PDA

View Full Version : Old Timers

RainbowHawk
09-24-2011, 08:36 PM
How many of our Purple Pride fans are old timers who like to see these guys that are still young but old for the game bring us to our feet? My memories of playing the game go back to before WWII. So watching now and being a Vikings fan I kind of like the Favre/McNabb experience even though they don't take us where we want to go. I realize that this is another side of the game when old timers like me enjoy people like McNabb and Kurt Warner doing their thing. Are there any others of you that enjoy imagining that you are out there with them? I think I am probably the oldest PPO member at 88yrs. Am I right?

Webby
09-24-2011, 08:59 PM
SKOL! Wow, our oldest member is 70..you are the King!

When I am 88, given the team remains Minnesota, I plan to keep cheering.

battleaxe4cheese
09-24-2011, 11:12 PM
Purple Yoda! :bow:

i_bleed_purple
09-24-2011, 11:44 PM
The force is strong with this one.

Traveling_Vike
09-25-2011, 12:39 AM
Wow, that is awesome. And to think, at a mere 47, I have been feeling old lately...

I've never been particularly athletic, so I never really envisioned myself playing the game, but I have roamed the sidelines as an equipment manager, and for me, nothing compares to that up-close excitement.

Welcome to the family.

singersp
09-25-2011, 07:34 AM
Wow! 88 years of knowledge! You got to respect that! Not many people your age even attempt to use a computer. I compliment & salute you sir.

52 here, but never played the game outside of junior high. At 5'6", I wasn't blessed with the physical size to play the game, but desired tom play it.

I'm old enough to remember Fran, Mick & "Boom Boom" playing, but too young to remember McElhenny, Mason & Flately playing. Although, I do have a Hugh McElhenny signed Vikings helmet.

Welcome to PP.O! Enjoy! It's a great community.

At what level did you play football last?

gregair13
09-25-2011, 10:47 AM
Welcome to the site for sure. We need some more old school members to keep us youngins in line.

RainbowHawk
10-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Well I guess we are all looking for some kind of juice to emerge from the team when their on the field.
I know I'm in danger of getting older by the week watching our Vikings on the field. I can't afford this too much longer.

Maybe I need to go back to the Lions as that is where I played ball at Michigan in 1942. But then I worry about loyalty to my Viking family. What should we do? :)

Purple Floyd
10-04-2011, 03:51 PM
I say you go whip them into shape and get them to win a darn SB for you.

Personally watching players play past their prime does nothing for me. I can watch Pro's Vs. Joe's to fill that void.

But I do think it would be cool to see them come out for one game a year wearing those leather helmets and sweaters.

missvikes
10-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Welcome RainbowHawk!! :bow:

jessejames09
10-04-2011, 05:08 PM
That's awesome... I feel like I'm going back in time when I see Bill Walsh's 49er's. The great 90's cowboys aren't even a real memory for me. Sure I've seen the highlights a million times but they won their last Superbowl in 1996 when I was 5 years old.

You've probably seen offenses 95% of football fans today wouldn't even have a name for. And the players... I can't imagine what it would have been like to watch Deacon Jones, Night Train Lane, Johnny Unitas or even Jim Brown in their hey-day. They're actual legends in my eyes.

Looking forward to your posts to say the least.