PDA

View Full Version : Want to know who is responsible for this?

Gift2
10-02-2011, 04:06 PM
You are. I speaking of course to those who demanded the head of the coach that won us 2 division championships & a trip to the NFC championship. Remember when were were relevant? Maybe firing a winning coach after one bad year isn't how you win championships.

This is what you wanted, this is what your getting.

mrhurriicane
10-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Coaches don't play. Players do.

Caine
10-02-2011, 04:16 PM
You are. I speaking of course to those who demanded the head of the coach that won us 2 division championships & a trip to the NFC championship. Remember when were were relevant? Maybe firing a winning coach after one bad year isn't how you win championships.

Would that be the same coach that left us with this lovely Offensive line? With this phenominal QB situation? With the fantastic Receiver corps we have? THAT coach?

Firing Chiller was a step in the right direction....trouble is, Wilf hired from Chiller staff. Instead of seeking a seasoned HC, Wilf chose to hire Frazier and keep pretending he (Wilf) is a "football guy".

If you seriously believe that Chiller was going to right the wrongs of '10, then you seriously need to take a hard look at the "progress" this team has made since the firing of Denny Green.

Who is REALLY responsible for this? Zygi Wilf.

Caine

MulletMullitia
10-02-2011, 04:27 PM

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/8387/batmanlol.jpg

Purple Floyd
10-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Wilf is responsible. He is the one who hired Childress without even talking to a single other person and then gave him nearly unilateral control of the roster. Then, after the team was left in shambles and the lesson was there to learn from he once again failed to hire a GM and instead hired from within without having a legitimate search for the next coach.

I am getting the feeling he is trying to get the fans so pissed at the team that they don't care when he packs up and moves to Beverly. Hills that is. Swimming pools, movie stars.

MulletMullitia
10-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Jesus Christ! Enough with that garbage. How can you blame this on a passionate owner who has spent more than almost any other owner on his team? He's not a football guy, and never claimed to be. He even offered up 400 MILLION DOLLARS of his OWN MONEY for the new stadium. It's the state of Minnesota that's to blame for that fiasco. It's embarrassing. Would you guys rather have Red McCombs back? Give me a break. This is the stupidest argument I've ever heard. You both should be ashamed of yourselves. Without Zygi, this team would be in LA already.

Purple Floyd
10-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Jesus Christ! Enough with that garbage. How can you blame this on a passionate owner who has spent more than almost any other owner on his team?

I have a feeling you will probably answer that one yourself.

He's not a football guy, and never claimed to be.
Yep. You just did. He is not a football guy and yet he failed to hire a real GM to run the team and instead stuck his brother, who also isn't a football guy, in a position where experience and knowledge of running a team are paramount to success.

He even offered up 400 MILLION DOLLARS of his OWN MONEY for the new stadium. It's the state of Minnesota that's to blame for that fiasco.
Yep, he finally did that and I commend him for that contribution. However, the state is hard to blame when the team signed a 30 year lease when the entered into an agreement for the one they play in now so where was the incentive for the state to do anything for the first 10 years of the battle. Once it got time we hit the worst depression since the great one and the state is in a huge deficit. Not really a good timing for the team or the state .

It's embarrassing. Would you guys rather have Red McCombs back? Give me a break.

Actually Red was looked on as a pretty good owner too until he decided to gut the team and we might get there yet with Wilf. But go back and look at what Red put together with the 98 team and the talent he assembled before he lost his give a shit and he was looking pretty good.

This is the stupidest argument I've ever heard.

Seriously? I can think of a worse one by a guy who actually thought McChunky would get us to the playoffs. :think:

Y
ou both should be ashamed of yourselves. Without Zygi, this team would be in LA already.

Child please.

Caine
10-02-2011, 06:05 PM
Here I was, all set to tee-off on that response, when I realized that Floyd handled it beautifully. Nicely done.

Caine

vikings_fan66
10-02-2011, 06:26 PM
Brett Favre.

singersp
10-02-2011, 06:36 PM
Here I was, all set to tee-off on that response, when I realized that Floyd handled it beautifully. Nicely done.

Caine

With 1 exception.

Red didn't put together the 1998 team.... he bought it.

The 1998 draft & Free Agency periods already happened before he bought it on July 3rd of 1998.

It just took him awhile after that to ruin it with his penny-pinching.

I hate to see people give him credit for the 1998 season when it isn't due.

McCombs Buys Vikings (http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/washingtonpost/access/30954465.html?dids=30954465:30954465&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT&type=current&date=Jul+03%2C+1998&author=&pub=The+Washington+Post&desc=McCombs+Buys+Vikings&pqatl=google)

MulletMullitia
10-02-2011, 06:37 PM

Caine

More beautiful commentary from the PP.O Pessimist. Let's hear some more! Every single one of your 4,601 posts have been completely negative and depressing. Keep blaming this shitshow on the one man actually doing anything to right the ship.

MulletMullitia
10-02-2011, 06:41 PM
With 1 exception.

Red didn't put together the 1998 team.... he bought it.

The 1998 draft & Free Agency periods already happened before he bought it in July of 1998.

It just took him awhile after that to ruin it with his penny-pinching.

Thank you! Red was cheap and unmotivated. Zygi is passionate and spends every dollar he has on this team. Brad Childress was a rookie mistake, and I forgive him for that. Other than that hire, he has done a great job as an owner. I stand by him 100%. Blaming him for these struggles is completely ignorant.

kramer9guy
10-02-2011, 06:46 PM
#HireChildress

Purple Floyd
10-02-2011, 07:01 PM
Thank you! Red was cheap and unmotivated. Zygi is passionate and spends every dollar he has on this team. Brad Childress was a rookie mistake, and I forgive him for that. Other than that hire, he has done a great job as an owner. I stand by him 100%. Blaming him for these struggles is completely ignorant.

Just prior to the start of training camp in July, Vikings owner Red McCombs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_McCombs) signed Moss to an 8-year, $75 million contract extension.[26] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Moss#cite_note-2002NFLpreview-25) The extension included a $10 million signing bonus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signing_bonus) and another $8 million in guarantees.[23] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Moss#cite_note-WorthEveryDime-22) It remains as the largest contract, in terms of total dollar value, ever handed to an NFL wide receiver.

Daunte Culpepper signed a $102 million contract extension with the Minnesota Vikings yesterday, becoming one of the National Football League's highest-paid players. The 10-year deal includes a $16 million signing bonus. Culpepper, a 26-year-old quarterback, had one year left on the deal he signed after the Vikings drafted him with the 11th overall pick out of Central Florida in 1999. The total potential value would be the third highest in N.F.L. history behind the contracts for Philadelphia quarterback Donovan McNabb ($115 million)... How cheap is that?

skum
10-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Spielman is the next one to go.

Purple Floyd
10-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Spielman is the next one to go.

:crazy:

MulletMullitia
10-02-2011, 07:08 PM
How cheap is that?

How much of those contracts did he even have to pay? He traded both of them away...

MulletMullitia
10-02-2011, 07:09 PM
:crazy:

We actually agree on something! Spielman is the true weak link in our organization.

Purple Floyd
10-02-2011, 07:10 PM
How much of those contracts did he even have to pay? He traded both of them away...

At least as much as Wilf has paid for the Greenway and AP contracts. If that is the road we are traveling.

MulletMullitia
10-02-2011, 07:14 PM
At least as much as Wilf has paid for the Greenway and AP contracts. If that is the road we are traveling.

AP deserves every penny. However, that Greenway contract is disgusting. He has been our worst defensive starter all year. 43 million? Yuck!

singersp
10-02-2011, 07:32 PM
How cheap is that?

In MM defense & in yours, he did fork out some cash for Moss & a few others. That $102 million dollar contract Culpepper signed was BS. He only saw & would ever see a mere fraction of that.

The year he signed the contract he got a $10 mil bonus & $1.5M salary. In 2004 & 2005 his salaries were $535,000 & $540,000.

His cheapness really reared it's ugly head when he gave Tice the HC job. Not only did he make him the lowest paid HC, but he didn't allow him [Tice] to spend money on decent qualified coaches to surround himself with. Thus we ended up with "Blue-Light Special" Ted Cottrell as our DC.

When his OC, Scott Linehan left for Miami, Red didn't allow Tice to hire a new OC & told him to make due with what he had.

Tice then had to make Loney pull double duty & be not only the OL coach, but the OC as well.

Make no mistake about it, outside some of the star players salaries, Red was a tightwad.

Purple Floyd
10-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Not as bad as Erin or EJ but he is not an elite LB.

Purple Floyd
10-02-2011, 07:33 PM
AP had less than 80 yards rushing I think.

singersp
10-02-2011, 07:33 PM
AP deserves every penny. However, that Greenway contract is disgusting. He has been our worst defensive starter all year. 43 million? Yuck!

Worse than Tyrell?

Purple Floyd
10-02-2011, 07:42 PM
In MM defense & in yours, he did fork out some cash for Moss & a few others. That $102 million dollar contract Culpepper signed was BS. He only saw & would ever see a mere fraction of that.

The year he signed the contract he got a $10 mil bonus & $1.5M salary. In 2004 & 2005 his salaries were $535,000 & $540,000.

His cheapness really reared it's ugly head when he gave Tice the HC job. Not only did he make him the lowest paid HC, but he didn't allow him [Tice] to spend money on decent qualified coaches to surround himself with. Thus we ended up with "Blue-Light Special" Ted Cottrell as our DC.

When his OC, Scott Linehan left for Miami, Red didn't allow Tice to hire a new OC & told him to make due with what he had.

Tice then had to make Loney pull double duty & be not only the OL coach, but the OC as well.

Make no mistake about it, outside some of the star players salaries, Red was a tightwad.

No rebuttal here. After Red grew tired of the situation and wanted out he went on a fire sale that gutted the team. All I am saying is things started out well and then fell south and until we see how Wilf handles the next few years I am holding off judgement because it just might end up Deja Vu all over again.

singersp
10-02-2011, 07:50 PM
No rebuttal here. After Red grew tired of the situation and wanted out he went on a fire sale that gutted the team. All I am saying is things started out well and then fell south and until we see how Wilf handles the next few years I am holding off judgement because it just might end up Deja Vu all over again.

The odds of Wilf growing tired of it & either selling the team or moving them to LA are about the same as the Viking chances of signing over the hill veteran QB's during Wilf's ownership.

Purple Floyd
10-02-2011, 07:53 PM
The odds of Wilf growing tired of it & either selling the team or moving them to LA are about the same as the Viking chances of signing over the hill veteran QB's during Wilf's ownership.

Sounds right. I include the odds that I said in the pre season of the fans lasting about 4 weeks before giving up on McNabb.

singersp
10-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Sounds right. I include the odds that I said in the pre season of the fans lasting about 4 weeks before giving up on McNabb.

Some fans have been harping the past 4 years to bring McNabb in here. Every offseason since 2007 a new McNabb to MN thread would get started here.

Purple Floyd
10-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Some fans have been harping the past 4 years to bring McNabb in here. Every offseason since 2007 a new McNabb to MN thread would get started here.

Trust me, I know that and when he signed with the Vikings I won a bet I made with my wife 5 years ago that he would play for the Vikings before it was all said and done. I would have rather paid up.

Purple Floyd
10-02-2011, 08:13 PM
I have Peyton Manning on my washed up QB of the future list right now. Not sure how long it will take for him to hit rock bottom but when he does we will be ready for him.

Caine
10-02-2011, 08:18 PM
More beautiful commentary from the PP.O Pessimist. Let's hear some more! Every single one of your 4,601 posts have been completely negative and depressing. Keep blaming this shitshow on the one man actually doing anything to right the ship.

Really? You've read all 4,601 of my posts? I think I've read 4 or 5 of yours.... Anyway, I do so appreciate being mischaracterized by people without a clue about what they're talking about. Thanks for taking the time to fact check your BS before posting a personal attack...

Here's a FACT for you, while Wilf may have pumped some $$ into the system, he hasn't addressed certain areas which are - arguably - fundamnetal to the success of the franchise. First and foremost being hiring a GM to run the show (Versus being a wealthy FAN owner and being a part of the "Triumvirate of power").

Second would have been hiring a proven HC versus hiring yet ANOTHER unproven candidate which allows you (the aforementioned wealthy fan) to maintain a position of control.

Finally, I didn;t like Childress, I didn't like Jackson, I didn't want McNabb, I don't want Wilf calling the shots about football matters, and I'm not thrilled with Frazier. That doesn't make me a pessimist...so far, that makes me RIGHT.

Maybe after another 3,500 posts, you'll figure that out.

Caine

MulletMullitia
10-02-2011, 08:33 PM
Really? You've read all 4,601 of my posts? I think I've read 4 or 5 of yours.... Anyway, I do so appreciate being mischaracterized by people without a clue about what they're talking about. Thanks for taking the time to fact check your BS before posting a personal attack...

Here's a FACT for you, while Wilf may have pumped some $$ into the system, he hasn't addressed certain areas which are - arguably - fundamnetal to the success of the franchise. First and foremost being hiring a GM to run the show (Versus being a wealthy FAN owner and being a part of the "Triumvirate of power").

Second would have been hiring a proven HC versus hiring yet ANOTHER unproven candidate which allows you (the aforementioned wealthy fan) to maintain a position of control.

Finally, I didn;t like Childress, I didn't like Jackson, I didn't want McNabb, I don't want Wilf calling the shots about football matters, and I'm not thrilled with Frazier. That doesn't make me a pessimist...so far, that makes me RIGHT.

Maybe after another 3,500 posts, you'll figure that out.

Caine

LOL! Yeah, post count really equals football knowledge. I think that would make Marty Vince Lombardi. Get out of here with that. I stand by the fact that I've never read a single positive post from you on here. On any topic. Just "know-it-all" blabber and extreme pessimism that is really starting to hurt my eyes. Maybe Zygi should hire you as the GM because you have a high post count. As far as the "Fan owner" BS goes, I'd love to hear your insight on what NFL owners actually have NFL knowledge. Jerry Richardson? He's the only owner that's a former player, and he is one of the worst owners in the entire NFL. Good luck getting a big name coach to come here. It just won't happen. We took a shot with Leslie. I agreed with it at the time, and I still stand behind him. I agree that we need a GM to run the show. That is painfully obvious. Spielman needs to go. So does Mark Wilf. But Zygi is a great owner. I'd take him any day over half of the NFL owners that don't give two shits. How would you like being a Dolphins fan, whose team is owned by a senile cheapskate and 100 C-List celebrities? I for one am proud to have an owner that spends money on the team and does everything he can to make it succeed. Remember, he's new at this. Just like Leslie Frazier is new to head coaching. Give them both some time. Brad Childress left this place in shambles. It's going to take one hell of a rebuilding effort to right this ship.

singersp
10-02-2011, 09:17 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/wilf.jpg

Caine
10-02-2011, 09:28 PM
LOL! Yeah, post count really equals football knowledge. I think that would make Marty Vince Lombardi. Get out of here with that. I stand by the fact that I've never read a single positive post from you on here. On any topic. Just "know-it-all" blabber and extreme pessimism that is really starting to hurt my eyes. Maybe Zygi should hire you as the GM because you have a high post count. As far as the "Fan owner" BS goes, I'd love to hear your insight on what NFL owners actually have NFL knowledge. Jerry Richardson? He's the only owner that's a former player, and he is one of the worst owners in the entire NFL. Good luck getting a big name coach to come here. It just won't happen. We took a shot with Leslie. I agreed with it at the time, and I still stand behind him. I agree that we need a GM to run the show. That is painfully obvious. Spielman needs to go. So does Mark Wilf. But Zygi is a great owner. I'd take him any day over half of the NFL owners that don't give two shits. How would you like being a Dolphins fan, whose team is owned by a senile cheapskate and 100 C-List celebrities? I for one am proud to have an owner that spends money on the team and does everything he can to make it succeed. Remember, he's new at this. Just like Leslie Frazier is new to head coaching. Give them both some time. Brad Childress left this place in shambles. It's going to take one hell of a rebuilding effort to right this ship.
1: You brought up post counts, not me. I just threw it back because you obviously haven't been here long enough to have read "ALL" of my posts, but you didn't hesitate to (mis)characterize me.
2: You're right, we won't get a "Big name" HC here....but ask yourself "Why?". Is it because we can't be successful? No. Is it because we can't pay them? No. So what is it? In my OPINION - and one that is shared by many - it is because our OWNER wants to keep his hands in the mix. Something very FEW owners do...and even fewer do successfully. So, instead of landing a proven commodity at HC, we get new guys....likely because they don't have the football cred to tell the owner to stay in the box.

3: In case you missed it, the "Fan Owner" implies that our owner was a former Giants fan...not a Football "Insider". The further implication is that he is NOT qualified to lead the team...despite OWNING it.

4: As for other owners...don't much care about them, but, like the Dolphins, we were owned by a senile cheapskate...his name was Red McCombs. Maybe you missed that period...

5: You say Childress left us in shambles. I said the same thing about Childress....but that made ME a pessimist. Hmmmm

6: You say, "I agree that we need a GM to run the show. That is painfully obvious. Spielman needs to go. So does Mark Wilf.", which lines up exactly with everything that I have been saying...but then you come back with, "But Zygi is a great owner." Ummmm....if the first part is true, and Zygi controls the first part, then he is NOT a "great" owner, because he has failed to address the FUNDAMENTAL requirements of winning!!! But placing his BROTHER in a position of power within the organization, and by keeping himself within the "Triumverate of Authority", Zygi has demonstrated that he is more interested in playing "Football guy" than in winning. Last I looked, Bob Kraft doesn't involve himself in the day-to-day operations. Neither does Art Rooney. But there are THREE Wilfs in the Viking power structure. Nepotism at it's very worst...

So, tell me, in what way should I be heaping praise upon our team right now? Apparently you missed me defending Favre for two years. You've missed my praise of Peterson, Greenway, Allen, Winfield, Harvin, and Rice (When he deserved it). But we're an 0-4 football team with obvious PROBLEMS. The fact taht I call them out as I see them doesn't make me a pessimist - it makes me a REALIST.

And, unlike many here, I haven't thrown in the towel on this team. I think we can still salvage certain elements of this season...but I don't in any way see us as a contender.

So, again, tell me what I should be jumping for joy about?

Our team is failing on every level right now...and it begins at the top. You might not like to hear it ( or "see it" in this case), but it does. And it doesn't matter how many coats of paint Zygi slaps on the stadium, or how much money he puts up. For as long as he refused to address the FUNDAMENTAL needs of the TEAM, and remove his FAMILY and himself from operational decision making, he remains a part of the problem, and NOT the solution.

Caine

Gift2
10-02-2011, 09:44 PM
wow, blowing more things up will not make things better. At some point we have to leave people in place to do their jobs.

and yes Caine, I do think chilly would have righted this ship & we'd be sitting at 3-1 instead of 0-4. I really do.

Purple Floyd
10-02-2011, 09:45 PM
wow, blowing more things up will not make things better. At some point we have to leave people in place to do their jobs.

and yes Caine, I do think chilly would have righted this ship & we'd be sitting at 3-1 instead of 0-4. I really do.

:rofl::rofl:

Gift2
10-02-2011, 09:46 PM
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/8387/batmanlol.jpg
Don't agree at all, I think it is a very legitimate statement & worthy of more consideration than a silly picture & a childish statement.

Gift2
10-02-2011, 09:48 PM
funny, you mock me but our situation is as bad as it could possible be. I'm not 100% on this but I don't think it is possible to lose MORE games than we play.

singersp
10-02-2011, 09:49 PM
How Will The Minnesota Vikings' Triumvirate Fare?

Frazier does not have the authority over the roster that Childress did. Who exactly does, or if in fact that is now in the hands of the Wilfs, remains unknown.

How Will The Minnesota Vikings' Triumvirate Fare? - Daily Norseman (http://www.dailynorseman.com/2011/3/3/2028819/how-will-the-minnesota-vikings-triumvirate-fare)

singersp
10-02-2011, 09:55 PM
funny, you mock me but our situation is as bad as it could possible be. I'm not 100% on this but I don't think it is possible to lose MORE games than we play.

I didn't think it was possible to blow both a time out & a challenge on the same play & end up being wrong & losing both, but Childress managed to do it.

Gift2
10-02-2011, 09:57 PM
I didn't think it was possible to blow both a time out & a challenge on the same play & end up being wrong & losing both, but Childress managed to do it.haha, he was gifted in some ways

Traveling_Vike
10-03-2011, 12:26 AM
Still the blame game going on, and very little being said about what to do to fix it.

It's easy for all of us to sit back here and say, "We did this this and that wrong, and it's so-and-so's fault." And because there is so much fault to spread around, it's got us fans turning on each other now.

Step back, guys, and take a deep breath. We all want the same thing. I know how frustrated we all are; I feel it too, believe me. But that's no excuse for the infighting.

MM, I like your posts and analysis most of the time, and I agree with a lot of what you have to say, but you're off base on Caine. Not that he needs my support, but you don't give him enough credit. Caine and I have argued on many points, and disagree on a lot of stuff, but he always backs up his points and is usually pretty thorough about it. He does tend to see things a bit darkly at times, but he's hardly the worst around here in that respect. His back-and-forths with Marrdro are legendary. But he certainly has given credit where it was due.

And then there is Floyd, who is well known for his tongue-in-cheek attitude. It's part of his character, and won't likely change. It may seem disrespectful on the surface, but most of the time he doesn't really mean to hurt, he just won't let things slide if he disagrees.

In the end, though, like I said above, we all want the same thing: success for our Vikings. What that will require can stand some debate. Just try to keep it civil and respectful, please. If you feel slighted, take it to PMs or something, rather than these threads. Thick skin is required for a Vikings fan.

As far as the topic at hand is concerned, I also support the "Hire a real GM" idea, although that is difficult to do in mid-season. I'd also like to hear some ideas as to who you'd suggest for the job. I have very few thoughts on this as yet.

Zygi Wilf as owner brings enthusiasm and desire, but lacks experience. He's the kind of guy who needs to make his own mistakes in order to learn from them. I hope that he will, but have not seen much evidence of it so far. I'm still willing to ride out his tenure, however. He's done enough good to balance out much of the bad. The nepotism factor does concern me a bit.

One last thing... for those who keep screaming that the season is over and there is nothing left to play for except a high draft pick. How many of you (aside from Marty) actually thought we were a playoff caliber team coming in? Not hoped, but actually BELIEVED we would be?

Come on, folks, this season was over before it even started, if that's all you were concerned about. For me and my modest expectations, there are still thirteen more weeks to enjoy and/or agonize over. I still hope for and root for every game to be a victory, and I still BELIEVE that we will get better. Just not that good.

I'll leave the specifics of this past game for the proper thread. For those of you still with me, thanks for your patience. I know I tend to preach a little at times, but I just hate to see us turning on each other over what is, in the end, just a game.

MulletMullitia
10-03-2011, 12:50 AM
I really need to stay off of this site after a loss. For at least a day. I get emotionally charged and confrontational. It's nothing personal to anyone on here. So I'm sorry Caine if I offended you. I shouldn't have judged you. I tend to be a realist myself. But when it comes to the Vikings, I always see things through my purple tinted sunglasses. I really try to stay optimistic, but it's not easy. Not for a die-hard Vikings and Cubs fan. Constant heartbreak every single year. We are all on the same team here. I've given up on this season, but I'm not quite ready to give up on Leslie Frazier. Let's see how he can handle this mess. I am obviously not impressed, but I'm not ready to call for his head yet. The only one that has had a sample size big enough to completely judge is Rick Spielman, who obviously needs to go. But I'm afraid that won't happen. Once again, sorry for my judgements. I don't take these losses well. For that, I apologize. This happened last week with Marty. I should have learned from my mistakes and stayed away from here after a loss. So from now on, I will take at least 24 hours to cool down after all the lost games before I come discuss them with you guys.

Purple Floyd
10-03-2011, 07:17 AM
I really need to stay off of this site after a loss. For at least a day. I get emotionally charged and confrontational. It's nothing personal to anyone on here. So I'm sorry Caine if I offended you. I shouldn't have judged you. I tend to be a realist myself. But when it comes to the Vikings, I always see things through my purple tinted sunglasses. I really try to stay optimistic, but it's not easy. Not for a die-hard Vikings and Cubs fan. Constant heartbreak every single year. We are all on the same team here. I've given up on this season, but I'm not quite ready to give up on Leslie Frazier. Let's see how he can handle this mess. I am obviously not impressed, but I'm not ready to call for his head yet. The only one that has had a sample size big enough to completely judge is Rick Spielman, who obviously needs to go. But I'm afraid that won't happen. Once again, sorry for my judgements. I don't take these losses well. For that, I apologize. This happened last week with Marty. I should have learned from my mistakes and stayed away from here after a loss. So from now on, I will take at least 24 hours to cool down after all the lost games before I come discuss them with you guys.

There is really no need to stay away, just remember that there are many different perspectives from us fans and they can change through the years one way or the other.

I can still remember when I was in my early 20's living in Northern Wisconsin back in the 80's. At that time we were about a decade removed from our last SB and I had all of the faith that we would be back there very soon. At the bars ( Yes, debating Packer fans on their own turf with alcohol involved is always a learning process lol) I would proudly proclaim that the Packers may have won the 1st 2 SB's but we had been to 4 since that time and the Packers were so down on talent they were like 4-12 so I figured there was no way they get back to the SB before the Vikings.....Then the '87, '98, '00 and '10 NFCCG losses happened while GB went to 3 and won 2 and is poised for yet another.

At any rate a quarter of a century has changed things a bit as far as my perspective goes and I am really no longer willing to settle for a playoff run or the next great old washed up QB hope. So excuse me if I seem a bit hard on the team but really if the organization cares enough about winning then nobody will be as hard on them as they will be on themselves. And until they finally put it together and win one none of this goes away. Only the team can change that.

Just remember, we all live and die for the team and there is no need to call someone else out for the way they deal with losses because as you are discovering we all do it in different ways.

Purple Floyd
10-03-2011, 07:24 AM
And then there is Floyd, who is well known for his tongue-in-cheek attitude. It's part of his character, and won't likely change. It may seem disrespectful on the surface, but most of the time he doesn't really mean to hurt, he just won't let things slide if he disagrees.

Not sure what you are getting at but I am never disrespectful to anyone unless they go that way first. I do have my opinion and since this is a fan site I state things the way I feel they are. If that chaps a hide or two then so be it. I think though if you look back at my positions they are generally supported in the end.

Zeus
10-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Not sure what you are getting at but I am never disrespectful to anyone unless they go that way first. I do have my opinion and since this is a fan site I state things the way I feel they are. If that chaps a hide or two then so be it. I think though if you look back at my positions they are generally supported in the end.

Ego is a horrible thing to waste.

And, basically, since every team fails eventually, if you keep on being negative, then, eventually, you'll be right.

=Z=

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
10-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Relax.
There are way more important things in the world

Keep it all in perspective.

Purple Floyd
10-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Ego is a horrible thing to waste.

And, basically, since every team fails eventually, if you keep on being negative, then, eventually, you'll be right.

=Z=Lmao

Thanks z lol