PDA

View Full Version : Projecting the Adrian Peterson Era

singersp
09-17-2011, 09:23 AM
Projecting the AD Era

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/45006/projecting-the-adrian-peterson-era

battleaxe4cheese
09-17-2011, 10:37 AM
I guess I can't disagree with the article, good read. It's trending towards the fact that teams are looking for a descent back who can block and run the ball effectively, yet don't care so much if they are an AP type. Look at the colts, steelers, green bay, they all are very talented yet don't have a elite back. Just good enough is the trend.
Now on the other hand a good o line and an AP and you can really chew up the clock and work the old time of possession angle. We need our line to step up and all will be well.

battleaxe4cheese
09-17-2011, 11:12 AM
The league is trendy as well and there's no way of telling where we will be in five years. Maybe everyone will want an elite back, and pound the rock mentality.

singersp
09-17-2011, 11:24 AM
The league is trendy as well and there's no way of telling where we will be in five years. Maybe everyone will want an elite back, and pound the rock mentality.

We won't have AD at his best in 5 years & probably not at all. With the way they want to pound him, we may be looking at 2 more years of good production.

MulletMullitia
09-17-2011, 03:29 PM
Well we haven't seen him slow down AT ALL, so I think it's pretty hard to project when he will slow down... Although everybody thinks they know the magic number.