PDA

View Full Version : Metrodome Roof Collapses Under Snow

singersp
12-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Metrodome Roof Collapses Under Snow

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s1878695.shtml

The snow and wind has proved too much for the Metrodome roof.

Roy Terwilliger, Chairman of the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission, tells 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS the panels of the Metrodome roof started giving way around 5 a.m. and deflating.

delviking
12-12-2010, 01:56 PM
yeah NFL network just reported the same thing

Zeus
12-12-2010, 01:58 PM
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2010/12/12/minnesota-vikings-postponed-game-new-york-giants/

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — The weight of all the snow that fell Saturday has caused the roof of the Metrodome in downtown Minneapolis to collapse.

About half of the panels on the roof are down.

The Minnesota Vikings and the NFL are meeting now to try to determine what to do about the game against the New York Giants. The game, which was originally scheduled for today at noon, had earlier been moved to Monday evening because of the snow.

The Vikings are planning a press conference at 10 a.m. Watch the news conference live on WCCO Sunday Morning and here on WCCO.COM

=Z=

peterson-rox28
12-12-2010, 02:02 PM
I still think the most reasonable thing to do would be to schedule the game at TCF stadium on either monday or tuesday night. The difference is seats is 15000, but if that is what you need to do in order to get the game on our homefield we will do it. I don't want to be playing this game in NYC.

JDogg926
12-12-2010, 02:07 PM
I definitely agree, better for 15,000 people to miss out on the game, than for 65,000 to miss out on it. Plus, New York shouldn't get an additional home field game.

scottishviking
12-12-2010, 02:12 PM
With the previous talk of the Vikings being re-located to Los Angeles, how much more likely do you think something like this is in making it happen?

dfosterf
12-12-2010, 02:18 PM
What if they cannot repair "in time" for it to be reasonable to hold the game this week? (And assuming TCF is not used)

There is a playoff race on, and the Eagles would be NOT HAPPY if the Giants got a "bye" going into their next game...

The intrigue is awesome to contemplate.

jmcdon00
12-12-2010, 02:19 PM
If the Metrodome can't be fixed in a timely fashion I think TCF would be the best choice although temperatures supposed to be -10 degrees monday night. Should make finding volunteers to forfeit tickets easier.

Adds a little fuel to the new stadium fire. Bet Wilf is doing a happy dance.

countrygirl
12-12-2010, 02:21 PM
With the previous talk of the Vikings being re-located to Los Angeles, how much more likely do you think something like this is in making it happen?

none

Texas Viking
12-12-2010, 02:21 PM
They mentioned that this morning, but said TCF is an open stadium and the temp for Monday night is estimated at 10 degrees below zero.

I hope they kept the insurance payments up on that thing.

singersp
12-12-2010, 02:24 PM
I still think the most reasonable thing to do would be to schedule the game at TCF stadium on either monday or tuesday night. The difference is seats is 15000, but if that is what you need to do in order to get the game on our homefield we will do it. I don't want to be playing this game in NYC.

I definitely agree, better for 15,000 people to miss out on the game, than for 65,000 to miss out on it. Plus, New York shouldn't get an additional home field game.

It's a thought, but how practical is it?

You have approx 60,000 fans holding tickets that don't correlate to the seat numbers/sections at TCF.

How do you ensure that each ticket holder gets a comparable seat at TCF?

You know how long it would take to do that on a one by one basis?

Also, who decides which 15,000 fans are screwed & can't go to the game?

Zeus
12-12-2010, 02:25 PM

With all due respect, that's incredibly unrealistic.

1. How do you decide who misses the game?
2. How do you decide where people who are lucky enough to win the ticket lottery sit? Festival seating?
3. Will the Vikings really want to refund money for 15,000 tickets when they could get 100% of the revenue if the game is moved to NYC?

=Z=

Zeus
12-12-2010, 02:26 PM

none

+1

Totally irrelevant.

=Z=

dfosterf
12-12-2010, 02:27 PM
I think this is Zygi ammo for a new stadium. At a minimum, it's going to help accelerate the "process". If you had won a few more games and were really in the playoff scenarios, it would have been even better. As it is, this thing gives the Vikes a lot to work with, PR/spin/new stadium-wise, imo

JDogg926
12-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Offer a refund to anyone that returns their ticket for the originally scheduled game. Some aren't going to want to go to the game in the elements Monday night. Hope that enough people return their tickets. If not, TCF was designed to eventually accomodate up to 80,000. Perhaps at the open end of the horsheshoe they could add temporary bleachers.

NodakPaul
12-12-2010, 02:30 PM

none

+1

Totally irrelevant.

=Z=

Correct. If anything, this will help fuel the fires for the legislators who believe (correctly) that the Metrodome is no longer a viable place to play football.

JDogg926
12-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Also, are 65,000 people now going to make the trip to NY. If they changed the game to New York, you're still going to have to refund all of those who purchased tickets to the game in Minnesota.

singersp
12-12-2010, 02:31 PM

2. How do you decide where people who are lucky enough to win the ticket lottery sit? Festival seating?
3. Will the Vikings really want to refund money for 15,000 tickets when they could get 100% of the revenue if the game is moved to NYC?

=Z=

If they have play it in NY, they'd have to refund money for approx. 60,000 tickets.

Obviously, the ones that would attend the game here, won't hop on flights to go to NYC.

Erinnn
12-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Isn't TCF stadium shut down for the year? I wonder how long it would realistically take to get that place up and ready for a game.

countrygirl
12-12-2010, 02:34 PM
When this same thing happened in 1982 didn't they just remove the snow and poof it re-inflates? Except for the meathead who poked a hole in the roof and the time it took to repair that, I think it was a relatively short time to remove the snow. Of course I was just a small child back then ;)

JDogg926
12-12-2010, 02:34 PM

=Z=

If they have play it in NY, they'd have to refund money for approx. 60,000 tickets.

Obviously, the ones that would attend the game here, won't hop on flights to go to NYC.]

There's an open end to TCF Stadium, that is there for the sole purpose of future additions. Add temporary bleachers, yes not everyone will get the exact same seat they had for the game had it been played in the Metrodome, but we keep the home crowd advantage.

singersp
12-12-2010, 02:37 PM

none

+1

Totally irrelevant.

=Z=

Correct. If anything, this will help fuel the fires for the legislators who believe (correctly) that the Metrodome is no longer a viable place to play football.

Agreed. We could have had a catastrophe had the game been played & the roof collapsed then.

1. Do retractable roofs collapse? I don't think so.

2. LA has earthquakes.

3. This is only the 2nd time since the dome was built in early 80's that it collapsed. I don't recall exactly how long it took to repair the last time, but the Vikings didn't miss a game. It could have been during a week they played on the road.

Zeus
12-12-2010, 02:40 PM
I think this is Zygi ammo for a new stadium. At a minimum, it's going to help accelerate the "process". If you had won a few more games and were really in the playoff scenarios, it would have been even better. As it is, this thing gives the Vikes a lot to work with, PR/spin/new stadium-wise, imo

I don't think that the 5th-largest snowfall in recorded history causing only the 4th Dome collapse (and first since 1983) is all that much ammo.

=Z=

singersp
12-12-2010, 02:40 PM
When this same thing happened in 1982 didn't they just remove the snow and poof it re-inflates? Except for the meathead who poked a hole in the roof and the time it took to repair that, I think it was a relatively short time to remove the snow. Of course I was just a small child back then ;)

1 year old to be exact. Correct?

singersp
12-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Isn't TCF stadium shut down for the year? I wonder how long it would realistically take to get that place up and ready for a game.

I'm sure there's about 18" of snow on the field & in the stands.

singersp
12-12-2010, 02:42 PM

I don't think that the 5th-largest snowfall in recorded history causing only the 4th Dome collapse (and first since 1983) is all that much ammo.

=Z=

It collapsed 4 times? I recall twice because of snow.

RK.
12-12-2010, 02:44 PM
It will be interesting to see how many macho fans are begging for tickets in ten below weather if they play at TCU. LOL

I suspect they will have to find a neutral stadium to play in if they can't get the roof fixed. Maybe the Colosseum in LA.

singersp
12-12-2010, 02:45 PM

=Z=

Obviously, the ones that would attend the game here, won't hop on flights to go to NYC.]

There's an open end to TCF Stadium, that is there for the sole purpose of future additions. Add temporary bleachers, yes not everyone will get the exact same seat they had for the game had it been played in the Metrodome, but we keep the home crowd advantage.

I'm sure that ticket buyers that paid $105 for primo sets at season ticket holder prices & buyers who paid $200 or more for primo seats via scalpers & brokers, wouldn't be happy getting worse seats at TCF

Zeus
12-12-2010, 02:46 PM

=Z=

My bad - I paid attention to what someone said in the Yell, LOL. You are correct, only 2 times, last in '83.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/111730439.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUjEkD_hEK_kchO7DU

Then to be topped this morning, the Metrodome roof collapsed, leaving the future location of the game in doubt.

The dome collapsed after 5 a.m., Roy Terwilliger, head of the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission, told WCCO-AM.

Terwilliger said that a rip in a panel in the middle of the roof caused it to deflate.

This is the second time the Dome's roof has collapsed. It also deflated in a storm in 1983, the year after the Dome was built.

This weekend's blizzard, which dumped a foot or more of snow on much of Minnesota, caused the NFL to move the Vikings' game against the New York Giants at Mall of America Field to 7 p.m. Monday. Fox will have the telecast -- if it happens.

A person answering the phone at the Dome said that Terwilliger was on conference calls this morning. He was trying to figure out if it is possible to repair the roof in time for Monday's rescheduled game.

=Z=

Erinnn
12-12-2010, 02:47 PM
Just saw it pointed out by Dave Schwartz you have the added factor of convincing people to come sit in negative temperatures with no beer.

Zeus
12-12-2010, 02:47 PM

=Z=

I'm sure that ticket buyers that paid $105 for primo sets at season ticket holder prices & buyers who paid $200 or more for primo seats via scalpers & brokers, wouldn't be happy getting worse seats at TCF

The Vikings have no responsibility to make secondary-market buyers happy.

=Z=

JDogg926
12-12-2010, 02:50 PM

=Z=

But they'd be happier with the game moving several states away??? Although it's a logistical nightmare in terms of both seating arrangement and refunds/pro-rating ticket prices, there's got to be a way to keep the game in/around Minnesota and played within the next day or two. I don't know how much snow is still falling or is expected today and tomorrow, but if it's calmed down, there's still a chance they can get the dome up to par by Monday night.

singersp
12-12-2010, 02:53 PM
It will be interesting to see how many macho fans are begging for tickets in ten below weather if they play at TCU. LOL

I suspect they will have to find a neutral stadium to play in if they can't get the roof fixed. Maybe the Colosseum in LA.

Especially the ones begging for the Vikings to build an open air stadium.

Where are those macho fans now?

They probably won't have to worry about the 15,000 less seats that TCF holds. They'll have a hard time filling that one to capacity as it is on a bitter cold Monday night.

Zeus
12-12-2010, 02:55 PM

They probably won't have to worry about the 15,000 less seats that TCF holds. They'll have a hard time filling that one to capacity as it is on a bitter cold Monday night.

I don't think there will be anything close to 50,000 people showing up for the game tomorrow night in the Dome, let alone outside at TCF Bank stadium.

However, the Vikings can't say that. The NFL can't take the chance of one single person with a legitimate ticket being turned away.

And, still, how do you decide where people sit?

=Z=

singersp
12-12-2010, 02:56 PM

=Z=

=Z=

But they do to season ticket holders. Would you be happy having a $105 ticket at the dome & winding up with a $25 seat at the Gophers stadium?

JDogg926
12-12-2010, 02:57 PM

And then they only have to refund/reimburse 15k. Which they could offer a voucher for a free ticket to a future game, although since we've only got one more home one left and it's a Monday night game, it may have to be good through 2011 (hopefully there's no strike/lockout), or make your ticket stub 100% valid towards the purchase of any Minnesota Vikings merchandise. I just hope it's not in New York.

jmcdon00
12-12-2010, 02:57 PM

=Z=
I think you would just do it on a first come first serve, first 45,000 with tickets get in(probably do general admittance upper/lower). Temps in the negative, plus making it a work night and I bet you don't turn anyone away.
The money is not much of an issue. 15,000 tickets @ $60 aveage is only $750,000. Probably have insurance for things like this.

It's a longshot, but not impossible.

Zeus
12-12-2010, 03:00 PM

=Z=

But they do to season ticket holders. Would you be happy having a $105 ticket at the dome & winding up with a $25 seat at TCF?

Nope. Which brings up another point - you gotta wonder if there is a pricing chart for TCF Bank for an NFL game.

=Z=

Zeus
12-12-2010, 03:02 PM

I think you would just do it on a first come first serve, first 45,000 with tickets get in(probably do general admittance upper/lower). Temps in the negative, plus making it a work night and I bet you don't turn anyone away.
The money is not much of an issue. 15,000 tickets @ $60 aveage is only $750,000. Probably have insurance for things like this.

It's a longshot, but not impossible.

That has the potential to be a much bigger fiasco than anything relating to the roof collapsing.

=Z=

JDogg926
12-12-2010, 03:02 PM

=Z=

But they do to season ticket holders. Would you be happy having a $105 ticket at the dome & winding up with a $25 seat at TCF?

Nope. Which brings up another point - you gotta wonder if there is a pricing chart for TCF Bank for an NFL game.

=Z=

They might be drawing one up right now.

Zeus
12-12-2010, 03:04 PM

And then they only have to refund/reimburse 15k. Which they could offer a voucher for a free ticket to a future game, although since we've only got one more home one left and it's a Monday night game, it may have to be good through 2011 (hopefully there's no strike/lockout), or make your ticket stub 100% valid towards the purchase of any Minnesota Vikings merchandise. I just hope it's not in New York.

The Vikings have a season-ticket base larger than 50,000. Season-ticket-holders will not be satisfied with a voucher for a future game.

=Z=

JDogg926
12-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Question. Who here was originally planning on going to the game?
And if you were what are you going to do if:

a)The game is able to be played Monday night at the Metrodome?
b)Is played at the Metrodome Tuesday?
c)Is moved to TCF Monday night?
d)Is moved to New York Monday Night?

Just curious.

Zeus
12-12-2010, 03:05 PM

=Z=

Dude - I know you're searching for a way to make this happen at TCF - but it's not going to happen. No chance. The NFL cannot take the chance of one single person with a valid ticket being turned away.

=Z=

singersp
12-12-2010, 03:08 PM

I don't think there will be anything close to 50,000 people showing up for the game tomorrow night in the Dome, let alone outside at TCF Bank stadium.

However, the Vikings can't say that. The NFL can't take the chance of one single person with a legitimate ticket being turned away.

=Z=

The only way you could do it is to refund the ticket holders the difference in price between the ticket they had & the one they got. However, Gopher ticket prices are different than Vikings ticket prices for similar seating, so do the Vikings eat that difference due to the inconvenience? A person would have to send in the original ticket stub & the stub from the game to collect the refund. The original ticket would have to be torn so that it shows they did indeed still go to the game.

Those who elect not to go to the game after all, would have to turn in an entire ticket to get a full refund.

Problem with that is what would have been "No shows" for Sunday's game, could get a full refund for there unused tickets.

Could also be a problem for those with E-tickets.

JDogg926
12-12-2010, 03:08 PM

The Vikings have a season-ticket base larger than 50,000. Season-ticket-holders will not be satisfied with a voucher for a future game.

=Z=

At this point, it's obvious there are going to be some people disappointed. They won't be able to please everyone regardless of what they do. I'm just spitballing ideas here. Any idea thrown out there or any plan that Vikings and Metrodome officials decide to go through with is going to have flaws and holes in it (no pun intended), but they've got to find some kind of alternative.

jmcdon00
12-12-2010, 03:14 PM

=Z=

Dude - I know you're searching for a way to make this happen at TCF - but it's not going to happen. No chance. The NFL cannot take the chance of one single person with a valid ticket being turned away.

=Z=
WHY? If they move it to new york all the Viking tickets are no good, or else they are going to play a game in a half full stadium, because most Minnesotans aren't making that trip.
What do you think the solution is.

JDogg926
12-12-2010, 03:20 PM

=Z=

=Z=
WHY? If they move it to new york all the Viking tickets are no good, or else they are going to play a game in a half full stadium, because most Minnesotans aren't making that trip.
Rich Eisen on NFL Network just reported they're looking at TCF, or potentially another domed stadium, either Indi or Detroit.

Zeus
12-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Question. Who here was originally planning on going to the game?
And if you were what are you going to do if:

a)The game is able to be played Monday night at the Metrodome?
b)Is played at the Metrodome Tuesday?
c)Is moved to TCF Monday night?
d)Is moved to New York Monday Night?

Just curious.

A. I will go
B. I will go
C. I will think about going
D. I will watch from home on my TV

=Z=

Zeus
12-12-2010, 03:32 PM

Move the game to another NFL stadium, probably St. Louis.

=Z=

singersp
12-12-2010, 03:33 PM
Metrodome roof collapses, status of Giants-Vikings uncertain

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2010/12/metrodome_roof_collapses_statu.html

The NFL was notified Sunday morning that the Metrodome will not be available on Monday or Tuesday and the league is investigating its options on where to play the game. One possibility is TCF Bank Stadium, where the University of Minnesota's football team plays its games. However, that stadium only holds 50,085, whereas the Metrodome seats over 60,000. Plus, it's an outdoor venue, so it'll take quite an effort to remove the snow before Monday night's scheduled kickoff.

The league is also considering other domed NFL stadiums. That would include Detroit and Indianapolis.

Garland Greene
12-12-2010, 03:35 PM
The other issue that they mentioned is that the Giants are not ready for a cold weather game as they only have their "Dome" equipment. I assume that their outdoor gear could just be sent. But maybe it is not that easy?

NeoVikesTX
12-12-2010, 03:35 PM

=Z=

My bad - I paid attention to what someone said in the Yell, LOL. You are correct, only 2 times, last in '83.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/111730439.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUjEkD_hEK_kchO7DU

Then to be topped this morning, the Metrodome roof collapsed, leaving the future location of the game in doubt.

The dome collapsed after 5 a.m., Roy Terwilliger, head of the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission, told WCCO-AM.

Terwilliger said that a rip in a panel in the middle of the roof caused it to deflate.

This is the second time the Dome's roof has collapsed. It also deflated in a storm in 1983, the year after the Dome was built.

This weekend's blizzard, which dumped a foot or more of snow on much of Minnesota, caused the NFL to move the Vikings' game against the New York Giants at Mall of America Field to 7 p.m. Monday. Fox will have the telecast -- if it happens.

A person answering the phone at the Dome said that Terwilliger was on conference calls this morning. He was trying to figure out if it is possible to repair the roof in time for Monday's rescheduled game.

=Z=

The Dome has collapsed 4 times according to this article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5911532&campaign=rss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_5911532

The Metrodome roof has failed three times before. It deflated in 1981, 1982 and 1983, each time due to tears caused by heavy snow. The April 14, 1983, collapse forced the postponement of the Twins' game with California, which had been the only postponement. A slight tear also delayed a Twins game briefly in 1986.

Erinnn
12-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Ford Field has reportedly been contacted about moving game there.

If they move it to Detroit, Indy or St. Louis I wonder if they would still honor tickets? Seriously, all those places are closer to home for me, and I might be able to attend if it were in those cities.

singersp
12-12-2010, 03:40 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/Vikings%20Stuff/Image1-1.jpg

Garland Greene
12-12-2010, 03:41 PM
I wonder how they would do tickets. I can't imagine that they would charge full price for fans to come to a game that is not their team. Detroit and St. Louis don't have the best fan base. So we would have nobody in the stadium

Garland Greene
12-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Looks like the Wilf's have another argument to build a new stadium

dfosterf
12-12-2010, 03:49 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/Vikings%20Stuff/Image1-1.jpg

It would appear that all the hot air has been removed from the metrodome.

:P

singersp
12-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Regardless of where it's played, it sounds like the only ones being able to watch it would be those in the TC or NY viewing market area & those in attendance.

I would guess DirectTV would be allowed to broadcast it as well for those with NFL Sunday Ticket. Don't know that for sure.

Garland Greene
12-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Hearing conflicting reports they are saying it is not only collapsed but it is torn in several places which could mean several weeks before the stadium is ready to be played in?

singersp
12-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Can anyone else quote "dfosterf"?

It appears, due to the length of his sig, part of his posts & the quote button are cut-off on his posts.

dfosterf
12-12-2010, 03:57 PM
I kinda like that "feature" :P

I already know at least what "tone" was comin' for a reply, but you gotta admit, from a Puker fan perspective, we have a lot to work with here...

It is meant in jest.

singersp
12-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Hearing conflicting reports they are saying it is not only collapsed but it is torn in several places which could mean several weeks before the stadium is ready to be played in?

If it takes more than 1 week to repair, that throws a huge monkey wrench into next Monday nights game against the Bears at home.

Would they unfairly play the game at Soldier Field giving the Bears 9 home games & the Vikings 6-7 home games this season?

One would think they'd have a tough time rescheduling two different teams to play on Monday night & reschedule the Bears-Vikings game to a later Monday night game.

Erinnn
12-12-2010, 04:00 PM

From Jeremy Fowler:

Repair crews being flown in from across country to fix at least three Metrodome roof panels that ripped open overnight.

The rips, according to Minneapolis Sports Facilities Commission chairman Roy Terwilliger, caused ice and snow to spill onto field.

singersp
12-12-2010, 04:02 PM
@dfosterf

Nope, wasn't really going to reply to that one, but I thought about it. I did want to reply to a post you made earlier in another thread, but the quote button wasn't there either.

Mr Anderson
12-12-2010, 04:04 PM

It appears, due to the length of his sig, part of his posts & the quote button are cut-off on his posts.
I can do everything.

What is your screen resolution set to?

Try holding ctrl and using your scroll wheel.

So much for a home game. So now we either go to UofM stadium and expose ourselves to the elements we don't ordinarily play in.

Go to Detroit: A division opponent and closer to NYC by a couple of hours, and much closer to Upstate NY where there are probably a decent number of Giants fans. Plus the Detroit locals who will no doubt be in attendance somehow. It's like a road game, not a neutral site.- Fuck that.

Go to Indy: Truly a neutral site. Dome stadium, basically equidistant from both home cities. A non-conference team plays there ordinarily.

If we're playing at another field, it better be Lucas Oil Stadium.

singersp
12-12-2010, 04:07 PM
The rips, according to Minneapolis Sports Facilities Commission chairman Roy Terwilliger, caused ice and snow to spill onto field.

No shit Sherlock!

I would have never guessed that snow & ice would have fell through huge rips in roof panels.

Garland Greene
12-12-2010, 04:09 PM

I can do everything.

So much for a home game. So now we either go to UofM stadium and expose ourselves to the elements we don't ordinarily play in.

Go to Detroit: A division opponent and closer to NYC by a couple of hours, and much closer to Upstate NY where there are probably a decent number of Giants fans. Plus the Detroit locals who will no doubt be in attendance somehow. It's like a road game, not a neutral site.- Fuck that.

Go to Indy: Truly a neutral site. Dome stadium, basically equidistant from both home cities. A non-conference team plays there ordinarily.

It sounds like Ford field is going to make the most sense because they are already set up with the Camera crews ect. So there would be less set up that needs to be done.

singersp
12-12-2010, 04:12 PM

I can do everything.

Holding the CTRL button & using the scroll wheel makes only the text size smaller or bigger. (Using Mozilla)

Resolution is set at 1680x1050, which is recommended for a 24" monitor

Texas Viking
12-12-2010, 04:14 PM
A friend in Minnesota told me that the Dallas stadium has also been mentioned as an alternate, which would be an early Christmas present for me!

Besides, I’m sure Jones could use the extra revenue this year.

Erinnn
12-12-2010, 04:17 PM

Judd Zulgad just reported Indy is the front runner. I think they read Mr. Anderson's post.

Tad7
12-12-2010, 04:17 PM
I hope nobody believes for a second that Favre wouldn't of started today. But of course Favre HAS to put that story out there himself. What a pathetic piece of shit. He's literally one of the worst human beings to ever live.

NodakPaul
12-12-2010, 04:19 PM

Move the game to another NFL stadium, probably St. Louis.

=Z=
They are talking about ford field now, but I am confused how they would alleviate the problem of having to refund ticket. There were probably around 60,000+ tickets already sold for todays game, and if it is moved to an entirely different state I don't see how they could avoid refunding those tickets. The tickets say specially that the time and date are subject to change, but not the venue. Legally the tickets would have to be refunded.

Actually my guess is that all tickets will be refunded regardless, even if it its held at TCF. Then they could just open sales up using TCF seating map. Season ticket holders would get first donna, and then open to the public.

Mr Anderson
12-12-2010, 04:21 PM

I can do everything.

Holding the CTRL button & using the scroll wheel makes only the text size smaller or bigger. (Using Mozilla)

Resolution is set at 1680x1050, which is recommended for a 24" monitor
The resolution is definitely big enough.

I guess try doing a full page refresh- hit f5.

If that doesn't work maybe try clearing browser data in Firefox. Tools>Clear Recent History.

Other than that, I don't know what else to do.

Infidel
12-12-2010, 04:22 PM
They're not gonna play in ten below zero weather.

Not gonna happen.

We're going on the road and we'll play indoors.

The only question is where?

Holzberg
12-12-2010, 04:32 PM
I have 8 tickets for the game against the Giants. We were still going to drive up from La Crosse this morning... that was until they moved it to Monday. Then we made plans for Monday including plans this morning after the roof fell to go to UofM.

However, the Giants say they don't have outdoor gear. If they did play in Detroit, does that mean we would get something for our tickets?

If they can't fix the roof by next Monday, I can see where they would play the Bears at UofM. But, they don't have enough seats for all of us. So how do they select which fans can attend? And do those who have tickets but don't get a seat get some sort of compensation?

Erinnn
12-12-2010, 04:35 PM
I have 8 tickets for the game against the Giants. We were still going to drive up from La Crosse this morning... that was until they moved it to Monday. Then we made plans for Monday including plans this morning after the roof fell to go to UofM.

However, the Giants say they don't have outdoor gear. If they did play in Detroit, does that mean we would get something for our tickets?

If they can't fix the roof by next Monday, I can see where they would play the Bears at UofM. But, they don't have enough seats for all of us. So how do they select which fans can attend? And do those who have tickets but don't get a seat get some sort of compensation?

They need to figure out a venue before they figure out a reimbursement strategy, but I would assume there will be compensation. As for who gets seats, I hope they give priority to season ticket holders.

Having trouble getting a picture to post, but here's the inside of the dome this morning (if it works), courtesy of ESPN1500:
http://yfrog.com/gzzp1tj

Mr Anderson
12-12-2010, 04:41 PM
NFL Network is reporting the game will be played in Detroit.

THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT!

So much for a home game. Now we go into a division rival's stadium.

What was wrong with Indy? Seriously. This is stupid. Fuck the NFL. The Minnesota Vikings get screwed again.

jrjohn
12-12-2010, 04:43 PM
Chilly has something to do with this collapse

JDogg926
12-12-2010, 04:44 PM

What was wrong with Indy? Seriously. This is stupid. Fuck the NFL. The Minnesota Vikings get screwed again.

At least we generally play well in Detroit...

Holzberg
12-12-2010, 04:46 PM

They need to figure out a venue before they figure out a reimbursement strategy, but I would assume there will be compensation. As for who gets seats, I hope they give priority to season ticket holders.

Having trouble getting a picture to post, but here's the inside of the dome this morning (if it works), courtesy of ESPN1500:
http://yfrog.com/gzzp1tj

I am a season ticket holder. However, only 2 of my 8 tickets are my season tickets. I bought 6 others a couple of months ago for when the inlaws came up.

Wow, that is worse than I thought. Could you imagine if that happened during the game?

The Bears game is suppose to be the 50th celebration, so that sucks if they can't play in the dome.

marstc09
12-12-2010, 04:48 PM
PHOTO GALLERY

http://1500espn.com/gallery/metrodome_collapses/viewall

Holzberg
12-12-2010, 04:50 PM

Makes sense since the cameras will all be there and everything, but I thought St. Louis would have been a good stadium too.

But, either way... WHO THE HELL WILL BE THERE TO WATCH THE GAME? DETROIT FANS?

Both the Giants and Vikings fans are getting screwed.

SharperImage
12-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Lol that's what I said. Ain't no one going to be there to watch the game probably like 1000 people tops

marstc09
12-12-2010, 04:59 PM

=Z=

So what now? They refund all 65,000? lol A show of hands, how many are traveling to Detroit?

It is not "incredibly unrealistic". Hell I even think they said it was an option on NFL Network.

Infidel
12-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Most of us watch on television anyway.

ThorSPL
12-12-2010, 05:03 PM
Most of us watch on television anyway.

Most of us won't be able to watch it on Television....

purplepride2010
12-12-2010, 05:04 PM

=Z=

So what now? They refund all 65,000? lol A show of hands, how many are traveling to Detroit?

I was looking forward to seeing this game, but won't be traveling to Detroit. What are we going to do about the Bears game next Monday night?

Mr Anderson
12-12-2010, 05:06 PM

lol

And whoever said both fans are getting screwed: That's true.

But one team is losing a home game. I don't care how long the Giants have been in Kansas City, our team is getting screwed here.

We're going to lose 2 in a row now.

The Giants are getting what they want. We're getting fucked with sandpaper wrapped, barbed wire baseball bat dipped in tobasco and lit on fire.

It's like if the New Meadowlands was unable to host a game and they moved it to Dallas. Lose a home game and play in the stadium of a division rival? What kind of bullshit is that? Come on, NFL.

i_bleed_purple
12-12-2010, 05:06 PM

=Z=

I was looking forward to seeing this game, but won't be traveling to Detroit. What are we going to do about the Bears game next Monday night?

This has happened before, and it's been reparied before.

Hell, the roof tore once during a baseball game, and it was only a 9 minute delay. Mind you, it wasn't as massive as today, but this will be up and ready again in a week.

marstc09
12-12-2010, 05:09 PM

none

+1

Totally irrelevant.

=Z=

Agreed. We could have had a catastrophe had the game been played & the roof collapsed then.

1. Do retractable roofs collapse? I don't think so.

2. LA has earthquakes.

3. This is only the 2nd time since the dome was built in early 80's that it collapsed. I don't recall exactly how long it took to repair the last time, but the Vikings didn't miss a game. It could have been during a week they played on the road.

Actually it looks like it has collapsed twice.

That same winter, on April 14, 1983, the Metrodome roof deflated because of a tear caused by heavy snow and the scheduled Twins’ game with the California Angels was postponed. It was the only postponement in Metrodome history until 2007.

On November 19, 1981, a rapid accumulation of over a foot of snow caused the roof to collapse, requiring it to be re-inflated.

http://theuptake.org/2010/12/12/metrodome-collapses-from-minnesota-blizzard/

marstc09
12-12-2010, 05:12 PM

=Z=

From what I read this is the 3rd collapse.

Mr Anderson
12-12-2010, 05:13 PM
And Detroit games can go FOR FREE!!!

This is now an away game for us. We're facing division rival fans and a much better team than normally plays in this stadium.

Edit: I misread. There's nothing saying for sure they get to go for free.

There’s no word yet on the ticket situation for Monday night in Detroit, but here’s hoping Vikings ticket holders get a full refund, and fans in Detroit are allowed to attend for free.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/12/vikings-host-giants-at-ford-field/

BadlandsVikings
12-12-2010, 05:14 PM
The only ones that benefit from this is Lion's fans. They get a Monday night game and they dont have to watch the Lions

marstc09
12-12-2010, 05:16 PM

=Z=

How do you decide here?
http://prod.static.lions.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/tickets/100408-seasontickets.jpg

dfosterf
12-12-2010, 05:19 PM
It should have been Lambeau. I'm tellin' ya. You could've gone. You would have retained home-field advantage...WE would have been cheering for you--at least I'm pretty darn sure we would have, what with self-interst involved...

As it is-- Detroit...

hmph

3 buck nite at Ford Field. The rough equivalent of available seating in the US House of Representatives when Maxine Waters has the podium...

(Formally request waiver on the politics thing in the interest of a generalized and hopefully well-recieved humorous attempt at a good analogy)

SharperImage
12-12-2010, 05:19 PM
SAINTS PR: Based on what happened at the Metrodome, Mr. Benson reached out to the NFL to offer the Superdome to play the game

like hell we would want to play in the superdome.. ill take my chances at detriot. Atleast we know we can win there. If we did play there, they'd boo us worse than detriot.

countrygirl
12-12-2010, 05:23 PM
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="video" width="320" height="280" data="http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/video/videoplayer.swf?dppversion=6512"><param value="http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/video/videoplayer.swf?dppversion=6512" name="movie"/><param value="&skin=MP1ExternalAll-MFL.swf&embed=true&adSizeArray=300x240,,&adSrc=http%3A%2F%2Fad%2Edoubleclick%2Enet%2Fadx%2Ftsg%2Ekmsp%2Fnews%2Fdetail%3Bdcmt%3Dtext%2Fxml%3Bpos%3D%3Btile%3D2%3Bfname%3Dsnow%2Dcollapses%2Dmetrodome%252C%2Dvikings%2Dpostponed%2Ddec%2D12%2D2010%3Bloc%3Dsite%3Bsz%3D320x240%3Bord%3D743694941435346200%3Frand%3D0%2E3605814308631294&flv=%2Ffeeds%2FoutboundFeed%3FobfType%3DVIDEO%5FPLAYER%5FSMIL%5FFEED%26componentId%3D133934015&img=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia2%2Emyfoxtwincities%2Ecom%2F%2Fphoto%2F2010%2F12%2F12%2FHOLYdome121210%5Ftmb0004%5F20101212111515%5F640%5F480%2EJPG&story=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emyfoxtwincities%2Ecom%2Fdpp%2Fnews%2Fsnow%2Dcollapses%2Dmetrodome%252C%2Dvikings%2Dpostponed%2Ddec%2D12%2D2010&category=news&title=Metrodome%20Collapse%20Video&oacct=foximfoximkmsp,foximglobal&ovns=foxinteractivemedia" name="FlashVars"/><param value="all" name="allowNetworking"/><param value="always" name="allowScriptAccess"/></object>

countrygirl
12-12-2010, 05:24 PM
http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/news/snow-collapses-metrodome%2C-vikings-postponed-dec-12-2010

This is awesome!

marstc09
12-12-2010, 05:24 PM
I hope nobody believes for a second that Favre wouldn't of started today. But of course Favre HAS to put that story out there himself. What a pathetic piece of shit. He's literally one of the worst human beings to ever live.

Is that a tear I see? LMFAO!

marstc09
12-12-2010, 05:32 PM
http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/news/snow-collapses-metrodome%2C-vikings-postponed-dec-12-2010

This is awesome!

Weird that they had cameras going when that happened.

i_bleed_purple
12-12-2010, 05:33 PM

This is awesome!

If C Mac was still around, he'd find a way to link it to a conspiracy theory.

Holzberg
12-12-2010, 05:35 PM
I mentioned I have 2 season tickets and bought 6 others for the in laws. Here is the email StubHub sent me at 11:19 AM...

Dear StubHub Customer,

Thank you for buying your tickets at StubHub.

We are writing you to inform you the venue for the Giants Viking Game on 12/12 has been changed to Ford Field in Detroit and rescheduled to 12/13/2010 7:20pm (Eastern Time). Ford Field will be accepting original tickets from the original venue. Unfortunately no refunds will be issued.

If you have any questions, please send us an email to customerservice@stubhub.com. Thank you for shopping at StubHub!

Sincerely,

StubHub Customer Service

singersp
12-12-2010, 05:37 PM

LaCrosse? You're only a stone's throw away from me down river from Fountain City (near Winona)

AngloVike
12-12-2010, 05:39 PM

This is awesome!

The possibility of an open-air night game at TCF Bank stadium was considered, but the Giants did not travel with winter weather gear to play in
ah bless.. do the little kiddy widdies not take their warm winter nappies with them?? Given that the league and media like puckering up to the NY teams then thought they would have been warm enough :lol:

Holzberg
12-12-2010, 05:39 PM

LaCrosse? You're only a stone's throw away from me down river from Fountain City (near Winona)

Yeah, I know where Fountain City is. Been through a couple of times. I did stop there a couple of years ago at Buffalo Fireworks... and about 6 or 7 years back we went there (or near there) for a bachelor party :)

singersp
12-12-2010, 05:40 PM
I mentioned I have 2 season tickets and bought 6 others for the in laws. Here is the email StubHub sent me at 11:19 AM...

Dear StubHub Customer,

We are writing you to inform you the venue for the Giants Viking Game on 12/12 has been changed to Ford Field in Detroit and rescheduled to 12/13/2010 7:20pm (Eastern Time). Ford Field will be accepting original tickets from the original venue. Unfortunately no refunds will be issued.

If you have any questions, please send us an email to customerservice@stubhub.com. Thank you for shopping at StubHub!

Sincerely,

StubHub Customer Service

They could have easily shortened that letter.

Dear StubHub Customer,

YOU'RE FUCKED!!

Erinnn
12-12-2010, 05:40 PM

Dear StubHub Customer,

Sincerely,

StubHub Customer Service

And they had the balls to sign it customer service. I honestly don't know how Stub Hub gets their tickets or operates, but if there are being refunds offered and Stub Hub gets that money plus yours I would be even more pissed.

singersp
12-12-2010, 05:41 PM

Yeah, I know where Fountain City is. Been through a couple of times. I did stop there a couple of years ago at Buffalo Fireworks... and about 6 or 7 years back we went there (or near there) for a bachelor party :)

Are you sure you weren't up here to go to The Gin Mill or The 4 Mile? LOL!

i_bleed_purple
12-12-2010, 05:42 PM

Dear StubHub Customer,

Sincerely,

StubHub Customer Service

And they had the balls to sign it customer service. I honestly don't know how Stub Hub gets their tickets or operates, but if there are being refunds offered and Stub Hub gets that money plus yours I would be even more pissed.

Stub Hub just acts as a middle-man between a seller and buyer, much like ebay.

They earn a percentage of the sale price as comission, but otherwise, the bulk of hte money you spend goes to the seller.

Reason they don't refund, is that they can't force the seller to refund.

The only way to get a refund that way would be to contact the seller directly and try and work out a refund, but it's unlikely that would happen.

That's the risk you run when buying tickets anywhere except direct from ticketmaster.

singersp
12-12-2010, 05:46 PM

Dear StubHub Customer,

Sincerely,

StubHub Customer Service

Stub Hub just acts as a middle-man between a seller and buyer, much like ebay.

They earn a percentage of the sale price as comission, but otherwise, the bulk of hte money you spend goes to the seller.

Reason they don't refund, is that they can't force the seller to refund.

The only way to get a refund that way would be to contact the seller directly and try and work out a refund, but it's unlikely that would happen.

That's the risk you run when buying tickets anywhere except direct from ticketmaster.

Check the back of the ticket. That's where they'll mention a refund or no refund disclaimer.

I recall season tickets stating that refunds would be made if the event is canceled.

marstc09
12-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Another huge tear!

http://stmedia.startribune.com/images/640*426/06snow1213.jpg

singersp
12-12-2010, 05:53 PM
I wonder how many fans from far out (thinking Dakotans & Iowans) made the pilgrimage to Minneapolis, unaware that the game was postponed.

Not to mention the Giants fans that drove or flew in.

BadlandsVikings
12-12-2010, 05:55 PM

This is awesome!

look at the far sidline and watch the guy leaving on the cart as fast as he can

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjmGkWma3jE

Mr Anderson
12-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Free Tickets to Football at Ford Field (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/12/free-tickets-to-football-at-ford-field/)

FUCK THIS.

marstc09
12-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Refunds will be given for all original tickets holders

http://twitter.com/chipscoggins/statuses/14012500668325888

SharperImage
12-12-2010, 06:00 PM
i should make that 8 hour drive from DC to Detriot for a free ticket... hmmm...

marstc09
12-12-2010, 06:01 PM
According to the Vikings, anyone with tickets to the original game at the Metrodome will be admitted to the game and given preferential seating near the 50-yard line. Otherwise, general admission tickets will be free and available at the Ford Field ticket office starting 9 a.m. ET Monday.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/20855/general-admission-is-free-monday-night

singersp
12-12-2010, 06:17 PM
According to the Vikings, anyone with tickets to the original game at the Metrodome will be admitted to the game and given preferential seating near the 50-yard line. Otherwise, general admission tickets will be free and available at the Ford Field ticket office starting 9 a.m. ET Monday.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/20855/general-admission-is-free-monday-night

I should have bought a shitload of hard tickets for half off face value or more off of eBay.

singersp
12-12-2010, 06:18 PM

This is awesome!

look at the far sidline and watch the guy leaving on the cart as fast as he can

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjmGkWma3jE

Is the cart leaking oil or is that a shit streak?

NodakPaul
12-12-2010, 07:34 PM

I should have bought a shitload of hard tickets for half off face value or more off of eBay.

lol.

One thing that a lot of people who bought their tickets from resellars need to remember is that the Vikings have a contract between the original seller and the Vikings, and they are honoring that contract. If someone chooses to buy from a source other than the Vikings, refunds will be determined by the new seller - NOT the Vikings. That is part of the risk you incur when you buy from a reseller. They have absolutely NO legal obligation to refund the money. The odds are that people who bought from anyone other than the Vikings will not be getting refunds. And that is 100% fair and legal.

ultravikingfan
12-12-2010, 07:36 PM

I can do everything.

LOL!

I doubt there are that many Giants fans near Detroit and the upstate NY fans are not going to trek across a snow ravaged Ohio to get there.

ultravikingfan
12-12-2010, 07:37 PM

Great point!

Dibbzz
12-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Yeah, this pretty much sums up our season symbolically. :(

Hopefully now this raises public awareness in regards to getting a new stadium. Now we pretty much are obligated to get one. If not here then L.A. (*knocks on wood that this doesn't happen*).

ultravikingfan
12-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Sweet!!!!

The game will be broadcast in both local markets on Fox affiliates and will also be available as part of DirectTV’s Sunday Ticket package.

marshallvike
12-12-2010, 07:59 PM

I grew up in LaCrosse. Great town to grow up in. Glad I moved though, or I picture myself still sitting on the same bar stool I was in back then. We used to go to Winona occasionally when I was a kid. I do not recall Fountain City though.

Zeus
12-12-2010, 08:22 PM

This is awesome!

Wow.

=Z=

Zeus
12-12-2010, 08:25 PM

Dear StubHub Customer,

Sincerely,

StubHub Customer Service

Whoever purchased the tickets from the Vikings will get a refund.

=Z=

Formo
12-12-2010, 09:00 PM
So, is there anyone here that still thinks the Dome is an adequate enough venue?

Didn't think so. We need to bring this up to the legislature. What if that happened with 65k+ people in it?

NodakPaul
12-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Sweet!!!!

The game will be broadcast in both local markets on Fox affiliates and will also be available as part of DirectTV’s Sunday Ticket package.

I hope it is on here - Fargo/Moorhead is considered a secondary market (along with all of ND and Most of Montana and SD). I don't know yet if the rebroadcast applies to us. :(

JDogg926
12-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Sweet!!!!

I hope it is on here - Fargo/Moorhead is considered a secondary market (along with all of ND and Most of Montana and SD). I don't know yet if the rebroadcast applies to us. :(

It is. I emailed DirecTV customer service last night, the second I learned that they had rescheduled the game for Monday night (before the roof caved in), I got an email today from them saying it would be available on Sunday Ticket channel 710. Not sure if those are the same #'s across the country, but that's what channel it will be on in the Northeast Ohio area.

ultravikingfan
12-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Sweet!!!!

It is. I emailed DirecTV customer service last night, the second I learned that they had rescheduled the game for Monday night (before the roof caved in), I got an email today from them saying it would be available on Sunday Ticket channel 710. Not sure if those are the same #'s across the country, but that's what channel it will be on in the Northeast Ohio area.

It will be on 710 nationwide.

Not just Ohio

NodakPaul
12-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Sweet!!!!

That is direct tv. Usually the game is on fox here in fargo. If it is only available via direct tv,i will be heading to the bar to watch it.

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
12-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Locally i saw it is going to be on WNYX or something like that in the NY area. Also KMSP ABC Minneapolis, rochester, mankato and probably some other affiliates in the 5 state area.

BadlandsVikings
12-12-2010, 10:56 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs447.ash2/72074_10150108914035211_711325210_7946361_5737270_n.jpg

Reignman
12-13-2010, 01:02 AM
kh5iE5FA84g

I think this helps our chances at getting a new stadium more than it increases the chance that we'll be moving to LA.

I don't think there's a conspiracy, but did they have a camera crew in there all night? They have some nice angles, and a nice shot of all the key moments. Even Curt Menefee said "It almost looks like James Cameron directed that" lol.

Infidel
12-13-2010, 02:00 AM
This won't change anything. Other than being entertaining, it's meaningless.

Most people don't much care about this or a new stadium.

They watch the Vikings on t.v. and thus they don't even HAVE a stadium issue.

The average guy says, "Let the millionaires buy their own damn stadiums."

That's just the way it is.

snowinapril
12-13-2010, 02:13 AM
Pop the top off of this beyatch and let's play some football.

Next home game will be an outdoor game.

LOL!

:evil:

i_bleed_purple
12-13-2010, 02:19 AM
Pop the top off of this beyatch and let's play some football.

Next home game will be an outdoor game.

LOL!

:evil:

I'd love to see an outdoor snow game in TCF.

Infidel
12-13-2010, 02:32 AM
As long as I'm watching on television!!

:D

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
12-13-2010, 03:32 AM
This won't change anything. Other than being entertaining, it's meaningless.

Most people don't much care about this or a new stadium.

They watch the Vikings on t.v. and thus they don't even HAVE a stadium issue.

The average guy says, "Let the millionaires buy their own damn stadiums."

That's just the way it is.

How the hell do you know this?
Have you done a detailed scientific study that shows the fans don't care.

When you say things like "most people" you only make yourself look ignorant and foolish.

There are a hell of a lot more people that care then you think. Use your cranium next time you 'say' things like this, and get your facts straight.

I know i don't want YOU speaking for ME.

Infidel
12-13-2010, 03:36 AM
Why do you think I'm speaking for you?

There may be some people who care, but most don't.

So you do? Good for you. Most people really don't give a damn about the stadium issue except to make sure it doesn't cost them any of their tax dollars.

BadlandsVikings
12-13-2010, 03:45 AM
Why do you think I'm speaking for you?

There may be some people who care, but most don't.

So you do? Good for you. Most people really don't give a damn about the stadium issue except to make sure it doesn't cost them any of their tax dollars.

And I suppose you think no one will miss the team if they move either? :blink:

Infidel
12-13-2010, 03:47 AM
Oh, now you've exaggerated it to "no one."

Try to stay real. That's not what I said.

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
12-13-2010, 04:34 AM
There are many many websites, twitter and facebook pages filled with state residents that do care. You are completely off base with your 'most' comment.

Ignorant.

Infidel
12-13-2010, 04:38 AM
Whatever you say.....if it's on Twitter, it must be true.

We'll probably have a new stadium in no time.

Collect a dollar each from everybody on Twitter.

;)

RK.
12-13-2010, 06:26 AM
If the majority of MN residents cared about a stadium for the Vikes it would have been started two or three years ago. The truth is while there are many fans that care the majority in MN do not care and do not want to spend the money. That's just the fact of the matter.

The question I have is do the Wilfs have to repair the roof or does the state have to repair it, since the Vikes simply lease the stadium and don't own it.
Also will the state have to pick up the tab for any financial loss due to moving the game since it is their responsibility for the stadium failure. I am not sure what the lease contract says.

i_bleed_purple
12-13-2010, 06:42 AM
If the majority of MN residents cared about a stadium for the Vikes it would have been started two or three years ago. The truth is while there are many fans that care the majority in MN do not care and do not want to spend the money. That's just the fact of the matter.

The question I have is do the Wilfs have to repair the roof or does the state have to repair it, since the Vikes simply lease the stadium and don't own it.
Also will the state have to pick up the tab for any financial loss due to moving the game since it is their responsibility for the stadium failure. I am not sure what the lease contract says.

The Owners of the dome have insurance for that type of thing. They said so in a press conference.

it won't be an issue.

Also, It would be hard to stick the state with the bill for any lost income. It's really not their fault. There is a crappy stadium built in Minny, It was built the way it was, it's not the State's fault that there was alot of snow and the dome collapsed.

singersp
12-13-2010, 12:00 PM

lol.

One thing that a lot of people who bought their tickets from resellars need to remember is that the Vikings have a contract between the original seller and the Vikings, and they are honoring that contract. If someone chooses to buy from a source other than the Vikings, refunds will be determined by the new seller - NOT the Vikings. That is part of the risk you incur when you buy from a reseller. They have absolutely NO legal obligation to refund the money. The odds are that people who bought from anyone other than the Vikings will not be getting refunds. And that is 100% fair and legal.

With that said, does Stub Hub get reimbursed for all the tickets that they bought or are they merely an outlet that the Vikings sell through, like Ticketmaster?

If they do actually buy the tickets & then resell them, they made out like bandits on this one.

Not only did they collect monies for tickets when they sold them to fans, but would get reimbursed for all the tickets they bought & sold for this game. They already told their clients 'YOUR FUCKED' when asked about refunds.

Marrdro
12-13-2010, 01:35 PM
What a mess.

Any of you PPO'rs, who are season ticket holders, recieve anything from the Vikes giving you options?

TNViking
12-13-2010, 01:51 PM
Three of us Nashville Norsemen are coming up for the Bears game. I'd personally love an outside game at Gopher Stadium. Or if they're moving to another Dome, why not St. Louis this time? It's alot closer to me! And my tix might get upgraded to 50 yd line seats like in Detroit today. (I'm just sayin'

Any idea when we'll find out anything? Making last minute changes in plans is always a b!tch, especially this close to the Holidays. I'd really appreciate updates as they become available locally.

i_bleed_purple
12-13-2010, 02:38 PM
Three of us Nashville Norsemen are coming up for the Bears game. I'd personally love an outside game at Gopher Stadium. Or if they're moving to another Dome, why not St. Louis this time? It's alot closer to me! And my tix might get upgraded to 50 yd line seats like in Detroit today. (I'm just sayin'

Any idea when we'll find out anything? Making last minute changes in plans is always a b!tch, especially this close to the Holidays. I'd really appreciate updates as they become available locally.

I bet you'll find out around the middle of the week if they think the dome will be ready for Monday or not.

snowinapril
12-13-2010, 02:50 PM

I wouldn't say they don't care, they are just apathetic. They won't care until it matters, which is sometimes too late, but that is a topic for a different thread.

I really wish that this game wasn't in Detroit. That is BS. I liked the TennNorseman's idea of StL instead. Those Detroit Fans will be booing the Vikes or maybe they will appreciate the underdog aspect. LOL! Either way playing this game outside of MN is not a home game.

Why not move it to TCF? Well with 20,000 less seats how were they going to give seats out. How many people are going to take Mon and Tues off to use their 50-200 tickets in Det? Who is also going to incur the travel expenses to DET?

GB or KC or StL would have been easier to drive to. It is over 12 hours to Det.

BTW, how many people fit in the FargoDome?

Zeus
12-13-2010, 03:15 PM
What a mess.

Any of you PPO'rs, who are season ticket holders, recieve anything from the Vikes giving you options?

Yup. We get a credit on 2011 season-tickets.

=Z=

Caine
12-13-2010, 03:51 PM
1: Moving the game to Detroit screwed the Vikes and their fans. Poor solution, NFL.

2: I do believe that most residents don't care about the Vikings stadium. With 61% of polled people against a new Stadium, it's hard to argue for it.

As far as I can tell ,a publicly funded stadium has NEVER returned the public's investment to them. That's a pretty telling stat. That means that the players and owners get rich off the deal - and the TV networks too - but the STATE never really gets a true return on their investment.

Kind of like how we bailed out the banks and the car companies so that they could continue to screw us...

So the sentiment is more towards having those who actually WILL benefit from a new stadium pay for it. And I can appreciate that.

Do I want the Vikings to move? No. But can I sit here in WI and rail at the Minnesota tax payers for not wanting to increase their taxes to pay for a stadium that will NOT return their investment?

Nope.

All I can do is look to Zygi Wilf and say, "Let's see how committed you are to Minnesota, Zygi! Put up more of it yourself..after all, you are the one who stands to benefit the most".

Caine

NodakPaul
12-13-2010, 04:08 PM
1: Moving the game to Detroit screwed the Vikes and their fans. Poor solution, NFL.

2: I do believe that most residents don't care about the Vikings stadium. With 61% of polled people against a new Stadium, it's hard to argue for it.

As far as I can tell ,a publicly funded stadium has NEVER returned the public's investment to them. That's a pretty telling stat. That means that the players and owners get rich off the deal - and the TV networks too - but the STATE never really gets a true return on their investment.

Kind of like how we bailed out the banks and the car companies so that they could continue to screw us...

So the sentiment is more towards having those who actually WILL benefit from a new stadium pay for it. And I can appreciate that.

Do I want the Vikings to move? No. But can I sit here in WI and rail at the Minnesota tax payers for not wanting to increase their taxes to pay for a stadium that will NOT return their investment?

Nope.

All I can do is look to Zygi Wilf and say, "Let's see how committed you are to Minnesota, Zygi! Put up more of it yourself..after all, you are the one who stands to benefit the most".

Caine

Well, let's start off with your statement that a publicly funded stadium has NEVER returned the public's investment to them. You don't have to go very far to disprove that. The Metrodome.

The Metrodome not only earned back 100% of the public financing within the first 10 years, but it also generated a positive revenue stream while it had the Vikings, Twins, and Gophers all as lease holders.

Now I will be the first to admit that the Metrodome is a bit of an exception. It was built on the cheap, and had the luxury of three major tenants for the majority of its existance. But other stadiums have shown a positive return on investment as well. Lambeau Field, Soldier Field and UoP Stadium all used public funds to renovate or build the stadium, and all three are ahead of schedule for public refinancing.

Other new stadiums, like Indianapolis and Detroit don't enjoy the direct stadium revenue that others due (not sure why Indianapolis was so low), but they do enjoy a positive tax revenue from the player salaries, same as Minnesota does right now.

Bottom line, having a professional sports team in the state DOES generate positive revenue. The cold hard facts support that. it has been established MANY times, by both pro and anti-stadium people, that a new Vikings stadium would generate a minimum of $25+ million to $40+ million per year through DIRECT tax benefits. Again, this is not counting the indirect tax benefit, nor does it try and quantify the qualatative benefit to the state.

There is opportunity cost - public money invested in a stadium could be invested elsewhere for a larger ROI, but to say that the stadium would not return the taxpayer's investment is categorically wrong.

I agree, it is hard to sit out of state and rail on he Minnesota tax payers for not wanting to increase their taxes to pay for a stadium that will not return their investment? However, when there are ways to fund the satdium WITHOUT raising taxes (Racino) and the stadium most likely WILL return the public investment, I am OK with a little railing.

Marrdro
12-13-2010, 05:31 PM
What a mess.

=Z=
Thanks Z. Did they say anything about "If you made it to Detroit"?

NodakPaul
12-13-2010, 05:37 PM
What a mess.

=Z=

I am pretty sure you get the refund anyway. Here is the entire email I got from the Vikings:

The Minnesota Vikings policy will affect the original account owner of record for Giants-Vikings tickets purchased through the Vikings and Ticketmaster only.

Vikings Season Ticket Owners

Season ticket owners and five-game package purchasers will have their accounts automatically credited for the Giants game to their 2011 Season Tickets.

Single-Game Tickets Purchased Through Ticketmaster

Fans who purchased single-game tickets by telephone or the internet through Ticketmaster will receive a refund to the credit card used for the original purchase, including fees (except UPS and InStore Pick Up, if applicable) within 7-10 business days.

If tickets were purchased in person through a Ticketmaster outlet, then the original tickets must be returned to the same outlet, where purchased, to receive a refund.

Single-Game Tickets Purchased Through Vikings Ticket Office

Fans who purchased tickets directly from the Vikings Ticket Office at Mall of America Field need to return the original game tickets ONLY if the tickets were purchased in person at the Vikings ticket window and NOT part of a Season Ticket or five-game package or purchased at a Ticketmaster outlet.

Group and Mail Order Tickets Purchased Through Vikings Ticket Office

Group or mail order ticket purchasers will automatically receive a refund to the same credit card from the original purchase.

Fans who purchased tickets from a source other than the Vikings or Ticketmaster must contact that specific source for a refund. The Vikings are not responsible for refunds to purchasers of tickets through other sources.

For latest Vikings information, fans can visit vikings.com.

Sincerely,
The Minnesota Vikings

I am impressed that they are refunding all fees as well if you bought the tickets through TicketMaster.

Marrdro
12-13-2010, 05:40 PM
What a mess.

=Z=

I am pretty sure you get the refund anyway. Here is the entire email I got from the Vikings:

The Minnesota Vikings policy will affect the original account owner of record for Giants-Vikings tickets purchased through the Vikings and Ticketmaster only.

Vikings Season Ticket Owners

Season ticket owners and five-game package purchasers will have their accounts automatically credited for the Giants game to their 2011 Season Tickets.

Single-Game Tickets Purchased Through Ticketmaster

Fans who purchased single-game tickets by telephone or the internet through Ticketmaster will receive a refund to the credit card used for the original purchase, including fees (except UPS and InStore Pick Up, if applicable) within 7-10 business days.

If tickets were purchased in person through a Ticketmaster outlet, then the original tickets must be returned to the same outlet, where purchased, to receive a refund.

Single-Game Tickets Purchased Through Vikings Ticket Office

Fans who purchased tickets directly from the Vikings Ticket Office at Mall of America Field need to return the original game tickets ONLY if the tickets were purchased in person at the Vikings ticket window and NOT part of a Season Ticket or five-game package or purchased at a Ticketmaster outlet.

Group and Mail Order Tickets Purchased Through Vikings Ticket Office

Group or mail order ticket purchasers will automatically receive a refund to the same credit card from the original purchase.

Fans who purchased tickets from a source other than the Vikings or Ticketmaster must contact that specific source for a refund. The Vikings are not responsible for refunds to purchasers of tickets through other sources.

For latest Vikings information, fans can visit vikings.com.

Sincerely,
The Minnesota Vikings

I am impressed that they are refunding all fees as well if you bought the tickets through TicketMaster.
Thanks NP, that is exactly what I was looking for, and expected.

Marrdro
12-13-2010, 06:17 PM
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site569/2010/1213/20101213_085620_vikingsTickets2.jpg

The Lions said those holding a ticket to the Giants-Vikings game scheduled in Minneapolis will be admitted and given preferred seating in Detroit. Fans with tickets from Sunday's Packers-Lions game in Detroit will be admitted free with no reserved seating.

Lions halt distribution of free tickets to Vikings-Giants game tonight
(http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_16846316?source=rss&nclick_check=1)

Marrdro
12-13-2010, 06:25 PM
Meanwhile, next Monday Night’s game versus the Bears will be called into question next. The Metropolitan Sports Facility Commission sounds confident they can have the Metrodome ready in time for the game, but keep in mind that these are the same people that said Saturday night that there was no problem with the Metrodome and decided to postpone snow removal until Sunday morning.

Updating The Giant Mess
(http://www.vikingsgab.com/2010/12/13/updating-the-giant-mess/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+VikingsGab+%28Vikings+Gab%29)
I wonder who the chucklehead was who made that call......LOL

Not sure about the rest of you, however, the MSFC is the root of all evil in my book. Just another prime example of a entity outliving its reason for existance.

snowinapril
12-13-2010, 06:32 PM
No way the dome is repaired by Monday, in my skeptical opinion! How about next weeks game, where will it be played?

Anyone have odds on the dome being repaired for MNF next week?

My guess is 30% being fixed. The repair experts won't even be there until Mon afternoon. Do the beams holding up the roof have to be specially fitted, then I would say even less. It doesn't look like that complicated of a structure. We should know late this afternoon on the repair time line.

snowinapril
12-13-2010, 06:35 PM
This just in, next weeks game will be a home game in LA!

:evil: Sad demented Joke!

Marrdro
12-13-2010, 06:38 PM
No way the dome is repaired by Monday, in my skeptical opinion! How about next weeks game, where will it be played?

My guess is 30% being fixed. The repair experts won't even be there until Mon afternoon. Do the beams holding up the roof have to be specially fitted, then I would say even less. It doesn't look like that complicated of a structure. We should know late this afternoon on the repair time line.
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, however, I don't think there are any beams that hold the roof up. Its comprised of cables to hold form with air being the primary supporter of the roof.

snowinapril
12-13-2010, 06:44 PM
Officials at Syracuse's Carrier Dome offer help to Metrodome counterparts
http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_16846194?source=pkg&nclick_check=1

So deflating: Two home games might disappear for Minnesota Vikings, their fans
http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_16843421?source=pkg

The league contacted the University of Minnesota about the availability of outdoor TCF Bank Stadium, an outdoor venue that's smaller (50,000) than the Metrodome (63,000). But NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said university officials told the league the stadium already had been closed for the winter after the Gophers' final game Nov. 28 and that the school would need more than 24 hours to reopen.

That would have been a difficult proposition for the Giants, who left New York prepared to play indoors and had been stranded in Kansas City since Saturday because of the snowstorm. Still, athletic department spokesman Garry Bowman said the university could try to make TCF Bank Stadium available for next week's game against Chicago if the Metrodome remains unplayable.

A FEW OFFERS

For today, New Orleans Saints owner Tom Benson and Indianapolis Colts owner Robert Irsay offered their respective domed stadiums to the Vikings. But Detroit's Ford Field proved the most practical alternative. It is closer to Minneapolis, and FOX Sports, which has broadcast rights for the game, already was in Motown to televise Sunday's Lions-Green Bay Packers game.

snowinapril
12-13-2010, 06:48 PM

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, however, I don't think there are any beams that hold the roof up. Its comprised of cables to hold form with air being the primary supporter of the roof.

I am not sure either, I just assumed the cross structures were fitted, not sure what they are made of, just called them beams. So I will call them support structures.

Marrdro
12-13-2010, 06:51 PM

I am not sure either, I just assumed the cross structures were fitted, not sure what they are made of, just called them beams. So I will call them support structures.
You notice how the speakers came down almost perfectly across the structure?

I need to google it and find out, however, I think the whole thing is made to come down, almost like it did (per se) and then get inflated backup again if maintenance needs to be done.

Again, I think very little of it was probably damaged as it came down, other than the actual pieces of roofing that failed. What will probably take the time is a) finding the material, and b) getting it sewed/stitched/wired (whatever) back in so they can re-inflate the thing.

snowinapril
12-13-2010, 07:08 PM

I need to google it and find out, however, I think the whole thing is made to come down, almost like it did (per se) and then get inflated backup again if maintenance needs to be done.

Again, I think very little of it was probably damaged as it came down, other than the actual pieces of roofing that failed. What will probably take the time is a) finding the material, and b) getting it sewed/stitched/wired (whatever) back in so they can re-inflate the thing.

If that is the case that those are only for form and not actual structure, then I would up my percentage to 60% for next weeks game being played, just replace the panels and re-inflate that sounds much easier.

** Edit **.... looking at the photos, it does look uniform on the way those cross structures are all sitting now, not solid structures. It probably is just a matter of repairing the panels and re-inflating the dome. It was nice of Syracuse to offer some extra panels in that article I linked, even if it ends up being just a gesture.

Marrdro
12-13-2010, 07:18 PM
The stadium is well known for its fiberglass fabric roof that is self-supported by air-pressure. The Metrodome was also the second major sports facility to have a domed roof supported completely by air, the first being the Pontiac Silverdome. The Metrodome is similar in design to BC Place Stadium and the RCA Dome.

The Metrodome's roof is made of two layers of Teflon coated fiberglass fabric, and is an air-supported structure supported by positive air pressure. It requires 250,000 ft³/min (120 m³/s) of air to keep it inflated. It is reputed to be the largest application of Teflon on Earth[citation needed].

To maintain the differential air pressure, spectators usually enter and leave the seating and concourse areas through revolving doors, since the use of regular doors without an airlock would cause significant loss of air pressure. The double-walled construction allows warmed air to circulate beneath the top of the dome, melting accumulated snow. A sophisticated environmental control center in the lower part of the stadium is manned to monitor weather and make adjustments in air distribution to maintain the roof.

On November 19, 1981, a rapid accumulation of over a foot of snow caused the roof to collapse, requiring it to be re-inflated.

Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubert_H._Humphrey_Metrodome)
Can't find anything that talks about structural damage. Just that they eitehr removed the snow and re-inflated it or replaced/fixed the tears and then re-inflated it.

Again, I think there is very little "Structure" to the roof, mostly cause it is held up by air pressure. The heavier you make it (structure) the more air pressure it would take to hold it up kindof thought behind its design.

snowinapril
12-13-2010, 07:23 PM
Crews to inspect Metrodome, estimate repair time
http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_16847506?source=pkg

Commission chairman Roy Terwilliger says it's the fourth roof collapse since the stadium opened nearly 30 years ago, all caused by heavy snow. The previous collapses took only a few days to fix.

I am moving my percent up to 85% from 60%.

Marrdro
12-13-2010, 07:31 PM

Commission chairman Roy Terwilliger says it's the fourth roof collapse since the stadium opened nearly 30 years ago, all caused by heavy snow. The previous collapses took only a few days to fix.

:laugh: :laugh:

Marrdro
12-13-2010, 07:33 PM
“Today is not the time for any stadium talk,” said Vikings co-owner Mark Wilf following the collapse of the Metrodome’s roof. “Basically, there’s a time and place for the stadium discussion, but right now we’re focused on the game tomorrow.”

Naturally, one of the first thoughts that came to many minds on Sunday was how this might play into the Vikings bid to obtain public funding for a new stadium in Minnesota. After all, the Wilf’s have been contacted by at least two investment groups based out of Los Angeles that would love to see the Wilf family trade their snowstorms for earthquakes.

Mark Wilf was correct, however, there was too much to be done to sit around and talk politics. This ordeal could end up costing the Vikings, and their landlords the Metropolitan Sports Facility Commission, millions of dollars in revenue.

The Vikings vice president of sales and marketing Steve LaCroix said that they will “not begin to delve into the economic ramifications until we have taken care of the more pressing needs of our fans, our business partners and our football team.”

LaCroix’s employees were busy packaging up advertisements from the field, hoping to bring them with to Detroit.

Ramifications Of A Caved Roof Are Not Yet Known
(http://www.vikingsgab.com/2010/12/13/ramifications-of-a-caved-roof-are-not-yet-known/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+VikingsGab+%28Vikings+Gab%29)
And for sno.......

“There is no structural issue occurring [to the dome],” said Maki on Saturday night. “But we have a pretty heavy snow load up there and the way the wind was blowing it was getting really nasty for our crews so we pulled them down and we’re going to have them back up there [Sunday] morning to remove the snow.”

Doesn't seem to be anything structural that I can find anyplace.

NodakPaul
12-13-2010, 07:40 PM

However, what they fail to note is that there has never been a collapse of this magnitude. The only one that came close was the one in 82 before it opened, and that was nothing like this.

Marrdro
12-13-2010, 07:41 PM

However, what they fail to note is that there has never been a collapse of this magnitude. The only one that came close was the one in 82 before it opened, and that was nothing like this.
I was hoping you would chime in. How much actual structure is there to the roof?

i_bleed_purple
12-13-2010, 07:46 PM

one slightly concerning thing, was one of the Dome staff guys said in a PC, that this material can be fixed with an "iron on patch".......

Marrdro
12-13-2010, 07:50 PM

one slightly concerning thing, was one of the Dome staff guys said in a PC, that this material can be fixed with an "iron on patch".......
LOL, thats a big friggen iron my friend.

Someone, anyone, please, photchop a pic of Singer on the Dome with an iron.......:laugh:

Marrdro
12-13-2010, 07:55 PM
http://apps.startribune.com/blogs/user_images/randmid_1292266616_vikingscraigslist.jpg

It didn't take long for free Vikings tickets to become not-so-free on Craigslist
(http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/111798849.html)

i_bleed_purple
12-13-2010, 07:56 PM

I was hoping you would chime in. How much actual structure is there to the roof?
Obviously, I don't know for sure, but if you look at some of the pictures, where the panels meet, there appears to be some type of study beam. Whether this beam has any flex or give, I'm not sure. I'd imagine it would be able to withstand a deflation, given that stadiums like this are designed to deflate in that manner rather than collapse.

if you look at these pictures, you can see what I mean
http://media2.myfoxtwincities.com//photo/2010/12/12/HOLYdome121210_1_tmb0002_20101212121540_640_480.JPG
Here you can clearly see the definition of where the "beams" are. It appears they are flexing quite fine, and are designed to do this.

Also note there appears to be a massive rip near the right edge of the dome, something I haven't seen in any other shots or videos.

Here's another:
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2010/09000d5d81cd622a_gallery_600.jpg

jargomcfargo
12-13-2010, 07:58 PM

They've done the iron on thing several times before.I expect them to have this done fairly rapidly if it doesn't snow or blow.

One concern I have,and I don't know if anyone else noticed this, just before the first major rupture there were several areas with small showers of snow coming through. I suspect those will all have to be found and patched.
The two major panel failures may simply be replaced.

If all else fails I'll come up there with a roll of duct tape and gather up volunteers from the PP.O tailgate, just before the game!

Marrdro
12-13-2010, 08:01 PM

Obviously, I don't know for sure, but if you look at some of the pictures, where the panels meet, there appears to be some type of study beam. Whether this beam has any flex or give, I'm not sure. I'd imagine it would be able to withstand a deflation, given that stadiums like this are designed to deflate in that manner rather than collapse.

http://media2.myfoxtwincities.com//photo/2010/12/12/HOLYdome121210_1_tmb0002_20101212121540_640_480.JPG
Here you can clearly see the definition of where the "beams" are. It appears they are flexing quite fine, and are designed to do this.

Also note there appears to be a massive rip near the right edge of the dome, something I haven't seen in any other shots or videos.

Here's another:
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2010/09000d5d81cd622a_gallery_600.jpg
Good stuff my friend. But I don't think those are "beams" but rather cables. Only reason you can see them is that they are pulled tight and the fabric is sagging between them.

Before
http://mlb.mlb.com/images/2010/12/12/bubtTkWK.jpg
After
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/12/13/alg_collapse_metrodome.jpg

Zeus
12-13-2010, 08:03 PM
What a mess.

The two events are independent of each other.

=Z=

Zeus
12-13-2010, 08:05 PM
Meanwhile, next Monday Night’s game versus the Bears will be called into question next. The Metropolitan Sports Facility Commission sounds confident they can have the Metrodome ready in time for the game, but keep in mind that these are the same people that said Saturday night that there was no problem with the Metrodome and decided to postpone snow removal until Sunday morning.

Updating The Giant Mess
(http://www.vikingsgab.com/2010/12/13/updating-the-giant-mess/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+VikingsGab+%28Vikings+Gab%29)
I wonder who the chucklehead was who made that call......LOL

Not sure about the rest of you, however, the MSFC is the root of all evil in my book. Just another prime example of a entity outliving its reason for existance.

What call? The call to get human beings off of a roof when the wind gusts were over 30MPH and the wind chill was -20?

Amazing you would characterize the 100% correct decision from a standpoint of safety as something a "chucklehead" would make.

=Z=

i_bleed_purple
12-13-2010, 08:05 PM

Here's another:
Good stuff my friend. But I don't think those are "beams" but rather cables. Only reason you can see them is that they are pulled tight and the fabric is sagging between them.

Before
After

I don't think they're cables. I saw a picture before, but I can't seem to find it at the moment. It was a side-shit of the hole in the middle. You could see the 'beam' right at the edge of the rip, and although it wasn't the clearest, it seemed to have some type of structure to it. More than just a cable.

I'll keep looking though.

Zeus
12-13-2010, 08:09 PM

They've done the iron on thing several times before.I expect them to have this done fairly rapidly if it doesn't snow or blow.

One concern I have,and I don't know if anyone else noticed this, just before the first major rupture there were several areas with small showers of snow coming through. I suspect those will all have to be found and patched.

It appeared to me that those bits of snow were coming through the ventilation holes in each of the panels, Doc.

=Z=

Marrdro
12-13-2010, 08:11 PM

Here's another:

Before
After

I don't think they're cables. I saw a picture before, but I can't seem to find it at the moment. It was a side-shit of the hole in the middle. You could see the 'beam' right at the edge of the rip, and although it wasn't the clearest, it seemed to have some type of structure to it. More than just a cable.

I'm sure they are a bit bigger than a cable, but I don't remember seeing beams. Sure wish someone like Z, Singer or Nodack would jump in here.

I'm sure they can help us out.

i_bleed_purple
12-13-2010, 08:12 PM

Here's another:

Before
After

I'm sure they are a bit bigger than a cable, but I don't remember seeing beams. Sure wish someone like Z, Singer or Nodack would jump in here.

not sure how they'd help unless they have some source that actually knows.

i've been in the dome a bunch of times, and tried to look myself, and you can't really tell what is up there, there seems to be a few layers.

i_bleed_purple
12-13-2010, 08:13 PM
Here's a small picture
http://kstp.com/kstpImages/repository/2010-12/Metrodome_Roof_Deflatesnbsp_Vikings_Game_Moved_to_Detroit.jpg

Looking for a better one though. Also, not sure if that's the middle, or the edge.

Zeus
12-13-2010, 08:13 PM

Here's another:

Before
After

I sure don't recall that there's anything "solid" holding stuff. Whatever it is, it has to be flexible, since deflation is part of the design.

=Z=

Zeus
12-13-2010, 08:14 PM
Here's a small picture
http://kstp.com/kstpImages/repository/2010-12/Metrodome_Roof_Deflatesnbsp_Vikings_Game_Moved_to_Detroit.jpg

Looking for a better one though. Also, not sure if that's the middle, or the edge.

That's the side piece. The only panel (I believe) that needs to be completely replaced.

=Z=

Marrdro
12-13-2010, 08:17 PM

Here's another:

Before
After

I sure don't recall that there's anything "solid" holding stuff. Whatever it is, it has to be flexible, since deflation is part of the design.

=Z=
Thanks Z.

jargomcfargo
12-13-2010, 08:21 PM

It appeared to me that those bits of snow were coming through the ventilation holes in each of the panels, Doc.

=Z=

OK that makes more sense. That picture from inside at the time of rupture makes it appear as if there is extensive damage.
I still have confidence they can get it done on time for the Monday night game.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/12/metrodome-roof-collapses-during-snowstorm.html

"Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission chairman Roy Terwilliger said he's optimistic the roof can be repaired in time for the Vikings to host the Bears in their next scheduled home game on Dec. 20, giving workers eight days to replace three damaged panels and re-raise the Teflon roof."

JDogg926
12-13-2010, 11:55 PM
What a mess.

=Z=

I believe I suggested they may do something like this yesterday. You didn't agree with me because season ticket holders would be happy with a voucher or credit for a future game. Eat your crow! Eat it!

I'll eat mine too, considering I was wrong about them playing in Minnesota at TCF.

I just hope tonight's crowd is more Minnesota than New York. If I knew what time I was going to get out of work today, there wasn't a massive snowstorm on it's way, and I didn't have Directv, I may have made the 3 hour drive to support the team. Instead, I'll be keeping it loud it in the living room. Doesn't have quite the same effect, but it feels good dammit!

Plus, I still delusionally believe Green Bay will lose out, New York will finish 9-7, and Tampa Bay will finish 8-8, allowing us to sneak into the playoffs as the #6 seed.

GO VIKINGS!!!!!!

Purple Floyd
12-14-2010, 04:07 AM
More snow coming wed- thursday.

i_bleed_purple
12-14-2010, 04:08 AM
More snow coming wed- thursday.

that'll probably make dome repair a little harder.

marstc09
12-14-2010, 05:08 AM
What a mess.

=Z=

I believe I suggested they may do something like this yesterday. You didn't agree with me because season ticket holders would be happy with a voucher or credit for a future game. Eat your crow! Eat it!

I'll eat mine too, considering I was wrong about them playing in Minnesota at TCF.

First of all Zeus will never admit when he is wrong.

Also, TCF was an option but they could not get it ready in time. From what I hear it is the first option for this coming Monday if the dome is not ready.

Culpepper_4717
12-14-2010, 05:13 AM
What a mess.

=Z=

Also, TCF was an option but they could not get it ready in time. From what I hear it is the first option for this coming Monday if the dome is not ready.
I thought they voted against playing the game at TCF.

i_bleed_purple
12-14-2010, 05:16 AM
What a mess.

=Z=

I thought they voted against playing the game at TCF.

I haven't heard anything about that.

They were saying during the game,that if the Dome couldn't go, Fraizer wanted to play the game outdoors.

We'll probably know soon. Aparantly there's more snow in the forecast this week, so unless something happens soon, it might not happen for a while.

TCF really makes the most sense. It takes about 4 days to get it ready for a game, since they already winterized the stadium. Gotta get the water/electricity, etc. going, clear out all the snow, get that place somewhat heated inside, paint the field, etc. Taking away the rest of our home games would really hurt.

slavinator
12-14-2010, 06:03 AM
We really need to play at TCF.

IN the cold, at night, against a division rival, with the 50th anniversary celebration; that would be sooooo cool!

12purplepride28
12-14-2010, 07:18 AM
We really need to play at TCF.

IN the cold, at night, against a division rival, with the 50th anniversary celebration; that would be sooooo cool!

with our playoff hopes on the line..... oh wait

gregair13
12-14-2010, 07:38 AM
Last game in the metrodome was last week. No way it will not be fixed for monday

TNViking
12-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Any idea how the Vikings would handle the 14,000 seat shortage of seats at U of M. Obviously Season ticket holders would get in (how many is that?) but what about us single game ticket holders. 1st come basis maybe? Camping out a possibility?

TNViking
12-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Just found that a U of M economic impact study (3/2010) says there are 56,000 season ticket holders. If so, it seems we single game ticket holders would be screwed. Hope not.

i_bleed_purple
12-14-2010, 02:42 PM
Ticket holders will be screwed either way.

If they have to re-locate to another city for the game, most ticket holders won't make the trip. Unless its either Lambeau, or MAYBE KC or Chicago.

In Detroit, only 50K people showed up, and that's with handing out free tickets for a while.

in TCF, alot of people won't go because of the weather. IMO, they'd have to give priority to Season ticket holders who have been ticket holders the longest. Then anyone else, then single game holders.

There needs to be some type of system, as people will be unhappy regardless.

Prophet
12-14-2010, 02:43 PM
They should just plow out a field on Lake Minnetonka and call it good.

Zeus
12-14-2010, 03:54 PM
What a mess.

That discussion was about what to do with the 14,000 who would get screwed in a move to TCF Bank Stadium, not what would happen if the game itself was moved out-of-state and they needed to address the tickets for all ticketholders. No crow there, dude.

=Z=

slavinator
12-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Ticket holders will be screwed either way.

If they have to re-locate to another city for the game, most ticket holders won't make the trip. Unless its either Lambeau, or MAYBE KC or Chicago.

In Detroit, only 50K people showed up, and that's with handing out free tickets for a while.

in TCF, alot of people won't go because of the weather. IMO, they'd have to give priority to Season ticket holders who have been ticket holders the longest. Then anyone else, then single game holders.

There needs to be some type of system, as people will be unhappy regardless.

I agree with your point and only can offer this additionally. This could potentially be the last game in MN(if there is a lockout). They need to do it in Minnesota and not in Detroit or any other NFL City. The loss of 14k seats is better than losing the other 50k and revenues etc therein.

i_bleed_purple
12-14-2010, 05:55 PM
on a side note, I got an email from the Vikings advertising
"Snow Bowl" t-shirts.
http://www.vikingslockerroom.com/images/custom/eblast/121310_Vikings_SnowBowl_eblast_01.jpg
http://www.vikingslockerroom.com/images/custom/eblast/121310_Vikings_SnowBowl_eblast_02.jpg

WOnder how many people bought one and are regretting it now.

Zeus
12-14-2010, 05:58 PM
According to KFAN, the game will be played in Minnesota next week. Dome, first option, TCF second. However, the people at TCF said they had to know by today in order to get the stadium ready for Sunday.

Stay tuned.

=Z=

i_bleed_purple
12-14-2010, 06:02 PM
According to KFAN, the game will be played in Minnesota next week. Dome, first option, TCF second. However, the people at TCF said they had to know by today in order to get the stadium ready for Sunday.

Stay tuned.

=Z=

Sweet. I really hope its at TCF. As our last home game of the year, possibly ever if worst comes to worst, I think outside in the elements for our 50th anniversary celebration is only fitting.

maybe a little bit of snow.

Zeus
12-14-2010, 06:05 PM

Stay tuned.

Sweet. I really hope its at TCF. As our last home game of the year, possibly ever if worst comes to worst, I think outside in the elements for our 50th anniversary celebration is only fitting.

Those who aren't actually going to sitting there should really stay out of it. I don't find sitting in sub-zero temperatures for many hours all that desireable.

=Z=

i_bleed_purple
12-14-2010, 06:07 PM

Stay tuned.

Those who aren't actually going to sitting there should really stay out of it. I don't find sitting in sub-zero temperatures for many hours all that desireable.

=Z=

screw that, I'll be nice and comfy from my couch.

But if I were in Minny, I'd go. No doubt.

Mind you I never had to sit through a game at the old Met. But if they manage it 8 times a year in Lambeau, I'm sure you Nancy's can handle a game. Are those sconnies tougher than you?

Zeus
12-14-2010, 06:08 PM

Stay tuned.

screw that, I'll be nice and comfy from my couch.

But if I were in Minny, I'd go. No doubt.

Mind you I never had to sit through a game at the old Met. But if they manage it 8 times a year in Lambeau, I'm sure you Nancy's can handle a game. Are those sconnies tougher than you?

They don't manage sub-zero temps 8 times a year at Lambeau, dude.

And Sconnies aren't tougher - just stupider.

=Z=

i_bleed_purple
12-14-2010, 06:28 PM
University stadium appears to be front-runner to host Vikings (www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ce62f5/article/university-stadium-appears-to-be-frontrunner-to-host-vikings?module=HP_headlines)

From nfl.com
As Z said, they will tell us tonight whether the dome can be repaired in time or not.

Today is also the day the guys at TCF need to know to have the stadium ready for Monday. Aparantly they need 20-30 people to get it done in 5 days.

TNViking
12-14-2010, 06:30 PM
I'm from TN and, if there is any way possible, I'll be sitting in the TCF freezing my ass off. That's a dream come true for me. My 50th year, the Vikings 50th year and REAL Viking football. All we're missing is a decent team.

I sat through the sub-zero temps and Lake Erie winds watching the Vikings lose in overtime in Cleveland's old Municipal Stadium in '89 and loved the hell out of it. I wouldn't miss this for the world.

I just hope my single game ticket can get me in. If most Minnesotans stay home that's good for me.

dfosterf
12-14-2010, 07:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6wXIYpu6NA

i_bleed_purple
12-14-2010, 09:40 PM
From KFAN.com

The #Metrodome will not be ready for Mon night. #Vikings continue to work with U of M on possibility of holding game at TCF Bank Stadium.

marstc09
12-14-2010, 11:05 PM

=Z=

bump

TNViking
12-15-2010, 12:02 AM
I just hope they let us know who gets in and who doesn't so we people wanting to come from out of town can keep/cancel our plans. I'm not rich enough to blow several hundred dollars to watch the game in some bar in MN.

NodakPaul
12-15-2010, 12:12 AM
I just hope they let us know who gets in and who doesn't so we people wanting to come from out of town can keep/cancel our plans. I'm not rich enough to blow several hundred dollars to watch the game in some bar in MN.

If they have to go to TCF, my assumption is it will be handled the same way as the move to Detroit. All original ticket holders will get their money refunded, and tickets to TCF will go onsale a a specified time. If you bought your ticket through a reseller, now might be a good time to contact them and clarify any refund policies in the event of a venue change.

Zeus
12-15-2010, 04:35 AM

If they have to go to TCF, my assumption is it will be handled the same way as the move to Detroit. All original ticket holders will get their money refunded, and tickets to TCF will go onsale a a specified time. If you bought your ticket through a reseller, now might be a good time to contact them and clarify any refund policies in the event of a venue change.

Dear God, I hope not. That would be an incredible slap in the face of the season-ticket base.

On the news, they said the U has plans to bring in temporary bleachers for the open end of the stadium. My guess is that they'll boost the capacity to handle the season-ticket base and give them the tickets.

=Z=

i_bleed_purple
12-15-2010, 04:42 AM

Dear God, I hope not. That would be an incredible slap in the face of the season-ticket base.

On the news, they said the U has plans to bring in temporary bleachers for the open end of the stadium. My guess is that they'll boost the capacity to handle the season-ticket base and give them the tickets.

=Z=

I didn't know they could do that in such a short time period, but if they can that would make the most sense.

Those will be some mighty cold seats though.

Zeus
12-15-2010, 04:52 AM

I didn't know they could do that in such a short time period, but if they can that would make the most sense.

Bring a seat cushion.

=Z=

i_bleed_purple
12-15-2010, 05:01 AM

Bring a seat cushion.

=Z=

Fly me down and back for Tuesday at 9am and I'll bring both of us seat cushions.

Zeus
12-15-2010, 05:05 AM

Bring a seat cushion.

Fly me down and back for Tuesday at 9am and I'll bring both of us seat cushions.

I already have one, thanks.

=Z=

i_bleed_purple
12-15-2010, 05:06 AM

Bring a seat cushion.

I already have one, thanks.

=Z=
not anymore you don't.

i_bleed_purple
12-15-2010, 05:22 AM
Fun fact of the night:

Monday night's game will fall 29 years to the day from the last time the Vikings played outdoors in Minnesota: Dec. 20, 1981

Bill
12-16-2010, 02:15 AM
MINNEAPOLIS -- Crews weren't kidding when they determined the Metrodome roof wouldn't be repaired in time for the Vikings to host the Giants next Monday night.

A fourth panel failed Wednesday night, sending more snow and ice crashing to the Dome's floor. No one was injured, all workers have been pulled off the floor and repairs have been called off for the rest of the evening.

Investigators will be taking a look at the remaining panels to determine if they are stable.

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=893675

keystonevike
12-16-2010, 05:31 AM
It has been that kind of season...What the hell else can happen?

ndnorseman
12-16-2010, 05:49 AM
It has been that kind of season...What the hell else can happen?

No offense to you, personally, keystonevike, but.....

CAN A MODERATOR PLEASE STRIKE THIS QUESTION FROM THE BOARD???

(I'm very superstitious.) LOL

gregair13
12-16-2010, 06:41 PM
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/metrodomecollapseksk.gif

PAViking
12-18-2010, 12:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WerpY3TCeDA
:ohmy: Darn Packers :angry:

i_bleed_purple
12-19-2010, 09:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WerpY3TCeDA
:ohmy: Darn Packers :angry:

now THAT is fantasy football.