PDA

View Full Version : Who will become Ponder's #1 go to guy.

battleaxe4cheese
10-19-2011, 07:52 PM
Here we go fellas just for fun and to find out who the prognosticators of prognosticators is. Who will Ponder feel the most comfortable with throwing to. I say it's a toss up between Percy and Rudolph. I am going to go with Percy as my guess as he is the more shifty, intermediate route type guy who can get open.
In the end zone I'm going with Kyle Rudolph. He's tall and he's got fly paper for hands. What say you fellas.

Ohhhhhh. Almost forgot the throws to the sidelines/out of bounds throws will be handled by Berrian.:crazy: "I'm open"

MulletMullitia
10-19-2011, 07:55 PM
Definitely Rudolph. They are best friends off the field. I'm hoping he gets Percy more involved as well.

Purple Floyd
10-19-2011, 08:04 PM
Do we still have hank baskett?:rofl:

battleaxe4cheese
10-19-2011, 08:33 PM

I think he's in the same league as Troy 'frying pan hands' Williamson.

i_bleed_purple
10-19-2011, 10:33 PM
Would love to see Ponder to Rudolph be one of the great QB-TE matchups.

Like Fouts to Winslow, Green to Gonzalez, Elway to Sharp, Bulger to Manumaleuna.... just kidding on that last one.

Traveling_Vike
10-20-2011, 12:05 AM
I am banking on Rudolph, especially if Ponder has to keep scrambling for his life. A good pass-catching TE is a scrambling QB's best friend.

It may take a while for this to develop, though, as Rudolph's playing time is still limited behind Shiancoe and Kleinsasser.

skum
10-20-2011, 02:02 AM
Percy

And hopefully we can develop a deep ball with Berrian

singersp
10-20-2011, 05:36 AM

NO!

And hopefully now that McNabb is benched, the Vikings can close the book on the 5 year long Philadelphia Experiment.

Purple Floyd
10-20-2011, 06:51 AM
And switched to ex-colts like Johnson. Great change.

tastywaves
10-20-2011, 02:10 PM
I would like to think he becomes an equal opportunity passer. Percy, Jenkins, Shiancoe, Rudolph, AD should all get their touches.

As time goes by though, I think Rudolph will develop into one of our better weapons.

scumpuke
10-20-2011, 03:53 PM
How about getting Webb out there as a receiver? He would probably be a step up from some of those guys.

slavinator
10-20-2011, 04:18 PM
From a game plan perspective it will be AD and Toby getting more touches. I think that Rudolph and Harvin will get more touches as they know that they are the nucleus of the teams passing approach going forward. We need to find a way to get Booker on the field IMO as well.

All I know is that I AM SO HAPPY WE ARE NOT STARTING MCNABB THIS WEEK. My 9 year old daughter throws less skip passes than he does.........

NO more Antique QB's in Purple, unless they are home grown!

slavinator
10-20-2011, 04:19 PM
The biggest issue we have is forgetting who can make plays on this team. (Peterson, Harvin, Booker, Rudolph, Jenkins) as soon as we have success we either pull the player out or go away from what is working.

marshallvike
10-20-2011, 05:16 PM
The trainer.

gregair13
10-20-2011, 05:35 PM
Probably the other team.

Purple Floyd
10-20-2011, 06:08 PM
Probably the other team.:rofl:

battleaxe4cheese
10-20-2011, 06:16 PM
Probably the other team.

Come on man. Let the Ponder era begin baby!

CbusVikefan
10-20-2011, 06:44 PM
His first pass to himself. Then hopefully none to GB. He will spread it around. He will have to. Baptism by fire. This is going to be fun to watch. Or not. lol

rednorsk
10-20-2011, 07:10 PM
If they want to at least attempt to play better BENCH BERRIAN!!!!!!!!!!

MaxVike
10-20-2011, 07:46 PM
IMHO it should be Harvin, Shiancoe, Rudolph...and NOT necessarily in that order. Point being, the middle of the field is where we need to attack, given our roster...and, Ponder's talents. Oh, and, I should not forget the RB, whether, AD, Booker, or Tobay (intentional).

Vikes are undermanned on the outside, Berrian is NOT always open because he can't catch a cold. Jenkins is a good possession receiver...very good IMO. Not signing Sid is coming back to haunt...Happy Halloween.

Truth is, we have many deficiencies...too many to address here. But, I'm cautiously optimistic that Ponder will be a good one. Gonna take awhile, we are gonna need to be patient...give him a real chance.

CrazyVikingsFan
10-21-2011, 12:29 AM
At first I think the biggest weapon is going to be Ponder's legs. The coaches don't even play Harvin anymore which is insane and the TE's have been below average but then again that could have been McNabb's doing. I just see Ponder relying a lot on his legs at first. Hopefully that doesn't last long...

singersp
10-21-2011, 07:21 AM
Adrian Peterson

Marrdro
10-21-2011, 07:48 AM
Most comfortable? I think you saw it in the Bores game. Cam, mostly because that is who has had the most reps with Ponder in practice as Dnabb was sucking up all the reps with the ones.

Over time, I hope it isn't just one guy. Rationale is based on the offensive scheme we run. You have to spread the ball around. Having one guy as your go to guy just makes your offense predictable and thats kindof were we are right now (if you believe AD's words - the Bores had 9 and 10 in the box all game).

For the PUKERS game I suspect the catches will be about like this......

Percy - 5
Shanc - 4
Rudy - 2
AD/Toby - 5
Jenkins - 4
Berrian - 2
Arosh - 1

For the PUKERS, if it was me, I would work Ponder in with more 5 step routes than 3 step routes to start the game and would even start the game with a 8 or a 9 route right away on the first and again on the second series to loosen things up for not only AD but for the underneath stuff to Percy.

Johnson14
10-21-2011, 01:50 PM
Those the numbers the ol' spreadsheet chucked out Marr? ;-)

Seriously though..

I think Harvin could benefit most, but he needs to keep his head up when taking off and get the ball to the open man, not just run for the sake of it!

Reignman
10-21-2011, 05:47 PM
I can't say who his favorite target will be, but I hope the turf gets fewer balls now. I think he has a shot at leading all QB's in rushing though, the kid likes to run.

Dfoster
10-21-2011, 07:21 PM
Most comfortable? I think you saw it in the Bores game. Cam, mostly because that is who has had the most reps with Ponder in practice as Dnabb was sucking up all the reps with the ones.

Over time, I hope it isn't just one guy. Rationale is based on the offensive scheme we run. You have to spread the ball around. Having one guy as your go to guy just makes your offense predictable and thats kindof were we are right now (if you believe AD's words - the Bores had 9 and 10 in the box all game).

For the PUKERS game I suspect the catches will be about like this......

Percy - 5
Shanc - 4
Rudy - 2
AD/Toby - 5
Jenkins - 4
Berrian - 2
Arosh - 1

For the PUKERS, if it was me, I would work Ponder in with more 5 step routes than 3 step routes to start the game and would even start the game with a 8 or a 9 route right away on the first and again on the second series to loosen things up for not only AD but for the underneath stuff to Percy.

For the PUKERS? His number one guy might be Tramon Williams, possibly Sam Shields, and don't discount Charles Woodson, he he he

marshallvike
10-21-2011, 07:31 PM
For the PUKERS? His number one guy might be Tramon Williams, possibly Sam Shields, and don't discount Charles Woodson, he he he

I still say it will be the trainer.

Freya
10-22-2011, 08:28 AM
Shiancoe.

thorshammer
10-22-2011, 09:52 AM
I hope it's the tight ends on third down ....... work the middle.