PDA

View Full Version : The Beer Bet

Marrdro
12-20-2010, 06:06 PM
How come all the good threads get locked over the weekend around here?

Marrdro's buying the beer...Locked Thread (http://www.purplepride.org/forum/2-vikings-fan-forum/1084227-marrdros-buying-the-beer?limit=15&start=45)

El Vikingo......

Make sure ole Marrdro brings the bottles closed,I am sure that cat has something in mind.

You do pay attention......LOL. Excellent post my friend.

EJmat

True! I sure like them. But I do believe Marrdro has quite the disdain for them. Am I correct Mars?
You are correct. You find childish things like them on all the other sites that I don't like to visit anymore. On those sites all you see posters do is claim they are right or someone is wrong and then start calling each other idiots all the time.

At one point, PPO was above all that. Now we have cats on here that post crap like this......

We hope Marrdro (when he dares to show his face again) will do the same.

To think there is someone out there who actually believes someone wouldn't visit a web site over a players performance......Kindof lame if you ask me.

Anyways, I guess its expected as he didn't know the difference between our QB's, thought QB's didn't move off thier spot and tried to say I was referring to a RB instead, couldn't tell time and even believed that the clocks in the stadiums clicked up instead of clicking down.

If I was ever to stoop to the "Owned" level I am sure I would have done it on the many chances you have provided during your limited tenure.

On a side note, this is how you deal with a thread that picks on you for being silly, not the way you did it....."Crying to the mods that someone was picking on you". ;)

Enough time wasted on our good friend the Infidel......Back to the topic at hand.......

Not sure why everyone seems to think the bet is over now that TJ is on IR. Sure turf toe caused Deon (and a few other players) to end thier career but to date I haven't read anything saying TJ's career is over and unless I slept a whole year away at the hunt club last week (I was up there Weds/Thurs/Fri/Sat by the by) I still have time for TJ to prove me correct. B)

LOL.
If the playoffs start (Potential walkout) in 2012 and you aren't satisfied with his play, you win. If you are, I win.

We can get a pic of it happening at a Vikes playoff game. And you know it will have to be more than one Beer....

You're only giving him until 2012? Too easy.

And I plan on it being more than one beer.

Caine

Tarvaris Jackson speaks.... (http://www.purplepride.org/forum/2-vikings-fan-forum/1053175-tarvaris-jackson-speaks?limit=15&start=240#1054354)

marstc09
12-20-2010, 06:09 PM
TJs career is a failure!
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/fail-owned-six-pack.jpg

Infidel
12-20-2010, 06:18 PM
LOL!

Old Marrdro takes a week off in hopes that things would cool down.....and then......old Marrdro (apparently unable to learn) starts a thread to attack others and dig himself deeper into the hole he created for himself.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/DenVII/dig.png

Keep on diggin', my friend......you crack me up.

Marrdro
12-20-2010, 06:31 PM
TJs career is a failure!
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/fail-owned-six-pack.jpg
I always wondered what I could do with that part of the skin that is unpainted.....Now I know. Just gotta get Wildwoman to agree to it. B)

Marrdro
12-20-2010, 06:34 PM
LOL!

Old Marrdro takes a week off in hopes that things would cool down.....and then......old Marrdro (apparently unable to learn) starts a thread to attack others and dig himself deeper into the hole he created for himself.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Keep on diggin', my friend......you crack me up.
You just don't have a clue do ya.........

What I did was after a week of deer hunting (I do it every year, if you were around here long enough you'd know that), not to cool down, I came back to find a thread (opened in jest) that appears to be a fun topic that got lockeds.

Solution, open a new thread, with the other threads link provided as backgroung, that should be fun if everyone plays nice.

Hint hint. ;)

Infidel
12-20-2010, 06:52 PM
Solution, open a new thread, with the other threads link provided as backgroung, that should be fun if everyone plays nice.

So the digging is fun???

Doesn't look like it. Looks like hard work!

:D

Caine
12-20-2010, 11:04 PM

Marrdro's buying the beer...Locked Thread (http://www.purplepride.org/forum/2-vikings-fan-forum/1084227-marrdros-buying-the-beer?limit=15&start=45)

El Vikingo......

Make sure ole Marrdro brings the bottles closed,I am sure that cat has something in mind.

EJmat

True! I sure like them. But I do believe Marrdro has quite the disdain for them. Am I correct Mars?
You are correct. You find childish things like them on all the other sites that I don't like to visit anymore. On those sites all you see posters do is claim they are right or someone is wrong and then start calling each other idiots all the time.

At one point, PPO was above all that. Now we have cats on here that post crap like this......

To think there is someone out there who actually believes someone wouldn't visit a web site over a players performance......Kindof lame if you ask me.

Anyways, I guess its expected as he didn't know the difference between our QB's, thought QB's didn't move off thier spot and tried to say I was referring to a RB instead, couldn't tell time and even believed that the clocks in the stadiums clicked up instead of clicking down.

If I was ever to stoop to the "Owned" level I am sure I would have done it on the many chances you have provided during your limited tenure.

On a side note, this is how you deal with a thread that picks on you for being silly, not the way you did it....."Crying to the mods that someone was picking on you". ;)

Enough time wasted on our good friend the Infidel......Back to the topic at hand.......

Not sure why everyone seems to think the bet is over now that TJ is on IR. Sure turf toe caused Deon (and a few other players) to end thier career but to date I haven't read anything saying TJ's career is over and unless I slept a whole year away at the hunt club last week (I was up there Weds/Thurs/Fri/Sat by the by) I still have time for TJ to prove me correct. B)

LOL.
If the playoffs start (Potential walkout) in 2012 and you aren't satisfied with his play, you win. If you are, I win.

We can get a pic of it happening at a Vikes playoff game. And you know it will have to be more than one Beer....

Caine

Tarvaris Jackson speaks.... (http://www.purplepride.org/forum/2-vikings-fan-forum/1053175-tarvaris-jackson-speaks?limit=15&start=240#1054354)

While the turf toe alone won't end his career, the combination of atrocious play and a lack of interest in Free agency probably will.

FWIW, I think he'll likely sign somewhere as the 3rd option...or as a camp QB...but his chances of being the Vikings starter are about ZERO, and I don't see anyone out there who will more desperate at the QB position than we are.

So, fine, I can wait until 2012...It'll just make me thirstier...

Caine

ultravikingfan
12-21-2010, 01:43 AM
Threads get locked because they are the same lame shit.

I am sure this one is ripe for that as well.

Marrdro
12-21-2010, 03:02 PM

El Vikingo......

EJmat

LOL.

Caine

While the turf toe alone won't end his career, the combination of atrocious play and a lack of interest in Free agency probably will.

FWIW, I think he'll likely sign somewhere as the 3rd option...or as a camp QB...but his chances of being the Vikings starter are about ZERO, and I don't see anyone out there who will more desperate at the QB position than we are.

So, fine, I can wait until 2012...It'll just make me thirstier...

Caine
The turf toe thing worries me. It did end the likes of Deons career.

And I agree, I don't think there is anyway he is the Vikings starter next year. That wasn't the bet. If I was that kid I would take my fragile talented self and go were they need me and start over.

By the way, if you don't think he will get a chance to start, you haven't been watching what other teams are trying to do to fix thier QB issue my friend.

49'rs brought a kid in off the streets.
Cards have gone through how many this year?
Seachickens traded for Whitehurst for goodness sakes.
Raiders traded for Campbell and aren't happy.
Deadskins not only traded for Dnabb, they signed him to a long term contract that they won't honor.
Lions can't keep thier starter healthy.
The Panthers finally got a good showing out of Clausen but look who it was against.
Palmer is done in Cinci.

I think you'd better buy something to quench that thirst my friend and start researching which micro brewery you are going to send my beer to me from. :laugh:

Marrdro
12-21-2010, 03:03 PM

This one is about a beer bet. Nothing old or lame about that my friend. ;)

soonerbornNbred
12-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Please would you two clarify what the bet is so we interested will be clear as to what it is

surely Marrdro didnt say Tjoke would be a NFL starter that would have a winning record

Marrdro
12-21-2010, 03:36 PM
Please would you two clarify what the bet is so we interested will be clear as to what it is

surely Marrdro didnt say Tjoke would be a NFL starter that would have a winning record
Its in the original post but I will include it here again....

Only quantifier is that Caine is satisfied with his play. Nothing about playoffs or starter stuff although, assumption on my part is that he would have to start the predominance of a teams games and be successful doing it to make Caine (and EJ) happy.;)

Caine
12-21-2010, 03:56 PM

Only quantifier is that Caine is satisfied with his play. Nothing about playoffs or starter stuff although, assumption on my part is that he would have to start the predominance of a teams games and be successful doing it to make Caine (and EJ) happy.;)

Right. It was a pretty nebulous bet...but I did give MArrdro the opportunity to define the terms...and those were his terms.

In order for me to be "satisfied", Jackson will have to prove himself to be a viable starting option - that is what he was billed as, that is what I expect to see. Nothing I have seen to date indicates to me that he is anywhere near that.

Now, Marr is desperately looking for places where Jackson might get a shot - the problem here is that I don't think even the most desperate teams were all that impressed with Jackson. IMHO, he will wind up signing somewhere as the 3rd option for League minimum.

If he does, he will have one season to prove he belongs in the NFL - and to give the indication that he could be a successful starter.

Truthfully, he was a lot closer to that goal last September, after a horrible preseason, than he is right now. He put himself into a hole with his poor showings.

Caine

Marrdro
12-21-2010, 04:06 PM

Right. It was a pretty nebulous bet...but I did give MArrdro the opportunity to define the terms...and those were his terms.

In order for me to be "satisfied", Jackson will have to prove himself to be a viable starting option - that is what he was billed as, that is what I expect to see. Nothing I have seen to date indicates to me that he is anywhere near that.

Now, Marr is desperately looking for places where Jackson might get a shot - the problem here is that I don't think even the most desperate teams were all that impressed with Jackson. IMHO, he will wind up signing somewhere as the 3rd option for League minimum.

If he does, he will have one season to prove he belongs in the NFL - and to give the indication that he could be a successful starter.

Truthfully, he was a lot closer to that goal last September, after a horrible preseason, than he is right now. He put himself into a hole with his poor showings.

Caine
LOL, if anything the bet is in your favor as the quantifier is your satisfaction.

By the way, I'm not desparately seeking anything. My guess, TJ's agent is. I'm just gonna sit back with interest and watch. :laugh:

Caine
12-21-2010, 04:10 PM

Caine
LOL, if anything the bet is in your favor as the quantifier is your satisfaction.

By the way, I'm not desparately seeking anything. My guess, TJ's agent is. I'm just gonna sit back with interest and watch. :laugh:

Of course the bet is in my favor...you bet on JACKSON!!!!! You lost right then and there.

Caine

Marrdro
12-21-2010, 04:35 PM

Caine

Of course the bet is in my favor...you bet on JACKSON!!!!! You lost right then and there.

Caine
LOL, touche' my friend. Well played. B)

ultravikingfan
12-21-2010, 09:48 PM

I am quite positive it will turn into the other thread...quickly.

Caine
12-22-2010, 12:25 AM

I would hope not. This is SUPPOSED to be about the bet ejmat and I have with Marrdro. This is NOT supposed to be about "na-na-na-na boo-boo"...although a small amount of that will likely creep in from time to time.

But, most importantly, this is SUPPOSED to be a FRIENDLY wager with FRIENDLY ribbing directed back and forth...as all bets among friends are.

The OTHER thread was supposed to be that way too, but a certain individual who shall remain nameless diverted the thread.

As it stands right now, Marty is looking at a seriously large bar tab. The chances of Jackson rising above and making it are almost non-existent...

...but he does have until the Play-offs in 2012.

Maybe beer prices will drop a bit so it won't cost you so much, Marr.

Caine

Marrdro
12-22-2010, 08:07 PM

I would hope not. This is SUPPOSED to be about the bet ejmat and I have with Marrdro. This is NOT supposed to be about "na-na-na-na boo-boo"...although a small amount of that will likely creep in from time to time.

But, most importantly, this is SUPPOSED to be a FRIENDLY wager with FRIENDLY ribbing directed back and forth...as all bets among friends are.

The OTHER thread was supposed to be that way too, but a certain individual who shall remain nameless diverted the thread.

As it stands right now, Marty is looking at a seriously large bar tab. The chances of Jackson rising above and making it are almost non-existent...

Caine
Again, the turf toe worries me. We saw it spell the doom for the likes of Deon.

If he can get over that, I suspect I will be swilling the best barley pop money can buy. Isn't EJ some sort of mayor or something like that?

Caine
12-22-2010, 08:21 PM

Caine

If he can get over that, I suspect I will be swilling the best barley pop money can buy. Isn't EJ some sort of mayor or something like that?

Riiiight. Because Jackson was making such a great case for himself prior to the turf toe injury...

Too funny...

Caine

Marrdro
12-22-2010, 08:25 PM

Caine

Riiiight. Because Jackson was making such a great case for himself prior to the turf toe injury...

Too funny...

Caine
I'm not gonna go down that rabbit hole again my friend. Time will tell. Time will tell. B)

Caine
12-22-2010, 08:27 PM

Caine

Too funny...

Caine
I'm not gonna go down that rabbit hole again my friend. Time will tell. Time will tell. B)

Time has told...again and again and again...

You're just not listening.

:P

Caine

Marrdro
12-22-2010, 08:44 PM

Caine

Too funny...

Caine

Caine
He still hasn't run with the ones my friend. Bad news for Joe is he won't get the shot either.

Caine
12-22-2010, 08:47 PM

Caine

Too funny...

Caine

Caine
He still hasn't run with the ones my friend. Bad news for Joe is he won't get the shot either.

Ummmmm...who was on the field with him versus Buffalo and New York? The 3's?

Caine