PDA

View Full Version : Fired

Purple Floyd
11-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Jay Glazer just reported that Childress has been fired.
:woohoo:

marstc09
11-22-2010, 12:16 PM
I would have went with a different title for this thread.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2010/11/22/brad-childress-fired-as-vikings-head-coach/

Webby
11-22-2010, 12:16 PM
We outscooped Glazer on that. PPO on Twitter!!

Purple Floyd
11-22-2010, 12:17 PM
http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

Vikings have fired Brad Childress and named Leslie Frazier interim coach.
less than 5 seconds ago via web

Purple Floyd
11-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Webby wrote:

We outscooped Glazer on that. PPO on Twitter!!

I have had my finger on that button for 5 years. All I had to do is hit send :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Purple Floyd
11-22-2010, 12:21 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5838652

The Minnesota Vikings have relieved Brad Childress of his coaching duties and promoted defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier to interim coach for the rest of the season, the team said.

Well ,there is nowhere to go but up now.

Thank you Ziggy for finally seeing the light and putting an end to this failed experiment.

Now, please hire a top notch GM and let them build a great team around the talent you have brought here.

michaelmazid
11-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Just saw the news on the vikings facebook page.

THANK YOU JESUS!!!

now can we please for the love of god go after Gruden, Cowher or billick

Purple Floyd
11-22-2010, 12:22 PM
Jargo and Caine. I know you are out there- Give me a "Hell Yeah"

Purple Floyd
11-22-2010, 12:24 PM
C-Ya http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/nfl_u_childress01_576.jpg

Marrdro
11-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Its a sad day when a HC is fired in the middle of a season. Sad day indeed and is indicative of more than just a HCing issue my friends.

On that note, buck up and stand by for heavy seas cause ole Leslie aint gonna make it any better.

Unless of course he shitcans the Noodle as his first act.

Infidel
11-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Now Favre can drive Chilly to the airport.

It will be interesting now......because all the real SHIT on Childress is going to come out.

I relish this, even though it came way too late.

Turboe
11-22-2010, 12:27 PM
about 5 weeks too late unfortunately...

delviking
11-22-2010, 12:28 PM
Hear hear now lets hope frazier has the ball to bench favre.

lets just hope he has the same influence as garret over in Dallas has seem to had.

marstc09
11-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Marrdro wrote:

Its a sad day when a HC is fired in the middle of a season. Sad day indeed and is indicative of more than just a HCing issue my friends.

On that note, buck up and stand by for heavy seas cause ole Leslie aint gonna make it any better.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ahhhhhh

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That is what they said in Dallas too. How did that work out?

Let me help you, 2-0!

Happy day indeed!

Turboe
11-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Infidel wrote:

Now thats funny right there!

Marrdro
11-22-2010, 12:30 PM
Infidel wrote:

It will be interesting now......because all the real SHIT on Childress is going to come out.

What are you gonna spew if the players all say good things about him and that he was fired cause they played like crap?

I suppose something along the lines of "They are toeing the party line".

marstc09
Infidel wrote:

A lot of crow is going to be eaten by a certain cat I believe.

pro1ml
It's too bad we had to lose Moss just a mere two weeks prior to this because of this moron. That is just depressing.

ManBearPig
11-22-2010, 12:31 PM
*Now the Vikes will run the table and get in the playoffs!

(*denotes sarcasm)

BloodyHorns82
11-22-2010, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the memories Chilly.

Infidel
11-22-2010, 12:33 PM
Before the euphoria gets out of control.....

Keep in mind.....we still have to play some superb football teams, including a few that we have no chance to beat.

Next.....Childress has poisoned this team by fostering the creation of opposing factions.

That will not change quickly.....there have been some emotional clashes and some significant forgiving and forgetting is essential before this team can function as a TEAM!!

But now, at least, the healing can start.

Marrdro
11-22-2010, 12:33 PM
marstc09 wrote:

Infidel wrote:

A lot of crow is going to be eaten by a certain cat I believe.
And who might that be?

marstc09
11-22-2010, 12:34 PM
Marrdro wrote:

Infidel wrote:

What are you gonna spew if the players all say good things about him and that he was fired cause they played like crap?

I suppose something along the lines of "They are toeing the party line".

Favre already called him out before the Packers game.

purplehelmut
11-22-2010, 12:34 PM
Not a panacea by any means, but a step in the right direction. Bench Favre and let's get the ship straightened up. A strong finish is vital.

El Vikingo
11-22-2010, 12:35 PM
See you in Mc Donalds, guru.

Marrdro
11-22-2010, 12:36 PM
Infidel wrote:

Keep in mind.....we still have to play some superb football teams, including a few that we have no chance to beat.

Next.....Childress has poisoned this team by fostering the creation of opposing factions.

That will not change quickly.....there have been some emotional clashes and some significant forgiving and forgetting is essential before this team can function as a TEAM!!

Are you a lawyer?

We have the weakest part of our schedule coming up. I suppose your gonna keep blaming him even after he is gone.

Absolutely asinine to believe this is a good thing for this club when nothing can be further from the truth.

Could we get a spark like the Cowgirls did? Sure, but then it only means that we have a bunch of quiters on this team.

For me, I blame this all on the Noodle. His ass ruined this team. Nothing will ever change my mind on that.

Webby
11-22-2010, 12:37 PM
We'll be talking about this tonight at Woodbury Acapulco at the Game On! TV show taping...got lots of PPO people interviewed for the show yesterday, but will be doing more tonight.

Stop by, 7 PM start! We're going all out on this one.

www.gameontvmn.com

marstc09
11-22-2010, 12:38 PM
El Vikingo wrote:

See you in Mc Donalds, guru.

Not McDonalds, Burger King!

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd72/marstc09/Childress.jpg

Infidel
11-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Ding dong the witch is dead!!

Eat crow, Mardro!

Hah!

Infidel
11-22-2010, 12:40 PM
For me, I blame this all on the Noodle. His ass ruined this team. Nothing will ever change my mind on that.

We are not responsible for the problems with your mind, my friend.

Also, it's really hard to understand what you're saying.

Could you chew the crow up better before you talk?

:D

marstc09
11-22-2010, 12:40 PM
Marrdro wrote:

Infidel wrote:

Are you a lawyer?

We have the weakest part of our schedule coming up. I suppose your gonna keep blaming him even after he is gone.

Absolutely asinine to believe this is a good thing for this club when nothing can be further from the truth.

Could we get a spark like the Cowgirls did? Sure, but then it only means that we have a bunch of quiters on this team.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Childress ruined this team not Favre. He sent the goons down there to get Favre! After hearing Favre in his presser, I am 100% convinced he was done.

This is the best thing to happen to the Vikings since Favre came aboard.

Vikes
11-22-2010, 12:42 PM
13th man on the field is when you knew Chilly was no good!

Ziggy you even have a chance to fire him with cause, in dealing with the Randy Moss release.

Thank you Ziggy for waking up, now just bench Favre and let's see what we got really under the hood!

:P

petev_sj
11-22-2010, 12:42 PM
I think the team is the same with Childress in charge or Frazier.

Favre needs to be benched. Zygi needs to step down as the head of the group. Zygi hired then extended Childress' contract. Rick Speilman also needs to be let go. His idea of drafting for atheles and trying to turn them into NFL players didn't work. TJ is a joke, Asher Allen is a joke, etc...Look at the Packers, Steelers, and Patriots program. They don't draft for big name atheletes, they draft for system guys that they know will work. Year after year those programs are always successful.

**Sigh** We Vikings fan are in for another 4-5 year rebuilding program.

tastywaves
11-22-2010, 12:48 PM
marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Infidel wrote:

Are you a lawyer?

Childress ruined this team not Favre. He set the goons down there to get Favre! After hearing Favre in his presser, I am 100% convinced he was done.

As much as I hate to admit it, I'm starting to agree with Marrdro on this one. Favre (or better put the Favre situation) appears to have brought as much demise on this season as anything else.

Childress never was a great coach, but he didn't drop off in his skills enough from last year to this one to make the dramatic difference that we have seen. Favre on the other hand has been less than spectacular.

I do think its time for Childress to go, but I didn't want to see him go mid-season. I'm afraid it will lead to a number of other bad decisions.

Vikefanman2000
11-22-2010, 12:49 PM
I am always in a $hitty mood for a week following a Vikings loss..... Funny....but I actually feel pretty good today! Looking forward to a new future!

TSVikesfan
11-22-2010, 12:49 PM
I am so giddy my office mates are wondering how big a raise I got! This is good news, no matter how you slice it. Ultimate answer or first step, it simply had to happen.

El Vikingo
11-22-2010, 12:51 PM
michaelmazid wrote:

+1

SharperImage
11-22-2010, 12:52 PM
YAY!!! no more dumbass WCO next year

YAY!!!

YAY!!! Go leslie!!! Frazier will be a good head coach

Brewtal
11-22-2010, 12:57 PM
BloodyHorns82 wrote:

Thanks for the memories Chilly.

Fuck yourself Chilly. And invest your millions into Enron.

Ozzie
11-22-2010, 12:58 PM
Tony Dungy for GM!!!! Down with the triangle!!!

MaxVike
11-22-2010, 01:01 PM
Wilf had no choice but to do this.

I have been a Chilly supporter for the most part...until this year. Whereas I applaud a man for being candid, I am stunned that the Head Coach of an NFL Team actually admitted that it "took until May to get over the NFC Championship loss." I should have known then that we were doomed.

Then, tens of thousands of fans, paying fans, are chanting, "fire Childress," in a home without a lease...time to take action.

Then, to hear Aikman point out on National TV that he was "surprised to find out that Childress and Favre don't really talk. They say 'hi' when they pass each other in the hallway, but, that's about it. Favre has his press conference, Childress has his, and, they go about their business." You have got to be f-ing kidding me. I'm certain this is why Moss went to Wilf and said Childress needs to be fired..............he was right!!!

I'm not sure what good will come of this, we shall see. I see the Team going 4-12 and picking either 4 or 5 in the 2011 draft. Hopefully, Wilf doesn't complete himself by moving to LA.

Zeus
11-22-2010, 01:02 PM
marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Let me help you, 2-0!

Happy day indeed!

And that's relevant how, exactly?

=Z=

mnjamie
11-22-2010, 01:10 PM
Finally.

Big Matt
11-22-2010, 01:16 PM
michaelmazid wrote:

Just saw the news on the vikings facebook page.

THANK YOU JESUS!!!

Please, not Gruden!!

countrygirl
11-22-2010, 01:18 PM
Marrdro wrote:
[quote]Its a sad day when a HC is fired in the middle of a season. Sad day indeed and is indicative of more than just a HCing issue my friends.

Good! He can put TJack in and the world can see how bad he sucks and then we can be rid of them all. Oh happy day :)

12purplepride28
11-22-2010, 01:20 PM
Zeus wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Let me help you, 2-0!

Happy day indeed!

=Z=

It's relevant because Dallas fired their coach midseason and it worked out great. It's called learning from others success and applying it to our team. And no way was it a sad day for them either.

idahovikefan7
11-22-2010, 01:21 PM
Well we will see what frazier can do. After seeing our defensive melt down these last few games, idk how I feel as him as the HC. Guess we will find out...

Just glad bald a** is gone

Marrdro
11-22-2010, 01:23 PM
marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Infidel wrote:

Are you a lawyer?

Childress ruined this team not Favre. He sent the goons down there to get Favre! After hearing Favre in his presser, I am 100% convinced he was done.

Look I had my issues with the Chiller and will be happy to see someone else take over right along with the rest of you, but to sit here and think our team got better today is crazy talk.

And then to say that the Noodle is gonna keep on helping even makes it crazier.

In short, the Chiller got an extension last year cause he won with the Noodle and he got shitcanned this year cause he can't win with the Noodle.

Leslie isn't gonna fix that latter problem. We will still continue to suck on the DL and our QB will still be like a statue back there, that can't hit wide open recievers by the way.

Zeus
11-22-2010, 01:23 PM
12purplepride28 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Let me help you, 2-0!

Happy day indeed!

It's relevant because Dallas fired their coach midseason and it worked out great. It's called learning from others success and applying it to our team. And no way was it a sad day for them either.

Do the Vikings have the same players or schemes as Dallas? Does Frazier have the same force of personality as Jason Garrett? Will he be giving the latitude that Garrett has been given in Dallas to show the players that he's in charge and if they don't like it, they're gone?

Again - there's no correlation between the two. None at all.

=Z=

Marrdro
11-22-2010, 01:25 PM
12purplepride28 wrote:

Two wins does not equate to work out great.

Again, we might get a spark and win a couple, but in the end what does that really mean?

A few players are worried about thier job and are not putting out. I don't know about you, but I don't want players on my team doing that kindof thing.

(Even though I still don't think the players quit).

12purplepride28
11-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Marrdro wrote:

12purplepride28 wrote:

Again, we might get a spark and win a couple, but in the end what does that really mean?

A few players are worried about thier job and are not putting out. I don't know about you, but I don't want players on my team doing that kindof thing.

Considering two games are all they've played I'd say its as good as they could have possibly done by now. And against a division rival like the Giants no less.

Zeus
12purplepride28 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

12purplepride28 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Sad day my ass. I guarantee there are no players feeling sad about this. Except Retardius Jackson because he won't be around next year.

First - making fun of someone's name is ignorant.

Second - making fun of people with development disabilities is cruel.

Third - Tarvaris Jackson isn't under contract beyond 2010, so he probably wouldn't have been back under any circumstance.

Please tell me your joking. Considering I've seen tavaris called Tjoke thousands of time on here and lots of other derogatory nicknames for people. I'm not making fun of people with disabilities. And if that is then so are the hundreds of other members that say our coach is retarded, our qb is retarded, etc.

Because hundreds do it, that doesn't make it right.

I've never called him TJoke.

And I don't make fun of those with disabilities in an effort to be funny.

=Z=

Sajid28
only lord knows how long ive been waiting for this day. however, i dont see chilly getting a new GM, rather I see Rick Spielman + Zygi choosing the coach. I think that if Frazier is our HC for 2011-2012 its mostly due to the contract extension that was given to Childress last year. I think for Frazier to stay obviously largley depends on how the team performs for the remaining 6 games.

I'm sorry to say this, I love the Vikings and Ill always watch them no matter how they perform. But its clear as day that we arent going to the post season this year. We will be rid of the two biggest cancers in our team next season (Favre + Chilly), if I was the Vikings, I would want to tank the rest of the season, and try and get the best draft pick possible to solidify the QB position for the next 15 years.

Marrdro
11-22-2010, 01:28 PM
countrygirl wrote:

Marrdro wrote:
[quote]Its a sad day when a HC is fired in the middle of a season. Sad day indeed and is indicative of more than just a HCing issue my friends.

Good! He can put TJack in and the world can see how bad he sucks and then we can be rid of them all. Oh happy day :)
You know what I think.....

I think, if we see TJ on the field this weekend, it will be a small miracle.

I think the Chiller told the owner he wanted to bench the Noodle for TJ and the owner said....."Over my dead body". "Those yutz fans will string us up if we put TJ out there"....."The Noodle is the only draw those yutz fans want to see regardless of how crappy he is playing".......

The Chiller said, "I am going with TJ so you'll have to fire me."

Wilf said..."your fired"....."Leslie, play the Noodle, keep the yutz fans happy".

ejmat
11-22-2010, 01:29 PM
nananana nananana hey hey hey good bye.

I supported him till this year because of the evident drop in skills and handling situations. Decisions to play conservative during 3 half time situations, 4th and 1 no spread offenses, losing control of the team. SOme of you will say you knew before and that's fine. However, last year he did very well to the point where even the Chilly haters were agreeing in some aspects. This year has been a total demise as far as I'm concerned and the straw that broke the camel's back was how he dealt with the Moss situation.

It's just too bad it happened now when they could have kept Moss.

Marrdro
11-22-2010, 01:30 PM
12purplepride28 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

12purplepride28 wrote:

Considering two games are all they've played I'd say its as good as they could have possibly done by now. And against a division rival like the Giants no less.
The Giants have thier issues and can be beat, and they (the Cowgirls) struggled against the Lions for goodness sake this weekend.

Marrdro
11-22-2010, 01:31 PM
ejmat wrote:

One of the only things the Chiller did do right this year was to shitcan that guy.

Look, its already happening over in Titansville...... :laugh:

Infidel
11-22-2010, 01:32 PM
12purplepride28 said:

I'm not making fun of people with disabilities. And if that is then so are the hundreds of other members that say our coach is retarded, our qb is retarded, etc.

Yes, you are making fun of mentally handicapped people by using the word "Retard."

Such behavior is only seen in the most stupid and cowardly of bullies.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Zeus
11-22-2010, 01:33 PM
ejmat wrote:

C'mon, EJ - that's silly. Moss had to go, no matter who was in charge.

=Z=

Brewtal
11-22-2010, 01:36 PM
Looks like Childress saw this coming and started a new job last week.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Five-time-Pro-Bowler-has-name-misspelled-on-back?urn=nfl-287829

jrjohn
11-22-2010, 01:38 PM
Infidel wrote:

OMG the excuses have started already, Chilly's not even on the plane yet! You've taken your BS to a whole new level

kjdaddy
11-22-2010, 01:38 PM
Brewtal wrote:

Looks like Childress saw this coming and started a new job last week.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Five-time-Pro-Bowler-has-name-misspelled-on-back?urn=nfl-287829

Embarrassing...sadly just like our team.

Infidel
11-22-2010, 01:39 PM
Zeus wrote:

ejmat wrote:

=Z=

Moss's behavior may have become terminally obnoxious.....but Childress disrespected him and provoked him.

The better decision at that point would have been to save Moss and fire Childress instead.

I know it's speculation, but I see us doing a lot better from that point on.

And where are we now?

I'd rather see both Moss and Rice out there because it would give the defenses so much to cover with two guys who can catch and jump for the ball.

ejmat
11-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Zeus wrote:

ejmat wrote:

=Z=

LOL. Z I excpected a harsher comment from you here :P

Here's what I think. I think Moss was not innocent in that entire debacle. Yes there may have been good cause to let him go. But the way Chilly handled the entire situation was terrible. In fact, I truly believe Moss did what he did to rile Chilly up. Heresay of course. However, it was evident in the game against the Jets that Moss didn't understand Chilly's thought process when he played conservative towards the end of the first half.

I think he gave reason to go but I don't agree in that he "had to go". That is where the HC comes in to find out what's going on and try to work things out. That never happened. I think Randy wanted to here. But I also think after just two games he didn't want to be here with Chilly in charge.

Regardless of his stats Randy did a lot for the team. He took a double team every play. He opened up the middle of the field. He was mentoring Harvin. He even tried to give hints on how to bea tthe Patriots. Yes he screwed up with his mouth. But in no way did it make sense to waive him when they did. They lose out on money, a 3rd round pick, a compensatory pick if he became a free agent at the end of the season and most of all, pissed off a large majority of the fan base.

Sajid28
11-22-2010, 01:46 PM
Zeus wrote:

12purplepride28 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Sad day my ass. I guarantee there are no players feeling sad about this. Except Retardius Jackson because he won't be around next year.

First - making fun of someone's name is ignorant.

Second - making fun of people with development disabilities is cruel.

Third - Tarvaris Jackson isn't under contract beyond 2010, so he probably wouldn't have been back under any circumstance.

=Z=

Zeus I agree with you it is ignorant to make fun of someones name and it is cruel to make fun of peoples disabilities. but no lie, you gotta give him credit for being fukin creative in getting that name. seeing it made me chuckle a few times. Lol!

Marrdro
11-22-2010, 01:47 PM
Infidel wrote:

Zeus wrote:

ejmat wrote:

=Z=

Moss's behavior may have become terminally obnoxious.....but Childress disrespected him and provoked him.

The better decision at that point would have been to save Moss and fire Childress instead.

And where are we now?

I'd rather see both Moss and Rice out there because it would give the defenses so much to cover with two guys who can catch and jump for the ball.
Childress disrespected and provoked him.

What rabbit whole did you pull that from.

In case you weren't paying attention, they used Moss as a decoy. It pissed him off. Watch what happens in Titansville as they continue to use him as a decoy.

Disrepsected and provoked. LOL.

Marrdro
11-22-2010, 01:49 PM
ejmat wrote:

Regardless of his stats Randy did a lot for the team.
In case your wondering, AD's yard per carry went down with Moss on the team and the Noodles yard per catch went down as well.

Not sure how you contend he made us better.

Zeus
11-22-2010, 01:50 PM
ejmat wrote:

Zeus wrote:

ejmat wrote:

LOL. Z I excpected a harsher comment from you here :P

Here's what I think. I think Moss was not innocent in that entire debacle. Yes there may have been good cause to let him go. But the way Chilly handled the entire situation was terrible. In fact, I truly believe Moss did what he did to rile Chilly up. Heresay of course. However, it was evident in the game against the Jets that Moss didn't understand Chilly's thought process when he played conservative towards the end of the first half.

I think he gave reason to go but I don't agree in that he "had to go". That is where the HC comes in to find out what's going on and try to work things out. That never happened. I think Randy wanted to here. But I also think after just two games he didn't want to be here with Chilly in charge.

Regardless of his stats Randy did a lot for the team. He took a double team every play. He opened up the middle of the field. He was mentoring Harvin. He even tried to give hints on how to bea tthe Patriots. Yes he screwed up with his mouth. But in no way did it make sense to waive him when they did. They lose out on money, a 3rd round pick, a compensatory pick if he became a free agent at the end of the season and most of all, pissed off a large majority of the fan base.

The only person who's said anything about Moss "giv(ing) hints on how to beat the Patriots" was Randy.

Numerous sources have said his influence on Harvin was a negative one.

Everything that has come out since the initial firestorm passed has been about Randy being a lousy teammate, about him not practicing hard, about him loafing on the field, being insulting to support staff and shooting his mouth off to the press and the owner.

He had to go. Drawing double-teams is not a good enough reason to ignore the outright insubordination and unprofessional behavior.

=Z=

12purplepride28
11-22-2010, 01:52 PM
Marrdro wrote:

12purplepride28 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

12purplepride28 wrote:

The Giants have thier issues and can be beat, and they (the Cowgirls) struggled against the Lions for goodness sake this weekend.

Everyone can be beat. Say what you want about their opponents but the fact is they had 1 win and like 6 losses then after they fired their head coach they have won two straight.

BleedinPandG
11-22-2010, 01:52 PM
Marrdro wrote:

Infidel wrote:

Zeus wrote:

ejmat wrote:

=Z=

And where are we now?

Childress disrespected and provoked him.

What rabbit whole did you pull that from.

In case you weren't paying attention, they used Moss as a decoy. It pissed him off. Watch what happens in Titansville as they continue to use him as a decoy.

Disrepsected and provoked. LOL.

Moss is a professional football player... he's paid to play a position on the field... that position is defined by the team, not by him. The team will use him as they best see fit... just like all of us, we don't always get the role we want, but the organization has plans greater than all of us. Most of us are mature enough to handle this with dignity and grace... those who aren't are fired like Moss was.

Fact is only 1 team put in a waiver for Moss... that doesn't say something to you? If he's not careful, he's going to be run off 3 different teams in the same year. That doesn't indicate to me a problem with the coach.

I'm not sad to see Chilly go... but some of the nonsense spewed here is just ridiculous. Hopefully the next coach can figure out how to get the most out of every player, regardless of personality, and be the face the franchise needs to get a new stadium... those are the two reasons I didn't want Chilly here.

Zeus
11-22-2010, 01:54 PM
12purplepride28 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

12purplepride28 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

12purplepride28 wrote:

Everyone can be beat. Say what you want about their opponents but the fact is they had 1 win and like 6 losses then after they fired their head coach they have won two straight.

And they have different players and different schemes.

Again - how is it relevant?

=Z=

swardsooner
11-22-2010, 01:55 PM
Perhaps...maybe...by chance, Frazier will discover a running back that goes by the initials AD.

Marrdro
11-22-2010, 01:59 PM
12purplepride28 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

12purplepride28 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

12purplepride28 wrote:

Again, they got a spark but it still didn't solve thier biggest problem, they have a bunch of talented players that couldn't consistently win, especially late in the year.

Our problem is a bit different IMHO. We have a talent team that couldn't win this year, moslty because of DL and QB play.

Firing the Chiller will not fix the DL cause Leslie will now have to focus on both sides of the ball and our QB isn't gonna some how become mobile again or start to hit wide open recievers.

12purplepride28
11-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Infidel wrote:

12purplepride28 said:

I'm not making fun of people with disabilities. And if that is then so are the hundreds of other members that say our coach is retarded, our qb is retarded, etc.

Yes, you are making fun of mentally handicapped people by using the word "Retard."

First of all, Jesus Christ.

Secondly, I have lots of experience with mentally handicapped and brain injury patients so in no way do I try to make fun of them. All I'm saying is that plenty of people on here have said someone is retarded and no one mentioned it at all.

And holy fucking shit. Are you saying the only people that say the word retard are stupid and cowardly bullies? That must make almost every fucking person in the world a "stupid and cowardly bully" because you hear that word every day (inappropriate as it may be). Look, i'm not here to debate if my saying the word Retardius was inappropriate or not. Thats something that you guys are making a huge deal and I guess I apologize if you got your panties in a bunch about it.

The only thing that I feel ashamed about is that I took time to write a post in reply to one of your nonsensical posts. Hope I didn't waste too much of your bandwidth

Zeus
11-22-2010, 02:03 PM
12purplepride28 wrote:

Infidel wrote:

12purplepride28 said:

Secondly, I have lots of experience with mentally handicapped and brain injury patients so in no way do I try to make fun of them. All I'm saying is that plenty of people on here have said someone is retarded and no one mentioned it at all.

And holy fucking shit. Are you saying the only people that say the word retard are stupid and cowardly bullies? That must make almost every fucking person in the world a "stupid and cowardly bully" because you hear that word every day (inappropriate as it may be). Look, i'm not here to debate if my saying the word Retardius was inappropriate or not. Thats something that you guys are making a huge deal and I guess I apologize if you got your panties in a bunch about it.

The only thing that I feel ashamed about is that I took time to write a post in reply to one of your nonsensical posts. Hope I didn't waste too much of your bandwidth

How sad.

=Z=

kjdaddy
11-22-2010, 02:07 PM
The genius of the Moss saga is that it also cost us a pick.

purpledoom
11-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Glad to see Chiller gone. However remember that the D has struggled this year. Also I have to say I have seen camera cuts to Frazier on the sidelines where he positively looked bored. That said I hope things go better for him than they have so far.

Caine
11-22-2010, 02:12 PM
Marrdro wrote:

ejmat wrote:

One of the only things the Chiller did do right this year was to shitcan that guy.

My goodness...your desperate stretching and made up allegations know no bounds today, do they.

"but Fisher, without mentioning Young, said Moss was open several times in the first half and that any lack of production was not Moss' fault."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c4a95b/article/injured-qb-young-out-as-titans-starter-coach-says?module=HP_headlines

Vince Young melted down...Moss didn't do anything wrong...not even yell at the caterer.

Caine

Marrdro
11-22-2010, 02:13 PM
purpledoom wrote:

Glad to see Chiller gone. However remember that the D has struggled this year. Also I have to say I have seen camera cuts to Frazier on the sidelines where he positively looked bored. That said I hope things go better for him than they have so far.
Someone has a clue today other than a select few of us.

Again, if the Chiller had to go, why not atleast get someone in that is better than him.

Leslie does not fit that need IMHO.

Lets hope this is a sign that they are going to atleast get a GM in and let him make that decision.

My vote, Rob Ryan as HC, the Tuna as GM.

Zeus
11-22-2010, 02:13 PM
kjdaddy wrote:

Which I, honestly, don't think was Childress' original decision.

=Z=

Caine
11-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Zeus wrote:

12purplepride28 wrote:

Infidel wrote:

12purplepride28 said:

How sad.

=Z=

You're all retarded...

get over it.

And if anyone takes offense to the use of a word clearly defined in the Dictionary...bite me.

Caine

Marrdro
11-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Zeus wrote:

kjdaddy wrote:

Which I, honestly, don't think was Childress' original decision.

=Z=
I think they were gonna try to fix the WR issue by using a pick, atleast they were trying to do that in the V. Jackson effort.

Was the Chiller resonsible for what was given? I agree, with you, that falls to Spielman, but he had a say in that he needed WR help.

Again, they went alot of routes before going down the Moss route. Wouldn't be to hard to convince me that maybe the Chiller was a bit hesitant with that selection.

Zeus
11-22-2010, 02:18 PM
Caine wrote:

You're all retarded...

get over it.

And if anyone takes offense to the use of a word clearly defined in the Dictionary...bite me.

Caine

You're a cock-gobbler.

That's in the Urban Dictionary, BTW.

=Z=

Marrdro
Caine wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

ejmat wrote:

My goodness...your desperate stretching and made up allegations know no bounds today, do they.

"but Fisher, without mentioning Young, said Moss was open several times in the first half and that any lack of production was not Moss' fault."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c4a95b/article/injured-qb-young-out-as-titans-starter-coach-says?module=HP_headlines

Vince Young melted down...Moss didn't do anything wrong...not even yell at the caterer.

Caine

Moss hasn't done anything wrong yet. He pisses and moans when he doesn't get the ball when he is covered. Imagine what its gonna get like if he keeps getting open and they don't get him the ball....

By the way, I find it hard to believe that he was open that much as I watched a good portion of the game and saw what they were doing with him.

Freakout
Randy Moss has done more for us than any other player the past 4 years. He got Chilly fired! He brought all the shit that the team was dealing with in concern to Chilly to the front.

Thank God that the inept robot of a coach is gone.

12purplepride28
11-22-2010, 02:19 PM
Zeus wrote:

12purplepride28 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

12purplepride28 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

12purplepride28 wrote:

And they have different players and different schemes.

Again - how is it relevant?

=Z=

BECAUSE THEY DID THE SAME THING WE DID.

Lets pretend there's a team that never runs the play action. Then some moron on their message board says "wow look at the other teams running play action, look at how awesome it is and how it works so well to help the run set up the pass, we should try that" Then some other moron says "we have different players and different schemes, what works for them won't necessarily work for us"

Does that sound smart? We had a horrible coach, fired him, and are now using an interim head coach. The only other team to do that this year has had as much success as they possibly could up to this point in the season, that is, an undefeated record with their interim HC.

I'm not saying Leslie will be amazing, or even that we will win four more games this season. All I'm saying is that looking at the only other example of that in the league, it seems to have worked well to this point for them. So there's a chance it will work well for us. Much better chance than Childress winning us another game.

Marrdro
11-22-2010, 02:20 PM
Freakout wrote:

Randy Moss has done more for us than any other player the past 4 years. He got Chilly fired! He brought all the shit that the team was dealing with in concern to Chilly to the front.

I don't think PatsRandy got the Chiller fired. I think the Noodle got the Chiller fired.

Zeus
11-22-2010, 02:21 PM
Freakout wrote:

Moss didn't get Childress fired.

Aaron Rodgers did.

=Z=

Marrdro
11-22-2010, 02:22 PM
12purplepride28 wrote:

The only other team to do that this year has had as much success as they possibly could up to this point in the season, that is, an undefeated record with their interim HC.

Save me some time on the research. Go ahead and tell me how many times has a team improved after firing thier HC in the middle of the season?

Freakout
11-22-2010, 02:23 PM
Marrdro wrote:

Freakout wrote:

I don't think PatsRandy got the Chiller fired. I think the Noodle got the Chiller fired.

We know you can be delusional :P

delviking
11-22-2010, 02:25 PM
on a positive we will know that its bevell calling the Offense and not chilly.

But as long a Favre lords over his own "playbook" then AP will continue to see onlt 10-15 carries a game.

ultravikingfan
11-22-2010, 02:26 PM
delviking wrote:

But as long a Favre lords over his own "playbook" then AP will continue to see onlt 10-15 carries a game.

I thought Bevell was calling the plays?

Marrdro
11-22-2010, 02:27 PM
delviking wrote:

I wonder if thats why AD escorted the Chiller off the field last night.

He basically knows his stats are done for the year.

I guess we've finally found out how to stop AD........Fire the Chiller and put the Noodle in charge. LOL

VikingMike
11-22-2010, 02:27 PM
No mas, no mas:

http://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/kick-ass_poster.jpg

Bangkok Bob
11-22-2010, 02:30 PM
Don't let the door hit you Chilly....Now hire a real coach....how about Jeff Fischer from the Titans? He's on the hot seat with the owner and he's a hell of a coach....or maybe Bill Cowher?

Thank you...there is a God! Chilly you SUCK!

Caine
Marrdro wrote:

Caine wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

ejmat wrote:

Caine

Moss hasn't done anything wrong yet. He pisses and moans when he doesn't get the ball when he is covered. Imagine what its gonna get like if he keeps getting open and they don't get him the ball....

By the way, I find it hard to believe that he was open that much as I watched a good portion of the game and saw what they were doing with him.

Show me where he [pissed and moaned... please. Show me ONE quote with him complaining about not receiving the ball.

Just one.

Caine

Marrdro
Freakout wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Freakout wrote:

LOL, well played my friend. Well played indeed.

Seriously, I can hear the conversation now.......

Chiller......Boss, I gotta bench the Noodle but I need you to give me the OK. Remember what happened when I took the verbiage in my contract literally and fired that Moss character......

Wilf.......Nope, we need to keep selling tickets. Those yutz fans don't care if we win or loose at this point, they only wanna see the Noodle, even if he is playing like shit. Stick with the Noodle.

Chiller.....Comeon boss. The team wants to win. I gotta go with TJ.

Wilf.....Go with the Chiller or your fired.

Chiller.....Fire me then.

marstc09
11-22-2010, 02:34 PM
Zeus wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Let me help you, 2-0!

Happy day indeed!

=Z=

I don't need to explain anything to you anymore. How is Sage doing?

Freakout
11-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Marrdro wrote:

Freakout wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Freakout wrote:

Chiller......Boss, I gotta bench the Noodle but I need you to give me the OK. Remember what happened when I took the verbiage in my contract literally and fired that Moss character......

Wilf.......Nope, we need to keep selling tickets. Those yutz fans don't care if we win or loose at this point, they only wanna see the Noodle, even if he is playing like shit. Stick with the Noodle.

The problem I have with this is Randy Moss means more to the fanbase than Brett Favre. He was our prodigal son. Yet Chilly had no problem taking matters into his own hands and kicking Randy to the curb. I highly doubt that he was concerned about benching Favre.

Zeus
11-22-2010, 02:36 PM
marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Let me help you, 2-0!

Happy day indeed!

I don't need to explain anything to you anymore. How is Sage doing?

Why offer up some explanation when you know it will be shown to be juvenile and ill-conceived.

Sage is backing up Eli, last I saw. Not really paying attention since he's not on the Vikings any longer.

He's certainly not leading the league in interceptions.

=Z=

2beersTommy
11-22-2010, 02:36 PM
ultravikingfan wrote:

delviking wrote:

I thought Bevell was calling the plays? whoever was the calling the plays..it was pitiful!

Caine
11-22-2010, 02:40 PM
Marrdro wrote:

Freakout wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Freakout wrote:

Or, perhaps a more accurate version might be:

Wilf: Chilly, we're 3-7 and we just lost to the friggin' Packers!! What are we going to do to solve this?

Chilly: Well...we have Brett Favre?

Wilf: Well obviously that isn't enough. What happened to the O-Line you promised to deliver in year one?

Chilly: But....ummm.....we have Brett Favre?

Wilf: Not good enough! Where is that KAO you promised?

Chilly: We.....umm......I mean Bevell said........ errrrrrr....... Well ....... we have Brett Favre.

Wilf: Are you serious? Is that all you have to say? Favre is getting killed out there...what else have we got?

Chilly: Ummm..... How about Jackson?

Wilf (chokes on own vomit): WHAT?!?!?!?!? After 5 years, the best you ahve is Favre and Jackson? What have you been doing?!?!?!?

Chilly: Well......ummmm......we could trade for Randy Moss?

Wilf: You just fired him, you idiot!!!!

Chilly: Well, the Noodle has plenty of time, and our receivers can carry any QB...and...

Wilf: Have you been reading Marrdro's crap again? You do realize that he's completely delusional, right?

Chilly: But he's the only one who likes me...

Wilf: My point exactly.

Chilly: But...... we have Brett Favre?

Wilf: Chilly....you're fired.

Chilly: Wait..... no...... fire Bevell. It's all HIS fault. Wait..... I mean Frazier......his defense stinks.... I mean, Zygi...after all we've been to each other....

Wilf (picks up phone): Security.....one to go. Immediately.

Chilly: But Marrdro said I was doing a good job...... he said it was all the noodle's fault..... he said our receivers could carry a quarterback...... whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Zygi (still on phone): And put me through to Cowher....we've got a team to fix.

Marrdro
11-22-2010, 02:42 PM
Freakout wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Freakout wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Freakout wrote:

The problem I have with this is Randy Moss means more to the fanbase than Brett Favre. He was our prodigal son. Yet Chilly had no problem taking matters into his own hands and kicking Randy to the curb. I highly doubt that he was concerned about benching Favre.
Good point, however, I don't think the fans played into this as much as most believe.

What I think came into play was the owners opinion of the Noodle and his role in selling tickets.

I think the owner wants the draw right now of the Noodle and his streak and could care less about the fanbase, if that makes sense.

Long story short, he is gonna get a share of the gate from all the places his team plays. Fans of all teams left want to see the Noodle, not Moss.

pack93z
11-22-2010, 02:47 PM
Chilly and Brett skirted NFL rules by playing phone tag while he was under contract.

Fitting that both lead to each others demise.

Now if fate could only payback the spygate Pats. ;)

Webby
11-22-2010, 02:48 PM
So players learned of Wilf giving Chilly two games to right the ship or be fired. Players laid down yesterday. Their wishes are clear.

Caine
11-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Marrdro wrote:

Freakout wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Freakout wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Freakout wrote:

Good point, however, I don't think the fans played into this as much as most believe.

What I think came into play was the owners opinion of the Noodle and his role in selling tickets.

I think the owner wants the draw right now of the Noodle and his streak and could care less about the fanbase, if that makes sense.

Long story short, he is gonna get a share of the gate from all the places his team plays. Fans of all teams left want to see the Noodle, not Moss.

I think it had ZERO to do with Favre and selling tickets and EVERYTHING to do with a Championship caliber team that is currently 3-7.

Favre isn't the hot story he was last season...because the Cinderella ending is through. The hot story is now how a team on the verge of a Superbowl could so completely implode. Favre plays a role in that, but not to the degree you think.

Caine

Zeus
11-22-2010, 02:49 PM
Webby wrote:

So players learned of Wilf giving Chilly two games to right the ship or be fired. Players laid down yesterday. Their wishes are clear.

Source?

=Z=

Reignman
11-22-2010, 02:52 PM
WOOT! Finally some good news.

Interesting, 2 coaches fired after losing to the Packers this season. Two weeks from now, Singletary might be the 3rd haha.

Note to Zygi: Jeff Fisher might be available soon, things are getting ugly down in Tennessee.

We have 6 games to prove that Frazier nor Jackson (if he starts) are the answer, and the rebuilding can truly start fresh next year.

Marrdro
11-22-2010, 02:53 PM
Webby wrote:

Again, I didn't see anyone laying down yesterday. Example please.......

ultravikingfan
11-22-2010, 02:56 PM
Marrdro wrote:

Webby wrote:

31-3

No other examples needed.

Marrdro
11-22-2010, 02:56 PM
Caine wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Freakout wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Freakout wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Freakout wrote:

I think it had ZERO to do with Favre and selling tickets and EVERYTHING to do with a Championship caliber team that is currently 3-7.

Favre isn't the hot story he was last season...because the Cinderella ending is through. The hot story is now how a team on the verge of a Superbowl could so completely implode. Favre plays a role in that, but not to the degree you think.

Caine
Again with the "Imploding" spin. Same thing as the "Team Quit on him" or "he's lost the lockerroom" spin.

I need examples cause the team I watched Sunday sure didn't do anything to but thier damnest to win. Not the offenses fault the Noodle coudln't hit a wide open reciever or kept giving the ball back after they worked so hard to get it down to the other end of the field.

Maybe thats who Webby was aluding to when he said laid down. Maybe the Noodle was missing recievers on purpose. :laugh:

Freakout
11-22-2010, 02:57 PM
pack93z wrote:

Chilly and Brett skirted NFL rules by playing phone tag while he was under contract.

Fitting that both lead to each others demise.

Now if fate could only payback the spygate Pats. ;)

Really Chilly got canned in large part for the same reason he was hired. To bring a dictator in that would clean up the teams image following the scalping and love boat incident.

Problem is he has rubbed a lot of players/people within the organization the wrong way. You can be a disciplinarian without being a emotionless douche. You may get away with that if you are winning but once you lose no one wants to deal with it.

Truth is he even failed at cleaning up the teams image.

Marrdro
11-22-2010, 02:58 PM
ultravikingfan wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Webby wrote:

31-3

OL gave up one sack.

WR's were open all day.

AD got 74 yards on minimal carries.

ST's covered pretty damn good. Hell, even Shortwell made a FG.

Nope, still need examples.

ultravikingfan
11-22-2010, 02:59 PM
Marrdro wrote:

ultravikingfan wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Webby wrote:

31-3

OL gave up one sack.

WR's were open all day.

AD got 74 yards on minimal carries.

ST's covered pretty damn good. Hell, even Shortwell made a FG.

You really see the good in everything don't you?

Oh ya, you were a Sailor! LOL! No wonder! :kiss:

jargomcfargo
11-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Purple Floyd wrote:

Jargo and Caine. I know you are out there- Give me a "Hell Yeah"

Twas inevitable. Childress was a gambler who was all in with Favre and lost.

I've read the first 5 pages of this thread and a few opinions are surprising to me.

There are those who are still worried about this season. This season has been over for awhile. Firing the head coach and promoting an interim head coach from within usually means a house cleaning of coaches,players, and front office personel is coming.
That means rebuilding. Favre is done.

With regard to Moss. The position that Childress put Zygi in by firing Moss unilaterally was terrible.

Had Zygi kept Moss and fired Childress, what chance would there be of recruiting any quality coach?
Can't be known as an owner that allows players to get coaches fired because they disagree with him.

Once Childress acted Zygi had no choice but to let Moss go and take care of Childress later.

Interim coach means, show me something special or you have one foot out the door. I doubt Frazier stays but glad he is given an opportunity to see what he can do.

AngloVike
11-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Marrdro wrote:

Webby wrote:

Madieu Williams.. oh my mistake he was just playing his usual half-arsed game :P

Marrdro
11-22-2010, 03:07 PM
AngloVike wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Webby wrote:

Madieu Williams.. oh my mistake he was just playing his usual half-arsed game :P
Ha, good point someone has already made, but I have said nothing about poor play.

I have only said that I believe this team was still playing its asses off.

Again, our downfall this year can be directly tied to the DL (impacts M-will) and piss poor QB play.

Marrdro
11-22-2010, 03:09 PM
jargomcfargo wrote:

There are those who are still worried about this season.
Chip and a Chair Doc. A Chip and a Chair.

To bad we just gave up one of them. Still, the season isn't over till its over. 9-7 can still get us in. :P

Marrdro
11-22-2010, 03:11 PM
ultravikingfan wrote:

I do my friend. I really do.

Only thing that I can't find anything good in just got our HC fired.......

THE NOODLE. :P

ultravikingfan
11-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Marrdro wrote:

ultravikingfan wrote:

I do my friend. I really do.

Only thing that I can't find anything good in just got our HC fired.......

THE NOODLE. :P

We knowwwww!!!

You senile polywag! :woohoo:

tke0933
11-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Kinda surprised it happened mid season. But after seeing what the Cowboys have done, Zygi may be trying to salvage something out of this year

AngloVike
11-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Marrdro wrote:

AngloVike wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Webby wrote:

Ha, good point someone has already made, but I have said nothing about poor play.

I have only said that I believe this team was still playing its asses off.

Again, our downfall this year can be directly tied to the DL (impacts M-will) and piss poor QB play.
and don't forget numerous penalties this year, some at key moments in drives. That goes against both players and coaching staff.

Now will Frazier turn this team around from what we've had? - probably not. Will he be our permanent HC once the season ends? - possibly not but definite. However people need to remember that potential HCs may be under contract with teams that aren't eliminated from the playoffs. So lets not get worried if people aren't beating down Zygi's door in the next few days.

stalwart88
11-22-2010, 03:33 PM
I concur... mgmt needs to get their head back on and should have fired Chilly from the get go... what were they thinking when they gave him the extensions....

vikingivan
11-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Long overdue!

Infidel
11-22-2010, 03:57 PM
Marrdro wrote:

Infidel wrote:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mardro, Mardro, Mardro!!!

Yeah....as if that's gonna happen.

Have you been living under a rock?

Or is all that crow you've been eating frazzled your brain?

The players hated that bastard.

The only thing the players were fighting about was that half wanted to dog it so he got fired and the other half wanted to ignore him and just play football.

Wake up and smell the coffee, man.

Seriously, have you ever even played the game? You seem sadly ignorant of team dynamics.

MaxVike
11-22-2010, 04:34 PM
How about a new concept?

Childress is fired because the Owner has spent hundreds of millions of dollars and his Team/Organization is currently the laughingstock of the NFL?

If you are the Owner, who do you hold accountable? Assuming you aren't going to fire yourself, how about A coach who doesn't talk to your $20MM investment? Perhaps a coach who's idea of firing up your employees is by telling them, "the time to win is now, a lot of you won't be around next year." Or, a coach, supposedly a Leader, who publicly admits it took him "until May" to get over the Championship Game loss? Hmmmmm, what about the thousands of fans chanting "Fire Childress" at the bludgeoning by the hated rivals........IN YOUR HOUSE?

Please, this is the only thing Wilf, or any Owner in that scenario could do. As I stated before, I supported Childress, until this year. But, this is a clusterf+++ and needed to be addressed...starting, and this better just be a start, now.

marstc09
11-22-2010, 04:36 PM
Zeus wrote:

Webby wrote:

Source?

=Z=

http://twitter.com/purpleprideorg/status/6795856745340929

marstc09
11-22-2010, 04:41 PM
Marrdro wrote:

ultravikingfan wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Webby wrote:

31-3

OL gave up one sack.

WR's were open all day.

I seriously wonder what game you watch. That OL was disgusting. It is not all about sacks. Favre just did a great job getting rid of the ball.

Infidel
11-22-2010, 04:51 PM
Mardro said:

We have the weakest part of our schedule coming up.

Mardro......(my friend) you're crazy. The teams we have ahead of us are TOUGH.

Lacking a miracle, who can we beat except the Bills????????

We play the Lions at their house, you know.

We can't expect the team to suddenly become a team just because Childress is gone.

Childress poisoned the team by fostering the formation of opposing factions. Harsh words were exchanged, even during games.....and those wounds will take some time to heal.

No, Mardro......we have the toughest part of our season ahead of us.

Mr Anderson
11-22-2010, 04:58 PM
Good riddance!

Freya
11-22-2010, 05:07 PM
The bad news is that Frazier has taken over as interim HC. I hope it really ends up being just interim and not long term.
Oh, and talk about emotionless during the games...............

Infidel
11-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Frazier has a tough and thankless job now.....trying to unite the team that Childress poisoned.

Childress turned them against each other with his feud with Favre and his not so subtle criticisms of Favre until he gave them a choice of supporting him or Favre......how the hell is Frazier supposed to fix that quickly??

BadlandsVikings
11-22-2010, 05:33 PM
What did meathead do to get on full time after fat denny got fired?

tastywaves
11-22-2010, 05:38 PM
BadlandsVikings wrote:

What did meathead do to get on full time after fat denny got fired?

Agreed to work for $6/hr and pick up Red's dry cleaning.

singersp
11-22-2010, 06:47 PM
I wonder if Favre drove Childress to the airport. :side:

tarkenton10
11-22-2010, 07:01 PM
Marrdro wrote:

12purplepride28 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

12purplepride28 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

12purplepride28 wrote:

Again, they got a spark but it still didn't solve thier biggest problem, they have a bunch of talented players that couldn't consistently win, especially late in the year.

Our problem is a bit different IMHO. We have a talent team that couldn't win this year, moslty because of DL and QB play.

Firing the Chiller will not fix the DL cause Leslie will now have to focus on both sides of the ball and our QB isn't gonna some how become mobile again or start to hit wide open recievers.

Why do you only call out the DL and QB play? The DBs were terrible yesterday and couldn't cover a dinner table. The OL gave favre less than 2.5 seconds to throw the ball, how is that Favre's fault. Favre did not play well but he didn't play as bad as you say. What QB would have been better, he got hammered almost every time he went back and threw. We probably have the worst S combo in the league. They either have no talent or do not know their role in the D because the WR were running free on the cover two.

tarkenton10
11-22-2010, 07:05 PM
Caine wrote:

Zeus wrote:

12purplepride28 wrote:

Infidel wrote:

12purplepride28 said:

How sad.

=Z=

You're all retarded...

get over it.

Caine

Careful some may take you up on that!! :woohoo:

marshallvike
11-22-2010, 07:10 PM
Freya wrote:

The bad news is that Frazier has taken over as interim HC. I hope it really ends up being just interim and not long term.

reya, remember a guy by the name of Bud Grant. Ol' Stoneface.

tarkenton10
11-22-2010, 07:30 PM
Infidel wrote:

Mardro said:

We have the weakest part of our schedule coming up.

Mardro......(my friend) you're crazy. The teams we have ahead of us are TOUGH.

Lacking a miracle, who can we beat except the Bills????????

We play the Lions at their house, you know.

We can't expect the team to suddenly become a team just because Childress is gone.

Childress poisoned the team by fostering the formation of opposing factions. Harsh words were exchanged, even during games.....and those wounds will take some time to heal.

No, Mardro......we have the toughest part of our season ahead of us.

We play some tough teams but the toughest part of our schedule not close compared to the schedule after our bye week. did you watch the Vikes this year?

Week 1 the Saints
Week 4 bye
Week 5 Jets
week 6 Cowboys
Week 7 Pukers
Week 8 Patriots

That is a brutal schedule

Our last six games are

washington 5-5
Buffalo 2-8
Nyg 7-3 Very tough
Chi 7-3 Good but not great
Phily 7-3 Tough game
Detroit 2-8

We should be able to go 3-3 over those six games. If we don't then Frazier should go too because he can't get this team motivated either.

Culpepper_4717
11-22-2010, 07:30 PM
I'll never forget you Chilly!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_tZiRoFk9wb4/TM3_FkiW8PI/AAAAAAAAAHM/_KrwfB_SN1I/s1600/340x.jpg

marshallvike
11-22-2010, 07:40 PM
marshallvike wrote:

Freya wrote:

sorry Freya. didn't check before submit

HEY
11-22-2010, 08:11 PM
Culpepper_4717 wrote:

I'll never forget you Chilly!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_tZiRoFk9wb4/TM3_FkiW8PI/AAAAAAAAAHM/_KrwfB_SN1I/s1600/340x.jpg
You know what they say: "Never forget the past if you don't want to repeat the mistakes!"

(I learned that in history class. Sounds better in Norwegian :lol: )

Purple Floyd
11-22-2010, 09:58 PM
Marrdro wrote:

Indeed. It is a sad day that it took this long to make a move that needed to be made. That does indicate the owner being a bit slow to respond but at least in the end he did put the coach out of his misery so we have to credit him for that.

I do agree that Frazier probably won't be any better in the long run and I am certainly not on his bandwagon at this point, but I am willing to let him have the remainder of a lost season to audition for his next job whether that is here or somewhere else.

At least maybe he will get rid of that damn ZB scheme and instill the fear of god into the OL so they start to at least try to do their damn job. With the exception of the secondary that unit is the most dysfunctional on the team.Maybe he will cut Ryan Cooks ass and find a legitimate replacement for Sullivan.

Purple Floyd
11-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Infidel wrote:

Are you a lawyer?

Look I had my issues with the Chiller and will be happy to see someone else take over right along with the rest of you, but to sit here and think our team got better today is crazy talk.

In short, the Chiller got an extension last year cause he won with the Noodle and he got shitcanned this year cause he can't win with the Noodle.

Leslie isn't gonna fix that latter problem. We will still continue to suck on the DL and our QB will still be like a statue back there, that can't hit wide open recievers by the way.

The team might not be any better because they didn't change the team but the coaching staff just got a hell of a lot better and now they have at least a chance of actually putting together a game plan that the team can win with.

I have a feeling Frazier will look at Brett and what Chilly was asking him to do and tweak the play book to reduce the mistakes that are being made by the QB which will result in more wins and fewer turnovers.

marstc09
11-22-2010, 10:14 PM
tarkenton10 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

12purplepride28 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

12purplepride28 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

12purplepride28 wrote:

Why do you only call out the DL and QB play? The DBs were terrible yesterday and couldn't cover a dinner table. The OL gave favre less than 2.5 seconds to throw the ball, how is that Favre's fault. Favre did not play well but he didn't play as bad as you say. What QB would have been better, he got hammered almost every time he went back and threw. We probably have the worst S combo in the league. They either have no talent or do not know their role in the D because the WR were running free on the cover two.

Excellent post indeed. You are wise beyond your years.

Zeus
11-22-2010, 10:16 PM
marstc09 wrote:

Favre just did a great job getting rid of the ball.

Good Lord. You're a bigger whore for Favre than any Packer fan I've ever met.

=Z=

Zeus
11-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Purple Floyd wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Infidel wrote:

Are you a lawyer?

The team might not be any better because they didn't change the team but the coaching staff just got a hell of a lot better and now they have at least a chance of actually putting together a game plan that the team can win with.

I have a feeling Frazier will look at Brett and what Chilly was asking him to do and tweak the play book to reduce the mistakes that are being made by the QB which will result in more wins and fewer turnovers.

Why would a DEFENSIVE coordinator touch the OFFENSIVE playbook one single bit?

=Z=

marstc09
11-22-2010, 10:22 PM
Zeus wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Favre just did a great job getting rid of the ball.

Good Lord. You're a bigger whore for Favre than any Packer fan I've ever met.

=Z=

Nope. Any honest football fan can see that Favre has no time back there. Favre got rid of the ball when he was in trouble. 1 sack and 0 fumbles. The INT was a great play by Tramon. Favre is not playing as well as last year. I can't blame him. His surrounding cast is playing worse. All the clueless ones are just quick to blame him because the numbers show it. What about the OL numbers? Oh wait you can't quantify that so people like Marrdro blow it off.

Purple Floyd
11-22-2010, 10:27 PM
Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Infidel wrote:

Are you a lawyer?

=Z=

Because he is not the Defensive coordinator- He is the Head Coach. Sorry you missed that one :lol:

Also because that particular playbook needed a quite a bit of touching to remove any trace of the inept former coach.

Purple Floyd
11-22-2010, 10:28 PM
marstc09 wrote:

tarkenton10 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

12purplepride28 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

12purplepride28 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

12purplepride28 wrote:

Excellent post indeed. You are wise beyond your years.

Top shelf. You should move him up a column in your spreadsheet.

Zeus
11-22-2010, 10:35 PM
Purple Floyd wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

Because he is not the Defensive coordinator- He is the Head Coach. Sorry you missed that one :lol:

Also because that particular playbook needed a quite a bit of touching to remove any trace of the inept former coach.

And the guy who helped put in the offensive game plan and who called the plays is still in place to now have total control over the offensive game plan and call all of the plays.

Do you honestly believe that Frazier is going to rip the offensive playbook apart when his entire career in professional football has been on the other side of the ball?

=Z=

Purple Floyd
11-22-2010, 10:39 PM
Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

And the guy who helped put in the offensive game plan and who called the plays is still in place to now have total control over the offensive game plan and call all of the plays.

Do you honestly believe that Frazier is going to rip the offensive playbook apart when his entire career in professional football has been on the other side of the ball?

=Z=

What part of tweak don't you understand?

RK.
11-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Once again Randy Moss was right.. Last time was when he called Red McCombs a cheap skate.

Too bad Ziggy didn't pull the trigger before losing Moss. But I suppose when it became clear that Chilly had lost the fan base that pretty much made the decission for him.

Zeus
11-22-2010, 11:09 PM
Purple Floyd wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

Leslie: Hey, Darrell - stop calling the plays where Favre ends up tossing it to the other team. Those suck.

=Z=

Purple Floyd
11-22-2010, 11:17 PM
Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

Leslie: Hey, Darrell - stop calling the plays where Favre ends up tossing it to the other team. Those suck.

=Z=

Darrell: Summabitch Leslie, I can't draw up a game plan without Brad looking over my shoulders and handing me the proper colored crayon. I think I am going to crawl up in the fetal position and hide under my bed.

Leslie: I'm screwed too. Can I spoon with you?

Zeus
11-22-2010, 11:21 PM
Purple Floyd wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

Darrell: Summabitch Leslie, I can't draw up a game plan without Brad looking over my shoulders and handing me the proper colored crayon. I think I am going to crawl up in the fetal position and hide under my bed.

Darrell: Hey, Leslie - can I just keep telling Favre to huck it deep? Think people will like that better than tosses to Tahi?

Leslie: Leave me alone, Bev. I'm still trying to figure out how I suddenly became a genius even though my defense has sucked ass this year.

=Z=

marstc09
11-22-2010, 11:26 PM
Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

Darrell: Hey, Leslie - can I just keep telling Favre to huck it deep? Think people will like that better than tosses to Tahi?

Leslie: Leave me alone, Bev. I'm still trying to figure out how I suddenly became a genius even though my defense has sucked ass this year.

=Z=

LMFAO! Both of those are hilarious!

Purple Floyd
11-22-2010, 11:26 PM
Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

=Z=

Bevell:

Hey Les, How are we going to fix this mess that Childress left us and get the players to do their job?

Leslie: I'll put on my Darth Vader helmet so they all think I am a badass. No one will mess with me then.

Zeus
11-22-2010, 11:37 PM
Purple Floyd wrote:

Bevell:

Hey Les, How are we going to fix this mess that Childress left us and get the players to do their job?

Leslie: I'll put on my Darth Vader helmet so they all think I am a badass. No one will mess with me then.

Darrell: Dammit. Our O-line is pourous and our QB is old. How the fuck am I supposed to make this work?

Leslie: My D-line is ineffective and my secondary is weak. How the fuck am I supposed to make this work?

Darrell and Leslie: BRAAAAAAAAD COME BACK! WE NEED SOMEONE FOR THEM TO BLAME!!!!

=Z=

Prophet
11-23-2010, 07:29 AM
Caine wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Freakout wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Freakout wrote:

Or, perhaps a more accurate version might be:

Wilf: Chilly, we're 3-7 and we just lost to the friggin' Packers!! What are we going to do to solve this?

Chilly: Well...we have Brett Favre?

Wilf: Well obviously that isn't enough. What happened to the O-Line you promised to deliver in year one?

Chilly: But....ummm.....we have Brett Favre?

Wilf: Not good enough! Where is that KAO you promised?

Chilly: We.....umm......I mean Bevell said........ errrrrrr....... Well ....... we have Brett Favre.

Wilf: Are you serious? Is that all you have to say? Favre is getting killed out there...what else have we got?

Chilly: Ummm..... How about Jackson?

Wilf (chokes on own vomit): WHAT?!?!?!?!? After 5 years, the best you ahve is Favre and Jackson? What have you been doing?!?!?!?

Chilly: Well......ummmm......we could trade for Randy Moss?

Wilf: You just fired him, you idiot!!!!

Chilly: Well, the Noodle has plenty of time, and our receivers can carry any QB...and...

Wilf: Have you been reading Marrdro's crap again? You do realize that he's completely delusional, right?

Chilly: But he's the only one who likes me...

Wilf: My point exactly.

Chilly: But...... we have Brett Favre?

Wilf: Chilly....you're fired.

Chilly: Wait..... no...... fire Bevell. It's all HIS fault. Wait..... I mean Frazier......his defense stinks.... I mean, Zygi...after all we've been to each other....

Wilf (picks up phone): Security.....one to go. Immediately.

Chilly: But Marrdro said I was doing a good job...... he said it was all the noodle's fault..... he said our receivers could carry a quarterback...... whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Zygi (still on phone): And put me through to Cowher....we've got a team to fix.

lmao.

I just hope there's a national search for a replacement and Frazier's job as interim isn't just gifted into the HC position like meathead's job was.

Getting a Prince Albert piercing would be more fun than watching the Vikings this year.

Purple Floyd
11-23-2010, 07:45 AM
Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

Bevell:

Darrell: Dammit. Our O-line is pourous and our QB is old. How the fuck am I supposed to make this work?

Leslie: My D-line is ineffective and my secondary is weak. How the fuck am I supposed to make this work?

Darrell and Leslie: BRAAAAAAAAD COME BACK! WE NEED SOMEONE FOR THEM TO BLAME!!!!

=Z=

They were pretty good right up to this one. Now it looks like marr logged in wearing your helmet.

Freya
11-23-2010, 08:14 AM
marshallvike wrote:

marshallvike wrote:

Freya wrote:

sorry Freya. didn't check before submit

No prob, MV. Yes I do remember Ol' Stoneface! Great coach!
I thought it was funny because it was brought up about Childress being emotionless on the sidelines, as if that made a huge difference for the players. Replacing one emotionless coach for another. Because that's a key point?!?! haha. I should have said **with tongue in cheek**

soonerbornNbred
11-23-2010, 03:39 PM
Just NOW heard .... best NEWs in weeks....good

marstc09
11-23-2010, 11:36 PM
Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Infidel wrote:

Are you a lawyer?

=Z=

LMFAO!

In his first full day as Vikings coach, Les Frazier spent time today sitting in on some of the offensive meetings.

http://twitter.com/JuddZulgad/statuses/7215845897936896

Infidel
11-23-2010, 11:58 PM
LOL! I guess Z wasn't thinking.

Here's another thing.

There was an obvious power struggle going on between Childress and Favre since last year (which Favre was clearly winning, as he had more clout with the owner than Childress did).

So.....was Childress stealthily retaliating by intentionally trying to sabotage Favre at times? Would be easy for a head coach to do.

He sure looked smug when Favre got knocked out and hauled off the field. I could swear he looked just a little happy for the first time in a LONG time.

Maybe things will get a LOT better with a new coach that doesn't hate the star player.

Even more than we could have guessed.

NDVikingFan66
11-24-2010, 12:32 AM
Actually, Frazier probably told everyone no one left to blame. Time to not fumble, run the wrong route, throw to the wrong shoulder, miss your block, miss a tackle, blow your coverage, get penalized, etc, etc, etc.

Even thought I thought Childress needed to go, our problems have not been solved.

Zeus
11-24-2010, 12:53 AM
marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Infidel wrote:

Are you a lawyer?

LMFAO!

In his first full day as Vikings coach, Les Frazier spent time today sitting in on some of the offensive meetings.

Which prooves nothing about tweaking the playbook. You do realize that, don't you?

=Z=

tastywaves
11-24-2010, 11:51 AM
marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Infidel wrote:

Are you a lawyer?

=Z=

LMFAO!

Hi John, I'm your new head coach Leslie, I look forward to working with you. Hi Phil, I'm your new HC Leslie, I look forward.....

Lets put our best efforts forward this week men, I think this is a great opportunity for us to take this thing forward, I'm counting on everyone of you to go out and be the professionals that I know you are. Lets show the world what the Vikings are all about.

Ok Darrell, there all yours.

Culpepper_4717
11-24-2010, 05:43 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2jess8w.png

Purple Floyd
11-24-2010, 06:31 PM
Culpepper_4717 wrote:

http://i54.tinypic.com/2jess8w.png

This is awesome. I would love to use it as a sig. If you are not OK with that send me a PM and I will change it.

Great work

marstc09
11-27-2010, 01:29 AM
marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Infidel wrote:

Are you a lawyer?

LMFAO!

Which prooves nothing about tweaking the playbook. You do realize that, don't you?

=Z=

More info coming out.......but I am sure you will ignore it. You do realize that, don't you? This time it is coming straight from Bevell. HAHAHAHA

marstc09
11-29-2010, 12:51 AM

Unless of course he shit cans the Noodle as his first act.

Looks to me like he made it better already. LMFAO!