PDA

View Full Version : Chris Cook arrested..

Johnson14
10-22-2011, 09:42 AM
:punch:

Chris Cook arrested for domestic assault | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/22/chris-cook-arrested-for-domestic-assault/)

singersp
10-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Well with Cook out due to incarceration & Winfield doubtful against our biggest rivalry, it looks like Marcus Sherels will get the nod.

kevoncox
10-22-2011, 10:10 AM
Does that me he got into a fight or was it domestic violence. It just said domestic assault. Hope it's not a woman.

Johnson14
10-22-2011, 10:11 AM
Brandon Burton will probably be active too.

Johnson14
10-22-2011, 10:11 AM
Does that me he got into a fight or was it domestic violence. It just said domestic assault. Hope it's not a woman.

Pretty sure it means with a woman

Chazz
10-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Well that's just fucking great. The only guy who has been good in coverage this year. What a dumb ass.

skum
10-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Griffen and Asher starting with Sherels and Burton in the nick and dime.. Unless they fance Raymond, who was a CB in college to get some playing time..

With Green Bays 5 WR sets, we are gonna need them all..

Bad timing Chris..

BBQ Platypus
10-22-2011, 10:34 AM
Griffen and Asher starting with Sherels and Burton in the nick and dime.. Unless they fance Raymond, who was a CB in college to get some playing time..

With Green Bays 5 WR sets, we are gonna need them all..

Bad timing Chris..

I don't think the timing is ever good when it comes to smacking your girlfriend around.

12purplepride28
10-22-2011, 11:15 AM
What a bitch! Why did she report him? Doesn't she know we have the packers game coming up? Talk about SELFISH.

On a side note: Glad that Cook is a genius. Nice to have quality citizens on our team.

12purplepride28
10-22-2011, 11:40 AM
One of the charges is now a felony involving strangulation. Cut him.

Johnson14
10-22-2011, 11:41 AM
I don't think the timing is ever good when it comes to smacking your girlfriend around.

+1

Johnson14
10-22-2011, 11:42 AM
One of the charges is now a felony involving strangulation. Cut him.

+1

Vikes
10-22-2011, 11:57 AM
Chris Cook is a poo poo head!

This is all i got right now.

Don't cut him he deserves his day in court.

Caine
10-22-2011, 12:52 PM
Another wasted draft pick. Why can't these "Millionaire Morons" control themselves? Cut the waste of skin...

Caine

AngloVike
10-22-2011, 02:03 PM
Another wasted draft pick. Why can't these "Millionaire Morons" control themselves? Cut the waste of skin...

Caine
way to go Cook, put yourself top of the list for when the inevitable roster clearing starts after this season. No time for anyone who takes to knocking their spouses about.

MaxVike
10-22-2011, 05:45 PM

Caine

He of the coolest Sig, speaks with great wisdom.

Cook, fuck you...goodbye

singersp
10-22-2011, 07:33 PM

Caine

Don't know if they'll necessarily cut Cook because of it.

After all, Kevin Williams is still a Minnesota Viking after his domestic assault where he went after & cut his wife with a knife.

Caine
10-22-2011, 07:58 PM
And there shouldn't be a double standard...you're right. Doesn't make me any less pissed at Cook for being a douche bag right now....

Caine

Purple Floyd
10-22-2011, 08:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWsJcg-g1pg

MulletMullitia
10-22-2011, 08:47 PM
Is he a total idiot and piece of shit human being? Without question. Has he been our best cover corner all year? Without question. I'm just as unhappy with him as the rest of you. That being said, we would be retarded to cut him. He is the only player on our team that can cover a #1 receiver. Not to mention that he is only 24 years old. I'm not saying that I'm going to go buy his jersey. But I would support OJ Simpson for CB if he could lockdown a #1 receiver for us. Without Cook, our secondary completely falls apart. If our secondary falls apart, we are the worst team in the NFL.

marshallvike
10-22-2011, 09:34 PM
Is he a total idiot and piece of shit human being? Without question. Has he been our best cover corner all year? Without question. I'm just as unhappy with him as the rest of you. That being said, we would be retarded to cut him. He is the only player on our team that can cover a #1 receiver. Not to mention that he is only 24 years old. I'm not saying that I'm going to go buy his jersey. But I would support OJ Simpson for CB if he could lockdown a #1 receiver for us. Without Cook, our secondary completely falls apart. If our secondary falls apart, we are the worst team in the NFL.

Hello #2 or 3 pick.
He will likely have to go to therapy and be able to continue to play ball

Mr Anderson
10-22-2011, 09:59 PM
609.2242 DOMESTIC ASSAULT.

Subdivision 1.Misdemeanor. Whoever does any of the following against a family or household member as defined in section 518B.01, subdivision 2, commits an assault and is guilty of a misdemeanor:
(1) commits an act with intent to cause fear in another of immediate bodily harm or death; or

(2) intentionally inflicts or attempts to inflict bodily harm upon another.
https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=609.2242
Not necessarily a woman, but I certainly wouldn't bet against it.

Purple Floyd
10-22-2011, 10:49 PM
Man or woman who he was with at 4 AM is his business but when he chokes them out then he gots to go.

No matter what talent he might eventually develop this is his second infraction this year and while you might give him a flyer on the first one, this one would be over the top.

That being said you are presumed innocent until proven guilty and I would like to hear both sides of the story on the remote chance that things are not what they seem.

MulletMullitia
10-23-2011, 02:05 AM
Man or woman who he was with at 4 AM is his business but when he chokes them out then he gots to go.

No matter what talent he might eventually develop this is his second infraction this year and while you might give him a flyer on the first one, this one would be over the top.

That being said you are presumed innocent until proven guilty and I would like to hear both sides of the story on the remote chance that things are not what they seem.

Well first of all, he was acquitted of all charges on the first arrest. So it wouldn't be fair to call this strike 2 with us or the NFL. Second of all, I call BS on anyone here that claims they wouldn't start Ray Lewis at MLB on this team, due to his murder allegations that he bought his way out of. Fine him and put him on a zero tolerance policy. We did that with Everson Griffen and it's worked just fine. We can't afford to lose this guy.

ConnecticutViking
10-23-2011, 05:57 AM
I have no Moral expectations for any pro athlete. They are whores and we pay them! With that said, as much as I would love pro athletes to uphold a higher standard, I am resigned to the fact that I really don't care what these guys do in their spare time, as long as they perform on Sunday. Cook is a D-Bag. But I wouldn't cut him.

Purple Floyd
10-23-2011, 08:33 AM
http://www.purplepride.org/images/x-purple/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Purple Floyd http://www.purplepride.org/images/x-purple/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.purplepride.org/f2/chris-cook-arrested-1108511/index2.html#post1113724)

Well first of all, he was acquitted of all charges on the first arrest. So it wouldn't be fair to call this strike 2 with us or the NFL. Second of all, I call BS on anyone here that claims they wouldn't start Ray Lewis at MLB on this team, due to his murder allegations that he bought his way out of. Fine him and put him on a zero tolerance policy. We did that with Everson Griffen and it's worked just fine. We can't afford to lose this guy.

Yes, it is strike 2 because he has gotten targeted by law enforcement twice. That indicates a possible trend. Yes, he was exonerated on the first one and I don't hold it against him as a single issue, but if he continue to invite law enforcement scrutiny then it becomes a pattern. But as I said, if evidence comes out in the future that he did nothing wrong I will be fine with him.

Ray was also found innocent and as far as I know he has had no further brushes with the law. If he choked his girlfriend then do you think I would want him on the team? You are mistaken.

battleaxe4cheese
10-23-2011, 06:08 PM
And the hits just keep on comin for Vikes fans.

Brewtal
10-23-2011, 09:32 PM
I hope Bubba has a strangle hold on him right now.

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
10-23-2011, 09:48 PM
You guys are completely missed the other side of the coin.
There is such thing as due process, and innocent until proven guilty.

If you were picked up on a sat. night for public urination, you'd sit in jail until monday, so that's that.

Point is, I'm going to wait for things to play themselves out, instead of jumping to conclusions.

vikesrgreat2
10-24-2011, 12:37 PM

If you were picked up on a sat. night for public urination, you'd sit in jail until monday, so that's that.

Point is, I'm going to wait for things to play themselves out, instead of jumping to conclusions.

Let's just hope that things get settled with Cook, or hope he's found not guilty. If he's found guilty, he's in big stinking trouble!

NDVikingFan66
10-24-2011, 01:15 PM

I agree, but I also believe in patterns. If he is acquited of this, good for him. To me he has established himself a pattern of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. He really needs to examine his life choices.

purplehelmut
10-24-2011, 02:31 PM
A major part of developing a championship team is having quality individuals. This is his second run-in with the law so a pattern is emerging. Give him his rightful due process. If he is guilty get rid of him, doesn't matter how good he is. Knuckleheads like Cook don't understand it is a privilege to represent the Vikings and play in the NFL.

singersp
10-25-2011, 06:07 AM

Maybe he was partying with Berrian & around 4:00 A.M started strangling him for his lack luster play & work ethic. Cook goes to jail & Berrian misses practice because of his sore neck & gets scratched.

Freakout
10-25-2011, 12:23 PM
1500ESPNJudd Judd Zulgad
RT @espn_nfcnblog: #Vikings CB Chris Cook charged with felony domestic strangulation.

Purple Floyd
10-25-2011, 12:36 PM
1500ESPNJudd Judd Zulgad
RT @espn_nfcnblog: #Vikings CB Chris Cook charged with felony domestic strangulation.

Yep. If that sticks he just bought himself a one way ticket out of town.

MossMems
10-25-2011, 12:42 PM
So he starts showing signs of being a good CB, then chokes someone, possible a female? Thats just sad. I would think both the NFL and Frazier would have to pubish him if he is proven guilty.

Purple Floyd
10-25-2011, 12:46 PM
They should have Robison kick him in the balls a few times.

jmcdon00
10-25-2011, 01:13 PM
I hope the team suspends him for the rest of the season. Next year if he has no further infractions he could come back. Likely though the union fights for his right to play until convicted, which probably wont come til after the season. Then we start next season without him.

I see little chance of him being cut, they simply have too much invested in him, very few NFL players get cut based on off the field things, unless they get long prison sentences(vick, burress). I doubt Cook goes to prison.

battleaxe4cheese
10-25-2011, 01:17 PM
1500ESPNJudd Judd Zulgad

That just has a horrible ring to it. I think Kluwe's next heavy metal band should be named this.

missvikes
10-25-2011, 01:39 PM

On most infractions you can bail out. He's being held without bail. Usually means you're f*cked

missvikes
10-25-2011, 01:44 PM
The neighbors called the cops because of yelling & screaming. This report says he strangled her twice. Hard enough for her eye to hemorrhage. Why couldn't he wait & take it out on the Packers?!?!?! Dumb ass
http://www.twincities.com/ci_19189812?nclick_check=1

idahovikefan7
10-25-2011, 01:54 PM
The vikings are quickly becoming the new raiders. What a total loser putting his hands on a woman like that. If everything comes out to be true, I hope he sits in a cell for a long long time.

jmcdon00
10-25-2011, 02:34 PM
A major part of developing a championship team is having quality individuals. This is his second run-in with the law so a pattern is emerging. Give him his rightful due process. If he is guilty get rid of him, doesn't matter how good he is. Knuckleheads like Cook don't understand it is a privilege to represent the Vikings and play in the NFL.
I disagree to a point.
I think you need guys who work hard, and are unselfish. Sometimes guys can be total asswipes off the field but be good guys in the locker room, and on the field. Ben Roethlisburger comes to mind, total sleaze douche bag, but he has 2 superbowl rings, and is the leader of his team.
Plaxico Burress, Michael Irvin, Lawrence Taylor, Ray Lewis, all also have superbowl rings.

poisoning16
10-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Jeez, left her with a bloody nose and marks on her neck, along with hemorrhaging in one eye due to the strangling. What a POS

Mr Anderson
03-15-2012, 02:33 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/TomPelissero/statuses/180375499825094658
https://twitter.com/#!/StribDW/status/180374745404014592
Not guilty on all counts. Via Tom Pellissero, Dan Wiederer and many others.

skum
03-15-2012, 02:39 PM
"if it don't fit you must acquit"

C Mac D
03-15-2012, 02:46 PM
Now he can go back to strangling offenses, not women.

jmcdon00
03-15-2012, 03:16 PM
It's good to have high priced lawyers.

kevoncox
03-15-2012, 03:31 PM
It's good to have high priced lawyers.
That and a victim that changed her story.

C Mac D
03-15-2012, 03:54 PM
Another A+ draft decision by our front office.

NodakPaul
03-15-2012, 09:24 PM
Interesting. Everyone, including me, had already found him guilty while knowing on the facts that we were privy to through the media.

That was an awfully damn quick decision by the jury to acquit him. Why do I get the feeling that there was a lot more going on that we heard or knew about? Yes, high priced lawyers help, but the victims almost ALWAYS change their story in domestic abuse cases, so that wasn't anything surprising. What else was offered that was so convincing that it was self defense?

kevoncox
03-15-2012, 09:55 PM
Interesting. Everyone, including me, had already found him guilty while knowing on the facts that we were privy to through the media.

That was an awfully damn quick decision by the jury to acquit him. Why do I get the feeling that there was a lot more going on that we heard or knew about? Yes, high priced lawyers help, but the victims almost ALWAYS change their story in domestic abuse cases, so that wasn't anything surprising. What else was offered that was so convincing that it was self defense?

They got expert witnesses that said
1. The marks on her neck were not from strangulation but more likely caused by her earring.
2. They said the spot in her eyes were not from increased hypoxia or intracranial pressure (strangulation). They were most likely cause from him slapping her like he said he did.

He is a man that got jealous from her text, he broke her phone, she threw some stuff at him, he got mad and slapped her. It wasn't self defense but he didn't try to choke her to death. The truth is always somewhere in between.

singersp
03-16-2012, 07:01 AM
They got expert witnesses that said
1. The marks on her neck were not from strangulation but more likely caused by her earring.
2. They said the spot in her eyes were not from increased hypoxia or intracranial pressure (strangulation). They were most likely cause from him slapping her like he said he did.

He is a man that got jealous from her text, he broke her phone, she threw some stuff at him, he got mad and slapped her. It wasn't self defense but he didn't try to choke her to death. The truth is always somewhere in between.

Yet he was found guilty until proven innocent by the Vikings & fans.

He was suspended indefinitely without pay & lost a lot of money because of it, only to be found innocent.

MaxVike
03-16-2012, 07:53 AM
I admit I was wrong... My apologies, Mr. Cook.

C Mac D
03-16-2012, 09:04 AM
He was suspended indefinitely without pay & lost a lot of money because of it, only to be found innocent.

"Innocent" and "Not Guilty" are two different things.

He still beat his girlfriend to the point of rupturing her ear-drum, they just couldn't prove it wasn't in self defense... but does an NFL player need to defend himself that much? Is he dating Chyna?

kevoncox
03-16-2012, 09:11 AM

He still beat his girlfriend to the point of rupturing her ear-drum, they just couldn't prove it wasn't in self defense... but does an NFL player need to defend himself that much? Is he dating Chyna?

She wasn't beaten. He pushed her when she attacked him and slapped her when she hit him with a shoe and broke a lamp.

C Mac D
03-16-2012, 09:16 AM
She wasn't beaten. He pushed her when she attacked him and slapped her when she hit him with a shoe and broke a lamp.

Again, he slapped her hard enough to break her ear-drum. You may not call that beating, but most people do.

Mr Anderson
03-16-2012, 11:59 AM

While unlikely, it's possible a large hand can rupture an eardrum without a lot of force. Eardrums are (obviously) inaccessible to direct force by a slap. They rupture because of pressure within the ear canal. It only take like 5psi. So if he's defending himself and goes to push her off by the head, his palm could pretty easily cover her whole ear and create that 5psi.

If she's wildly attacking him, he could easily hurt her while just trying to defend himself.

We know nothing about the girl, but everything I just wrote is pretty unlikely, but certainly within the realm of possibility.

Caine
03-18-2012, 08:45 AM
Again, he slapped her hard enough to break her ear-drum. You may not call that beating, but most people do.

A single slap isn't really a beating....

And from what little we hear, it "might" have been warranted.

Sometimes women are the aggressor - mostly because they know that we are always the primary suspect.

Doesn't mean I agree with what happened, doesn't mean I agree with the verdict - simply offering another potential point of view.

But a single slap could very easily rupture an ear drum, provided that slap covered the entire ear are, and was driven with sufficient force - both of which He could accomplish.

Caine

NodakPaul
03-19-2012, 10:24 AM

I completely get what you are saying, and I am not disagreeing with you. I would like to think that he should have been able to walk away. But I wasn't there. And I have to say that we can't assume that someone small can't hurt someone much larger than them. Assuming that he was the aggressor just because of his size is wrong. Breaking an ear drum is actually surprisingly easy.

Cook acting in self defense isn't all that far fetched. And considering how fast the jury turned around this verdict, either there was some grain of truth to his story, or we just witnessed the most inept prosecution in the history of the state. Possibly both.

C Mac D
03-19-2012, 10:54 AM
So, is he dating Chyna or not?

NodakPaul
03-19-2012, 10:59 AM

One quick note - he was initially suspended without pay, but after he met with the Vikings brass it was changed to suspended WITH pay. Sounds to me like his version of the story was pretty believable, and the Vikings had a feeling that he would be found not guilty...

BloodyHorns82
03-19-2012, 01:40 PM

No, Chyna could have handled the beating. Her ear drums are tough as nails.

kevoncox
03-19-2012, 02:37 PM
Was Brandon Marshall's wife china when she almost killed him? 9mm of lead and 6 inches of steel are stronger than 200 lbs of flesh.

C Mac D
03-19-2012, 05:29 PM
Was Brandon Marshall's wife china when she almost killed him? 9mm of lead and 6 inches of steel are stronger than 200 lbs of flesh.

So... because Brandon Marshall's wife had a gun, Chris Cook's girlfriend therefor had a gun too?

Rock solid logic there.

kevoncox
03-19-2012, 05:44 PM
So... because Brandon Marshall's wife had a gun, Chris Cook's girlfriend therefor had a gun too?

Rock solid logic there.

You're putting words in my :eek:
You asked if his why was Chyna because that's the only way a NFL player should be able to claim self defense. I simply reminded you that being hit with a show, while hilarious, can be dangerous. She hit him, pulled out a couple of locks, hit him and broke a lamp. He got mad and slapped her back. I go by the creed, don't put your hands on me; man, woman, child, priest, or extraterrestrial being; and you won't face my rage. Everyone wins!

Ranger
03-22-2012, 05:22 PM
You're putting words in my :eek:
You asked if his why was Chyna because that's the only way a NFL player should be able to claim self defense. I simply reminded you that being hit with a show, while hilarious, can be dangerous. She hit him, pulled out a couple of locks, hit him and broke a lamp. He got mad and slapped her back. I go by the creed, don't put your hands on me; man, woman, child, priest, or extraterrestrial being; and you won't face my rage. Everyone wins!

I'm sure the masses are jotting down this advice so that they might more easily avoid your "rage."

skum
03-24-2012, 10:55 PM
Vikings will bring back Chris Cook | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/24/vikings-will-bring-back-chris-cook/)

"“Sometimes you have to go through some hard lessons to give you a wake-up call, if there was a wake-up call,” Spielman said. “But you go through some tough times sometimes, and sometimes coming out of those situations really makes you a stronger and better person.”"

Caine
03-25-2012, 12:56 AM
Part of the problem here is our current legal system and it's complete lack of common sense.

There is an old saying, "Don't poke the bear". The reason is, if you poke the bear,m the bear will eat you. Is it the bear's fault? Not really...after all, YOU poked it.

Our society used to function a lot like that too. You simply didn't go up to people who were bigger, stronger, or meaner than you and run your pie-hole, or slap them, or throw things at them because...

...and this should be no surprise...

...you'd get your ass kicked. Well and truly kicked.

Problem is, we're supposed to be civilized. We're SUPPOSED to be above violence (we're not...but the fluffy people like to pretend we are, and they have all the talk shows). So, what happens now is that you poke the bear, the bear growls a bit, and you poke it again, and again, and again until the bear snaps and swats you....

...and the bear goes to jail and gets a felony record for domestic abuse.

Now, I agree that domestic ABUSE is wrong. Beating up someone smaller or weaker than you for no reason is wrong. Berating someone smaller or weaker and intimidating them into eating it is wrong. The job of the stronger is to PROTECT the weaker, not beat them down.

But the job of the weaker is to respect that strength, and to control the way in which they conduct themselves. Not to hide behind the law and say or do whatever they want while their anger rages, knowing that the LAW will punish the stronger for any retaliation. That's just as wrong.

I don't know what happened in Chris Cooks home that night. Maybe he's a douche bag, or maybe he was simply pushed beyond the point that he should have been pushed. The courts found him innocent, so I'll go with that for now.

...but we'll be watching. Hopefully they both learned that there are better ways to communicate.

Caine

Purple Floyd
03-25-2012, 08:26 AM

Rock solid logic there.

I actually believe that falls under the DHS guidelines established about 10 years ago. I can't remember if it was the Shock and Awe or the Pre-Emptive Strike doctrine.

Johnson14
03-31-2012, 04:06 AM
No, Chyna could have handled the beating. Her ear drums are tough as nails.

:rofl: