PDA

View Full Version : Vikings and Adrian Peterson Exchanging Proposals

MulletMullitia
09-06-2011, 04:11 AM
From Shawn Zobel at Draft Headquarters:

Draft Headquarters report: Minnesota #Vikings and Adrian Peterson's party have begun contract extension talks, have traded early proposals

It is unclear how extensive the talks have gotten, and there is no word yet on when an agreement would be reached...

however, I can confirm that the two sides are in the early stages of developing what will be one of the highest-paying contracts in the NFL

MulletMullitia
09-06-2011, 04:15 AM
Best news of the offseason! Pay the man Spielman! He is a future hall of famer and deserves to be paid as such. Love hearing that he is working on one of the biggest deals in the NFL. As for the source, I will vouch for Shawn Zobel. Not a big name, and he is young. HOWEVER, he does have legitimate sources. I've been talking Vikings with him all offseason. He hasn't been wrong yet.

i_bleed_purple
09-06-2011, 04:47 AM
Great news.

I don't know what I'd do if AP walked. He could potentially go down as one of the best all-time RB's, and I'd hate to have him be remembered for winning with some other team. It'd be like being a Colts fan and thinking about Marshall Faulk.

Marrdro
09-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Great news.

I don't know what I'd do if AP walked. He could potentially go down as one of the best all-time RB's, and I'd hate to have him be remembered for winning with some other team. It'd be like being a Colts fan and thinking about Marshall Faulk.
This is great news.....

If he did walk, I would just move on. Been alot of "Great" Vikings players that have walked over the last 50 some odd years with another great one coming along to keep us excited. .;)

i_bleed_purple
09-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Ill be honest, I fully expected this to be a shopped pick of fraizer down on one knee.

Marrdro
09-06-2011, 06:27 PM
The Titans and Johnson agreed to a contract last week that, at face value, would appear to raise the bar to absurd levels. He received a four-year, $53.5 million extension, which, at first glance, would appear to be worth $13.4 million per season. However, Johnson was three years into a five-year rookie contract, making the contract he signed a four-year extension on the back end of the rookie deal. In essence, the deal is six years for $56 million, approximately $9.3 million a season.

Translation? When the Vikings finally do lock down Peterson he is going nowhere, whether he is signed to a long-term deal or franchised the next season or two it is likely to be a contract in the neighborhood of five years, $55 million with $30 million in guaranteed money. Its going to be a steep price, but, when you have the best running back in the league, its what the market will bear.

Attention turns to Peterson's contract (http://min.scout.com/2/1103374.html)
One thing the author mentions is that AD has reached all his escalator clauses in his first contract.

That alone would make me think that his agent is really working hard to get another deal done for his client.