PDA

View Full Version : Superstition!

Webby
09-15-2011, 09:56 PM
Ok you freaky fans, I have heard some strange rituals before games, and some basic ones.

What is it you must do before each game to watch football or during it to help insure we win?

(as an aside you need to do more, cause it's been a dry spell!)

Purple Floyd
09-15-2011, 10:31 PM
I usually try to predict both the things the Vikings are going to screw up at the worst time and also if that isn't enough to snatch victory from the team what the refs are going to do to make sure it is.

Traveling_Vike
09-16-2011, 01:52 AM
I am not a superstitious person at all, so I have no pregame ritual at all. I consider myself lucky just to get the chance to watch a game.

About all I eve do ahead of time is check things out here and see what's up, if I can.

Zeus
09-16-2011, 08:25 AM
Ok you freaky fans, I have heard some strange rituals before games, and some basic ones.

What is it you must do before each game to watch football or during it to help insure we win?

(as an aside you need to do more, cause it's been a dry spell!)

I'm one of those types who believes his jersey choice for game-day directly affects the team's performance. Yes, I know that's insane.

=Z=

singersp
09-16-2011, 08:34 AM
I'm one of those types who believes his jersey choice for game-day directly affects the team's performance. Yes, I know that's insane.

=Z=

Isn't vacuuming one of your Sunday rituals before you're allowed to go to the game? ;)

Freya
09-16-2011, 11:40 AM
I have to yell "SKOL VIKINGS" at the top of my lungs BEFORE the initial kick off..............or things will not go well. :p

Zeus
09-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Isn't vacuuming one of your Sunday rituals before you're allowed to go to the game? ;)

That's on Saturday.

=Z=

Marrdro
09-16-2011, 12:24 PM
When I'm at home, I've usually changed shirts, hats and were I'm sitting several times if things aren't going well.

BloodyHorns82
09-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Before the game I crack a fresh beer. If things are going well I get happy and crack another fresh beer. If things start to go sour I get upset and crack a fresh beer. That's about the only ritual I have other than getting upset at the team's typical (as of late) crap performance.

I'm not even sure why I watch anymore. Honestly more often than not I'm simply depressed after the game(s). Yet still, just can't get enough. Perhaps a glutton for punishment.

Skol!

MulletMullitia
09-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Rally Horns for me! If we aren't playing well, I turn my helga horns inside out. Similar to a baseball rally cap LOL.

singersp
09-16-2011, 07:00 PM
When I'm at home, I've usually changed shirts, hats and were I'm sitting several times if things aren't going well.

And what about the socks?

i_bleed_purple
09-16-2011, 07:27 PM

See, you do it all wrong. Changing mid-game is no better than switching to a Packers fan once they made the playoffs last year.

You pick your garments, and ride it out. Howver, you must carefully select your gameday attire. The wrong number, or style can directly influence how the game turns out.

If you pick the incorrect jersey, you've doomed us all. Don't do what I did in the Chargers game and throw on a jersey halfway through the second quarter. That surely cost us the game.

Zeus
09-16-2011, 10:01 PM
See, you do it all wrong. Changing mid-game is no better than switching to a Packers fan once they made the playoffs last year.

You pick your garments, and ride it out. Howver, you must carefully select your gameday attire. The wrong number, or style can directly influence how the game turns out.

If you pick the incorrect jersey, you've doomed us all. Don't do what I did in the Chargers game and throw on a jersey halfway through the second quarter. That surely cost us the game.

Not true. I've switched jerseys and hats and then had the Vikings go on a run and win a game following that action by my part. Which, of course, is totally because of what I did.

=Z=

Mr Anderson
09-17-2011, 01:04 AM
I don't know if it's superstition, but I find myself screaming at the TV during every game we play.

gregair13
09-17-2011, 01:16 AM
I had a ton during the Favre year, but they all went to the crapper last season so I just do stuff that makes me happy now.

Mr Anderson
09-17-2011, 01:21 AM
Not true. I've switched jerseys and hats and then had the Vikings go on a run and win a game following that action by my part. Which, of course, is totally because of what I did.

=Z=
I don't know what the team would do without you.

singersp
09-17-2011, 09:01 PM
I'm not superstitious or perform rituals before Vikings games, but tomorrow I'm starting a new tradition for all Vikings games....

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/Vikings%20Stuff/Vikings_Shoes_2.jpg

Let's see how it works.

i_bleed_purple
09-17-2011, 09:13 PM
I don't know what the team would do without you.

Considering he was wrong 10 times last season, I'd imagine it doesn't help us more than hurt us.

Purple Floyd
09-18-2011, 10:02 AM

=Z=

Not true. What you changed was overridden by some other fan who was steadfast in their ritual and that led to the victory.

Ultrapurple
09-18-2011, 10:09 AM
As silly as it may sound, what gear I choose to wear for game time seems to have an affect! I also have changed shirts, Hats, Seats,......I can only remember things turning around a couple of times after going through this ritual. But I can't shake the feeling that it MATTERS!!!!

AngloVike
09-18-2011, 10:56 AM

Yep that was my fault last week for not wearing my game day jersey, that will be rectified this week to ensure victory.

AngloVike
09-18-2011, 10:58 AM
and notice he made no reference to his jockey shorts either - so that indicates he goes commando gametime then.. must be a real treat for Wildwoman..:D

jessejames09
09-18-2011, 11:51 AM
Gotta switch to an offensive or defensive jersey depending on which side of the ball needs the help most. If offense is struggling you better believe next commercial break I'm getting my AD Jersey on.

I also think it's pretty important than any shirt I wear under my jersey is also a vikings tee shirt. That way if we really start choking, you can take off the jersey, between snaps, instantly ridding us of bad karma.

When all else fails and were tanking, regardless of Viking gear. I have occasionally changed out of all my purple, to fool God into thinking I've lost hope, like "Hey bro, I don't even care about them anymore, actually I like the other team now. So to smite me I guess your going to have to smite them now."

Webby
09-18-2011, 05:11 PM
Whatever we are all doing, we need to knock it the hell off. We're screwing up the team!

Halftime rituals must now CEASE!!

Marrdro
09-19-2011, 12:18 PM

LOL, I don't think anything I do this year will overcome our O-coordinators efforts to negate mine.

Fricken Musgrove.

On a side note, if Pagac keeps doing what he does late in the games, he is gonna quickly get on my shit list as well.

Marrdro
09-19-2011, 12:19 PM
I only have one pair of that nature. If I change them I have to go barefoot. :)

2beersTommy
09-19-2011, 12:25 PM
he uses those for the "sock puppet" LOL

sorry Marr..had to go there ;)

5vikingsrule6
09-19-2011, 12:37 PM

=Z=

I am the same way. and if we lose with a certain jersey on I dont wear it anymore during the season.

Marrdro
09-19-2011, 12:47 PM
he uses those for the "sock puppet" LOL

sorry Marr..had to go there ;)
LOL, no worries. Now that you mention it, I bet I could get a good laugh out of my guests next week if I did a "Leslie" vs "Musgrove" sock puppet routine.

Leslie: I thought we were gonna run the ball with 5 minutes left and the lead to run out the clock.

Musgrove: When did we talk about that. None of the players liked that idea.

Leslie: Enough of the "Player input crap". I'm gonna get fired the first year.

Musgrove: Thats my plan. I want to take over.

El Vikingo
09-19-2011, 01:00 PM
We need Ned watching naked back asap.Where is he btw? Havent seen him around

2beersTommy
09-19-2011, 01:04 PM
I was chatting w/ him as the Bucs made their comeback..Ned did mention that it was time to get nekkid..doesnt look like it helped :rolleyes: