PDA

View Full Version : K Williams expects to play entire season in pain

Marrdro
08-30-2011, 05:28 PM
Kevin Williams is resigned to the fact his left foot isn't going to stop hurting anytime soon.

But the All-Pro defensive tackle said that doesn't mean his bout with plantar fasciitis is anything to worry about.

"It's a situation where I feel it's not going to go away until maybe the offseason," said Williams, a surprise participant at Vikings practice Monday. "We're just going to deal with it and try to grin and bear it."

Kevin Williams expects to play entire season in pain
(http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/128668243.html)
Were is that crying emoticon when you need it.

i_bleed_purple
08-30-2011, 05:56 PM
Must be missing those roids eh Marty?

Marrdro
08-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Must be missing those roids eh Marty?
You jest, however, don't think that it didn't run through my pea brain. I just elected not to say it.

Truth of the matter is, those things help a player stay healthy my friend. Not sure if its the case here.

kevoncox
08-30-2011, 07:12 PM
He could just double up on NSAIDs,which mech of action is to prohibit the inflammation process. Since PF is directly related to the inflammation of the tendon, it should be a none issue minus some possible gastrointestinal bleeding.

You can thank the 40K I am dumping in to Nursing school for this answer :(

Marrdro
08-30-2011, 07:22 PM
He could just double up on NSAIDs,which mech of action is to prohibit the inflammation process. Since PF is directly related to the inflammation of the tendon, it should be a none issue minus some possible gastrointestinal bleeding.

You can thank the 40K I am dumping in to Nursing school for this answer :(
I posted some stuff on PF last week and was hoping you or Doc would comment on it.

I guess my biggest worry is that to play at the next level, you can play dinged a bit and still do OK, but to play at the level we need K-dubb to play at, he needs to be pretty close to 100%.

My concern here is that he isn't gonna be 100% for the whole season and we really don't have a NT like guy that can take some of the heat off of him in our base.