PDA

View Full Version : Did the OT rules NOT change?

highdesertvike
10-12-2011, 07:56 AM
I was wondering about this in the Lions game, but was just too depressed to post about it. I recently got reminded of it again, so my question is this...

When the game went to OT, the Lions won the toss and promptly went down and scored a FG. We didn't get the chance to answer back. Game over. Why? Did I just miss us having the ball in OT? Did the OT rules not change? If not, why does Madden 12 have the OT rules being that both teams have a chance to score?

singersp
10-12-2011, 08:24 AM
I was wondering about this in the Lions game, but was just too depressed to post about it. I recently got reminded of it again, so my question is this...

When the game went to OT, the Lions won the toss and promptly went down and scored a FG. We didn't get the chance to answer back. Game over. Why? Did I just miss us having the ball in OT? Did the OT rules not change? If not, why does Madden 12 have the OT rules being that both teams have a chance to score?

As I recall, that rule applies to playoff games only.

highdesertvike
10-12-2011, 08:27 AM
Ahhh...durka, durka, durka. Thanks, Singer.

jmcdon00
10-12-2011, 09:09 AM
The rules should be the same in playoffs and regular season. You can win a lot of regular season games because you have a great kicker, but then in overtime of the biggest game of the year they minimize the kicker.