PDA

View Full Version : Madieu Williams Is Man of the Year finalist

singersp
01-24-2011, 12:44 PM
Vikings DB Williams Man of the Year finalist

Vikings safety Madieu Williams is among three finalists for the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/114463464.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUo8cyaiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUoD3aPc:_2yc:a_ncyD_MDCiU

12purplepride28
01-24-2011, 04:49 PM
I really hope he wins, it will look good next to his MVP trophy.

battleaxe4cheese
01-24-2011, 04:51 PM
I'm glad for him, but I would also like to see "safety of the year".;)

AngloVike
01-24-2011, 10:39 PM
I'm glad for him, but I would also like to see "safety of the year".;)
as well as the team 'leading tackler' award as well :woohoo:

Rockmolder
01-25-2011, 12:08 AM

MVP of what? Vikings safety position? He might get that one, yeah.

Anyway, it's nice to see his generosity and kindness rewarded. It's something that seems lost on a lot of NFL players. It's good to see players like him stand out of the crowd.

MaxVike
01-25-2011, 12:36 AM
I remember when the Vikes signed him. First thing Madieu did was to establish his charity in Minneapolis. Subsequently, there was a story published in either the StarTribune or the Pioneer Press, highlighting what a quality human being he is. I was excited to have such an individual on the Vikes at the time...and, I'm still impressed by his contribution to the community and his humbleness. Ideally, he'd be like Troy Polamalu on the field, but, he's simply a quality human being. Kudos to Madieu Williams for his efforts to make the world a better place...pretty impressive.

12purplepride28
01-25-2011, 03:26 AM

I thought my sarcasm was evident.

Rockmolder
01-25-2011, 11:40 AM

Look at my signature. I'm a Packer fan. Next to not being as smart, I'm always on the defensive here. It's a Mars thing.

12purplepride28
01-25-2011, 04:19 PM

Look at my signature. I'm a Packer fan. Next to not being as smart, I'm always on the defensive here. It's a Mars thing.

It's nice to know you're defensive about our safeties. lol

skum
01-25-2011, 04:29 PM
Amazing that Maddy Williams will be the closest Viking to win an award this season

gregair13
01-25-2011, 08:03 PM
Would be nice if he won.

Minniman
01-27-2011, 05:57 AM
I have used Williams as an example for students in Middle School. He is a quality person. He deserves the award.

It is too bad his game has slipped so much that he likely will not be with the Vikings in the future.

Randy Moss
02-07-2011, 12:24 AM
Great to see him recognized for all he's done, especially since he isn't well known around the league and isn't make 10+ million per year. I can't think of anyone who deserves it more.

JPPT1974
02-07-2011, 05:49 AM
He seems to be a class act. As well as really helping out in the community. Plus playing and doesn't at all, get the recognition that he deserves. But boy, he did deserve this award. Keep up the good work. As you deserved it Madeiu!

gregair13
02-07-2011, 06:06 AM
The only victory the vikings had on the day

i_bleed_purple
02-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Good for him that he won, but the funny thing is nobody cares. If he didn't suck as much at his position, it would be 10x better.

i_bleed_purple
02-07-2011, 08:55 AM
Great to see him recognized for all he's done, especially since he isn't well known around the league and isn't make 10+ million per year. I can't think of anyone who deserves it more.

you need to read, then re-read your statement.

ndnorseman
02-07-2011, 10:02 PM
1. Madieu Williams (one of the worst PLAYERS on the Vikings) is
chosen as Walter Payton's Man of the Year

2. Cris Carter is snubbed AGAIN for the HOF

3. EJ Henderson gets passed over for Comeback Player of the Year

Oddly appropriate outcomes for this season...

delviking
02-07-2011, 11:27 PM
glad he won
now he just needs to go to the abdullah school of how you play safety.
if we could get two guys playing at that lvl we would have decent to good safeties still hoping sanford comes back stronger i mean every safety and corner was beat up all year and missed games.

Prophet
02-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Congratulations to Madieu Williams! A glimmer of hope and pride after a pathetic season.