View Full Version : Possible 2011 Brett Favre NFL teams #1: Minnesota

soonerbornNbred
12-31-2010, 04:34 PM
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-7413766

I knew this would freak ol marrs out:blink:

Purple Floyd
12-31-2010, 05:01 PM
LMAO.

He is DONE after Sunday period. He would have been done already if the team hadn't gone to get him and I will say that even though I have never hated a player more than him during his time with the Packers, I do have a great deal of respect for the way he helped the team last season and for the way he has carried himself during his time with the team.

On Monday he will go back to sitting on his tractor and shooting Armadillos and we can proceed with the Joe Webb experiment and he will just be another footnote in Vikings history. There will be no next year for Brett.

tastywaves
12-31-2010, 05:12 PM
LMAO.

He is DONE after Sunday period. He would have been done already if the team hadn't gone to get him and I will say that even though I have never hated a player more than him during his time with the Packers, I do have a great deal of respect for the way he helped the team last season and for the way he has carried himself during his time with the team.

On Monday he will go back to sitting on his tractor and shooting Armadillos and we can proceed with the Joe Webb experiment and he will just be another footnote in Vikings history. There will be no next year for Brett.

Don't be so sure... He did put the F in NFL, at least that's what the NFL ticker seems to fixate on 24 hours a day.

I don't know if he can handle being a full time nobody, on top of that having to deal with Deanna 24/7.

Come next spring, when he's throwing passes with the high school kids, he'll start making statements like "you know, I feel better this year than I have in a long time"..."I don't think my arm has ever felt better"..."I feel like I can still make the throws"..."I'd love to antagonize Marrdro just one more year"....

Purple Floyd
12-31-2010, 05:24 PM
LMAO.

Don't be so sure... He did put the F in NFL, at least that's what the NFL ticker seems to fixate on 24 hours a day.

I don't know if he can handle being a full time nobody, on top of that having to deal with Deanna 24/7.

Come next spring, when he's throwing passes with the high school kids, he'll start making statements like "you know, I feel better this year than I have in a long time"..."I don't think my arm has ever felt better"..."I feel like I can still make the throws"..."I'd love to antagonize Marrdro just one more year"....

That might make it worth another shot right there lmao.

soonerbornNbred
01-03-2011, 02:46 PM
wasnt that the point

jmcdon00
01-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Less than a year ago he was destroying the Cowboys in the playoffs.

Yes he had a pretty darn awful season but he had a pretty darn awful season with the Jets in 08 and got healthy and came back.

I think if he wants to come back the Frazier and the Vikings will gladly take him(Frazier wanted him to start against the Lions all crippled and stuff, imagine in 6 months when Favre is healthy again).

battleaxe4cheese
01-03-2011, 05:02 PM
I couldn't deal with him opting out of training camp and ota's another year. It's become an embarrassment to the team/coach/league. Great quarterbacks have to know when it's time, and it's time.

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
01-03-2011, 05:56 PM
He's done. Retired, no longer an option. Unfeasable, Kaput. No way, no how. Not going to happen.

Minniman
01-03-2011, 06:15 PM
I couldn't deal with him opting out of training camp and ota's another year. It's become an embarrassment to the team/coach/league. Great quarterbacks have to know when it's time, and it's time.
It is time, and this time it is likely for good.

I believe Brett Favre was not going to come back for the 2010 season. There was just too much keeping him at home. In hindsight, it would have been better for Favre and the Vikings had he done so.

2010 was basically a wasted season. The Vikings did rid themselves of Childress in the process, but that was likely anyway.

midgensa
01-03-2011, 06:27 PM
I think if Frazier is officially hired as it seems he will be ... Then there is about a 15% chance Favre comes back next year. Though I would imagine it would be under a training camp or bust scenario.

Not likely, but with No. 4 ... Definitely not impossible.

Minniman
01-03-2011, 06:34 PM
I think if Frazier is officially hired as it seems he will be ... Then there is about a 15% chance Favre comes back next year. Though I would imagine it would be under a training camp or bust scenario.

Not likely, but with No. 4 ... Definitely not impossible.
If there is a lockout, and the whole NFL starts late. It could happen.

I do believe the injuries, especially the concussion, may persuade Favre to hang it up for good this time, but one never knows till the dinner bell rings.