PDA

View Full Version : Firing Up Frazier

Mr Anderson
10-04-2011, 12:26 AM
Sure it's great to have a calming influence in the locker room in times of potential panic. But what do we need when we just want our guys to go out and knock someone out, to play with fire and energy. When we want the team to go out and have fun just playing football. Some guys bring this themselves(see: Jared Allen,) but what about the ones who don't?

We don't need this every 30 seconds:
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/resources/2008/02/tomcoughlin-thumb.jpeg

But this ain't gonna cut it every second of every game:
http://www.grandforksherald.com/media/full/jpg/2011/01/03/leslie-frazier-hired-as-vikes-coach.jpg

So, what can be done to fire up Frazier? The more ridiculous the better. We haven't had a fun thread like The Peterson/Chuck Norris facts in a while, so throw some crazy ideas out there.

Personally I think one of the best methods would be for ownership to lock Frazier in the facilities and get him hooked on meth, keep him happy all week and let the team prepare. But come Friday night, no more ice for Les. On Saturday you tell him, the only way you get your fix is to win tomorrow. You better believe he'll do anything to win that game.

singersp
10-04-2011, 05:48 AM
Sure it's great to have a calming influence in the locker room in times of potential panic. But what do we need when we just want our guys to go out and knock someone out, to play with fire and energy. When we want the team to go out and have fun just playing football.

So what you're saying is "this ain't gonna cut it every second of every game":

http://www.vikingsmania.com/MinnesotaVikingsPhotoGallery/Coaches/budgrant.jpg

ConnecticutViking
10-04-2011, 06:29 AM
Fans all want a coach that gets fired up, but in reality, that is overated. For every good coach that has fire, there are 10 coaches that are not successful. Personally, I think personality and coaching style is overated. It's x's and o's, knowledge of the game, leadership, able to evaluate talent, surrounding yourself with good people, clock management, etc.

Purple Floyd
10-04-2011, 06:43 AM
While Frazier is not a volatile personality I am not sure that play would change if he did. I would like to see some guys on offense brig the fire and even the OC could do it if needed.

What they really lack is discipline and focus late in the game and that comes from good coaching and knowing their jobs.

battleaxe4cheese
10-04-2011, 08:18 AM
Bill Belichik rarely gets fired up and he's one of the best coaches in history. Demeanor means nothing, it just makes it easier on the fans-so they can vent their frustrations through their teams coach.

i_bleed_purple
10-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Fans all want a coach that gets fired up, but in reality, that is overated. For every good coach that has fire, there are 10 coaches that are not successful.

You could say that about literally every trait a coach could have. For every coach who's calm, there are 10 who are not successful. For every successful coach who wears a hat, there are 10 who are not successful.

i_bleed_purple
10-04-2011, 09:49 AM
Bill Belichik rarely gets fired up and he's one of the best coaches in history. Demeanor means nothing, it just makes it easier on the fans-so they can vent their frustrations through their teams coach.

but the point is he does at times. He's not an overly loud or outspoken guy, but in the right situation he'll be there yelling at the players to get them going.

Mr Anderson
10-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Alright, way to suck the fun out of everything.

Zeus
10-04-2011, 10:14 AM
So, what can be done to fire up Frazier? The more ridiculous the better. We haven't had a fun thread like The Peterson/Chuck Norris facts in a while, so throw some crazy ideas out there.

Lock him in a room with Marrdro, Caine, CMacD and Singer.

=Z=

Purple Floyd
10-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Alright, way to suck the fun out of everything.

OK

Then how about trying this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/denjahn/cattle-prod-1.jpg

El Vikingo
10-04-2011, 10:47 AM
replace one of that training bicycles they have on the side lines for this model,and force to ride for 5 minutes full speed to every player who has missed a tackle ,drop a ball or miss a receiver etc

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/9629/bike1103tn.jpg

In Bernard Berrianīs case penalty would be,every time dropping a ball,NOT letting him to ride this bike

Purple Floyd
10-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Maybe you could send them your spare for a tryout. If it works they may even buy it from you.

El Vikingo
10-04-2011, 10:54 AM
Maybe you could send them your spare for a tryout. If it works they may even buy it from you.

Dont supposse every menīs anus is a two way street ,like yours.

tastywaves
10-04-2011, 10:56 AM
OK

Then how about trying this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/denjahn/cattle-prod-1.jpg

Not a bad idea. But don't just limit it to Frazier. Any coach or player should be zapped whenever they screw up. OL jumps the snap, take him out and give him the prod. Receiver drops a pass, prod him. McNabb throws a worm burner, zap him...this guy will be foaming at the mouth quickly.

The safety takes a bad angle or fails to get over in coverage....zap the shit out of him. Missed tackle, LB'er breaking down in coverage, penalty.... zap, zap, zap. Lose the game....zap them all, players and coaches. Throw the FO in the mix as well, there as big a part of it as anyone.

Then seek out the fans who find anything positive in a loss and zap them as well.

I think this might work. PF, I'll make sure and give you the credit.

El Vikingo
10-04-2011, 11:11 AM
To make Mcnabb plays "Gomer Pyle" role every morning ,till he has a decent weight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUSDg7NSODw

Traveling_Vike
10-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Zapping them might work, but the prod isn't the way to go, Guys can run away from that. Put the shocking dog collars on everyone, instead. Remote control zappage.

Just don't give the controls to the fans.

Purple Floyd
10-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Zapping them might work, but the prod isn't the way to go, Guys can run away from that. Put the shocking dog collars on everyone, instead. Remote control zappage.

Just don't give the controls to the fans.

Well, a least put one on Mike Vick and give everyone a controller.

jargomcfargo
10-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Have the trainer give the players a habenero suppository at halftime. Might at least get a smile on Leslie's face.

battleaxe4cheese
10-04-2011, 03:28 PM
I am wondering what Leslie will look like when we go into the bye week 0-7. Maybe something like this:

Mr Anderson
10-04-2011, 03:33 PM
I am wondering what Leslie will look like when we go into the bye week 0-7. Maybe something like this:

Attachment doesn't work.

Purple Floyd
10-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Just imagine and old man with a white beard and a black t-shirt with his eyes closed and his hands folded in front of him in prayer.

Pretty good analogy actually.

CbusVikefan
10-04-2011, 05:59 PM
You could take Chucky-isms and play them over and over while Frazier sleeps.

Gift2
10-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Oh, I'm sorry. I thought this was the "Fire Frazier" meeting.

josdin00
10-05-2011, 09:32 AM
Tell Singletary that his role on gameday is just to stare at Frazier during the second half.

i_bleed_purple
10-05-2011, 09:34 AM
Oh, I'm sorry. I thought this was the "Fire Frazier" meeting.

haha, love the sig

Freya
10-05-2011, 09:58 AM
have the trainer give the players a habenero suppository at halftime. Might at least get a smile on leslie's face.

lol!

singersp
10-06-2011, 07:26 AM
I am wondering what Leslie will look like when we go into the bye week 0-7.

Since we don't have a bye until week 9, I'm guessing he'll look a little confused, like us, wondering where that 8th game went.