PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson is a God (Gameday Thread)

12purplepride28
10-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Right now we are up 28-0 and AP has 3 TDs. What a monster. On pace for 12 TDs this game. I won't post too much, but will check in once in awhile, please discuss the game. Live Chat isn't working for me.

12purplepride28
10-09-2011, 12:49 PM
Just remembered this is Ryan D'imperio's first game this year. I'll wait for Marrdro to let me know if he actually affected the runs because I don't remember.

12purplepride28
10-09-2011, 12:56 PM
3 and out, missed handoff, just punted. Looking like a good game.

Purple Floyd
10-09-2011, 01:07 PM
:punch:

12purplepride28
10-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Feel like we're getting comfortable with our lead. Would love to get a score because I just don't feel comfortable with this lead.

12purplepride28
10-09-2011, 01:34 PM
I'm pissed we ran the clock out. Not smart coaching. I don't like Frazier. Can we just get an aggressive coach for once in our life?

battleaxe4cheese
10-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Hopefully a collapse of monster proportions is not coming in the second half.

12purplepride28
10-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Hopefully a collapse of monster proportions is not coming in the second half.

Don't hold your breath.

12purplepride28
10-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Jenkins fumbles.... So this is where it all begins.

12purplepride28
10-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Ugly pass from Mcnabb leads to a 60 yd gain from Aromashadu. On the 18.

12purplepride28
10-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Brian Robison with the sack and 75 poked Jared in the eye like a fag. GET OUT OF HIS FACE

12purplepride28
10-09-2011, 02:31 PM
Longwell misses it. FML. Would've been his 17th consecutive FG, beating his career record. Lame.

Traveling_Vike
10-09-2011, 03:23 PM
For a change we stuck with Peterson in the second half and ran the time off the clock like we are supposed to. Still not particularly impressive, only two long drives and 6 points, but the defense held up and did their jobs.

More comments in the other thread.

Braddock
10-09-2011, 03:27 PM
It's funny to read these posts, and the feeling of impending despair. Us Vikings fans are really bad, aren't we?

Reignman
10-09-2011, 05:55 PM
It's funny to read these posts, and the feeling of impending despair. Us Vikings fans are really bad, aren't we?Haha I think it's a more a sign of how disappointing the Vikings have been over the years. We're used to seeing them fail, choke, under perform, let us down, and break our hearts. That's the norm around here and a common result.

If you flipped the script and say we had won some superbowls, had a history of comebacks instead of chokes, beat the teams we should've beat, and had a good coach or QB, I dare say we'd have some more optimistic and even cocky fans like a few other teams out there. But nope, we have that other kind of franchise. The one that's snake bit lol. If another decade or 2 go by without a title we'll have to start talking about curses and we'll become indistinguishable from Cub fans and Red Sox (before they finally won).

skum
10-09-2011, 06:09 PM
Im just pointing out that McNabb didnt have a good game and we didnt win because what he did and that this win shouldnt be a difference maker in the QB debate, because he didnt win this game for us, the defence, Sherels and Adrian did.

singersp
10-09-2011, 06:49 PM
For a change we stuck with Peterson in the second half and ran the time off the clock like we are supposed to. Still not particularly impressive, only two long drives and 6 points, but the defense held up and did their jobs.

More comments in the other thread.

If the offense did what they were supposed to do in the second half the score should have been much higher.

In the last 3 quarters of play, they could only put up 6 points, while blowing 5 other drives.

singersp
10-10-2011, 07:38 AM
Adrian Peterson is a God

Perhaps in the 1st half.

In the 2nd half he's a mere mortal.

Marrdro
10-10-2011, 08:15 AM
Just remembered this is Ryan D'imperio's first game this year. I'll wait for Marrdro to let me know if he actually affected the runs because I don't remember.
Why are you worried about my opinion? Its Musgrove who said he doesn't need a FB on the roster.

Aside from that, what I saw him do was nothing. I saw Herrera and Sully pulling their asses off, opening holes along with Sauce but didn't chart anything for him except that he was running a nice under route to the catch by Orosh.

Marrdro
10-10-2011, 08:17 AM
Ugly pass from Mcnabb leads to a 60 yd gain from Aromashadu. On the 18.
Sure was a wobbler wasn't it.

Marrdro
10-10-2011, 08:18 AM
Longwell misses it. FML. Would've been his 17th consecutive FG, beating his career record. Lame.
My son in law said that he missed it cause he wore his leg out kicking two touch backs. The guy is crap and needs to be replaced next year.

singersp
10-10-2011, 08:42 AM
Sure was a wobbler wasn't it.

I'll take a 60 yard wobbler from McNabb to Aromashodu any day over a 60 yard dropped bullet from McNabb to Berrian any day of the week.

12purplepride28
10-10-2011, 09:06 AM
Why are you worried about my opinion? Its Musgrove who said he doesn't need a FB on the roster.

Aside from that, what I saw him do was nothing. I saw Herrera and Sully pulling their asses off, opening holes along with Sauce but didn't chart anything for him except that he was running a nice under route to the catch by Orosh.

No, it's not your opinion that I'm concerned with. I could go ask a homeless guy his opinion on the game and get about the same value :rofl:

But I do know that you have it charted somewhere deep in your game notes whether D'imperio made an impact on those plays because I wasn't paying attention to anyone except AP.

12purplepride28
10-10-2011, 09:07 AM
My son in law said that he missed it cause he wore his leg out kicking two touch backs. The guy is crap and needs to be replaced next year.

Gonna disagree with you there. He's been one of the most consistent kickers in the league the past few years combined and there isn't a kicker in the league I would rather have with the game on the line.

Marrdro
10-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Gonna disagree with you there. He's been one of the most consistent kickers in the league the past few years combined and there isn't a kicker in the league I would rather have with the game on the line.
Past is past, present is present. I think you need to go visit the stats page. There are just as many Kickers out there right now not missing FG's and still getting TB's.

In the end, was he a good FG kicker? YES. I have always said that is what makes him tolerable, but he has started to miss every once in awhile. When that starts happening its time to move on cause he will eventually do it when we need him.

Purple Floyd
10-10-2011, 09:15 AM

My son said he just hit it wrong and is still one of the most accurate kickers in the league- You can debate me all day long buy I must warn you that my son will not be messed with. :punch::rofl:

Marrdro
10-10-2011, 09:37 AM
My son said he just hit it wrong and is still one of the most accurate kickers in the league- You can debate me all day long buy I must warn you that my son will not be messed with. :punch::rofl:
I don't tussle with sons. LOL

Aside from that, 13th isn't one of the most reliable my friend.

2011 NFL Team Kicking Stats - National Football League - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/kicking/sort/fieldGoalPct)

Purple Floyd
10-10-2011, 09:41 AM

2011 NFL Team Kicking Stats - National Football League - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/kicking/sort/fieldGoalPct)

But i guess it is if you are talking OL though right?

:flame:

12purplepride28
10-10-2011, 09:44 AM

He just missed one. He has missed 2 in the past two years. Everyone misses FGs once in awhile, and until the misses become a recurring problem I will oppose you on this issue.

Marrdro
10-10-2011, 09:44 AM
But i guess it is if you are talking OL though right?

:flame:
No way, as I said repeatedly, 13th is above average at best for OL.......

Marrdro
10-10-2011, 09:47 AM
He just missed one. He has missed 2 in the past two years. Everyone misses FGs once in awhile, and until the misses become a recurring problem I will oppose you on this issue.
Oppose? LOL. I missed you my friend.

He missed two this year. One in pre-season and one when it counts. That is not like ole reliable shortwell and with most kickers, that is how it starts.

Look, I think he will be fine for the rest of the season, but next year it will be time to move on, thats all I'm saying.

On a side note, I did give him props for 2 TB's.:o

Purple Floyd
10-10-2011, 09:52 AM
No way, as I said repeatedly, 13th is above average at best for OL.......

Not the point.

Longwell is ranked higher in his position than the OL is in theirs and yet you want him gone but you are giving them praise. Double standards my friend.

12purplepride28
10-10-2011, 09:53 AM
Oppose? LOL. I missed you my friend.

He missed two this year. One in pre-season and one when it counts. That is not like ole reliable shortwell and with most kickers, that is how it starts.

Look, I think he will be fine for the rest of the season, but next year it will be time to move on, thats all I'm saying.

On a side note, I did give him props for 2 TB's.:o

Yes, oppose. Vehemently oppose you with all my soul. :chickenfightsmall: like Peter vs the Chicken. I agree his leg is going down but I'm perfectly fine with him a couple more years.

And Tarvaris Jackson threw 2 picks to 1 TD with a 61 QB rating in the preseason, your point?