PDA

View Full Version : Jackson's streak over

Culpepper_4717
12-14-2010, 08:16 AM
After only starting one game could this be the end of Tarvaris Jackson's streak?

Tarvaris Jackson said his right big toe got bent back during the game.

I'm not a doctor, but this could be serious. :laugh:

Purple Floyd
12-14-2010, 12:48 PM
After only starting one game could this be the end of Tarvaris Jackson's streak?

Tarvaris Jackson said his right big toe got bent back during the game.

I'm not a doctor, but this could be serious. :laugh:

Damn, his streak snapped only 296 games behind Brett. I thought he really had a chance at catching him lmao.

Tad7
12-14-2010, 12:52 PM
No, his streak will continue if Brett Favre isn't ready to go next week.

i_bleed_purple
12-14-2010, 02:12 PM

Joe Webb Streak!

I'm curious, when Webb came onto the field did the crowd cheer?

I know in preseason, when Webb came on, the whole dome started cheering loudly for him. TJ, not so much.

I assume in Detroit, most of them have no idea who Webb is, but you never know.

Prophet
12-14-2010, 02:40 PM
It will be headline news if his streak ever breaks into the double-digits.

Culpepper_4717
12-14-2010, 04:10 PM

Judd said they did.

i_bleed_purple
12-14-2010, 04:11 PM

Judd said they did.

Good. Get that kid's confidence up, he's gonna need it.

Marrdro
12-14-2010, 05:20 PM

Joe Webb Streak!

I know in preseason, when Webb came on, the whole dome started cheering loudly for him. TJ, not so much.

LOL, I love this stuff.

My guess, the same ones that cheered for Webb cheered for Blue and wanted him to start at S cause he made one decent play in pre-season. :laugh:

i_bleed_purple
12-14-2010, 05:24 PM

Joe Webb Streak!

LOL, I love this stuff.

My guess, the same ones that cheered for Webb cheered for Blue and wanted him to start at S cause he made one decent play in pre-season. :laugh:

So what, Cheering for a young new QB is bad now?

Webb is an exciting guy to watch from preseason. People want to see how he'll do. That's why they cheer. That, and TJ gets off the field.

Do I want Webb to be our starter next year? Hell no! I would like to see if maybe he can do anything with our offense, since he's the most mobile, healthiest and didn't have any major screwups yet.

I'd like to see him, but I don't want him starting. He's likely not ready.

NodakPaul
12-14-2010, 05:24 PM

Joe Webb Streak!

LOL, I love this stuff.

Let's be fair here. The people cheering for Webb were doing so more because they were tired of TJack, not for any other reason.

My guess is the same ones who were cheering for Webb were the same that cheered for TJack when he came in in relief of Brad Johnson in 2006.

i_bleed_purple
12-14-2010, 05:31 PM

Joe Webb Streak!

LOL, I love this stuff.

Let's be fair here. The people cheering for Webb were doing so more because they were tired of TJack, not for any other reason.

My guess is the same ones who were cheering for Webb were the same that cheered for TJack when he came in in relief of Brad Johnson in 2006.

that would be correct most likely. I was one of them haha.

Marrdro
12-14-2010, 05:36 PM

Joe Webb Streak!

LOL, I love this stuff.

Were did I say that? Thats it, I'm keeping a closer watch on you than I normally do. ;)

Webb is an exciting guy to watch from preseason. People want to see how he'll do. That's why they cheer. That, and TJ gets off the field.

Do I want Webb to be our starter next year? Hell no! I would like to see if maybe he can do anything with our offense, since he's the most mobile, healthiest and didn't have any major screwups yet.

I can go back and find the same kind of comments about TJ when BJ was sucking, just as I can for the guys I mentioned that wanted Blue on the field.

You wanna see them, watch during pre-season. They can be exciting there. Watching him last night was exciting. He ran and he threw one good throw on a rope. Big deal.

i_bleed_purple
12-14-2010, 05:41 PM

Joe Webb Streak!

LOL, I love this stuff.

Were did I say that? Thats it, I'm keeping a closer watch on you than I normally do. ;) where you compare people cheering for Webb to the asshats who were wanting Blue and Jason Carter to be starting for the Vikings.

I can go back and find the same kind of comments about TJ when BJ was sucking, just as I can for the guys I mentioned that wanted Blue on the field.

You wanna see them, watch during pre-season. They can be exciting there. Watching him last night was exciting. He ran and he threw one good throw on a rope. Big deal.

Yeah, it really is quite similar. But at this point, the season is done, and TJ isn't in the future for us. Give Webb some plays maybe. Maybe don't start him, but why not leave Webb out there for the rest of the game rather than continuing to put TJ back out there, then running the ball for no gain? Worst case, Webb doesn't do a whole lot, we run out the clock and lose. Best case, Webb makes a few nice plays, we still lose, but know all hope is not lost if Tj goes down....that last part made me laugh.

Infidel
12-14-2010, 05:43 PM
Jackson has a more interesting streak going.

The Colliding with Your Teammates Streak!

:D

Marrdro
12-14-2010, 05:51 PM

Joe Webb Streak!

LOL, I love this stuff.

I guess I can live with that. Doesn't mean I agree, especially on the whole TJ thing, but I can live with that.

Caine
12-14-2010, 07:42 PM

Joe Webb Streak!

LOL, I love this stuff.

I guess I can live with that. Doesn't mean I agree, especially on the whole TJ thing, but I can live with that.

It must be hard to come to grips with being so completely and totally wrong about this topic for so long...

I wouldn't know personally, but I've heard from others that it is...

Don't worry, we'll let you drink some of the beers you're buying for us too....that might help take the edge off the pain of being so completely wrong...

Caine

Infidel
12-14-2010, 07:45 PM
Poor Marrdro.

Well, he DID bring it on himself.

Stuffed with crow, is the great Marrdro.

We can only hope he learns from this drubbing.

Marrdro
12-14-2010, 07:46 PM

Joe Webb Streak!

LOL, I love this stuff.

It must be hard to come to grips with being so completely and totally wrong about this topic for so long...

Don't worry, we'll let you drink some of the beers you're buying for us too....that might help take the edge off the pain of being so completely wrong...

Caine
LOL, well, I still say I'm on target and it hasn't been that long. I've been on this bandwagon since late last year.

On a side note, I will send you the link to the Micro Brewies in the area that you and EJ will send your bets to me from and I don't intend to share. B)

Marrdro
12-14-2010, 07:48 PM
Poor Marrdro.

Which was was the clock running on the channel you watched the game on?

LOL, in short, when I learn something from you, you will be the first to know it. My guess, it will be along time before its coming so I wouldn't hold my breathe if I was you. :laugh:

Infidel
12-14-2010, 08:13 PM
Marrdro said:

...when I learn something from you, you will be the first to know it.

Which was was was was wha? Spitting feathers, my friend?

LOL!

If you could learn, you'd have learned by now to keep your mouth shut.

You just dig yourself in deeper the more you dig.

Don't talk with your mouth full of crow.

Marrdro
12-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Marrdro said:

LOL!

I still say you don't even watch the games. Todate you haven't fixed that opinion.:laugh:

Infidel
12-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Like most of your opinions, that's wrong.

That's why you eat so much crow.

rednorsk
12-15-2010, 03:56 AM
Adam Weber is available.:woohoo:

Garland Greene
12-16-2010, 06:46 PM
The part I find the most confusing is the people who ripped on Chilly for his decision making and lack of doing anything right but at the same tome supported TJoke who well as I remember Chilly was the whole reason he was here in the first place. And stayed for as long as he did. Remember TJoke was a FA last season, a restricted one but could of been had for cheap, But NO TEAMS picked him up. With teams like AZ, Cleveland, Carolina, and in some respects Buffalo, and SF were. They had no interest in him? They had more confidence in the scrubs they have now rather than TJoke?

Infidel
12-16-2010, 06:54 PM
I always said Favre gave us a better chance to win, but I also thought TJ deserved a fair chance when Favre left.

Turns out that with our incompetent O-Line.....TJ didn't get any better chance than Favre did. He's got enough potential that he may catch on with another team that's hurting for a backup.......anyhow, I wish him well.

Now Webb won't get a fair chance due to our incompetent O-Line.

How long can this go on?

Garland Greene
12-16-2010, 06:58 PM
I am all for giving Webb a chance. Lets see what he has. It may not be fair with the OL but I woudl rather see what he can do with some Challenges, because face it he will have to face some sort of situation like this somewhere at sometime.

i_bleed_purple
12-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Tarvaris Jackson has officially been put on IR as of today.

idahovikefan7
12-16-2010, 07:48 PM
I almost spit coffee all over my computer when I saw this thread. Too funny.

skum
12-16-2010, 08:07 PM
Tragic that Favre goes for 297 and T-Jack goes 1 game, messes up his toe..

Caine
12-16-2010, 08:53 PM

By the terms of the BET, MArrdro OFFICIALLY owes beers to those who bet against him...

..primarily...ME.

IIRC, Marrdro stated that by the end of THIS season, we would recognize that Jackson is a quality starter.

From where I sit, Jackson played in 2 games, and started one. He sucked bag in both.

With him being on IR, he will have no further opportunities to validate himself...but the fact that he INVALIDATED himself by being so fragile - on top of sucking - means that there is NO WAY I would consider him a viable starter candidate....unless it was for the Packers.

Therefore, I consider this bet WON, and will now begin to make arrangements with Marrdro for us to meet at a game next season...where HE will be BUYING MY BEER!!!!

You'd think people would learn by now not to bet against me....

Caine

VikingMike
12-16-2010, 09:05 PM

By the terms of the BET, MArrdro OFFICIALLY owes beers to those who bet against him...

..primarily...ME.

IIRC, Marrdro stated that by the end of THIS season, we would recognize that Jackson is a quality starter.

From where I sit, Jackson played in 2 games, and started one. He sucked bag in both.

With him being on IR, he will have no further opportunities to validate himself...but the fact that he INVALIDATED himself by being so fragile - on top of sucking - means that there is NO WAY I would consider him a viable starter candidate....unless it was for the Packers.

Therefore, I consider this bet WON, and will now begin to make arrangements with Marrdro for us to meet at a game next season...where HE will be BUYING MY BEER!!!!

Caine

The BEAST Cometh!

Purple Floyd
12-17-2010, 12:02 AM

I am not sure what to say so I'll just leave it at this:
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

NeoVikesTX
12-17-2010, 12:32 AM
But wait a minute here. I feel TJack was not given a fair opportunity. Given the right system, I think TJack could excel and be good, if not the best QB in the history of the Vikings and even the NFL. All those injuries were just bad luck, TJack is actually quite durable.

But on a serious note...... TJACK SUCKS DONKEY BALLS!!

Tad7
12-17-2010, 12:34 AM
I'm getting pretty tired of being wrong. I might take a break from predictions.

Sucks to see T-Jack go out like this. Did he really have to make himself and his biggest fan both look like idiots? smh

Purple Floyd
12-17-2010, 04:10 AM

Sucks to see T-Jack go out like this. Did he really have to make himself and his biggest fan both look like idiots? smh

Relax.

There is always time to change your user name to Tad14 or Tad7x2 and jump on the Joe Webb Bandwagon.

12purplepride28
12-17-2010, 06:09 AM

Relax.

There is always time to change your user name to Tad14 or Tad7x2 and jump on the Joe Webb Bandwagon.

He could join me on it :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

gregair13
12-17-2010, 08:15 AM
New coach. New QB. New stadium. New city.

Perfect.

singersp
12-17-2010, 10:25 AM

Let's be fair here.

You have no fucking idea why the fans cheered. Your only assuming that & trying to pass it off as fact.

Did you even hear the cheers or are you merely relying on what a poster, who didn't even watch the game, said another person said?

singersp
12-17-2010, 10:37 AM

Joe Webb Streak!

LOL, I love this stuff.

What was he wrong about? I don't recall him stating that TJ was our future, only that he thought it was possible & needed the chance to prove otherwise.
Caine

You & others though, still can't come to grips with being so completely and totally wrong about Favre this year.

It must have been tough for Favreaholics to have watched Favre be a major disappoint for almost an entire year.

singersp
12-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Marrdro said:

LOL!

Was there even any crow left after the Favreaholics got done feasting on it for much of 11 weeks?

Hope it was good. That was some fucking expensive crow you ate.

singersp
12-17-2010, 10:51 AM
I am all for giving Webb a chance. Lets see what he has. It may not be fair with the OL but I woudl rather see what he can do with some Challenges, because face it he will have to face some sort of situation like this somewhere at sometime.

Lets see. It was fair for TJ to be behind that OL & blame TJ for it all, but it will be unfair to put Webb behind it & judge him?

singersp
12-17-2010, 11:01 AM

..primarily...ME.

Caine

Meh. It is your opinion that he sucked in both. In fact, quite wrong on 1 account.

People should learn not to bet against you? LOL!

Yeah, I'm sure you said Favre was going to suck ass this year & win 4 games, with all 4 wins coming against teams that sucked worse than us. Not to mention, using YOUR logic, the defense bailed Favre out on 3 of those 4 wins.

singersp
12-17-2010, 11:12 AM

Vikings winning percentage with Favre this year: 36%

Vikings winning percentage with TJ this year: 50%

Looks like Favre was a bigger flop than TJ this year. LOL!

It's funny to watch the majority of fans here point fingers at anyone who thought TJ should be given a chance & say that person was wrong, but yet they don't point the finger at themselves & say they were wrong about Favre. Not a one of them, even though they know they were. They just quickly change the subject to TJ.

singersp
12-17-2010, 11:16 AM
The part I find the most confusing is the people who ripped on Chilly for his decision making and lack of doing anything right but at the same tome supported TJoke who well as I remember Chilly was the whole reason he was here in the first place.

If Chilly was the whole reason TJ was here in the first place, why was he put on IR instead of cut by the team, now that Childress is gone?

soonerbornNbred
12-17-2010, 02:38 PM

Vikings winning percentage with Favre this year: 36%

Vikings winning percentage with TJ this year: 50%

Looks like Favre was a bigger flop than TJ this year. LOL!

It's funny to watch the majority of fans here point fingers at anyone who thought TJ should be given a chance & say that person was wrong, but yet they don't point the finger at themselves & say they were wrong about Favre. Not a one of them, even though they know they were. They just quickly change the subject to TJ.

What is sad is you and another think TJoke was a actual NFL QB...Favre will go down in NFL history as one of the toughest NFL players of all time not just QB...Tjoke will be lucky to ever see the field that didnt have that Ignorant HC chilly involved in one way or another.... TJ couldnt tote BFs jock but a couple of the PPO posters are hell bent on thinking one wasnt a GREAT QB while were dillusional enough, clueless blind in their own evauluating of so called talent to say Tjoke in the same breath of a actual NFL QB
you two need to step back look at it for one small minute and leave it alone

ejmat
12-17-2010, 03:00 PM

Joe Webb Streak!

LOL, I love this stuff.

What was he wrong about? I don't recall him stating that TJ was our future, only that he thought it was possible & needed the chance to prove otherwise.
Caine

You & others though, still can't come to grips with being so completely and totally wrong about Favre this year.

It must have been tough for Favreaholics to have watched Favre be a major disappoint for almost an entire year.

I'm not sure I agree with that. I think everyone on this site realizes how poorly Favre played this year. The question was would TJ have made a difference as to wins and losses.

ejmat
12-17-2010, 03:02 PM

Lets see. It was fair for TJ to be behind that OL & blame TJ for it all, but it will be unfair to put Webb behind it & judge him?

The difference: TJ has 5 years in the league with experience. Webb is a rookie. TJ had his chances to prove himself. Webb hasn't.

Infidel
12-17-2010, 03:07 PM
Marrdro said:

LOL!

Was there even any crow left after the Favreaholics got done feasting on it for much of 11 weeks?

Another recalcitrant and unrepentant crow-eating Favre hater heard from.

I hurt for you. I've never had to eat crow here, but I know it must be painful. Old buddy Marrdro has deserted you and vanished in shame, hasn't he. That must be awful difficult.

Jackson demonstrated how things would have gone had we not had Favre's magic to keep us from losing EVERY game.

Those bashing Favre and screaming for TJ to come in and RESCUE us are now proven wrong.

That couldn't be more clear, so.....don't talk with your mouth full.

MaxVike
12-17-2010, 03:31 PM
As I've said before...TJ will be out of the NFL after next season.

It was clear that this team needed improved play from the QB position after '07 and '08. In '09 we got it, went 12-4 and lost in OT in the NFC Championship Game. This year, shaky QB play, again, arguably due to a myriad of reasons, but nonetheless, was simply not good enough. It is time to think of the future...one without TJ, he sucks.

Prophet
12-17-2010, 04:11 PM

lmao. singersp, you are afraid to eat your crow. Just eat it and go back into the corner with your tail between your legs.

Guess what...Webb is a rookie and Tarvaris Jackson is a five-year veteran. Are you trying to compare those two? Tarvaris was handed, without comptetition, the starting role at the end of '06 at the beginning of '07 and the beginning of '08 and deemed the starting in '09 until Favre game and then again in '10 until Favre came. Tarvaris has sucked as a QB every time except for one game. Every time. Now, somehow, in your convoluted logic, he is being thrown under the bus after two games. Ah, no. He is being thrown under the bus after 5 years. A bit of a difference there.

Tarvaris Jackson was to Brad Childress as Aaron Brooks was to Jim Haslett. Ride the coattails of a shitty QB for too long and the next thing you are doing is looking for a job.

Prophet
12-17-2010, 04:15 PM
I was listening to the radio this a.m. and they were doing a spiel on Favre's streak coming to an end and also on Tarvaris' streak coming to an end within a week of each other! 297 games vs 1.9 games. All things must pass.

purpledoom
12-17-2010, 04:31 PM
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/112031714.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiacyKU7DYaGEP7vDEh7P:DiUs

I like this. I'm looking forward to seeing Webb get a shot. Hell you never know, this could be the first game of a great career. I'm sure you all know Favre's story, he came in for the injured starter and never looked back. Now I know Webb's not Brett Favre but I'm looking forward to it all the same.

Infidel
12-17-2010, 04:42 PM
I'm really looking forward to Webb.

I know it's a small chance, but there IS a chance that he will surprise and do quite well.

What if?

That's what sports are all about. That's why we watch.

12purplepride28
12-17-2010, 04:54 PM
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/112031714.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiacyKU7DYaGEP7vDEh7P:DiUs

I like this. I'm looking forward to seeing Webb get a shot. Hell you never know, this could be the first game of a great career. I'm sure you all know Favre's story, he came in for the injured starter and never looked back. Now I know Webb's not Brett Favre but I'm looking forward to it all the same.

Isn't that how Brady came in too? And Brady and Webb are both the same pick in the draft.

Caine
12-17-2010, 05:24 PM

Joe Webb Streak!

LOL, I love this stuff.

Caine

I'm not sure I agree with that. I think everyone on this site realizes how poorly Favre played this year. The question was would TJ have made a difference as to wins and losses.

Singer is just bitter about having stood up for so long on the Jackson issue only to have it COMPLETELY unravel after only 2 games. In fact, he's so bitter, he has to make up excuses to mitigate the pain.

FACT: I haven't made excuse 1 for Favre all season. I flat out have stated OVER AND OVER that he's played like shit all season.

No dodging bullets, no pitching the blame on someone else, FAVRE PLAYED LIKE SHIT.

Meanwhile, the Jackson Supporters have spent MONTHS and YEARS pitching their absurd notion that Jackson had somehow matured and developed - with absolutely NO supporting evidence - and got their collective panties in a wad while SCREAMING that Favre should be pulled for Jackson...

And when they got their wish, EVERYTHING I had been saying about Jackson turned out to be true. EVERYTHING!!!!

And now their only chance to mitigate the pain of being so completely WRONG is to somehow tarnish my stance.

Too bad it won't work.

You guys made all the excuses for Jackson, I made none for Favre. They both sucked, but your boy sucked more...so much so that he's GONE.

And all of your conjecture, all of your hypotheses, and all of your theoretical projections about Jackson turned out to be complete and total BULLSHIT....just like I said it was.

On one hand, it's nice to be right.

On the other hand, as I've said before, my being right means our team is screwed...and THAT sucks even more.

Which just proves I was ALSO right about Chiller...

Which, again, it;s nice to be right...but it sucks when being right means our team is screwed...

But, hey, keep trying to twist this into you NOT being completely wrong. I'll be laughing about this while ejmat and I are drinking that beer Marrdro is buying...

Caine

Infidel
12-17-2010, 05:49 PM
LOL, Caine.....sounds like you pretty much trashed everybody.

Hard to be proven wrong when you do that with a team like the Vikings.

I gotta say, I was never in the "Favre sucks" camp at all.

I think he could have had a good year with decent pass protection.

He got absolutely battered, and those who tried to blame it on his mobility were proven wrong when the "Mobile" TJ got in and looked fair against a bad team and then failed totally against a good team.

No, I can't fault Favre.....a lot of things went wrong, but but Favre wasn't one of them.

ejmat
12-17-2010, 06:08 PM

Joe Webb Streak!

LOL, I love this stuff.

Caine

Singer is just bitter about having stood up for so long on the Jackson issue only to have it COMPLETELY unravel after only 2 games. In fact, he's so bitter, he has to make up excuses to mitigate the pain.

FACT: I haven't made excuse 1 for Favre all season. I flat out have stated OVER AND OVER that he's played like shit all season.

No dodging bullets, no pitching the blame on someone else, FAVRE PLAYED LIKE SHIT.

Meanwhile, the Jackson Supporters have spent MONTHS and YEARS pitching their absurd notion that Jackson had somehow matured and developed - with absolutely NO supporting evidence - and got their collective panties in a wad while SCREAMING that Favre should be pulled for Jackson...

And when they got their wish, EVERYTHING I had been saying about Jackson turned out to be true. EVERYTHING!!!!

And now their only chance to mitigate the pain of being so completely WRONG is to somehow tarnish my stance.

Too bad it won't work.

You guys made all the excuses for Jackson, I made none for Favre. They both sucked, but your boy sucked more...so much so that he's GONE.

And all of your conjecture, all of your hypotheses, and all of your theoretical projections about Jackson turned out to be complete and total BULLSHIT....just like I said it was.

On the other hand, as I've said before, my being right means our team is screwed...and THAT sucks even more.

Which, again, it;s nice to be right...but it sucks when being right means our team is screwed...

But, hey, keep trying to twist this into you NOT being completely wrong. I'll be laughing about this while ejmat and I are drinking that beer Marrdro is buying...

Caine

I'm thirsty already.

Caine
12-17-2010, 07:32 PM

Joe Webb Streak!

LOL, I love this stuff.

Caine

Too bad it won't work.

Caine

I'm thirsty already.

I wonder if Singer and Marrdro will be wearing their Jackson jerseys while fanning us with palm fronds while Marrdro serves us our FREE BEER?

It's good to have bitches....

Caine

marstc09
12-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Marrdro said:

LOL!

That crow was great last year! oh wait...lol

marstc09
12-17-2010, 07:52 PM
Poor Marrdro.

LOL, in short, when I learn something from you, you will be the first to know it. My guess, it will be along time before its coming so I wouldn't hold my breathe if I was you. :laugh:

Since when does a poster have to teach someone anything? This is a fan site not NFL Network.

LOL, in short, TJ blows and we learned that Favre was our best option this year! :lol:

marstc09
12-17-2010, 07:53 PM
Marrdro said:

LOL!

I still say you don't even watch the games. Todate you haven't fixed that opinion.:laugh:

Right back at cha! Ryan Cook.

ejmat
12-17-2010, 07:56 PM

Joe Webb Streak!

LOL, I love this stuff.

Caine

Too bad it won't work.

Caine

I'm thirsty already.

I wonder if Singer and Marrdro will be wearing their Jackson jerseys while fanning us with palm fronds while Marrdro serves us our FREE BEER?

Caine

Ah yes. Do we get hammocks too? I can bring mine from my backyard if needed.

ejmat
12-20-2010, 04:35 AM
Here's a stat:

Tarvaris Jackson has 20 starts with his highest passing yards of 249 yards.

Matt Flynn has 1 career starts and threw for 251 yards.

Something TJ never did.

Caine
12-20-2010, 04:11 PM
Here's a stat:

Something TJ never did.

Flynn actually looked pretty good versus the Patriots...

Except for that pick-6...

Marrdro
12-20-2010, 04:20 PM
Marrdro said:

LOL!

First, if memory servers the whole Cook issue wasn't that I said he was some sort of stud, it was that I blamed the coaching staff for not having something better and laughed at you guys for hacking on the poor kid.

Second, I think Ryan has worked out to be a pretty damn good swingman IMHO.

Marrdro
12-20-2010, 04:22 PM
Here's a stat:

Something TJ never did.

LOL, your trying that tact I see. Did you actually watch young Flynn or are you just throwing out a stat line?

Marrdro
12-20-2010, 04:23 PM

Joe Webb Streak!

LOL, I love this stuff.

Caine

Too bad it won't work.

Caine

I'm thirsty already.

Caine

Ah yes. Do we get hammocks too? I can bring mine from my backyard if needed.
Someone pull up the actual bet for me will ya? I thought I had a loophole in it for just this circumstance.

jargomcfargo
12-20-2010, 04:26 PM
Here's a stat:

Something TJ never did.

LOL, your trying that tact I see. Did you actually watch young Flynn or are you just throwing out a stat line?

I watched that game and learned the Patriots defense isn't that good. They had some injuries up front and it showed.

Rodgers didn't look good on the sideline. His eyes were bugging out.
Oh wait, they always bug out!

tastywaves
12-20-2010, 04:34 PM
Here's a stat:

Something TJ never did.

I watched that game and learned the Patriots defense isn't that good. They had some injuries up front and it showed.

The Patriots' defense is very suspect. It has been all season, regardless of the great stats they have put up the last few guys before the Packers.

I actually enjoyed the way Green Bay went after the game last night, from the opening onside kick to the heavy dose of running. Keep Brady off the field was their mantra and they played it out fairly well. Part of the aggressiveness was no doubt due to the fact that Rodgers was on the sideline and they wanted to de-emphasize Flynn somewhat. It was actually a very enjoyable game even though they are my two least favorite teams in the NFL.

ejmat
12-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Here's a stat:

Something TJ never did.

I thought he did quite well. A lot better than I expected. He threw a couple of errant passes but to be in the game against the Patriots in NE and play like he did was pretty impressive.

I just thought it would be interesting to note that in his first start he threw for 250 yards. Something TJ hasn't done in 20 starts.

ejmat
12-20-2010, 04:43 PM
Here's a stat:

Something TJ never did.

I actually watched young Flynn and thought he played pretty well for the most part. The stat is just that, a stat. It's not made up. It is what it is. The fact is that TJ hasn't been able to do that in 20 starts whereas Flynn does it in his first career start.

The fact is also Flynn was poised for the most part. There were times he was rocky and edgy but much better leader from what I saw than TJ ever has been.

tastywaves
12-20-2010, 04:47 PM
Here's a stat:

Something TJ never did.

I thought he did quite well. A lot better than I expected. He threw a couple of errant passes but to be in the game against the Patriots in NE and play like he did was pretty impressive.

I just thought it would be interesting to note that in his first start he threw for 250 yards. Something TJ hasn't done in 20 starts.

Considering the situation, he played much better than I expected.

In all fairness to Marrdro, even if TJ had thrown for over 250 yards on occassion, he would still be the mindless QB that he is... Sorry TJ, couldn't resist. Your noggin just wasn't built to be an NFL QB.

ejmat
12-20-2010, 04:52 PM
Here's a stat:

Something TJ never did.

Considering the situation, he played much better than I expected.

In all fairness to Marrdro, even if TJ had thrown for over 250 yards on occassion, he would still be the mindless QB that he is... Sorry TJ, couldn't resist. Your noggin just wasn't built to be an NFL QB.

I agree 100%. I also believe Flynn had a much better handle of the leadership aspect. I think at the end of the game he showed his immaturity with clock management. But for the most part he managed the game quite well.

marstc09
12-20-2010, 05:20 PM
Marrdro said:

LOL!

First, if memory servers the whole Cook issue wasn't that I said he was some sort of stud, it was that I blamed the coaching staff for not having something better and laughed at you guys for hacking on the poor kid.

Second, I think Ryan has worked out to be a pretty damn good swingman IMHO.

Ok that went over your head. I was talking about you saying Cook had no penalties last game. He had 2.

Marrdro
12-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Here's a stat:

Something TJ never did.

They are good, however, they have a weakness (and injuries) that were a bit exposed by the Jets. Unfortunately the Jets couldn't exploit that weakness the way the PUKERS did, out of necessity by the way.

When they needed a QB to play QB, Flynn let them down. The first series of the 4th quarter really says it all.....run, run, penalty, INT.

V4L
12-20-2010, 05:44 PM
Here's a stat:

Something TJ never did.

They are good, however, they have a weakness (and injuries) that were a bit exposed by the Jets. Unfortunately the Jets couldn't exploit that weakness the way the PUKERS did, out of necessity by the way.

When they needed a QB to play QB, Flynn let them down. The first series of the 4th quarter really says it all.....run, run, penalty, INT.

Flynn played probably one of the best games for a QB making his first start against a 10 win team

He played good ball

ejmat
12-20-2010, 06:08 PM
Here's a stat:

Something TJ never did.

Flynn played probably one of the best games for a QB making his first start against a 10 win team

He played good ball

What cracks me up here is even with all the picks and the lousy play/leadership of TJ over his 20+ games in the NFL, Marrdro is calling out 1 pick for a guy that is starting his first game against a now 11-2 team. Yet all the excuses continue for a guy with much more experience and not as much leadership skills as Flynn portrayed last night.

Come on Mr. Marrdro. It's time to say TJ just doesn't have it and he never will. At least with the Vikings he won't. Maybe he becomes one of those late bloomers but right now he is not a good starting calibur QB in the NFL. He's had his chances and he has sucked. And for the poeple trying to say how great his preseason was in 2009 as well as his mop up duty, well his preseason this year was just as poor as it was good last year and his season thus far hasn't proven that he's improved much if at all.

I, for one, will be happy as hell beginning next year without TJ on the roster. Why? No more of these same ridiculous arguments of how TJ gave us a better chance to win than Brett Favre. The mobility Brett lacks is countered with the "know-how" and leadership than TJ lacks. I can't say TJ would have been more or less accurate than Favre this year but after watching that last game TJ played in I am more than sure he would not have improved our record at all.

Marrdro
12-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Here's a stat:

Something TJ never did.

He played good ball
I agree, however, he didn't play well enough and when they needed him, he made tiny little mistakes and some big bad mistakes.

When he resorted to running (10 minute mark or so) of the 4th after getting sacked I knew it was over. Then that miss to Quarless (sp) with about 5 left. Ugly ugly QB play.

Again, good outing, but not what that team needed my friend.

Marrdro
12-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Here's a stat:

Something TJ never did.

He played good ball

What cracks me up here is even with all the picks and the lousy play/leadership of TJ over his 20+ games in the NFL, Marrdro is calling out 1 pick for a guy that is starting his first game against a now 11-2 team. Yet all the excuses continue for a guy with much more experience and not as much leadership skills as Flynn portrayed last night.

Come on Mr. Marrdro. It's time to say TJ just doesn't have it and he never will. At least with the Vikings he won't. Maybe he becomes one of those late bloomers but right now he is not a good starting calibur QB in the NFL. He's had his chances and he has sucked. And for the poeple trying to say how great his preseason was in 2009 as well as his mop up duty, well his preseason this year was just as poor as it was good last year and his season thus far hasn't proven that he's improved much if at all.

I, for one, will be happy as hell beginning next year without TJ on the roster. Why? No more of these same ridiculous arguments of how TJ gave us a better chance to win than Brett Favre. The mobility Brett lacks is countered with the "know-how" and leadership than TJ lacks. I can't say TJ would have been more or less accurate than Favre this year but after watching that last game TJ played in I am more than sure he would not have improved our record at all.
What cracks me up is that you would try to make this into a anti-TJ thread instead of following the good discussion line we were starting.

Sad my friend, very sad.......(JK, you crack me up).:laugh:

V4L
12-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Here's a stat:

Something TJ never did.

He played good ball
I agree, however, he didn't play well enough and when they needed him, he made tiny little mistakes and some big bad mistakes.

When he resorted to running (10 minute mark or so) of the 4th after getting sacked I knew it was over. Then that miss to Quarless (sp) with about 5 left. Ugly ugly QB play.

He had a couple bad throws (happens to every QB, every game)

Did u really expect him to come in there and outplay Brady and the Pats?

He came up just short.. I can blame him for not being smart enough to call a play on the fly at the end of the game.. But he played some damn good ball I wish Jackson could play a game like that

tastywaves
12-20-2010, 06:18 PM
Here's a stat:

Something TJ never did.

He played good ball

Pats Top Pack, 31-27, As Matt Flynn's Inexperience Dooms Green Bay Late (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2010/12/19/1886199/sunday-night-football-packers-vs-patriots-live-score-update)

Flynn wasn't the only Packer that played well. Unfortunately, Flynn's inexperience got the best of him at the end of the game as he had trouble getting the final play call off and was sacked fumbling the ball. To give Flynn some credit, though, the Packers wouldn't have been in that position if it weren't for Flynn's solid play throughout the night. He impressed some folks on Sunday night.

Apparently Marrdro wasn't one of them.

I'd be ecstatic if we got the same level of play from Webb. But that is an unrealistic expectation.

Marrdro
12-20-2010, 06:20 PM
Here's a stat:

Something TJ never did.

He played good ball

He had a couple bad throws (happens to every QB, every game)

Did u really expect him to come in there and outplay Brady and the Pats?

He came up just short.. I can blame him for not being smart enough to call a play on the fly at the end of the game.. But he played some damn good ball I wish Jackson could play a game like that
Again, I agree on all counts.

All I'm saying is that team needed Rodgers (or a guy like Brady) to beat that team. In the end, good isn't good enough when it still results in a loss.

Back to what made him successful. If the Jets would have followed what the PUKERS did with Sanchize, I think they would have been a bit more competitive with Sanchize.

For the life of me I can't figure out why they got away from what they exposed. Maybe they didn't realize it cause of the baffffffoooooooooonnnnnnn they have as a HC.

ejmat
12-20-2010, 06:22 PM
Here's a stat:

Something TJ never did.

He played good ball

What cracks me up is that you would try to make this into a anti-TJ thread instead of following the good discussion line we were starting.

LOL. Good come back. I was waiting for something witty from you.

I thought the discussion here was about TJ. I must be wrong :P

Marrdro
12-20-2010, 06:28 PM
Here's a stat:

Something TJ never did.

He played good ball

Pats Top Pack, 31-27, As Matt Flynn's Inexperience Dooms Green Bay Late (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2010/12/19/1886199/sunday-night-football-packers-vs-patriots-live-score-update)

Flynn wasn't the only Packer that played well. Unfortunately, Flynn's inexperience got the best of him at the end of the game as he had trouble getting the final play call off and was sacked fumbling the ball. To give Flynn some credit, though, the Packers wouldn't have been in that position if it weren't for Flynn's solid play throughout the night. He impressed some folks on Sunday night.

Apparently Marrdro wasn't one of them.

Don't get my comments off track.....I was impressed. I'm just saying that he wasn't good enough.

Other than the 66 yarder (I think thats what it was) they hit the Pats were they are weak, just likeh the Jets started out with, the PUKERS stayed short with high percentage passes and got some nice chunks that way.

Again, when they needed to get yards and big chunks of it, he wasn't able to do anything.

I'd be ecstatic if we got the same level of play from Webb. But that is an unrealistic expectation.
Guess what my friend. I bet that 75% of the posters here on PPO, and 85% of the news hacks and chuckleheads from ESPN will use this game as thier main opinion of young Webb over the next 2 or 3 years.

I just hope Webb does a few nice things and that everyone on here remembers that he isn't gonna come out there looking like a HOF'r.

Marrdro
12-20-2010, 06:30 PM
Here's a stat:

Something TJ never did.

He played good ball

It was......I was just trying to be funny as I wove my way back to TJ off Flynn.

On a side note, what ever happened to all the Brohm fans on this site. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ejmat
12-20-2010, 07:38 PM
Here's a stat:

Something TJ never did.

He played good ball

It was......I was just trying to be funny as I wove my way back to TJ off Flynn.

On a side note, what ever happened to all the Brohm fans on this site. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Not real sure. Where is he playing or sitting now-a-days? Is it Buffalo?

Marrdro
12-20-2010, 07:44 PM
Here's a stat:

Something TJ never did.

He played good ball

Not real sure. Where is he playing or sitting now-a-days? Is it Buffalo?
I think he is still there. Atleast I remember him throwing TJ his 1,000th catch.

Purple Floyd
12-21-2010, 12:17 AM
In response to the "OK, But what QB that was available would you take instead of TJ " I would like to add Flynn.

Actually after watching Clausen,McCoy and Tebow this week it looks like any of the three could be a candidate to be honest. I am not sure they would pan out any worse if we gave them 5 years in the same system with the same staff and handed them the job unchallenged.

i_bleed_purple
12-21-2010, 12:19 AM
In response to the "OK, But what QB that was available would you take instead of TJ " I would like to add Flynn.

Actually after watching Clausen,McCoy and Tebow this week it looks like any of the three could be a candidate to be honest. I am not sure they would pan out any worse if we gave them 5 years in the same system with the same staff and handed them the job unchallenged.

i still don't like Clausen, but we should have taken McCoy. Screw Tebow, he cost WAAAY too much to trade up for.

McCoy was there numerous times, and we opted for a runningback.

singersp
12-21-2010, 12:29 AM
[quote="tastywaves" #1084803]
Guess what my friend. I bet that 75% of the posters here on PPO, and 85% of the news hacks and chuckleheads from ESPN will use this game as thier main opinion of young Webb over the next 2 or 3 years.

Kind of like the Vikings-Packers rain game in 2006?