PDA

View Full Version : Pat Williams will play next season



skum
11-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Pat Williams says he will play in 2011 (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Auu0EXFi6r3_sV6P0udxf445nYcB?slug=ap-vikings-pwilliams)

-

Gives is time and a bit more flexibility in the draft, but his play has declined and he is getting more plays of, so it would sure not have been the end of the world had he decided to retire..

Purple Floyd
11-16-2010, 10:15 PM
The jury is out on his value to the team imo.

i_bleed_purple
11-16-2010, 10:56 PM
I think this is good.

Very least, he'll make a servicable backup.

Zeus
11-16-2010, 11:06 PM
Purple Floyd wrote:

The jury is out on his value to the team imo.

I don't think he's under contract beyond this season.

=Z=

i_bleed_purple
11-16-2010, 11:07 PM
Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

The jury is out on his value to the team imo.

I don't think he's under contract beyond this season.

=Z=

according to madden '10, he is. Take it for what it's worth.

Zeus
11-16-2010, 11:10 PM
i_bleed_purple wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:
[quote]The jury is out on his value to the team imo.

I don't think he's under contract beyond this season./quote]

according to madden '10, he is. Take it for what it's worth.

The next time I see you, I will slap you for this post.

=Z=

i_bleed_purple
11-17-2010, 01:53 AM
Zeus wrote:

i_bleed_purple wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:
[quote]The jury is out on his value to the team imo.

I don't think he's under contract beyond this season./quote]

according to madden '10, he is. Take it for what it's worth.

The next time I see you, I will slap you for this post.

=Z=

bring it bitch :P

Marrdro
11-17-2010, 10:40 AM
We are in a tough situation here.

Phat Pat has dropped in production quite a bit the last two years. My guess, its age, instead of not being able to juice as the reason.

Regardless, they should have had a kid on the bench starting 2 years ago, if not this year, working in the rotation with him.

Now, if they don't bring him back, they will be forced to do one of two things (I actually hope they do both)....

1. Drop Phat Pat, along with JK and Fred Evans, Bring in a vet that can play the 0 technique.

2. Draft a kid high who can play the 0 technique.

On a side note, I wonder if my good friend Mars is gonna try to convince us this year that a CB is a bigger need that a DT this year. :blink:

jmcdon00
11-17-2010, 11:01 AM
Zeus wrote:

i_bleed_purple wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:
[quote]The jury is out on his value to the team imo.

I don't think he's under contract beyond this season./quote]

according to madden '10, he is. Take it for what it's worth.

The next time I see you, I will slap you for this post.

=Z=
Sorry Z, madden is correct. Pat signed a 3 year contract extension in 2008.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d80219424/article/vikings-sign-pro-bowler-pat-williams-to-threeyear-extension

Zeus
11-17-2010, 11:32 AM
jmcdon00 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

i_bleed_purple wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:
[quote]The jury is out on his value to the team imo.

I don't think he's under contract beyond this season./quote]

according to madden '10, he is. Take it for what it's worth.

The next time I see you, I will slap you for this post.
Sorry Z, madden is correct. Pat signed a 3 year contract extension in 2008.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d80219424/article/vikings-sign-pro-bowler-pat-williams-to-threeyear-extension

Madden is wrong! And you provided the article to prove it!


Williams, who is guaranteed at least $9.5 million over the duration of the deal that begins in 2008, is coming off his first Pro Bowl appearance.

Deal begins in 2008. So - 2009, 2010 - contract ends.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2011/fa/dl.html

Pat Williams, MIN I very much doubt that Williams will play anywhere but Minnesota. Hes still an effective run stopper who is winding down his playing days. He threatened to retire early this offseason before deciding to return. If he wants to play, the Vikings will surely be happy to have him back.

=Z=

Marrdro
11-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Zeus wrote:

jmcdon00 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

i_bleed_purple wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:
[quote]The jury is out on his value to the team imo.

I don't think he's under contract beyond this season./quote]

according to madden '10, he is. Take it for what it's worth.

The next time I see you, I will slap you for this post.
Sorry Z, madden is correct. Pat signed a 3 year contract extension in 2008.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d80219424/article/vikings-sign-pro-bowler-pat-williams-to-threeyear-extension

Madden is wrong! And you provided the article to prove it!


Williams, who is guaranteed at least $9.5 million over the duration of the deal that begins in 2008, is coming off his first Pro Bowl appearance.

Deal begins in 2008. So - 2009, 2010 - contract ends.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2011/fa/dl.html

Pat Williams, MIN I very much doubt that Williams will play anywhere but Minnesota. Hes still an effective run stopper who is winding down his playing days. He threatened to retire early this offseason before deciding to return. If he wants to play, the Vikings will surely be happy to have him back.

=Z=
If the staff is paying attention to productivity on the field, I hope they "Won't surely be happy to have him back" but will opt to let him go and bring in someone who can get after it more than a few plays a game.

On a side note, I looked at Phat Pats reps. They aren't down as much as I thought, but his effectiveness sure is.

NodakPaul
11-17-2010, 12:46 PM
While I love Pat, I am honestly disappointed by his production this year.

Our running defense is not what it used to be, and we are getting ZERO pressure up the middle. That IMHO is the biggest problem with our lack of sacks on defense - Allen and Edwards are getting into the backfield and collapsing the pocket from the sides, but the QB always just has to step up in the pocket and he buys an extra couple of seconds.

Marrdro
11-17-2010, 12:50 PM
NodakPaul wrote:

While I love Pat, I am honestly disappointed by his production this year.

Our running defense is not what it used to be, and we are getting ZERO pressure up the middle. That IMHO is the biggest problem with our lack of sacks on defense - Allen and Edwards are getting into the backfield and collapsing the pocket from the sides, but the QB always just has to step up in the pocket and he buys an extra couple of seconds.
Excellent post.

Its a very interesting study, this game we call football. One small issue at one position and the rest of it crumbles around you.

To bad for us, the fans, we are seeing issues at C, DT, WR, and yes, even QB.

Sure was hoping the Cards game was an indicator that some of those had been solved.

marstc09
11-18-2010, 09:12 PM
Marrdro wrote:

We are in a tough situation here.

Phat Pat has dropped in production quite a bit the last two years. My guess, its age, instead of not being able to juice as the reason.

Regardless, they should have had a kid on the bench starting 2 years ago, if not this year, working in the rotation with him.

Now, if they don't bring him back, they will be forced to do one of two things (I actually hope they do both)....

1. Drop Phat Pat, along with JK and Fred Evans, Bring in a vet that can play the 0 technique.

2. Draft a kid high who can play the 0 technique.

On a side note, I wonder if my good friend Mars is gonna try to convince us this year that a CB is a bigger need that a DT this year. :blink:

Yup and I was right last year. Exactly what our FO did.

Now on to Pat. That is Chillys boy. He has his back. Now you have to figure out what to do. I guess you want Chilly gone. HAHAHA

marstc09
11-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Marrdro wrote:

Zeus wrote:

jmcdon00 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

i_bleed_purple wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:
[quote]The jury is out on his value to the team imo.

I don't think he's under contract beyond this season./quote]

according to madden '10, he is. Take it for what it's worth.

The next time I see you, I will slap you for this post.
Sorry Z, madden is correct. Pat signed a 3 year contract extension in 2008.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d80219424/article/vikings-sign-pro-bowler-pat-williams-to-threeyear-extension

Madden is wrong! And you provided the article to prove it!


Williams, who is guaranteed at least $9.5 million over the duration of the deal that begins in 2008, is coming off his first Pro Bowl appearance.

Deal begins in 2008. So - 2009, 2010 - contract ends.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2011/fa/dl.html

Pat Williams, MIN I very much doubt that Williams will play anywhere but Minnesota. Hes still an effective run stopper who is winding down his playing days. He threatened to retire early this offseason before deciding to return. If he wants to play, the Vikings will surely be happy to have him back.

=Z=
If the staff is paying attention to productivity on the field, I hope they "Won't surely be happy to have him back" but will opt to let him go and bring in someone who can get after it more than a few plays a game.

On a side note, I looked at Phat Pats reps. They aren't down as much as I thought, but his effectiveness sure is.

Chilly will not pay attention to productivity on the field. Pat is his boy.

snowinapril
11-18-2010, 09:30 PM
I think he is letting teams know he is available. I wouldn't take it as he is playing with the Vikings.

Most thought he was retiring, he is just leaving the door/minds open to the idea of returning for a SB contender.

Maybe he wants to play another year in MN, we will see.

Marrdro
11-19-2010, 09:36 AM
marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

We are in a tough situation here.

Phat Pat has dropped in production quite a bit the last two years. My guess, its age, instead of not being able to juice as the reason.

Regardless, they should have had a kid on the bench starting 2 years ago, if not this year, working in the rotation with him.

Now, if they don't bring him back, they will be forced to do one of two things (I actually hope they do both)....

1. Drop Phat Pat, along with JK and Fred Evans, Bring in a vet that can play the 0 technique.

2. Draft a kid high who can play the 0 technique.

On a side note, I wonder if my good friend Mars is gonna try to convince us this year that a CB is a bigger need that a DT this year. :blink:

Yup and I was right last year. Exactly what our FO did.


Yup, they did, and guess what, it was the wrong thing to do. Which is worse, the CB or DL positions right now, based on production?


Now on to Pat. That is Chillys boy. He has his back. Now you have to figure out what to do. I guess you want Chilly gone. HAHAHA
Funny comment. I was just talking to one of the Vikings fans at work today and we were talking about the rocky road that Phat Pat and the Chiller had in 2006.

Anyone remember that?

Hard nosed coach, draws the line in the sand and won't let our best DT practice with the team until he got into team standards.

Now that player is one of the HC's staunchest supporters and even though he is a fan favorite, he is quickly getting thrown under the bus for it.

What I want/would do.........

Keep the Chiller. Have the Chiller hire Phat Pat to be a asst DL coach.

marstc09
11-19-2010, 05:08 PM
Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

We are in a tough situation here.

Phat Pat has dropped in production quite a bit the last two years. My guess, its age, instead of not being able to juice as the reason.

Regardless, they should have had a kid on the bench starting 2 years ago, if not this year, working in the rotation with him.

Now, if they don't bring him back, they will be forced to do one of two things (I actually hope they do both)....

1. Drop Phat Pat, along with JK and Fred Evans, Bring in a vet that can play the 0 technique.

2. Draft a kid high who can play the 0 technique.

On a side note, I wonder if my good friend Mars is gonna try to convince us this year that a CB is a bigger need that a DT this year. :blink:

Yup and I was right last year. Exactly what our FO did.


Yup, they did, and guess what, it was the wrong thing to do. Which is worse, the CB or DL positions right now, based on production?


Now on to Pat. That is Chillys boy. He has his back. Now you have to figure out what to do. I guess you want Chilly gone. HAHAHA
Funny comment. I was just talking to one of the Vikings fans at work today and we were talking about the rocky road that Phat Pat and the Chiller had in 2006.

Anyone remember that?

Hard nosed coach, draws the line in the sand and won't let our best DT practice with the team until he got into team standards.

Now that player is one of the HC's staunchest supporters and even though he is a fan favorite, he is quickly getting thrown under the bus for it.

What I want/would do.........

Keep the Chiller. Have the Chiller hire Phat Pat to be a asst DL coach.

HAHAHAHAHAHA it was the wrong thing to do?! According to who? You? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The CB situation is much worse than the DT position.

Fuck Chilly.