PDA

View Full Version : Vikings vs. Lions Postgame thread

12purplepride28
09-25-2011, 03:47 PM
We suck dick. Berrian sucks, gerhart sucks, frazier sucks, musgrave sucks, mcnabb sucks, harvin's stomach sucks, charlie johnson sucks, loadholt sucks.

Our DE's look really good, and it's nice to have Kevin back, but good lord. Idk what to say.

Tad7
09-25-2011, 03:52 PM
smfh

Freya
09-25-2011, 03:53 PM
Dear Griffin...............please ask to be traded. I would rank such a selfless act right up there with McKinnie showing up 70 lbs overweight for TC.

Thank you,

Freya

BBQ_Platypus
09-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Surprise, surprise, the Vikings blow it again. Was the outcome ever REALLY in doubt? Because I know this is what I was expecting. Problem #1: Refusing again and again to use your best players in key situations. In my mind, the outcome of this game was sealed on that 4th-and-1 in the 4th quarter. Any idiot would know that the right thing to do is to hand it off to Peterson. But Musgrave thought he knew better - he brought out Peterson AND Gerhart and put them in the backfield, faked to Peterson, and handed it to Gerhart. Turnover on downs. I know I wasn't surprised - I had it called the moment I saw Gerhart out there.

For the love of God, Bill - STOP IT. You're not clever or smart or in any way good at your job. Hand the ball to your best player. Let him do what you're paying him $100 million to do.

This coaching staff is clueless - we needed a completely clean break from the Childress era. If anything, Frazier and Musgrave are even worse than he is.

Fuck this team.

purpledoom
09-25-2011, 03:56 PM
Ponder, Ponder, Ponder

12purplepride28
09-25-2011, 03:57 PM
Dear Griffin...............please ask to be traded. I would rank such a selfless act right up there with McKinnie showing up 70 lbs overweight for TC.

Thank you,

Freya

Griffin or Griffen? And what was the problem with him? He had good coverage, just a better play by the WR.

keystonevike
09-25-2011, 03:57 PM
This is hard to take. Blowing a 20 point halftime lead? Really? REALLY? For us it's routine. Each week, the halftime leads are bigger than the week before, yet we manage to lose every week. 6 second half points thru 3 games??? What in the hell goes on in that locker room at halftime???

skum
09-25-2011, 04:03 PM
Same thing for 3 weeks.

Unless Adrian or Percy does something really special, or unless we run a screen pass or somekind of gimmick play, we do nothing on offense - we can't move the ball on a consistant basis..

McNabbs accurary is horrible

When we lead by 20 points, the offensive coordinator is content on passing the ball all day long, despite having the best running back in the world on the roster.

When ever Adrian does touch the ball, its when he runs that sneaky router over to the opposite side of the defensive line and immidiatly gets hammered by a couple of linebackers.

Chris Cook has been a really poor player, but he played a great game today, then he makes one mistake and all of a sudden - Cedric Griffen is on Johnson instead.

Jamarca Sanfords coverage in the endzone horrible

Jared Allen dropped back in coverage on the last play when he had totally dominated his matchup all game, plus no safety help over the top.

Second half penalties - not acceptable, especially not at home.

Why are we not going with some playaction when we absolutely have to pass.

And proberly a lot more..

12purplepride28
09-25-2011, 04:03 PM
This is hard to take. Blowing a 20 point halftime lead? Really? REALLY? For us it's routine. Each week, the halftime leads are bigger than the week before, yet we manage to lose every week. 6 second half points thru 3 games??? What in the hell goes on in that locker room at halftime???

A giant circle jerk then everyone comes out wasted and tired.

Traveling_Vike
09-25-2011, 04:07 PM
Although I still expected to lose this one, I really, really didn't figure on it going the exact same way again, for the third straight week. A loss I can live with, but another complete second half collapse after looking so good in the first half?

No.

That I cannot and will not accept.

You guys know me well enough my now to know that I am a very patient and forgiving guy. I don't call people out for a few mistakes. I never ask for people to be benched, cut, or fired.

That changes today. I am pissed off and I demand a change.

Fire the entire coaching staff except for Special Teams, and do it now. I don't care who you get to replace them. Just get them the hell out of here. And as for McNabb... he gets one, and only one, more chance to right his ship. If he doesn't come out on fire at Kansas City next week, Ponder had better be ready to go.

Stupid play calls. Stupid penalties. Stupid game planning. Stupid thinking that calling a players only meeting would make any fucking difference.

There is too much talent on this team to waste it so stupidly.

Don't count on getting Luck, either... that's not what we need, and we won't have a high enough pick even if we wanted him. Use the top pick on a true #1 receiver or stud O-lineman. Maybe we could trade Webb to someone who needs a QB. I like the kid but he is a luxury we don't need at this point.

I never thought I would be this pissed off at this point. But there it is. I've gone postal. Make it official, I'm calling for heads.

Jereamiah
09-25-2011, 04:09 PM
Flailing about...Sorry. Someone PLEASE effin tell me it's not coaching? Impossible. IT WAS STOOOPID, WICKED OBVIOUS, lol, that coaching was to blame. Possibly the worst call fucking EVER. 4th and 1. HAND IT OFF TO THAT MOOK, GERHARDT? My wife, who knows next to nohing about Vikes football, asked: "Why didnt Adrian get the ball?" I looked at her and died a little inside....lolololololololololol. SCREW IT! Im tired, drunk, and hungry. Coming off of a 24 hour CQ shift to watch this nonsense? You'd think I would learn my lesson

Purplemania
09-25-2011, 04:10 PM
QB: F-. McNabb is as inaccurate as he has been his entire career. Seriously, the guy is making ugly throws to open recievers. The Oline is actually giving him time...he just straight up sucks ball. I want Ponders to start next week or else I'm not watching the game (maybe..).

RB: B .Peterson looked great, and even his pass blocking looked good. Gerhart had the epic failed moment...overall they did good but I guess I was expecting more. Peterson didn't even reach 100 yds :(

Oline: C. Eh. They were average in the first half. Terrible in the second. But there were moments when they gave McNabb good protection.

WR: F. Yes the suckiness by all our other WR overshadowed the good game Harvin had prior to his stomach flu. I don't know why Berrian is still on the team. I want to see more of Aroshamadu or however the hell you spell his name. Anyways, time to get in a tall lengthy WR via FA or one off the streets of MPLS to replace Berrian.

TE: D. Rundolph had his moments. That's it.

Dline: B+. Jared Allen played great. Kevn Williams was okay. Robison brought the heat at times. But...when it really counted they let Stafford too much time (other then the few last play before regulation).

LB: F. Yup. I give them an F. Greenway was no where to be found. EJ Henderson sucked total balls today. He let Pettigrew eat him alive. Not just that, he let anyone who came into the middle make a play. Erin Henderson...um, I guess that's why he should be a back up LB. I guess overall the run support was good, but who the hell cares when you're giving up 15 yards a play to a fatass TE.

CB: D+ Cook had 3 good plays, Griffin had 1 or 2, but overall Megatron spanked them when it counted. Hm, I still think they did decent enough (considering how use I am to bad CB plays on the Vikes).

S: D. No where to be found all game.

Coaches: F---------------------------------------------------------------
Frazier's inability to adjust to teams in the second half is really annoying me. Yes your'e a rookie HC, but C'MON. There is no excuses for the 3rd loss in the same style. NONE. He keeps believing in McNabb and he keeps being outcoached, I WILL be calling for his head soon. As for Musgrave, I love how he is using Harvin, and I think he's doing all he can with the mediocre/sucky weapons that he is given. Yet, he still fails. Yup.

Freya
09-25-2011, 04:10 PM
Griffin or Griffen? And what was the problem with him? He had good coverage, just a better play by the WR.

Griffin...and I completely disagree. He plays soft and still gets smoked. That isn't good coverage in my book.

Ultrapurple
09-25-2011, 04:12 PM
I really thought Singletery would sort out these stupid penalties erasing big plays, but they continue. AP disapears in the second half, so did our D! If they make halftime adjustments, what the hell are we doing? #5 cannot seem to hit a receiver in-stride, its either at his feet, over his head or behind him! Barrian, OMG that end zone pass, was overthrown,if that would have been to Joe Webb, maybe he could have gotten there, maybe,...I'm gutted 0-3 we are the new Lions in our division!

gabe_menendez
09-25-2011, 04:19 PM
How bout them bills?

Freakout
09-25-2011, 04:25 PM
Griffin...and I completely disagree. He plays soft and still gets smoked. That isn't good coverage in my book.

I am one of the few that agree. Detroit was going after him. I cannot believe fans think we took Cook off of CJ. Detroit put him over onto Griffin's side of the field to get him AWAY from Cook. Instead of adjusting we left Griffin on him 1on1 and got burned bad.

Formo
09-25-2011, 04:26 PM

A giant circle jerk then everyone comes out wasted and tired.

LOL

I think there's a huge circle jerk going on here on PP.O as well. Either way, such a great response.. And only because I think it's about as accurate as one could be.

singersp
09-25-2011, 04:27 PM
Flailing about...Sorry. Someone PLEASE effin tell me it's not coaching? Impossible. IT WAS STOOOPID, WICKED OBVIOUS, lol, that coaching was to blame. Possibly the worst call fucking EVER. 4th and 1. HAND IT OFF TO THAT MOOK, GERHARDT? My wife, who knows next to nohing about Vikes football, asked: "Why didnt Adrian get the ball?" I looked at her and died a little inside....lolololololololololol. SCREW IT! Im tired, drunk, and hungry. Coming off of a 24 hour CQ shift to watch this nonsense? You'd think I would learn my lesson

1. Coaches don't coach QB's to throw the ball at receivers feet or bounce it way in front of them.

2. Had the coach not let AD talk him out of kicking the FG, the Vikings probably win 26-20.

3. Yup, the initial thought on 4th & 1 is to give it to AD to get us the yard if you go for it, but reality is kicking the FG makes the Lions get a TD to go ahead. Besides, AD's last 3 rushes netted a total of -3 yards.

singersp
09-25-2011, 04:31 PM
The good news is we're not mathematically eliminated yet.

Vikes
09-25-2011, 04:34 PM
Kick a FG and the game is won.

Just look at the math we are ahead 20 - 17 our D is gassed, lions score so what just go out there with Longwell who is solid and kick game winner.

But NOOOOOO we go with a retard play run up the middle with a 2nd year no name back is stupid.

We earned this lost.....Sucks to be 0-3....season over already.

Hopefully Harvin get's to a team that appreciates his efforts!

Go Lynx!

VikesfaninWis
09-25-2011, 04:40 PM
This team sucks. Good thing is that I am no longer paying good money for the NFL Sunday Ticket to watch them choke like this rather I am watching it on free tv on the NFL highlights, or in the Vikings case, lowlights. Seriously? This team is beyond pathetic.

If I were Jared Allen and Adrian Peterson I would seriously ask for a trade. The Vikings would get some great draft picks, and other teams would jump on those two in a heartbeat. Unless they don't care about winning a Championship and just making money I don't see why either of them would want to stay here. By the time the Vikings get around to being good again these guys will be close to retirement if not retired.

Looks like without the Sunday Ticket package that I will be forced to watching more Green Bay games seeing as though I live in Green Bay. That is alright though as I get to watch a team that knows how to win a game, and a coaching staff that knows how to call a game. Never thought I would be ok with watching a Green Bay game and not being able to watch a Viking game, but I am to that point now. Sick and tired of spending big money on this team and supporting them all these years to get this. They have never given their fans anything, and with the way things are going, they never will. To see all these fans of Green Bay around here everyday ecstatic about the games, wearing SB Champion clothes, and even seeing Packer players in our dealership buying vehicles, I tell ya, its making me realize what they have in a team and what I have been supporting these past 20 years, a bunch of posers that choke year after year, the Minnesota Vikings.

Purple Floyd
09-25-2011, 04:41 PM
Did anyone really expect more than this? The team wasn't going anywhere from day 1 and nothing has changed.
Get a QB who can actually hit a WR when they are open and we might actually win a few games.

Webby
09-25-2011, 04:45 PM
We need to get our first half leads up to 42-0.

singersp
09-25-2011, 04:46 PM
This team sucks. Good thing is that I am no longer paying good money for the NFL Sunday Ticket to watch them choke like this rather I am watching it on free tv on the NFL highlights, or in the Vikings case, lowlights. Seriously? This team is beyond pathetic.

If I were Jared Allen and Adrian Peterson I would seriously ask for a trade. The Vikings would get some great draft picks, and other teams would jump on those two in a heartbeat. Unless they don't care about winning a Championship and just making money I don't see why either of them would want to stay here. By the time the Vikings get around to being good again these guys will be close to retirement if not retired.

Looks like without the Sunday Ticket package that I will be forced to watching more Green Bay games seeing as though I live in Green Bay. That is alright though as I get to watch a team that knows how to win a game, and a coaching staff that knows how to call a game. Never thought I would be ok with watching a Green Bay game and not being able to watch a Viking game, but I am to that point now. Sick and tired of spending big money on this team and supporting them all these years to get this. They have never given their fans anything, and with the way things are going, they never will. To see all these fans of Green Bay around here everyday ecstatic about the games, wearing SB Champion clothes, and even seeing Packer players in our dealership buying vehicles, I tell ya, its making me realize what they have in a team and what I have been supporting these past 20 years, a bunch of posers that choke year after year, the Minnesota Vikings.

You do realize of course, you can get NFL Sunday ticket for free, don't you? ;)

singersp
09-25-2011, 04:48 PM

A 42 point lead at half time only means our opponents will out-score us by 45 in the second half.

Traveling_Vike
09-25-2011, 05:10 PM

Nah, that won't work.

The better we look in the first half, the more monumental the collapse in the second.

Purple Floyd
09-25-2011, 05:12 PM
How about McNabb in the first half and Ponder in the second half?

Freakout
09-25-2011, 05:12 PM
Going for it on the 4th and 1 was stupid. As a team that has struggled scoring, you must take the damn field goal. Still if you are going for it in that situation you use your 100 million dollar running back.

McNabb was average and I mean that in the worst possible way. I disagree with anyone that criticizes our wide receivers because most of the time they had to make a play on the ball to even catch it. That catch by Rudolph in which McNabb threw waaaay behind him and he still managed to grab it was special. That kid deserves more of Shank's reps. Jenkins is looking like a solid signing....too bad we are missing that true deep threat receiver to pair him with.

OL was nothing special. If not for McNabb's mobility he would have been on his ass a lot more. Hutchinson did make one hell of a seal on that Peterson touchdown run.

Defensive line was very good. Anyone still want to argue about Robison starting and missing Ray Edwards? Jared Allen played like a man possessed. Great to see Kevin back inside.

Linebackers. You know they look like world beaters in run support but when asked to drop back in coverage it falls apart. EJ is a big part of that. If this team has plans moving forward to keep the cover 2 then it needs to draft or sign a free agent to replace him.

DB's - well I was impressed by Chris Cook. CJ really did not get off until Detroit started moving him around. Griffin on the other hand was being picked on by Stafford. It is not all his fault though. When Ced releases him into the zone coverage the guys have to be alert and realize who the fuck they are defending. You cannot give him that much space.

Special teams were awesome in large part due to Sherels. That kid is earning his roster spot.

Playcalling wasn't horrible but Musgrave is coming up looking like the fool when he is required to think. I blame Frazier just as much when he went for it on the 4th down instead of kicking the short field goal. Musgrave shouldn't have hd the opportunity to screw that up. I thought Pagac dropped the ball when Detroit adjusted and moved CJ off of Cook.

Traveling_Vike
09-25-2011, 05:20 PM
1. Coaches don't coach QB's to throw the ball at receivers feet or bounce it way in front of them.

2. Had the coach not let AD talk him out of kicking the FG, the Vikings probably win 26-20.

3. Yup, the initial thought on 4th & 1 is to give it to AD to get us the yard if you go for it, but reality is kicking the FG makes the Lions get a TD to go ahead. Besides, AD's last 3 rushes netted a total of -3 yards.

Sorry, Singer, but I have to disagree with you here. The way the Lions were throwing all over us at that point, all a Field Goal gets us is a 27-26 loss.

Going for it on 4th and 1 was the correct choice, but the play call was horrendous.

Of course we both know that you can't predict the future any more than you can change the past. A different call might have worked, might not, but we'll never know for sure. Just for the record, my call would have been same package, play-action fake to AD, dump short to a TE over the middle.

Also, if a HC lets just one of his players talk him out of something he was going to do, then he is weak and needs to go.

I am losing patience with McNabb. Great improvement from week 1 to 2, but not much more this week. 22 of 36 for 211 and 1 TD no picks is decent but not great. The accuracy definitely needs to improve.

Meanwhile, the guy I wanted (Hasselbeck) was 27 of 36 for 311 and 2 TDs, no picks. And his team won.

battleaxe4cheese
09-25-2011, 05:29 PM
I think I'm going to be sick.:(

C Mac D
09-25-2011, 05:33 PM
We decided the mail it in this season the day we signed McNabb.

I feel the second half collapses are a reflection of how Leslie Fraiser coaches. He's very calm and doesn't get down on players. He coaches through positive reinforcement, like a kindergartner teacher... Problem is, this is professional football. Our team currently doesn't have the backbone to close out games.

I'm not saying I don't like Fraizer, but I'd like to see some emotion from him at some point. Oh, and a win.

marshallvike
09-25-2011, 05:39 PM
63-6 in the second half
I don't give a f00ck which player you all want to blame. the players DO NOT lose their talent in the second half. The COACHES are to blame for this season so far. There is no other argument on this.

ConnecticutViking
09-25-2011, 05:41 PM
McNabb is the problem...I watched them disect the Vikings on the NFL network and time after time, McNabb is missing open receivers. Play Ponder, it can't get worse. At least I can swallow loses if I know we are building for the future, but unfortunately, the fact that we should be 3-0 against quality opponents keeps me optomistic that we can right this ship?

Purple Floyd
09-25-2011, 05:44 PM
I see the collapses as the result of a lack of depth in talent so when the starters get tired we have nobody who can rotate in and perform at a reasonable level. And that coupled with a QB that cannot sustain drives in the second half to keep the defense off the field and rested.

Purple Floyd
09-25-2011, 05:46 PM
McNabb is the problem...I watched them disect the Vikings on the NFL network and time after time, McNabb is missing open receivers. Play Ponder, it can't get worse. At least I can swallow loses if I know we are building for the future, but unfortunately, the fact that we should be 3-0 against quality opponents keeps me optomistic that we can right this ship?

Watch it. Comments like that will get you labeled as a hater and not a Vikings fan.

marshallvike
09-25-2011, 05:46 PM

bullshit. he is good enough to be whooping everyones ass the first half of every game. The other team adjusts, we cannot overcome their adjustments, COACHING

ConnecticutViking
09-25-2011, 05:48 PM
He sucks!

battleaxe4cheese

I wasn't sure before this game, but am convinced now.

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
63-6 in the second half
I don't give a f00ck which player you all want to blame. the players DO NOT lose their talent in the second half. The COACHES are to blame for this season so far. There is no other argument on this.

The coaches are not dropping passes, getting called for holding, horse collars, throwing passes in the dirt etc.

They are coaching grown men, most have played football for the better part of their lives. At some point, they stop wanting to be coached and do their own thing on the field.

ConnecticutViking
09-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Marshall...look at your own quote..."cut route short" YOu know it is true.

battleaxe4cheese
09-25-2011, 05:54 PM
bullshit. he is good enough to be whooping everyones ass the first half of every game. The other team adjusts, we cannot overcome their adjustments, COACHING

lol That would be AP

marshallvike
09-25-2011, 05:55 PM
Marshall...look at your own quote..."cut route short" YOu know it is true.

we are kicking everyones ass in the first half. the other team adjusts and we can not counter. IT IS THE FOOKING COACHES

marshallvike
09-25-2011, 05:56 PM
The coaches are not dropping passes, getting called for holding, horse collars, throwing passes in the dirt etc.

They are coaching grown men, most have played football for the better part of their lives. At some point, they stop wanting to be coached and do their own thing on the field.

they run the plays that are called. on offense and defense

Purple Floyd
09-25-2011, 05:59 PM
The coaches aren't underthrowing or overthrowing the WR's. They are not dropping the passes they should catch and they are not letting the opposing QB dissect their zones. That is on the players.

Frazier is left with a bad team and a salary cap problem and loss of draft choices that will limit what they can do in the future.

marshallvike
09-25-2011, 06:06 PM
The coaches aren't underthrowing or overthrowing the WR's. They are not dropping the passes they should catch and they are not letting the opposing QB dissect their zones. That is on the players.

Frazier is left with a bad team and a salary cap problem and loss of draft choices that will limit what they can do in the future.

63-6 in the second halves so far this season. is that on donnovan? I did not want him this year but he is not playing defense. Do I think he is playing great football? Not a chance. But he is not losing us these games.

ConnecticutViking
09-25-2011, 06:08 PM

Agree with this! Everything.

12purplepride28
09-25-2011, 06:10 PM
I agree that Donovan isn't the problem, but he isn't playing that great either. I would much rather play Ponder. Mcnabb is doing decent but it is frustrating to watch him miss wide open WRs. I like him as a person and when he was on the Eagles, but if he's going to be successful he will need some more talent around him in the WR area... Why don't we have a deep threat at all? I hate berrian. Jenkins is solid, percy is great, but we don't have a burner and we need one desperately

marshallvike
09-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Agree with this! Everything.

63-6 in the second half!!!!!!!!!

Freya
09-25-2011, 06:12 PM
I am one of the few that agree. Detroit was going after him. I cannot believe fans think we took Cook off of CJ. Detroit put him over onto Griffin's side of the field to get him AWAY from Cook. Instead of adjusting we left Griffin on him 1on1 and got burned bad.

Exactly! Cook had the situation much more under control. Of course the Lions would make that adjustment. I would have too.

singersp
09-25-2011, 06:16 PM
Sorry, Singer, but I have to disagree with you here. The way the Lions were throwing all over us at that point, all a Field Goal gets us is a 27-26 loss.

Really? Are you sure? Then do you care to explain how the Lions only got 3 points to tie it on the ensuing drive making it 23-23 instead of the TD to win it 27-23 with no OT required?

They were throwing all over us, but on that drive we made them settle for a FG instead of 7.

Freya
09-25-2011, 06:22 PM
we are kicking everyones ass in the first half. the other team adjusts and we can not counter. IT IS THE FOOKING COACHES

I agree with you. It's as if no one has realized that they other team is likely to make adjustments and when they do.....what then? They need to wake up and answer that question...........and make adjustments of their own.

Purple Floyd
09-25-2011, 06:28 PM
I agree with you. It's as if no one has realized that they other team is likely to make adjustments and when they do.....what then? They need to wake up and answer that question...........and make adjustments of their own.

Interestingly from what Pete Bercich ( former player and also coach-but what does he know) The adjustments that are being bashed for not happening are almost irrelevant and the problems are solely the result of a lack of execution by the players. I tend to agree with him.

Did the coaches tell McNabb to overthrow Berrian when he was wide open in the end zone on the play that would have put the game away?

singersp
09-25-2011, 06:33 PM
I am losing patience with McNabb. Great improvement from week 1 to 2, but not much more this week. 22 of 36 for 211 and 1 TD no picks is decent but not great. The accuracy definitely needs to improve.

Meanwhile, the guy I wanted (Hasselbeck) was 27 of 36 for 311 and 2 TDs, no picks. And his team won.

Even T-Jack is playing better than McNabb.

Purple Floyd
09-25-2011, 06:39 PM
And to think of the negative reaction I got when I said I would rather keep TJ than trade for McNabb. At least we would have that pick next year.

i_bleed_purple
09-25-2011, 06:39 PM

Hardly. McNabb is at least making plays, without many mistakes. TJ threw for a nice 171 with a pick.

However, this one definitely sits with the coaches.

Our D played excellent early on, our O was moving the ball well, and we got points on the board by running and passing. Second half comes, the Lions make adjustments, but we play to not lose again. We quit what was working in the first half, played soft zone coverage, minimal blitzing, and Stafford made us pay.

Some of those long balls to CJ we just incredible catches by him, hard to fault Griff and Cook too much for those, they had some pretty solid coverage at other times.

Again, our linebackers let us down, our Safeties let us down.

Is anybody here going to try and argue that our OL DOESN'T suck? McNabb seemed to be constantly having to avoid a rusher just to make a throw.

And ladies and Gentlemen, you can FINALLY put me in the "Cut Berrian" Group. Guy is garbage.

skum
09-25-2011, 06:43 PM
Interestingly from what Pete Bercich ( former player and also coach-but what does he know) The adjustments that are being bashed for not happening are almost irrelevant and the problems are solely the result of a lack of execution by the players. I tend to agree with him.

Did the coaches tell McNabb to overthrow Berrian when he was wide open in the end zone on the play that would have put the game away?

I definatly think that the coaches are also to blame, but yes the fact is that McNabb has been put in position to make the throws plenty of times and just misses most of them..

While there are some bad decisions made by the coaches, this game should still have been won if our offense had done what needed..

You can blame the 4th and 1 play as much as you can, but again you can just point to execution and if the offensive line had opened a whole for Gerhart instead of making him cut into another direction, we would have had a first down.

The McNabb overthrow to Berrian was however the worst..

i_bleed_purple
09-25-2011, 06:44 PM
The 4th and 1 was a classic WTF moment.

I called it before the play, "watch, as they run up the gut and get Suh'd"

Well, they did something even stupider, rather than giving it to AP, they ran Gerhart up the gut. FML

thorshammer
09-25-2011, 06:45 PM
This is frustrating. We have not lost a game by more than a touchdown. All three games have been close. Is the glass half empty or half full? I say half full as a lifetime Viking fan. I think the lock out killed us. New coach, new offensive coordinator, new QB. We have played three pretty good teams, based on preseason projections. I hate loosing but we aren't getting blown out. I think we can turn the corner. We will rise from the ashes.

skum
09-25-2011, 06:45 PM
Hardly. McNabb is at least making plays, without many mistakes. TJ threw for a nice 171 with a pick.

However, this one definitely sits with the coaches.

Our D played excellent early on, our O was moving the ball well, and we got points on the board by running and passing. Second half comes, the Lions make adjustments, but we play to not lose again. We quit what was working in the first half, played soft zone coverage, minimal blitzing, and Stafford made us pay.

Some of those long balls to CJ we just incredible catches by him, hard to fault Griff and Cook too much for those, they had some pretty solid coverage at other times.

Again, our linebackers let us down, our Safeties let us down.

Is anybody here going to try and argue that our OL DOESN'T suck? McNabb seemed to be constantly having to avoid a rusher just to make a throw.

And ladies and Gentlemen, you can FINALLY put me in the "Cut Berrian" Group. Guy is garbage.

T-Jack is running for his life back there, i watched most of the game.. His Pick was a Hail Mary at the end of the second half when he under pressure just threw it down there to give his team a chance to score with time running out.

He had a great run for a touchdown and made some plays as well passing.. From what i watched, the Seahawks O-Line is on another level of sucking than ours.

singersp
09-25-2011, 06:48 PM

You haven't forgotten that he only threw for 39 yards in week 1 have you? I think you have.

I don't know about you, but 37 yards passing at the half doesn't sound anything like whooping ass.

Caine
09-25-2011, 06:58 PM
McNabb flat out sucks. No excuses allowed, he sucks.

Our Receivers suck...period.

Our O-Line has moments, but can't seem to maintain...which means they also suck.

And don't get me started on the coaching...

Caine

VikesfaninWis
09-25-2011, 07:00 PM
You do realize of course, you can get NFL Sunday ticket for free, don't you? ;)

No, how do I do that?

LIVike
09-25-2011, 07:05 PM
Really not that much to say. Same as last week. Frazier needs to grow a pair and stick with his decision on that 4th and 1. You have to go for points, if Detroit does score a touch down its only a 1 point game. Jenkins has been more and more impressive each game. The defensive line looked good, 5 sacks on a guy who was pretty much untouched to that point. The amount of bounced passes by McNabb was pathetic. Next week we blow a 24 point lead calling it now.

marshallvike
09-25-2011, 07:06 PM
You haven't forgotten that he only threw for 39 yards in week 1 have you? I think you have.

I don't know about you, but 37 yards passing at the half doesn't sound anything like whooping ass.

well I believe it was 17-7 that first half. I think we have been up about 54-7 after the first half this season.
I am on your side in that it was a waste to bring in DNabb this season. I also would have preferred to see what we had in webb/ponder rather than go for a couple more wins and still miss the playoffs with Donovan. But the fact remains, we are good enough to beat teams in the first half, yet when adjustments are made at halftime, our coaches are left holding their miniscule nuts.

singersp
09-25-2011, 07:07 PM

Hardly?

Passing:

T-Jack: (1-2) 59/77, 60% 527 yards, 2 TD's, 2 INT's

McNabb: (0-3) 47/81, 28%, 478 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT

Funny thing about that INT you are bashing him for...The Seahawks got the ball back on an INT with 0 time left on the clock. They were on the 47 so TJ threw a hail mary to try to put more points on the board. No mistake on TJ's part for that. None whatsoever.

BTW, you neglected to mention that it was TJ's 11 yard TD run that won the game for the Seahawks.

singersp
09-25-2011, 07:13 PM
T-Jack is running for his life back there, i watched most of the game.. His Pick was a Hail Mary at the end of the second half when he under pressure just threw it down there to give his team a chance to score with time running out.

He had a great run for a touchdown and made some plays as well passing.. From what i watched, the Seahawks O-Line is on another level of sucking than ours.

Actually, there was no time on the clock. They intercepted the ball from Arizona with no time remaining, but a penalty gave the Seahawks 1 play, thus the Haily Mary.

But you're right about their O-Line. It's pathetic & much worse than ours.

Caine
09-25-2011, 07:14 PM
Hardly?

Passing:

Funny thing about that INT you are bashing him for...The Seahawks got the ball back on an INT with 0 time left on the clock. They were on the 47 so TJ threw a hail mary to try to put more points on the board. No mistake on TJ's part for that. None whatsoever.

BTW, you neglected to mention that it was TJ's 11 yard TD run that won the game for the Seahawks.

OMG!!!! How far have we sunk when the conversation turns to which QB sucks more - McNabb or Jackson.

THIS is why Jackson will NEVER be a solid NFL QB, he can only ever be favorably compared to shiit QB's...and even then there is a lot of room for debate.

Let it go!!! Jackson sucks. McNabb sucks. Which one sucks worse doesn't help our standing as we'd be 0-3 with Jackson here too.

Caine

singersp
09-25-2011, 07:27 PM
well I believe it was 17-7 that first half. I think we have been up about 54-7 after the first half this season.
I am on your side in that it was a waste to bring in DNabb this season. I also would have preferred to see what we had in webb/ponder rather than go for a couple more wins and still miss the playoffs with Donovan. But the fact remains, we are good enough to beat teams in the first half, yet when adjustments are made at halftime, our coaches are left holding their miniscule nuts.

It was only 17-7 because of Harvin's KO return to start the game. McNabb had nothing to do with it.

I never said it was a waste of time to bring him in here. I felt the Vikings would target someone further down the chain to come in for a year & not pursue McNabb. I had no comment on his abilities either way as I had not watched him play the past season.

What I felt we needed was a good veteran presence for Ponder to learn from & I'm starting to doubt if McNabb is that guy.

He clearly is throwing passes at receivers feet & did blow a pass to a wide open Berrian (not saying Berrian would have caught it anyway) & it wasn't his first. The pass he threw wide on a wide open Jimmy K early in the game was poor too as where the passes that hit the ground short of the receivers feet.

Regardless of what Marrdro thinks, that is not a timing issue.

NeoVikesTX
09-25-2011, 07:30 PM
It's mind-boggling how good we look in the first half, and how awful we look in the second half.

I think it really comes down to the lack of a passing offense. McNabb looks VERY rusty and the receiving corps are pretty bad. Berrian is pretty much non-existent and a waste of a roster spot in my opinion. Harvin is good but not a #1 receiver, and Jenkins has been a pleasant suprise but is only a good possession type receiver.

Defense has played well in my opinion, they just seem to run out of gas in the 2nd half. The offense absolutely comes to a screeching halt in the second half. And that's when the lack of a good passing offense really comes to the forefront. Absolutely need a better passing attack to win in the league.

Coaching is pretty poor also. The 4th down call to Gerhart was as dumb as they come. Plus the 3rd and 1 and we try a pass to Harvin just as the Lions were gaining momentum. Dumb dumb dumb.

Unfortunately I smell the NFC North cellar and a top 10 draft pick. :(

singersp
09-25-2011, 07:31 PM
McNabb flat out sucks. No excuses allowed, he sucks.

Our Receivers suck...period.

Our O-Line has moments, but can't seem to maintain...which means they also suck.

And don't get me started on the coaching...

Caine

Did you feel the coaching sucked? How about that 4th & 1?

singersp
09-25-2011, 07:35 PM
Unfortunately I smell the NFC North cellar and a top 10 draft pick. :(

We're only 13 games away from winning the Andrew Luck sweepstakes. Although because we have Ponder, the Vikings would probably trade that pick away, should we have it.

VikesfaninWis
09-25-2011, 07:41 PM
Singer, how do I get free Sunday Ticket?

marshallvike
09-25-2011, 07:45 PM
We're only 13 games away from winning the Andrew Luck sweepstakes. Although because we have Ponder, the Vikings would probably trade that pick away, should we have it.

We are on pace to score a whopping 32 second half points this year. We need as many picks as we can get.

wingman49
09-25-2011, 07:46 PM
I am 62 and been a Vikings fan for as long as I can remember Bud Grant, Fran Tarkenton, the Purple People Eaters and we couldn't then and we still can't DEFEND AGAINST THE PASS. Our pass defence sucks big time and all the teams know it but the front office refuses to address this need either through the draft, free agency or by trade and until this problem is solved we can make all the excuses we want on why we lose games.

singersp
09-25-2011, 07:48 PM
Singer, how do I get free Sunday Ticket?

Sign up for Direct TV. If you already have Direct TV, threaten to switch to DISH Network unless they give it to you.

VikesfaninWis
09-25-2011, 07:56 PM
Sign up for Direct TV. If you already have Direct TV, threaten to switch to DISH Network unless they give it to you.

Funny, I just got off the phone with some desk geek from Direct TV to switch my service to our new house when we close on it this Friday. The tech that came out not to long ago said to ask for free equipment upgrades which I did today and they wanted to charge me for it.

Now I told them that I am looking around and may go with another company because we have been customers of theirs for many years now and they won't even do for long time customers what they do for new customers. I may switch to Time Warner Cable here in Green Bay though.

VikesFan787
09-25-2011, 07:58 PM
Okay, I know it is HIGHLY unlikely but, are we statistically out of the playoffs already? I heard people talking about it. I just don't see how. I just want a little bit of hope to hold on to.

Please don't make this into a "playoffs already" post. Just asking a question.

VikesfaninWis
09-25-2011, 07:59 PM
Singer, I am sure that only works one season as well huh? :o

VikesfaninWis
09-25-2011, 08:01 PM
Okay, I know it is HIGHLY unlikely but, are we statistically out of the playoffs already? I heard people talking about it. I just don't see how. I just want a little bit of hope to hold on to.

Please don't make this into a "playoffs already" post. Just asking a question.

No, there is no way possible that we are eliminated from the playoffs after 3 weeks. However, there is no way in hell this team is making the playoffs. The division is to tough, and they aren't good enough to get a Wild Card spot, IMO.

VikesFan787
09-25-2011, 08:07 PM
No, there is no way possible that we are eliminated from the playoffs after 3 weeks. However, there is no way in hell this team is making the playoffs. The division is to tough, and they aren't good enough to get a Wild Card spot, IMO.

I hope I get to see Minnesota in the Super Bowl before I die.

VikesfaninWis
09-25-2011, 08:11 PM

All I can say is don't hold your breath. They have been there before just to choke. Seems like the only thing this franchise is really good at is choking, especially in big games.

RK.
09-25-2011, 08:27 PM
I find the talk about Ponder playing silly. Wasn't there a thread during preseason about how Ponder was having trouble playing at NFL speed? That is true for every rookie QB. He would get killed out there right now and make big mistakes and probably wreak his confidence. Ponder is not the answer this year. Play Webb if it comes to that.

As to how to fix this team I don't think it is anything that can be done except by the players themselves. They need to step up their games especially in the second half. Musgrave needs to go. He sucks. I am not ready to throw Frazier under the bus yet. However that could change if he doesn't take charge of this team.

Anyway I don't care because the Vikings are................ whatever.

Just an after thought. I think the real problem is we have too many ex-Eagle personnel on this team. A hold over from Childress.

Purple Floyd
09-25-2011, 08:38 PM
Since we are 5 pages into the pissed off portion of the thread I am going to note the good things that I saw.

First off- If we had one more decent player in the secondary and one decent deep threat I really think we could chalk up a few wins with Ponder.

It should be abundantly clear with the addition of KW on the Dline that we are just fine there. Robison and Allen turned in a performance that was rare for our Dline and the boys in the middle were getting push all day long. Now if we had a bit more depth in the secondary to take advantage of all of that pressure the defense would be much better.

The line is actually getting better. Obviously not where I would like but the QB did have enough time to make plays if he was capable. They were making holes for Peterson and Harvin.

The coaches obviously are taking heat and it does come down to them but they are also playing with less depth than the team has had in a long time. The run on 4th IMHO was not a bad call. They had 1.5 feet to go and Gerhart is a pretty big load and should be able to move the pile that far. If not for some terrible throws and some bad penalties the game was winnable. I would have taken the FG but it was a gutsy call and I will take aggressive calls like that all day because they will eventually start to punch them through and that is better than being conservative any day of the week.

The special teams are really starting to get on a roll. Big returns in both kickoffs and punts are really getting to be exciting to watch.

It sucks that they are losing like this and the team should be sitting with a 3-0 record right now but they are still playing hard, cracking pads and with a few more players they could play with any team. Right now they just have a few too many vulnerable areas especially in the secondary and until we can actually prevent some of these passes from being completed we will continue to have games like this.

MindCrimes67
09-25-2011, 08:40 PM
SERIOUSLY!!! How in the F**# do you lose 3 consecutive games where you have good leads? 20-0 at half and lose.. WOW!!! I blame offensive playcalling and bad QB play. How do you only hand ball off to A.D. 4 times in 2nd half, and not give ball to him on the 4th and a foot. WTF is McNabb throwing out there a weighted football, never seen so many passes in the ground. Im also on the cut Berrian bandwagon. Cut berrian and McNabb and let Webb play this season. Can he do any worse, I dont think he can. At least he can make plays with his running. Im just sick to my stomach. Musgrove couldnt call a high school game.. Horrible playcalling in 2nd half....

singersp
09-25-2011, 09:43 PM

You were close! You got to see the Super Bowl in Minnesota.

12purplepride28
09-25-2011, 11:48 PM
Hardly?

Passing:

I watched the game. It was Neil Racker's shitty kicking that won the Seahawks the game. Tjack didn't have an awful game, but he rarely does. He floats just in between mediocrity and shit, just enough to keep a couple suckers believing he still has it.

12purplepride28
09-25-2011, 11:56 PM
SERIOUSLY!!! How in the F**# do you lose 3 consecutive games where you have good leads? 20-0 at half and lose.. WOW!!! I blame offensive playcalling and bad QB play. How do you only hand ball off to A.D. 4 times in 2nd half, and not give ball to him on the 4th and a foot. WTF is McNabb throwing out there a weighted football, never seen so many passes in the ground. Im also on the cut Berrian bandwagon. Cut berrian and McNabb and let Webb play this season. Can he do any worse, I dont think he can. At least he can make plays with his running. Im just sick to my stomach. Musgrove couldnt call a high school game.. Horrible playcalling in 2nd half....

Woah woah woah, hold up.... AP had 5 carries.

Brewtal
09-25-2011, 11:58 PM
I love being a Vikings fan.

Traveling_Vike
09-26-2011, 12:38 AM
Really? Are you sure? Then do you care to explain how the Lions only got 3 points to tie it on the ensuing drive making it 23-23 instead of the TD to win it 27-23 with no OT required?

They were throwing all over us, but on that drive we made them settle for a FG instead of 7.

Of course I'm not sure. Did you read the rest of my post? I supported the decision to go for it because AT THE TIME it looked like the Lions would not be stopped, and a FG would not do enough for us.

That was the one and only drive in the second half where we did ANYTHING at all. Given that, along with the previous two weeks history to base it on, it appeared to be the right call and I still support it. Just not the play that was run.

Traveling_Vike
09-26-2011, 01:10 AM
In the end, there's a lot of blame to go around. McNabb, Berrian, the Secondary, the O-line, the playcalling, the stupid penalties... almost everyone deserves some of the blame.

For me, though, it comes down to this: we've lost three games in a row in exactly the same way. Forget about halftime adjustments, how about GAME TO GAME adjustments? The players keep coming out fired up and looking like world beaters, and then it all just suddenly turns to shit.

That is a coaching problem, on many levels. Players make mistakes, but coaches are failing to come down on them for it, or replace them. Things that work, we go away from, and things that don't, we keep trying. Guys being "gassed" late in games can be put partly on the shortened training camps, but also partly on the Strength and Conditioning Coaches.

Only AD and our Special Teams have looked consistently good. Everyone else has issues. That again is a coaching problem. When you have problems like these, you need to make changes, not just keep trying the same thing over and over again.

Don;t just stand there, Vikings. Do something!

TheAnimal93
09-26-2011, 01:58 AM
PLENTY OF BLAME TO GO AROUND
Here are some interesting stats that I procured from NFL.com:
D.McNabb= 29th ranked QB....just in front of Luke McCown and Matt Cassel. 58% comp pct 2TD's 1 Int. 159 yds gm. 47-81 comp/att
Top Receiver: Micael Jenkins 15 total catches for 143 yds tied w/nine players for 22nd in league. Next was Percy, tied for 47th, then AP, then Toby, then Shank, then Aroshamadu?, the good old Bernard, coming in at 256th in the league with one catch for 17 yds.
Team Stats: Third in rushing, avg. 159 yds per, 4th in rushing defense with a nice 67 yds per, and 29th in pass defense giving up just under 300 yds per.
AP is avg 19 touches a game, 98yds per.
I think that says it all.
You will find plenty of blame in those stats. For all.
On a lighter note, I have Mike Vick and Matt Hassleback on one of my fantasy teams. Who do you think has had the better season so far? Yea, that Matt Hassleback.

Brewtal
09-26-2011, 03:21 AM
Really had a hard time being fired up for this season when McScab was braught on board. And I guess all I can say is he hasn't dissapointed. Vet QB to finish the game, NOT.

Freya
09-26-2011, 05:13 AM

McNabb is no more singularly responsible for the loss than he would be for a win, and I find the idea that an ENTIRE team would cease to execute for an entire second half about as likely as you think it is about a lack of adjustment.

What it seems to me is that they vikings plan to do the same thing in the second half that they did in the first half (because, HEY, it worked, didn't it?) but fail to take into account that the other team has been paying attention and makes adjustments that interfere with the first half success. The smart attitude would be to expect such an eventuality and counter with a new look. Watch the Patriots play and see what I mean. There is a reason why Belichick is so successful.

ConnecticutViking
09-26-2011, 05:33 AM
At first I was quick to blame McNuggets, surely he is not helping the cause, but he is not the only reason why this team is failing. If you ask me I will tell you that I'm not a GM, but neither is Wilf. That may be the problem.

singersp
09-26-2011, 05:48 AM
I watched the game. It was Neil Racker's shitty kicking that won the Seahawks the game. Tjack didn't have an awful game, but he rarely does. He floats just in between mediocrity and shit, just enough to keep a couple suckers believing he still has it.

In case you haven't grasped it yet, what I'm saying is McNabb played worse than that.

TJ is rated 27th
McNabb is rated 30th

So whatever you think of TJ, lower your expectations 3 notches & you'll have McNabb.

Only two QB's in the league are playing worse than McNabb. Cassel & McCown

Where are the supporters now who have been lobbying for 4 years to bring McNabb to the Vikings?

mamaluke
09-26-2011, 06:09 AM
It has actually gotten to the point where I found myself rooting against the team I have rooted for for the past 43 years. I was at work yesterday, and since I live here in Jersey, had to watch the Giants-Eagles game. But after that game finished they went to Minny to catch the end of the game. Meanwhile I am getting text messages from my good buddy, also a Viking fanatic, who is ready to kill someone or himself watching the 2nd half collapse. I KNEW the Vikings were going to lose once McDouche overthrew Berrian on that last drive where they kicked the FG to tie it up. (Actually I knew they were going to lose even before the game started but that is irrelevant at this point). I was hoping Longwell missed that FG to tie it. Maybe in some sick sort of way I want the Vikes to fall on their faces so they could completely go in the shitter this season and, like a Phoenix rising, somehow rise from the ashes and start anew next year or in a few years. Whatever the hell it takes. What a disgrace!! It is almost like being stuck in a nightmare but you realize it is actually happening. They are the laughing stock of the league and rightfully so. We just suck, no two ways around it!

Marrdro
09-26-2011, 06:30 AM
I don't have time to read everyones posts this morning. Have to get ready to go into the closet for a couple of weeks, however, here is what I think......

Week 3 halftime score
Vikes 20
Lions 0

Week 2 halftime score
Vikes 17
Tampa 0

Week 1 halftime score
Vikes 17
Charges 7

In each instance we pretty much dominated the game not only statistically, but on the field as well.

The team made a few mistakes, but again, the scoreboard shows we were good enough to be winning.

This weekend was the worse. That first half was an ass whoopin like I haven't seen in many a year and then what happened?

Did our CB's forget how to shut down the guys they had shut down the first half?
Did our OL forget how to block well enough to put the same amount of points we put up on the first half?
Did the WR's somehow forget how to get open like they did in the first half?
Did the RB's forget how to find open lanes to run?

Banish the thought. What we have seen each week is a team that came out on fire, played agressive and won the first half only to crawl into itself and go into what looks like a "Prevent" approach to playing the game.

I am 100% convinced this team has the TALENT to go 10-6/11-5 but we sure don't have the coaching staff that will let them.

Watching yesterdays defense, it was like watching Pagac call the first half and Leslie call the second half.

Watching the offense yesterday just left me scratching my head. If you have a scheme that doesn't call for a FB, why oh why, when you need 1 yard do you give the ball to a RB, in a FB position instead of giving it to the best RB playing in the league right now. Don't forget, he did that multiple times yesterday.

Hell, even Shortwell got the ball deep enough for 2 damn TB's. WTF are the coaches thinking?

I will say this, however, I watched real close yesterday to each one of Dnabbs throws. Everyone, unless it was a button hook pattern to to a WR that wasn't moving, was behind and low, unless of course you look at the couple he threw deep. Those were over thrown, AGAIN.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I can tolerate watching a team develop on the fly and accept those mistakes, but what I can't tolerate is to watch a very talented team (THE FIRST HALF SCORES, 3 WEEKS IN A ROW ARE EVIDENCE THAT THEY ARE) get taken out of the game by piss poor coaching.

Leslie, its time to pop your head out of your ass, get a O-coord that knows what he is doing and let coach Pagac keep calling the game like he calls them in the first half instead of reverting to your C2 prevent defense.

singersp
09-26-2011, 06:39 AM
What we have seen each week is a team that came out on fire, played agressive and won the first half only to crawl into itself and go into what looks like a "Prevent" approach to playing the game.

Or have we we witnessed 3 good opponents whose 1st half game plan wasn't working, so they changed it up at half time.

singersp
09-26-2011, 06:41 AM
I don't have time to read everyones posts this morning. Have to get ready to go into the closet...

Say hi to McNabb when you get there.

Marrdro
09-26-2011, 06:45 AM
In the end, there's a lot of blame to go around. McNabb, Berrian, the Secondary, the O-line, the playcalling, the stupid penalties... almost everyone deserves some of the blame.

For the life of me I can't figure out why so many are Blaming BB for the loss. Was he supposed to force the coaches to throw to him more, or when he did get thrown to, throw it to himself so it wasn't over thrown?

Purple Floyd
09-26-2011, 06:47 AM
I don't have time to read everyones posts this morning. Have to get ready to go into the closet for a couple of weeks, however, here is what I think......

Week 3 halftime score
Vikes 20
Lions 0

Week 2 halftime score
Vikes 17
Tampa 0

Week 1 halftime score
Vikes 17
Charges 7

In each instance we pretty much dominated the game not only statistically, but on the field as well.

The team made a few mistakes, but again, the scoreboard shows we were good enough to be winning.

This weekend was the worse. That first half was an ass whoopin like I haven't seen in many a year and then what happened?

Did our CB's forget how to shut down the guys they had shut down the first half?
Did our OL forget how to block well enough to put the same amount of points we put up on the first half?
Did the WR's somehow forget how to get open like they did in the first half?
Did the RB's forget how to find open lanes to run?

Banish the thought. What we have seen each week is a team that came out on fire, played agressive and won the first half only to crawl into itself and go into what looks like a "Prevent" approach to playing the game.

I am 100% convinced this team has the TALENT to go 10-6/11-5 but we sure don't have the coaching staff that will let them.

Watching yesterdays defense, it was like watching Pagac call the first half and Leslie call the second half.

Watching the offense yesterday just left me scratching my head. If you have a scheme that doesn't call for a FB, why oh why, when you need 1 yard do you give the ball to a RB, in a FB position instead of giving it to the best RB playing in the league right now. Don't forget, he did that multiple times yesterday.

Hell, even Shortwell got the ball deep enough for 2 damn TB's. WTF are the coaches thinking?

I will say this, however, I watched real close yesterday to each one of Dnabbs throws. Everyone, unless it was a button hook pattern to to a WR that wasn't moving, was behind and low, unless of course you look at the couple he threw deep. Those were over thrown, AGAIN.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I can tolerate watching a team develop on the fly and accept those mistakes, but what I can't tolerate is to watch a very talented team (THE FIRST HALF SCORES, 3 WEEKS IN A ROW ARE EVIDENCE THAT THEY ARE) get taken out of the game by piss poor coaching.

Leslie, its time to pop your head out of your ass, get a O-coord that knows what he is doing and let coach Pagac keep calling the game like he calls them in the first half instead of reverting to your C2 prevent defense.

You could have saved a lot of internet ink if you would have condensed the post down to the highlighted part.

The QB is paid to make those throws and if he does the coaching, the WR, the OL, the DL and the secondary deficiencies are moot because we win that game.

Every other unit and the coaching staff did enough to win this game but if you have a QB who has enough time and still can't get the ball to a players hands where it needs to be then you are not going to win many games.

Purple Floyd
09-26-2011, 07:02 AM
McNabb is no more singularly responsible for the loss than he would be for a win, and I find the idea that an ENTIRE team would cease to execute for an entire second half about as likely as you think it is about a lack of adjustment.

What it seems to me is that they vikings plan to do the same thing in the second half that they did in the first half (because, HEY, it worked, didn't it?) but fail to take into account that the other team has been paying attention and makes adjustments that interfere with the first half success. The smart attitude would be to expect such an eventuality and counter with a new look. Watch the Patriots play and see what I mean. There is a reason why Belichick is so successful.

You know, I had to listen to the game on KFAN because I was working but I did have it recorded on the DVR so later I was able to go through it play by play and rewind a few plays here and there and it seems to me the d-line certainly executed pretty well today. And as hard as I am on the secondary I thought they did a pretty fine job against a pretty potent offense and we did hold them to season low in points.

The fact remains- If McNabb hits Berrian on that pass play to the end zone we win the game. Period. That point alone to me indicates the rest of the did did enough to win if he just hits a player in the hands. ( Although I know with Berrian that is till not a sealed deal but.

As far as the Patriots- believe me I do watch them as they are my favorite team after the Vikings. They live and die by the play of Brady and yesterday was a prime example. They jumped out to a lead as he threw TD's and then ended up losing as he threw 4 INT's.

But I suppose that loss was also on the coaching then too if those are your standards.

singersp
09-26-2011, 07:49 AM
The fact remains- If McNabb hits Berrian on that pass play to the end zone we win the game. Period. That point alone to me indicates the rest of the did did enough to win if he just hits a player in the hands. ( Although I know with Berrian that is till not a sealed deal but.

If it hits him in the hands & he drops it (high probability), we just end up shifting the blame for the loss from McNabb to Berrian.

TheAnimal93
09-26-2011, 08:01 AM
PLENTY OF BLAME TO GO AROUND
Here are some interesting stats that I procured from NFL.com:
D.McNabb= 29th ranked QB....just in front of Luke McCown and Matt Cassel. 58% comp pct 2TD's 1 Int. 159 yds gm. 47-81 comp/att
Top Receiver: Micael Jenkins 15 total catches for 143 yds tied w/nine players for 22nd in league. Next was Percy, tied for 47th, then AP, then Toby, then Shank, then Aroshamadu?, the good old Bernard, coming in at 256th in the league with one catch for 17 yds.
Team Stats: Third in rushing, avg. 159 yds per, 4th in rushing defense with a nice 67 yds per, and 29th in pass defense giving up just under 300 yds per.
AP is avg 19 touches a game, 98yds per.
I think that says it all.
You will find plenty of blame in those stats. For all.
On a lighter note, I have Mike Vick and Matt Hassleback on one of my fantasy teams. Who do you think has had the better season so far? Yea, that Matt Hassleback.

Animal, good post!! realize that BB being 256th in the league for receptions is NOT a knock on him, its a knock on the coaching staff, not targeting our #1 WR enough maybe? The AP stats are to show the he is getting less 20 carries a game and not getting 100yds a game. And the McNabb stats are mostly to show that it could not be any worse than starting the roookie. So really you can blame who you want....#1 the staff, #2 McNabb. Second half collapses, McChunky not having the wind to make it happen later in games?

VikesFan787
09-26-2011, 09:00 AM
We are NOT using Peterson enough. End of story.

marshallvike
09-26-2011, 09:30 AM
We are NOT using Peterson enough. End of story.

And we are using Musgrove too much. Treat him like Reid treated Chilly. Let him come up with a game plan then sit his ass on the sidelines and someone else call the plays.

Freya
09-26-2011, 09:51 AM
You know, I had to listen to the game on KFAN because I was working but I did have it recorded on the DVR so later I was able to go through it play by play and rewind a few plays here and there and it seems to me the d-line certainly executed pretty well today. And as hard as I am on the secondary I thought they did a pretty fine job against a pretty potent offense and we did hold them to season low in points.

As far as the Patriots- believe me I do watch them as they are my favorite team after the Vikings. They live and die by the play of Brady and yesterday was a prime example. They jumped out to a lead as he threw TD's and then ended up losing as he threw 4 INT's.

But I suppose that loss was also on the coaching then too if those are your standards.

It was NOT McNabb's fault that it got to the point of needing that pass to Berrian.

purpledoom
09-26-2011, 10:12 AM
It was not all McNabb's fault...but his passes were consistently behind recievers and low. On top of that did anyone else think during the sideline camera shots he looked like he was getting gassed in the first half ? Get's me is even the announcers were saying "i'll give up those short passes all day".. I mean wtf...give em all day and guess what they get first downs and then touch downs and you loose. And that seems to be the recipe for all 3 team we have lost to. What's it take to figure that one out !

mamaluke
09-26-2011, 10:26 AM
Where is Brooks Bollinger when you need him? lol. Plenty of blame to go around for sure- Coaches, QB, defense, whatever, it is what it is. I believe the Ponder era has to begin immediately for better or for worse (if worse is possible). Donovan McDouche, as mediocre as he is, is a washed up old a-hole in my humble opinion. His accuracy absolutely sucks. Did you see that great catch Rudolph had to make behind him on that last drive for the tying FG? Than he overthrows a wide open Berrian for a TD that would have put them ahead. I only got to see the last drive and already I saw 2 bonehead throws. The fact is this team is already looking at a possible 3-13 or 4-12 season if they get lucky. Put Ponder in to see if he has what it takes to get us somewhere in the future. I mean other rookie QB's have been thrown into the fire and fared pretty well so let's see what the kid can do. The entire coaching staff should be worried about their jobs and rightfully so. Frazier just seems to me to be a lackluster stiff who just doesn't have what it takes to be a leader. You look at the Patriots or Packers and how well run of a system they have from the top to the bottom from the front office to the coaching and the players they bring in and it makes me so god damn jealous that we have to settle for such ineptitude.

purpledoom
09-26-2011, 10:56 AM
That's the worst part for me. Judging from the first half of games this team should be 3-0 and looking at a good season.

C Mac D
09-26-2011, 11:10 AM
Our team deserved to lose, plain and simple. AD had 12 carries, 73 yards and a TD in the first half... then only saw 5 more touches all game.

Not to mention the coaching staff doesn't seem to understand that McNabb isn't a good quarterback and should be a backup from here on out in his career.

Start Webb, keep Ponder on the bench for now. Sure Webb probably won't play that great, but this team needs some sort of spark. Hell, McNabb doesn't even seem like he cares, he just laughs it off when he horribly overthrows a WR. WTF is that?

But the Bills have been fun to watch this year.

purpledoom
09-26-2011, 11:16 AM
Yea..I took some comfort in the Bill's beating the Pats lol. I don't know how long you can stay with DNabb, not much longer I hope. I still think if you don't have a downfield threat then you can hand off to AD all day and guess what for the most part they're gonna stop him cause they know he's coming. I mean we've been there already with TJack right?

C Mac D
09-26-2011, 11:17 AM

I suppose, but I also credit their last to wins two coaching too in that case. We have zero wins.

Also, Patriots couldn't get their running game going until they started using Stevan Ridley in the 3rd quarter (I believe it was the third). I bet we see a lot more of this Ridley kid this season. It was good coaching to get him involved after the phenomenal preseason he had, rather than continually forcing Woodhead or Green-Ellis to get 2 yards a carry.

bleedpurple
09-26-2011, 12:56 PM
I agree... we have a shitty coaching staff.. Musgrave is horrible... I'd rather we go with Webb than Ponder.. I think you have to find a way to get this dude on the field and I have no idea why he's not playing.. even in some small capacity as a receiver from time to time running deep... I mean, Mcnabb is killing worms left and right.. it's crazy...

Defense is very solid.. but the linebackers can't cover a bed with a bed spread... it's terrible.. with all due respect.. i thought the corners played solid.. they aren't the problem.. it's the OC, QB, and the LB's... oh yeah.. the OL is pretty bad too....

Marrdro
09-26-2011, 02:03 PM
You could have saved a lot of internet ink if you would have condensed the post down to the highlighted part.

The QB is paid to make those throws and if he does the coaching, the WR, the OL, the DL and the secondary deficiencies are moot because we win that game.

Every other unit and the coaching staff did enough to win this game but if you have a QB who has enough time and still can't get the ball to a players hands where it needs to be then you are not going to win many games.
I could see your point if it wasn't for the first half production from the offense that was more than enough to put us into what has been a very comfortable lead.

Again, I saw fault with Dnabbs passing that for the first two weeks I believe was related to timing. It just seems to remain the same and hasn't really gotten any better but I am not going to sit here and say it is the reason we lost leads in the second halfs.

Our inability to produce in the second half can only be attributed to coaching.

Marrdro
09-26-2011, 02:09 PM
Or have we we witnessed 3 good opponents whose 1st half game plan wasn't working, so they changed it up at half time.
Only issue I have with that is for the last two weeks (haven't read his post game comments yet) Leslie has said that they didn't see any significant changes by the other teams when it came to adjustments.

Again, it really comes down to watching the defense. In the first half they play differently than they do in the second half.

In the first halfs we see multiple blitzers on almost every play. In the second half we see very few blitzes and then when we do it is just one extra guy.

In the first half we see CB's, up on the line, pressing in a Zone Press look. In the second half we see them up on the line and then they drop back into a cushion just before the snap.

In the first half we see blitz packages disguised to the point they confuse the QB but in the secon half we see the same old "Mug" look by our LB'rs as two of them mug up on the "A" gaps and then drop back into coverage.

In the end, atleast for me, this team has shown they are talented enough to whoop someone ass and have the gameplan to do it. In the second halfs, it changes.

Marrdro
09-26-2011, 02:12 PM
Did you see that great catch Rudolph had to make behind him on that last drive for the tying FG?
What was even funnier was the S's face. He had the his arms already in the "Cradle" position to catch the ball coming right at him only to have Rudy snatch it at the last moment.

On a side note.....That was an amazing fricken catch by Rudy. I am going to love watching that kid over his career.

MulletMullitia
09-26-2011, 02:16 PM
What in the hell is the point of starting Joe Webb? Are you guys serious? Jesus Christ. We would go 0-16 with this offensive line. Either gut it out with McNabb, or put Ponder in. If you are going to throw the season away, you might as well get Ponder some in-game development. Starting Webb does not benefit this team in any way.

Marrdro
09-26-2011, 02:17 PM
Start Webb, keep Ponder on the bench for now.
Why would you start your 3rd string QB?

One thing to "Ponder"......Maybe we are going to see one of the backups sooner rather than later. If things track with reality, your second string guy gets more reps with the 1's than the 3rd string guy does.

Another thing to "Ponder" if Webb has been getting reps with the "Blazer" package, that is time he isn't on the field practicing with the QB's coach.

Marrdro
09-26-2011, 02:23 PM
What in the hell is the point of starting Joe Webb? Are you guys serious? Jesus Christ. We would go 0-16 with this offensive line. Either gut it out with McNabb, or put Ponder in. If you are going to throw the season away, you might as well get Ponder some in-game development. Starting Webb does not benefit this team in any way.
I'm not saying the OL didn't play without issues cause they did, but they also did well enough to allow Dnabb to get to a second and third read several times yesterday.

Additionally, there were several instances were AD had clear running lanes because either Hutch, Herrera or Sully pulled and sealed the gap.

Heck, on the play were they handed to Toby (3rd and 1), Dnabb and AD faked a pitchout to AD, the blocking scheme actually had it so the only cat AD would have had to beat was the lone LB'r shadowing him. Everyone else was sealed in a nice Zone Trap. Almost to the point it looked to me at first that Dnabb and Toby were the only ones who knew it wasn't gonna go to AD.

In the end I know you are upset with our OL play, but it just isn't that bad. You wanna see bad OL play you need to watch the Iggles and Seahawks.

bleedpurple
09-26-2011, 02:24 PM

One thing to "Ponder"......Maybe we are going to see one of the backups sooner rather than later. If things track with reality, your second string guy gets more reps with the 1's than the 3rd string guy does.

Another thing to "Ponder" if Webb has been getting reps with the "Blazer" package, that is time he isn't on the field practicing with the QB's coach.

I would start Webb for the sheer simple fact that he's more athletic behind that bad offensive line... and I'd want to be absolutely sure that I exhaust all possibility of him being the future before I put Ponder in there...

Ponder could be the future.. (i doubt it) But I'd wanna make sure Webb wasn't the answer before I put Ponder in... if Ponder fails.. do I go to webb?? look for another QB?... Webb is in his second year... At least by going to Webb i don't think you send a message to the team that we're playing for next year... Ponder you clearly do that...

We won some games with Webb last year... that's why you play him over Ponder..

Marrdro
09-26-2011, 02:29 PM
I would start Webb for the sheer simple fact that he's more athletic behind that bad offensive line... and I'd want to be absolutely sure that I exhaust all possibility of him being the future before I put Ponder in there...

Ponder could be the future.. (i doubt it) But I'd wanna make sure Webb wasn't the answer before I put Ponder in... if Ponder fails.. do I go to webb?? look for another QB?... Webb is in his second year... At least by going to Webb i don't think you send a message to the team that we're playing for next year... Ponder you clearly do that...

We won some games with Webb last year... that's why you play him over Ponder..
All good points my friend.

Only discussion point I would offer back is if this staff thought Webb was the future they wouldn't have made Ponder #2 on the depth chart and they surely wouldn't have reached for Ponder in the draft.

On a side note, I'm curious why you don't thing Ponder can be the future. Leading up to the draft, I would have rather had Gabbert, but since the draft, I am now on the Ponder bandwagon.

Seems to be very smart, unflapable, athletic and can make, (with some discussion by some on possibly having troubles with deep throws) every throw.

C Mac D
09-26-2011, 04:26 PM

You mean we're not already?

C Mac D
09-26-2011, 04:26 PM

So you'd rather put our expensive first round draft pick behind that line? or McNabb? No thanks.

Purple Floyd
09-26-2011, 04:37 PM
If it hits him in the hands &amp; he drops it (high probability), we just end up shifting the blame for the loss from McNabb to Berrian.<br><br>Yep. That would be the case

Freakout
09-26-2011, 04:40 PM
So you'd rather put our expensive first round draft pick behind that line? or McNabb? No thanks.

And if the line doesn't change between now and next year? Do we keep Ponder on the bench two years in a row?

Maybe it is just me but I am not confident that our management will fix our O-line.

Purple Floyd
09-26-2011, 04:46 PM
And if the line doesn't change between now and next year? Do we keep Ponder on the bench two years in a row?

Maybe it is just me but I am not confident that our management will fix our O-line.

Great point.

MulletMullitia
09-26-2011, 05:23 PM

Yep. Well first of all, I'd keep McNabb back there. We are paying him a lot of money. And he will be a lot more successful than Joe Webb would be. If I had to make a change, it would be for Ponder. Starting Webb would be worthless.

C Mac D
09-26-2011, 06:37 PM
Yep. Well first of all, I'd keep McNabb back there. We are paying him a lot of money. And he will be a lot more successful than Joe Webb would be. If I had to make a change, it would be for Ponder. Starting Webb would be worthless.

Haha... because we're winning so many games with McNabb.

MulletMullitia
09-26-2011, 06:52 PM
Haha... because we're winning so many games with McNabb.

Yeah I'm sure we'd win a lot more games with our 3rd string quarterback. Maybe you should make a billboard petition. We sound like Broncos fans. This is embarrassing.

C Mac D
09-26-2011, 06:55 PM
Yeah I'm sure we'd win a lot more games with our 3rd string quarterback. Maybe you should make a billboard petition. We sound like Broncos fans. This is embarrassing.

You realize we haven't won any games with McNabb... right?

MulletMullitia
09-26-2011, 07:11 PM
You realize we haven't won any games with McNabb... right?

You do realize that he only has 1 turnover in 3 games right? He's not our biggest problem. Not to mention that we have Brad Childress 2.0 calling the offense. How many turnovers do you think Joe Webb would have through 3 games? Donovan is not costing this team games. He's not helping to put games away, but he isn't losing them by himself either.

Purple Floyd
09-26-2011, 07:47 PM
You do realize that he only has 1 turnover in 3 games right? He's not our biggest problem. Not to mention that we have Brad Childress 2.0 calling the offense. How many turnovers do you think Joe Webb would have through 3 games? Donovan is not costing this team games. He's not helping to put games away, but he isn't losing them by himself either.

A supposed Pro Bowl QB that is supposedly rated as highly as he is does not throw the ball over, behind or at the feet of the guys who are supposed to catch the ball. His accuracy thus far is even worse than I thought it would be and I think you know that I didn't rate it too high.

If a QB can't make those throws in the second half and generate a few first downs to keep the defense off the field and give the offense more opportunities to get the ball to the most electrifying back in the league then he really shouldn't be out there. The OL gave him time often enough to make plays and the WR's were actually open enough to win this game if the ball was delivered where it should have been.

Having a low INT ratio can mean you are just not trying to make plays as much as anything and that is what I see just like it was with Jackson.

MulletMullitia
09-26-2011, 08:03 PM
A supposed Pro Bowl QB that is supposedly rated as highly as he is does not throw the ball over, behind or at the feet of the guys who are supposed to catch the ball. His accuracy thus far is even worse than I thought it would be and I think you know that I didn't rate it too high.

If a QB can't make those throws in the second half and generate a few first downs to keep the defense off the field and give the offense more opportunities to get the ball to the most electrifying back in the league then he really shouldn't be out there. The OL gave him time often enough to make plays and the WR's were actually open enough to win this game if the ball was delivered where it should have been.

Having a low INT ratio can mean you are just not trying to make plays as much as anything and that is what I see just like it was with Jackson.

I'm not saying that he is still an all-star. Or that he is our answer at QB. But I am saying that it would be completely retarded to put our 3rd string QB in for him. If we are going to go another direction before the end of the year, then put in our 1st round draft pick. I'd rather him still develop for a year before starting, but I'd rather throw him in early than start Joe Webb for no reason. Do people honestly believe that Joe Webb would be more successful than Donovan McNabb? Wow. We wouldn't win 3 games with Joe Webb at QB behind this O-line and piss poor receiving core.

Purple Floyd
09-26-2011, 08:15 PM
I'm not saying that he is still an all-star. Or that he is our answer at QB.

I will just say this: If he is the answer I sure don't like the question.:rofl:

But I am saying that it would be completely retarded to put our 3rd string QB in for him.

I am of the opinion it was retarded to waste a draft pick and 5 Million on him so that may just even things out.

If we are going to go another direction before the end of the year, then put in our 1st round draft pick.

I would be game for that. I predicted before the season we would see him by game 4 but it appears Leslie is going to take the bullet for him as long as he can.

I'd rather him still develop for a year before starting,

I would too if we were in a situation where we had a QB on the roster that had been here for a while and could competently run the team while he developed but we don't have that situation here.

but I'd rather throw him in early than start Joe Webb for no reason. Do people honestly believe that Joe Webb would be more successful than Donovan McNabb?

As in would Webb be worse that 0-3 right now? I highly doubt it. I do think he would be more exciting and more entertaining to watch and if we are losing that might be the only salvation we get. I do think he would be more aggressive at getting the ball down the field and I do think he is more accurate with his throws.

Wow. We wouldn't win 3 games with Joe Webb at QB behind this O-line and piss poor receiving core.

We might not win 3 with the guy we have in there right now.

I do feel however that even with McNabb in there at QB that we will win at KC and possibly in dominant fashion because they are a shambles.

MulletMullitia
09-26-2011, 08:25 PM
I do feel however that even with McNabb in there at QB that we will win at KC and possibly in dominant fashion because they are a shambles.
I disagree about the KC game. That is a trap game if I've ever seen one. They played San Diego even closer than we did this week. Arrowhead stadium is also the loudest venue in the country. Our team morale could not be any lower. On paper, we should destroy that team. But I don't think we do. I think we go 0-4. Without a first half lead this time.

Purple Floyd
09-26-2011, 08:30 PM
Not to derail the thread but isn't Washington 2-0 under Grossman and beating the Cowboys as we speak? Food for thought through 2 weeks:

Rex Grossman (http://www.nfl.com/players/rexgrossman/profile?id=GRO597298)

MulletMullitia
09-26-2011, 08:51 PM
Not to derail the thread but isn't Washington 2-0 under Grossman and beating the Cowboys as we speak? Food for thought through 2 weeks:

Rex Grossman (http://www.nfl.com/players/rexgrossman/profile?id=GRO597298)

I hope he can keep it up. I've met the guy. He's really cool. His first cousin is one of my best friends. Always had the talent. I hope he can keep it together above the shoulders. That's always been his downfall.

5vikingsrule6
09-27-2011, 12:32 AM
It took me almost 2 days before I wanted to come here and face PPO. I figured i'd be more level headed and not crazy drunk anger typing.

Main thing we need to do. KEEP PLAYING THROUGH THE SECOND HALF.

Stop playing lets hold the lead and be slow the whole second half. Then once the other team catches up our team is cold and not where they should be.

QB - F
RB - B+
WR - F (percy gets a A)
TE- D
OL- C
DL- B+ ( K williams back helped our d line)
LB - F
CB - c+ (Cook played ok..)
S - F

It is sad that we have so much talent on your team and we cant use it to win games. I called our 2nd qtr crumble right when we went into half time.

Vikings need to either fire all coaching staff and just take away the whole childress era. OR start Ponder. Can't get any worse let the FSU guy play.

Webby
09-27-2011, 12:41 AM
It took me almost 2 days before I wanted to come here and face PPO. I figured i'd be more level headed and not crazy drunk anger typing.

Stop playing lets hold the lead and be slow the whole second half. Then once the other team catches up our team is cold and not where they should be.

QB - F
RB - B+
WR - F (percy gets a A)
TE- D
OL- C
LB - F
S - F

It is sad that we have so much talent on your team and we cant use it to win games. I called our 2nd qtr crumble right when we went into half time.

Vikings need to either fire all coaching staff and just take away the whole childress era. OR start Ponder. Can't get any worse let the FSU guy play.

Nice take 5v6.

singersp
09-27-2011, 05:39 AM

QB - F
RB - B+
WR - F (percy gets a A)
TE- D
OL- C
LB - F
S - F

I wouldn't have been so harsh on the TE's

Jimmy K was open on some poor passes from McNabb & also had at least 1 key block at the 40 that sprang Harvin (I believe it was) for a lot of extra yards.

K-Rud continues to impress, catching almost everything thrown his way, including bad passes as we witnessed yet again on Sunday.

Shiancoe caught the TD pass from a frantic McNabb.

Marrdro
09-27-2011, 06:17 AM
<br><br>Yep. That would be the case
The problem is, even though our good friend Singer has tried for the last 3 weeks to lay this at Berrians feet, he can't cause the ball didn't hit him in the hands and he didn't drop it.

The QB over threw him. :haha:

singersp
09-27-2011, 06:36 AM
The problem is, even though our good friend Singer has tried for the last 3 weeks to lay this at Berrians feet, he can't cause the ball didn't hit him in the hands and he didn't drop it.

The QB over threw him. :haha:

Not this week. McNabb clearly missed him this week & Berrian appeared to be where he should have been in his routes, unlike the past two weeks.

Also keep in mind even if the ball is on target, there's no guarantee lobster boy catches it.

However, he sure screwed up the last play of the 4th quarter by not going out of bounds so we could kick a game winning FG. Had that not been a forward lateral, that bone-head move of his cost us a win.

Marrdro
09-27-2011, 06:44 AM
Not this week. McNabb clearly missed him this week & Berrian appeared to be where he should have been in his routes, unlike the past two weeks.

However, he sure screwed up the last play of the game by not going out of bounds so we could kick a winning FG. Had that not been a forward lateral, that bone-head move of his cost us the game.
Your worse than my brother Mike. Dnabb has missed him on every deep throw he has thrown this whole season. Hell, he missed him twice (didn't even even throw it to him) against the Lions when he was wide open. Instead opting to throw into double coverage.

In short, he's been pretty good on his routes and has been open several times, not his fault the QB is mucking things up with respect to the passing game.

Of course, if the coaches weren't dicking around trying to be fancy with their play calling, we wouldn't have been in that situation anyways.

For the life of me I can't figure out why they go back to the C2 (rush 4) concept in the second half especially since we have seen that the Zone Press with Griff and Cook basically shut recievers down.

singersp
09-27-2011, 06:51 AM
Dnabb has missed him on every deep throw he has thrown this whole season.

Again, has he always truly missed him or has McNabb thrown the ball on some of those passes to where BB was supposed to be, but BB was a step to slow?

BB needs to get separation, not dragging a defender at his heels.

How well did he do when McNabb wasn't throwing to him & Favre was?

singersp
09-27-2011, 07:18 AM

jargomcfargo
09-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Should 0-3 be a big surprise?
Did anyone honestly think this team was going to superbowl or even playoffs?
What's with all the high expectations for this year? Denial!

New Head coach, offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator,and special teams coach.

New offensive system without an off-season program.

Inexperienced coaching staff. No GM. And handcuffed in free agency due to no cap room, because of the 'all-in' gamble the past two Favre years.

Frazier won't say it but it's a rebuild. And so far I like a lot of the things I'm seeing.

Next year McNabb will be gone as will Berrian, the line will improve, and we will have an opportunity to aquire some more good young players.

Musgrave will learn that it's ok to trick the other team, but only occasionally. There is nothing wrong with lining up and physically beating your opponent.
When you have AD there is no shame in letting your O-Line pound on the defense in the second half. That's why we have those 2 and 3 tight end sets.

Pagac can't blitz play after play in the heat and humidity and expect his players to have anything left in the second half. Of course if the offense could get a first down or two it would help.

The coaches will learn from their mistakes.

I'm seeing some promise in this team that will take about 2 more years to be good.

Like Zeus, I have 4-12 expectations for this year. That gives me hope for the future despite the futility of an 0-3 start.

We need to give them all time to learn.

Traveling_Vike
09-27-2011, 10:48 PM
While I agree with most of what you've said, I am still pissed off about our performance.

It's not that we are 0-3. It's HOW we ended up there. The first halves of all three games show that we have the talent and skills to match up with any team in this league. The second halves, for three straight weeks, show the reluctance to use those talents and skills properly.

I actually predicted us to start very slowly, 1-3 after four weeks, but come on strong later in the season for an 8-8 final record, maybe 9-7 with a bit of luck. KC was not the game I expected us to win, but with their problems it might end up that way.

So again, it's not the record that bothers me, it's the pattern.