PDA

View Full Version : Jared Allen's MMA training pays off

singersp
08-09-2011, 01:45 AM
Allen's MMA training pays off

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-08-08/minnesota-vikings-training-camp-allens-mma-training-pays-off

Freakout
08-09-2011, 02:03 AM
Which leaves the Allen vs. Johnson battle the equivalent of the chicken or the egg.

The old mullet wearing Jared Allen was a nightmare for anyone to block. If he has truly gotten himself back in tip top shape then watch out league because he clearly regressed last season. He struggled to get around any tackle he went against it seemed.

i_bleed_purple
08-09-2011, 03:00 AM
Which leaves the Allen vs. Johnson battle the equivalent of the chicken or the egg.

The old mullet wearing Jared Allen was a nightmare for anyone to block. If he has truly gotten himself back in tip top shape then watch out league because he clearly regressed last season. He struggled to get around any tackle he went against it seemed.

For the first few weeks, yes. For the second half of the season he was playing like an animal.

In the last nine games, he had 10 sacks. Not sure what more you expect. Would be nice for him to show up the first 7 games, but he was in full-on beast mode at the end of the season.

Freakout
08-09-2011, 04:07 AM

For the first few weeks, yes. For the second half of the season he was playing like an animal.

In the last nine games, he had 10 sacks. Not sure what more you expect. Would be nice for him to show up the first 7 games, but he was in full-on beast mode at the end of the season.

My gripe about Jared is the way he can go 3-4 games without a sack then against a weaker opponent he may rack up 3-4 sacks in one game. I just wish his production was more consistent instead of being so hot or cold.

i_bleed_purple
08-09-2011, 04:11 AM

My gripe about Jared is the way he can go 3-4 games without a sack then against a weaker opponent he may rack up 3-4 sacks in one game. I just wish his production was more consistent instead of being so hot or cold.

Week 9: 2.5
Week 10: 2
Week 11: 1
Week 12: 1
Week 13: 1
Week 14: 1
Week 15: 0
Week 16: 1
Week 17: 0.5

You were saying?

During that span he also had an interception return for a TD

Freakout
08-09-2011, 04:28 AM

You were saying?

Yeah but you cannot stick your head in the sand and ignore the previous weeks. They still mattered.

If he plays like he did the second half of the season all season long then I won't say a bad word about him.

i_bleed_purple
08-09-2011, 04:31 AM

You were saying?

Yeah but you cannot stick your head in the sand and ignore the previous weeks. They still mattered.

If he plays like he did the second half of the season all season long then I won't say a bad word about him.

I get that. I was saying for the second half of the season he was on fire almost every game. It's not like he had a crap season, or "clearly regressed last season. Struggl[ing] to get around any tackle he went against it seemed. "

That was obviously not the case. First few weeks, yes. once he got going, boy did he get going.

BloodyHorns82
08-09-2011, 03:05 PM
This MMA training for Allen is nothing new. Not sure why it didn't pay off last year.

seaniemck7
08-09-2011, 04:20 PM
This MMA training for Allen is nothing new. Not sure why it didn't pay off last year.

Because he got married and cutoff his mullett.

purplejokr
08-11-2011, 10:07 AM
I have always liked Allen and I feel that mortgaging that one draft to pry him from Kansas City was a wise decision. With that said, I hope that he can continue his torrid pace from the final half of the season. He makes the defense that much better when he's bringing consistent heat.