PDA

View Full Version : Donovan McNabb: Mechanics issue “getting out of hand”

Purple Floyd
10-13-2011, 08:06 AM
Donovan McNabb: Mechanics issue “getting out of hand” | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/12/donovan-mcnabb-mechanics-issues-getting-out-of-hand/related/)

“This whole mechanics thing is getting out of hand,” McNabb said. “Somebody says something about mechanics — everybody works on your mechanics, no matter what position you play. You watch the film and you try to work on different techniques. This whole mechanics thing is really something that I haven’t changed or anything of that nature.”
He later bristled at another direct question about his inaccuracy.
“I guess, according to y’all, my whole career I’ve been inaccurate. It’s just making the play when the play needs to be made.”

He might consider actually looking at some film before he disputes that his mechanics have any problem. Just because they were bad before but he was more athletic which helped mask the problems doesn't mean anything.

singersp
10-13-2011, 08:48 AM
McNabb says talk about mechanics ‘getting out of hand’; Vikings QB dismisses inaccuracy issues

McNabb says talk about mechanics ‘getting out of hand’; Vikings QB dismisses inaccuracy issues - The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/mcnabb-says-talk-about-mechanics-getting-out-of-hand-vikings-qb-dismisses-inaccuracy-issues/2011/10/12/gIQAcdwffL_story.html)

Purple Floyd
10-13-2011, 08:50 AM
Already posted

Marrdro
10-13-2011, 09:30 AM
I bet ole Leslie wishes he could take back the "Mechanics" gaff.

marshallvike
10-13-2011, 09:42 AM
I bet ole Leslie wishes he could take back the "Mechanics" gaff.

Spelled it wrong marr. It's mechNabbics gaff

Purple Floyd
10-13-2011, 09:50 AM
I wonder if the team even talked to Shanahan about his concerns with McNabb or if they just took DM's word for it.

Formo
10-13-2011, 03:34 PM
I guess, according to y’all, my whole career I’ve been inaccurate. It’s just making the play when the play needs to be made.

Really McNabb? Really? Yeah sure, you make the play when it was needed to be made 3+ years ago. No one here is saying you have bene inaccurate your whole career.. Hell, no one here in MINNESOTA has watched you enough to even make that judgement. What we DO see, Donovan, is an aging QB who looks STRIKINGLY familiar to a former project QB who's getting savaged in Seattle right now. And you are supposed to be a Pro Bowler.

I was initially OK with McNabb joining the team, just like with Favre, as long as he performed. Hell, I even gave him less of a standard to play by than I did Favre. He's underwhelmed me with his performance so far. He'll have to turn his game around big time before I call this move a bust.

AngloVike
10-13-2011, 03:51 PM
" getting out of hand " ??? sounds like an adequate description of most of the balls he throws... off target, one hop and a spiral on a ball that you'd expect from an english soccer player rather than an american QB..

Traveling_Vike
10-13-2011, 04:03 PM
You know, when so many people all say the same thing, then maybe, just maybe, they might have a point. It's fine to shrug off a little criticism here and there, but this is way more than that. Sometimes the majority is right.

At this point, it has become a matter of stubborn pride and denial.

Formo
10-13-2011, 04:10 PM
And to pile on.. The Common Man Progrm today was hilarious. Well, the uni-sex bathroom bit was at least. The jist of the story was that there was a single uni-sex bathroom in a Vancouver restaurant that had 6 stalls. Inside each stall was a sign that had a male stick figure standing up in front of a toilet with the red circle/slash over it, implying that you MUST sit down to use the toilets. That sparked the conversation of how insulting it was to males who have great aim to be 'forced' to sit down and piss. Common went on for awhile about how he's been a great urinator for 50 years and never once missed. One of the many, many jokes made from the bit was what if Donovan McNabb used that bathroom and he, too, decided he wasn't going to sit and pee. I believe the crack was, "McNabb can't one or two-hop his urine into the toilet."

Anyway, I had a great laugh at that bit.

Mr Anderson
10-13-2011, 04:19 PM
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh181/eja642/shutupdonny1.jpg

singersp
10-13-2011, 08:28 PM
I wonder if the team even talked to Shanahan about his concerns with McNabb or if they just took DM's word for it.

If they had talked to Shanahan about his concerns, the Redskins would have one less 6th round draft pick in 2012.

battleaxe4cheese
10-13-2011, 10:07 PM
Fairly simple to shut up the naysayers McOnehopper...play a good fricken game, or do what Mr. Anderson said.:angry:

Purple Floyd
10-13-2011, 10:54 PM
Frazier tells McNabb: “You can’t play this game cautious”Frazier tells McNabb: “You can’t play this game cautious” | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/13/frazier-tells-mcnabb-you-cant-play-this-game-cautious/)

“He’s done a great job of not turning the ball over (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/131677868.html), which is a big deal because of the way we play,” Frazier said. “It’s one of the reasons we’ve been in these games the way we have.”
Frazier followed that thought up, however, by saying McNabb needs to be aggressive in the passing game.
“But you can’t play this game cautious,” Frazier said. “He knows that. He’s had a ton of success in this league. Sometimes, you just got to let it go. And he will, and he has.”

RK.
10-13-2011, 11:16 PM
Sometimes, you just got to let it go. And he will, and he has.”

Unfortunatly when he lets it go it tends to hit the ground.

Formo
10-13-2011, 11:59 PM
Unfortunatly when he lets it go it tends to hit the ground.

CHEER!!!:rofl: :clap:

SharperImage
10-14-2011, 01:29 AM

missvikes
10-14-2011, 01:34 AM
" getting out of hand " ??? sounds like an adequate description of most of the balls he throws... off target, one hop and a spiral on a ball that you'd expect from an english soccer player rather than an american QB..

What's outta his hands? The ball getting into the receivers hands? Our problems? Having a good QB? What are his excuses? WAIT! nevermind! Don"t G.A.F!
Webb U Ready?
:angry:

singersp
10-14-2011, 07:16 AM
The problem isn't that talk of his mechanics is getting out of hand.

The problem is the ball is in Skipper McNabb's hands to begin with.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/SkippermcnabbVikings.jpg

Purple Floyd
10-14-2011, 07:39 AM
the problem isn't that talk of his mechanics is getting out of hand.

The problem is the ball is in skipper mcnabb's hands to begin with.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/skippermcnabbvikings.jpg

gilligan!!!!!!!!!!!

battleaxe4cheese
10-14-2011, 11:31 AM
You're stupid excuses are getting out of hand McOnehopper! Play like a vet or get of the fricken field and go help Favre mow his lawn.