PDA

View Full Version : Red Flag Day



RK.
11-02-2010, 01:08 AM
There was a suggestion in the yell earlier today that on Sunday fans take red flags and throw them on the field when Childress walks out on the field as a challenge to his moronic call to waive Randy Moss.

I think this is a great idea and if I were going to the game I would do it. I would encourage anyone going to the game to find a piece of red cloth and take it with them and let Childress know what we think of his Randy Moss call.

Mr Anderson
11-02-2010, 01:22 AM
Yes. Do it.

Culpepper_4717
11-02-2010, 01:29 AM
LOL, I suggested it. This would be great if we could get people to do it, however I'm unsure if Chilly will be present :laugh:

12purplepride28
11-02-2010, 01:40 AM
I think this would be a great idea, only problem is people not doing it wouldn't know what it means.

Culpepper_4717
11-02-2010, 01:57 AM
Challenge Childress Day!
http://www.nfl4all.com/wp-content/gallery/brad-childress/brad-childress.jpg

ndnorseman
11-02-2010, 03:49 AM
12purplepride28 wrote:

I think this would be a great idea, only problem is people not doing it wouldn't know what it means.


Communication.

Put up posters outside the Dome entrances, and have people handing out the red flags, explaining what it's all about.

singersp
11-02-2010, 07:23 AM
It would have to be done by masses of people, since throwing objects in the dome can result in immediate ejection from the game and/or loss of season ticket privaleges.

Waving FIRE CHILDRESS red flags however, is totally acceptable.

NodakPaul
11-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Singer is right - waiving the flags would be a safer move and just as effective.

However, it would need to be done by a good majority of the people in the stands in order to actually send a message. At around 65,000 seats, I don't know if there is really anyone out there who is willing to put up the $$$ for that many flags.

You couldn't use the ground markign flags because they usually come with a long wire staff on it, and I doubt those would make it into the stadium. You would have to go with some kind of red cloth that we could wave, similar to the touchdown towels. Regular red fabric but into 12X6" sheets would probably look, but you are still looking at several thousand dollars to put it together.

Fun idea, but not really feasible.

BleedinPandG
11-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Eh... no one in Minnesota has any corporate type connections? Would be a great marketing opportunity for a small to medium sized company. Not only would they get a lot of in person advertising, if it gets big enough they might get TV coverage (imagine the sideline reporter holding one talking about who distributed them) for both a broader local coverage and some national coverage (I believe the AZ/MN game is being televised on Fox here in SLC).

Time is sort of short but I gotta believe a printing company can stamp something simple out extremely fast. You'd have a day or two to line up the funding.

Zeus
11-02-2010, 10:26 AM
RK. wrote:

There was a suggestion in the yell earlier today that on Sunday fans take red flags and throw them on the field when Childress walks out on the field as a challenge to his moronic call to waive Randy Moss.

I think this is a great idea and if I were going to the game I would do it. I would encourage anyone going to the game to find a piece of red cloth and take it with them and let Childress know what we think of his Randy Moss call.

Nope. I approve of the move.

And I would take a moment to remind fans that throwing objects onto the field will result in the team getting a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

=Z=

Zeus
11-02-2010, 10:27 AM
ndnorseman wrote:

12purplepride28 wrote:

I think this would be a great idea, only problem is people not doing it wouldn't know what it means.

Communication.

Put up posters outside the Dome entrances, and have people handing out the red flags, explaining what it's all about.

As if the Vikings would allow that. They have total control over what you can bring into the stadium.

=Z=

triedandtruevikesfan
11-02-2010, 10:43 AM
ndnorseman wrote:

12purplepride28 wrote:

I think this would be a great idea, only problem is people not doing it wouldn't know what it means.


Communication.

Put up posters outside the Dome entrances, and have people handing out the red flags, explaining what it's all about.

I totally think people would get it.

triedandtruevikesfan
11-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Culpepper_4717 wrote:

LOL, I suggested it. This would be great if we could get people to do it, however I'm unsure if Chilly will be present :laugh:

I've taken your idea and ran with it. Talked to some of the VWO on facebook and they like the idea, we'll see how many red flags we can get to wave in the stadium on Sunday... (not suggesting to throw them)

Infidel
11-02-2010, 11:51 AM
It all depends on getting it to the media.

If you can get the media ON IT before that game.....the idea will spread like wildfire.

People will bring their own red flags and spares for others who don't have them.

It's a natural for the media, so I think it can succeed.

NodakPaul
11-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Infidel wrote:

It all depends on getting it to the media.

If you can get the media ON IT before that game.....the idea will spread like wildfire.

People will bring their own red flags and spares for others who don't have them.

It's a natural for the media, so I think it can succeed.

Viral Marketing goes faster than media. Use a two pronged attack.


NodakPaul Sunday is RED FLAG day at the Vikings Game! Bring a red flag to the game and wave it if you want Childress fired! #vikings #childress

If you want this done, put it on facebook, twitter, etc... Email KFAN, the local stations, etc.

Just be prepared for some media push back - the powertrip show this morning on KFAN was supportive of Childress. As is PA.

Purple Blood
11-02-2010, 12:38 PM
RK. wrote:

There was a suggestion in the yell earlier today that on Sunday fans take red flags and throw them on the field when Childress walks out on the field as a challenge to his moronic call to waive Randy Moss.

I think this is a great idea and if I were going to the game I would do it. I would encourage anyone going to the game to find a piece of red cloth and take it with them and let Childress know what we think of his Randy Moss call.

I think you have the color of the towel wrong! We as Vikings Fans should be waiving white towels!!!!

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
11-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Why would we wave homer hankies at a football game? The twins play across town now.

Do you need a map, or maybe GPS to get there?

Purple Blood
11-02-2010, 01:06 PM
STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES wrote:

Why would we wave homer hankies at a football game? The twins play across town now.

Do you need a map, or maybe GPS to get there?
My Bad!

Culpepper_4717
11-02-2010, 06:22 PM
I'm hoping it will look like this, but with red flags :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky2QHT4UJ4M

scottishvike
11-02-2010, 06:48 PM
If this were a soccer match the songs would be heard loud and clear by the coach. And because the two sets of fans are segregated he'd be getting it from both sides. Here are some I've altered to fit the scenario..

Childress get tae Fuck
Childress Childress Get tae Fuck
(repeat)

(it's Scottish for go away please)


He's bald, he's fat, he's going to get the sack
Brad Childress, Brad Childress

(ok he's not fat but i can't think of anything else to replace it)


Lastly to the tune of Go West by the Village People

You're shite and you know you are
You're shite and you know you are
You're shite and you know you are
(key change)
You're shite and you know you are
(repeat)

singersp
11-03-2010, 08:26 AM
Infidel wrote:

It all depends on getting it to the media.

If you can get the media ON IT before that game.....the idea will spread like wildfire.

People will bring their own red flags and spares for others who don't have them.

It's a natural for the media, so I think it can succeed.

1 word

FACEBOOK

singersp
11-03-2010, 09:36 AM
I'm going to Wally Word to pick up a red hand towel or dish towel.

Holzberg
11-03-2010, 09:37 AM
singersp wrote:

It would have to be done by masses of people, since throwing objects in the dome can result in immediate ejection from the game and/or loss of season ticket privaleges.

Waving FIRE CHILDRESS red flags however, is totally acceptable.

I would do it, but I believe this guy is right.

I plan to make a sign that says something like "Fire Childress! Gruden for Coach!"

Zeus
11-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Holzberg wrote:

singersp wrote:

It would have to be done by masses of people, since throwing objects in the dome can result in immediate ejection from the game and/or loss of season ticket privaleges.

Waving FIRE CHILDRESS red flags however, is totally acceptable.

I would do it, but I believe this guy is right.

I plan to make a sign that says something like "Fire Childress! Gruden for Coach!"

I plan to cheer for the team wearing purple and not put my selfish wants ahead of that.

=Z=

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
11-03-2010, 10:53 AM
I don't think the first part of this post can be stated enough. One of the issues, is that if your seat is close enough for your red flag to reach the field then you paid more for your seat, and you'll be out more when you are ejected from the game.

AngloVike
11-03-2010, 10:56 AM
scottishvike wrote:

If this were a soccer match the songs would be heard loud and clear by the coach. And because the two sets of fans are segregated he'd be getting it from both sides. Here are some I've altered to fit the scenario..

Childress get tae Fuck
Childress Childress Get tae Fuck
(repeat)

(it's Scottish for go away please)


He's bald, he's fat, he's going to get the sack
Brad Childress, Brad Childress

(ok he's not fat but i can't think of anything else to replace it)


Lastly to the tune of Go West by the Village People

You're shite and you know you are
You're shite and you know you are
You're shite and you know you are
(key change)
You're shite and you know you are
(repeat)

and of course the evergreen,

" Who's the wanker with the tache, who's the wanker with the tache.. "

jrjohn
11-03-2010, 11:08 AM
If I hated the Vikings and wanted to devide and conquer their team, this is exactly what I would do.

Red Flag day will make puker, bear and Lion fans very happy I promis you this. There is nothing to gain. Any lack fan support tword the head coach, will also effect the players in a negative way.

Good way to make a statement, bad way to support the team and help them win. I guess it really depends on what result your looking for during the game.

It might be easier to put paper bags on your heads. It will be extremely difficuly to throw red flags on the field from anybody more than 3 rows back.

AngloVike
11-03-2010, 11:21 AM
jrjohn wrote:


It will be extremely difficuly to throw red flags on the field from anybody more than 3 rows back.

Very true, look at Chilly stood on the sideline and even he can't get a red flag on to the field when required :woohoo:

Mr Anderson
11-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Zeus wrote:

Holzberg wrote:

singersp wrote:

It would have to be done by masses of people, since throwing objects in the dome can result in immediate ejection from the game and/or loss of season ticket privaleges.

Waving FIRE CHILDRESS red flags however, is totally acceptable.

I would do it, but I believe this guy is right.

I plan to make a sign that says something like "Fire Childress! Gruden for Coach!"

I plan to cheer for the team wearing purple and not put my selfish wants ahead of that.

=Z=
I didn't know the collective desire of tens of thousands of people could be considered selfish.

Mr Anderson
11-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Zeus wrote:

Holzberg wrote:

singersp wrote:

It would have to be done by masses of people, since throwing objects in the dome can result in immediate ejection from the game and/or loss of season ticket privaleges.

Waving FIRE CHILDRESS red flags however, is totally acceptable.

I would do it, but I believe this guy is right.

I plan to make a sign that says something like "Fire Childress! Gruden for Coach!"

I plan to cheer for the team wearing purple and not put my selfish wants ahead of that.

=Z=
I didn't know the collective desire of tens of thousands of people could be considered selfish.

Mr Anderson
11-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Zeus wrote:

Holzberg wrote:

singersp wrote:

It would have to be done by masses of people, since throwing objects in the dome can result in immediate ejection from the game and/or loss of season ticket privaleges.

Waving FIRE CHILDRESS red flags however, is totally acceptable.

I would do it, but I believe this guy is right.

I plan to make a sign that says something like "Fire Childress! Gruden for Coach!"

I plan to cheer for the team wearing purple and not put my selfish wants ahead of that.

=Z=
I didn't know the collective desire of tens of thousands of people could be considered selfish.

BleedinPandG
11-03-2010, 11:24 AM
jrjohn wrote:

If I hated the Vikings and wanted to devide and conquer their team, this is exactly what I would do.

Red Flag day will make puker, bear and Lion fans very happy I promis you this. There is nothing to gain. Any lack fan support tword the head coach, will also effect the players in a negative way.

Good way to make a statement, bad way to support the team and help them win. I guess it really depends on what result your looking for during the game.

It might be easier to put paper bags on your heads. It will be extremely difficuly to throw red flags on the field from anybody more than 3 rows back.

Sometimes you have to accept short term pain to achieve long term gain. Most acknowledge, firing Childress kills the season... but they'd rather sacrifice just this season in the name of getting a new coach then continue to persist with at mediocre levels with this coach.

triedandtruevikesfan
11-03-2010, 11:29 AM
singersp wrote:

Infidel wrote:

It all depends on getting it to the media.

If you can get the media ON IT before that game.....the idea will spread like wildfire.

People will bring their own red flags and spares for others who don't have them.

It's a natural for the media, so I think it can succeed.

1 word

FACEBOOK

And FACEBOOK is where I've been spreading the message (not to throw flags but to wave them). Talked to Diggz about it (from the VWO) and he jumped on this ship very fast.... With this message...

"the red flag waving is to be done only when chanting fire childress, we must keep in mind there are 53 guys we love on the field fighting for us and just one JACKASS who will see RED when he hears his Name, CHILLIE U R OFFICIALLY UNDER REVIEW"

Zeus
11-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Mr Anderson wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Holzberg wrote:

singersp wrote:

It would have to be done by masses of people, since throwing objects in the dome can result in immediate ejection from the game and/or loss of season ticket privaleges.

Waving FIRE CHILDRESS red flags however, is totally acceptable.

I would do it, but I believe this guy is right.

I plan to make a sign that says something like "Fire Childress! Gruden for Coach!"

I plan to cheer for the team wearing purple and not put my selfish wants ahead of that.
I didn't know the collective desire of tens of thousands of people could be considered selfish.

And three times you needed to say that, twitchy? :^)

The selfish part of it, IMHO, is choosing to use a setting where the fan's main job is to support the team as an avenue to bitch about the coach.

=Z=

Mr Anderson
11-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Zeus wrote:

Mr Anderson wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Holzberg wrote:

singersp wrote:

It would have to be done by masses of people, since throwing objects in the dome can result in immediate ejection from the game and/or loss of season ticket privaleges.

Waving FIRE CHILDRESS red flags however, is totally acceptable.

I would do it, but I believe this guy is right.

I plan to make a sign that says something like "Fire Childress! Gruden for Coach!"

I plan to cheer for the team wearing purple and not put my selfish wants ahead of that.
I didn't know the collective desire of tens of thousands of people could be considered selfish.

And three times you needed to say that, twitchy? :^)

The selfish part of it, IMHO, is choosing to use a setting where the fan's main job is to support the team as an avenue to bitch about the coach.

=Z=
Pick an excuse:
It's only 40 degrees I'm shivering.
I like my posts to be at the top of the page, so I reposted it 3 times.


That's a fair point, but I think it's also by far the best place to display dissatisfaction as a fan. It doesn't have to be done for the whole game, and I envisioned it as more of a one time thing.

I'll call it unfair to the players(they should be used to that though), but not selfish.

jrjohn
11-03-2010, 11:38 AM
BleedinPandG wrote:

jrjohn wrote:

If I hated the Vikings and wanted to devide and conquer their team, this is exactly what I would do.

Red Flag day will make puker, bear and Lion fans very happy I promis you this. There is nothing to gain. Any lack fan support tword the head coach, will also effect the players in a negative way.

Good way to make a statement, bad way to support the team and help them win. I guess it really depends on what result your looking for during the game.

It might be easier to put paper bags on your heads. It will be extremely difficuly to throw red flags on the field from anybody more than 3 rows back.

Sometimes you have to accept short term pain to achieve long term gain. Most acknowledge, firing Childress kills the season... but they'd rather sacrifice just this season in the name of getting a new coach then continue to persist with at mediocre levels with this coach.

I agree 100% if thats your collective goal, then go for it. I for one would not be a quitter when the Vikings are still not out of it.

Ever notice the games where one team is behind by a lot of point lets say 15 or more, they have the ball with 20 seconds left and the call time outs, throw sideline passes and play every second like it was thier last knowing full well there isn't a chance in hell that they can score 15 points in 20 soconds?

Thats because the real winners in life never quit, they don't even know what the word means.

Maybe some Viking fans want to quite, but I guarantee any real professional athlete on that team would't even consider it.

ILLvike
11-03-2010, 11:53 AM
jrjohn wrote:

BleedinPandG wrote:

jrjohn wrote:

If I hated the Vikings and wanted to devide and conquer their team, this is exactly what I would do.

Red Flag day will make puker, bear and Lion fans very happy I promis you this. There is nothing to gain. Any lack fan support tword the head coach, will also effect the players in a negative way.

Good way to make a statement, bad way to support the team and help them win. I guess it really depends on what result your looking for during the game.

It might be easier to put paper bags on your heads. It will be extremely difficuly to throw red flags on the field from anybody more than 3 rows back.

Sometimes you have to accept short term pain to achieve long term gain. Most acknowledge, firing Childress kills the season... but they'd rather sacrifice just this season in the name of getting a new coach then continue to persist with at mediocre levels with this coach.

I agree 100% if thats your collective goal, then go for it. I for one would not be a quitter when the Vikings are still not out of it.

Ever notice the games where one team is behind by a lot of point lets say 15 or more, they have the ball with 20 seconds left and the call time outs, throw sideline passes and play every second like it was thier last knowing full well there isn't a chance in hell that they can score 15 points in 20 soconds?

Thats because the real winners in life never quit, they don't even know what the word means.

Maybe some Viking fans want to quite, but I guarantee any real professional athlete on that team would't even consider it.

Only because they already cut Moss though

jrjohn
11-03-2010, 11:59 AM
ILLvike wrote:

jrjohn wrote:

BleedinPandG wrote:

jrjohn wrote:

If I hated the Vikings and wanted to devide and conquer their team, this is exactly what I would do.

Red Flag day will make puker, bear and Lion fans very happy I promis you this. There is nothing to gain. Any lack fan support tword the head coach, will also effect the players in a negative way.

Good way to make a statement, bad way to support the team and help them win. I guess it really depends on what result your looking for during the game.

It might be easier to put paper bags on your heads. It will be extremely difficuly to throw red flags on the field from anybody more than 3 rows back.

Sometimes you have to accept short term pain to achieve long term gain. Most acknowledge, firing Childress kills the season... but they'd rather sacrifice just this season in the name of getting a new coach then continue to persist with at mediocre levels with this coach.

I agree 100% if thats your collective goal, then go for it. I for one would not be a quitter when the Vikings are still not out of it.

Ever notice the games where one team is behind by a lot of point lets say 15 or more, they have the ball with 20 seconds left and the call time outs, throw sideline passes and play every second like it was thier last knowing full well there isn't a chance in hell that they can score 15 points in 20 soconds?

Thats because the real winners in life never quit, they don't even know what the word means.

Maybe some Viking fans want to quite, but I guarantee any real professional athlete on that team would't even consider it.

Only because they already cut Moss though

Good one. Yes, Moss was a quitter

BleedinPandG
11-03-2010, 12:08 PM
jrjohn wrote:

I agree 100% if thats your collective goal, then go for it. I for one would not be a quitter when the Vikings are still not out of it.

Ever notice the games where one team is behind by a lot of point lets say 15 or more, they have the ball with 20 seconds left and the call time outs, throw sideline passes and play every second like it was thier last knowing full well there isn't a chance in hell that they can score 15 points in 20 soconds?

Thats because the real winners in life never quit, they don't even know what the word means.

Maybe some Viking fans want to quite, but I guarantee any real professional athlete on that team would't even consider it.

Eh... that's an over simplification... WAY beyond an over simplification in fact.

In life, I am a winner... I have enjoyed successes in my private and professional life way beyond what most imagine at my age. Some of it is luck... other skill... and some simply sheer determination, regardless, I am a winner. And I will quit.

Why? Because fighting a losing battle is misplaced energy.

Players don't play the last 20 seconds of a game when down by a gazillion points like they can win it because they believe they can win... they play it hard because they know it's practice for the time when they're down by 6 points with 20 seconds to play. They've quit the game they're in, they've moved on to the games they may be in later.

I remember a fun discussion in high school about a World War II Battle... a great "victory" for the allied forces where they were able to evacuate a bunch of troops off the west coast of Europe back to England. They retreated, they ran, but they lived... my teacher told us that was a victory. They gave up the ground, surrendered control of the area, but still won? Baffling to me and I refused to answer the question her way even on the test (she did mark my answer wrong, again)... but it is an important lesson, living to a fight another day can be winning even if it means losing today.

Lets say Favre suffers a serious ankle injury in the 4th quarter of game 1. He's hopped up on adrenaline, he could play through the pain but doing so would further damage the ankle.. to the point not only wouldn't he be able to play through the pain, his career would be over... but the Vikings are only down by 4. Should Favre quit? Should he quit that game so that he can help us win another, hopefully several more? I would say yes.

Quitting on Chilly and this team in the short term is the near term defeat, retreat, and withdrawl we need to do in order to not lose the war... that war, that long term defeat is a team in MN... a team continuing to embarass it's fan base... a team that in it's history has never won the Championship and is currently showing no signs of doing so in the near future.

jrjohn
11-03-2010, 12:36 PM
BleedinPandG wrote:

jrjohn wrote:

I agree 100% if thats your collective goal, then go for it. I for one would not be a quitter when the Vikings are still not out of it.

Ever notice the games where one team is behind by a lot of point lets say 15 or more, they have the ball with 20 seconds left and the call time outs, throw sideline passes and play every second like it was thier last knowing full well there isn't a chance in hell that they can score 15 points in 20 soconds?

Thats because the real winners in life never quit, they don't even know what the word means.

Maybe some Viking fans want to quite, but I guarantee any real professional athlete on that team would't even consider it.



Eh... that's an over simplification... WAY beyond an over simplification in fact.

In life, I am a winner... I have enjoyed successes in my private and professional life way beyond what most imagine at my age. Some of it is luck... other skill... and some simply sheer determination, regardless, I am a winner. And I will quit.

Why? Because fighting a losing battle is misplaced energy.

Players don't play the last 20 seconds of a game when down by a gazillion points like they can win it because they believe they can win... they play it hard because they know it's practice for the time when they're down by 6 points with 20 seconds to play. They've quit the game they're in, they've moved on to the games they may be in later.

I remember a fun discussion in high school about a World War II Battle... a great "victory" for the allied forces where they were able to evacuate a bunch of troops off the west coast of Europe back to England. They retreated, they ran, but they lived... my teacher told us that was a victory. They gave up the ground, surrendered control of the area, but still won? Baffling to me and I refused to answer the question her way even on the test (she did mark my answer wrong, again)... but it is an important lesson, living to a fight another day can be winning even if it means losing today.

Lets say Favre suffers a serious ankle injury in the 4th quarter of game 1. He's hopped up on adrenaline, he could play through the pain but doing so would further damage the ankle.. to the point not only wouldn't he be able to play through the pain, his career would be over... but the Vikings are only down by 4. Should Favre quit? Should he quit that game so that he can help us win another, hopefully several more? I would say yes.

Quitting on Chilly and this team in the short term is the near term defeat, retreat, and withdrawl we need to do in order to not lose the war... that war, that long term defeat is a team in MN... a team continuing to embarass it's fan base... a team that in it's history has never won the Championship and is currently showing no signs of doing so in the near future.

Excellent counter argument. I will only say that continueing to play after your down by 15 points and 20 seconds left may very well be practice, and if the player quite, they have quite during practice. My point is, you never quite.

By, the way, it sounds like your in the same boat as myself, so it will be easy to understand the following.

Do you know the difference between a lucky and unlucky person?

I'll give you my answer. "The lucky guy works an hour longer each day".

triedandtruevikesfan
11-03-2010, 01:33 PM
The media officially is aware... Dave Schwartz from Kare 11 Sports...

@Dave_Schwartz the fans will be thrown up red flags sunday to challenge chillie's ability to coach, he is under review, #firechildress

BleedinPandG
11-03-2010, 01:44 PM
http://www.wholesaleforeveryone.com/category/bandanas-solid-14-case/ATBN14SS0199C.html

$200 for 50 dozen... 33 cents each... heck, cut them in halves or quarters if you want to! Pool your money and you might be able to hand out enough of these to be seen... and hopefully understood by Zygi.

singersp
11-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Zeus wrote:

Holzberg wrote:

singersp wrote:

It would have to be done by masses of people, since throwing objects in the dome can result in immediate ejection from the game and/or loss of season ticket privaleges.

Waving FIRE CHILDRESS red flags however, is totally acceptable.

I would do it, but I believe this guy is right.

I plan to make a sign that says something like "Fire Childress! Gruden for Coach!"

I plan to cheer for the team wearing purple and not put my selfish wants ahead of that.

=Z=

Yeah.....because we all know you would never boo at a game right?

Sharper & Smoot come to mind.

marstc09
11-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Zeus wrote:

Holzberg wrote:

singersp wrote:

It would have to be done by masses of people, since throwing objects in the dome can result in immediate ejection from the game and/or loss of season ticket privaleges.

Waving FIRE CHILDRESS red flags however, is totally acceptable.

I would do it, but I believe this guy is right.

I plan to make a sign that says something like "Fire Childress! Gruden for Coach!"

I plan to cheer for the team wearing purple and not put my selfish wants ahead of that.

=Z=

Oh give it a rest. You sound like a Hallmark commercial. It is all most sickening. I will have my red towel.

Zeus
11-03-2010, 02:17 PM
marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Holzberg wrote:

singersp wrote:

It would have to be done by masses of people, since throwing objects in the dome can result in immediate ejection from the game and/or loss of season ticket privaleges.

Waving FIRE CHILDRESS red flags however, is totally acceptable.

I would do it, but I believe this guy is right.

I plan to make a sign that says something like "Fire Childress! Gruden for Coach!"

I plan to cheer for the team wearing purple and not put my selfish wants ahead of that.

Oh give it a rest. You sound like a Hallmark commercial. It is all most sickening. I will have my red towel.

Have fun with that. I'll try not to be embarrassed for you while you're busy making your point as the team scores a touchdown.

=Z=

triedandtruevikesfan
11-03-2010, 02:28 PM
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001751147157#!/profile.php?id=100001751147157&v=info

V4L
11-03-2010, 02:30 PM
triedandtruevikesfan wrote:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001751147157#!/profile.php?id=100001751147157&v=info


Posting on my FB to inform everyone!

NDVikingFan66
11-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Red....the color of the Arizona Cardinals.

It's gonna look like a home game for them.

I really do not know where I stand on this. I have been to a handleful of games, and this is my first year with season tickets. The one thing I have always tried to avoid is booing. I know this is not the same thing, but something just does not feel right about it.

Maybe I will change my mind, but for now, I will not be waiving a red flag.

triedandtruevikesfan
11-03-2010, 02:58 PM
NDVikingFan66 wrote:

Red....the color of the Arizona Cardinals.

It's gonna look like a home game for them.

I really do not know where I stand on this. I have been to a handleful of games, and this is my first year with season tickets. The one thing I have always tried to avoid is booing. I know this is not the same thing, but something just does not feel right about it.

Maybe I will change my mind, but for now, I will not be waiving a red flag.

The plan is to wave them during commercial breaks and time outs... not during the whole game. We want to support the players when they are on the field.

NodakPaul
11-03-2010, 03:51 PM
triedandtruevikesfan wrote:

NDVikingFan66 wrote:

Red....the color of the Arizona Cardinals.

It's gonna look like a home game for them.

I really do not know where I stand on this. I have been to a handleful of games, and this is my first year with season tickets. The one thing I have always tried to avoid is booing. I know this is not the same thing, but something just does not feel right about it.

Maybe I will change my mind, but for now, I will not be waiving a red flag.

The plan is to wave them during commercial breaks and time outs... not during the whole game. We want to support the players when they are on the field.

I don't think it is going to be wide spread enough to make a big difference. Honestly, if we have 2/3 of the dome waiving them it sends a message. If we only have a few hundred - it doesn't.

triedandtruevikesfan
11-03-2010, 04:02 PM
NodakPaul wrote:

triedandtruevikesfan wrote:

NDVikingFan66 wrote:

Red....the color of the Arizona Cardinals.

It's gonna look like a home game for them.

I really do not know where I stand on this. I have been to a handleful of games, and this is my first year with season tickets. The one thing I have always tried to avoid is booing. I know this is not the same thing, but something just does not feel right about it.

Maybe I will change my mind, but for now, I will not be waiving a red flag.

The plan is to wave them during commercial breaks and time outs... not during the whole game. We want to support the players when they are on the field.

I don't think it is going to be wide spread enough to make a big difference. Honestly, if we have 2/3 of the dome waiving them it sends a message. If we only have a few hundred - it doesn't.

Agreed.

marstc09
11-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Zeus wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Holzberg wrote:

singersp wrote:

It would have to be done by masses of people, since throwing objects in the dome can result in immediate ejection from the game and/or loss of season ticket privaleges.

Waving FIRE CHILDRESS red flags however, is totally acceptable.

I would do it, but I believe this guy is right.

I plan to make a sign that says something like "Fire Childress! Gruden for Coach!"

I plan to cheer for the team wearing purple and not put my selfish wants ahead of that.

Oh give it a rest. You sound like a Hallmark commercial. It is all most sickening. I will have my red towel.

Have fun with that. I'll try not to be embarrassed for you while you're busy making your point as the team scores a touchdown.

=Z=

I'll to not to point you out when you are sitting there on your hands in a sea of red while the Cards are beating our ass. Max Hall baby!

marstc09
11-03-2010, 04:42 PM
triedandtruevikesfan wrote:

The media officially is aware... Dave Schwartz from Kare 11 Sports...

@Dave_Schwartz the fans will be thrown up red flags sunday to challenge chillie's ability to coach, he is under review, #firechildress

I posted on a few media facebook sites as well.

V4L
11-03-2010, 04:42 PM
marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Holzberg wrote:

singersp wrote:

It would have to be done by masses of people, since throwing objects in the dome can result in immediate ejection from the game and/or loss of season ticket privaleges.

Waving FIRE CHILDRESS red flags however, is totally acceptable.

I would do it, but I believe this guy is right.

I plan to make a sign that says something like "Fire Childress! Gruden for Coach!"

I plan to cheer for the team wearing purple and not put my selfish wants ahead of that.

Oh give it a rest. You sound like a Hallmark commercial. It is all most sickening. I will have my red towel.

Have fun with that. I'll try not to be embarrassed for you while you're busy making your point as the team scores a touchdown.

=Z=

I'll to not to point you out when you are sitting there on your hands in a sea of red while the Cards are beating our ass. Max Hall baby!


Anderson is starting

singersp
11-04-2010, 08:24 AM
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=103286529740730

singersp
11-04-2010, 08:31 AM
singersp wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Holzberg wrote:

singersp wrote:

It would have to be done by masses of people, since throwing objects in the dome can result in immediate ejection from the game and/or loss of season ticket privaleges.

Waving FIRE CHILDRESS red flags however, is totally acceptable.

I would do it, but I believe this guy is right.

I plan to make a sign that says something like "Fire Childress! Gruden for Coach!"

I plan to cheer for the team wearing purple and not put my selfish wants ahead of that.

=Z=

Yeah right!.....Because we all know you would never boo at a game right?

Sharper & Smoot come to mind, to name just two.

http://www.insectidentification.org/imgs/insects/house-cricket.jpghttp://www.insectidentification.org/imgs/insects/house-cricket.jpg

Zeus
11-04-2010, 02:38 PM
marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Holzberg wrote:

singersp wrote:

It would have to be done by masses of people, since throwing objects in the dome can result in immediate ejection from the game and/or loss of season ticket privaleges.

Waving FIRE CHILDRESS red flags however, is totally acceptable.

I would do it, but I believe this guy is right.

I plan to make a sign that says something like "Fire Childress! Gruden for Coach!"

I plan to cheer for the team wearing purple and not put my selfish wants ahead of that.

Oh give it a rest. You sound like a Hallmark commercial. It is all most sickening. I will have my red towel.

Have fun with that. I'll try not to be embarrassed for you while you're busy making your point as the team scores a touchdown.

I'll to not to point you out when you are sitting there on your hands in a sea of red while the Cards are beating our ass. Max Hall baby!

Max Hall isn't even playing, dumbass.

=Z=

V4L
11-04-2010, 03:02 PM
Zeus wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Holzberg wrote:

singersp wrote:

It would have to be done by masses of people, since throwing objects in the dome can result in immediate ejection from the game and/or loss of season ticket privaleges.

Waving FIRE CHILDRESS red flags however, is totally acceptable.

I would do it, but I believe this guy is right.

I plan to make a sign that says something like "Fire Childress! Gruden for Coach!"

I plan to cheer for the team wearing purple and not put my selfish wants ahead of that.

Oh give it a rest. You sound like a Hallmark commercial. It is all most sickening. I will have my red towel.

Have fun with that. I'll try not to be embarrassed for you while you're busy making your point as the team scores a touchdown.

I'll to not to point you out when you are sitting there on your hands in a sea of red while the Cards are beating our ass. Max Hall baby!

Max Hall isn't even playing, dumbass.

=Z=


Lol I pointed that out earlier too

Some fans are more concerned about waving flags

I just want a win.. WITH flags spinning!

marstc09
11-04-2010, 03:12 PM
Zeus wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Holzberg wrote:

singersp wrote:

It would have to be done by masses of people, since throwing objects in the dome can result in immediate ejection from the game and/or loss of season ticket privaleges.

Waving FIRE CHILDRESS red flags however, is totally acceptable.

I would do it, but I believe this guy is right.

I plan to make a sign that says something like "Fire Childress! Gruden for Coach!"

I plan to cheer for the team wearing purple and not put my selfish wants ahead of that.

Oh give it a rest. You sound like a Hallmark commercial. It is all most sickening. I will have my red towel.

Have fun with that. I'll try not to be embarrassed for you while you're busy making your point as the team scores a touchdown.

I'll to not to point you out when you are sitting there on your hands in a sea of red while the Cards are beating our ass. Max Hall baby!

Max Hall isn't even playing, dumbass.

=Z=

Interesting. You were the one saying good luck with him. lol

Zeus
11-04-2010, 08:15 PM
marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Holzberg wrote:

singersp wrote:

It would have to be done by masses of people, since throwing objects in the dome can result in immediate ejection from the game and/or loss of season ticket privaleges.

Waving FIRE CHILDRESS red flags however, is totally acceptable.

I would do it, but I believe this guy is right.

I plan to make a sign that says something like "Fire Childress! Gruden for Coach!"

I plan to cheer for the team wearing purple and not put my selfish wants ahead of that.

Oh give it a rest. You sound like a Hallmark commercial. It is all most sickening. I will have my red towel.

Have fun with that. I'll try not to be embarrassed for you while you're busy making your point as the team scores a touchdown.

I'll to not to point you out when you are sitting there on your hands in a sea of red while the Cards are beating our ass. Max Hall baby!

Max Hall isn't even playing, dumbass.

Interesting. You were the one saying good luck with him. lol

What's interesting is that I know more about the Cardinals than you. When I said "Good luck with Max Hall", he was still the starting QB. It wasn't until the day before yesterday that the Cards announced Anderson would start on Sunday.

=Z=

Mr Anderson
11-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Zeus wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Holzberg wrote:

singersp wrote:

It would have to be done by masses of people, since throwing objects in the dome can result in immediate ejection from the game and/or loss of season ticket privaleges.

Waving FIRE CHILDRESS red flags however, is totally acceptable.

I would do it, but I believe this guy is right.

I plan to make a sign that says something like "Fire Childress! Gruden for Coach!"

I plan to cheer for the team wearing purple and not put my selfish wants ahead of that.

Oh give it a rest. You sound like a Hallmark commercial. It is all most sickening. I will have my red towel.

Have fun with that. I'll try not to be embarrassed for you while you're busy making your point as the team scores a touchdown.

I'll to not to point you out when you are sitting there on your hands in a sea of red while the Cards are beating our ass. Max Hall baby!

Max Hall isn't even playing, dumbass.

Interesting. You were the one saying good luck with him. lol

What's interesting is that I know more about the Cardinals than you. When I said "Good luck with Max Hall", he was still the starting QB. It wasn't until the day before yesterday that the Cards announced Anderson would start on Sunday.

=Z=
You two are to The Little Rascals as Caine and CMac are(were) to South Park.

marstc09
11-05-2010, 12:20 AM
Zeus wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Holzberg wrote:

singersp wrote:

It would have to be done by masses of people, since throwing objects in the dome can result in immediate ejection from the game and/or loss of season ticket privaleges.

Waving FIRE CHILDRESS red flags however, is totally acceptable.

I would do it, but I believe this guy is right.

I plan to make a sign that says something like "Fire Childress! Gruden for Coach!"

I plan to cheer for the team wearing purple and not put my selfish wants ahead of that.

Oh give it a rest. You sound like a Hallmark commercial. It is all most sickening. I will have my red towel.

Have fun with that. I'll try not to be embarrassed for you while you're busy making your point as the team scores a touchdown.

I'll to not to point you out when you are sitting there on your hands in a sea of red while the Cards are beating our ass. Max Hall baby!

Max Hall isn't even playing, dumbass.

Interesting. You were the one saying good luck with him. lol

What's interesting is that I know more about the Cardinals than you. When I said "Good luck with Max Hall", he was still the starting QB. It wasn't until the day before yesterday that the Cards announced Anderson would start on Sunday.

=Z=

You act like it has been weeks. Took me a whole day to find out. LOL

singersp
11-05-2010, 07:21 PM
After looking around the store awhile to find what would work best, rather than buy 1/2 yard of red cloth & cutting it into pieces, I ended up buying a set of 4 cloth table napkins that are a very nice red & are 18"x18".

Culpepper_4717
11-05-2010, 11:24 PM
Sunday is going to be a GONG SHOW!
In addition to the red flags could someone give Chilly one of these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teehvwGvyWg

Brewtal
11-05-2010, 11:41 PM
Culpepper_4717 wrote:

Sunday is going to be a GONG SHOW!
In addition to the red flags could someone give Chilly one of these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teehvwGvyWg

Cant stop laughing.

Randy Moss
11-06-2010, 12:06 AM
As if this season hasn't been embarrassing enough to be a Vikings fan this season, our fans have to go and humiliate themselves as well.

1hotchev
11-06-2010, 12:12 AM
I agree, when I see Childress throw the red flag or any opposing coach, I know I lost, it's just like I told my kids, not too many years ago I wasn’t a big bush fan, but I want a president smarter than me, same with football, bring me a coach who knows more about the game then a engine mechanic please....

Brewtal
11-06-2010, 12:27 AM
1hotchev wrote:

I agree, when I see Childress throw the red flag or any opposing coach, I know I lost, it's just like I told my kids, not too many years ago I wasn’t a big bush fan, but I want a president smarter than me, same with football, bring me a coach who knows more about the game then a engine mechanic please....

From the way you structure your sentance I am pretty sure Bush was quite smarter then you.

Culpepper_4717
11-06-2010, 12:59 AM
Brewtal wrote:

1hotchev wrote:

I agree, when I see Childress throw the red flag or any opposing coach, I know I lost, it's just like I told my kids, not too many years ago I wasn’t a big bush fan, but I want a president smarter than me, same with football, bring me a coach who knows more about the game then a engine mechanic please....

From the way you structure your sentance I am pretty sure Bush was quite smarter then you.
LOL

Mr Anderson
11-06-2010, 02:12 AM
Brewtal wrote:

1hotchev wrote:

I agree, when I see Childress throw the red flag or any opposing coach, I know I lost, it's just like I told my kids, not too many years ago I wasn’t a big bush fan, but I want a president smarter than me, same with football, bring me a coach who knows more about the game then a engine mechanic please....

From the way you structure your sentance I am pretty sure Bush was quite smarter then you.
It's 'sentence' with an E and 'than' with an A, big guy.

singersp
11-06-2010, 06:55 AM
Randy Moss wrote:

As if this season hasn't been embarrassing enough to be a Vikings fan this season, our fans have to go and humiliate themselves as well.

Yeah you are right. Why should we as fans let our displeasure of Childress be known?

Perhaps you would rather see people hold up signs that say "WE still love you Childress"

Or better yet, lets have everyone in the stadium join hands & sing Kumbaya.

singersp
11-06-2010, 07:04 AM
Brewtal wrote:

1hotchev wrote:

I agree, when I see Childress throw the red flag or any opposing coach, I know I lost, it's just like I told my kids, not too many years ago I wasn’t a big bush fan, but I want a president smarter than me, same with football, bring me a coach who knows more about the game then a engine mechanic please....

From the way you structure your sentance I am pretty sure Bush was quite smarter then you.

Then I guess he was smarter than you as well.

You might want to take a look at your own spelling & punctuation, before berating another for theirs.

It's a rule here. You don't criticize others for grammar, punctuation or spelling.

singersp
11-06-2010, 07:16 AM
NodakPaul wrote:

triedandtruevikesfan wrote:



The plan is to wave them during commercial breaks and time outs... not during the whole game. We want to support the players when they are on the field.

I don't think it is going to be wide spread enough to make a big difference. Honestly, if we have 2/3 of the dome waiving them it sends a message. If we only have a few hundred - it doesn't.

We would need to chant "Fire Childress" when waving them, to avoid any confusion.

NP, there may be more than just a few hundred.

Red Flag Childress (http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=139362106116424&id=1311716368&ref=notif&notif_t=like#!/profile.php?id=100001751147157)

Since this Sunday is the first "Red Flag" event and it's come as short notice, I'm sure there will be a lot of people unaware of it, who don't have flags. If you can help out and buy extra Red Flags that can be handed out at Tailgating Lots or during the Game, that would be great. If you need more info, let me know

The word will also be spread at tailgates & beforethe game & some people will be bringing extra to hand out.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs559.ash2/148180_105055386229499_100001751147157_38926_144120_n.jpg

dfosterf
11-06-2010, 07:37 AM
singersp wrote:

Randy Moss wrote:

As if this season hasn't been embarrassing enough to be a Vikings fan this season, our fans have to go and humiliate themselves as well.

Yeah you are right. Why should we as fans let our displeasure of Childress be known?

Perhaps you would rather see people hold up signs that say "WE still love you Childress"

Or better yet, lets have everyone in the stadium join hands & sing Kumbaya.

Singer---

Hear me out. RM's concern is a legitimate one. The whole NFL planet... fans, media, etc. are fully cognizant of the vast majority of Vikings fans being extraordinarily displeased with Chilly.

You have a media out there that will "run" with any story, the primary motivation being what level of interest (ratings, etc.) they can accrue from the "interest-pie" of the viewers and listeners.

This is now an absolute feeding frenzy, and it is being further fueled by the fan sheeple that are disgusted and embarrassed, mostly by the COVERAGE of the events that has transpired, contrasted with the REALITY of what has transpired.

The handwriting is on the wall with Chilly. If the Vikings don't turn this thing around immediately, he is probably gone. He may be gone, even if he does. There are a lot of people at fault here, not just your head coach. He is being undermined by certain players and others within the organization. Someday all of that will come to light, but in the meantime a strong argument can be made that regardless of the guilty party or parties, including the coach...

The continued ball-cutting of your coach is counter-productive to the future of the Vikings. I suggest some take a moment and remind themselves of the context in which all this crap is taking place. Just yesterday, news stories hit about the plans in LA by one of the "players" in the stadium sweepstakes to have a stadium built by 2015, at 1 billion plus, and is ALREADY PRing to get a waiver from the NFL to host the 2016 SuperBowl.

Zygi has to be aware of that. This bs is not good for Minnesota folk that don't want that team moved.
---And the bs I am speaking of is NOT Chilly's bs. THAT bs is already out there. I'm speaking of the continued attacks, the continued media frenzy, the polls in the MST, etc.

Florio is gone the internet equivalent of postal on your franchise.

It is time to also start weighing what effect this will have on the recruitment of your next coach. I'm telling you, that from afar (emotionally) IT DON'T LOOK so good for you.

You got players, fans, SOMEONE in the upper echelons of the organization, and the owner pulling the rug out from under Chilly. The Vikes fans are all saying "GOOD". The other team's fans are laughing, to be sure, but that is mostly b.s. schadenfruede--it wouldn't matter who it is, or what team it was. Everyone likes to knock the other down a peg or two.

You better (ALL) make damn sure that Chilly is as poorly perceived by his contemporaries throughout the league as he is by SOME (WR's, mostly-what a shock, lol) players on your team...and of course the sheeple.

I suspect that once you do in fact shit-can Chilly, you will be shocked to discover just how well respected he was in this league by many of his fellow coaches and upper personnelmen. They can easily start blaming the rest of your organization, after - the - fact.

You may never know any of it... Zygi might find out when he calls a Gruden or a Cowher and gets laughed at over the concept. Head coaches don't like to see their contemporaries screwed over, so I'd make damn sure that Chilly is held in as a low esteem by them as he is in Minny if I were Zygi. You think Zygi is impressing them with these "revelations"? If so, you better re-think that, imo.

In the meantime, that clock ticks towards lease-end...

A strong argument can be made that retention of this team hinges on success on the field--in order to somehow get a stadium deal. Interim coaches---They usually suck bad.


So my short answer is that RM has a legitimate point.

:laugh:

RK.
11-06-2010, 09:17 AM
dfosterf:

This is the same coach that tried to bench Favre last year because he dared to call his own play at the line instead of Chillys stupid unimaginative play calling. FYI he is not considered by anyone as a good coach. Show me where any other head coach says he is. Everything I have ever read is that he is considered to be one of the weakest coaches in the NFL. Of course they would all like to keep him where he is. It makes all their jobs easier. Also what the rest of the league thinks means nothing. Just ask Al Davis. The Wilfs will not have a problem recruiting a new coach. They gave Childress everything he wanted in players he just doesn't know how to use them or manage them. You will notice Moss didn't last a half a day on the open market. Obviously other coaches don't have a problem knowing how to manage and use a future hall of fame WR.

Randy Moss
11-06-2010, 10:51 AM
singersp wrote:

Randy Moss wrote:

As if this season hasn't been embarrassing enough to be a Vikings fan this season, our fans have to go and humiliate themselves as well.

Yeah you are right. Why should we as fans let our displeasure of Childress be known?

Perhaps you would rather see people hold up signs that say "WE still love you Childress"

Or better yet, lets have everyone in the stadium join hands & sing Kumbaya.

Everyone knows the Vikings fans don't like Childress. Why do we need to embarrass ourselves and the players to continue to show this.
Maybe you could cheer on your team? How about that?

There's a reason Vikings fans aren't thought of very highly. This is why.

soonerbornNbred
11-06-2010, 11:22 AM
dfosterf:
You want Chilly to hang around because it insures Vikings failure
Bottomline Chilly is a failure long before Randy he will be long after Randy....There wont be 1 NFL team trying to hire Chilly or his boy TJ while Hes at it I hope He Takes Eric "12 man" Beniemy with him

The only hitch in Firing Childress is the 16 mill over 4 years if all things were even close to equal say even 2 to 1 Brad would be gone and Randy wouldve stayed but it was 3.1 mill for Randy to Brads 16 mill so as far as Zygi is concerned its a money thing right now because he is on the brink of calling the 2010 season a disaster....a Season in which he as a owner tried to put his all into putting a winning product on the field, probably overstepping Chilly twice ( plane to mississippi, and then bringing in Moss)

Man poor Zygi he keeps throwin cash at it, and Brad keeps screwin it up

jrjohn
11-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Randy Moss wrote:

As if this season hasn't been embarrassing enough to be a Vikings fan this season, our fans have to go and humiliate themselves as well.

No Kidding, the whole thing sounds childish and gay.

VikingMike
11-06-2010, 12:11 PM
I understand the concept of showing your displeasure at the coach, I just can't and will never root against the Vikings, regardless of this Childress situation. Just won't do it.

Zygi will make his decision, but I really don't see him making a change in-season...in fact, I'd be totally shocked if he did.

He comes from NJ, was a big fan of the Giants organization, and I feel he's modelling the Vikings after them. So he'll wait until after this season, and he'll hire a good HC to run this team. And maybe he'll move Childress upstairs to evaluate talent, a la George Young...that's where he belongs.

singersp
11-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Randy Moss wrote:

singersp wrote:

Randy Moss wrote:

As if this season hasn't been embarrassing enough to be a Vikings fan this season, our fans have to go and humiliate themselves as well.

Yeah you are right. Why should we as fans let our displeasure of Childress be known?

Perhaps you would rather see people hold up signs that say "WE still love you Childress"

Or better yet, lets have everyone in the stadium join hands & sing Kumbaya.

Everyone knows the Vikings fans don't like Childress. Why do we need to embarrass ourselves and the players to continue to show this.
Maybe you could cheer on your team? How about that?

There's a reason Vikings fans aren't thought of very highly. This is why.

Are you going to tell me, you've never booed

T-Jack
T-Will
Smoot
Culppeper
K-Rob
Sharper
Spergeon Wynn
Tice
Steckel

Or any other player/coach?

And just whom do you think my team is?

BTW, have you even been to a Vikings game? If you had & been to tailgates, you'd know that Vikings fans are thought of very highly, rather than pulling statements like that out of thin air.

singersp
11-06-2010, 02:36 PM
RK. wrote:

dfosterf:

This is the same coach that tried to bench Favre last year because he dared to call his own play at the line instead of Chillys stupid unimaginative play calling. FYI he is not considered by anyone as a good coach. Show me where any other head coach says he is. Everything I have ever read is that he is considered to be one of the weakest coaches in the NFL. Of course they would all like to keep him where he is. It makes all their jobs easier. Also what the rest of the league thinks means nothing. Just ask Al Davis. The Wilfs will not have a problem recruiting a new coach. They gave Childress everything he wanted in players he just doesn't know how to use them or manage them. You will notice Moss didn't last a half a day on the open market. Obviously other coaches don't have a problem knowing how to manage and use a future hall of fame WR.

+1

I think more "contemporaries" & talking heads are chuckling to themselves, that Childress is still around.

I think dfosterf & RM are under the impression that most fans are simply "taking Moss' word for it" in that he's a bad coach or want him gone solely over the Moss incident.

Fact is, it was just the icing on the cake. He's been making stupid moves, poor decisions & has shown poor coaching & player communication skills since he's been here.

What do people think players like M-Rob, Birk, Winfield & who knows who else, confronted him for?

You can buy players & talent, but if you aren't a good coach & use there talents or try to turn them into something they are not, you will not be successful.

Most of our success last year came from Favre undermining Childress & calling plays he felt would work.

singersp
11-06-2010, 02:37 PM
singersp wrote:

Randy Moss wrote:

singersp wrote:

Randy Moss wrote:

As if this season hasn't been embarrassing enough to be a Vikings fan this season, our fans have to go and humiliate themselves as well.

Yeah you are right. Why should we as fans let our displeasure of Childress be known?

Perhaps you would rather see people hold up signs that say "WE still love you Childress"

Or better yet, lets have everyone in the stadium join hands & sing Kumbaya.

Everyone knows the Vikings fans don't like Childress. Why do we need to embarrass ourselves and the players to continue to show this.
Maybe you could cheer on your team? How about that?

There's a reason Vikings fans aren't thought of very highly. This is why.

Are you going to tell me, you've never booed

T-Jack
T-Will
Smoot
Culppeper
K-Rob
Sharper
Spergeon Wynn
Tice
Steckel
McCombs

Or any other player/coach?

And just whom do you think my team is?

BTW, have you even been to a Vikings game? If you had & been to tailgates, you'd know that Vikings fans are thought of very highly, rather than pulling statements like that out of thin air.

singersp
11-06-2010, 02:46 PM
soonerbornNbred wrote:

dfosterf:
You want Chilly to hang around because it insures Vikings failure

He's just bitter because the Packers helsd on to Coach Starr, Gregg & Infante too long. (20 years with only two seasons of .5oo+ ball) :side:

:lol:

jmcdon00
11-06-2010, 04:12 PM
I think we should all just be louder than ever, in hopes it gives the team the slight edge to win the game.

When the Vikings are on defense crowd noise can limit the offenses ability to communicate, and forces the o-line to watch the ball, instead of listening to the snap count, giving the d-line an advantage.

The fan noise is always good in the dome, but I wish it were constant instead of just when they move to the line of scrimmage. During the Huddle the noise can be especially disruptive.

Brewtal
11-06-2010, 04:34 PM
jrjohn wrote:

Randy Moss wrote:

As if this season hasn't been embarrassing enough to be a Vikings fan this season, our fans have to go and humiliate themselves as well.

No Kidding, the whole thing sounds childish and gay.

Think of it like The Good Samaritan Law.

Caine
11-06-2010, 06:10 PM
dfosterf wrote:

singersp wrote:

Randy Moss wrote:

As if this season hasn't been embarrassing enough to be a Vikings fan this season, our fans have to go and humiliate themselves as well.

Yeah you are right. Why should we as fans let our displeasure of Childress be known?

Perhaps you would rather see people hold up signs that say "WE still love you Childress"

Or better yet, lets have everyone in the stadium join hands & sing Kumbaya.

Singer---

Hear me out. RM's concern is a legitimate one. The whole NFL planet... fans, media, etc. are fully cognizant of the vast majority of Vikings fans being extraordinarily displeased with Chilly.

You have a media out there that will "run" with any story, the primary motivation being what level of interest (ratings, etc.) they can accrue from the "interest-pie" of the viewers and listeners.

This is now an absolute feeding frenzy, and it is being further fueled by the fan sheeple that are disgusted and embarrassed, mostly by the COVERAGE of the events that has transpired, contrasted with the REALITY of what has transpired.

The media's response to this has little or no bearing on the fan response to Chiller. It's long been fairly well documented that Chiller wasn't very well regarded by Viking fans. His "Approval rating" used to hover around the 5% mark on the SI site that tracked it.

Last season changed that...mostly because Favre took over the "KAO" and made it work for a change. The trouble is, the Viking Love Fest that surrounded that team also resulted in Zygi thinking that Chiller deserved a pay raise and contract extension...

...it didn't. But He gave one away anyway. Now,. with the virtual collapse of almost the same team, we see just how effective Chiller has been.

This isn't media fueled...this is fan driven.

dfosterf wrote:

The handwriting is on the wall with Chilly. If the Vikings don't turn this thing around immediately, he is probably gone. He may be gone, even if he does. There are a lot of people at fault here, not just your head coach. He is being undermined by certain players and others within the organization. Someday all of that will come to light, but in the meantime a strong argument can be made that regardless of the guilty party or parties, including the coach...

Sadly, the handwriting is NOT on the wall. Chiller has dodged job bullets before...most notably when he drafted Peterson, and Adrian's dominance saved Chiller's pathetic offense.

Further, as I've explained before, Zygi isn't a "Football guy". He's a rich fan. BIG difference. So this "rich fan" went out and bought himself a new toy (The Vikings) and he wants to play too...

The TRUTH is that Zygi has no one to blame but himself. Had he been SMART, he would have hired a real Football Guy to run the show, then sat back in the owners box and smiled for the cameras. But he didn't. Instead, he wanted to be involved in the day-to-day...and Chiller scratched that itch.

Cowher won't. Gruden won't. Parcells wouldn't. None of the big name coaches will be willing to come here if they think Zygi will get underfoot.

And Zygi knows it.

So Chiller is more secure than many here believe. Zygi likes being a power player in the NFL.


dfosterf wrote:

The continued ball-cutting of your coach is counter-productive to the future of the Vikings. I suggest some take a moment and remind themselves of the context in which all this crap is taking place. Just yesterday, news stories hit about the plans in LA by one of the "players" in the stadium sweepstakes to have a stadium built by 2015, at 1 billion plus, and is ALREADY PRing to get a waiver from the NFL to host the 2016 SuperBowl.

The Stadium issue also has nothing to do with Chiller. Chiller is not having his balls cut, as you allege. He's having his LACK of balls displayed.

And nothing we do - short of voting public money for a Viking stadium (Which doesn't seem likely) will alter the fact that the Vikes don't like the Metrodome deal, and LA is offering a brand new stadium.


dfosterf wrote:

Zygi has to be aware of that. This bs is not good for Minnesota folk that don't want that team moved.
---And the bs I am speaking of is NOT Chilly's bs. THAT bs is already out there. I'm speaking of the continued attacks, the continued media frenzy, the polls in the MST, etc.

Again, teh polls, attacks, etc are all directed at a single source - Childress. Removing him removes the attacks.

Will that save the Vikings in Minnesota? No. Only one thing can do that, and that appears less and less likely.

I seriously doubt that Zygi's "Commitment to Minnesota" extends as far as bankrolling his own stadium.

dfosterf wrote:

Florio is gone the internet equivalent of postal on your franchise.

How many people give a shiite about what Florio says?

Other than Florio?

dfosterf wrote:

It is time to also start weighing what effect this will have on the recruitment of your next coach. I'm telling you, that from afar (emotionally) IT DON'T LOOK so good for you.

Again, the recruitment of our next coach will not be very much affected by what is happening now. Chiller made his own bed here...over the course of 5 years. What you're seeing is pent up disgust finally being released after Chiller took it one step too far.

Our NEXT coach will be far more determined by Wilf's willingness to step back and let football guys run things...not rich fans.

dfosterf wrote:

You got players, fans, SOMEONE in the upper echelons of the organization, and the owner pulling the rug out from under Chilly. The Vikes fans are all saying "GOOD". The other team's fans are laughing, to be sure, but that is mostly b.s. schadenfruede--it wouldn't matter who it is, or what team it was. Everyone likes to knock the other down a peg or two.

Again, Chilly pulled the rug out from under Chilly. No one did it TO him. He did it to himself.

As for other fans, they will laugh regardless...just as we laugh when their teams fail.

Here's a tip, though. If CHiller is being roasted, and Vikes fans are all saying, "GOOD"...don't you think that there might be some substance to this? Don't you think that maybe there's a valid point behind this?

I do.

dfosterf wrote:

You better (ALL) make damn sure that Chilly is as poorly perceived by his contemporaries throughout the league as he is by SOME (WR's, mostly-what a shock, lol) players on your team...and of course the sheeple.

Again, that will have far less impact than Zygi's willingness to turn over control to a big gun HC.

And, btw, I have yet to hear anyone ever give a glowing review of Chiller's coaching ability...other than Wilf...and Zeus.

dfosterf wrote:

I suspect that once you do in fact shit-can Chilly, you will be shocked to discover just how well respected he was in this league by many of his fellow coaches and upper personnelmen. They can easily start blaming the rest of your organization, after - the - fact.

I suspect the exact opposite.

Chiller has been a good talent evaluator - except at QB - but a horrible "Coach". He's been ego driven since day one, and no one who valued their job ever stood up to him.

In the end, his ego put him here. And one quick look at our record should indicate to anyone paying attention that Chiller's ego has been making bad decisions for a long time.

dfosterf wrote:

You may never know any of it... Zygi might find out when he calls a Gruden or a Cowher and gets laughed at over the concept. Head coaches don't like to see their contemporaries screwed over, so I'd make damn sure that Chilly is held in as a low esteem by them as he is in Minny if I were Zygi. You think Zygi is impressing them with these "revelations"? If so, you better re-think that, imo.

That also has little to no merit. Gruden came in to Tampa after Dungy was "screwed over"..and won his only Superbowl with Tony's team. Then was unable to EVER come close to repeating.

Coaches do it all the time.

Coaching is a mercenary business. It's not a boys club that protects it's members jealously.

Again, which new HC comes here will be predicated PRIMARILY upon how much CONTROL Zygi is willing to give up. None of the big names will come here with Zygi calling shots. PERIOD.

Chiller will be forgotten 5 minutes after he's fired.

dfosterf wrote:

In the meantime, that clock ticks towards lease-end...

A strong argument can be made that retention of this team hinges on success on the field--in order to somehow get a stadium deal. Interim coaches---They usually suck bad.

And interim coach going 2-7 matches Chiller's record thus far.

Your point is what exactly?

dfosterf wrote:

So my short answer is that RM has a legitimate point.

:laugh:

RM doesn't really havea "legit" point. He has a blind fan point. The old, "Can't we just get along" type of point.

In this case, NO, we CAN'T get along.

Chiller has screwed up one too many times (For me, actually, that occurred about 4 years ago).

Now, you can sit back and say, "Hey, lets cheer on the team anyway" and give the FALSE impression of harmony...or you can stand up and let your position be known.

I have FAR more respect for the latter stance.

I would protest Chiller BECAUSE I support my team. I want him gone BECAUSE I care about how my team fares. I refuse to sit back and accept what is happening BECAUSE I have my team's best interest at heart.

IF RM can't see that, then he is welcome to sit quietly while the rest of us try and fix the problems.

Caine

Infidel
11-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Firing Moss was the crowning achievement in a career marked by one stunningly stupid move after another.

Wave the flag!!!

dfosterf
11-07-2010, 05:10 AM
As I said in the yell, I'm done with the subject, said what I had to say.

I have reflected upon the responses to my input...

You guys are right, after all.

I looked back,discovered that you haven't won a single game outside the friendly confines of the metrodome in about a year.

Take away the advantages of your home field with your red flags and boos...

That ought to show that idiot Chilly :P B) :dry:

jrjohn
11-07-2010, 09:55 AM
Infidel wrote:

Firing Moss was the crowning achievement in a career marked by one stunningly stupid move after another.

Wave the flag!!!

Typical Puker fan

singersp
11-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Caine wrote:

dfosterf wrote:

singersp wrote:

Randy Moss wrote:

As if this season hasn't been embarrassing enough to be a Vikings fan this season, our fans have to go and humiliate themselves as well.

Yeah you are right. Why should we as fans let our displeasure of Childress be known?

Perhaps you would rather see people hold up signs that say "WE still love you Childress"

Or better yet, lets have everyone in the stadium join hands & sing Kumbaya.

Singer---

Hear me out. RM's concern is a legitimate one. The whole NFL planet... fans, media, etc. are fully cognizant of the vast majority of Vikings fans being extraordinarily displeased with Chilly.

You have a media out there that will "run" with any story, the primary motivation being what level of interest (ratings, etc.) they can accrue from the "interest-pie" of the viewers and listeners.

This is now an absolute feeding frenzy, and it is being further fueled by the fan sheeple that are disgusted and embarrassed, mostly by the COVERAGE of the events that has transpired, contrasted with the REALITY of what has transpired.

The media's response to this has little or no bearing on the fan response to Chiller. It's long been fairly well documented that Chiller wasn't very well regarded by Viking fans. His "Approval rating" used to hover around the 5% mark on the SI site that tracked it.

Last season changed that...mostly because Favre took over the "KAO" and made it work for a change. The trouble is, the Viking Love Fest that surrounded that team also resulted in Zygi thinking that Chiller deserved a pay raise and contract extension...

...it didn't. But He gave one away anyway. Now,. with the virtual collapse of almost the same team, we see just how effective Chiller has been.

This isn't media fueled...this is fan driven.

dfosterf wrote:

The handwriting is on the wall with Chilly. If the Vikings don't turn this thing around immediately, he is probably gone. He may be gone, even if he does. There are a lot of people at fault here, not just your head coach. He is being undermined by certain players and others within the organization. Someday all of that will come to light, but in the meantime a strong argument can be made that regardless of the guilty party or parties, including the coach...

Sadly, the handwriting is NOT on the wall. Chiller has dodged job bullets before...most notably when he drafted Peterson, and Adrian's dominance saved Chiller's pathetic offense.

Further, as I've explained before, Zygi isn't a "Football guy". He's a rich fan. BIG difference. So this "rich fan" went out and bought himself a new toy (The Vikings) and he wants to play too...

The TRUTH is that Zygi has no one to blame but himself. Had he been SMART, he would have hired a real Football Guy to run the show, then sat back in the owners box and smiled for the cameras. But he didn't. Instead, he wanted to be involved in the day-to-day...and Chiller scratched that itch.

Cowher won't. Gruden won't. Parcells wouldn't. None of the big name coaches will be willing to come here if they think Zygi will get underfoot.

And Zygi knows it.

So Chiller is more secure than many here believe. Zygi likes being a power player in the NFL.


dfosterf wrote:

The continued ball-cutting of your coach is counter-productive to the future of the Vikings. I suggest some take a moment and remind themselves of the context in which all this crap is taking place. Just yesterday, news stories hit about the plans in LA by one of the "players" in the stadium sweepstakes to have a stadium built by 2015, at 1 billion plus, and is ALREADY PRing to get a waiver from the NFL to host the 2016 SuperBowl.

The Stadium issue also has nothing to do with Chiller. Chiller is not having his balls cut, as you allege. He's having his LACK of balls displayed.

And nothing we do - short of voting public money for a Viking stadium (Which doesn't seem likely) will alter the fact that the Vikes don't like the Metrodome deal, and LA is offering a brand new stadium.


dfosterf wrote:

Zygi has to be aware of that. This bs is not good for Minnesota folk that don't want that team moved.
---And the bs I am speaking of is NOT Chilly's bs. THAT bs is already out there. I'm speaking of the continued attacks, the continued media frenzy, the polls in the MST, etc.

Again, teh polls, attacks, etc are all directed at a single source - Childress. Removing him removes the attacks.

Will that save the Vikings in Minnesota? No. Only one thing can do that, and that appears less and less likely.

I seriously doubt that Zygi's "Commitment to Minnesota" extends as far as bankrolling his own stadium.

dfosterf wrote:

Florio is gone the internet equivalent of postal on your franchise.

How many people give a shiite about what Florio says?

Other than Florio?

dfosterf wrote:

It is time to also start weighing what effect this will have on the recruitment of your next coach. I'm telling you, that from afar (emotionally) IT DON'T LOOK so good for you.

Again, the recruitment of our next coach will not be very much affected by what is happening now. Chiller made his own bed here...over the course of 5 years. What you're seeing is pent up disgust finally being released after Chiller took it one step too far.

Our NEXT coach will be far more determined by Wilf's willingness to step back and let football guys run things...not rich fans.

dfosterf wrote:

You got players, fans, SOMEONE in the upper echelons of the organization, and the owner pulling the rug out from under Chilly. The Vikes fans are all saying "GOOD". The other team's fans are laughing, to be sure, but that is mostly b.s. schadenfruede--it wouldn't matter who it is, or what team it was. Everyone likes to knock the other down a peg or two.

Again, Chilly pulled the rug out from under Chilly. No one did it TO him. He did it to himself.

As for other fans, they will laugh regardless...just as we laugh when their teams fail.

Here's a tip, though. If CHiller is being roasted, and Vikes fans are all saying, "GOOD"...don't you think that there might be some substance to this? Don't you think that maybe there's a valid point behind this?

I do.

dfosterf wrote:

You better (ALL) make damn sure that Chilly is as poorly perceived by his contemporaries throughout the league as he is by SOME (WR's, mostly-what a shock, lol) players on your team...and of course the sheeple.

Again, that will have far less impact than Zygi's willingness to turn over control to a big gun HC.

And, btw, I have yet to hear anyone ever give a glowing review of Chiller's coaching ability...other than Wilf...and Zeus.

dfosterf wrote:

I suspect that once you do in fact shit-can Chilly, you will be shocked to discover just how well respected he was in this league by many of his fellow coaches and upper personnelmen. They can easily start blaming the rest of your organization, after - the - fact.

I suspect the exact opposite.

Chiller has been a good talent evaluator - except at QB - but a horrible "Coach". He's been ego driven since day one, and no one who valued their job ever stood up to him.

In the end, his ego put him here. And one quick look at our record should indicate to anyone paying attention that Chiller's ego has been making bad decisions for a long time.

dfosterf wrote:

You may never know any of it... Zygi might find out when he calls a Gruden or a Cowher and gets laughed at over the concept. Head coaches don't like to see their contemporaries screwed over, so I'd make damn sure that Chilly is held in as a low esteem by them as he is in Minny if I were Zygi. You think Zygi is impressing them with these "revelations"? If so, you better re-think that, imo.

That also has little to no merit. Gruden came in to Tampa after Dungy was "screwed over"..and won his only Superbowl with Tony's team. Then was unable to EVER come close to repeating.

Coaches do it all the time.

Coaching is a mercenary business. It's not a boys club that protects it's members jealously.

Again, which new HC comes here will be predicated PRIMARILY upon how much CONTROL Zygi is willing to give up. None of the big names will come here with Zygi calling shots. PERIOD.

Chiller will be forgotten 5 minutes after he's fired.

dfosterf wrote:

In the meantime, that clock ticks towards lease-end...

A strong argument can be made that retention of this team hinges on success on the field--in order to somehow get a stadium deal. Interim coaches---They usually suck bad.

And interim coach going 2-7 matches Chiller's record thus far.

Your point is what exactly?

dfosterf wrote:

So my short answer is that RM has a legitimate point.

:laugh:

RM doesn't really havea "legit" point. He has a blind fan point. The old, "Can't we just get along" type of point.

In this case, NO, we CAN'T get along.

Chiller has screwed up one too many times (For me, actually, that occurred about 4 years ago).

Now, you can sit back and say, "Hey, lets cheer on the team anyway" and give the FALSE impression of harmony...or you can stand up and let your position be known.

I have FAR more respect for the latter stance.

I would protest Chiller BECAUSE I support my team. I want him gone BECAUSE I care about how my team fares. I refuse to sit back and accept what is happening BECAUSE I have my team's best interest at heart.

IF RM can't see that, then he is welcome to sit quietly while the rest of us try and fix the problems.

Caine

+1

I wonder if [they] thought women humiliated themselves & were an embarrassment to their race for protesting until they got the right to vote or equal rights?

Zeus
11-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Red Flag Day was a big dud.

All there is to say about that.

=Z=

triedandtruevikesfan
11-08-2010, 10:29 AM
I agree Z, I didn't see anyone at all waving them, however I did hear lots of fi-re chil-dress (clap clap, clap clap clap) chants. lol

Zeus
11-08-2010, 12:23 PM
triedandtruevikesfan wrote:

I agree Z, I didn't see anyone at all waving them, however I did hear lots of fi-re chil-dress (clap clap, clap clap clap) chants. lol

There were several - including one sustained one in the 3rd quarter (can't remember the circumstances).

That said - there was also a ton of screaming for the defense and the last 5 minutes of the game and the OT were amazing.

The fans WANT to believe.

=Z=

triedandtruevikesfan
11-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Zeus wrote:

triedandtruevikesfan wrote:

I agree Z, I didn't see anyone at all waving them, however I did hear lots of fi-re chil-dress (clap clap, clap clap clap) chants. lol

There were several - including one sustained one in the 3rd quarter (can't remember the circumstances).

That said - there was also a ton of screaming for the defense and the last 5 minutes of the game and the OT were amazing.

The fans WANT to believe.

=Z=

I always WANT to believe in the team... I still hate Childress though :-)

At least I got on the news!

Erinnn
11-08-2010, 03:06 PM
triedandtruevikesfan wrote:

Zeus wrote:

triedandtruevikesfan wrote:

I agree Z, I didn't see anyone at all waving them, however I did hear lots of fi-re chil-dress (clap clap, clap clap clap) chants. lol

There were several - including one sustained one in the 3rd quarter (can't remember the circumstances).

That said - there was also a ton of screaming for the defense and the last 5 minutes of the game and the OT were amazing.

The fans WANT to believe.

=Z=

I always WANT to believe in the team... I still hate Childress though :-)

At least I got on the news!

Fans booed the attendance announcement, was that during the third?

I saw the KSTP report, and thought I saw people who looked familiar from the tailgate photos.

marstc09
11-09-2010, 11:23 PM
Zeus wrote:

Red Flag Day was a big dud.

All there is to say about that.

=Z=

Then why were you crying about it all day long? The fans made their point and that is all there is to say about that.

Zeus
11-10-2010, 11:04 AM
marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Red Flag Day was a big dud.

All there is to say about that.

Then why were you crying about it all day long? The fans made their point and that is all there is to say about that.

You have no idea what I or anyone else was doing all day long as you spent the entire morning sitting in your little chair, trying not to throw up.

=Z=

marstc09
11-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Zeus wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Red Flag Day was a big dud.

All there is to say about that.

Then why were you crying about it all day long? The fans made their point and that is all there is to say about that.

You have no idea what I or anyone else was doing all day long as you spent the entire morning sitting in your little chair, trying not to throw up.

=Z=

Wrong again. I was not hungover. I just did not get any sleep. Big difference.

jmcdon00
11-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Childress and the Vikings won, the haters lost. End of story.

NodakPaul
11-10-2010, 02:17 PM
jmcdon00 wrote:

Childress and the Vikings won, the haters lost. End of story.

Haters, right.

Yes, the Vikings won, but I hardly think that a single win against another struggling team is going to be enough to get Childress off the hot seat.

I am willing to bet a dollar that Childress is gone after this season (if not before) unless we make a deep dive into the playoffs.

The fans are disenchanted with Childress, there are reports of players being disenchanted with Childress, and we are losing games on a regular basis. That doesn't sound like a good recipe for a head coach keeping his job to me...

Johnson14
11-11-2010, 06:03 AM
NodakPaul wrote:

jmcdon00 wrote:

Childress and the Vikings won, the haters lost. End of story.

Haters, right.

Yes, the Vikings won, but I hardly think that a single win against another struggling team is going to be enough to get Childress off the hot seat.

I am willing to bet a dollar that Childress is gone after this season (if not before) unless we make a deep dive into the playoffs.

The fans are disenchanted with Childress, there are reports of players being disenchanted with Childress, and we are losing games on a regular basis. That doesn't sound like a good recipe for a head coach keeping his job to me...

+1

scottishvike
11-11-2010, 03:59 PM
The only fan "protest" that always gets the coach the sack is when the public stops turning up and splashing the cash.