PDA

View Full Version : Vikings Power Structure

singersp
06-27-2011, 02:01 PM
Vikings Power Structure

http://thevikingage.com/2011/06/24/vikings-power-structure/

On the flipside, the Vikings do not have a GM, but rather a triangle of authority. The difference in this case is that Coach Frazier (and previously Brad Childress), Rick Spielmann and Rob Brzezinski work as a team, and all have input on all decisions made....

Marrdro
06-27-2011, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the read my friend.

I for one despise the Trianglethingamajib. The HC should only have to worry about coaching the team the GM puts on the field and the CAP guru should just worry about the CAP.

In short, sometimes a dictatorship is the best solution. Football is one of those situations.

Macken
06-27-2011, 08:28 PM

I for one despise the Trianglethingamajib. The HC should only have to worry about coaching the team the GM puts on the field and the CAP guru should just worry about the CAP.

In short, sometimes a dictatorship is the best solution. Football is one of those situations.

very well said. The HC should not have to goto others for any decisions he makes that he feels benefit the team on the field as well.

Marrdro
06-27-2011, 08:48 PM

very well said. The HC should not have to goto others for any decisions he makes that he feels benefit the team on the field as well.
Agree, the 53 man roster is his to do with what he feels.

Damn I like you. :laugh:

Purple Floyd
06-28-2011, 03:34 AM
I think the best name for the arrangement is the Bermuda Triangle because it is where careers disappear in an instant.

Marrdro
06-28-2011, 02:37 PM
I think the best name for the arrangement is the Bermuda Triangle because it is where careers disappear in an instant.
LOL, well played.

Caine
06-29-2011, 01:04 PM
I am one of those who would rather have a GM. I don't like the Triumvirate Of Terror, and never have.

What's left out is how Zygi is involved in everything decided as well. I find it interesting that they're downplaying that element of late. But, in my honest opinion, Zygi's involvement is why we won't have a GM as long as he's the owner...a GM would tell him to butt out.

I also disagree with the articles author that we've done fine with player acquisition...our last season should have been sufficient evidence of that.

Caine

i_bleed_purple
06-29-2011, 01:50 PM
down with the shithole trifecta