Thank God Carolina sucks.

Braddock
10-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Thank God Carolina sucks.

What does Carolina have to do with it?

keystonevike
10-09-2011, 03:31 PM
VICTORY (finally).
Time to get back into the playoff picture (lol).
Still can't score points in the 2nd half, tho. Damn.

skum
10-09-2011, 03:31 PM
McNabb is still horrible

We would have won this game with Kluwe at QB..

Statline: 10/21 169 yards 0 TD 0 INT 1 SACK 75.3 Rating

Peterson is the boss of this team and he is on my fantasy team..

Traveling_Vike
10-09-2011, 03:33 PM
See, I told you it would not hurt us to turn the ball over to Carolina.

Still a weak offensive performance in the second half, but it was enough. Ran Peterson more (29 carries, one less than his max), O-line held up better, better play selection.

Defense did not tire out nearly as much, and did their jobs in the second half. Kudos to Robison, Sanford, and of course, JA. Even Chad got a hand on one pass.

Special Teams, as usual, were the best unit we had, and very impressive.

Also a nod to Musgrave for better play selection. The double reverse was snazzy, playing off of our success with Harvin on the single reverses earlier in the season.

Even without Berrian, we still tried to go deep a few times to Jenkins and Aromashodu, and got a couple of nice PI calls because of it.

On the negative side, all of our TDs came early off of turnovers and ST excellence, giving us very short fields on four consecutive series. While turnovers are great, we can't count on everyone spotting us 28 points int he first 9 minutes of the game.

Also did not see much of anything from the TEs. They were one of the few offensive bright spots before, so why give up on them now?

All in all, an ugly but satisfying win for the home crowd. But we had better step it up some more, we're headed to Chicago next.

Traveling_Vike
10-09-2011, 03:34 PM
What does Carolina have to do with it?

At one point the ref referred to our opponent as Carolina instead of Arizona.

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
10-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Typical fans.

Even when the vikings win, you bitch and bitch.

Didn't score in the 2nd half.
McNabb was awful
Tight Ends didn't do anything

This Just in:
There is no such thing as a PERFECT GAME in football.

Even Frazier is going to take the rest of the day to appreciate the win. Relax and take a chill pill.

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
10-09-2011, 03:53 PM
McNabb is still horrible

We would have won this game with Kluwe at QB..

Statline: 10/21 169 yards 0 TD 0 INT 1 SACK 75.3 Rating

Peterson is the boss of this team and he is on my fantasy team..

Shocker, you failed to mention the fact he ran it in for a TD. There are at least 4 other things he could have done there, 3 of them bad.

skum
10-09-2011, 03:58 PM
Shocker, you failed to mention the fact he ran it in for a TD. There are at least 4 other things he could have done there, 3 of them bad.

If any quarterback in this league doesnt take that choice and run when there is so much open space, he should not be playing it was an easy touchdown that didnt require much skill to perform.

Caine
10-09-2011, 04:07 PM
Typical fans.

McNabb was awful

This Just in:

Even Frazier is going to take the rest of the day to appreciate the win. Relax and take a chill pill.

No one asked for a "perfect" game...but you have to admit that McNabb played poorly. We saw this level of play when Jackson was here. Just because the Defense and Peterson allowed us to go up early, doesn't excuse McNabb's crappy play throughout the rest of the game.

Here's the thing, what happens when AD and the Defense DON'T allow us to put up 28 points in the first quarter? Will McNabb step up? Will Shiancoe catch passes and stay onsides? Will Harvin even be thrown to?

We're glad to have the win - hell, I'm ELATED!!!! No one wants to go 0-fer. But ignoring the elements that are going to lead to problems down the road - and have been problematic already this season - is shortsighted. And no one wins championships by being short sighted.

From my perspective - Defense played their asses off. Gotta love Allen and Robison taking it to Kolb. Hey....didn't Marrdro say Robison wouldn't hold up well at LDE? Looks like he's doing just fine to me....

Secondary even looked good most times. We let a couple get through to Doucet and Fitzgerald, but the guys played tough and didn't let Arizona hurt us.

O-Line played fairly well. Gotta stiffen up a bit more on pass protection - not everyone will suck as bad as the Cardinal's front 4.

McNabb and the receivers were...absent. 169 yards passing...under 50% completion rate...Aromashodu is the leading receiver with TWO catches and 81 yards (Jenkins had 4...for a measly 32 yards). This is the recurring problem that HAS to be addressed. And putting in Webb or Ponder alone won't fix it. THIS is what we are "complaining" about. Are we wrong? Are we off base?

I don't think so.

Caine

Purple Floyd
10-09-2011, 05:19 PM
Well, we got a pretty dominant win. At least dominant from the defense anyway. The game reminded me of 2007 when the defense was smothering opponents, getting turnovers and putting offense in great field position that led to wins in spite of mediocre QB play.

The defensive line looked so good today that I hope all of those comments about not having a certain technique DT are now put on mothballs and never brought up again. I am also liking what I am seeing from Cook in the secondary and hope he develops into a dominant corner for years to come. Even the safeties in this particular game looked solid and they figured the whole INT thing out.

On offense the WR group looked like they had an addition by the subtraction of Berrian and I pray we have seen the last of him in Purple. The team obviously doesn't miss him. Percy has been so impressive in everything he does and even Sherels and Booker had some nice plays.

Good game overall by the team and they finally held up in the second half for a win.

MulletMullitia
10-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Oh my god, we figured out to hand the ball off to the best back in world. Hallelujah! And our secondary is no longer our achilles heel. Riddle me that? Bill Musgrave was awesome. The O-line looked pretty good too. You will hear no bitching from me at all this week. I couldn't be prouder of this team today. I love you Adrian Peterson. I love you Jared Allen. I love all of you guys right now! Yeah, even you Caine and Marty ;)! See you guys in Chicago next weekend. Beers are on me. Skol!

ConnecticutViking
10-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Oh my god, we figured out to hand the ball off to the best back in world. Hallelujah! And our secondary is no longer our achilles heel. Riddle me that? Bill Musgrave was awesome. The O-line looked pretty good too. You will hear no bitching from me at all this week. I couldn't be prouder of this team today. I love you Adrian Peterson. I love you Jared Allen. I love all of you guys right now! Yeah, even you Caine and Marty ;)! See you guys in Chicago next weekend. Beers are on me. Skol!

Well Said! +1

singersp
10-09-2011, 08:02 PM

On the negative side, all of our TDs came early off of turnovers and ST excellence, giving us very short fields on four consecutive series. While turnovers are great, we can't count on everyone spotting us 28 points int he first 9 minutes of the game.

Special teams AND defense.

Giving the ball to AD more didn't win us the game. We had 28 points after his first 9 carries & those 4 drives were only 18, 24, 25 & 27 yards long.

Credit the defense & special teams fir that.

In the remaining 47-1/2 minutes (over 3 quarters) of the game, the Vikings could only muster putting up 6 points, while failing on 5 other drives. Certainly not something to brag about. A better opponent may have crawled right back into it.

Our offense needs to sustain drives & put up points, not go 3 & out & punt or get 1 first down & then go 3 & out & punt.

In 5 games the Vikings have failed to score more than 7 points in the 2nd half & are only averaging 3.8 points/2nd half of the game.

Caine
10-09-2011, 08:17 PM

Giving the ball to AD more didn't win us the game. We had 28 points after his first 9 carries & those 4 drives were only 18, 24, 25 & 27 yards long.

In the remaining 47-1/2 minutes (over 3 quarters) of the game, the Vikings could only muster putting up 6 points, while failing on 5 other drives. Certainly not something to brag about. A better opponent may have crawled right back into it.

Our offense needs to sustain drives & put up points, not go 3 & out & punt or get 1 first down & then go 3 & out & punt.

In 5 games the Vikings have failed to score more than 7 points in the 2nd half & are only averaging 3.8 points/2nd half of the game.

Agreed +1

HEY
10-09-2011, 08:20 PM
My favorite post of the week. :)

Webby
10-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Lucky that Arizona is just so terrible. When they woke up some it was much closer, and that's not saying a ton.

Webby
10-09-2011, 08:23 PM

See you in Chicago!

Traveling_Vike
10-09-2011, 10:18 PM

I'm not sure why you seem to think that I'm dissing on the defense, or giving too much credit to the offense. Far from it. In fact, here's my entire original post. I'll highlight the important parts you clipped out.

See, I told you it would not hurt us to turn the ball over to Carolina.

Still a weak offensive performance in the second half, but it was enough. Ran Peterson more (29 carries, one less than his max), O-line held up better, better play selection.

Defense did not tire out nearly as much, and did their jobs in the second half. Kudos to Robison, Sanford, and of course, JA. Even Chad got a hand on one pass.

Also a nod to Musgrave for better play selection. The double reverse was snazzy, playing off of our success with Harvin on the single reverses earlier in the season.

Even without Berrian, we still tried to go deep a few times to Jenkins and Aromashodu, and got a couple of nice PI calls because of it.

Also did not see much of anything from the TEs. They were one of the few offensive bright spots before, so why give up on them now?

All in all, an ugly but satisfying win for the home crowd. But we had better step it up some more, we're headed to Chicago next.

So what exactly are you contesting? Seems to me that we pretty much agree on everything.
Oh. maybe it was the Peterson thing. Well, of course it is true that he didn't win the game for us all by himself. All I meant to say was that giving him the ball more in the latter part of teh game helped to sustain a few drives a bit longer and help run out the clock, which is exactly what that is supposed to do. Other aspects of the team have to do their part, as well, and they did today.

In all honesty, though, I only mentioned that at all because some people have been harping on how we need to use him more. It was a small bone to throw to them, to show that they were at least partly right in this case.

As for the one portion of my post that you did single out, I'm not sure how you read it, but i meant it to say that we still need more and better offensive production. Those points were mostly handed to us and we did not have to work very hard to get them. Other games will be tougher. Am I wrong about that?

singersp
10-09-2011, 10:56 PM
I'm not sure why you seem to think that I'm dissing on the defense, or giving too much credit to the offense. Far from it. In fact, here's my entire original post. I'll highlight the important parts you clipped out.

So what exactly are you contesting? Seems to me that we pretty much agree on everything.
Oh. maybe it was the Peterson thing. Well, of course it is true that he didn't win the game for us all by himself. All I meant to say was that giving him the ball more in the latter part of teh game helped to sustain a few drives a bit longer and help run out the clock, which is exactly what that is supposed to do. Other aspects of the team have to do their part, as well, and they did today.

In all honesty, though, I only mentioned that at all because some people have been harping on how we need to use him more. It was a small bone to throw to them, to show that they were at least partly right in this case.

As for the one portion of my post that you did single out, I'm not sure how you read it, but i meant it to say that we still need more and better offensive production. Those points were mostly handed to us and we did not have to work very hard to get them. Other games will be tougher. Am I wrong about that?

I'm not contesting anything. I highlighted the part where you mentioned we won't be spotted 28 points by other teams because I agreed with it. I also added "defense" as one of the main reasons for our win to your "special teams" (which I also agreed with) because I felt both were a vital factor.

After that I added some of my own thoughts on AD's 29 carries.

The only thing I'd contest, is that it took 12+ minutes to score the 28 points & not 9.

Brewtal
10-09-2011, 11:05 PM
Wow, I knew McNabb was going to suck when he came here but I never imagined he would be this bad. Win or not Mcnabb stinks.

jargomcfargo
10-09-2011, 11:13 PM
Wow, I knew McNabb was going to suck when he came here but I never imagined he would be this bad. Win or not Mcnabb stinks.
I saw him play a few times last year. He was just as bad then.

Gift
10-10-2011, 12:29 AM
Typical fans.

McNabb was awful

This Just in:

Even Frazier is going to take the rest of the day to appreciate the win. Relax and take a chill pill.Careful! A cool head, logic & reason have no place here on Sunday.

Mr Anderson
10-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Careful! A cool head, logic & reason have no place here on Sunday.
I'd say it's perfectly reasonable to be less than satisfied with poor play by the offense for 3 quarters, despite a win.

Not every team is as bad as the Cardinals.

But if we get pressure and play elite receivers the way Cook did yesterday, we can make them look pretty bad.

Let's go out and get a decisive win against the Bears next Sunday and then relax a little bit. This team is still 1-4, and yesterday's game was far enough from the hypothetical perfect game to conerns to still exist.

Zeus
10-10-2011, 10:52 AM
See you in Chicago!

You got an extra ticket?

=Z=

Gift
10-10-2011, 12:05 PM
I'd say it's perfectly reasonable to be less than satisfied with poor play by the offense for 3 quarters, despite a win.

Not every team is as bad as the Cardinals.

But if we get pressure and play elite receivers the way Cook did yesterday, we can make them look pretty bad.

Let's go out and get a decisive win against the Bears next Sunday and then relax a little bit. This team is still 1-4, and yesterday's game was far enough from the hypothetical perfect game to conerns to still exist.My thinking is.. We should all just shut up and enjoy the win, we ain't gonna get many this year

C Mac D
10-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Cook looked really good, turning out to be a smart draft choice.

Really like the Allen/Robison DE combo. Sick. Robison is SO much better than Edwards ever was.

And I said this at the beginning of the season, but Jamarca Sanford and Mistral Raymond are the Vikings best safeties. Wondering when the Vikes coaching staff will realize this about Raymond.

I'm done talking about McNabb's performances.

Traveling_Vike
10-10-2011, 01:20 PM
I'm not contesting anything. I highlighted the part where you mentioned we won't be spotted 28 points by other teams because I agreed with it. I also added "defense" as one of the main reasons for our win to your "special teams" (which I also agreed with) because I felt both were a vital factor.

After that I added some of my own thoughts on AD's 29 carries.

The only thing I'd contest, is that it took 12+ minutes to score the 28 points & not 9.

OK, my bad then. It just seemed like you were highlighting that to challenge it, which is what most folks do around here. Unless you explicitly say "I agree" it can get misread.

Oh, and on the nine minutes thing, I did misstate it. They all came within about a nine minute span, but it wasn't the first nine minutes, it started after the Cardinals first possession. The first three TDs, in fact, came within a five and a half minute spread, while the last one took a little bit longer.

marshallvike
10-10-2011, 04:26 PM
No one asked for a "perfect" game...but you have to admit that McNabb played poorly. We saw this level of play when Jackson was here. Just because the Defense and Peterson allowed us to go up early, doesn't excuse McNabb's crappy play throughout the rest of the game.

Here's the thing, what happens when AD and the Defense DON'T allow us to put up 28 points in the first quarter? Will McNabb step up? Will Shiancoe catch passes and stay onsides? Will Harvin even be thrown to?

We're glad to have the win - hell, I'm ELATED!!!! No one wants to go 0-fer. But ignoring the elements that are going to lead to problems down the road - and have been problematic already this season - is shortsighted. And no one wins championships by being short sighted.

From my perspective - Defense played their asses off. Gotta love Allen and Robison taking it to Kolb. Hey....didn't Marrdro say Robison wouldn't hold up well at LDE? Looks like he's doing just fine to me....

Secondary even looked good most times. We let a couple get through to Doucet and Fitzgerald, but the guys played tough and didn't let Arizona hurt us.

O-Line played fairly well. Gotta stiffen up a bit more on pass protection - not everyone will suck as bad as the Cardinal's front 4.

McNabb and the receivers were...absent. 169 yards passing...under 50% completion rate...Aromashodu is the leading receiver with TWO catches and 81 yards (Jenkins had 4...for a measly 32 yards). This is the recurring problem that HAS to be addressed. And putting in Webb or Ponder alone won't fix it. THIS is what we are "complaining" about. Are we wrong? Are we off base?

I don't think so.

Caine

I agree completely with your post Caine.
It was great to be able to see the score in our favor at the end of a game rather than just at halftime.
I recall Aromashodu dropping two passes that, from behind my MGD bottle, looked like easy catches. He made some nice catches during preseason to make this team. Donovan doesn't throw enough nice passes to be able to afford dropping two good ones. that is a road to Bernardville. I did not blame Dony for our early losses, but he sure is doing his best to convince me he is as big a problem as Musgrave. I have never, in all my years of watching football, seen a QB more adept at hitting an open spot on he turf with the footastic.ball as he is.
JA, Rob, Percy and AD look fant

Brewtal
10-10-2011, 11:00 PM
Disagree with the idea of giving McNab a pass because we won. He is so bad he diserves the embarresment of being canned now. And who was it that said we should just enjoy the win. Sounds like a loosers stance to me, even on a win you must look at yourself and make the proper adjustment.

i_bleed_purple
10-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Disagree with the idea of giving McNab a pass because we won. He is so bad he diserves the embarresment of being canned now. And who was it that said we should just enjoy the win. Sounds like a loosers stance to me, even on a win you must look at yourself and make the proper adjustment.

I'd agree, he certainly doesn't get a pass.

Remember the Bills game last year, Jackson played like absolute garbage, but we won convincingly. We crucified him (well, everyone except the T-Jack-jock-sniffers), McNabb gets the same fate.

McNabb didn't just have nobody open, he didn't just get hit all the time, he was flat out missing easy throws. That one to shank near the goal like I honestly could have made. He threw it 5 yards short into the turf for a would-be touchdown.

Two weeks ago, I said McNabb gets three weeks to get everything in order, next week against the Bears will determine that. Now, granted the Bears have a much more difficult defense than the Cards, Im expecting a decent game. Don't need 300 yards and 5 td's, but a solid performance, minimal misthrows, and a win. Barring a complete and utter meltdown by the OL and WR's, It's do or die for him.

Johnson14
10-11-2011, 08:48 AM
One of the biggest highlights for me was seeing just how bad Kolb is, dear oh dear, he sucks!.. and i thank GOD we did not give up our picks or players to the Iggles for him. :crazy:

Marrdro
10-11-2011, 10:29 AM
Hey....didn't Marrdro say Robison wouldn't hold up well at LDE? Looks like he's doing just fine to me....
Caine
Were you been? I admitted I was wrong in the week 2 game thread my friend.

Marrdro
10-11-2011, 10:34 AM
The secondary played well cause the DL played lights out, getting to the QB on almost all instances alone (without help) and when they did get help, it was disguised pretty damn good.

Everyone should mark this game down, that is what a C2 defense is supposed to look like. DL providing constant pressure on the QB, LB'rs stuffing the run as the DL eat up blockers and the secondary standing back waiting for batted/poorly thrown balls.

When done correctly, it is a defense that is fun to watch.

Marrdro
10-11-2011, 10:40 AM

Cook wasn't the only one shutting down elite receivers yesterday. Truth is, that elite receiver was negated no matter what side he lined up on and didn't have a catch of significance until we started giving them the underneath stuff.

Marrdro
10-11-2011, 10:46 AM
And I said this at the beginning of the season, but Jamarca Sanford and Mistral Raymond are the Vikings best safeties. Wondering when the Vikes coaching staff will realize this about Raymond.
How did they out play Hussain?

Marrdro
10-11-2011, 10:57 AM
I thought the other thread was the post game thread. Most of my comments have been articulated in that one, however, a few thoughts......

a. The secondary didn't do anything different than they have been doing since last year. They sat back, let the ball get caught in front of them and waited for the DL to cause the QB to make bad mistakes/tip balls. Only on interception was really a INT. The others sailed to DB's waiting in their zones.

On a side note, I thought that yesterday was the first time that I could actually say that our CB's were used the right way. Both CB's (and not just Cook because of his one deflected pass) played very aggresively and negated what most thought would be a tough matchup for them.

b. Shortwell. Two touchbacks was impressive. A missed FG wasn't.

c. OL played yet another good game. I especially loved how Sully, Hutch and Herrera were out in front pulling on alot of AD's runs. Absolutely love it when Herrera brings the nasty like he did this week.

d. TE's. Sauce had one hell of a game blocking (again). Until we get a QB who can hit someone on the move, I don't think we will see much production from this unit.

e. DL. Thats the first time I've seen this unit play to their potential. Ballard and Griff are really starting to come into their own. I watch K-dubb real close the last two weeks. Looks like his foot isn't bothering him.

f. QB. Dnabb just can't hit a WR in motion. Sure he gets one or two a game, but for the most part, all of his completions are to receivers that run to a spot and settle and he is missing recievers (not even throwing to them) deep that are wide open. Did it twice that I saw. I bet I missed a couple of others.

Johnson14
10-11-2011, 11:00 AM
I thought the other thread was the post game thread. Most of my comments have been articulated in that one, however, a few thoughts......

a. The secondary didn't do anything different than they have been doing since last year. They sat back, let the ball get caught in front of them and waited for the DL to cause the QB to make bad mistakes/tip balls. Only on interception was really a INT. The others sailed to DB's waiting in their zones.

On a side note, I thought that yesterday was the first time that I could actually say that our CB's were used the right way. Both CB's (and not just Cook because of his one deflected pass) played very aggresively and negated what most thought would be a tough matchup for them.

b. Shortwell. Two touchbacks was impressive. A missed FG wasn't.

c. OL played yet another good game. I especially loved how Sully, Hutch and Herrera were out in front pulling on alot of AD's runs. Absolutely love it when Herrera brings the nasty like he did this week.

d. TE's. Sauce had one hell of a game blocking (again). Until we get a QB who can hit someone on the move, I don't think we will see much production from this unit.

e. DL. Thats the first time I've seen this unit play to their potential. Ballard and Griff are really starting to come into their own. I watch K-dubb real close the last two weeks. Looks like his foot isn't bothering him.

f. QB. Dnabb just can't hit a WR in motion. Sure he gets one or two a game, but for the most part, all of his completions are to receivers that run to a spot and settle and he is missing recievers (not even throwing to them) deep that are wide open. Did it twice that I saw. I bet I missed a couple of others.

+1 my friend

Marrdro
10-11-2011, 11:04 AM
+1 my friend
I hope that everyone who hates on our OL watched a couple of teams OL's this weekend, including the Bores.

That OL sucks. Ours, although it has issues, is far from sucking.

Johnson14
10-11-2011, 11:08 AM
I hope that everyone who hates on our OL watched a couple of teams OL's this weekend, including the Bores.

No kidding, that line is horrible and the reason why Nutler keeps getting killed week-in week-out.

jmcdon00
10-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Great game for the Vikings.

Was watching Fitzgerald most of the game and he was doubled every play in the first half, even obvious run situations. Smart game plan, IMHO.

The score was 14-0 before McNabb completed a pass. I didn't really see any improvement in McNabb's game. He makes good decisions, but just can't throw accurately.

Peterson was a beast in the first quarter, but once again disapears in the second half. Could be a result of the non-existant pass game, but it's still troubling. In the second half this year peterson is 50carries, 138yds, 2.8ypc 0TD 6 first downs. I don't care if there are 12men in the box, peterson is capable of more.

Pretty sure we didn't commit a penalty in the first half. Ended the game with 5-35, which is great, but the cards only had 6 penalties so I wonder how much of a role the officials had in that. Anyone know what crew was working and what there history is? Still a great sign for this coaching staff.

Marrdro
10-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Pretty sure we didn't commit a penalty in the first half. Ended the game with 5-35, which is great, but the cards only had 6 penalties so I wonder how much of a role the officials had in that. Anyone know what crew was working and what there history is? Still a great sign for this coaching staff.
I'm not sure of his name but I know he has been around a few years.

Only remember getting upset over 2 penalties, one on Load and one on Guion.

i_bleed_purple
10-11-2011, 08:14 PM

So since teams have worse OL' than us means ours somehow doesn't suck?

know the saying "if you ain't first, you're last"?

It's the opposite with you, If you're not the worst, then you're "Pretty damn good"

Freakout
10-11-2011, 08:37 PM

It's the opposite with you, If you're not the worst, then you're "Pretty damn good"

Funny isn't it? Stats and experts be damned!

Freakout
10-11-2011, 09:05 PM

We were playing the Cardinals.......

singersp
10-11-2011, 09:07 PM

No, it means either ours sux less, our turds have corn in it or Wilf sprung for a better turd polisher.

CbusVikefan
10-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Woooohooooooooooo! We have a win and are no longer in the Suck for Luck sweepstakes. lol. We were never in it really, Indy/Miami will probably battle it out. As bad as McNabb is, their situation is worse than ours. I would like to still see Ponder sometime this season, just in case the win this week is one of only a few or just one. lol. AP stock is still rising, buy buy buy!!!!

Dfoster
10-11-2011, 09:36 PM

MY LINE still sucks, and it is the best one in our division, BY FAR. I got some injuries and some solutions, but the fact is, IT SUCKS. Stop blaming McNabb so much if your line sucks so much- It just DOES. I have no agenda, here, I'm just tellin' ya. I give credit where it is due on your team, but it DAMN SURE ISN'T DESERVED ON THAT LINE.

McNabb needs some protection to excel these days. Stop pulling stats out the ass and recognize some simple facts. Philly's line really sucked, Foreskins line really sucked, and your line really sucks. Are you SO SURE it's McNabb? I'm not.

That SOB can beat people with a little time...maybe he has "shell shock" from trying to play behind porous offensive lines for at least the past 3 years, who knows? The man has proven he can play at an extraordinarily high level in the past, and he isn't old, by Viking QB standards (lol- plane arrives, Brett in it, Minnesota goes all O.J. watchin'- example)

They SUCK! (Your offensive line) They just do. Maybe they are good at fooling you by being (ostensibly) effective run-blockers against bad teams when you are punching the hole with the best running back in the game-

Protect the QB, imo

i_bleed_purple
10-11-2011, 10:16 PM
MY LINE still sucks, and it is the best one in our division, BY FAR. I got some injuries and some solutions, but the fact is, IT SUCKS. Stop blaming McNabb so much if your line sucks so much- It just DOES. I have no agenda, here, I'm just tellin' ya. I give credit where it is due on your team, but it DAMN SURE ISN'T DESERVED ON THAT LINE.

McNabb needs some protection to excel these days. Stop pulling stats out the ass and recognize some simple facts. Philly's line really sucked, Foreskins line really sucked, and your line really sucks. Are you SO SURE it's McNabb? I'm not.

That SOB can beat people with a little time...maybe he has "shell shock" from trying to play behind porous offensive lines for at least the past 3 years, who knows? The man has proven he can play at an extraordinarily high level in the past, and he isn't old, by Viking QB standards (lol- plane arrives, Brett in it, Minnesota goes all O.J. watchin'- example)

They SUCK! (Your offensive line) They just do. Maybe they are good at fooling you by being (ostensibly) effective run-blockers against bad teams when you are punching the hole with the best running back in the game-

Protect the QB, imo

A sad day indeed when I find myself agreeing with a Packer fan.

jargomcfargo
10-11-2011, 10:32 PM
That SOB can beat people with a little time...maybe he has "shell shock" from trying to play behind porous offensive lines for at least the past 3 years, who knows? The man has proven he can play at an extraordinarily high level in the past, and he isn't old, by Viking QB standards

That's what Vikings fans thought before the season started as well.
You are right about the Vikings line but McNabb can't consistantly hit a wide open receiver even when he has plenty of time to throw.

Line sucks, yes. But so does McNabb. I have serious doubts you've even seen him play this year.