PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL: Bucs post game thread

Purple Floyd
09-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Wow

Caine
09-18-2011, 02:58 PM
I can't really point a finger here...so many areas of breakdown. So much suckage.

We need receivers and TE's who can actually catch - that would go a long way to improving the problem.

We need a QB who can throw above ankle height.

We need a coach who can actually call a game.

We need a Defense that can stop people in the 2nd half.

We need....

...so many things.

Caine

NordicNed
09-18-2011, 02:58 PM
Another 4th Quarter meltdown...Need to learn to play all 4quarters, not 3

Purple Floyd
09-18-2011, 03:00 PM
OK

Who was it that was saying we are in great shape to be 4-1 after week 5?

I think it should be getting a lot clearer what I have been saying for the past 2 months. We do not have the depth to compete for the playoffs and we lack depth on the team which makes trading a future pick for McNabb an unwise move.

We need to get all of the picks we can and start to prepare for a total rebuild of the roster because this dog aint hunting this year.

Lets forget about how many games we will win and concentrate what we want the team to look like next year and into the future. IMHO we need to start with getting a real football GM and let that person evaluate the coaching staff and build it as he sees fit. Then he needs to put together a young roster of talented players and not blow the bank on FA to try to plug holes.

Andrew Luck anyone?

Purple Floyd
09-18-2011, 03:04 PM
2-0 only means we can't go 15-1

scone
09-18-2011, 03:05 PM
time to forget about the vikes for the year.... cant watch this crap anymore

BadlandsVikings
09-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Fire Frasier

jessejames09
09-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Immediate reaction. It's on the coaching staffs shoulders. Leslie and Coach Morris played a game of chicken regarding the clock at the end of the game and Leslie came out looking dumb. They're at about our 10 yard line at the 2 minute warning, and they're running the ball. Why not call time-outs. Everybody and their mom could see they were about to tie the game at the very least. Hell the commentators were practically creaming their pants at the thought of another Freeman comeback win. We never even got the chance to call a timeout because we only had 24 seconds left by the time clock management chicken was over with.

Maybe I'm biased after a loss, and by that I mean just angry, but at the end of the game we got out coached.

Freakout
09-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Talk about a team losing focus.

Penalties and mistakes killed us in the second half. You stop them on a 3rd down only to be offside and then they get a big completion. We move the ball then Peterson gets called for holding, Loadholt gets a penalty. Jared allen stupidly roughing the passer, Robison jumps off sides.

It is the same old tiresome bullshit.

I did not feel that the offense played bad. We were moving the ball but in the second half we kept shooting ourselves in foot. You get a good drive going and suddenly it is 3rd and 19.

Freeman was having all day in that 4th quarter. In the scheme we play, if our front 4 are getting no pressure then it becomes almost comical. It looks like we are playing a soft prevent defense.

jessejames09
09-18-2011, 03:09 PM

lol nice first post.

VikesFan787
09-18-2011, 03:12 PM
I am so sick of the zone defense. Also, I feel so bad for Peterson.

Stonecoldet3
09-18-2011, 03:13 PM
This defense misses Kevin Williams. No pressure up the middle during the second half.

Freakout
09-18-2011, 03:16 PM
This defense misses Kevin Williams. No pressure up the middle during the second half.

Big time but it is not just Kevin. We need a stud DT because Kevin himself is getting age on him.

Mr Anderson
09-18-2011, 03:19 PM
I had to watch on a crappy stream, can someone enlighten me to what happened on the Allen roughing the passer call? That set up a TD and the ref's explanation of "he lowered his shoulder into the QB" really does not work for me.

Also, 3rd and 9, what was that pass to Aromashodu? Why didn't we use any timeouts? You can't take them home with you.

I don't know if it's lack of adjustment in the playcalling or if players just got comfortable... either way it's totally unacceptable. I'm gonna need to rewatch this game. I can't even remember what happened in the second half, all I know is there's marks on my carpet from my jaw dragging on the floor.... god damnit.

I really don't know how a team can look so dominant in the first half and so pathetically hopeless in the second.

Time to drink heavily, maybe cry a little.

battleaxe4cheese
09-18-2011, 03:20 PM
What the? Nice adjustments by the coaching staff for the second game in a row. Bernard is the worst. No pressure in second half. Stupid penalties.

Were flat outcoached and outplayed in second half. A pattern has been established. We get to play the lions next week? Should be ugly.

Donny and his "wormburner" throws weren't helping either.

Jereamiah
09-18-2011, 03:20 PM
Only got to see Red Zone stuff, so I didnt get a feel for the play calling. But the outcome screams laziness to me. Someone please tell the coaching staff that the game lasts FOUR quarters. Please. Inexcusable. Blowing a 17 point lead? Really? This team has been on the same old merry-go-round and it won't change till the team culture changes. For example: Meathead, Chilly, Frazier? Macmahon, Moon, Cunningham, George, Favre and Mcnabb. Brad Johnson was developed by the team, leaves, and promptly wins a ring. Moon and Cunningham were great. Still didnt get the team over the hump. Management. Bottom line. It stinks. The formula isnt working. I will be in the field alot this season, and I was worried I might miss a great season. Well, this one, so far, is just a carbon copy.

VikesfaninWis
09-18-2011, 03:22 PM
The Vikings are a f'n joke. The entire coaching staff and half the roster needs to go before this team starts winning again. This WCO is useless, as the players running it and the coaches coaching it are. The NFL Sunday Ticket is going bye bye tomorrow as I am sick and tired of watching this tired ass team play without a heart. Two weeks in a row you have a good lead going into the half just to piss it away. No more for this guy, I am done with this team.

Freakout
09-18-2011, 03:27 PM
I had to watch on a crappy stream, can someone enlighten me to what happened on the Allen roughing the passer call? That set up a TD and the ref's explanation of "he lowered his shoulder into the QB" really does not work for me.

Allen was clearly late on the hit. Ball was out of Freeman's hands too long and JA still ran into him.

Mr Anderson
09-18-2011, 03:28 PM
Allen was clearly late on the hit. Ball was out of Freeman's hands too long and JA still ran into him.
Ok, thanks.

battleaxe4cheese
09-18-2011, 03:29 PM
Oline did a better job this week, better throw a positive in there.

Mark_The_Viking
thats crazy talk, we well come good just like the lions

Jereamiah
The Vikings are a f'n joke. The entire coaching staff and half the roster needs to go before this team starts winning again. This WCO is useless, as the players running it and the coaches coaching it are. The NFL Sunday Ticket is going bye bye tomorrow as I am sick and tired of watching this tired ass team play without a heart. Two weeks in a row you have a good lead going into the half just to piss it away. No more for this guy, I am done with this team. So who ya gonna follow now? LOL. I was a vikes nut for many years. My following weeks outlook depended on how the team did. Then I went to Korea and missed a season. Before that, I remember sitting in a room with 3oo other guys and the Drill Sgts wheeled in a tv and I watched as the Eagles bounced the vikes from the playoffs. LOL. Strangly enough, I wasn't that upset. I had other worries. :) Anyway, step back, chill, watch some baseball or something, and come back again later. who knows? They might get better. LOL.

marshallvike
09-18-2011, 03:32 PM
On a positive note. If Luck stays healthy, we should be able to pick up an extra first rounder trading out of the first spot next spring.

Stonecoldet3
09-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Oline did a better job this week, better throw a positive in there.

I also liked how well our CB's played the past 2 games. Should only improve a bit with Kevin WIlliams returning and are, hopefully, able to create more pressure up the middle.

12purplepride28
09-18-2011, 03:40 PM
Fire frasier

gregair13
09-18-2011, 03:41 PM
Our team blows because of not having OTAs. With a new head coach and new quarterback and missing receivers we needed that time to practice. Since we did not have it, we are struggling because of it.

Thankfully, AP is a freaking beast and he will ensure that we do not go 0-16. Our defence will find a way to steal a game or two for us as well. We actually aren't that bad of a team, but we are not going to win next week either. Lions are going to freaking roll on us.

norsefan
09-18-2011, 03:48 PM
Two games in a row we get Big Back-ed to death. San Diego did it, now the Bucs ran Blount at us the whole second half. Our Defense looked beat up and woozy in the 4th Q. Bernard Berrian needs to be CUT. I heard the FOX Announcer say during the next to last drive that the Vikings needed to pass to him "Deep". Then they said kind of like (ooops) - he is not on the Field. Why was he not on the Field? Hurt again, or just not valued by the Coaches. He is our Dean of WRs, #1 paid by far, is declining in speed, and he cannot catch a ball. He is not even a good decoy any more. 4 Targets for 1 catch. What kind of production is that for a Team's #1 WR?

AngloVike
09-18-2011, 03:48 PM
Ok where to start?
Second week on the trot we get outplayed and outcoached in the second half. The Bucs made their adjustments at half time and looks like we didn't, or were we that cocky that we didn't think that we would see anything different from the Bucs after the half ?

OL started better but had all sorts of problems when the passrush came on fuller - especially when it's no secret that on 3rd and long we were likely to pass and so should be expecting blitzes etc. Play calling looked to get conservative early in the second which let Tampa get their rhythm going and get back into the game. Incidentally credit to them for the onside kick, very smart and well called.

RBs - AP, Harvin and Gerhart played well and had some good plays, especially when they were dragging defenders with them.
WR - Jenkins had some nice catches as did Shianco. Berrian, really why does he bother getting suited up? He wouldn't scare a scaredy cat in a haunted house, let alone NFL DBs. Defences can afford to let him be as there is no danger of a serious threat coming from him and lets them move a DB up to cover someone else.

DL - again got some good pressure on earlier but suffered later in the game. I think not having Pat or KWill in the middle is making it easier for teams to run down the middle at us. Hopefully that won't be so easy withh KWill back next week.

QB - some good passes and smart plays from McNabb but he is suffering with not having a deep threat to go to IMO. He was much better than last week but is it enough for what we need this season? Something we will have to wait another couple of weeks to see.

My main concern is the coaching and adjustments, or lack of, in the second half. That falls on Frazier and his OC/DC squarely. OC needs to buck his ideas up and Pagac needs to stop the soft zone/prevent schemes that we are seeing out on the field as they don't work !!

Jereamiah
09-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Our team blows because of not having OTAs. With a new head coach and new quarterback and missing receivers we needed that time to practice. Since we did not have it, we are struggling because of it.

Thankfully, AP is a freaking beast and he will ensure that we do not go 0-16. Our defence will find a way to steal a game or two for us as well. We actually aren't that bad of a team, but we are not going to win next week either. Lions are going to freaking roll on us. Oh yah? OH YAH??? ARRRRGHGGHGHHG. Wait, Now that I thought about it....You are correct sir. :) Lolooololololoo

Webby
09-18-2011, 03:52 PM

The Wild start this week. Go WILD!

Webby
09-18-2011, 04:03 PM
Ok where to start?
Second week on the trot we get outplayed and outcoached in the second half. The Bucs made their adjustments at half time and looks like we didn't, or were we that cocky that we didn't think that we would see anything different from the Bucs after the half ?

OL started better but had all sorts of problems when the passrush came on fuller - especially when it's no secret that on 3rd and long we were likely to pass and so should be expecting blitzes etc. Play calling looked to get conservative early in the second which let Tampa get their rhythm going and get back into the game. Incidentally credit to them for the onside kick, very smart and well called.

RBs - AP, Harvin and Gerhart played well and had some good plays, especially when they were dragging defenders with them.
WR - Jenkins had some nice catches as did Shianco. Berrian, really why does he bother getting suited up? He wouldn't scare a scaredy cat in a haunted house, let alone NFL DBs. Defences can afford to let him be as there is no danger of a serious threat coming from him and lets them move a DB up to cover someone else.

DL - again got some good pressure on earlier but suffered later in the game. I think not having Pat or KWill in the middle is making it easier for teams to run down the middle at us. Hopefully that won't be so easy withh KWill back next week.

QB - some good passes and smart plays from McNabb but he is suffering with not having a deep threat to go to IMO. He was much better than last week but is it enough for what we need this season? Something we will have to wait another couple of weeks to see.

My main concern is the coaching and adjustments, or lack of, in the second half. That falls on Frazier and his OC/DC squarely. OC needs to buck his ideas up and Pagac needs to stop the soft zone/prevent schemes that we are seeing out on the field as they don't work !!

Anglo, I have to call you on the adjustments. Each team does adjustments at half...it just depends how well the players understand and execute...and hope your executions don't dovetail into the opponents adjustments negating any gain.

Jereamiah
09-18-2011, 04:05 PM
Two games in a row we get Big Back-ed to death. San Diego did it, now the Bucs ran Blount at us the whole second half. Our Defense looked beat up and woozy in the 4th Q. Bernard Berrian needs to be CUT. I heard the FOX Announcer say during the next to last drive that the Vikings needed to pass to him "Deep". Then they said kind of like (ooops) - he is not on the Field. Why was he not on the Field? Hurt again, or just not valued by the Coaches. He is our Dean of WRs, #1 paid by far, is declining in speed, and he cannot catch a ball. He is not even a good decoy any more. 4 Targets for 1 catch. What kind of production is that for a Team's #1 WR? LOl. Nice turn of phrase. "Big-backed....." I once got "big-backed" near to death by this chick I met in Seoul.......:)

AngloVike
09-18-2011, 04:16 PM
Anglo, I have to call you on the adjustments. Each team does adjustments at half...it just depends how well the players understand and execute...and hope your executions don't dovetail into the opponents adjustments negating any gain.

That may be the case but from what I saw today then we must have done the latter as it looked to me that were not countering them and had no idea of what to do to stop them getting back into the game.

TheAnimal93
09-18-2011, 04:32 PM
Unfortunately this is what happens when you have a McCrap lead offense. No zip, no pow. How would the game look without AD?

JeffSeimon
09-18-2011, 04:34 PM
It's just week two. Two losses they clearly should have won vs pretty fair opponents.
Kevin Williams back,and another week to shore up the mistakes. I think the Vikings will play 4 quarters and beat a tough Lions team in week 3.
Week 2 is too early to throw in the towel.
Just my .02 cents

Mark_The_Viking
09-18-2011, 04:42 PM
right now, there is no way we beat the Lions. They are on a roll full of confidence and a QB who is firing on all 12 cylinders

Purple Floyd
09-18-2011, 04:42 PM
If it makes you feel any better the team we gave the game away to last week is getting beat prett convincingly by the Pats today.

Purple Floyd
09-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Unfortunately this is what happens when you have a McCrap lead offense. No zip, no pow. How would the game look without AD?

+1

Jereamiah
09-18-2011, 04:47 PM
It's just week two. Two losses they clearly should have won vs pretty fair opponents.
Kevin Williams back,and another week to shore up the mistakes. I think the Vikings will play 4 quarters and beat a tough Lions team in week 3.
Week 2 is too early to throw in the towel.
Just my .02 cents Interesting......Peterson will run for 3 TD's, get the team up by 21, then benched. The coaching staff will then have McFATTy throw 29 dumpoffs in a row. Three of which will be returned for td's. Harvin will then fumble the kick return in the last minute, allowing the Lions to capatalize with a td and just for kicks, a two pointer. :) My two cents. Frazier then gets fired and Wilf hires the assistant grounds-keeper as HC.

12purplepride28
09-18-2011, 05:20 PM
How many damn balls is Tyrell going to get his hands on before he makes an impact play?

MulletMullitia
09-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Just wrote out a response for 15 minutes. Like 10 pages long. But I deleted it. I need to cool off. I'll be back in a few hours to try to make sense of this.

Purple Floyd
09-18-2011, 05:31 PM
Just wrote out a response for 15 minutes. Like 10 pages long. But I deleted it. I need to cool off. I'll be back in a few hours to try to make sense of this.

lol

Webby
09-18-2011, 06:11 PM

Love the Animal!

Webby
09-18-2011, 06:13 PM
Maybe you all need some cheering up courtesy of little miss:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1BlN02lJDM

Purple Floyd
09-18-2011, 06:21 PM
Maybe you all need some cheering up courtesy of little miss:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1BlN02lJDM

Perfect and priceless. Who is she?

rednorsk
09-18-2011, 06:29 PM
The Twinkies, and now the Viqeens. Do the Wild know how to sakte?

Prophet
09-18-2011, 06:37 PM
We have been Tice-ed. Crappy coaching as a result of hiring within instead of actually making it a competitive process and hiring the best. Tice-ed. Outcoached.

Jereamiah
09-18-2011, 06:40 PM
We have been Tice-ed. Crappy coaching as a result of hiring within instead of actually making it a competitive process and hiring the best. Tice-ed. Outcoached. How is it Tomlin was never a serious consideration? Oh wait. He had talent as a coach. Explains that one.........Seems to me they hire off of tenure and who knows who. as I said in another post. Next up is the assistant groundskeepr.

Purple Floyd
09-18-2011, 06:53 PM
We have been Tice-ed. Crappy coaching as a result of hiring within instead of actually making it a competitive process and hiring the best. Tice-ed. Outcoached.

I think the Vikings have an unwritten policy that they only let Coordinators get hired away as HC's if they are good enough to win a SB and only hire from within if they aren't.

MaxVike
09-18-2011, 06:55 PM
Absurd...Tomlin left after one year as DC http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Tomlin.

I will admit, I was disappointed, but, come on! Move on people.........

Purple Floyd
09-18-2011, 07:06 PM
http://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/Vikings-fold-in-2nd-half-for-2nd-straight-week-2177005.php

Now the Vikings find themselves at the bottom of the NFC North, with the vastly improved Detroit Lions (http://www.timesunion.com/?controllerName=search&action=search&channel=sports&search=1&inlineLink=1&query=%22Detroit+Lions%22) (2-0) coming to town next week brimming with confidence."We have to put it together," Greenway said. "I don't know if it's our conditioning. I couldn't even tell you what it was. Unfortunately we just have to deal with it right now. It's going to be a rough week and we just have to stick together and hope (the media isn't) too hard on us."

TheAnimal93
09-18-2011, 07:11 PM
Love the Animal!

lol....*sniff* awwwwwww! Thanks Webby!! *sniff*

ConnecticutViking
09-18-2011, 07:21 PM
lol

The Redskins are 2-0...Why?....Great off season pickups?...Great offseason release?

Purple Floyd
09-18-2011, 07:39 PM
The Redskins are 2-0...Why?....Great off season pickups?...Great offseason release?

An upgrade at QB

Freya
09-18-2011, 08:05 PM
Watching the first half, then the second was like watching two different games. Same thing as last week.........only worse.
We need a team who can bring it for the full 60.

Jereamiah
09-18-2011, 08:16 PM
Absurd...Tomlin left after one year as DC http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Tomlin.

I will admit, I was disappointed, but, come on! Move on people.........
Ok, tomlin left due to his complete lack of success as a coach. He got shit-canned huh? I have moved on. the general point being made is that there SEEMS to be a lack of serious consideration being put into Staff hiring. The Steelers are a storied franchised, obviously. Why is it the Vikes staff is being lured away and ownership hasnt a clue as to the luree's potential? some one over at Hinz field saw something in Tomlin. We get the Chiller. EXACTLY. Like I said, next up: ASST Groundskeeper. EDIT!! My wife just made a good point too. Tomlin filled some awfully big shoes. The last coach the Vikes could kinda brag about? Denny. And I really dont associate the word "brag" with little drummer boy. Why of why can't the "Vikes venture outside their comfort zone for leadership? Exactly What has Frazier done to warrant the HC position? He was just next up in the tenure train that is the 'Vikes hiring policy.

LIVike
09-18-2011, 08:37 PM
First half the offense and defense looked good. I thought the offense had a nice flow to it plus AD is just unhuman. Although on the first drive I felt it was kind of dumb to just throw the ball poorly three straight times when Peterson was just running through them. Nice to see Gehart make a few nice plays. I felt the key to the first half was long sustained drives. They dominated the TOP game in the first half and were able to convert on third down. Defense also looked good in the first half. Second half its like they did the opposite and were trying to find a way to lose. It was quite pathetic.

On a side note I had a great time at the tailgate and will definitely be going again.

Webby
09-18-2011, 08:46 PM
First half the offense and defense looked good. I thought the offense had a nice flow to it plus AD is just unhuman. Although on the first drive I felt it was kind of dumb to just throw the ball poorly three straight times when Peterson was just running through them. Nice to see Gehart make a few nice plays. I felt the key to the first half was long sustained drives. They dominated the TOP game in the first half and were able to convert on third down. Defense also looked good in the first half. Second half its like they did the opposite and were trying to find a way to lose. It was quite pathetic.

On a side note I had a great time at the tailgate and will definitely be going again.

Gerhart really impressed on the run too. With AP and him, all we need is a tiny bit of real pass threat to make good. Harvin is trying, but just one dude.

Don't matter if we can't execute in the second half.

C Mac D
09-18-2011, 09:12 PM
That game was eerily similar to the Chargers game.

Yeah, this team has a ways to go before they're a good football team again, but at least it was fun to watch.

Let's say this losing trend continues... which OL and WR are we looking at in the draft?

singersp
09-18-2011, 09:20 PM

WOW! You type fast when you're angry. LOL :P

singersp
09-18-2011, 09:27 PM
Every year for about 4 offseasons now, there have been many threads started by members wanting to bring McNabb in here via trade & FA.

Well, you got what you wanted.

Now what?

Webby
09-18-2011, 09:27 PM
WOW! You type fast when you're angry. LOL :P

:petersaysowsmall:

singersp
09-18-2011, 09:29 PM
Whatever happened to 40 for 60?

Do we need to bring Joe Kapp back in to remind the Vikings what that means?

30 for 30 just isn't cutting it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbfNaZd6s74

Purple Floyd
09-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Every year for about 4 offseasons now, there have been many threads started by members wanting to bring McNabb in here via trade & FA.

Now what?

Manning?

Purple Floyd
09-18-2011, 09:32 PM
Whatever happened to 40 for 60?

Do we need to bring Joe Kapp back in to remind the Vikings what that means?

30 for 30 just isn't cutting it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbfNaZd6s74

I was just thinking the other day about how dumb it was when the Vikings brought him back with that 40 for 60 thing to try and motivate a team with a guy who couldn't seal the deal himself.

I guess you get what you pay for.

singersp
09-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Manning?

I hope you're ruling out Archie & Eli

VikingLance
09-18-2011, 09:45 PM
How many damn balls is Tyrell going to get his hands on before he makes an impact play?

+1

While there are a few other plays/penalties to point to that could have made the difference in the end result of the game, THIS example is where we truly lost the game.

Tyrell catches that ball, and we win. Sure, we would have still been ragging on the fact that that the Bucs scored 17 points in the second half, but we would have capped that with how the D stopped them when they needed to.

Yuck.

VikingLance
09-18-2011, 10:03 PM
Disappointed. No other way to describe it.

The first half was beautiful. I thought the playcalling kept the buc's guessing, and we pretty much did whatever we wanted to.

2nd half- Hey, who pushed the self-destruct button? Actually, I think we played okay the second half, the penalties killed us though.

Key Plays/Penalties which cost us the game:

Hell of an onside kick. Gutsy call. It was just what the Buc's needed to get momentum to swing their way.

Robison jumping offsides negating the fumble recovery.

J.A. roughing the Passer.

TJ dropping the INT.

Not using our time outs after the 2 min. warning.

The Good: Adrian Peterson. Congrats' on the All Time Viking RB Touchdown Leader, and the 6000 yds in 63 games. :clap: 'Nuff Said.

Offense looked a lot better this week for the 4 quarters. The timing of the penalties really hurt us.

Sucks to be 0-2.

Purple Floyd
09-18-2011, 10:11 PM
I hope you're ruling out Archie & Eli

Is Archie too young?

MulletMullitia
09-18-2011, 10:18 PM

Now what?

What was wrong with McNabb today? He managed a very smart game. No turnovers. It's not like he's going to be Tom Brady for us. He just needs to sell the play-action and avoid turnovers. He did that very well today. He put us in position to win the game, and our defense totally blew it.

i_bleed_purple
09-18-2011, 10:21 PM
What was wrong with McNabb today? He managed a very smart game. No turnovers. It's not like he's going to be Tom Brady for us. He just needs to sell the play-action and avoid turnovers. He did that very well today. He put us in position to win the game, and our defense totally blew it.

http://ochlocracy.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/haters-1.jpg

Purple Floyd
09-18-2011, 10:33 PM

You may notice that I have not called out his play as a reason for the loss but he certainly didn't put us in a position to win any more than any other player. Plenty of blame to go around but he certainly isn't anything to hang a hat on either. His passes over 10 yards were consistently off the mark and he did have time to be more accurate.

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
09-18-2011, 10:49 PM
right now, there is no way we beat the Lions. They are on a roll full of confidence and a QB who is firing on all 12 cylinders
You should buy a lottery ticket if you can predict a game nearly 7 days in advance.

What's your secret?

You should call leslie frazier and tell him the team doesn't need to practice this week, you have it on good authority they're going to get beat so why bother.

MulletMullitia
09-18-2011, 10:52 PM
You may notice that I have not called out his play as a reason for the loss but he certainly didn't put us in a position to win any more than any other player. Plenty of blame to go around but he certainly isn't anything to hang a hat on either. His passes over 10 yards were consistently off the mark and he did have time to be more accurate.

I didn't mean that he was an all-star or anything lol. I'm just saying that QB was the least of our problems today. His constant grounders really annoy me. But we better get used to those, because that's his trademark. I'm not trying to say that McNabb is our savior or anything like that. I just thought he would be a good veteran field general to handle game situations and make good decisions. But our team isn't as good as I thought it was.

snowinapril
09-18-2011, 11:12 PM
It could be worse, we could still have T-Jack, I am watching the coach Carroll Show, coach sticking up for T-Jack.

Letting the Bucs back into the game is the problem, scored and got out to a lead and gave it up.

mamaluke
09-19-2011, 01:20 AM
Just wondering, who is going to stick around and root for the Vikes after they move to Los Angeles? This team is a joke! It was actually happening gradually but I realized the last straw was the day they announced they picked up McNabb. It actually feels better not giving a crap anymore. It stings a lot less. This team is not worthy of me getting diarrhea and nausea watching them for the past 43 years fall on their faces. What a pathetic excuse for a franchise. Why the F did I get the damn tattoo??. What a mistake. Kinda sad letting go after all these years but tired of the humiliation and futility. Now wondering what to do with all the Viking crap I collected over the years.

Traveling_Vike
09-19-2011, 01:36 AM

Now what?

I wasn't one of those guys (I wanted Hasselbeck this year) but I will answer anyway.

I give him the year and evaluate after it is done. Bring the kid in later to get some real reps, if you like, but not until the midpoint at the earliest.

Since I didn't expect much from this season anyway, I would continue to treat it is the stepping stone that it is.

McNabb's performance this week was head and shoulders above last week's. He's trending upwards steeply, so let's hope that continues.

Mark_The_Viking
09-19-2011, 02:16 AM
You should buy a lottery ticket if you can predict a game nearly 7 days in advance.

What's your secret?

You should call leslie frazier and tell him the team doesn't need to practice this week, you have it on good authority they're going to get beat so why bother.

Seriously!! Do you want me to prefix everything I say with "imho"? Fine!

imho we couldn't beat the Lions RIGHT NOW with the way we coach and play! They are full of confidence, we are not, they do have a QB who is playing exceedingly well, we don't, they do have a legitimate deep threat, we don't.

Warm up the crow StC I will glad chow down if we beat them biut if I take my homer head off I just don't see it. sorry imo!

El Vikingo
09-19-2011, 04:03 AM
Just wondering, who is going to stick around and root for the Vikes after they move to Los Angeles? This team is a joke! It was actually happening gradually but I realized the last straw was the day they announced they picked up McNabb. It actually feels better not giving a crap anymore. It stings a lot less. This team is not worthy of me getting diarrhea and nausea watching them for the past 43 years fall on their faces. What a pathetic excuse for a franchise. Why the F did I get the damn tattoo??. What a mistake. Kinda sad letting go after all these years but tired of the humiliation and futility. Now wondering what to do with all the Viking crap I collected over the years.

Now,tell me how you really feel about this team.

MulletMullitia
09-19-2011, 04:56 AM
I wasn't one of those guys (I wanted Hasselbeck this year) but I will answer anyway.

I give him the year and evaluate after it is done. Bring the kid in later to get some real reps, if you like, but not until the midpoint at the earliest.

Since I didn't expect much from this season anyway, I would continue to treat it is the stepping stone that it is.

McNabb's performance this week was head and shoulders above last week's. He's trending upwards steeply, so let's hope that continues.

He has definitely improved! He seems to be getting a lot more comfortable out there. I'm sure he will keep getting better. He will never be as good as he used to be, but he can help us a couple games if our O-line will keep him upright.

MulletMullitia
09-19-2011, 04:58 AM
Well, after many hours of cooling off, I was finally level-headed enough to post my blog. My "Weekly Report Card". I hope you all take the time to read it and comment. I put a lot of time into it. I actually had to delete 500 characters to meet the "Under 10,000 character limit". Here's the link guys. Thanks for reading! http://www.purplepride.org/entry.php?13-Mullet-s-Weekly-Report-Card-%28Week-2%29

singersp
09-19-2011, 06:47 AM

Ask the ones bitching about him. Did you read the thread?

singersp
09-19-2011, 07:04 AM
It could be worse, we could still have T-Jack, I am watching the coach Carroll Show, coach sticking up for T-Jack.

Yet Jackson is still beating McNabb in # of completions, completion %, passing yards, TD's & QB rating & has done it behind an OL that's given up 10 sacks.

thorshammer
09-19-2011, 07:06 AM
First full year head coach, new offensive coordinator, new quarterback, some new o line men .... I am not all that shocked with our start .... I haven't given up on this team yet either.

singersp
09-19-2011, 07:08 AM

You can send it to me.

I survived 4 lost Super Bowls, 5 lost NFC Championship games, the Les Steckel era, Favre's 2nd season in MN & I'll survive this one.

Purple Floyd
09-19-2011, 07:12 AM
Yet Jackson is still beating McNabb in # of completions, completion %, passing yards, TD's & QB rating & has done it behind an OL that's given up 10 sacks.

Gotta agree. I am pretty sure TJ could have lead us to an 0-2 start, in fact he has done it before.

singersp
09-19-2011, 07:20 AM

Now just think what might have happened if Frazier hadn't kept or limited his starters in week 4 of the preseason & several of those practices.

They needed that time together & Frazier robbed them of it for fear of injuries. Now were paying for that lost time, like I said we would be, in games that matter.

The starters are finally getting that additional practice time together, but they're getting it in regular season games.

The loss/lack of a deep threat receiving corp compounds that problem even more. Also, no matter how much Lobster Boy practices though, he'll still drop balls.

singersp
09-19-2011, 07:28 AM
Well, after many hours of cooling off, I was finally level-headed enough to post my blog. My "Weekly Report Card". I hope you all take the time to read it and comment. I put a lot of time into it. I actually had to delete 500 characters to meet the "Under 10,000 character limit". Here's the link guys. Thanks for reading! http://www.purplepride.org/entry.php?13-Mullet-s-Weekly-Report-Card-%28Week-2%29

Considering you previously cranked out 10 pages in 15 minutes, this should have taken you about 2 to 2-1/2 minutes. LOL! :p

Zeus
09-19-2011, 07:41 AM
Perfect and priceless. Who is she?

That's my daughter.

=Z=

singersp
09-19-2011, 07:44 AM

Percy Harvin and Michael Jenkins both had painfully average games as well.

Disagree with you about Harvin 100%. He was all over the field and made some great & critical catches.

If not for Harvin, we aren't putting up 20 points.

Purple Floyd
09-19-2011, 09:48 AM
That's my daughter.

=Z=

Well it looks like you overachieved with that one

TeamSoftware
09-19-2011, 09:55 AM
Woot woot, another great win, pop the bubbly ,yeah dawg...

Oh wait we have another half to play? When was this new rule implemented. Pretty soon they will make us play 16 games a season.

Fire Tom Kanavy (http://www.vikings.com/team/coaches/tom-kanavy/ae53dbe4-0b8f-4c13-90d4-1d893bfd072e)!!!

Zeus
09-19-2011, 09:57 AM
Well it looks like you overachieved with that one

Pretty much, yeah.

=Z=

Marrdro
09-19-2011, 10:01 AM
.....Sigh......Were to start.......

Good

Toby G. Were are the Haters today? Damn he and AD make on hell of a team my friends.

I loved how they used the S's and CB's at the beginning of the game, instead of a steady dose of just LB'rs to help out the DL when it came to pressuring the QB. Bucs were not ready for that and their offensive output showed.

CB's, yet again, shut down the WRs.

LB'rs were all over the place.

OL, as usual, did a damn nice job as well.

The bad.

I hate how they quit using the S's and CB's (and eventually the LB'rs) to get pressure on the QB. The Bucs second half offensive production showed this, especially in the 4th quarter when the bone head coaches elected to just rush 4 allowing the QB to pick our secondary apart.

On a side note, anyone want to say how great our DT play is? Like it or not, we have several good 3 tech DT's, but without a good 0 technique, we will continue to feel the pain of QB's picking our defense apart.

Offensive play calling. To tell the truth, this was a HELL of alot better this week compared to last week, however, with 5:00ish minutes left, and your team is ahead, why in the hell do you call a "Quick slant" (incomplete), a run for 4 yards, and another pass (incomplete). Pretty fricken stupid way to burn up the clock, especially when your running game has been stellar all game long.

Time Outs: WTF Leslie. You don't need them especially when the Bucs are gonna score atleast 3, probably 7 points. Use your fricken timeouts so that Dnabb and company have more than 33 seconds to move the ball down the field.

In the end I lay this loss back to the same two issues we had las week.......

1. Offensive playcalling late in the game (instead of just the whole game).
2. Lack of pressure by our DL without help.

The first one did improve alot over last week. The second, I just don't see getting much better, even when K-dubb (another 3 tech) gets back.

On a side note, anyone heard how his foot is doing?

purplehelmut
09-19-2011, 02:45 PM
Vikes sometimes show signs of being a decent football team, especially when AP gets cranked up. Fun to watch. But too many holes, i.e., lack of pressure on QB, lack of protection for our QB, lousy play calling, inexperienced coaching, and lack of cohesion. Been at this 42 years now but I'm not quittin' unless they move to LA. Just keeping expectations real. Revising my 6-10 prediction to 5-11. I had 'em beating TB at home for crying out loud. It's an annual ass whipping now. I didn't get a tattoo though....

vikingivan
09-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Win or lose I will remain faithful to the Purple! I had a great time before the game, and most of the game, and after the game. It looks like it will be a long season. But, we are still going to have a great time tailgating and cheering the Vike's to a couple of victories this year. We chatted at the tailgating party, and realistically the Vike's have not improved any position from last season, with the exception of tight end maybe. So my friend we may be staring a 4 win season straight in the face. Skol Vikings!

AngloVike
09-19-2011, 03:20 PM

now to a point I would agree with you, however I was concerned about the OL play when the Bucs dialled up their blitzes. Looked to me that the OL was driven back every time and gave McNabb no time to get the ball away. I've read today that Cook was carrying an injury, so was that the reason you think or poor scheming by the coaches to counter the blitz?

AngloVike
09-19-2011, 03:46 PM
now to a point I would agree with you, however I was concerned about the OL play when the Bucs dialled up their blitzes. Looked to me that the OL was driven back every time and gave McNabb no time to get the ball away. I've read today that Cook was carrying an injury, so was that the reason you think or poor scheming by the coaches to counter the blitz?

correction I meant Sullivan *headslap *

Purple Floyd
09-19-2011, 05:22 PM
Marrdro (http://www.purplepride.org/member.php?7966-Marrdro)
CB's, yet again, shut down the WRs.

You might want to take a look at the TD that gave the Bucs 17. Your boy Griff got toasted. But I guess there should have been a DT covering that WR.

LB'rs were all over the place.

Actually they were getting run over all over the place. Don't ever remember a game where they got run over on the second level as much as they did in this game. I really think we need to look at replacing both Hendersons next year.

They did about as well as the DL. They had some good plays where they did their job and they had some plays where they seemed out to lunch.

Traveling_Vike
09-19-2011, 05:37 PM
Now just think what might have happened if Frazier hadn't kept or limited his starters in week 4 of the preseason & several of those practices.

They needed that time together & Frazier robbed them of it for fear of injuries. Now were paying for that lost time, like I said we would be, in games that matter.

The starters are finally getting that additional practice time together, but they're getting it in regular season games.

I won't argue any of that with you. In fact I am in complete agreement. Especially given the greatly shortened offseason, the decision to sit everyone in ps game 4 baffled me.

The loss/lack of a deep threat receiving corp compounds that problem even more. Also, no matter how much Lobster Boy practices though, he'll still drop balls.

I keep waiting for him to decide that he actually needs to play, but it just isn't happening. Unfortunately for us, we are likely stuck with the guys we have for the rest of this season. It'll be up to the staff to find someone(s) for next year, either through the draft, FA or trade.

For now... we have some good receiving TEs and RBs. I remember quite well when Shiancoe was getting big gains splitting the seam. Rudolph looks decent and will get better with more experience. ADAP has gotten a lot better at receiving, rather than just running. I think maybe we should consider using some or all of these guys. It's worth a shot, right? :think:

If we can get the short passing game going along with out great rushing attack, that should go a long way toward opening things up downfield.

Marrdro
09-20-2011, 01:17 PM
You might want to take a look at the TD that gave the Bucs 17. Your boy Griff got toasted. But I guess there should have been a DT covering that WR.

Actually they were getting run over all over the place. Don't ever remember a game where they got run over on the second level as much as they did in this game. I really think we need to look at replacing both Hendersons next year.

They did about as well as the DL. They had some good plays where they did their job and they had some plays where they seemed out to lunch.
If a DT would have got in his face instead of letting him stand back there for an hour Griff wouldn't have gotten burned. Truth is, it was pretty good coverage up until the last minute.

Marrdro
09-20-2011, 01:21 PM
There were a few instances were the Blitz got through. It happens. For the most part they handled it pretty good. I did see one instance were they sent 2 blitzers in the same gap. AD got one, but the other got through. Not sure who to blame as both Hutch and Sully were off helping the guy on each side of them. I guess I would lay the blame at both Sully and and possibly Dnabbs feet for not recognizing the blitz package.

As to your point on Cook, I actually want to say that when Cook left the game it appeared that things got alot worse.

Made the staff go away from bringing Whinny and the S's up to the line like they were before he went down and Whinny had to go out to the outside. I did see Asher in there for a few plays but I don't think he is the caliber of Cook.

Purple Floyd
09-20-2011, 02:06 PM
If a DT would have got in his face instead of letting him stand back there for an hour Griff wouldn't have gotten burned. Truth is, it was pretty good coverage up until the last minute.

That is pretty weak even from your perspective. You could make the same statement about the DE's because that is really where the pressure is supposed to come from but regardless you cannot ignore that the secondary is failing in their responsibilities while creating issues in another part of the defense that just plain aren't there.

tastywaves
09-20-2011, 02:40 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post

That is pretty weak even from your perspective. You could make the same statement about the DE's because that is really where the pressure is supposed to come from but regardless you cannot ignore that the secondary is failing in their responsibilities while creating issues in another part of the defense that just plain aren't there.

Griffen got beat on that play, and I'm sure he would acknowledge it. I thought his effort could have been greater on that play, it wasn't a blown coverage and it wasn't a superior athlete that beat him. he just looked a bit lazy at the end. Probably because he isn't used to covering a guy that long....but that's not a good excuse.

blame the DL if you want, but Griffen needs to do a better job in that situation.

i_bleed_purple
09-20-2011, 04:23 PM
Truth is, it was pretty good coverage up until the last minute.

Isn't that kinda the most important part.

That phrase can be re-worded as "It was pretty good coverage up until he got open".

The last minute is kinda the most important part, considering that's when the ball comes. Hell, put me up against an NFL receiver. I can give pretty good coverage until the ball comes.

Johnson14
09-20-2011, 04:53 PM
For me, the change of momentum was the B-Rob offside on the strip/rumble recovery.. we WOULD have put points on the board, i doubt they would have come back from that, mentally and physically. Just a bonehead play from B-Rob.