PDA

View Full Version : Return of the individual player intro's!!

Johnson14
09-16-2011, 12:18 AM
........ The team has decided to bring back individual player introductions, always a fan-favorite aspect of pre-game festivities.

http://blog.vikings.com/2011/09/14/fan-favorite-individual-player-intros-return-next-two-weeks/

I like the individual into's so I'm glad they are back, for at least 2 weeks anyway :)

MulletMullitia
09-16-2011, 12:20 AM
........ The team has decided to bring back individual player introductions, always a fan-favorite aspect of pre-game festivities.

http://blog.vikings.com/2011/09/14/fan-favorite-individual-player-intros-return-next-two-weeks/

I like the individual into's so I'm glad they are back, for at least 2 weeks anyway :)

Love this! I'm really hoping for a rowdy crowd this week. We need it. I wish I could be there! I'm gonna make it up for a game this year. I have to. Long trip, but I have to do it.

Traveling_Vike
09-16-2011, 02:18 AM
I like this in general, but I do worry just a little that the crowd may be less than enthusiastic when certain players are introduced. I think you know who I am talking about after last week.

Webby
09-16-2011, 02:41 AM
bah, in general there is enough noise that is similar for most players...it will only get loud a bit for Percy and a lot for Peterson.

And of course, if they do our MVP Kluwe, we may need a new rood.

Zeus
09-16-2011, 08:24 AM
I like this in general, but I do worry just a little that the crowd may be less than enthusiastic when certain players are introduced. I think you know who I am talking about after last week.

I think they will intro the defense.

=Z=

NodakPaul
09-16-2011, 11:27 AM
I am glad they are bringing it back. I get the whole "team" idea that Chilly had... but I miss the way the crowd used to get pumped up for introductions.

Switching to the team intro, and changing the music to the Immigrant Song, effectively made the intros boring.

Johnson14
09-16-2011, 11:31 AM
I think they will intro the defense.

=Z=

Being AW's 100th game, good possibility

Zeus
09-16-2011, 11:32 AM
I am glad they are bringing it back. I get the whole "team" idea that Chilly had... but I miss the way the crowd used to get pumped up for introductions.

Switching to the team intro, and changing the music to the Immigrant Song, effectively made the intros boring.

I love the Immigrant Song intro.

=Z=

Zeus
09-16-2011, 11:32 AM
Being AW's 100th game, good possibility

I think it's more about they don't want people showing McNabb lukewarm love.

=Z=

Johnson14
09-16-2011, 11:37 AM
I think it's more about they don't want people showing McNabb lukewarm love.

=Z=

McNabb, Berrian, entire O-Line... take your pick!

NodakPaul
09-16-2011, 12:17 PM
I love the Immigrant Song intro.

=Z=

I know you do. It is a good song IMHO, but it is wholly unsuited to the intro. The biggest problem is the rhythm. The drums and bass are on a different measure string than the guitar and words, effectively making the song a 13 note measure. Extremely hard to clap to as a listener. Watch everyone around you - you have to make a conscious effort to keep in time because of the conflicting rhythms.

A good intro song has an easy 4/4 beat or something like it that most people can clap to in their sleep. That is why certain songs are always crowd favorites at sporting events, and others simply aren't. The Immigrant Song is not a good song for a sporting event.