PDA

View Full Version : Vikes v Bucs Predictions: Sound Off!

Webby
09-12-2011, 11:12 AM
Ok, its the morning after. The sting is gone.

The Bucs lost. The Vikings lost.

Who wants it more?

Your predications?

12purplepride28
09-12-2011, 11:15 AM
We lose. Adrian peterson gets broken neck. Harvin dies of a migraine. Charlie johnson and loadholt trip over each other and crush Ponder to death and Wilf shoots frazier in the head.

Vikings lose 84-0 and Moss is laughing at us. Then I kill myself.

Marrdro
09-12-2011, 11:16 AM
We lose. Adrian peterson gets broken neck. Harvin dies of a migraine. Charlie johnson and loadholt trip over each other and crush Ponder to death and Wilf shoots frazier in the head.

Ouch......

JDogg926
09-12-2011, 11:31 AM
It could get ugly. If Tolbert was able to dominate us, I could imagine Legarrette Blount at about 250 will do the same.

Although, Tampa's defense isn't supposed to be as good as San Diego's so maybe we get a little bit of offensive rhythm going.

I see a tight, ugly game, and maybe us stealing a game we don't deserve (mainly because we're at home and Tampa's a very young team), 16-13. With very little confidence...

12purplepride28
09-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Ouch......
It's the only realistic outcome Marrdro.

Marrdro
09-12-2011, 11:42 AM
It could get ugly. If Tolbert was able to dominate us, I could imagine Legarrette Blount at about 250 will do the same.

Although, Tampa's defense isn't supposed to be as good as San Diego's so maybe we get a little bit of offensive rhythm going.

I see a tight, ugly game, and maybe us stealing a game we don't deserve (mainly because we're at home and Tampa's a very young team), 16-13. With very little confidence...
Don't like to mix FFL with real game stuff, but I have LB in a league and he really let me down this week.

I think their 3rd down conversions were mostly in the air as well with only a couple coming on the ground.

Gotta do some research but maybe this will be a little easier matchup that this last weeks.

Zeus
09-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Your predications?

My predication?

Pain.

=Z=

El Vikingo
09-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Don't like to mix FFL with real game stuff, but I have LB in a league and he really let me down this week.

Not trying to hijack the thread but L.Blount had 5 fricking carries with no receptions ,I ve been searching for some info about him but he doesnt seem injured ,do you know anything,Graham has got the starting job or sthg? He screwed me big time on a money ffl i am in.

Marrdro
09-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Not trying to hijack the thread but L.Blount had 5 fricking carries with no receptions ,I ve been searching for some info about him but he doesnt seem injured ,do you know anything,Graham has got the starting job or sthg? He screwed me big time on a money ffl i am in.
I haven't looked yet. Start snooping about their sites come Wed.

TeamSoftware
09-12-2011, 01:23 PM
My predication?

Pain.

=Z=

I agree. The last game I about broke a bone in my hand pounding the arm of the chair.

--Scott

Marrdro
09-12-2011, 01:26 PM
I agree. The last game I about broke a bone in my hand pounding the arm of the chair.

--Scott
LOL. after going through a few remotes the first few years we were married, my wife bought me one of those foam Vikings bricks.

Not much left of it after so many years, however, I might have to get it out of retirement for this year. Atleast for the first 3 or 4 weeks.

lumberjackgreg
09-12-2011, 02:26 PM
We will set a season high (so far) record in passing yards with at least 40.

Purple Floyd
09-12-2011, 02:30 PM
We will set a season high (so far) record in passing yards with at least 40.

So Webb is starting?

kevoncox
09-12-2011, 02:51 PM
You guys have my dying at work. ;)

Marrdro
09-12-2011, 03:02 PM
You guys have my dying at work. ;)

PPO, a constant source of entertainement. :)

i_bleed_purple
09-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Serious thought:

We lost 24-17. Against one of the best teams in the league.

Last season they had the #1 offense, #1 defense, and lost because of awful special teams.

Well, we returned a KO for a TD, but that won't happen every week. We had a couple ok drives, but looked like absolute garbage after that. All things considered, a 7 point loss to a superbowl contender isn't the end of the world.

Also having said that, if not for that opening TD, and their kicker getting hurt, this would have been a rout.

Bucs aren't nearly the team the Chargers are, I chalked the Chargers game up as a loss long ago en-route to a 7-9 season, so far nothing has changed. This is a chance to get a win that we so desperately need. If we wanta shot at playoffs, this is a must-win game.

It's winnable, but our O needs to change. Obviously AP can still run just fine, but we need mroe than 40 yards passing.

if we can sustain some drives, put up 25+ points, I feel we can walk away with the win. Our D did ok all-things considered. Our DB's covered well with few exceptions, our LB's were pretty hit or miss, Pressure was OK at tiems, bad at others. We just need to play smart, effective football. No more getting cute with formations and trick plays, just run, pass, play-action, score.

Prediction: 29-21 Win for us.

Yes, we'll bounce back. no, we're not a good team, but we can't POSSIBLY do any worse on Offense than we did on Sunday. It's simply not possible. We can only do better.

lumberjackgreg
09-12-2011, 03:14 PM
I prefer to think of this as info-tainment. Enter-mation? No, info-tainment.

I'll call my shot now- first play run by our offense will be a deep shot to Bernard Berrian. It will be a catchable ball. He won't catch it. Hank Baskett waits for his phone to ring. It rings. It's a bill collector.

Zeus
09-12-2011, 03:31 PM
Prediction: 29-21 Win for us.

How the hell do the Vikings get 29? Two TDs and 5 FGs? Four TDs and a spiteful 2-point conversion? 3 TDs, 2 FGs and a safety?

Stupid Canadian math.

=Z=

lumberjackgreg
09-12-2011, 03:42 PM
How the hell do the Vikings get 29? Two TDs and 5 FGs? Four TDs and a spiteful 2-point conversion? 3 TDs, 2 FGs and a safety?

Stupid Canadian math.

=Z=

2 touchdowns, 3 field goals, 3 safeties.

12purplepride28
09-12-2011, 03:44 PM
LOL. after going through a few remotes the first few years we were married, my wife bought me one of those foam Vikings bricks.

Not much left of it after so many years, however, I might have to get it out of retirement for this year. Atleast for the first 3 or 4 weeks.

You mean you didn't have it out last year!?!? :eek:

i_bleed_purple
09-12-2011, 03:45 PM

Stupid Canadian math.

=Z=

What, there's no points for kicking through the endzone in the NFL?

2TD, 5FG

We again, fail to cash in, settling for field goals. Difference is, we win the field position battles, allowing for more FG's.

12purplepride28
09-12-2011, 03:47 PM
2 touchdowns, 3 field goals, 3 safeties.

14 safeties and an extra point

i_bleed_purple
09-12-2011, 03:50 PM
29 drop-kick field goals

battleaxe4cheese
09-12-2011, 03:52 PM
I will have to see if I can watch the bucks game and then come back and make a better informed decision. But if it isn't the Palm Springs Senior Warriors we had better play a lot better or we are going to lose readily, no matter who it is.

MulletMullitia
09-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Although they are the better team than we are, we will win the game. In a close one. They match up pretty badly against us. I am worried about Blount, but not as worried as they are about AP. If we can get pressure on Freeman, he will crumble. We have to run play-action or their DBs will eat us alive in the passing game. Vikings win 24-21 on a last second 43 yard FG from Shortwell.

Traveling_Vike
09-12-2011, 05:14 PM
I'm pretty much in line with IBP and MM on this. I think it will be close but we squeak out a much-needed win. It is one of the pivotal games for us, IMO.

I'm going to say 24-21, with McNabb redeeming himself by leading a late FG drive to break the tie.

Oh, and as for the 29 points, I am sure he calculated it as three TDs, three FGs and a missed or blocked extra point.

12purplepride28
09-12-2011, 05:42 PM
I will have to see if I can watch the bucks game and then come back and make a better informed decision. But if it isn't the Palm Springs Senior Warriors we had better play a lot better or we are going to lose readily, no matter who it is.

Combo breaker. Was having fun finding ways to get 29 points. Those are the times when it's the most fun on this site. I'm still bitter at ultra for closing my trenvarius jardson thread. That was the most fun to read.

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
09-12-2011, 06:02 PM

Your comments are ridulous. Except maybe for that last part.

battleaxe4cheese
09-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Combo breaker. Was having fun finding ways to get 29 points. Those are the times when it's the most fun on this site. I'm still bitter at ultra for closing my trenvarius jardson thread. That was the most fun to read.

Fine, 29 extra points only. Madden math my friends. :p

VikesFan787
09-12-2011, 07:45 PM
I think we will win as long as they let Peterson run the ball. Do the coaches know he is really good?

ConnecticutViking
09-12-2011, 08:08 PM
We get the W...give AD the ball and open it up with some play action. Trying to stay positive, it's only Week 2.

Vikings 23 Bucs 17

VikesFan787
09-12-2011, 08:18 PM
We get the W...give AD the ball and open it up with some play action. Trying to stay positive, it's only Week 2.

Vikings 23 Bucs 17

I agree man. Good post. McNabb did only throw 15 times. I think he can turn it around and this might be the game where that happens.

Zeus
09-12-2011, 09:11 PM

Are you high? Best threads on this site are all in the Hall of Famer forum....whoops.

=Z=

jmcdon00
09-13-2011, 12:39 PM
24-10 Vikings win.
It's a home game, Vikings are 13-2 in the dome since 09.
Our front 7 dominates the line of scrimmage.
Donovan throws for 300yds 1td 0int.
Peterson scores 2TD.
Vikings D creates 4 turnovers.

Viking Newbie
09-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Vikings 24 Bucs 21

C Mac D
09-13-2011, 04:34 PM
I actually like our chances in this game. Solid performance by Peterson - guessing 144 yards and 2 TDs - and hopefully McNabb looks a little better too - 205 yards and a TD. And we'll get a defensive TD.

Vikes win 28-17.

C Mac D
09-13-2011, 05:03 PM
Also... does anyone care that Flozell Adams is available? Seems silly not to sign him. Just pay him his $5M and put him in purple.

MulletMullitia
09-13-2011, 05:43 PM
Also... does anyone care that Flozell Adams is available? Seems silly not to sign him. Just pay him his $5M and put him in purple.

I'd love to have Flozell until we can get a young guy in there. That being said, we only have about 3 million to play around with right now. I don't know if we could get him for that. It's worth a shot though! We could move Charlie Johnson to guard and our line would shape up nicely.

Purple Floyd
09-13-2011, 05:55 PM
I think we should sign every once great has been until we get a young guy in there at their position. We really need to try something different than we have been doing in the past.

MulletMullitia
09-13-2011, 06:05 PM
I think we should sign every once great has been until we get a young guy in there at their position. We really need to try something different than we have been doing in the past.

I know that it hasn't always worked for us. That being said, this current O-line is going to get somebody killed. But maybe that's what you want, so you can win the bet and see Ponder start lol.

Purple Floyd
09-13-2011, 06:30 PM

Stupid Canadian math.

=Z=

9 FG's and a S.

And we will have 42 yards passing.

thorshammer
09-13-2011, 06:31 PM
28 -17 Vikings win. We will prevail in the dome. Donovan will play better. AP will be AP. Harvin will be Harvin. Shanc will get going. JA will get a couple sacks. Winfield will cause a fumble.

VikesFan787
09-13-2011, 08:34 PM
I know that it hasn't always worked for us. That being said, this current O-line is going to get somebody killed. But maybe that's what you want, so you can win the bet and see Ponder start lol.
I think starting Ponder at all this year will taint his chances in succeeding in this league. IMO

MulletMullitia
09-13-2011, 08:39 PM
I think starting Ponder at all this year will taint his chances in succeeding in this league. IMO

Oh I totally agree with that. McNabb needs to play all year while Ponder learns the offense. I didn't mean that I wanted Ponder to play right now. I just meant that I don't want Joe Webb to get starting reps at all. If we had to make a change, I would want to go with Ponder. But only if we HAD to.

Purple Floyd
09-13-2011, 08:47 PM
If Ponder is going to be able to play in the NFL he will be able to do it this year. All benching him is doing is delaying the process of evaluation.

MulletMullitia
09-13-2011, 08:54 PM
If Ponder is going to be able to play in the NFL he will be able to do it this year. All benching him is doing is delaying the process of evaluation.

Totally disagree. Look at Aaron Rodgers. He looked awful when he came in to the league. He sat behind Favre forever after several poor preseason performances. Look at how well he developed. I'm not saying that Ponder should sit behind a veteran for three years. But he should at least take a year to learn the offense. Throwing him to the wolves would not be doing him any favors.

Purple Floyd
09-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Totally disagree. Look at Aaron Rodgers. He looked awful when he came in to the league. He sat behind Favre forever after several poor preseason performances. Look at how well he developed. I'm not saying that Ponder should sit behind a veteran for three years. But he should at least take a year to learn the offense. Throwing him to the wolves would not be doing him any favors.

So let me get this straight- you are basing your decision on how well one particular person did in one particular situation? That seems a bit myopic to me.

I think Rodgers is looking good because he has a good coach who puts him in a great position to win and because he is a very gifted QB who has a great combination of agility, arm strength and the smarts to use them. I don't think he would have been any worse off if he had this team behind him his rookie season and he was on the field.

Tarvaris Jackson sat behind Brett for 2 years and it doesn't look like it did him a damn bit of good so that would seem counter to your argument. Also, look at some of the QB's who also started behind him:

Hasselbeck- He sat behind Brett for a few years and did pretty well in Seattle when he left if he had talent around him. In the down years he was marginal at best.

Brunell- Sat behind him for 1 year and went on to have a somewhat decent career with an expansion team. Not sure any more years on the bench would have elevated his play.

Warner- Was on the team for a short time and cut- Went to the Rams and won a SB his first year starting after Trent Green got hurt. Not sure how much his play would have been elevated by more years on the bench but it seems the man did OK.

Look- There are millions of stats, situations and examples that could be thrown out of different guys in different situations who either did or didn't do well for one reason or another. Jackson being here for 5 long seasons shows that some guys just don't make the cut no matter how long they play and guys like Rothlisberger, Ryan, Flacco, Brady and other show you can come in and play right away.

I say if he is capable of playing in the league he can do it now and nothing is going to hinder that except the talent around him.

MulletMullitia
09-13-2011, 09:25 PM
So let me get this straight- you are basing your decision on how well one particular person did in one particular situation? That seems a bit myopic to me.

I think Rodgers is looking good because he has a good coach who puts him in a great position to win and because he is a very gifted QB who has a great combination of agility, arm strength and the smarts to use them. I don't think he would have been any worse off if he had this team behind him his rookie season and he was on the field.

Tarvaris Jackson sat behind Brett for 2 years and it doesn't look like it did him a damn bit of good so that would seem counter to your argument. Also, look at some of the QB's who also started behind him:

Hasselbeck- He sat behind Brett for a few years and did pretty well in Seattle when he left if he had talent around him. In the down years he was marginal at best.

Brunell- Sat behind him for 1 year and went on to have a somewhat decent career with an expansion team. Not sure any more years on the bench would have elevated his play.

Warner- Was on the team for a short time and cut- Went to the Rams and won a SB his first year starting after Trent Green got hurt. Not sure how much his play would have been elevated by more years on the bench but it seems the man did OK.

Look- There are millions of stats, situations and examples that could be thrown out of different guys in different situations who either did or didn't do well for one reason or another. Jackson being here for 5 long seasons shows that some guys just don't make the cut no matter how long they play and guys like Rothlisberger, Ryan, Flacco, Brady and other show you can come in and play right away.

I say if he is capable of playing in the league he can do it now and nothing is going to hinder that except the talent around him.

You have a great argument, but you aren't swinging me on this one. I just don't ever agree with throwing a rookie to the wolves unless it's an extreme circumstance (Cam Newton). I agreed with the Cam decision because his team couldn't do any worse than they did last year and they are in complete rebuilding mode. He had zero expectations to be a great starter and leader this season. Ponder would have CRAZY pressure if he were the starter this year. Most of our fans think we are still a win-now team. Starting him now could kill his confidence. Regardless, I'd love to see him starting next year. I really hope he does. I just hope it doesn't come down to starting him this season.

i_bleed_purple
09-13-2011, 09:33 PM

Better than basing your assumption that "if he can succeed later, he'll succeed now" on absolutely nothing. You have NOTHING to support that idea. Wheras there are many examples of players who started slow, didn't quite get it, but turned out to have superstar careers

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
09-13-2011, 09:34 PM
Just Win Baby!!

Purple Floyd
09-13-2011, 09:44 PM
Better than basing your assumption that "if he can succeed later, he'll succeed now" on absolutely nothing. You have NOTHING to support that idea. Wheras there are many examples of players who started slow, didn't quite get it, but turned out to have superstar careers

Seriously?
I rattled off more players who started right away and did fine I'm my last post than you can list who are documented as saying the only reason they suffered was because they sat on the bench for years developing.

But if you would like we could probably put a little spice in this boring ass week by having a thread and side bet on who can put together the bigger list

Zeus
09-14-2011, 08:37 AM

I agree, to a point. The two that people like to point out from recent memory are Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan. Both of them succeeded as a rookie (I don't look at what Sanchez did as succeeding, since his actual passing numbers were atrocious) BECAUSE they had talent around them, especially on the O-line.

Ponder, OTOH, does not have a talented O-line in front of him. So, if he is put out there, he's going to get killed. And that will not help his development.

=Z=

Zeus
09-14-2011, 08:41 AM
Seriously?
I rattled off more players who started right away and did fine I'm my last post than you can list who are documented as saying the only reason they suffered was because they sat on the bench for years developing.

Heath Shuler, Akili Smith, David Klingler, Rick Mirer, Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, JaMarcus Russell, Alex Smith, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller, JP Losman, Matt Leinart.

=z=

C Mac D
09-14-2011, 10:02 AM
I'd love to have Flozell until we can get a young guy in there. That being said, we only have about 3 million to play around with right now. I don't know if we could get him for that. It's worth a shot though! We could move Charlie Johnson to guard and our line would shape up nicely.

I don't think that cap number is correct. We had $4.5M before resigning Peterson, so I'm assuming we have more now... but I could be wrong.

i_bleed_purple
09-14-2011, 10:29 AM
Seriously?

But if you would like we could probably put a little spice in this boring ass week by having a thread and side bet on who can put together the bigger list

Sure, there are players who started right away and did fine, but your claim that if he can't do it now, he'll never do it is completely ridiculous.

Zeus
09-14-2011, 10:39 AM
I don't think that cap number is correct. We had $4.5M before resigning Peterson, so I'm assuming we have more now... but I could be wrong.

From what I read, there was no re-structuring of Peterson's money for this year, so he re-signing was merely an extension and has no current-year impact.

=Z=

C Mac D
09-14-2011, 10:46 AM
From what I read, there was no re-structuring of Peterson's money for this year, so he re-signing was merely an extension and has no current-year impact.

=Z=

Got it, thought that might have been the case. Well, hopefully they spend the money on cool fireworks or something.

vikingivan
09-14-2011, 11:00 AM
McNabb throws for 120 and a TD. Peterson runs for 150 and 2 TD's. Vikings win 24-16.

i_bleed_purple
09-16-2011, 07:20 PM
Facts:

We sucked last week. Our offense could aspire to be as good as the 76 bucs. Our Defense played above average, but failed when we needed them to step up.

Our ST's came out and played strong. Great return by Harvin, fantastic Punting. FG is a FG, gotta improve the kickoffs though.

SD is one of the top teams in the league. Great O, Great D, shit ST's, same story this year as last year.

We really should never have been in that game, a great return TD gave us a sense of hope, a good drive with some good runs by AP gave us confidence. Shitty Playcalling and poor execution cost us the game.

As the week progresses I've updated my prediction

I predict a 27-19* victory for the Vikings.

Yes, that's right, Victory. As poorly as we looked, we went up against one of the top defenses in the league. We ran through them. We can not possibly do worse than 40 passing yards and a pick on Sunday, so that will only get better. We might give up more points, but I feel confident we will also score more points on Offense. We can't rely on a STTD every game, so our line needs to step it up.

I feel we can contain Freeman, Pagac and Fraizer will have a plan in place to keep him in the pocket and limit his arm.

They can't run against us, they will have to pass. With the way our Secondary played, I feel we can keep him under 250. If we stay under 350 total yards, I think we should win.

*that one's for you Zeus ;)

Purple Floyd
09-17-2011, 08:35 AM
Heath Shuler, Akili Smith, David Klingler, Rick Mirer, Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, JaMarcus Russell, Alex Smith, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller, JP Losman, Matt Leinart.

=z= Those players you listed are documented as saying the only reason they suffered was because they sat on the bench developing? Got any links?

Purple Floyd
09-17-2011, 08:43 AM

=z=

Sure, there are players who started right away and did fine, but your claim that if he can't do it now, he'll never do it is completely ridiculous.

So just what is the magical number of games a player has to hold a clipboard before the light goes on? Is your number an even 16, is it 60, 18, 14 or some other number?

Have you consulted with Musgrave on how to handle Ponder if McNabb gets hurt? If he does in say game 4 or 5 do we then need to play Webb so that we don't ruin Ponder for life and find him cuddled in his bed shaking under the covers? How about game 10 or 12? Is he too fragile to play at that point in the season without becoming a basket case?

singersp
09-17-2011, 08:53 AM
Those players you listed are documented as saying the only reason they suffered was because they sat on the bench developing? Got any links?

I believe he's stating those are all QB's who started their rookie season & failed, to counter your notion of starting Ponder right away.