #1 team in the NFL right now. Giving them back the ball especially after watching them in the third quarter was iffy at best for getting it back. When you have nothing to lose and everything to gain I say you put it in the hands of the offense and see if they can step up. If they make the first down we are in a great position for an upset victory. If they don't we simply lose a game that we were probably going to lose anyway and it makes no difference to our record or the playoff picture or anything. I think we should have gone for it.

MulletMullitia
10-26-2011, 05:31 PM
I think the punt at the end of the game was not a good call. Our season is over. Winning or losing the game makes no difference to us at this point. We are playing the #1 team in the NFL right now. Giving them back the ball especially after watching them in the third quarter was iffy at best for getting it back. When you have nothing to lose and everything to gain I say you put it in the hands of the offense and see if they can step up. If they make the first down we are in a great position for an upset victory. If they don't we simply lose a game that we were probably going to lose anyway and it makes no difference to our record or the playoff picture or anything. I think we should have gone for it.

I agree with this 1000%. What have we got to lose?

Webby
10-26-2011, 05:38 PM
Should be able to stop them. We did before. Punt was the right call. 3 TO plus 2 mn warning, plus good field position if we stop the run (our strength).

RK.
10-26-2011, 05:47 PM
Webby they don't have to run it. With Rodgers they would do what they had to for a first down I think. It just so happens that the run worked for them right off the bat. If it hadn't he would have tried to pass for a first down. Two first downs and the game is over. I don't assume it was going to be run run run punt.

Traveling_Vike
10-26-2011, 11:06 PM
There's one more big reason why the punt was correct.

On a failed 4th down attempt, the Packers are ALREADY in Field Goal range without using a single down. That makes it a two score gap (9 points).

Fail on the attempt and the game is over, period. At least the punt gives you a chance to hold them and get the ball back.

singersp
10-27-2011, 06:24 AM
Good. Because it takes 5 consecutive years of starts before you can know if a QB is going to work out.

Um, no it doesn't.

Name 1 QB who started 80 games & the jury was still out.

Being on the roster 5 years & actually starting every game possible over those 5 years are two complete different things.

Your mentality would have ousted Rodgers out of GB years ago because he didn't do squat for his 1st three years.

:rofl:

Purple Floyd
10-27-2011, 07:07 AM
Um, no it doesn't.

Name 1 QB who started 80 games & the jury was still out.

Being on the roster 5 years & actually starting every game possible over those 5 years are two complete different things.

Your mentality would have ousted Rodgers out of GB years ago because he didn't do squat for his 1st three years.

:rofl:

Sorry. I was just using your template for evaluating Jackson. If you remember I stuck a fork in him after his second year and spent the following years telling you he sucked. If you want to talk about my mentality you might want to reference how that subject worked out.

singersp
10-27-2011, 07:10 AM
Should be able to stop them. We did before. Punt was the right call. 3 TO plus 2 mn warning, plus good field position if we stop the run (our strength).

I disagree. Perhaps if it was a different offense than GB's, I'd think differently.

1. Only once in the 11 drives GB had in the game did we stop GB on a 3 & out & force them to punt. Once!

2. The "better field position" fans & analysts kept saying we would have had is in error. If they only get 9 yards on that drive, they are punting on their own 44. On their previous punt, they were punting 10 yards deeper & we started at the 2 yard line. A punt 10 yards closer would have started us at the 20 at best. Especially considering our average punt return was 6 yards. We were previously on the 36.

3. If we get the ball back, we are probably looking at 1st & 10 at the 20YL, with approx 2 minutes to play, with 80 yards to go & only 1 opportunity to stop the clock, via the 2 minute warning or T.O. Not very good odds.

OTOH, if we go for it on 4th & make the 10 yards, we have a 1st down at the 46YL, 54 yards, 3 T.O.s, a 2 minute warning to stop the clock & approx. 2-1/2 minutes to go. I like those odds better.

singersp
10-27-2011, 07:26 AM
Sorry. I was just using your template for evaluating Jackson. If you remember I stuck a fork in him after his second year and spent the following years telling you he sucked. If you want to talk about my mentality you might want to reference how that subject worked out.

Um, no. 5 years is not my mentality. If you're going to start a guy, start him for two years & allow him to play. Then make your decision. Not allowing your QB to audible & change a play if the defense shows something different is poor coaching. Childress did that with every single QB we had since 2006 including Favre. Favre just ignored him for the most part.

Knee jerking a QB around & pulling him & re-staring him here & there just ends up prolonging judgement & keeps them on the roster to long, impeding growth of the team who's trying to find a franchise QB.

I've said many a time, we should have started him all of 2008 & then we could have moved on & drafted a new QB in 2009. Instead we ended up keeping him on the roster 2 additional years which set us back two additional years.

Canning him after 2007 would have been premature. Especially after he was 8-4 as a starter.

Purple Floyd
10-27-2011, 07:31 AM
And some of us saw he was what he was without 2 consecutive years of starts. We just had no delusions that he could ever be more than what he was.

singersp
10-27-2011, 07:43 AM
And some of us saw he was what he was without 2 consecutive years of starts. We just had no delusions that he could ever be more than what he was.

Some of you hated him from day 1 simply because "their guy" (Young, Leinhart, Croyle, Cutler, Clemmens, Whitehurst) wasn't drafted instead of TJ & because he didn't come from a big name school. BTW, what happened to most of those QB's fans wanted us to take?

Fans were hating on him before he even threw an NFL pass & even more so when we lost to GB in 2006.

Purple Floyd
10-27-2011, 08:06 AM
Some of you hated him from day 1 simply because "their guy" (Young, Leinhart, Croyle, Cutler, Clemmens, Whitehurst) wasn't drafted instead of TJ & because he didn't come from a big name school. BTW, what happened to most of those QB's fans wanted us to take?

Are you specifically putting me in that category or are you referring to other posters?

Fans were hating on him before he even threw an NFL pass & even more so when we lost to GB in 2006.

Are you referring to me again or some random fan base? Your statement is interesting because what I remember was fans being cautiously optimistic about him and were hoping he would become a franchise type QB.

My version of events played out that fans tired of him only after seeing several mediocre performances of un aggressive play with few mistakes but fewer spectacular plays and the all too frequent injuries that seemed to pop up.

How times have changed......

singersp
10-28-2011, 06:45 AM
Are you specifically putting me in that category or are you referring to other posters?

Are you referring to me again or some random fan base? Your statement is interesting because what I remember was fans being cautiously optimistic about him and were hoping he would become a franchise type QB.

My version of events played out that fans tired of him only after seeing several mediocre performances of un aggressive play with few mistakes but fewer spectacular plays and the all too frequent injuries that seemed to pop up.

How times have changed......

No, I'm not referring to you specifically. "Some of you" was in response to "some of us". I didn't think you were referring to yourself singly.

Some fans were hating on him the day he was drafted & the word T-Joke came out long before the 2007 season played out.

While you tired of him only after seeing several mediocre performances of un aggressive play with few mistakes, that wasn't true of the entire fan base here.