PDA

View Full Version : Who are the 6?



marstc09
11-11-2010, 01:34 PM
6 Minnesota Vikings Want Brad Childress Fired, Who Could It Be?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/515046-report-6-vikings-want-brad-childress-fired-who-could-it-be?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=br_vikings#page/2

Purple Floyd
11-11-2010, 06:04 PM
marstc09 wrote:

6 Minnesota Vikings Want Brad Childress Fired, Who Could It Be?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/515046-report-6-vikings-want-brad-childress-fired-who-could-it-be?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=br_vikings#page/2

My guess-

Allen
Favre
Harvin
Hutch
Winfield
Williams

singersp
11-11-2010, 06:10 PM
See! You do like the Bleacher Report when you want to.

BTW, there's a lot more than 6. You need to listen to ESPN radio more.

Mr Anderson
11-11-2010, 06:19 PM
There are 6 who talked.

I guarantee there are a hell of a lot more.

MaxVike
11-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Honestly, I don't care. I still hate my position coach from HS and my HC from college. I call piling on and Bull Shit by the press. I understand there are issues...but, how many people "liked" Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells, Vince Lombardi, George Halas...etc.! Don't mistake the comment/question to a comparison to those great coaches.

In fact, ask yourself, "do I like my CEO?" If the answer is no, do you not work hard when you go to work? Have some fucking pride Vikings...shut your mouths and play ball for US, the people that actually pay you.

singersp
11-11-2010, 07:36 PM
MaxVike wrote:

Honestly, I don't care. I still hate my position coach from HS and my HC from college. I call piling on and Bull Shit by the press. I understand there are issues...but, how many people "liked" Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells, Vince Lombardi, George Halas...etc.! Don't mistake the comment/question to a comparison to those great coaches.

In fact, ask yourself, "do I like my CEO?" If the answer is no, do you not work hard when you go to work? Have some fucking pride Vikings...shut your mouths and play ball for US, the people that actually pay you.

Umm, what you are forgetting is respect.

Players may not always like their coach, but if the respect him & buy into what he's selling, they'll play for him.

Lombardi had a lot of players who didn't like him, but they sure as hell respected him.

That's the difference. Very few, if any, players actually respect him.

The brunt of what I'm hearing though, is what I've thought for years. Players are saying his football acumen is minimal. In other words, we have a HC knows literally jackshit about football, yet he's trying to teach it.

Thus the OL & it's scheme that they haven't been able to fix in 5 years for 1.

Birk knew it. That's why he left. Idiots shouldn't be teaching.

Winfield knew it.

Sharper knew it, but got blasted by fans here when he spoke up about it.

Moss knew it & Moss spoke up about it. Moss wanted out because of it.

Favre knows it also. Imagine a coach with limited football acumen trying to tell him how an offense should be run?

LOL!

Mr Anderson
11-11-2010, 09:01 PM
There's a huge difference between not liking your coach and "hate[ing]" your coach.

Like Max said, probably not that many people liked Parcells, Lombardi, etc. But I doubt one player would ever say to the media "I hate him" or "I know Childress doesn't have our back, why should we have his?"

Maxvike, where did you play your ball in college?

MaxVike
11-12-2010, 09:14 AM
singersp wrote:

MaxVike wrote:

Honestly, I don't care. I still hate my position coach from HS and my HC from college. I call piling on and Bull Shit by the press. I understand there are issues...but, how many people "liked" Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells, Vince Lombardi, George Halas...etc.! Don't mistake the comment/question to a comparison to those great coaches.

In fact, ask yourself, "do I like my CEO?" If the answer is no, do you not work hard when you go to work? Have some fucking pride Vikings...shut your mouths and play ball for US, the people that actually pay you.

Umm, what you are forgetting is respect.

Players may not always like their coach, but if the respect him & buy into what he's selling, they'll play for him.

Lombardi had a lot of players who didn't like him, but they sure as hell respected him.

That's the difference. Very few, if any, players actually respect him.

The brunt of what I'm hearing though, is what I've thought for years. Players are saying his football acumen is minimal. In other words, we have a HC knows literally jackshit about football, yet he's trying to teach it.

Thus the OL & it's scheme that they haven't been able to fix in 5 years for 1.

Birk knew it. That's why he left. Idiots shouldn't be teaching.

Winfield knew it.

Sharper knew it, but got blasted by fans here when he spoke up about it.

Moss knew it & Moss spoke up about it. Moss wanted out because of it.

Favre knows it also. Imagine a coach with limited football acumen trying to tell him how an offense should be run?

LOL!

I'm not forgetting respect. And, not gonna argue point by point. I just think this is bullshit. I guess I look at it like Jared Allen and Pat Williams do... http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/107353163.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUycaEacyU

marstc09
11-12-2010, 09:33 AM
singersp wrote:

See! You do like the Bleacher Report when you want to.

BTW, there's a lot more than 6. You need to listen to ESPN radio more.

This bleacher report is nothing but an opinion to start a discussion. The real source came from the Chicago Sun Times and Sean Jensen. This thread is not being posted to prove a point. Big difference.

marstc09
11-12-2010, 09:35 AM
MaxVike wrote:

.

In fact, ask yourself, "do I like my CEO?"

I do.

Zeus
11-12-2010, 10:44 AM
MaxVike wrote:

singersp wrote:

MaxVike wrote:

Honestly, I don't care. I still hate my position coach from HS and my HC from college. I call piling on and Bull Shit by the press. I understand there are issues...but, how many people "liked" Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells, Vince Lombardi, George Halas...etc.! Don't mistake the comment/question to a comparison to those great coaches.

In fact, ask yourself, "do I like my CEO?" If the answer is no, do you not work hard when you go to work? Have some fucking pride Vikings...shut your mouths and play ball for US, the people that actually pay you.

Umm, what you are forgetting is respect.

Players may not always like their coach, but if the respect him & buy into what he's selling, they'll play for him.

Lombardi had a lot of players who didn't like him, but they sure as hell respected him.

That's the difference. Very few, if any, players actually respect him.

The brunt of what I'm hearing though, is what I've thought for years. Players are saying his football acumen is minimal. In other words, we have a HC knows literally jackshit about football, yet he's trying to teach it.

Thus the OL & it's scheme that they haven't been able to fix in 5 years for 1.

Birk knew it. That's why he left. Idiots shouldn't be teaching.

Winfield knew it.

Sharper knew it, but got blasted by fans here when he spoke up about it.

Moss knew it & Moss spoke up about it. Moss wanted out because of it.

Favre knows it also. Imagine a coach with limited football acumen trying to tell him how an offense should be run?

LOL!

I'm not forgetting respect. And, not gonna argue point by point. I just think this is bullshit. I guess I look at it like Jared Allen and Pat Williams do... http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/107353163.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUycaEacyU

Because this story SUPPORTS Childress, it won't get much play on PPO.


Big Pat Williams made it loud and clear he's not a big fan of unnamed sources during an otherwise quiet media access period inside the Vikings' locker room Thursday.

Asked about a Chicago Sun-Times article that cited six unnamed Vikings who said they wanted coach Brad Childress fired, the nose tackle didn't hold anything back.

"That's just all reports," he said. "Ain't no names. ... So I really don't pay no attention to that. That's all he-say, she-say stuff. They ain't going to put no names out there, so I don't know if it's true or not.

"That's like somebody [spreading a rumor about me], but they don't have to tell me who said it," Williams added. "If somebody starts that rumor, [people are] going to believe it. So that's how it is. That's all rumor."

=Z=

marstc09
11-12-2010, 11:19 AM
Zeus wrote:

MaxVike wrote:

singersp wrote:

MaxVike wrote:

Honestly, I don't care. I still hate my position coach from HS and my HC from college. I call piling on and Bull Shit by the press. I understand there are issues...but, how many people "liked" Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells, Vince Lombardi, George Halas...etc.! Don't mistake the comment/question to a comparison to those great coaches.

In fact, ask yourself, "do I like my CEO?" If the answer is no, do you not work hard when you go to work? Have some fucking pride Vikings...shut your mouths and play ball for US, the people that actually pay you.

Umm, what you are forgetting is respect.

Players may not always like their coach, but if the respect him & buy into what he's selling, they'll play for him.

Lombardi had a lot of players who didn't like him, but they sure as hell respected him.

That's the difference. Very few, if any, players actually respect him.

The brunt of what I'm hearing though, is what I've thought for years. Players are saying his football acumen is minimal. In other words, we have a HC knows literally jackshit about football, yet he's trying to teach it.

Thus the OL & it's scheme that they haven't been able to fix in 5 years for 1.

Birk knew it. That's why he left. Idiots shouldn't be teaching.

Winfield knew it.

Sharper knew it, but got blasted by fans here when he spoke up about it.

Moss knew it & Moss spoke up about it. Moss wanted out because of it.

Favre knows it also. Imagine a coach with limited football acumen trying to tell him how an offense should be run?

LOL!

I'm not forgetting respect. And, not gonna argue point by point. I just think this is bullshit. I guess I look at it like Jared Allen and Pat Williams do... http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/107353163.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUycaEacyU

Because this story SUPPORTS Childress, it won't get much play on PPO.


Big Pat Williams made it loud and clear he's not a big fan of unnamed sources during an otherwise quiet media access period inside the Vikings' locker room Thursday.

Asked about a Chicago Sun-Times article that cited six unnamed Vikings who said they wanted coach Brad Childress fired, the nose tackle didn't hold anything back.

"That's just all reports," he said. "Ain't no names. ... So I really don't pay no attention to that. That's all he-say, she-say stuff. They ain't going to put no names out there, so I don't know if it's true or not.

"That's like somebody [spreading a rumor about me], but they don't have to tell me who said it," Williams added. "If somebody starts that rumor, [people are] going to believe it. So that's how it is. That's all rumor."

=Z=

Sure it will get play. It supports a divided locker room.

Zeus
11-12-2010, 11:26 AM
marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

MaxVike wrote:

singersp wrote:

MaxVike wrote:

Honestly, I don't care. I still hate my position coach from HS and my HC from college. I call piling on and Bull Shit by the press. I understand there are issues...but, how many people "liked" Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells, Vince Lombardi, George Halas...etc.! Don't mistake the comment/question to a comparison to those great coaches.

In fact, ask yourself, "do I like my CEO?" If the answer is no, do you not work hard when you go to work? Have some fucking pride Vikings...shut your mouths and play ball for US, the people that actually pay you.

Umm, what you are forgetting is respect.

Players may not always like their coach, but if the respect him & buy into what he's selling, they'll play for him.

Lombardi had a lot of players who didn't like him, but they sure as hell respected him.

That's the difference. Very few, if any, players actually respect him.

The brunt of what I'm hearing though, is what I've thought for years. Players are saying his football acumen is minimal. In other words, we have a HC knows literally jackshit about football, yet he's trying to teach it.

Thus the OL & it's scheme that they haven't been able to fix in 5 years for 1.

Birk knew it. That's why he left. Idiots shouldn't be teaching.

Winfield knew it.

Sharper knew it, but got blasted by fans here when he spoke up about it.

Moss knew it & Moss spoke up about it. Moss wanted out because of it.

Favre knows it also. Imagine a coach with limited football acumen trying to tell him how an offense should be run?

LOL!

I'm not forgetting respect. And, not gonna argue point by point. I just think this is bullshit. I guess I look at it like Jared Allen and Pat Williams do... http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/107353163.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUycaEacyU

Because this story SUPPORTS Childress, it won't get much play on PPO.


Big Pat Williams made it loud and clear he's not a big fan of unnamed sources during an otherwise quiet media access period inside the Vikings' locker room Thursday.

Asked about a Chicago Sun-Times article that cited six unnamed Vikings who said they wanted coach Brad Childress fired, the nose tackle didn't hold anything back.

"That's just all reports," he said. "Ain't no names. ... So I really don't pay no attention to that. That's all he-say, she-say stuff. They ain't going to put no names out there, so I don't know if it's true or not.

"That's like somebody [spreading a rumor about me], but they don't have to tell me who said it," Williams added. "If somebody starts that rumor, [people are] going to believe it. So that's how it is. That's all rumor."

Sure it will get play. It supports a divided locker room.

Only to those who believe that fantasy.

The people who will speak on record say no such thing. If the rumor was that everyone loves Childress, you wouldn't believe one word of it. But because it's negative, you accept it as gospel.

=Z=

marstc09
11-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Zeus wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

MaxVike wrote:

singersp wrote:

MaxVike wrote:

Honestly, I don't care. I still hate my position coach from HS and my HC from college. I call piling on and Bull Shit by the press. I understand there are issues...but, how many people "liked" Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells, Vince Lombardi, George Halas...etc.! Don't mistake the comment/question to a comparison to those great coaches.

In fact, ask yourself, "do I like my CEO?" If the answer is no, do you not work hard when you go to work? Have some fucking pride Vikings...shut your mouths and play ball for US, the people that actually pay you.

Umm, what you are forgetting is respect.

Players may not always like their coach, but if the respect him & buy into what he's selling, they'll play for him.

Lombardi had a lot of players who didn't like him, but they sure as hell respected him.

That's the difference. Very few, if any, players actually respect him.

The brunt of what I'm hearing though, is what I've thought for years. Players are saying his football acumen is minimal. In other words, we have a HC knows literally jackshit about football, yet he's trying to teach it.

Thus the OL & it's scheme that they haven't been able to fix in 5 years for 1.

Birk knew it. That's why he left. Idiots shouldn't be teaching.

Winfield knew it.

Sharper knew it, but got blasted by fans here when he spoke up about it.

Moss knew it & Moss spoke up about it. Moss wanted out because of it.

Favre knows it also. Imagine a coach with limited football acumen trying to tell him how an offense should be run?

LOL!

I'm not forgetting respect. And, not gonna argue point by point. I just think this is bullshit. I guess I look at it like Jared Allen and Pat Williams do... http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/107353163.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUycaEacyU

Because this story SUPPORTS Childress, it won't get much play on PPO.


Big Pat Williams made it loud and clear he's not a big fan of unnamed sources during an otherwise quiet media access period inside the Vikings' locker room Thursday.

Asked about a Chicago Sun-Times article that cited six unnamed Vikings who said they wanted coach Brad Childress fired, the nose tackle didn't hold anything back.

"That's just all reports," he said. "Ain't no names. ... So I really don't pay no attention to that. That's all he-say, she-say stuff. They ain't going to put no names out there, so I don't know if it's true or not.

"That's like somebody [spreading a rumor about me], but they don't have to tell me who said it," Williams added. "If somebody starts that rumor, [people are] going to believe it. So that's how it is. That's all rumor."

Sure it will get play. It supports a divided locker room.

Only to those who believe that fantasy.

The people who will speak on record say no such thing. If the rumor was that everyone loves Childress, you wouldn't believe one word of it. But because it's negative, you accept it as gospel.

=Z=

The only fantasy is those who think there is no problem.

The ole nothing to come back with so you say "you wouldn't believe it if it was the other way around." Get some new material.

You must not have an understanding of reporting. If someone revealed their negative source they would never get a scoop again.

Zeus
11-12-2010, 11:39 AM
marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

MaxVike wrote:

singersp wrote:

MaxVike wrote:

Honestly, I don't care. I still hate my position coach from HS and my HC from college. I call piling on and Bull Shit by the press. I understand there are issues...but, how many people "liked" Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells, Vince Lombardi, George Halas...etc.! Don't mistake the comment/question to a comparison to those great coaches.

In fact, ask yourself, "do I like my CEO?" If the answer is no, do you not work hard when you go to work? Have some fucking pride Vikings...shut your mouths and play ball for US, the people that actually pay you.

Umm, what you are forgetting is respect.

Players may not always like their coach, but if the respect him & buy into what he's selling, they'll play for him.

Lombardi had a lot of players who didn't like him, but they sure as hell respected him.

That's the difference. Very few, if any, players actually respect him.

The brunt of what I'm hearing though, is what I've thought for years. Players are saying his football acumen is minimal. In other words, we have a HC knows literally jackshit about football, yet he's trying to teach it.

Thus the OL & it's scheme that they haven't been able to fix in 5 years for 1.

Birk knew it. That's why he left. Idiots shouldn't be teaching.

Winfield knew it.

Sharper knew it, but got blasted by fans here when he spoke up about it.

Moss knew it & Moss spoke up about it. Moss wanted out because of it.

Favre knows it also. Imagine a coach with limited football acumen trying to tell him how an offense should be run?

LOL!

I'm not forgetting respect. And, not gonna argue point by point. I just think this is bullshit. I guess I look at it like Jared Allen and Pat Williams do... http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/107353163.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUycaEacyU

Because this story SUPPORTS Childress, it won't get much play on PPO.


Big Pat Williams made it loud and clear he's not a big fan of unnamed sources during an otherwise quiet media access period inside the Vikings' locker room Thursday.

Asked about a Chicago Sun-Times article that cited six unnamed Vikings who said they wanted coach Brad Childress fired, the nose tackle didn't hold anything back.

"That's just all reports," he said. "Ain't no names. ... So I really don't pay no attention to that. That's all he-say, she-say stuff. They ain't going to put no names out there, so I don't know if it's true or not.

"That's like somebody [spreading a rumor about me], but they don't have to tell me who said it," Williams added. "If somebody starts that rumor, [people are] going to believe it. So that's how it is. That's all rumor."

Sure it will get play. It supports a divided locker room.

Only to those who believe that fantasy.

The people who will speak on record say no such thing. If the rumor was that everyone loves Childress, you wouldn't believe one word of it. But because it's negative, you accept it as gospel.

=Z=

The only fantasy is those who think there is no problem.

The ole nothing to come back with so you say "you wouldn't believe it if it was the other way around." Get some new material.

You must not have an understanding of reporting. If someone revealed their negative source they would never get a scoop again.

What I understand is two of the most respected voices in the locker room have spoken out in support of Childress and basically told the others to shut the fuck up.

=Z=

NodakPaul
11-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Zeus wrote:

What I understand is two of the most respected voices in the locker room have spoken out in support of Childress and basically told the others to shut the fuck up.

=Z=

That is pretty much what happened. And I am glad that it did. Not because I like Childress or want him around after this season - but because a lockerroom that doesn't support the head coach will have a tougher time winning than one that does. Williams and Allen did what leaders SHOULD do.

It is a pity that the locker room is in this state to begin with. For that I do put a lot of the blame on Childress.

tarkenton10
11-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Purple Floyd wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

6 Minnesota Vikings Want Brad Childress Fired, Who Could It Be?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/515046-report-6-vikings-want-brad-childress-fired-who-could-it-be?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=br_vikings#page/2

My guess-

Allen
Favre
Harvin
Hutch
Winfield
Williams

I would replace Favre with Berrian. Not that I think Favre likes the guy but I don't think he would give any indications of that to a reporter. he is smarter than that, he has enough trouble right now with Sterger.

delviking
11-12-2010, 02:22 PM
no named sources and two of the most repected Vets on the team say they dont listen to it and its rubish.

Plus its from a chicago paper the week we play them for the first time seems fishy to me.

does all the players like the chilly of course not but to quote chilly in a press conference recently "You play for your brother to your left and right."

slavinator
11-12-2010, 02:50 PM
I love it that Sid got all defensive about it as well. I also love it that Jared and Pat came out and squashed this story too. Theismann last night called the unnamed players gutless as well.

The win last week, a little fire and brimstone from Vets and media guys alike, could ignite a second half run!

Skol!~

Formo
11-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Williams also was asked about former teammate Chester Taylor, now the Bears' backup running back.

"I don't care about no Chester," he said. "He's not on our team, so I really don't care about him. If you aren't on the Vikings, I don't care about you. ... That's how I roll. Chester don't even start, so we don't worry about him right now. He's the backup, so we're going to try and put the other back out and put Chester in there."

Best part of the article. I love me Phat Pat!

PurpleGator
11-12-2010, 04:39 PM
marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

MaxVike wrote:

singersp wrote:

MaxVike wrote:

Honestly, I don't care. I still hate my position coach from HS and my HC from college. I call piling on and Bull Shit by the press. I understand there are issues...but, how many people "liked" Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells, Vince Lombardi, George Halas...etc.! Don't mistake the comment/question to a comparison to those great coaches.

In fact, ask yourself, "do I like my CEO?" If the answer is no, do you not work hard when you go to work? Have some fucking pride Vikings...shut your mouths and play ball for US, the people that actually pay you.

Umm, what you are forgetting is respect.

Players may not always like their coach, but if the respect him & buy into what he's selling, they'll play for him.

Lombardi had a lot of players who didn't like him, but they sure as hell respected him.

That's the difference. Very few, if any, players actually respect him.

The brunt of what I'm hearing though, is what I've thought for years. Players are saying his football acumen is minimal. In other words, we have a HC knows literally jackshit about football, yet he's trying to teach it.

Thus the OL & it's scheme that they haven't been able to fix in 5 years for 1.

Birk knew it. That's why he left. Idiots shouldn't be teaching.

Winfield knew it.

Sharper knew it, but got blasted by fans here when he spoke up about it.

Moss knew it & Moss spoke up about it. Moss wanted out because of it.

Favre knows it also. Imagine a coach with limited football acumen trying to tell him how an offense should be run?

LOL!

I'm not forgetting respect. And, not gonna argue point by point. I just think this is bullshit. I guess I look at it like Jared Allen and Pat Williams do... http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/107353163.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUycaEacyU

Because this story SUPPORTS Childress, it won't get much play on PPO.


Big Pat Williams made it loud and clear he's not a big fan of unnamed sources during an otherwise quiet media access period inside the Vikings' locker room Thursday.

Asked about a Chicago Sun-Times article that cited six unnamed Vikings who said they wanted coach Brad Childress fired, the nose tackle didn't hold anything back.

"That's just all reports," he said. "Ain't no names. ... So I really don't pay no attention to that. That's all he-say, she-say stuff. They ain't going to put no names out there, so I don't know if it's true or not.

"That's like somebody [spreading a rumor about me], but they don't have to tell me who said it," Williams added. "If somebody starts that rumor, [people are] going to believe it. So that's how it is. That's all rumor."

Sure it will get play. It supports a divided locker room.

Only to those who believe that fantasy.

The people who will speak on record say no such thing. If the rumor was that everyone loves Childress, you wouldn't believe one word of it. But because it's negative, you accept it as gospel.

=Z=

The only fantasy is those who think there is no problem.

The ole nothing to come back with so you say "you wouldn't believe it if it was the other way around." Get some new material.

You must not have an understanding of reporting. If someone revealed their negative source they would never get a scoop again.

Max Vike has got my vote!

MaxVike
11-13-2010, 08:30 AM
PurpleGator wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

MaxVike wrote:

singersp wrote:

MaxVike wrote:

Honestly, I don't care. I still hate my position coach from HS and my HC from college. I call piling on and Bull Shit by the press. I understand there are issues...but, how many people "liked" Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells, Vince Lombardi, George Halas...etc.! Don't mistake the comment/question to a comparison to those great coaches.

In fact, ask yourself, "do I like my CEO?" If the answer is no, do you not work hard when you go to work? Have some fucking pride Vikings...shut your mouths and play ball for US, the people that actually pay you.

Umm, what you are forgetting is respect.

Players may not always like their coach, but if the respect him & buy into what he's selling, they'll play for him.

Lombardi had a lot of players who didn't like him, but they sure as hell respected him.

That's the difference. Very few, if any, players actually respect him.

The brunt of what I'm hearing though, is what I've thought for years. Players are saying his football acumen is minimal. In other words, we have a HC knows literally jackshit about football, yet he's trying to teach it.

Thus the OL & it's scheme that they haven't been able to fix in 5 years for 1.

Birk knew it. That's why he left. Idiots shouldn't be teaching.

Winfield knew it.

Sharper knew it, but got blasted by fans here when he spoke up about it.

Moss knew it & Moss spoke up about it. Moss wanted out because of it.

Favre knows it also. Imagine a coach with limited football acumen trying to tell him how an offense should be run?

LOL!

I'm not forgetting respect. And, not gonna argue point by point. I just think this is bullshit. I guess I look at it like Jared Allen and Pat Williams do... http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/107353163.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUycaEacyU

Because this story SUPPORTS Childress, it won't get much play on PPO.


Big Pat Williams made it loud and clear he's not a big fan of unnamed sources during an otherwise quiet media access period inside the Vikings' locker room Thursday.

Asked about a Chicago Sun-Times article that cited six unnamed Vikings who said they wanted coach Brad Childress fired, the nose tackle didn't hold anything back.

"That's just all reports," he said. "Ain't no names. ... So I really don't pay no attention to that. That's all he-say, she-say stuff. They ain't going to put no names out there, so I don't know if it's true or not.

"That's like somebody [spreading a rumor about me], but they don't have to tell me who said it," Williams added. "If somebody starts that rumor, [people are] going to believe it. So that's how it is. That's all rumor."

Sure it will get play. It supports a divided locker room.

Only to those who believe that fantasy.

The people who will speak on record say no such thing. If the rumor was that everyone loves Childress, you wouldn't believe one word of it. But because it's negative, you accept it as gospel.

=Z=

The only fantasy is those who think there is no problem.

The ole nothing to come back with so you say "you wouldn't believe it if it was the other way around." Get some new material.

You must not have an understanding of reporting. If someone revealed their negative source they would never get a scoop again.

Max Vike has got my vote!

Thanks my friend. Can't have a divided PP.O ;)

PurpleTide
11-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Maybe the team will pull it together, after the vets speak, and suck it up for a big win in Chicago, and a winning streak down the stretch putting us back in the hunt.

Caine
11-13-2010, 02:05 PM
Zeus wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

MaxVike wrote:

singersp wrote:

MaxVike wrote:

Honestly, I don't care. I still hate my position coach from HS and my HC from college. I call piling on and Bull Shit by the press. I understand there are issues...but, how many people "liked" Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells, Vince Lombardi, George Halas...etc.! Don't mistake the comment/question to a comparison to those great coaches.

In fact, ask yourself, "do I like my CEO?" If the answer is no, do you not work hard when you go to work? Have some fucking pride Vikings...shut your mouths and play ball for US, the people that actually pay you.

Umm, what you are forgetting is respect.

Players may not always like their coach, but if the respect him & buy into what he's selling, they'll play for him.

Lombardi had a lot of players who didn't like him, but they sure as hell respected him.

That's the difference. Very few, if any, players actually respect him.

The brunt of what I'm hearing though, is what I've thought for years. Players are saying his football acumen is minimal. In other words, we have a HC knows literally jackshit about football, yet he's trying to teach it.

Thus the OL & it's scheme that they haven't been able to fix in 5 years for 1.

Birk knew it. That's why he left. Idiots shouldn't be teaching.

Winfield knew it.

Sharper knew it, but got blasted by fans here when he spoke up about it.

Moss knew it & Moss spoke up about it. Moss wanted out because of it.

Favre knows it also. Imagine a coach with limited football acumen trying to tell him how an offense should be run?

LOL!

I'm not forgetting respect. And, not gonna argue point by point. I just think this is bullshit. I guess I look at it like Jared Allen and Pat Williams do... http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/107353163.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUycaEacyU

Because this story SUPPORTS Childress, it won't get much play on PPO.


Big Pat Williams made it loud and clear he's not a big fan of unnamed sources during an otherwise quiet media access period inside the Vikings' locker room Thursday.

Asked about a Chicago Sun-Times article that cited six unnamed Vikings who said they wanted coach Brad Childress fired, the nose tackle didn't hold anything back.

"That's just all reports," he said. "Ain't no names. ... So I really don't pay no attention to that. That's all he-say, she-say stuff. They ain't going to put no names out there, so I don't know if it's true or not.

"That's like somebody [spreading a rumor about me], but they don't have to tell me who said it," Williams added. "If somebody starts that rumor, [people are] going to believe it. So that's how it is. That's all rumor."

Sure it will get play. It supports a divided locker room.

Only to those who believe that fantasy.

The people who will speak on record say no such thing. If the rumor was that everyone loves Childress, you wouldn't believe one word of it. But because it's negative, you accept it as gospel.

=Z=

The only fantasy is those who think there is no problem.

The ole nothing to come back with so you say "you wouldn't believe it if it was the other way around." Get some new material.

You must not have an understanding of reporting. If someone revealed their negative source they would never get a scoop again.

What I understand is two of the most respected voices in the locker room have spoken out in support of Childress and basically told the others to shut the fuck up.

=Z=

Phat Pat said he has Chiller's back...but Allen didn't say he supported Chiller. He said it was simply rumors, and that it was meaningless. He also stated that some things should stay in-house.

But Mars is correct, the "Critics' have to stay anonymous....unless they want to wind up cut. This is exactly what I said when Zygi was interviewing players...no one will ever speak out "On the Record" until Chiller is gone...and even then they won't - if they're smart.

Caine

Traveling_Vike
11-13-2010, 06:48 PM
Exactly right, Caine. The guys can't say what they really feel, for fear of reprisal. And they should be afraid. We've witnessed it several times already.

This is why I get so angry at the talking heads who called our guys cowards for not speaking on the record. Bruschi and Theisman in particular were quite loud about it.

Get real, idiots. Nobody is going to come out in public when their job is on the line.

It's true that anonymous "quotes" need to be taken with a grain of salt, but I'd much rather hear them speak out that way than not at all.

Oh, and I'd have to think that the Chicago media is somewhat responsible for this, as well. I'm sure that the players didn't go to them and volunteer these quotes. The interviewer must have told them, "I'll keep your names out of it, but I want to know how you really feel."

So I don't blame the players at all. As long as they keep playing hard.

singersp
11-13-2010, 07:27 PM
Traveling_Vike wrote:

Exactly right, Caine. The guys can't say what they really feel, for fear of reprisal. And they should be afraid. We've witnessed it several times already.

This is why I get so angry at the talking heads who called our guys cowards for not speaking on the record. Bruschi and Theisman in particular were quite loud about it.

Get real, idiots. Nobody is going to come out in public when their job is on the line.

It's true that anonymous "quotes" need to be taken with a grain of salt, but I'd much rather hear them speak out that way than not at all.

Oh, and I'd have to think that the Chicago media is somewhat responsible for this, as well. I'm sure that the players didn't go to them and volunteer these quotes. The interviewer must have told them, "I'll keep your names out of it, but I want to know how you really feel."

So I don't blame the players at all. As long as they keep playing hard.

Correct.

This is why you don't here players speak out about their team or coaches until after they have gone to another team.

Also what Zeus & others are not recognizing is that "I got your back" & liking a coach are two different things.

"I got your back" means as long as your head coach, I have a job to do & that is to play for you whether I personally like you or your coaching techniques or not.

Just because the public doesn't know who the 6 are doesn't mean the writer doesn't know or that Childress doesn't know. It simply means they don't want the public to know. They may have or may not have told Childress how they feel. I'm sure they told Wilf how they feel in the personal interviews.

If I was a player, I probably wouldn't mind telling him what I thought about his coaching face to face with him, but I wouldn't want the public to know since a day might come I'd might be testing FA & looking for work with another team.

Caine
11-13-2010, 07:34 PM
singersp wrote:

Traveling_Vike wrote:

Exactly right, Caine. The guys can't say what they really feel, for fear of reprisal. And they should be afraid. We've witnessed it several times already.

This is why I get so angry at the talking heads who called our guys cowards for not speaking on the record. Bruschi and Theisman in particular were quite loud about it.

Get real, idiots. Nobody is going to come out in public when their job is on the line.

It's true that anonymous "quotes" need to be taken with a grain of salt, but I'd much rather hear them speak out that way than not at all.

Oh, and I'd have to think that the Chicago media is somewhat responsible for this, as well. I'm sure that the players didn't go to them and volunteer these quotes. The interviewer must have told them, "I'll keep your names out of it, but I want to know how you really feel."

So I don't blame the players at all. As long as they keep playing hard.

Correct.

This is why you don't here players speak out about their team or coaches until after they have gone to another team.

Also what Zeus & others are not recognizing is that "I got your back" & liking a coach are two different things.

"I got your back" means as long as your head coach, I have a job to do & that is to play for you whether I personally like you or your coaching techniques or not.

Just because the public doesn't know who the 6 are doesn't mean the writer doesn't know or that Childress doesn't know. It simply means they don't want the public to know. They may have or may not have told Childress how they feel. I'm sure they told Wilf how they feel in the personal interviews.

If I was a player, I probably wouldn't mind telling him what I thought about his coaching face to face with him, but I wouldn't want the public to know since a day might come I'd might be testing FA & looking for work with another team.

I'm calling "shenanigans" on that bit right there. You would not ball up and tell Chiller off if you were a player...and neither would I. Not if we had any hope of staying on the roster.

Caine

singersp
11-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Caine wrote:

Zeus wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

MaxVike wrote:

singersp wrote:

MaxVike wrote:

Honestly, I don't care. I still hate my position coach from HS and my HC from college. I call piling on and Bull Shit by the press. I understand there are issues...but, how many people "liked" Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells, Vince Lombardi, George Halas...etc.! Don't mistake the comment/question to a comparison to those great coaches.

In fact, ask yourself, "do I like my CEO?" If the answer is no, do you not work hard when you go to work? Have some fucking pride Vikings...shut your mouths and play ball for US, the people that actually pay you.

Umm, what you are forgetting is respect.

Players may not always like their coach, but if the respect him & buy into what he's selling, they'll play for him.

Lombardi had a lot of players who didn't like him, but they sure as hell respected him.

That's the difference. Very few, if any, players actually respect him.

The brunt of what I'm hearing though, is what I've thought for years. Players are saying his football acumen is minimal. In other words, we have a HC knows literally jackshit about football, yet he's trying to teach it.

Thus the OL & it's scheme that they haven't been able to fix in 5 years for 1.

Birk knew it. That's why he left. Idiots shouldn't be teaching.

Winfield knew it.

Sharper knew it, but got blasted by fans here when he spoke up about it.

Moss knew it & Moss spoke up about it. Moss wanted out because of it.

Favre knows it also. Imagine a coach with limited football acumen trying to tell him how an offense should be run?

LOL!

I'm not forgetting respect. And, not gonna argue point by point. I just think this is bullshit. I guess I look at it like Jared Allen and Pat Williams do... http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/107353163.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUycaEacyU

Because this story SUPPORTS Childress, it won't get much play on PPO.


Big Pat Williams made it loud and clear he's not a big fan of unnamed sources during an otherwise quiet media access period inside the Vikings' locker room Thursday.

Asked about a Chicago Sun-Times article that cited six unnamed Vikings who said they wanted coach Brad Childress fired, the nose tackle didn't hold anything back.

"That's just all reports," he said. "Ain't no names. ... So I really don't pay no attention to that. That's all he-say, she-say stuff. They ain't going to put no names out there, so I don't know if it's true or not.

"That's like somebody [spreading a rumor about me], but they don't have to tell me who said it," Williams added. "If somebody starts that rumor, [people are] going to believe it. So that's how it is. That's all rumor."

Sure it will get play. It supports a divided locker room.

Only to those who believe that fantasy.

The people who will speak on record say no such thing. If the rumor was that everyone loves Childress, you wouldn't believe one word of it. But because it's negative, you accept it as gospel.

=Z=

The only fantasy is those who think there is no problem.

The ole nothing to come back with so you say "you wouldn't believe it if it was the other way around." Get some new material.

You must not have an understanding of reporting. If someone revealed their negative source they would never get a scoop again.

What I understand is two of the most respected voices in the locker room have spoken out in support of Childress and basically told the others to shut the fuck up.

=Z=

Phat Pat said he has Chiller's back...but Allen didn't say he supported Chiller. He said it was simply rumors, and that it was meaningless. He also stated that some things should stay in-house.

But Mars is correct, the "Critics' have to stay anonymous....unless they want to wind up cut. This is exactly what I said when Zygi was interviewing players...no one will ever speak out "On the Record" until Chiller is gone...and even then they won't - if they're smart.

Caine

We all know but may have forgotten what happened to Marcus Robinson.

I'm 100% confident that Moss had Childress pegged to a "T". He could afford to be quite open & public about it. Other players aren't as fortunate.

While Childress should be learning from one of historys best QB's, instead he's trying to tell him how to play.

marstc09
11-13-2010, 07:39 PM
delviking wrote:

Plus its from a chicago paper the week we play them for the first time seems fishy to me.


Sean Jensen was a reporter in Minneapolis. I don't think he would do them like that.

marstc09
11-13-2010, 07:45 PM
Traveling_Vike wrote:


Oh, and I'd have to think that the Chicago media is somewhat responsible for this, as well. I'm sure that the players didn't go to them and volunteer these quotes. The interviewer must have told them, "I'll keep your names out of it, but I want to know how you really feel."
.

Sean also has relationships with these guys from being involved with the Pioneer Press.

singersp
11-13-2010, 08:12 PM
marstc09 wrote:

delviking wrote:

Plus its from a chicago paper the week we play them for the first time seems fishy to me.


Sean Jensen was a reporter in Minneapolis. I don't think he would do them like that.

+1

Yep. His job in Chicago includes covering the Vikings the same way he always did up in Minneapolis.

Traveling_Vike
11-13-2010, 11:58 PM
singersp wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

delviking wrote:

Plus its from a chicago paper the week we play them for the first time seems fishy to me.


Sean Jensen was a reporter in Minneapolis. I don't think he would do them like that.

+1

Yep. His job in Chicago includes covering the Vikings the same way he always did up in Minneapolis.

Point taken. I'm not a native, so I don't know the situation up there, but it makes sense. The guys would be more willing to talk "off the record" with someone who has been on the Vikings beat for a long time.

Chazz
11-14-2010, 11:45 AM
singersp wrote:

Caine wrote:

Zeus wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

MaxVike wrote:

singersp wrote:

MaxVike wrote:

Honestly, I don't care. I still hate my position coach from HS and my HC from college. I call piling on and Bull Shit by the press. I understand there are issues...but, how many people "liked" Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells, Vince Lombardi, George Halas...etc.! Don't mistake the comment/question to a comparison to those great coaches.

In fact, ask yourself, "do I like my CEO?" If the answer is no, do you not work hard when you go to work? Have some fucking pride Vikings...shut your mouths and play ball for US, the people that actually pay you.

Umm, what you are forgetting is respect.

Players may not always like their coach, but if the respect him & buy into what he's selling, they'll play for him.

Lombardi had a lot of players who didn't like him, but they sure as hell respected him.

That's the difference. Very few, if any, players actually respect him.

The brunt of what I'm hearing though, is what I've thought for years. Players are saying his football acumen is minimal. In other words, we have a HC knows literally jackshit about football, yet he's trying to teach it.

Thus the OL & it's scheme that they haven't been able to fix in 5 years for 1.

Birk knew it. That's why he left. Idiots shouldn't be teaching.

Winfield knew it.

Sharper knew it, but got blasted by fans here when he spoke up about it.

Moss knew it & Moss spoke up about it. Moss wanted out because of it.

Favre knows it also. Imagine a coach with limited football acumen trying to tell him how an offense should be run?

LOL!

I'm not forgetting respect. And, not gonna argue point by point. I just think this is bullshit. I guess I look at it like Jared Allen and Pat Williams do... http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/107353163.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUycaEacyU

Because this story SUPPORTS Childress, it won't get much play on PPO.


Big Pat Williams made it loud and clear he's not a big fan of unnamed sources during an otherwise quiet media access period inside the Vikings' locker room Thursday.

Asked about a Chicago Sun-Times article that cited six unnamed Vikings who said they wanted coach Brad Childress fired, the nose tackle didn't hold anything back.

"That's just all reports," he said. "Ain't no names. ... So I really don't pay no attention to that. That's all he-say, she-say stuff. They ain't going to put no names out there, so I don't know if it's true or not.

"That's like somebody [spreading a rumor about me], but they don't have to tell me who said it," Williams added. "If somebody starts that rumor, [people are] going to believe it. So that's how it is. That's all rumor."

Sure it will get play. It supports a divided locker room.

Only to those who believe that fantasy.

The people who will speak on record say no such thing. If the rumor was that everyone loves Childress, you wouldn't believe one word of it. But because it's negative, you accept it as gospel.

=Z=

The only fantasy is those who think there is no problem.

The ole nothing to come back with so you say "you wouldn't believe it if it was the other way around." Get some new material.

You must not have an understanding of reporting. If someone revealed their negative source they would never get a scoop again.

What I understand is two of the most respected voices in the locker room have spoken out in support of Childress and basically told the others to shut the fuck up.

=Z=

Phat Pat said he has Chiller's back...but Allen didn't say he supported Chiller. He said it was simply rumors, and that it was meaningless. He also stated that some things should stay in-house.

But Mars is correct, the "Critics' have to stay anonymous....unless they want to wind up cut. This is exactly what I said when Zygi was interviewing players...no one will ever speak out "On the Record" until Chiller is gone...and even then they won't - if they're smart.

Caine

We all know but may have forgotten what happened to Marcus Robinson.

I'm 100% confident that Moss had Childress pegged to a "T". He could afford to be quite open & public about it. Other players aren't as fortunate.

While Childress should be learning from one of historys best QB's, instead he's trying to tell him how to play.



Damn...never thought I'd see the day that Singer would have Favre's back. :) I guess people can change.

12purplepride28
11-14-2010, 06:46 PM
new article should say "53 unnamed players 'hate' Childress"

jargomcfargo
11-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Who are the six?
Probably the six Zigi talked to last week.

Does it really matter?

A lot of players and coaches need to be finding new jobs soon.
That seems kinda sad. You'd think they could have found a way to make things work.

Several of those players who want to see Childress gone, will be gone themselves; and rightfully so.

Marrdro
11-15-2010, 09:41 AM
Anyone watch the national broadcast of the game?

Fox team said that every player they talked to said that there is not rift in the locker room.

The only ones still covering this is ESPN (go figure, they work for the mouse) and the yutz who won't give any sources.

Regardless, as someone said, I hated all of my coaches, except our track coach. He was cool. They all forced me to play the game the way they wanted me to. Go figure huh.

I am sure, based on what all the analysts that used to be players and Coaches have said. It isn't necessary for a player to like his coach. In most cases they don't.

As Herm said, in most cases, the coach doesn't like the player either and yet, teams still function.

For me, I'm gonna take the side of the fence that the Goose was on yesterday. I am sure the players are gonna be more open with a cat like him than some newspaper hack from Chicago, or the Disney channel for that matter.

tarkenton10
11-15-2010, 01:33 PM
12purplepride28 wrote:

new article should say "53 unnamed players 'hate' Childress"

You forgot aobut the practice squad!! Wouldn't that make it 58?

Flidais
11-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Zeus wrote:


Big Pat Williams made it loud and clear he's not a big fan of unnamed sources during an otherwise quiet media access period inside the Vikings' locker room Thursday.

Asked about a Chicago Sun-Times article that cited six unnamed Vikings who said they wanted coach Brad Childress fired, the nose tackle didn't hold anything back.

"That's just all reports," he said. "Ain't no names. ... So I really don't pay no attention to that. That's all he-say, she-say stuff. They ain't going to put no names out there, so I don't know if it's true or not.

"That's like somebody [spreading a rumor about me], but they don't have to tell me who said it," Williams added. "If somebody starts that rumor, [people are] going to believe it. So that's how it is. That's all rumor."
What I understand is two of the most respected voices in the locker room have spoken out in support of Childress and basically told the others to shut the fuck up.

=Z=
Perhaps itís just the spin doctor in me, but Iím not so sure I actually see support in what Pat Williams is saying. I see him saying that unnamed sources canít be trusted, but I donít see any direct statement about how the locker room or even how he, Pat Williams, feels about Childress. If he supports Childress, why not just say so? Itís a stance that would be respected by most - even if not agreed with - because itís the high road and we all know Patís not exactly shy.

Caine wrote:

Phat Pat said he has Chiller's back...
And Pat did say thatÖ in 2006Ö according to Childress:

Childress then described his first meeting with Williams back in 2006.
"Pat said to me, 'I've got your back, Coach,'" Childress said. "I didn't know who it was. ... Then you find out who that guy is. He's one of our strong guys in the locker room, from experience, from the position he plays. He's a good man."
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/107353163.html?page=1&c=y

Forgive me for singling you out Caine. I know you're on the opposite side of the argument than what I'm making you appear to be saying. It was brought up a few other times in the post, you were just the most aesthetically pleasing one to quote.

I just think the players are dancing around the subject. After all, if Pat likes or dislikes someone he usually has no problem saying it.

"I don't care about no Chester," he said. "He's not on our team, so I really don't care about him. If you aren't on the Vikings, I don't care about you. ... That's how I roll.

"I love Tice. I ain't got no problem with Tice. He was my head coach, and I ain't got no problem. Me and Tice are cool. I still love Tice. He's a good offensive line coach." Ö "At the end of the day, Tice respected his players. He talked to us man to man. He's a players' coach. He got a problem, he talk to you about it in private." Ö"I always love seeing Tice," he said. "He brought me here, and he opened his arms."
http://www.twincities.com/ci_16589168?IADID=Search-www.twincities.com-www.twincities.com&nclick_check=1

I guess I donít know. Everyone views what they read through the lenses of their own experiences, but from where Iím sitting our veteran leader Pat Williams said that unnamed sources are unreliable; that he doesnít care about anyone if they arenít on the Vikings; that he loves Mike Tice, who respected his players. Nothing about having Childressís back; nothing about the locker room being united behind their coach; nothing even about how he himself appreciates Childressís good qualities. Itís not exactly a ringing endorsement.

I suppose Childress can always take solace in the fact that Pat didnít say ďTice respected his players, unlike our current jackass of a coach.Ē

marstc09
11-15-2010, 07:51 PM
Marrdro wrote:


For me, I'm gonna take the side of the fence that the Goose was on yesterday. I am sure the players are gonna be more open with a cat like him than some newspaper hack from Chicago, or the Disney channel for that matter.

What are you basing that on? That newspaper hack was from Minneapolis who had a relationship with players. Goose is a fat ass on TV. Yes he is so credible.

Johnson14
11-16-2010, 06:08 AM
12purplepride28 wrote:

new article should say "53 unnamed players 'hate' Childress"

haha.. :laugh:

Purple Floyd
11-16-2010, 06:55 AM
Marrdro wrote:

Anyone watch the national broadcast of the game?

Fox team said that every player they talked to said that there is not rift in the locker room.

The only ones still covering this is ESPN (go figure, they work for the mouse) and the yutz who won't give any sources.

Regardless, as someone said, I hated all of my coaches, except our track coach. He was cool. They all forced me to play the game the way they wanted me to. Go figure huh.

I am sure, based on what all the analysts that used to be players and Coaches have said. It isn't necessary for a player to like his coach. In most cases they don't.

As Herm said, in most cases, the coach doesn't like the player either and yet, teams still function.

For me, I'm gonna take the side of the fence that the Goose was on yesterday. I am sure the players are gonna be more open with a cat like him than some newspaper hack from Chicago, or the Disney channel for that matter.

You have to take that stance because anything else will dismantle your whole philosophy of the coach and what he has been doing the past 5 years so i don't blame you.

But then again you are still wrong. :woohoo:

VikingMike
11-16-2010, 09:51 AM
I don't put much credence into the Bleacher Reports, but it is very difficult to argue with this guy's analysis. Favre's playing hurt, and some prima donnas are not willing to play in arguably the biggest game of this season to this point? I don't really care if Favre made Rice, or vice versa, we needed Rice and, yes, Berrian on the field against the Bears in this critical game. And if they didn't play because of ANY selfish reason, to hell with them.

Minnesota Vikings Especially Sidney Rice and Bernard Berrian Quit on Brett Favre (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/519044-minnesota-vikings-especially-sidney-rice-and-bernard-berrian-quit-on-brett-favre?utm_campaign=buzztap&utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter)

Chazz
11-16-2010, 03:57 PM
VikingMike wrote:

I don't put much credence into the Bleacher Reports, but it is very difficult to argue with this guy's analysis. Favre's playing hurt, and some prima donnas are not willing to play in arguably the biggest game of this season to this point? I don't really care if Favre made Rice, or vice versa, we needed Rice and, yes, Berrian on the field against the Bears in this critical game. And if they didn't play because of ANY selfish reason, to hell with them.

Minnesota Vikings Especially Sidney Rice and Bernard Berrian Quit on Brett Favre (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/519044-minnesota-vikings-especially-sidney-rice-and-bernard-berrian-quit-on-brett-favre?utm_campaign=buzztap&utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter)


I couldn't agree more...Sidney Rice quit on us well before the Bear's game...he quit on us in the championship game. I'm convinced that he sold out in the Saints game. All the respect I gained from him last year is long gone, and I'm not sure if it will ever be back.

tastywaves
11-16-2010, 04:51 PM
VikingMike wrote:

I don't put much credence into the Bleacher Reports, but it is very difficult to argue with this guy's analysis. Favre's playing hurt, and some prima donnas are not willing to play in arguably the biggest game of this season to this point? I don't really care if Favre made Rice, or vice versa, we needed Rice and, yes, Berrian on the field against the Bears in this critical game. And if they didn't play because of ANY selfish reason, to hell with them.

Minnesota Vikings Especially Sidney Rice and Bernard Berrian Quit on Brett Favre (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/519044-minnesota-vikings-especially-sidney-rice-and-bernard-berrian-quit-on-brett-favre?utm_campaign=buzztap&utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter)

I wasn't real happy to see Rice, Berrian and Harvin yucking it up on the sidelines when we were getting our asses pummeled. Berrian looked especially smug sitting on the bench all nice and cozy.

Marrdro
11-17-2010, 09:47 AM
marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:


For me, I'm gonna take the side of the fence that the Goose was on yesterday. I am sure the players are gonna be more open with a cat like him than some newspaper hack from Chicago, or the Disney channel for that matter.

What are you basing that on? That newspaper hack was from Minneapolis who had a relationship with players. Goose is a fat ass on TV. Yes he is so credible.
Fat ass on TV, agree, but he was a player, nonetheless and a player that garnered alot of respect around the league when he played.

If the Noodle told him (He quoted the Noodle and a couple of other players) that no one in the locker was saying they hated the Chiller, then I believe him, atleast before I would believe a sports hack from Chicago.

Again, every announcer that did the game, said they talked with almost every player in the locker room. They reported that the Vikings locker room is very tight and alot of discussions are held openly in it and none of them had heard anything from any player that said they hated the Chiller.

Marrdro
11-17-2010, 10:00 AM
Purple Floyd wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Anyone watch the national broadcast of the game?

Fox team said that every player they talked to said that there is not rift in the locker room.

The only ones still covering this is ESPN (go figure, they work for the mouse) and the yutz who won't give any sources.

Regardless, as someone said, I hated all of my coaches, except our track coach. He was cool. They all forced me to play the game the way they wanted me to. Go figure huh.

I am sure, based on what all the analysts that used to be players and Coaches have said. It isn't necessary for a player to like his coach. In most cases they don't.

As Herm said, in most cases, the coach doesn't like the player either and yet, teams still function.

For me, I'm gonna take the side of the fence that the Goose was on yesterday. I am sure the players are gonna be more open with a cat like him than some newspaper hack from Chicago, or the Disney channel for that matter.

You have to take that stance because anything else will dismantle your whole philosophy of the coach and what he has been doing the past 5 years so i don't blame you.

But then again you are still wrong. :woohoo:
What philosphy?

Sounds like you think I'm some sort of Chiller supporter and have always been.

Truth of the matter is, I've been against the Chiller more than I have been a supporter, just so happens that I'm on his bandwagon of late.

Still dislike how he holds camp and how he gets a team ready. (Sorry Prophet, I know I promised not to get on that soapbox again)

Long story short, I believe a team can only be successful in this league if they have stability at the top.

Currently we have a HC that has demonstrated the ability to improve a team each year to the point that his team made it to the NFFC game and was one stupid throw away from making it to the SB.

Changing that cat out will do nothing but make us start all over again. The new cat will come in, bring in new assistants that he was buds with when he got fired the last time along with a whole bunch of has been players that are familiar with his scheme.

We will be forced to watch a team go 6-10, 8-8, 10-6 etc etc etc over the next 3 years as they rebuild something that really doesn't need to be rebuilt.

Don't get me wrong, I was happy the Chiller gutted the team even though I was unhappy to see Denny gut it. It had to be done. The 2005 Vikes were a mess and had very little talent on it at all.

The current team is loaded with talent and even though it appears we are gonna have a bad year (remember the thread I did on teams that failed in thier respected Championship games), it was expected, especially when you consider the move we made at QB, the loss of our starting C for a good portion of the season, not to mention the loss of our best WR.

Add into that mix the little issue related to the whole CAP issue and the obvious effect it is having league wide when it comes to all the players that were tendered by the cheap assed owners instead of paying them, thus ensuring they would play this year.

Again, not sure what you believe my philosphy is to maintain some sort of semblence of stability at the HC'ing position cause it the best thing to do, even though the HC does a few things I dislike, then yes.

I guess I will have to say that so that my whole philosphy
isn't blown out of the water.

But I digress........Back to my intial questions.......

What philosphy? :huh:

marstc09
11-18-2010, 07:49 PM
Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:


For me, I'm gonna take the side of the fence that the Goose was on yesterday. I am sure the players are gonna be more open with a cat like him than some newspaper hack from Chicago, or the Disney channel for that matter.

What are you basing that on? That newspaper hack was from Minneapolis who had a relationship with players. Goose is a fat ass on TV. Yes he is so credible.
Fat ass on TV, agree, but he was a player, nonetheless and a player that garnered alot of respect around the league when he played.

If the Noodle told him (He quoted the Noodle and a couple of other players) that no one in the locker was saying they hated the Chiller, then I believe him, atleast before I would believe a sports hack from Chicago.

Again, every announcer that did the game, said they talked with almost every player in the locker room. They reported that the Vikings locker room is very tight and alot of discussions are held openly in it and none of them had heard anything from any player that said they hated the Chiller.

Kfan was dogging his ass Monday for all the stupid shit he said. You trust him if you want but I will go with the guys from the local area who actually are around these guys everyday. Mike Morris is VERY respected in Viking land. He basically said he was an idiot on Monday.

Marrdro
11-19-2010, 09:27 AM
marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:


For me, I'm gonna take the side of the fence that the Goose was on yesterday. I am sure the players are gonna be more open with a cat like him than some newspaper hack from Chicago, or the Disney channel for that matter.

What are you basing that on? That newspaper hack was from Minneapolis who had a relationship with players. Goose is a fat ass on TV. Yes he is so credible.
Fat ass on TV, agree, but he was a player, nonetheless and a player that garnered alot of respect around the league when he played.

If the Noodle told him (He quoted the Noodle and a couple of other players) that no one in the locker was saying they hated the Chiller, then I believe him, atleast before I would believe a sports hack from Chicago.

Again, every announcer that did the game, said they talked with almost every player in the locker room. They reported that the Vikings locker room is very tight and alot of discussions are held openly in it and none of them had heard anything from any player that said they hated the Chiller.

Kfan was dogging his ass Monday for all the stupid shit he said. You trust him if you want but I will go with the guys from the local area who actually are around these guys everyday. Mike Morris is VERY respected in Viking land. He basically said he was an idiot on Monday.
I think you have a "Noodle Love" for Morris. LOL.

Of course he (Morris) said he (Goose) was an idiot. He (Goose) basically quoted the players and said that guys like Morris and the sports hacks spewing for the drivel that the mindless masses were buying into were all idiots.

Once someone calls someone an idiot, the next step is for said idiot to reply with, "No he's the idiot".

Again, one more time for possible penetration...........

All the players interviewed told goose that no one has said that the article was all made up and that most agreed with Phat Pats comments that the author of the article made it all up cause none of them had heard anything like that said in the locker room. Not one (count, not one) of the players refuted what the Goose said.

In fact, the only ones who refuted what the Goose said were the idiots who were spewing forth the drivel and the fans who bought into that drivel.

Go figure huh. ;) :P ;)

Traveling_Vike
11-19-2010, 01:48 PM
Marrdro wrote:


Once someone calls someone an idiot, the next step is for said idiot to reply with, "No he's the idiot".

And usually, both of them are right.

I'm fairly certain that the truth lies somewhere in between, as it most often does. Everyone tries to slant the argument in their own favor, using selective information. That's just human nature.

Some players support Childress, others do not, but I find it highly unlikely that such a trivial matter would really cause any significant locker room division. The guys are still going to go out there and play together. They know that the Coach's fate is out of their hands in any case.

marstc09
11-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:


For me, I'm gonna take the side of the fence that the Goose was on yesterday. I am sure the players are gonna be more open with a cat like him than some newspaper hack from Chicago, or the Disney channel for that matter.

What are you basing that on? That newspaper hack was from Minneapolis who had a relationship with players. Goose is a fat ass on TV. Yes he is so credible.
Fat ass on TV, agree, but he was a player, nonetheless and a player that garnered alot of respect around the league when he played.

If the Noodle told him (He quoted the Noodle and a couple of other players) that no one in the locker was saying they hated the Chiller, then I believe him, atleast before I would believe a sports hack from Chicago.

Again, every announcer that did the game, said they talked with almost every player in the locker room. They reported that the Vikings locker room is very tight and alot of discussions are held openly in it and none of them had heard anything from any player that said they hated the Chiller.

Kfan was dogging his ass Monday for all the stupid shit he said. You trust him if you want but I will go with the guys from the local area who actually are around these guys everyday. Mike Morris is VERY respected in Viking land. He basically said he was an idiot on Monday.
I think you have a "Noodle Love" for Morris. LOL.

Of course he (Morris) said he (Goose) was an idiot. He (Goose) basically quoted the players and said that guys like Morris and the sports hacks spewing for the drivel that the mindless masses were buying into were all idiots.

Once someone calls someone an idiot, the next step is for said idiot to reply with, "No he's the idiot".

Again, one more time for possible penetration...........

All the players interviewed told goose that no one has said that the article was all made up and that most agreed with Phat Pats comments that the author of the article made it all up cause none of them had heard anything like that said in the locker room. Not one (count, not one) of the players refuted what the Goose said.

In fact, the only ones who refuted what the Goose said were the idiots who were spewing forth the drivel and the fans who bought into that drivel.

Go figure huh. ;) :P ;)

Go figure no names were mentioned in his report either. I think you were one of the posters dogging Seans report because nobody was named.

Typical.

Purple Floyd
11-20-2010, 07:41 AM
Marrdro wrote:



Sounds like you think I'm some sort of Chiller supporter and have always been.

Truth of the matter is, I've been against the Chiller more than I have been a supporter, just so happens that I'm on his bandwagon of late.

Calling BS on that one marr. I have been around way too long for you to pull that one one. maybe a noob would let you slide but no, not this guy. ;)


Still dislike how he holds camp and how he gets a team ready. (Sorry Prophet, I know I promised not to get on that soapbox again)

OK, so you don't like the fact he didn't make Birk attend OTA's. That was actually a cut on Birk more than anything. If it had been one of your boys it wouldn't have been an issue.


Long story short, I believe a team can only be successful in this league if they have stability at the top.

Stability and competency do not go hand in hand. First you have to have the right coach (We do not) and then yes, stability is good. But then again if you look at NE they have had everyone on the staff except the HC leave multiple times and even lost the GM and they keep rolling. You also have to have a system flexible enough to deal with guys leaving and still be able to go out and win. We can't even do that when all the stars line up.


Currently we have a HC that has demonstrated the ability to improve a team each year to the point that his team made it to the NFFC game and was one stupid throw away from making it to the SB.

And we improved this year over last right? Sorry, it is time to put that BS argument to rest. It didn't work before and it is certainly not working now.


Changing that cat out will do nothing but make us start all over again. The new cat will come in, bring in new assistants that he was buds with when he got fired the last time along with a whole bunch of has been players that are familiar with his scheme.

If you make the right choice then it is worth it. Hiring an actual GM and letting them form the team is really the best choice and hopefully they do that, but going forward with Childress will be a total failure and leave us at the bottom of the division wishing we were Detroit.


We will be forced to watch a team go 6-10, 8-8, 10-6 etc etc etc over the next 3 years as they rebuild something that really doesn't need to be rebuilt.

What? what the heck happened to your "We are so full of talent that we can't even bring guys in and expect them to see the field" Comment? If we are as good as you said we were then we really only need a coach that can use them properly, which this one cannot. Quick question- We lost Billick to Baltimore and Tomlin to Pittsburgh. How much rebuilding did each of them do on the way to their SB's?




Don't get me wrong, I was happy the Chiller gutted the team even though I was unhappy to see Denny gut it. It had to be done. The 2005 Vikes were a mess and had very little talent on it at all.

Quote from Chokedress on the day he was hired:

"This team is not talent poor"
" This is the Plum Job in the NFL"






The current team is loaded with talent and even though it appears we are gonna have a bad year (remember the thread I did on teams that failed in thier respected Championship games), it was expected, especially when you consider the move we made at QB, the loss of our starting C for a good portion of the season, not to mention the loss of our best WR.


I agree- We should have traded TJ and kept Sage, Not let Birk go to Baltimore or put Moss in a situation where the coach couldn't handle him.



Add into that mix the little issue related to the whole CAP issue and the obvious effect it is having league wide when it comes to all the players that were tendered by the cheap assed owners instead of paying them, thus ensuring they would play this year.


You mean where TJ and Edwards were tendered and nobody wanted them? Yeah.


Again, not sure what you believe my philosphy is to maintain some sort of semblence of stability at the HC'ing position cause it the best thing to do, even though the HC does a few things I dislike, then yes.

No, your philosophy that you will fabricate any sort of distorted view you can come up with to support the notion Childress should still be the coach.


I guess I will have to say that so that my whole philosphy
isn't blown out of the water.


too late

But I digress........Back to my intial questions.......

What philosphy? :huh:

That Childress is a good coach and that he has assembled a roster deep with talent that will be competitive for years to come...... :laugh: