PDA

View Full Version : McKinnie placed on non-football injury list

kevoncox
08-02-2011, 12:58 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/29326/quick-hits-training-camp-tidbits

Item: Minnesota Vikings left tackle Bryant McKinnie was placed on the non-football injury list to start camp.
Comment: Coach Leslie Frazier wouldn't tell reporters why the move was made but implied that McKinnie's weight was part of the issue and said he would eventually share more information. It's also worth noting that the Vikings signed free agent offensive lineman Charlie Johnson, who can play both tackle and guard positions.

VikesFan787
08-02-2011, 01:32 AM
Done for season?

MulletMullitia
08-02-2011, 01:39 AM
He needs to quit playing so much tennis with the Williams sisters! He gained 40 lbs of muscle this offseason ;)

Purple Floyd
08-02-2011, 01:44 AM
I thought he had slimmed down and was in better shape.

Guess not.

vikinggreg
08-02-2011, 02:33 AM
He needs to quit playing so much tennis with the Williams sisters! He gained 40 lbs of muscle this offseason ;)

I was worried he might have been concussed after being hit with a clue by four

Freakout
08-02-2011, 02:36 AM
I thought he had slimmed down and was in better shape.

Guess not.

A trim 355 lbs.

Minniman
08-02-2011, 04:35 AM
The bad news is that McKinnie likely came to camp way overweight once again.

The good news is that the Vikings are unwilling to put up with it.

In my opinion, McKinnie does not have mental toughness. He has used his size to get away with being overweight and giving up on plays. He has needed to slim down and play with better technique, and he has failed to do so season after season.

Chazz
08-02-2011, 04:47 AM
As far as I'm concerned they can cut his overpaid, overrated lazy ass. But that's just me.

Minniman
08-02-2011, 04:52 AM
As far as I'm concerned they can cut his overpaid, overrated lazy ass. But that's just me.
What a waste of natural physical size.

Perhaps he never really wanted to be a football player. I do not know him personally, but he does not look to appreciate the profession.

Chazz
08-02-2011, 04:56 AM

Perhaps he never really wanted to be a football player. I do not know him personally, but he does not look to appreciate the profession.

For real...there is no better example then his "pro bowl" debacle.

AngloVike
08-02-2011, 08:14 AM

I hear you, made him almost as butch as them :laugh:
Seriously though if it is a case of conditioning and weight then why is anyone surprised. When he had his holdout in his rookie season he arrived at the team overweight and out of condition. I know people say that I hate on him but I would have a little more respect if he at least made an effort to keep himself ready to play, not as if he didn't know that there was going to be a season ( unless he was in the background trying to sabotage the CBA talks )

ejmat
08-02-2011, 11:49 AM

I hear you, made him almost as butch as them :laugh:
Seriously though if it is a case of conditioning and weight then why is anyone surprised. When he had his holdout in his rookie season he arrived at the team overweight and out of condition. I know people say that I hate on him but I would have a little more respect if he at least made an effort to keep himself ready to play, not as if he didn't know that there was going to be a season ( unless he was in the background trying to sabotage the CBA talks )
I agree. As far as I'm concerned I wish the Vikings had a lot of depth on the OL so they could cut his lazy ass. I'm glad the picked up Johnson but they would still need someone else unfortunately. Hopefully they find someone that can play LT. I know Johnson can so that's good news. To be very honest it's not like he did anything good for the team last year so if they cut his fat overpaid ass I'd be fine with it either way.

VikesFan787
08-02-2011, 12:26 PM
I don't like this guy. He thinks he is hot shit. I remember a video I saw where he was on stage at his birthday and I can't be sure but I think I remember him and Chester Taylor "making it rain"

skum
08-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Vikings Injury Report:

Chris Cook (Knee)
Cedric Griffin (Knee)
Steve Hutchinson (Thumb)
Adrian Peterson (Knee)
Bryant McKinnie (Cheeseburgers)

singersp
08-02-2011, 12:45 PM

No, the bad news is the Vikings didn't cut his fat, lazy Gilbert Burger eating ass to make cap room for someone who could contribute to our passing game.

Bet his wrists are in good shape though from tipping drinks at the clubs.

singersp
08-02-2011, 12:55 PM
McKinnie Replaced By Speedier Pass Blocker

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/McKinnie_replaced.jpg

ejmat
08-02-2011, 01:05 PM

No, the bad news is the Vikings didn't cut his fat, lazy Gilbert Burger eating ass to make cap room for someone who could contribute to our passing game.

I would also think his arms were in decent shape after lifting those poles to hit bouncers with.

Jarlvik
08-02-2011, 02:34 PM
An opportunity to return to Pro Bowl form is a terrible thing to waste (or should I say "waist"). Cut him so he can go on "Biggest Loser".

Tad7
08-02-2011, 02:39 PM

Yeah it seems pretty obvious football is just a paycheck to fund his lifestyle and hobbies.

Geebus
08-02-2011, 03:04 PM
Not that Twitter by any means is how ppl are. however it goes a long way of telling what these players use their time on.

I follow most of the viking players, and the only tweets from mount fatty is about partying and promoting singers (does he have a record label or something?)

Anyway I have never seen him tweet anything football related.

Up until now I've tried to be positive about Mck however now is the time to get rid of him, I say Get C Johnson to play LT and then try to trade away this silly overpaid piece of lard.

i_bleed_purple
08-02-2011, 03:08 PM
I've had to un-follow Mac because his posts just get annoying.

Just about partying and his record label.

jmcdon00
08-02-2011, 03:16 PM
With just over a month before the regular season begins it is unlikely he will be ready. I too think it's time to cut our losses and move on.

i_bleed_purple
08-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Everyone on twitter should tweet him and let him know what a lazy pos he is.

Freya
08-02-2011, 03:18 PM

So true! *clapping*

I cannot wait until this overpaid waste is off the team.

12purplepride28
08-02-2011, 03:47 PM
McKinnie Replaced By Speedier Pass Blocker

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/McKinnie_replaced.jpg

Hahaha, made me lol.

I really hope he gets cut.

ejmat
08-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Everyone on twitter should tweet him and let him know what a lazy pos he is.
I actually did but it was on facebook. I told him what a lazy POS (not in those words) I and others thought he was. I told him if he spent as much time earning a living playing football he might live up to his reputation. Who knows if he read it or saw it. At this point, I just hope we can either trade him or cut him.

BloodyHorns82
08-02-2011, 05:30 PM
I also had to unfollow him on Twitter for awhile. I started following him again a month or so a go to see if anything had changed - nope. Only tweets about his record promotions and partying, but mostly record promotions. It's clear where his top 2 priorities are. I'm not even sure football is in his top three.

2beersTommy
08-02-2011, 06:03 PM
could possibly be released LOL

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/43987353/ns/sports-player_news/

MulletMullitia
08-02-2011, 06:13 PM

He's way too valuable to be released. He'll be traded. We already initiated trade talks.

lumberjackgreg
08-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Who have we initiated trade talks with? Source??

2beersTommy
08-02-2011, 07:02 PM
gotta be either the water or ball boy!

VikesFan787
08-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Trade him for Venus' ass. That would block more efficiently.

i_bleed_purple
08-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Trade him for Venus' ass. That would block more efficiently.

The Williams sisters lining up at OL is enough to intimidate any defense.

2beersTommy
08-02-2011, 11:46 PM

He's way too valuable to be released. He'll be traded. We already initiated trade talks.

NOTTTTTTTTTTTTT! lol

MulletMullitia
08-02-2011, 11:57 PM

NOTTTTTTTTTTTTT! lol

We only tried for an hour to trade him. But our compensation will come when we sign a player using that 5 million we just saved.

2beersTommy
08-03-2011, 12:03 AM

NOTTTTTTTTTTTTT! lol

We only tried for an hour to trade him. But our compensation will come when we sign a player using that 5 million we just saved.

I hear that..I hope they spend it wisely

singersp
08-03-2011, 01:32 AM
Someone needs to change the title to read "McKinnie placed on curb"