PDA

View Full Version : Mark Herzlich

Ranger
05-02-2011, 09:45 PM
This guy didn't get drafted, and he's a monster. Anybody else think that he'd be a fantastic LB for us as an URFA?

battleaxe4cheese
05-02-2011, 09:54 PM
I hope he has beaten the cancer and is free of it for good. Great work ethic but a risky proposition.

midgensa
05-02-2011, 11:19 PM
Not risky as a UDFA ... I would have no problem bringing him in. By he is going to be one of the higher demand UDFAs.

mad-dog_six-eight
05-02-2011, 11:35 PM
I hope he has beaten the cancer and is free of it for good. Great work ethic but a risky proposition.

that reminds me of Udeze. Heck of a player but a terrible loss on the field. He's lucky though, at least he's still alive.

kevoncox
05-03-2011, 12:12 AM
I owuld have liked us to burn a 7th rounder on the kid. Hell trade our 7th next year for a 7th this year. I'm sure some team would have taken that.

Johnson14
05-03-2011, 02:13 PM
It's a great story how he has battled cancer and i really hope the kid gets to play in the NFL, he is a living example of never say die and never stop believing.

Johnson14
05-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Just seen on Twitter that Herzlich got drafted by the UFL side the Omaha Nighthawks last night.

Best of luck to him :)

12purplepride28
05-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Just seen on Twitter that Herzlich got drafted by the UFL side the Omaha Nighthawks last night.

Best of luck to him :)

Oh score! My favorite UFL team.

Traveling_Vike
05-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Yep... in the 11th round.

The UFL season will be over by mid-NFL season, so maybe we could snag him then once he's done.

midgensa
05-03-2011, 08:21 PM
He could just not go to the UFL and play in the NFL. Just because he was drafted by the UFL does not mean he has to play there.

I imagine he will get offered a UDFA contract as soon as the entire labor mess is cleared up.

i_bleed_purple
05-03-2011, 08:36 PM
He could just not go to the UFL and play in the NFL. Just because he was drafted by the UFL does not mean he has to play there.

I imagine he will get offered a UDFA contract as soon as the entire labor mess is cleared up.

He'll play I guess wherever he thinks gives him the best shot at a position.

10th round of the UFL draft makes him a 51st overall pick. Equal to a second rounder in the NFL draft.

I bet he has a far better chance there than making it on an NFL team.

On a side note, RB Adrian Peterson was a 3rd round pick

midgensa
05-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Well ... part of the reason he was not a high pick in the UFL is I am sure they thought he might not play there and be in the NFL.

For the most part all of the early drafts are players that the league is almost certain will be available. The Herzlich pick is a flier in case the lockout keeps going.

Without a lockout, Herzlich would already be in a camp as a UDFA. And the thing is ... he could EASILY just wait, go to a camp, get cut and still be in the UFL within two weeks.

Another side note ... Andrae Allison was the 19th pick.

Johnson14
05-04-2011, 02:13 PM
The UFL is a great chance for him to go out and play and show what he can do at the next level, well a level above NCAA, and prove that he can play.

Zeus
05-09-2011, 07:21 PM

Read today that he's not going to play in the UFL.

=Z=