PDA

View Full Version : Vikes/Packers scoring predictions

battleaxe4cheese
10-17-2011, 10:17 AM
I am thinking the Vikes will perform better next week. I am basing that on the assumption that Ponder will start and not Donny McOnehopper. Regardless of that, I don't think Ponder will light up the scoreboard at this point, but he just might give us a little spark and chew up a little clock time.

I don't think we will get destroyed as much as all the so called experts out there make it sound, but I don't think we win either. I don't think the Pukes score more than 34, and I don't believe we score more than 21.

I hope it's not a complete annihilation as it could be, but I think it will be closer than most people think. What say you fellas?

El Vikingo
10-17-2011, 10:27 AM
Close game!!??Take a look at their QB/WR corps. and then look ours

Purple Floyd
10-17-2011, 11:05 AM
They may beat us by the greatest margin in the history of the rivalry. I would not be surprised to see them score in the high 50's.

Gift
10-17-2011, 11:20 AM
We'll keep it close during the pregame warmups but the packers will eventually get rolling once the game starts.
Vikings - 13
Greenbay - Infinity

Mr Anderson
10-17-2011, 11:27 AM
We will lose. I don't see us getting embarrassed as badly as last night.

Their defense is overrated. So long as we stick to the run and let Ponder(assuming he starts) throw high percentage passes in the flat and not take chances against Woodson I think we can keep it to a three score deficit.

34-17, Pack.

idahovikefan7
10-17-2011, 11:46 AM
We won't be able to slow down the passing attack.

42-10 pukes

Traveling_Vike
10-17-2011, 01:03 PM
It's not a national game, and it's at home, so I expect a somewhat closer game than this last one.

The Packers will score a fair number of points, probably in the 30-40 point range, but they are also quite vulnerable on D, so we will put up a few on them as well.

I'm going to venture to say we score a bit early, so there is not quite as much pressure, but still can't keep up.

Final score, 33-21, Packers win.

bleedpurple
10-17-2011, 01:28 PM
Ponder starts 35-17
Mcnabb starts 42-10

Either way, it's a rout!.. Looking at our schedule, Its hard to find another possible win on the schedule. Think we might be looking at 3 wins tops...

C Mac D
10-17-2011, 01:39 PM
Boy, I sure am glad we went "all in" with the Favre years and gave zero thought to the long term success of our team. I mean, really, who could have seen this coming?

Oh... right...

bleedpurple
10-17-2011, 02:05 PM
that includes giving up draft picks for old washed up QB's...

your welcome washington!!...

battleaxe4cheese
10-17-2011, 02:08 PM
Boy, I sure am glad we went "all in" with the Favre years and gave zero thought to the long term success of our team. I mean, really, who could have seen this coming?

Oh... right...

Ya, that's been working out great for the franchise. The washed up qb approach is getting old, and I hope to God that Donny is done for the year, though it wouldn't surprise me if he does.

Purple Floyd
10-17-2011, 02:12 PM
The sad part is that while many fans are pissed right now about the fact that the team has been trying to retread old QB's for what seems to be an eternity, I would put money on a large prt of the fan base jumping on a"Bring in Manning" bandwagon if the Colts would win the suck for luck sweepstakes and decided after a year or so that they no longer needed #18 or his salary on the roster.

bleedpurple
10-17-2011, 02:16 PM
I can agree with that!!.. I'd love to have Manning on this team... That said, aside from a Manning, Brady, Brees, Rogers, type of trade situation. We don't need to be doing that... I've been a fan 25 years and as long as I can remember, that's been our M.O.

battleaxe4cheese
10-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Manning would be an idiot to take the job on this team. Who in the heck is he going to throw to...Berrian, ya right. Maybe we should give Berrian a butterfly net and a segway with a hopped up motor. He may just be able to earn his pay then, but I doubt it. Might have to upgrade to a muskie net...hmmmmm

C Mac D
10-17-2011, 02:25 PM
If manning or any other veteran is brought in next season, can't say I'll be watching any Vikings games. It's just not fun for me to see us bring in vets while we don't address the actual QB, OL and WR issues.

battleaxe4cheese
10-17-2011, 03:04 PM
If manning or any other veteran is brought in next season, can't say I'll be watching any Vikings games. It's just not fun for me to see us bring in vets while we don't address the actual QB, OL and WR issues.

This just in...Vikes sign Steve Hutchinson to 8 year contract extension. lol
Sorry man, need some humor at this point in the season.

mamaluke
10-17-2011, 10:51 PM
I predict a resounding Vikings victory. Vikings 38 - Packers 10. Excuse me for a minute, gotta find my misplaced hashpipe.

ConnecticutViking
10-18-2011, 09:22 PM
I predict a resounding Vikings victory. Vikings 38 - Packers 10. Excuse me for a minute, gotta find my misplaced hashpipe.
:rofl:

Purple Floyd
10-18-2011, 09:27 PM
I can agree with that!!.. I'd love to have Manning on this team...

Just remember- We are getting these guys after they are played out, not in their prime. Do you really want the team to bring in Manning after he is washed up?

Mark_The_Viking
10-19-2011, 02:06 AM
They'll be no need. We'll have our franchise QB. Issue is will they switch focus and start bringing in old WRs and O line guys.

Moss and Birk could renew their "acquaintance"

El Vikingo
10-19-2011, 05:31 AM
this

http://s2.subirimagenes.com/fondosycapturas/previo/thump_7044423dibujo.jpg

http://s2.subirimagenes.com/fondosycapturas/previo/thump_7044423dibujo.jpg

singersp
10-19-2011, 06:44 AM
The sad part is that while many fans are pissed right now about the fact that the team has been trying to retread old QB's for what seems to be an eternity, I would put money on a large prt of the fan base jumping on a"Bring in Manning" bandwagon if the Colts would win the suck for luck sweepstakes and decided after a year or so that they no longer needed #18 or his salary on the roster.

+1

Agreed. They'll sing a different tune when it becomes a serious possibility.

There was more than 1 thread, back when Favre was in GB, that asked if they'd want him as the Vikings QB. The majority replied with a big "hell no".

The moment it looked like a possibility, most changed their minds & were slobbin' the knob, while tickling the sack.

They'd do the same for Peyton.

Mark_The_Viking
10-19-2011, 07:37 AM
I'm hoping Ponder brings a spark and enables the O to stay on the field for more than 2 minutes whcih will give our D some time to recover between opposition TDs.

Will the Pukers win? probably but it has become almost secondary to seeing what Ponder gives us on offense. Never easy to lose to the Packers but they are simply better than us and we have to move on. As for the decision to throw him under the bus against the only undefeated team in the NFl, at some point he will have to do it, if he can come through this relatively unscathed and with a TD or 2 to boot it could very well be the making of him and we might at last have our very own franchise quarterback.

I say go for it young man and do your best we ask and expect nothing else.

Mark_The_Viking
10-19-2011, 07:39 AM
+1

Agreed. They'll sing a different tune when it becomes a serious possibility.

There was more than 1 thread, back when Favre was in GB, that asked if they'd want him as the Vikings QB. The majority replied with a big "hell no".

The moment it looked like a possibility, most changed their minds & were slobbin' the knob, while tickling the sack.They'd do the same for Peyton.

You have such a way with words

tastywaves
10-19-2011, 09:42 AM
I'm hoping Ponder brings a spark and enables the O to stay on the field for more than 2 minutes whcih will give our D some time to recover between opposition TDs.

Will the Pukers win? probably but it has become almost secondary to seeing what Ponder gives us on offense. Never easy to lose to the Packers but they are simply better than us and we have to move on. As for the decision to throw him under the bus against the only undefeated team in the NFl, at some point he will have to do it, if he can come through this relatively unscathed and with a TD or 2 to boot it could very well be the making of him and we might at last have our very own franchise quarterback.

I say go for it young man and do your best we ask and expect nothing else.

That's my take as well. Expectations are fairly low for him making his first start. Having some success in the game, could go a long way for him.

The threat of him getting killed by our shitty OL, is going to be there for quite a while and actually plays to one of his strengths.

IMO, this is the right time to put him in, hopefully Musgrave calls the game a bit differently with him in. Another test if the coaching staff has a clue.

vikesrgreat2
10-19-2011, 09:49 AM
38-20 Packers is my prediction. I think Ponder and Co. keeps the game somewhat close until the third quarter. Then, the Packers will be just too much for the Vikings. Here's to the future!

battleaxe4cheese
10-19-2011, 12:52 PM
I wouldn't even run one time in the first series. The packers will be expecting hand offs to get the young kid settled in. They will crowd the line and there will be absolutely nothing there. Our best bet will be to roll him out and give him high percentage throws underneath.

This will also make the Pukes think twice about blitzing which they are sure to do. Going three and out is the worst thing that could happen in the first series. Ponder needs a rhythm even if it's only for short gains. slants, out routes, crossing routes. Shotguns are also a necessity.

marshallvike
10-19-2011, 01:14 PM
Packers stop scoring when the final whistle blows.

After Packers retire to the locker room, Musgrave engineers a solid 11 play scoring drive

Purple Floyd
10-19-2011, 01:21 PM
If we hold them under 45 I will consider it a moral victory.

Marrdro
10-19-2011, 02:39 PM
You know, as I look around the league and watch teams play, I'm of a mind that we might still beat the crap out of them.

No, no, before you start laughing hear me out.........

Look at the Pats. Like him or not, Ole Belicheat knows what it takes to win in this league. Take a look at what he did/is doing with that team......

a. Converted his deep threat passing offense to a multiple TE passing attack with a fast, shifty little go to reciever that is setup by the run.

(on a side note, anyone still want to argue with me about my stance that Wes has the best hands in the league?)

b. Converted his 3-4 defense to a 4-3 (C2) defense. Those to NT's are some war pigs my friend.

Now look at our team.

a. Offense geared to be a multiple TE offense with a shift little go to reciever that is set up by the run.

b. 4-3 C2 defense.

Only problem I see is related to my soapbox for the last 3 years about trying to get us a big Warpig.

Anyway, I'm of a mind we have the talent and are running the right schemes. We just need a bit of help at the QB position, some outstanding play by our DL and for our coaching staff to pull their fricken head out of their asses and this can be done.

My prediction.......

Vikes 33, PUKERS 27

Purple Floyd
10-19-2011, 03:10 PM
You know, as I look around the league and watch teams play, I'm of a mind that we might still beat the crap out of them.:rofl:

Too late....:rofl:

Look at the Pats. Like him or not, Ole Belicheat knows what it takes to win in this league. Take a look at what he did/is doing with that team......

Yeah but what the Vikings do and what Bill knows are two totally different things.

a. Converted his deep threat passing offense to a multiple TE passing attack with a fast, shifty little go to reciever that is setup by the run.
So far we have nothing that suggests we are going to use our TE's in any way similar to what the Pats are doing. Secondly we don't have Brady throwing the ball or leading the team so much of what they can do we cannot do. They also made the transition after they cut Moss and there was no other deep threat like him to fill that role. They tried sorta with Ocho but he is proving useless.

(on a side note, anyone still want to argue with me about my stance that Wes has the best hands in the league?)
Nope. The guy is a stud. Unfortunately while they got Welker from the fins and we got Camarillo from the skins all things are not equal. And Percy is also not going to be the next Welker.

b. Converted his 3-4 defense to a 4-3 (C2) defense. Those to NT's are some war pigs my friend.
He does a heck of a lot of shifting and tweaking of the defense depending on what they are facing. We have nobody that is even close to being in his league of getting that type of flex out of a roster.

Now look at our team. Yeah, that hurts.

a. Offense geared to be a multiple TE offense with a shift little go to reciever that is set up by the run.

b. 4-3 C2 defense.

So are you really, honestly saying that the Vikings are ahead of some sort of scheme curve and the Pats are trying to copy us and catch up?

Only problem I see is related to my soapbox for the last 3 years about trying to get us a big Warpig.
Of course you are really on your own island with that one. We don't need to get fatter against the teams we are facing, we need to get faster.

Anyway, I'm of a mind we have the talent and are running the right schemes. We just need a bit of help at the QB position, some outstanding play by our DL and for our coaching staff to pull their fricken head out of their asses and this can be done.

Yeah, if you like having a 1-5 team we do.........

My prediction.......

Vikes 33, PUKERS 27:rofl:

i_bleed_purple
10-19-2011, 03:29 PM

Yeah but what the Vikings do and what Bill knows are two totally different things.

So far we have nothing that suggests we are going to use our TE's in any way similar to what the Pats are doing. Secondly we don't have Brady throwing the ball or leading the team so much of what they can do we cannot do. They also made the transition after they cut Moss and there was no other deep threat like him to fill that role. They tried sorta with Ocho but he is proving useless.

Nope. The guy is a stud. Unfortunately while they got Welker from the fins and we got Camarillo from the skins all things are not equal. And Percy is also not going to be the next Welker.

He does a heck of a lot of shifting and tweaking of the defense depending on what they are facing. We have nobody that is even close to being in his league of getting that type of flex out of a roster.

Yeah, that hurts.

So are you really, honestly saying that the Vikings are ahead of some sort of scheme curve and the Pats are trying to copy us and catch up?

Of course you are really on your own island with that one. We don't need to get fatter against the teams we are facing, we need to get faster.

I agree with all of the disagreements in this post.

battleaxe4cheese
10-19-2011, 04:41 PM
You know, as I look around the league and watch teams play, I'm of a mind that we might still beat the crap out of them.

Now look at our team.

b. 4-3 C2 defense.

My prediction.......

Vikes 33, PUKERS 27

Hey Marr, this will go down as the most optimistic post of the season thus far. I hope your are right bud, but I fear the worst.

singersp
10-20-2011, 05:54 AM
It's not a question of whether or not we lose.........it's a question of how much we lose by.

Reignman
10-21-2011, 08:00 PM
Wow I seriously can't believe anyone thinks we have a snowballs chance in hell of not losing by more than 3 TD's. That's not negative, that's realistic. They beat us 31-3 at the dome last year (Rodgers 301yds 4 TD's) and there's no reason to think this game will be any different. Rodgers and co. look sharper than ever and our DB's haven't proven they can cover anyone.

AP is the wildcard in terms of the final margin. If we misuse him again, limit his touches, or can't get him going, it's going to be that much harder for Ponder and the game will be over before half. I think the Packers will be coasting by the 2nd half and we'll get a good look at their backups in the 4th. We'll finally score a TD (Ponder to Rudolph) in garbage time to prevent a shutout.

In 3 quarters Rodgers will pick apart our swiss cheese cover 2 D for 350yds and 4 TD's. It's seriously going to look like Rodgers is just playing catch out there with his receivers. It'll be refreshing and exciting to finally see Ponder start, but he'll throw 3 picks (1 returned for 6).

This one could potentially be quite embarrassing though. I'm talking Gopher like embarrassment, not the usual Viking embarrassment. If Ponder wasn't making his 1st start I probably wouldn't even bother watching.

Gut feeling ... Packers 41-7 (31-17 if AP shows up).

thorshammer
10-22-2011, 10:45 AM
I like this post. I too am a believer. Before the loss to Chicago we were in every game. I don't think Rodgers is God. If we get a couple of things fixed it could happen.

skum
10-22-2011, 11:05 AM
Well, if Green Bay wants to run alot of those 4 or 5 reciever sets, we should be able to get Jared in a man on man blocking matchup which could create some heat, but we need to get tor Rodgers before his many recievers get open..

He could easily kill our secondary if we don't..

Offense depends on playaction and whatever we can do to get Adrian out in space.. i saw they tried with some goal-line blocking formations all over the field vs the Bears in the second half which worked ok on the scoring drive and i think we could see more of the same... Bootlegs and quick slants to hit Percy in stride and the playaction over the top to Berrian is key to getting the running game working as well..

Im a homer, so im going with

27-24 Vikes in OT.

12purplepride28
10-22-2011, 11:15 AM
Now it's literally impossible for us to win with Chris Cook in jail. Who's our secondary? Cedric "I don't have a good ACL in my body" Griffin? Slow and crap. Marcus "Fair catch at the 5" Sherels? Brandon "The other B_Twice" Burton? Asher "I'm 4'11"" Allen? They all SUCK! Our team is a fucking joke. However there are some things I'm excited to see: Mistral Raymon, Jared Allen, Christian Ponder, Kyle Rudolph, Percy Harvin, and Purple Jesus.

vikinggreg
10-22-2011, 11:28 AM

Yeah, that hurts.

The Vikings do have that second half of the game adjustment that not many other teams in the league have starting using yet....the one where we keep our offense limited to 3-5 plays if we extend their time with a penalty a possession and leave the defense out for the most of the rest of the game to get a good look at what adjustments they've made and which stuff starts working, which seems to be alot at times

marshallvike
10-22-2011, 08:58 PM
It's gonna be UGLY