PDA

View Full Version : Kleinsasser packs a punch

Purple Floyd
10-01-2011, 11:48 PM
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/130886763.html

The Vikings tight end, who will play his 100th consecutive game Sunday, functions as a tackle or fullback when the team needs him. Kleinsasser is listed as probable for Sunday's game at Kansas City, but you can bank on it being his 100th consecutive regular-season game played. Only Steve Jordan's streak of 113 from 1985 to 1992 is longer among Vikings tight ends.
(http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/130886763.html)

Traveling_Vike
10-02-2011, 02:51 AM
I've always liked Jimmy K. Always does what is asked of him and never complains. Local boy made good. He;s a good model for what a football player ought to be.

Happy hundred, Jimmy.

singersp
10-02-2011, 09:21 AM
Gotta respect a player that stays with a team for 12 years. This maybe his 100th consecutive game that he's played in, but this will be the 169th game he's played in as a Viking.

i_bleed_purple
10-02-2011, 09:42 AM
Jimmy K's always a fan favourite. Not exceptional as a weapon, but a reliable blocker, from both Fullback and TE spot, and a great guy to have on the team. Unfortunately, this could very well be his last year in purple, so soak in in fellas.

singersp
10-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Jimmy K's always a fan favourite. Not exceptional as a weapon, but a reliable blocker, from both Fullback and TE spot, and a great guy to have on the team. Unfortunately, this could very well be his last year in purple, so soak in in fellas.

He will retire a Viking, unless the Vikings fuck it up like they did with Birk. Last I checked, the Ravens are doing quite well with Birk.

Purple Floyd
10-02-2011, 10:39 AM
He will retire a Viking, unless the Vikings fuck it up like they did with Birk. Last I checked, the Ravens are doing quite well with Birk.

Mac isn't looking that shabby either is he?

singersp
10-02-2011, 11:28 AM
Mac isn't looking that shabby either is he?

Jimmy usually always looks good. He did drop 1 pass that I wish he would have caught, but his blocking abilities are usually underrated.

That long run by Harvin last week. How many fans noticed it was Jimmy K. that sprung him with a key block at the 40?

Who doesn't love Jimmy K?

missvikes
10-02-2011, 02:50 PM
I was appauled last year when he was omitted from the Vikings 50 greatest players. Longest tenured player we have. He's an exceptional player and leader. Hopefully this isn't his last year!

battleaxe4cheese
10-04-2011, 09:12 AM
How can you not like the kleinsmasher? Works hard, doesn't run his mouth, and is loyal to the franchise and fans. He will be missed when he retires.

tastywaves
10-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Look at any big play the Vikings have made this year and you will probably see Kleiny throwing a key block to make it work. I don't he's ever played better than I've seen him this year.

Hint for opposing defenses. You want to follow where the Vikings are going, just watch #40.

Purple Floyd
10-04-2011, 01:10 PM
Hint for opposing defenses. You want to follow where the Vikings are going, just watch #40.

Great. Now we have gone from the Randy Ratio to the 'Sasser Spreadsheet.

inkedgeek
10-06-2011, 12:06 AM
How can you not like the kleinsmasher? Works hard, doesn't run his mouth, and is loyal to the franchise and fans. He will be missed when he retires.

he is who I was most excited to see at training camp this year. great player!!

kyleburkle
10-06-2011, 12:23 AM
i grew up watching him play basketball in high school, he was awesome at basketball, had big school offers for football, stayed in north dakota, then big suprise he landed on his local football team