Purple Floyd
10-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Have at it.:mad:

CaptainKirk
10-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Can't! Puked all over my keyboard!

Braddock
10-02-2011, 03:04 PM
Truly embarrassed to be a Vikings fan today...

thorshammer
10-02-2011, 03:05 PM
McNabb sucks. Thought the rest of team played well enough to win. McNabb interception, throws at feet, throws out of bounds, throws behind receivers ..... I thought McNabb would get it together but at this point I've given up on him. No more McNabb.

Braddock
10-02-2011, 03:08 PM
McNabb sucks. Thought the rest of team played well enough to win. McNabb interception, throws at feet, throws out of bounds, throws behind receivers ..... I thought McNabb would get it together but at this point I've given up on him. No more McNabb.

I would be ok with that. Bring on Ponder. playoffs are gone, especially with Detroit and GB looking so good. Let's get some value from this season.

Purple Floyd
10-02-2011, 03:10 PM
I actually thought, just as I predicted, that McNabb had his best game so far with the team. That being said it isn't enough to beat one of the worst teams in the league.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/27/week-three-power-rankings-2/

27. Seahawks (No. 29; 1-2): The worst team to ever make the playoffs ó the 2010 Seahawks ó could have some competition this year.
28. Vikings (No. 28; 0-3): The Vikings never blew a 20-point halftime lead under Brad Childress, in large part because under Brad Childress the Vikings rarely led by 20 at halftime. Or at any other time.
29. Colts (No. 30; 0-3): Jim Irsay has a better chance of playing quarterback for the Colts this year than Peyton Manning (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/27/week-three-power-rankings-2/).
30. Rams (No. 26; 0-3): If they canít beat the Redskins with Washington is coming off a short week, the Rams may not win a game until November.
31. Dolphins (No. 31; 0-3): At least the Dolphins are playing as well on the road as they play at home.
32. Chiefs (No. 32; 0-3): When losing by only three points is cause for celebration, the season is a lost cause.

My guess is they are at or closer to the bottom of the power rankings next week.

Purple Mk1
10-02-2011, 03:11 PM
The Vikings just need to get 9 foot tall receivers with a 5 foot vertical jump and McNabb "might" be able to complete a few passes down field when it counts.

At 0-4 its time for McNabb to take a seat and see what the team has in Ponder and Webb going forward.

Purple Floyd
10-02-2011, 03:14 PM
At least we trailed at the half this week if that is any consolation.

Freakout
10-02-2011, 03:16 PM
Two weeks in a row Griffin gets burned.

McNabb sucks.

O-line blows.

The team sucks yadda yadda.....

Time to play Ponder. The season is already over. Only thing left is to get our young guys some experience.

2beersTommy
10-02-2011, 03:25 PM
welcome to life as a viking fan...but, life goes on!

NeoVikesTX
10-02-2011, 03:27 PM
This team is all sorts of bad on so many different levels.

Bright spots: Peterson, Allen, Winfield, Jenkins, Kluwe, Longwell

Horrible: McNabb, Loadholt, Berrian, Griffin, Gerhart, Coaching, etc, etc

My top 10 draft pick prediction just became a top 5 draft pick prediction.

Purple Floyd
10-02-2011, 03:28 PM
At least Detroit always sucks...........

LaBonBon
10-02-2011, 03:28 PM
The last time I posted here was in response to the signing of McNabb. At the time I expressed my displeasure and predicted a lost season, for which I was roundly criticized. Told ya' so, boys!

:haha:

singersp
10-02-2011, 03:33 PM
At least Detroit always sucks...........

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/lions.jpg

Except Detroit is 4-0

marshallvike
10-02-2011, 03:35 PM
welcome to life as a viking fan...but, life goes on!

Life as a viking fan has historically meant our frustration comes in the playoffs.

rednorsk
10-02-2011, 03:38 PM
We now have the worst team in the NFL.

They should make each player turn in a paper by tomorrow morning saying what they did wrong ion the game. They should also reort which , if any, coaches should be fired before noon.:mad:

ThorSPL
10-02-2011, 03:43 PM

They should make each player turn in a paper by tomorrow morning saying what they did wrong ion the game. They should also reort which , if any, coaches should be fired before noon.:mad:

Do you know how many trees that would kill?
Things need to change with our team. NOW.

Change the QB because he does nothing for us and I'd rather see what our younger players can do. I'm not not sold that we aren't in need of shaking up the coaching positions... UNinspired football to say the least.

MaxVike
10-02-2011, 03:57 PM
I am quite thankful that I am in Venice, Italy...and was subjected to the Red Zone Channel and LiveCast on ESPN. Very happy I didn't witness that Pillow Fight between two really shitty Teams...

In the immortal words of Vince Lombardi, "What the hell is going on out there?"

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
10-02-2011, 03:57 PM
The last time I posted here was in response to the signing of McNabb. At the time I expressed my displeasure and predicted a lost season, for which I was roundly criticized. Told ya' so, boys!

Real mature. What are you, 12?
What are you going to say next, na na na boo boo.

what a TOOL!

marshallvike
10-02-2011, 03:58 PM

Make you feel better BonBon? 0-4 doesn't feel good whether you predicted it or not.

Formo
10-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Meh. I figured we'd have a chance this season if we blew out KC. If we barely won, I would have been pissed. And if we lost, then I'm all in the 'Suck for Luck' campaign.

SUCK FOR LUCK!!! SUCK FOR LUCK!!!

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
10-02-2011, 04:02 PM

Did AP have even 50 yards rushing?..maybe before his negative yards are added in.

singersp
10-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Make you feel better BonBon? 0-4 doesn't feel good whether you predicted it or not.

Probably about the same as your "SEASON IS DONE, WEEK THREE" sig.

:)

singersp
10-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Did AP have even 50 yards rushing?..maybe before his negative yards are added in.

He had 80 yds on 23 carries (3.5).

Giving him the ball more doesn't mean we win.

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
Meh. I figured we'd have a chance this season if we blew out KC. If we barely won, I would have been pissed. And if we lost, then I'm all in the 'Suck for Luck' campaign.

SUCK FOR LUCK!!! SUCK FOR LUCK!!!

So we waste a season out of AP's and greenways contract, just so we can throw the season.

And if you want the team to lose them all, i hope you have sunday ticket or a good stream of the game, because you can expect the next 6 home games to be blacked out.

singersp
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/ship.jpg

MulletMullitia
10-02-2011, 04:11 PM
When the hell is Chad Greenway going to get any of the blame?! Our $43 million dollar linebacker had 3 tackles today. Which amounts to 24 tackles on the season. Without a single sack, interception, or forced fumble. What a joke. He is awful in pass coverage. He is slow against the run. Got burnt and cost us the Chargers game. Yet I haven't heard a single word about him. Yeah yeah, McNabb is over the hill. I get it. But he is becoming a ridiculous scapegoat. Put our rookie QB back there to get killed, and we will go 0-16 with this offensive line and defensive depth. Which really doesn't help when our "team leader" gets 5 tackles a game while using up $10 million/ year of our cap space.

MaxVike
10-02-2011, 04:12 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/ship.jpg

Now THAT is fucking funny! Nicely done...

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
10-02-2011, 04:14 PM
He had 80 yds on 23 carries (3.5).

Giving him the ball more doesn't mean we win.

I was pointing out that he should be on the 'bad' side, not 'good'.

It was frustrating to see him get tackled at the line, or scramble behind it and get tackled.

singersp
10-02-2011, 04:24 PM
I was pointing out that he should be on the 'bad' side, not 'good'.

It was frustrating to see him get tackled at the line, or scramble behind it and get tackled.

Pretty sure that's what I was pointing out with my post as well. 3.5 yards average With his longest run being 14. Outside that run, he averaged only 3.0 YPC.

Not very good for someone demanding we give him the ball more.

MulletMullitia
10-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Pretty sure that's what I was pointing out with my post as well. 3.5 yards average With his longest run being 14. Outside that run, he averaged only 3.0 YPC.

Against 8 and 9 in the box? Yeah. Lol. Definitely his fault.

marshallvike
10-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Probably about the same as your "SEASON IS DONE, WEEK THREE" sig.

:)

Not bragging on the proclamation the season is done. Nice play though.:)

singersp
10-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Against 8 and 9 in the box? Yeah. Lol. Definitely his fault.

News flash! He's been facing 8-9 people in the box since 2006.

BTW, not saying it's his fault, but for someone wanting to take the game on his shoulders, he didn't do a very good job today.

Again, until we have a deep threat &/or can pull those defenders out of the box, teams will continue to shut him down.

Formo
10-02-2011, 04:45 PM
So we waste a season out of AP's and greenways contract, just so we can throw the season.

And if you want the team to lose them all, i hope you have sunday ticket or a good stream of the game, because you can expect the next 6 home games to be blacked out.

Every season that isn't a Super Bowl winning season is a season wasted. Combine that logic with yours, we might as well just NOT signed either AP or Greenway after drafting them because we haven't won, or even SNIFFED, a Super Bowl.

At this point, I don't see us making the playoffs (what, only one team that started 0-4 made the playoffs in NFL history?). Thus, might as well get good draft position out of the deal.

Of course, I'm the type of fan that would be completely happy with a 2-14 record, with both wins coming against the Pukers.

If my penis were a vagina, I would be a fat chick.

You can do the EXACT same thing with every other RB in the league (take away their biggest runs) and their stats would look exactly the same. I totally get and understand your point (which is, get the pass game working, preferably with an accurate QB) but discounting AP's statline doesn't prove anything.

Purple Floyd
10-02-2011, 04:55 PM
The silver lining in all of this is that the team is as healthy as it has been in as long as I can remember. Think of all of those seasons where injuries have hit us hard and we wondered what might have been. Well, this season we have none of those problems so just consider for a moment how bad it might be if we had a long list of starters on the sidelines.

MulletMullitia
10-02-2011, 05:03 PM

You can do the EXACT same thing with every other RB in the league (take away their biggest runs) and their stats would look exactly the same. I totally get and understand your point (which is, get the pass game working, preferably with an accurate QB) but discounting AP's statline doesn't prove anything.

LOL!!! Post of the decade.

singersp
10-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Every season that isn't a Super Bowl winning season is a season wasted. Combine that logic with yours, we might as well just NOT signed either AP or Greenway after drafting them because we haven't won, or even SNIFFED, a Super Bowl.

At this point, I don't see us making the playoffs (what, only one team that started 0-4 made the playoffs in NFL history?). Thus, might as well get good draft position out of the deal.

Of course, I'm the type of fan that would be completely happy with a 2-14 record, with both wins coming against the Pukers.

Look at my initial post to that one where I stated the 3.5YPC & didn't mention the 14 yarder. That in itself wasn't that great. The top backs in the league are averaging a lot more than that.

Trying to point out that he has a lot of rushes for 0 gain, a loss or 1-2 yards.

But hey, if you think 80 yards on 23 carries is so great (that's his statline), you're entitled to your opinion. I guess it's possible to imagine that if you can imagine you're a fat chick with a vagina.

MulletMullitia
10-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Look at my initial post to that one where I stated the 3.5YPC & didn't mention the 14 yarder. That in itself wasn't that great. The top backs in the league are averaging a lot more than that.

Trying to point out that he has a lot of rushes for 0 gain, a loss or 1-2 yards.

How exactly do you suggest that he avoid those situations when facing 9 run defenders? You think anyone else could gain more than he does in those situations? He is the best back in the league. Put that kind of scheme on Chris Johnson or Darren McFadden, and they would struggle to. That's exactly why Chris Johnson has had an awful year. He is finally getting the AP treatment. You have to stick to it, and take your lumps. Those 0 yard gains are going to happen. But so will the 50 yard breakaways. You have to be patient. Not every run can be a touchdown. You can't just give him less carries because he has some runs for no gain.

Purple Floyd
10-02-2011, 05:21 PM
I hate to think of how bad we will lose to the Packers this year.

singersp
10-02-2011, 05:25 PM
How exactly do you suggest that he avoid those situations when facing 9 run defenders? You think anyone else could gain more than he does in those situations? He is the best back in the league. Put that kind of scheme on Chris Johnson or Darren McFadden, and they would struggle to. That's exactly why Chris Johnson has had an awful year. He is finally getting the AP treatment. You have to stick to it, and take your lumps. Those 0 yard gains are going to happen. But so will the 50 yard breakaways. You have to be patient. Not every run can be a touchdown. You can't just give him less carries because he has some runs for no gain.

Don't you think those RB's face it?

The only way to counter it is with successful passing. You need to pull those defenders out of the box. You start hitting receivers deep/outside to the point where man to man defense isn't getting it done, they'll start to respect our passing game & pull defenders out.

Start lining the WR's out farther too. Have you ever noticed on several formations our WR's aren't that far from our tackles? That means the defenders are right in there also, thereby further congesting the field in the middle & then they attempt to run AD up the middle. WTF?

Spread them defenders out or at least try & run AD outside.

singersp
10-02-2011, 05:26 PM
I hate to think of how bad we will lose to the Packers this year.

I'm pretty sure we won't have to worry about losing a double digit lead at the half.

LaBonBon
10-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Real mature. What are you, 12?
What are you going to say next, na na na boo boo.

what a TOOL!

Once more, why I don't post here anymore. Truly nasty people "contribute" here.

Formo
10-02-2011, 05:30 PM

But hey, if you think 80 yards on 23 carries is so great (that's his statline), you're entitled to your opinion. I guess it's possible to imagine that if you can imagine you're a fat chick with a vagina.

Now now, don't get defensive. I agree with your point. We need a much better balanced attack. A great pass game would help AP out a ton. I'm not arguing that.

I'm just simply stating that altering AP's stats to prove said point isn't the most effective way of doing it. That, and I HATE when people do that with AP's stats (read: Puker fans).

And to answer your concern that I enjoyed AP's 80 yards today, I did. Would have been better with a pass game. =)

5vikingsrule6
10-02-2011, 05:30 PM

You forgot Harvin in the bright spots :'(

Anyways. Game was garbage as usual. Put in Ponder and someone figure out how we have so much potential on our team but we can't win?

Purple Floyd
10-02-2011, 05:40 PM
Obviously when they are putting 8-9 in the box it is going to be hard to get those 5-10 yard runs but the advantage for Peterson is that once you do get by those defenders then the defense is left with only 2-3 guys to defend the rest of the field and that is where the really long runs come from. Barry Sanders was the king of that scenario where he would have 20 carries that got him 20 yards and 1 or 2 that went for 50 plus because he got to the 2nd level.

vikings_fan66
10-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Ahhhhh whats it matter? As much as it kills me to say it.... This team is off to LA. Most tortured sports fans in the NFL. I just want to witness a Super Bowl by my beloved Vikings, but it appears that will never happen. This has been a nightmare since the NFC championship.

RK.
10-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Well I guess we all understand why McNothing was benched last season and why he was available to us for signing this season. He is not worth the 5+million dollars we are paying him. We played our second half in the first half today and it went down hill from there. I watched the Lions game at the same time as ours. The difference between a team that is down coming back was......instructive. The energy, the excitement, the speed of play, players stepping up. You could feel that they were going to do it. Watching the Vikes you could feel they were not going to do it..........again.

purplehelmut
10-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Pretty depressing team to watch- boring, unimaginative offense, a QB who is just not good (rather than over the hill- he's about the same age as Brady), a leaky defense that can't stop the pass, and a coaching staff that looks outclassed every week. Time to bring in the kid (s) and see what we've got. Might light a spark under a team that desperately needs one. Not a good way to get a new stadium.

singersp
10-02-2011, 06:46 PM
Now now, don't get defensive. I agree with your point. We need a much better balanced attack. A great pass game would help AP out a ton. I'm not arguing that.

I'm just simply stating that altering AP's stats to prove said point isn't the most effective way of doing it. That, and I HATE when people do that with AP's stats (read: Puker fans).

And to answer your concern that I enjoyed AP's 80 yards today, I did. Would have been better with a pass game. =)

Like I said, I originally didn't do it because I didn't have too. Those weren't great stats for AD no matter how much we love him.

I did it on the second post to be clearer to SCGV, because I don't think he understood it the first time.

kramer9guy
10-02-2011, 06:51 PM
I know Frasier won't do it, but McNabb needs to sit and we need to see what our other QB's can bring to the table...mainly Ponder. I'm not saying McNabb is solely to blame, but the QB is the face of your team in the NFL and our face is past it's prime and inaccurate.

skum
10-02-2011, 06:53 PM
4th very winable game, 4th loss..

Sums it up, need some change on this team, starting with the quarterback.

singersp
10-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Season's over; now what do Vikings do?

"We've got to reevaluate everything," Frazier said. "When you're 0-4, you can't stick with the status quo."

Read more: Season's over; now what do Vikings do? - opinion - Modbee.com (http://www.modbee.com/2011/10/02/1886898/seasons-over-now-what-do-vikings.html#ixzz1ZgJEnreQ)

MulletMullitia
10-03-2011, 01:16 AM
Here's a disturbing stat for you guys.

Through 4 games:

Chad Greenway: 24 tackles, 0 FF, 0 INT, 0 Sacks
Antoine Winfield: 35 tackles, 1 FF, 1 INT, 0 Sacks

These numbers look like they should be flip-flopped. Chad Greenway is having the worst start to a season that he has ever had. Not even close. This contract is making me really uneasy. He got his money, now he seems unmotivated. He didn't deserve $43 million dollars to begin with. He needs to step his game up! AP deserved every penny of that new deal, and it show's with his effort. I wish we would see the same from Chad. He is the last person I expected this from. Pathetic.

MindCrimes67
10-03-2011, 01:28 AM
I am really stunned that we are 0-4. Did not see this coming.. I thought we could possibly be 9-7 this year. As I watched todays game. I see a QB that is playing scared, No heart.. McNabb is done as a starter. He just cant do it. It is no doubt time to let the kid play. Try to win what you can and have good draft and build this team. Offensive line being number one. It is definately time to let Ponder play. Just my opinion...

Traveling_Vike
10-03-2011, 01:35 AM
There were some bright spots in the second half, not so much the total collapse we've seen previously, but there was still a significant letdown, particularly from McNabb and the defense.

I just cannot wrap my head around how this team can be so schizophrenic four weeks in a row. Is somebody spiking the halftime gatorade?

McNabb had his best half of football so far this year, going 8/9 for 125 and a TD. Great start, but it fell apart from there. Although statistically his game totals were slightly better once again, it doesn't matter if most of the good stuff comes early.

On the feed I got for the second half, the Chiefs announcers kept expecting Peterson to bust a big one at any moment, but it never happened. Not his fault, really, it was a workmanlike game for him and he kept fighting. Credit to the Chiefs defense for containing him better than anyone else so far.

Still giving up the stupid penalties. We even had a couple in the first half this time. Tackling is horrid once past the LOS. Discipline and focus, as I keep harping, are failing. Why, I don't know but it needs to be fixed, and fast.

The TEs are getting better and better, so why stop going to them when it is working so well? Shiancoe and Rudolph both had great success when they were targeted. If not for the tipped ball, Shiancoe would have had another big play up the seam. Je was open and past the coverage.

I don't have a problem with the one call to Toby on first and ten. It was just once.

No crazy trick plays this time. At least Musgrave has learned that lesson. Now he needs to learn that you can be creative and unpredictable without being silly.

Poor clock management again toward the end on our last possession. Four straight pass attempts with 2 minutes left? Even if we did connect and score, that leaves too much time for the Chiefs to make one last FG drive.

Percy is still playing his heart out. That end-around was a thing of beauty.

At least we are still pretty healthy. Lots of teams are losing critical players already.

So we proved that we can't play from behind either. I guess you really need a strong passing game for that, whereas you need a good second half defense to play from ahead. Maybe we should try to play to keep the score tied as much as possible.

Oh, and another kicker had a career day against us.

Moving on. Next up, Cardinals in Minny.

Mark_The_Viking
10-03-2011, 02:14 AM
Well, first of all I'm glad I'm the only person in my comapny of 160 people that follow NFL. Can't imagine what it must be like for some of you guys this morning.

I watched the game tlast night and fell into a pit of despair, I thought by game 4 we would know if McNabb was going to make it or not and he can't simple as.

The biggest issue I think we face now is motivation, the team are beginning to see the season is over and some of them are playing like it. The secondary were just awful, with poor tackling, bad angles etc. AD??? Was that a case of poor coaching by sending him up the middle time after time or did he decide that was the play? Either way bad.

I thought Harvin played well and did a good job, still seems to have the heart to go and play. The O line and particularly feet of clay Loadholt were pretty poor but on occasions still gave McN the time to throw and the sapce to run (why oh why didn't he run for the 1st down)?

It is time to play Ponder so we hit the road running next year and bench McNabb again maybe he'll take the hint. I'm not blaming him for everything but this team need a spark and I think the QB change could be it.

Its also possible I suppose that the stadium situation is playing on the minds of the players too. I don't know but it is possible.

I know I haven't followed them for as long as some of you have and never will but honestly it doesn't make it any easier to stomach losses like that.

AngloVike
10-03-2011, 05:36 AM
Well like Mark I at least don't have to listen to a lot of people getting on my case about the game yesterday but that is the only plus I can take from it.

Despite completing several throws of more than 5 yards I'm still not happy in seeing McNabb lining up under center and have to decide what he is going to bring to the team for this season. His passes are still errant and even some of the completions made were behind the target and were only made due to great catching on the receivers part. He wasn't as bad as previous games but that is no great recommendation and should make the coaching staff realise that it isn't a question of IF Ponder takes over as starter this season but a question of WHEN he takes over. My money would be on him starting the week after the bye but we shall see. Either way it is time to see Ponder in real game play and assess how he looks and if he is going to be good or not. I know nothing about Luck but am worried about everyone getting caught up on the ' Luck is a football god' when we may well already have a good QB in Ponder. That way it will allow a possible trade down assuming we have the #1 pick ( which is possible based on the season so far ) or we take Luck if it is felt that Ponder isn't going to work out.

The offense need to step up more and allow the defence a little more time to rest during a game else they will get run ragged without a doubt. The defence need to improve their tackling and angles and remember to hit and wrap the ball carrier as well - that also includes STs too.

I doubt that the stadium issue will bother the players that much as it does the fans as, at the end of the day, they will play where the job takes them. However poor play like this will affect fan support etc and that will knock on to the stadium issue and how Zygi approaches it.

I'm now waiting to see how the coaching staff spin this as KC have been considered to be the worst team in the league this year. Now that we have taken that honour from them I want to see how our HC and his staff intend to motivate players and get them playing at a level that will raise things up. Sticking heads into sand and thinking that things are ok is not an acceptable option one month into the season.

ConnecticutViking
10-03-2011, 09:02 AM
McNabb is not the answer, KC was stacking 8 sometimes 9 in the box. No where for AD to run and McNabb can't find the open receiver... but it is deeper than this. LB's can't cover the middle in the cover 2, aging corners, OL is weak, No clear number 1 receiver, not deep on D, so we get tired at the end of the game. We need a lot of work.

AngloVike
10-03-2011, 09:20 AM
McNabb is not the answer, KC was stacking 8 sometimes 9 in the box. No where for AD to run and McNabb can't find the open receiver... but it is deeper than this. LB's can't cover the middle in the cover 2, aging corners, OL is weak, No clear number 1 receiver, not deep on D, so we get tired at the end of the game. We need a lot of work.

Well the 8/9 in the box has been happening to Peterson all his playing career so nothing new though I thought the offensive scheming was supposed to either open it up for him or allow us to take advantage of that with the passing game. That rolls onto the #1 WR that we don't have, so no deep threat allows the box to be stacked against the the run.
As for the D the tackling, and angles etc needs to improve but they also rely on the offense to either get points on the board or at the least allow the D to get a breather.

For me a lot of these issues stems from our piss poor offensive showing which is impacting on other aspects of the game.

Purple Floyd
10-03-2011, 10:12 AM
I still go back to what I have been saying since the offseason.We just don't have the depth of talent to compete for the division and have taken a step back in talent while the rest of the division has taken steps to build their rosters. Less so with Chicago but Detroit and GB for sure .

I felt we had a 4-5 win team not because of hate or pessimism but through realistic analysis of where the team was in terms of talent, coaching and divisional strength. That was the basis for my opposition to the McNabb trade that gave us little and cost us a future pick when in reality we needed to retool with youth so in a few years we were ready to compete when the rest of the division was losing players to FA.

I still stand by that to this day.

purpledoom
10-03-2011, 11:24 AM
Frazier said you can't keep the status quo, yet I thought I heard him also say no "big" changes ? AD isn't going to get the big runs as long as they can stack the box not often at least. I don't put all the blame on Dnabb but it is clear to me he is pretty much done. Let Ponder go and see what he has.

VikesfaninWis
10-03-2011, 11:46 AM
This team f'n sucks. Seriously, us fans waited the entire offseason, the lockout, no OTA's, and all that extra bull crap for this? What has this team ever done for its fans? All they have done is choked and let their fans down time after time. Its amazing they have any fans left at all with this crap.

I truly feel bad for guys like Peterson and Allen. Those guys are superstars stuck on a lousy team that is going nowhere. These guys deserve to hold up a SB Trophy, and yet they will never have that chance unless they request and are granted a trade.

Its clear to me that Leslie Frazier is not Head Coach material, and it looks like that either Childress never left, or he is sitting at home calling the plays for Frazier. This WCO crap is getting old, and most teams that are successful are getting away from it completely. Speaking about bad systems, this Cover 2, Tampa 2, whatever the hell its being called this week is lame as well. We have a horrible secondary with Sanford, Johnson, Cook, Abdullah, and whoever else they put back there not named Winfield.

Griffin has looked ok at times, but he is anything but a shut down CB. Chris Cook is always out of position and rarely makes a gave saving play. Our Safeties are pathetic, there is nothing else to say about them.

Now on to the QB position. Donovan McNabb is nothing more than a washed up, has been QB. The Vikings have essentially been eliminated from the playoffs so why start McNabb? Put in Ponder now, he can't do any worse at this point. It will then give the ownership group a idea of what they have in Ponder for the long term, or they will have to seriously consider drafting another QB in the next draft. We have nothing for true WR's that are huge playmakers. I love Harvin, but when he is your #1 WR, something is seriously wrong. We have arguably the worse WR group in the NFL easily.

So other than a few great players, and a few solid players, this team is the poster child for pathetic. Why does 2009 seem so long ago, yet its only been 2 seasons? God how this team can just mess up everything. To top it all off, I live and work in Green Bay Wisconsin. Need I say more? I have to take my lumps like a man because the team that I have been supporting for the past 20+ years has constantly let their fans down, and it gives Packer fans who happen to be co-workers and friends ammunition every Monday morning. So I often ask myself, why am I still a fan of the Minnesota Vikings? I can't honestly answer that question. I think its because when I am a fan of a team, I am loyal no matter what. However, I am starting to ask myself, what has this team ever done for me over the years as a fan that spends a lot of money every season on them? The answer to that is NOTHING!!! So again, why am I still a fan? I may have to reconsider that loyalty seeing as though they have turned their backs on all their fans since their existence.

Purple Floyd
10-03-2011, 11:55 AM
This team f'n sucks. Seriously, us fans waited the entire offseason, the lockout, no OTA's, and all that extra bull crap for this? What has this team ever done for its fans? All they have done is choked and let their fans down time after time. Its amazing they have any fans left at all with this crap.

I truly feel bad for guys like Peterson and Allen. Those guys are superstars stuck on a lousy team that is going nowhere. These guys deserve to hold up a SB Trophy, and yet they will never have that chance unless they request and are granted a trade.

Its clear to me that Leslie Frazier is not Head Coach material, and it looks like that either Childress never left, or he is sitting at home calling the plays for Frazier. This WCO crap is getting old, and most teams that are successful are getting away from it completely. Speaking about bad systems, this Cover 2, Tampa 2, whatever the hell its being called this week is lame as well. We have a horrible secondary with Sanford, Johnson, Cook, Abdullah, and whoever else they put back there not named Winfield.

Griffin has looked ok at times, but he is anything but a shut down CB. Chris Cook is always out of position and rarely makes a gave saving play. Our Safeties are pathetic, there is nothing else to say about them.

Now on to the QB position. Donovan McNabb is nothing more than a washed up, has been QB. The Vikings have essentially been eliminated from the playoffs so why start McNabb? Put in Ponder now, he can't do any worse at this point. It will then give the ownership group a idea of what they have in Ponder for the long term, or they will have to seriously consider drafting another QB in the next draft. We have nothing for true WR's that are huge playmakers. I love Harvin, but when he is your #1 WR, something is seriously wrong. We have arguably the worse WR group in the NFL easily.

So other than a few great players, and a few solid players, this team is the poster child for pathetic. Why does 2009 seem so long ago, yet its only been 2 seasons? God how this team can just mess up everything. To top it all off, I live and work in Green Bay Wisconsin. Need I say more? I have to take my lumps like a man because the team that I have been supporting for the past 20+ years has constantly let their fans down, and it gives Packer fans who happen to be co-workers and friends ammunition every Monday morning. So I often ask myself, why am I still a fan of the Minnesota Vikings? I can't honestly answer that question. I think its because when I am a fan of a team, I am loyal no matter what. However, I am starting to ask myself, what has this team ever done for me over the years as a fan that spends a lot of money every season on them? The answer to that is NOTHING!!! So again, why am I still a fan? I may have to reconsider that loyalty seeing as though they have turned their backs on all their fans since their existence.

That one certainly came from the heart and I feel your pain. I just hope that in the front office the pain is just as bad and that they will do anything necessary to change it and get to the SB rather than just focusing on how to get a new stadium and the maximum return on their dollars. If they win the SB the dollars will flow.

VikesFan787
10-03-2011, 12:30 PM
I cant get over that 3rd down where McNabb didn't run! God that pisses me off!

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
10-03-2011, 01:03 PM

Relax.
There is more to life then football.
If you want to become a fan of a different team, do it.
The vikings could not care less if they lose fans.

Zeus
10-03-2011, 01:07 PM

Actually, I'd say the Colts are worse. Tonight's game is going to be brutal to watch.

=Z=

Zeus
10-03-2011, 01:20 PM
I may have to reconsider that loyalty seeing as though they have turned their backs on all their fans since their existence.

I'm as delusional as any Vikings fan, but this is a bit over the top. How is signing Donovan McNabb, for example, "turn(ing) their backs on all their fans"?

Just looking at that one decision and taking what I feel is an honest look at it - I do not come to the conclusion that the Vikings management team did it to turn their backs on you, me and the rest of the fans, but, rather, to win football games and tutor the QB of the future.

=Z=

shockzilla
10-03-2011, 02:27 PM
I hate to bring this up (and sorry if it already has been), but did anyone see TJack's stats from Sunday?

TJack: 25-38, 319, 3TDs, 2INTs, 96.3 rating
Matt Ryan: 28-42, 291, 1 TD, o INTs, 94.4 Rating

C Mac D
10-03-2011, 02:59 PM
I hate to bring this up (and sorry if it already has been), but did anyone see TJack's stats from Sunday?

TJack: 25-38, 319, 3TDs, 2INTs, 96.3 rating
Matt Ryan: 28-42, 291, 1 TD, o INTs, 94.4 Rating

Eh, that argument doesn't really matter anymore. Vikings fans wanted nothing to do with Jackson, for good reason. I wish him the best and hope he finds success in Seattle, but I'm not upset he's gone. It was just time for him to move on.

... also, I'm waiting for Caine to swoop in and attack anyone who points out Jackson's QB rating as a positive.

shockzilla
10-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Eh, that argument doesn't really matter anymore. Vikings fans wanted nothing to do with Jackson, for good reason. I wish him the best and hope he finds success in Seattle, but I'm not upset he's gone. It was just time for him to move on.

... also, I'm waiting for Caine to swoop in and attack anyone who points out Jackson's QB rating as a positive.

Not that I am in any way a TJack jock-sniffer :p (as the pithy phrase around here goes), just pointing out some facts is all.

jessejames09
10-03-2011, 04:58 PM
The last four games have been just gross to watch.

Our cover 2 is the most ineffective passing defense in the league. It work's wonders at times, mainly when our opponent wastes a down or two on the run. How about 4th quarter against a great QB? No chance. We get picked apart.

Even if we did execute the cover 2 perfectly it doesn't matter, my favorite aspect is the bend but don't break mentality. We'll give you smaller gains, then make plays, good luck sustaining a 12 play drive and then punching one in on us. That whole component of the cover 2 is gone once the opposing team is past the 50 and Pagac goes blitz happy, like he's the third fucking Ryan brother. We don't have to corners for it. I wish we did too, but leaving guys 1 on 1 is not what we're built for.

idahovikefan7
10-03-2011, 05:22 PM
I'm really at a loss of words at this point, as I'm sure many others are as well. We really do have plenty of talent, but there is no team "gel". It almost looks like they give up in the second half. It's so hard to watch the games this season, to the point it becomes comical after the many second half collapse.

Also after watching Mcnabb through the years, he never seems to take the season/games serious. Ie. having a huge grin on his face after losing a SB with the eagles, when he made a mistake. I wasn't against bringing him in, but he's just not cutting it. Passes are way off target, and why didn't he run the damn ball on that third down?! He had plenty of space in fron of him.

But it is a team sport, so the blame goes around. Play calling has sucked, play on the field has sucked, Mcnabb has sucked, recievers (need I say?)......And so on

battleaxe4cheese
10-03-2011, 05:22 PM
The silver lining in all of this is that the team is as healthy as it has been in as long as I can remember. Think of all of those seasons where injuries have hit us hard and we wondered what might have been. Well, this season we have none of those problems so just consider for a moment how bad it might be if we had a long list of starters on the sidelines.

Fairly easy to stay healthy when you only play 2 quarters of a four quarter game.

midgensa
10-03-2011, 06:01 PM
I keep going back and forth really after this loss.

I knew coming into the season that the playoffs were a long shot, but I had hope anyways. I knew coming into the season that McNabb looked like he might have been done last season, but I had hope anyways. I coming into the season that there would be growing pains withe Frazier and his staff and the new offense, but I had hope anyways. My hope has quickly dissapated.

I am on the bench McNabb now bandwagon. He simply makes too many bad throws for the good ones to matter. We might as well get Ponder in there and see how the team responds. If he is the leader we need going forward great. But as it becomes clear we might be a player in the Luck sweepstakes, then we need to see how hard we are going to play the last quarter of the season.

I feel particularly bad for people like Jared Allen and Adrian Peterson who keep playing very hard and cannot get what they need from the rest of the team. Players like Bernard Berrian and Chad Greenway who are earning very nice paychecks are very disappointing right now.

On a team that has so much talent, it is a shame that the spots that are lacking keep overriding the work of the spots that are not.

And I still cannot figure out why this offensive coordinator cannot get Harvin the ball in any set other than handing it directly to him. Percy Harvin is a DYNAMIC playmaker that can cause a huge number of mismatches, but for some reason we only get him the ball on direct handoffs?

I am looking forward to watching the rest of the season and seeing what we have going forward to join whatever high draft picks we bring in next season.

slavinator
10-03-2011, 08:09 PM
WE really need to get away from the antique QB and roll with Ponder. Could it really get worse? This is a far more talented team than they are showing right now. I think that our issues really lie on the undisciplined mental aspects of the game. We are #2 in the league in penalties. How many drives have stalled due to penalties?

Check out Siefert on ESPN's NFC North Head Exam. I normally think he is a complete hack. This however was pretty well written and spot on IMO.

Disgusted........

marshallvike
10-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Actually, I'd say the Colts are worse. Tonight's game is going to be brutal to watch.

=Z=

And they will pass the baton from Manning to Luck

jargomcfargo
10-04-2011, 01:46 PM
I still go back to what I have been saying since the offseason.We just don't have the depth of talent to compete for the division and have taken a step back in talent while the rest of the division has taken steps to build their rosters. Less so with Chicago but Detroit and GB for sure .

I felt we had a 4-5 win team not because of hate or pessimism but through realistic analysis of where the team was in terms of talent, coaching and divisional strength. That was the basis for my opposition to the McNabb trade that gave us little and cost us a future pick when in reality we needed to retool with youth so in a few years we were ready to compete when the rest of the division was losing players to FA.

I still stand by that to this day.

A post that makes sense. There really isn't a great degree of difference between a good team and a bad team in the NFL for the most part.

Those with high expectations were in denial and now gnash their teeth. The signs of a bad season were there all along.

Hard to be patient right now, but I see this team being very good in a couple of years when marginal talent is jettisoned and good young talent is aquired.

Frazier would never say it but they are in rebuild mode and right now they are at the beginning of that process.

As for those who say we have so much talent on this team, to state the obvious, there isn't as much as you may think.

jargomcfargo
10-04-2011, 01:56 PM
The last four games have been just gross to watch.

Our cover 2 is the most ineffective passing defense in the league. It work's wonders at times, mainly when our opponent wastes a down or two on the run. How about 4th quarter against a great QB? No chance. We get picked apart.

Even if we did execute the cover 2 perfectly it doesn't matter, my favorite aspect is the bend but don't break mentality. We'll give you smaller gains, then make plays, good luck sustaining a 12 play drive and then punching one in on us. That whole component of the cover 2 is gone once the opposing team is past the 50 and Pagac goes blitz happy, like he's the third fucking Ryan brother. We don't have to corners for it. I wish we did too, but leaving guys 1 on 1 is not what we're built for.

It would be interesting to look at third down stops and track how many were attributed to good plays from the defense, as opposed to when the offense just screwed up the play on their own and gave the defense a gift.
Cover 2 was designed for teams with inferior cover corners. Kind of a lame concept that seems easy to exploit.

Purple Floyd
10-04-2011, 02:12 PM
It would be interesting to look at third down stops and track how many were attributed to good plays from the defense, as opposed to when the offense just screwed up the play on their own and gave the defense a gift.
Cover 2 was designed for teams with inferior cover corners. Kind of a lame concept that seems easy to exploit.

A bit off topic but awesome user name.

I haven't heard the word Smegma since college lol.

jargomcfargo
10-04-2011, 02:22 PM
Username Mardro was already taken!

C Mac D
10-04-2011, 02:23 PM
I keep hearing about all this wasted talent the Vikings have, but who exactly are we talking about outside of Peterson and Harvin? Our OL isn't that good, Hutch is no longer elite... our DTs are okay, but Ayodele hasn't had one tackle this year... our corners can tackle, but not cover (per usual)... our WRs are nameless schmucks... our TE group is probably up there with the best in the league, but it doesn't matter when you have consistently awful QB play...

Seems to me like we have a lack of talent and not an abundance or wasted talent.

i_bleed_purple
10-04-2011, 02:51 PM

So you opted for Smegma Vike instead?!
Urban Dictionary: smegma (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=smegma)

Purple Floyd
10-04-2011, 03:01 PM

Now that is funny I don't care who you are.......

Purple Floyd
10-04-2011, 03:02 PM
So you opted for Smegma Vike instead?!
Urban Dictionary: smegma (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=smegma)

You gotta admit. It is original.......

El Vikingo
10-04-2011, 03:07 PM

smegmavike ,just sent you a friendship request

Purple Floyd
10-04-2011, 03:17 PM

Should go well with your bicycle...........

jargomcfargo
10-04-2011, 03:31 PM

Smegmavike is summarily disagreeable and therefore has no friends.

Zeus
10-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Smegmavike is summarily disagreeable and therefore has no friends.

Time for an IP search by a Mod and a discovery of which one of you jokers created a second signon for this website.

=Z=

slavinator
10-06-2011, 04:53 PM
I keep hearing about all this wasted talent the Vikings have, but who exactly are we talking about outside of Peterson and Harvin? Our OL isn't that good, Hutch is no longer elite... our DTs are okay, but Ayodele hasn't had one tackle this year... our corners can tackle, but not cover (per usual)... our WRs are nameless schmucks... our TE group is probably up there with the best in the league, but it doesn't matter when you have consistently awful QB play...

Seems to me like we have a lack of talent and not an abundance or wasted talent. There have only ever been 5 0-4 teams with the Vikes. This team is far better than them. While I agree that we have some glaring talent gaps, you can see that in a lot of teams. I look almost solely at Turnovers and Penalties. To me that has been the issue for us. Oh and the fact that we forget what talent we do have and where they are.........

Just start Ponder and let some of these young guys develop together.