Vikingsx92
11-01-2010, 01:57 PM
NFL.Com

NodakPaul
11-01-2010, 01:58 PM
What the FUCK?

Vikingsx92
11-01-2010, 02:00 PM
This is sickening. Harvin was dominating due to all the attention Moss received.

Childress needs to be fired NOW

NodakPaul
11-01-2010, 02:00 PM
I don't even know what to say at this point.

idahovikefan7
11-01-2010, 02:03 PM
wow

Mr Anderson
11-01-2010, 02:03 PM
ZYGI, DO SOMETHING.

We all know who needs to go.

Infidel
11-01-2010, 02:08 PM
This explains the mysterious statements by Moss after the game.

He knew he was going to be waived and he was buttering up the Patriots in hopes they'd pick him up again.

midgensa
11-01-2010, 02:09 PM
This is kind of unreal to me.

He was drawing coverage at least. I agree that his production was not what it needed to be and his attitude was ridiculous after the game yesterday ... but this is wild to me.

I guess they think Sid is coming back sooner than later ... or they are just officially throwing in the towel.

marstc09
11-01-2010, 02:11 PM
I am at a loss of words right now

Traveling_Vike
11-01-2010, 02:12 PM
This is insane. I mean, what is the point of letting the guy go?

It a total knee-jerk panic move, unjustified and stupid.

If this is Childress's call, then I am once and for all on the fire him bandwagon.

VikingMike
11-01-2010, 02:12 PM
So essentially we gave up a 3rd round pick to rent Randy for 4 games? Wow, great job Chilly...what do you know that we don't know? I am dumbfounded.

This guy is killing us. Unreal.

Brewtal
11-01-2010, 02:13 PM
I have tickets to the Vikings vs Green Bay game. I'm glad I have not yet purchased my airline tickets because I will not be flying to Minnisota and spending my money now. I will not spend another penny on this orginization untill Childrss is gone.

skum
11-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Fired for speaking the truth

12purplepride28
11-01-2010, 02:14 PM
i'm so pissed off right nwo i can't do anything constructive. bad time for a chemistry lab with acids for me right now.

kevoncox
11-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Anyone that thinks this isn't a Childress move is back on the pipe. Honestly, there is only one ego-maniac on this team. He can't get past the fact that Farve does not like him and he is trying to reel the team in...the only problem is no one respects him. See Harvin's comments about 3 games ago. Fire him please.

Red
11-01-2010, 02:15 PM
So you guys rented Moss for 3 games for a 3rd round pick? :laugh:

I'm seriously going to lol if he ends up back on the Pats, though thats a one in a million chance.

NodakPaul
11-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Red wrote:

I'm seriously going to lol if he ends up back on the Pats, though thats a one in a million chance.

We deserved to be laughed at.

On the bright side, the Hershal Walker trade no longer looks like the stupidest trade in history...

El Vikingo
11-01-2010, 02:20 PM
Great!!We are offcially the laughing stock in the NFL.Wow man just wow.

Red
11-01-2010, 02:23 PM
NodakPaul wrote:

Red wrote:

We deserved to be laughed at.

On the bright side, the Hershal Walker trade no longer looks like the stupidest trade in history...

I honestly hate to see it. I have no ill feelings or malice towards the Vikings at all- I just DESPISE Brett Favre, a seething hatred that stems from his time in GB. You guys have a shit ton of talent but the coaching- there are no words.

Infidel
11-01-2010, 02:25 PM
The Vikings now officially lead the NFL in drama.

What a totally dysfunctional organization.

Mind boggling.

NodakPaul
11-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Infidel wrote:

The Vikings now officially lead the NFL in drama.

What a totally dysfunctional organization.

Mind boggling.

At least we are leading the NFL in something...

ThorSPL
11-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Mind bottling ..... yes I mean it that. Ron Burgundy should be reporting it. Wow.

Erinnn
11-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Red wrote:

Shit, it's Monday and we're still being outcoached by Belichick

shoon
11-01-2010, 02:32 PM
So can we all finally agree this year was lost due to Childress? Finally?

#4kicksA$$
11-01-2010, 02:35 PM
shoon wrote:

I would have agreed to that before the season started. But most on here would rather blame Favre, but Brett is actually the least of this teams problems.

singersp
11-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Magic said Moss wouldn't move to LA.

Brewtal
11-01-2010, 02:41 PM
#4kicksA$$ wrote:

shoon wrote:

I would have agreed to that before the season started. But most on here would rather blame Favre, but Brett is actually the least of this teams problems.

Fuck Childress, hope everyone else joins me in boycotting the game. I don't give a damn, give us a blackout. I will not be spending money on this team untill this Asshole is gone.

delviking
11-01-2010, 02:42 PM
im not really all that sad at the move yes it makes our O go back to previous but really we won just as much with him as without him. 1-3 without and 1-2 with not much better.

he also has already given up on the team as such with easy Td he could have gotten last night during the PI call we got 3 instead of 7 outta him not going for the ball hell BB would have at least tried to catch it. 9-10 times he drops it but at least would have tried.

and who knows maybe rice will be back for the next game if not Cam and harvin are just gonna have to play well. and ride Our RBs.

singersp
11-01-2010, 02:46 PM
How many people here bought a new Moss Vikings jersey or have one on order?

stjmnsota
11-01-2010, 02:47 PM
What the fricking hell?! Another dumb Vikings move. Obviously trying to get rid of the rest of the fans so they can move the Vikings to LA.

Childress and the rest of the Coaching staff need to go NOW. YES that includes Frasier. We need a clean slate with a big name coach that will kick the players asses until they do their jobs. All Frasier has done is taken over a defense in place and not improved it at all.

And our offense sucks. We got lucky last year. Moss needed to stay. We get Rice back and then we had a chance to do something the rest of the season.

Take TJ with you this time Childress. Just get the F out of Minnesota you P.O.S.

MaxVike
11-01-2010, 02:51 PM
As I wrote in another post...a loss in New England, and a
2-5 record; this Team will start to unravel. Here we go...

Further, apparently, a Head Coach has the right to call out a player publicly in his press conference...and, that same right doesn't transfer to a player. Come on Childress :angry:

Honestly, the only shot Zygi has at a new stadium now is to FIRE everyone, yes, EVERYONE, with the possible exclusion of Frazier... Then hire Gruden or Cowher, maybe even Holmgren. Give whichever one all the power he wants. If he wants a GM, hire the best. If not, give it to him.

A third round pick for renting Moss for three weeks...what a clusterfuck.

Rest assured PP.O, Moss' departure is just the beginning.

HEY
11-01-2010, 02:57 PM
I refuse to believe this is true. Even after looking at several web pages which are confirming the move.

IT CAN'T BE TRUE!!!

This would make the Vikinga the joke of 2010. Not to mention how badly the Patriots owned us. I think Belicheck have hated Childress since we snagged Mills of their wavier. For instance, did anyone see how he ignored Childress after the game?

I miss 2009.

NodakPaul
11-01-2010, 03:02 PM
singersp wrote:

I had one on order for my son. I am calling tonight to see if I can get it changed to AD.

Reignman
11-01-2010, 03:02 PM
I think we already broke the league record for off field distractions in 1 season, now I think we're going to destroy it.

This move is going to hurt our running game and other receivers most, but I wouldn't exactly say Moss was giving us his best effort.

As pointed out on SC a few moments ago, the final play in the Green Bay game, it looked like he could've given a better effort on that pass in the back of the endzone. I never saw a good angle of the play, but I thought that too at the time. And that PI play vs New England it looked like he could've caught it for a TD, the ball landed at his feet, but he totally quit on the play.

BleedinPandG
11-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Reignman wrote:

I think we already broke the league record for off field distractions in 1 season, now I think we're going to destroy it.

This move is going to hurt our running game and other receivers most, but I wouldn't exactly say Moss was giving us his best effort.

As pointed out on SC a few moments ago, the final play in the Green Bay game, it looked like he could've given a better effort on that pass in the back of the endzone. I never saw a good angle of the play, but I thought that too at the time. And that PI play vs New England it looked like he could've caught it for a TD, the ball landed at his feet, but he totally quit on the play.

Very few plays did I see Moss give much effort... he looked like a shadow of his former self... but still... I'm at a loss for words. There has to be more to this than we know. You don't give up a 3rd round pick for 3 games... and even with his half assed effort, teams were still double teaming him which helped Harvin and AD. There is more to this than that press conference.

Vikefanman2000
This is beyond stupid......and I dont even blame Randy for this one! Childress has shown me nothing from day one. He got into a situation where he had so much talent he couldnt help but win some games by accident. Now he is being asked to actually provide leadership...and this is what we get.

Zeus
Brewtal wrote:

#4kicksA$$ wrote:

shoon wrote:

Fuck Childress, hope everyone else joins me in boycotting the game. I don't give a damn, give us a blackout. I will not be spending money on this team untill this Asshole is gone.

Even if only 5000 people showed up, it won't be blacked out. The tickets have already been sold.

=Z=

Infidel
11-01-2010, 03:07 PM
The team is now weaker.

And.....to get a weaker team....we gave up a third round draft choice.

Stupidest thing I ever heard of.

purplepride2010
11-01-2010, 03:09 PM
I don't know if this was mentioned, but he did not even get on the plane to come back to Minnesota after the game.

Zeus
11-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Infidel wrote:

The team is now weaker.

And.....to get a weaker team....we gave up a third round draft choice.

Stupidest thing I ever heard of.

When they made the trade, they expected Randy to give a shit and try. I sure didn't see a lot of that, but did see a whole lot of laziness and petulance.

=Z=

jrjohn
11-01-2010, 03:12 PM
I think you guys are jumping to conclusions. It's very well possible that Moss is behind this. And if Moss wants to leave and you don't let him, he won't play to any appreciable degree. You just can't keep blaming chilly for everything. Not that I like the guy, but I didn't see all this complaining last year when the Vikings were winning. coaches don't get stupid overnight.

Ok start the flaming....

purplejokr
11-01-2010, 03:13 PM
purplepride2010 wrote:

I don't know if this was mentioned, but he did not even get on the plane to come back to Minnesota after the game.

Moss was given permission by the team to stay in Boston for a few days after the game. It is a normal circumstance in the NFL.

idahovikefan7
11-01-2010, 03:16 PM
well on a more happy note, hopefully this will bring us that much closer to canning the bald f***!!!

jrjohn
11-01-2010, 03:16 PM
NE is good at stealing signals, they could have orchestraded this entire deal and essentually stole a 3 rounder. I would advance this wild theory only if he goes back to NE

ConnecticutViking
11-01-2010, 03:17 PM
There is a reason why Randy has bounced from Minn, Oak, NE, and back to Minn. If he was a model citizen he wouldn't be in anyones doghouse. With that said...You know what you we're getting with Randy and in order to get the best out of him, you need to have a leader at the head coach position. Chilly can't control Favre, how the hell is he going to deal with Randy. This has to be the worst move in NFL history. A third round pick for three games.

CAN CHILLY NOW

Minniman
11-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Childress cannot handle receivers with big egos. He has proven this in the past. So how many holidays has Childress fired a receiver on now? Halloween and Christmas are two I know of.

Think about it, Randy Moss is traded from one of the best coached teams in the NFL to Minnesota, and he gets to see first hand how things are done here. It has to laughable and disappointing.

We know Favre changed plays on the field last season, and that did a lot to open up the offense. We know Favre lobbied Bevell to finally call downfield plays. We know Childress blames Favre for the losses and has stated that Favre has to play within the "system". We know that the system is run, run, pass, and punt.

Moss may be claimed, or he may become a free agent. If he is allowed to become a free agent, the Vikings will still get the tab for his salary this season. The Vikings may end up losing a third round draft pick and having to pay Moss to play for another team.

Whomever thought this was a good idea in the front office should be canned. This is going to go down on the complete downside for the Vikings. This is a Red McCombs type move, and the Wilf regime will never be trusted again.

lovesmesomevikes
11-01-2010, 03:19 PM
When the news break came on KFAN, I thought for sure it was finally happening clueless was getting fired......WOW that's all I can say.

Of course Moss didn't put a full effort in, he along with the rest of the team has zero respect for this loset coach.

I will go to the game Sunday proudly wearing my Moss (circa 98) Jersey and carrying my Fire Clueless sign. Section 112 represent :).

ConnecticutViking
11-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Minniman wrote:

Childress cannot handle receivers with big egos. He has proven this in the past. So how many holidays has Childress fired a receiver on now? Halloween and Christmas are two I know of.

Think about it, Randy Moss is traded from one of the best coached teams in the NFL to Minnesota, and he gets to see first hand how things are done here. It has to laughable and disappointing.

We know Favre changed plays on the field last season, and that did a lot to open up the offense. We know Favre lobbied Bevell to finally call downfield plays. We know Childress blames Favre for the losses and has stated that Favre has to play within the "system". We know that the system is run, run, pass, and punt.

Moss may be claimed, or he may become a free agent. If he is allowed to become a free agent, the Vikings will still get the tab for his salary this season. The Vikings may end up losing a third round draft pick and having to pay Moss to play for another team.

Whomever thought this was a good idea in the front office should be canned. This is going to go down on the complete downside for the Vikings. This is a Red McCombs type move, and the Wilf regime will never be trusted again.
+1

oaklandzoo24
11-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Childress is a clown, this organization has become a circus. This is just unbelievable, I am speechless. Wow.

idahovikefan7
11-01-2010, 03:29 PM
"Randy is very sad to find out about being waived by the Vikings this morning," Moss' agent, Joel Segal, said in an e-mail to the Star Tribune. "He has and always will remain fond of the fans in Minnesota. We will let the process of the waiver wire take its course and we will move on from there."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/106461848.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aU1yDEmP:QMDCinchO7DU

BenMoss84
11-01-2010, 03:31 PM
You guys this is truly unbelievable!!! Childress is the stupidest head coach in Vikings history by a mile... unbelievable...

Freya
11-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Dang, I wish I could see the point of this. Stunning.

idahovikefan7
11-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Jay_Glazer Players liked Moss but guys were saying this season, nothing chilly does surprises them

ejmat
11-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Traveling_Vike wrote:

If this is Childress's call, then I am once and for all on the fire him bandwagon.

+1. That's right I am officially on the fire Childress crowd. This is totally his fault. His decision of the challenge yesterday was downright stupid. I don't mind going for it on 4th and 1 but how about throwing at least 1 WR in the package to at least keep all 11 defenders from being on the line?

FIRE CHILDRESS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

I am speechless. This is the stupidest move since we just spent a 3rd round pick. Even if we kept him for the season we could have received a comp pick for him leaving. What a joke. I don't care what was said Childress deserves all the blame because of his assinine conservative crap. For me to say this is telling something since I have backed him from the beginning. i started losing most faith during the Jet game. Now I've lost all of of it.

battleaxe4cheese
11-01-2010, 03:34 PM
The Bald Eagle strikes again. Why in the name of all that is good and holy did we pick him up for. It's not like he was an unknown he is problematic wherever he goes. Well at least we don't have a third round pick next year so that's good. What is going on?

idahovikefan7
11-01-2010, 03:35 PM
hopefully this is a sign that Rice is close to being back on the field.

Zeus
11-01-2010, 03:36 PM
BenMoss84 wrote:

You guys this is truly unbelievable!!! Childress is the stupidest head coach in Vikings history by a mile... unbelievable...

You must not remember Les Steckel.

=Z=

battleaxe4cheese
11-01-2010, 03:37 PM
idahovikefan7 wrote:

Em...that would be a logical view but the bald eagle doesn't believe in logic he runs strictly from the realm of "stream of consciousness"

Caine
11-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Zeus wrote:

BenMoss84 wrote:

=Z=

Except Les Steckel was FIRED...Chiller is still here...

battleaxe4cheese
11-01-2010, 03:40 PM
We have gone from contenders to pretenders to offenders to jokes. I love it baby. Stream that in your consciousness.

HEY
11-01-2010, 03:44 PM
idahovikefan7 wrote:

"Randy is very sad to find out about being waived by the Vikings this morning," Moss' agent, Joel Segal, said in an e-mail to the Star Tribune. "He has and always will remain fond of the fans in Minnesota. We will let the process of the waiver wire take its course and we will move on from there."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/106461848.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aU1yDEmP:QMDCinchO7DU
Thank you so much for posting this!
Apparently, Moss is very sad to find out that the Vikings released him. My solution: hurry up and fire Childress and MAYBE Randy Moss will want to keep staying here.

Imagine if Childress just waited a week or two then we would have Sidney Rice and Randy Moss on the field together. Damn!

jmcdon00
11-01-2010, 03:49 PM
What is the timeline for Waivers to happen?
If nobody picks him up on Waivers could the Vikings keep him?

Minniman
11-01-2010, 03:53 PM
jmcdon00 wrote:

Then Moss is a free agent.

The only thing the Vikings will keep is the bill for his salary.

battleaxe4cheese
11-01-2010, 03:55 PM
jmcdon00 wrote:

Randy would retire before he had to listen to the bald eagle talk about his KAO one more time.

ejmat
11-01-2010, 03:57 PM
jmcdon00 wrote:

Could happen but won't. Childress is too pig-headed to take him back at this point. They go by the "record" system so Buffalo gets first dibs at him.

If the Vikings were smart they could have kept him for the season and received comp for him leaving unless of course they decided to fire Childress and Moss decided to stay.

Zeus
11-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Caine wrote:

Zeus wrote:

BenMoss84 wrote:

Which has nothing at all to do with this guy proclaiming him to be the "stupidest head coach in Vikings history by a mile..." does it?

=Z=

Ozzie
11-01-2010, 04:05 PM
hmmm....is there more to this story?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/01/glazer-moss-not-waived-yet-still-not-informed-of-move/

scycon
11-01-2010, 04:10 PM

Give me a break Randy. I don't think we should have cut you so hastily, but even though you were double covered you can't even call what you brought to the field yesterday effort. If you really cared about the fans here then you should go out and play like you care. To me, you will always be the most talented lazy receiver to ever play the game. I don't care about any circumstances you don't agree with. When you're out on the field at least attempt to do what you get paid for. Good riddance.

jargomcfargo
11-01-2010, 04:17 PM
Not sure why they went after him.
Childress sure didn't know how to use his talents.
He's not going to try or sprint unless his number is called.
He's always been that way.

Just as well waive him. They didn't know how to use him.

Unbelievable.

purplejokr
11-01-2010, 04:20 PM
idahovikefan7 wrote:

Nothing that I have read indicates that at all. In fact, reports are that Rice is still "weeks" away from returning.

bbqplatypus318
11-01-2010, 04:22 PM
FML.

Freakout
11-01-2010, 04:27 PM
I don't buy this he wasn't trying garbage. The guy still to this day demands double coverage and his presence alone brought Harvin back to life.

Our offense started looking better with Randy, there is no fluke to that.

There is NOTHING positive about this move and blaming Randy is only something a Childress fanboi would do.

Get ready for the fireworks. There is no way guys on the team will bite their tongue over this.

V-Unit
This is so stupid in so many ways.

Chilly has got to go.

-V-

HEY
Ozzie wrote:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/01/glazer-moss-not-waived-yet-still-not-informed-of-move/

Comment by a Patriots fan:

As a Patriots fan looking in from the outside, this is by far one of the funniest stories ever. I bet Packer fans agree with us in that this is great to watch. From the awesome press conference, to Chilly going rogue, to the thought of Moss bumbling around in Boston somewhere, still unaware of being cut, this is all just great. An added bonus is that the Patriots look like the smartest team in the league.

Sorry Viking fans, I know this must be a nightmare. I feel for you guys, really

idahovikefan7
11-01-2010, 04:28 PM
JasonLaCanfora Vikings could opt to waive him later, as Chilly told the team he would, but I'm told others in management not sold on cutting Moss

AngloVike
11-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Ozzie wrote:

I was just reading that... if true then would be very interesting and really put Chilly on the hotseat.

jargomcfargo
11-01-2010, 04:33 PM
idahovikefan7 wrote:

JasonLaCanfora Vikings could opt to waive him later, as Chilly told the team he would, but I'm told others in management not sold on cutting Moss

Maybe we will get lucky and they will cut Childress instead.
What goes around comes around Chilly.

purplejokr
idahovikefan7 wrote:

I'm reading the same thing from Jay Glazer...

Link. (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/01/glazer-moss-not-waived-yet-still-not-informed-of-move/)

Maybe we get lucky and Moss stays and Childress is asked to clean out his desk.

scottishvike
Just when you were thinking things can't get any worse. It looks like last year was a fluke and this is how it's going to be as long as Childress remains. Although I'm usually against firing coaches when there is some hope left in the season, in this case he has to go now. We're a fuckin laughing stock yet again.

AngloVike
11-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Moss not on waiver wire (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/)

pro1ml
11-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Not yet waived....This is weird and I hope Chilly gets canned and not Moss!!!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/01/monday-waiver-wire-does-not-include-randy-moss/

Ozzie
11-01-2010, 04:46 PM
I can't see anyway out of this clusterfuck for Chilly. Not only did he create it but if ownership actually stands behind him he'll loose the team (even more than he already has). Only way around it is to can him promote Frazier interim and move along. Maybe they can even find cause in this and not have to buy out his contract.

michaelmazid
11-01-2010, 04:49 PM
i don't think its a bad move to waive moss.
I think it was a horrible move to bring him in.
Fire Chilly

Freakout
11-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Ozzie wrote:

I can't see anyway out of this clusterfuck for Chilly. Not only did he create it but if ownership actually stands behind him he'll loose the team (even more than he already has). Only way around it is to can him promote Frazier interim and move along. Maybe they can even find cause in this and not have to buy out his contract.

Firing Chilly is the only way.

If Moss is let go then the team will completely tune Monkey Man out.

If he is kept then Moss and the rest will still not trust him anymore.

He is nothing more than a walking corpse at this point.

SkolPensacola
11-01-2010, 04:55 PM
I can't believe Childress would say "he's not with the team anymore" if it wasn't true. It may not be official, but I doubt he'd say that unless it had been cleared with the Wilf's. Chilly had no business being a head coach and it still blows me away that they gave him a contract extention last year.

purplejokr
11-01-2010, 04:56 PM
Could it be that we watch Moss on the field next Sunday in purple and see Childress no longer pace the Viking sideline in purple?

Wow!

rudsdog55
11-01-2010, 04:57 PM
All vikings fans going to the Dome for the game need to bring signs saying Fire Chilly now. Show how you feel. No matter how much you polish a terd. It still will be a terd.

Sajid28
11-01-2010, 05:04 PM
i just heard chillys press conference that he had today on vikings.com. he does not mention that moss is being released. something isnt right here.. maybe zygi stopped chilly from doing it, cuz he does have final say. hopefully chilly gets fired and frazier takes over for the rest of the season.

singersp
11-01-2010, 05:09 PM
idahovikefan7 wrote:

Jay_Glazer Players liked Moss but guys were saying this season, nothing chilly does surprises them

What's in store for tomorrow?

With the stupidity I've seen lately, it wouldn't surprise me a bit to see them trade AD or tell Favre to retire or be fired.

NodakPaul
11-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Adam Schefter tweeted:

multiple members of the Vikings organization -- the front office and the players -- want Randy Moss back (not that he ever left).

PackSux!
11-01-2010, 05:23 PM
A great way to make some extra cash right now would be to print up a crap load of fire chilly shirts and sell them outside of the dome on sunday. I know I would by a few if I was going to the game.

I am now officially on the FIRE CHILLY bandwagon now. I supported him in the past but to do something like this is beyond me, and if it is true that Randy was trying to tell coaches about things that New England would do and they didnt listen, then that just blows my mind.

FIRE CHILLY! Please.

bleedpurplengold
11-01-2010, 05:27 PM
WHAT IS GOING ON HERE PLEASE FIRE THIS DUMB ASSS COACH HE HAVE JUST GAVE UP ON THE WHOLE FRICKIN.... SEASON HE MADE ME LOOK LIKE A JACK ASS TO ALL MY FRIENDS SAYING WE HAVE RANDY MOSS NOW HE'S GONE DUMB ASS COACH THANK YOU.

kyleburkle
11-01-2010, 05:28 PM
had a thread about favre playing for the camera now they do huge drama and fire moss, common this team sucks and is selling the only thing it can DRAMA

BleedinPandG
11-01-2010, 05:36 PM
PackSux! wrote:

A great way to make some extra cash right now would be to print up a crap load of fire chilly shirts and sell them outside of the dome on sunday. I know I would by a few if I was going to the game.

I am now officially on the FIRE CHILLY bandwagon now. I supported him in the past but to do something like this is beyond me, and if it is true that Randy was trying to tell coaches about things that New England would do and they didnt listen, then that just blows my mind.

FIRE CHILLY! Please.

I've been a stout Chilly supporter... but if even half of what I suspect is true here... I'm leaning towards it. Not because of some of the stupid crap posted in various threads, but quite simply because he doesn't know how to manage talent. Between last week's press conference calling out Favre and this... well, fiasco... he has shown he doesn't understand what it takes to maximize his team and frankly, that's unacceptable. He doesn't make plays on the field obviously... his job, plain and simple, is to maximize the effort and performance he gets from the players he puts on the field for him. That's any manager's job and frankly, he's doing a VERY bad job of that lately. Part of the NFL is managing egos, if he can't do that, he can't be successful. I won't be the banner waver on the Fire Chilly Bandwagon... but I'm onboard.

scottishvike
11-01-2010, 05:38 PM
How Randy Moss quitting on a play led to his release by Vikings

If Randy Moss doesn't give up on this play, Brett Favre doesn't get injured. And if Brett Favre doesn't get injured, maybe the Minnesota Vikings go on to beat the New England Patriots and maybe Moss doesn't give his bizarre, postgame self-conference and maybe the Vikes are 3-4 today and thinking playoffs instead of sitting in the NFC North cellar at 2-5. And maybe Randy Moss would still have a job

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/How-Randy-Moss-quitting-on-a-play-led-to-his-rel?urn=nfl-281576

I thought he could have caught it at the time too, what's happened since is still a mind**** though.

idahovikefan7
11-01-2010, 05:39 PM
NodakPaul wrote:

Adam Schefter tweeted:

multiple members of the Vikings organization -- the front office and the players -- want Randy Moss back (not that he ever left).

Ya I'm curious to see where this is going to go (as are all of us). But either way someone is going to have to go. right?

Vikes
11-01-2010, 05:46 PM
BleedinPandG wrote:

PackSux! wrote:

FIRE CHILLY! Please.

I've been a stout Chilly supporter... but if even half of what I suspect is true here... I'm leaning towards it. Not because of some of the stupid crap posted in various threads, but quite simply because he doesn't know how to manage talent. Between last week's press conference calling out Favre and this... well, fiasco... he has shown he doesn't understand what it takes to maximize his team and frankly, that's unacceptable. He doesn't make plays on the field obviously... his job, plain and simple, is to maximize the effort and performance he gets from the players he puts on the field for him. That's any manager's job and frankly, he's doing a VERY bad job of that lately. Part of the NFL is managing egos, if he can't do that, he can't be successful. I won't be the banner waver on the Fire Chilly Bandwagon... but I'm onboard.

+1....

If you want to be contenders managing these EGO's comes with the job.

so-cal vike
11-01-2010, 05:46 PM
I don't agree with firing a head coach during the season but, if the Vikings can keep Moss by doing so, then I say fire Childress now.

BadlandsVikings
11-01-2010, 05:47 PM
When the team follows Ragnar on the field the whole place should chant fire childress till the kickoff

pro1ml
11-01-2010, 05:48 PM
so-cal vike wrote:

I don't agree with firing a head coach during the season but, if the Vikings can keep Moss by doing so, then I say fire Childress now.

Sounds like that is the only way it could happen according to Jay Glazer. I don't blame Moss one bit....

@Jay_Glazer: Even if team talks Chilly out of actually waiving Moss, those close to Moss says no way he returns now w Chilly there, not after this

scottishvike
11-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Did Childress go solo on Moss move?

Based on media reports, here's what we can piece together:

1.Agent Joel Segal told the Star Tribune that he and Moss learned of the move Monday morning.

2.During his early-afternoon news conference, coach Brad Childress told reporters that he had given Moss permission to remain in New England and visit family members. "I allowed him to stay back there and visit with his family, since he is from there and he will be back Wednesday morning [or] Tuesday night," Childress said.

3.Immediately after that news conference, Childress told Vikings players in a team meeting that Moss would be waived.

4.Linebacker Ben Leber confirmed that Childress broke the news to players.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/30721/did-childress-go-solo-on-moss-move

If these events are true, why does Moss know he's been waived on Monday morning yet early afternoon Childress is telling the press Moss will be coming back Tuesday or Wednesday? Apart from anything else does Childress not think the truth is going to come out sooner or later.

So much of this makes no sense at all.

gregair13
11-01-2010, 05:53 PM
None of this makes sense. What would make sense is Chilly getting hit by a bus

scottishvike
11-01-2010, 05:53 PM
BadlandsVikings wrote:

When the team follows Ragnar on the field the whole place should chant fire childress till the kickoff

The players should join in too.

JerBearLuvsDaVikes
11-01-2010, 05:59 PM
http://twitter.com/adam_schefter

FWIW, being told WR Randy Moss is open to returning to Minnesota. Whether it happens is anyone's guess.

jrjohn
11-01-2010, 06:00 PM
copied this from PFT blog, for whats is worth, but it's sounds about right

According to several team insiders (as reported by KFAN's Paul Allen about 27 minutes ago), Moss and his attitude were crippling the team's morale on the practice field, in the locker room, and during games (watch yesterday's game and tell me how much effort Moss exerted), and the coaches couldn't let another player (in addition to Favre) have the power to negatively influence the other 52 members of the team.

HEY
11-01-2010, 06:02 PM
so-cal vike wrote:

I'm with you.

Freakout
11-01-2010, 06:03 PM
jrjohn wrote:

According to several team insiders (as reported by KFAN's Paul Allen about 27 minutes ago), Moss and his attitude were crippling the team's morale on the practice field, in the locker room, and during games (watch yesterday's game and tell me how much effort Moss exerted), and the coaches couldn't let another player (in addition to Favre) have the power to negatively influence the other 52 members of the team.

Spin spin spin.

What happened to him helping the offense and defense prepare for NE all week?

Unfortunately Wilf looks to be as big of a joke as Red.

singersp
11-01-2010, 06:05 PM
NodakPaul wrote:

singersp wrote:

I had one on order for my son. I am calling tonight to see if I can get it changed to AD.

Hopefully you can get it changed. At the rate we are going, hell getting AD's jersey might not be safe.

I was going to order a Moss jersey on Saturday, but put it off to do something else &forgot to do it. Procrastination paid off.

kjdaddy
11-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Friggin ridiculous. We are a Laughing stock at this point. Everybody put those 84 jerseys back in the drawer. How many people just bought one again??
Harvin was benefitting huge. CHILLY SUX!!!!!!!

gregair13
11-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Reports are changing all day. wtf

jrjohn
11-01-2010, 06:07 PM
gregair13 wrote:

Reports are changing all day. wtf

Stay tuned, I'm sure this comedy will get better with age

scottishvike
11-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Freakout wrote:

jrjohn wrote:

Spin spin spin.

So one negative influence is Ok but two is not allowed?

The biggest negative influence on the team is Childress anyway, maybe he was getting jealous of people stealing his thunder.

NDVikingFan66
11-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Just read on PFT

Randy Moss Waiver Wire (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/01/monday-waiver-wire-does-not-include-randy-moss/)

scorpiodsu says:
November 1, 2010 5:40 PM
I'd be pissed too if I was Harvin. You see how wide open he is with Moss taking 2 defenders deep with him almost every play? He's not what he used to be but he still has a big impact on the field of play. Does he take some plays off? Of course. The problem is the defenders don't know which plays he will take off.

Great line I thought. Never thought of it that way, not sure I support it, but a unique thought anyway.

Freakout
11-01-2010, 06:15 PM
scottishvike wrote:

Freakout wrote:

jrjohn wrote:

Spin spin spin.

The biggest negative influence on the team is Childress anyway, maybe he was getting jealous of people stealing his thunder.

What I mean is that the team, if that report is legit, (the PR department) has started covering their ass.

They are on board with Chilly and backing his decision so we're stuck with the idiot for who knows how long.

If the FO was upset with him to the point of firing him they wouldn't leak that information.....

.......and Randy is an easy target. His history is public. Easy to paint him as the one at fault.

singersp
11-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Caine wrote:

Zeus wrote:

BenMoss84 wrote:

=Z=

And when he was fired, we got Bud back for a year!!!!

Sajid28
11-01-2010, 06:18 PM
REPORTS: BRAD CHILDRESS ACTED ALONE ON MOSS; HAS "LOST THE LOCKER ROOM" (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/01/reports-brad-childress-acted-alone-on-moss-has-lost-the-locker-room/)

You have to wonder how strongly the front office remains "Childress guys" at this point. Childress did not tell management about his plan to cut Moss, according to NFL Network's Michael Lombardi. Childress has control over the 53-man roster, but this seems like a curious, if not self-destructive, time for Childress to go rogue and make a power play.

WTF do you mean he didnt tell management he was going to cut him? What does this guy think, he owns the team? Hopefully this will open the door for Bald Clueless to be on his way out

scottishvike
11-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Freakout wrote:

scottishvike wrote:

Freakout wrote:

jrjohn wrote:

Spin spin spin.

What I mean is that the team, if that report is legit, (the PR department) has started covering their ass.

They are on board with Chilly and backing his decision so we're stuck with the idiot for who knows how long.

If the FO was upset with him to the point of firing him they wouldn't leak that information.....

.......and Randy is an easy target. His history is public. Easy to paint him as the one at fault.

I wasn't having a go at you, I'm just pissed at the whole situation right now.

NDVikingFan66
11-01-2010, 06:21 PM
Is it possible this was a leak by a player to make Chilly look like an idiot.

Kind of like a shot from the grassy knoll?

scottishvike
11-01-2010, 06:24 PM
NDVikingFan66 wrote:

Is it possible this was a leak by a player to make Chilly look like an idiot.

Kind of like a shot from the grassy knoll?

Childress doesn't need anyone's help to make him look like an idiot, he's more than capable on his own. BTW you don't hear the words capable and Childress in the same sentence very often.

Purple Mk1
11-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Chilly has turned this team into a fucking joke. They are, and should be, the laughing stock of the NFL!!

Terrible coaching, inability to make any adjustments, the team ALWAYS coming out flat, screwing up personnel matters (sticking with TJoke - did anyone see his amazing play yesterday after practicing with the 1st team all week), the totally predictable KOA and now this? - does ANYBODY still think this guy has what it takes to be a decent head coach? He was the OC in Philadelphia and he wasn't even allowed to call plays. What did he do, carry Reid's clipboard and make a list of all the washed up Eagles he'd like to pick up to make his "dream team" (Lito Shepherd and Hank Basket being the latest)?

He has totally lost the team and it only goes downhill from here if Chilly stays.

Zygi - PLEASE KEEP MOSS AND FIRE CHILLY NOW!

The upside is that if Moss goes and Chilly stays, the Vikings will probably go 4-12 and get a top 5 pick in the 2011 draft (maybe a franchise QB or OL help?) AND a new head coach.

Purple Floyd
11-01-2010, 06:27 PM
ejmat wrote:

Traveling_Vike wrote:

+1. That's right I am officially on the fire Childress crowd. This is totally his fault. His decision of the challenge yesterday was downright stupid. I don't mind going for it on 4th and 1 but how about throwing at least 1 WR in the package to at least keep all 11 defenders from being on the line?

FIRE CHILDRESS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

I am speechless. This is the stupidest move since we just spent a 3rd round pick. Even if we kept him for the season we could have received a comp pick for him leaving. What a joke. I don't care what was said Childress deserves all the blame because of his assinine conservative crap. For me to say this is telling something since I have backed him from the beginning. i started losing most faith during the Jet game. Now I've lost all of of it.

I knew you would see things my way eventually. :woohoo:

Purple Floyd
11-01-2010, 06:28 PM
Zeus wrote:

BenMoss84 wrote:

=Z=

We had a FO at that time that wasn't stupid enough to keep him for 5 damn years.

marshallvike
11-01-2010, 06:32 PM
from NFL network

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81bca082/article/moss-still-a-viking-after-childress-says-wr-would-be-waived

Childress did not tell management of his desire to part with Moss, according to Lombardi, but Childress did tell the team that Moss would be waived. Childress has control over the 53 man roster.

Fox Sports and NFL Network's Jay Glazer reports that Vikings players were taken by surprise by Childress' announcement and are "livid" over the move.

singersp
11-01-2010, 06:35 PM
gregair13 wrote:

That don't make sense either.

The wheels have already came off the bus & a bus without wheels doesn't move.

Purple Floyd
11-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Would anyone who has been arguing with me for the past 5 years about how Childress is a better coach than Tice please get back to me on that one?

I for one would love to see things settle back into an occasional boat orgy to be honest with you.

Until that dumbass is fired i am not going to watch another game.

gregair13
11-01-2010, 06:40 PM
singersp wrote:

gregair13 wrote:

Is there enough wind to blow the bus over crushing his head?

singersp
11-01-2010, 06:42 PM
gregair13 wrote:

singersp wrote:

gregair13 wrote:

Is there enough wind to blow the bus over crushing his head?

Would you even need wind when there are 53 players?

scottishvike
11-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Purple Floyd wrote:

I for one would love to see things settle back into an occasional boat orgy to be honest with you.

First time I've laughed since I heard about the Moss fiasco, thanks. :laugh:

marshallvike
11-01-2010, 06:43 PM
singersp wrote:

gregair13 wrote:

If the players are pissed, and management is pissed, WTF is chilly still doing in minneapolis?
I don't see an 8 game win streak now.
If he has now lost the team, there is no sense waiting.

singersp
11-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Moss still a Viking after Childress says WR would be waived (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81bca082/article/vikings-cut-moss-less-than-a-month-after-acquiring-wr-in-trade?module=breaking_news)

Vikings players confirmed Monday that coach Brad Childress informed them during a team meeting of his intention to waive wide receiver Randy Moss less than a month after acquiring him in a trade with New England.

singersp
11-01-2010, 06:47 PM
singersp wrote:

Moss still a Viking after Childress says WR would be waived (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81bca082/article/vikings-cut-moss-less-than-a-month-after-acquiring-wr-in-trade?module=breaking_news)

Vikings players confirmed Monday that coach Brad Childress informed them during a team meeting of his intention to waive wide receiver Randy Moss less than a month after acquiring him in a trade with New England.

The optimum word there is "INTENTION". Did he only say it & not follow thru with it other than telling Moss because he was POed at him?

Remember Childress' speech when he was hired, "Make no mistake about it, I am in charge"

I said earlier in the season when we got Moss, was this team big enough for 3 ego's?

I think Childress has reached the boiling point.

SkolPensacola
11-01-2010, 06:48 PM
singersp wrote:

"intention to waive". Hopefully intention is the key word there and Wilf will step in and write up Chilly's buyout rather than Moss'.

keystonevike
marshallvike wrote:

from NFL network

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81bca082/article/moss-still-a-viking-after-childress-says-wr-would-be-waived

Childress did not tell management of his desire to part with Moss, according to Lombardi, but Childress did tell the team that Moss would be waived. Childress has control over the 53 man roster.

Fox Sports and NFL Network's Jay Glazer reports that Vikings players were taken by surprise by Childress' announcement and are "livid" over the move.

If this is chilly's call, FIRE HIM NOW! He doesn't have the respect of his players anymore.
One year after coming sooo close, this team is starting to unravel. As they continue to lose, it may get even more strange and ugly. Depressing.
FIRE CHILDRESS NOW!

Tad7
I'm with chilly on this decision.

Does anyone disagree Moss easily could've caught that TD on which there was pass interference? He's back to playing when he wants to play. He clearly doesn't give 100% when he gets shut down early. Not to mention there was reports he stood up in the locker room and told everybody else to not answer questions about him. Then there was the weird press conference yesterday too after skipping out the week before. He opened up things for Harvin yes, but overall he's acting really fucking weird. Something is wrong in his head.

There's a reason a well-run organization like the Pats got rid of him and now he's pushed things too far for Childress too in less than a month.

Now he wants to act like the victim putting out statements about how he's saddened by the news because he loves the fans in Minnesota but if he did, the best way to show it is to put forth your best effort all the time.

I've been a big fan of Moss since '98 whether he was a Viking or not..but I have a hard time believing he's overall good for the team at this point.

scottishvike
11-01-2010, 06:51 PM
singersp wrote:

Moss has yet to be informed by the team of his release, though he is assuming at this point he will be waived, a source with knowledge of the situation told NFL Network inside Jason La Canfora.

If you are going to can someone in any walk of life they should be the first to know. Whether or not it's the right decision Childress's man management skills are abysmal.

marshallvike
11-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Tad7 wrote:

Does anyone disagree Moss easily could've caught that TD on which there was pass interference? He's back to playing when he wants to play. He clearly doesn't give 100% when he gets shut down early. Not to mention there was reports he stood up in the locker room and told everybody else to not answer questions about him. Then there was the weird press conference yesterday too after skipping out the week before. He opened up things for Harvin yes, but overall he's acting really fucking weird. Something is wrong in his head.

There's a reason a well-run organization like the Pats got rid of him and now he's pushed things too far for Childress too in less than a month.

Now he wants to act like the victim putting out statements about how he's saddened by the news because he loves the fans in Minnesota but if he did, the best way to show it is to put forth your best effort all the time.

I've been a big fan of Moss since '98 whether he was a Viking or not..but I have a hard time believing he's overall good for the team at this point.

did you miss the last post?
Fox Sports and NFL Network's Jay Glazer reports that Vikings players were taken by surprise by Childress' announcement and are "livid" over the move

Purple Floyd
11-01-2010, 06:54 PM
marshallvike wrote:

Tad7 wrote:

Fox Sports and NFL Network's Jay Glazer reports that Vikings players were taken by surprise by Childress' announcement and are "livid" over the move

You have to excuse him. He still thinks Jackson is the future at QB

petev_sj
11-01-2010, 06:57 PM
I guess I am one of the few that saw this coming. After that tirade Moss made in front of the media, I had a feeling this was going to happen. And yes I agree with everyone who says it's hypocrisy for a head coach to question his QB's decisions, but a WR can't question the coaches' decision.

Randy Moss has this style where he barely makes a effort at running, then all the sudden he burst past the DBs. That has always been his style since 1998. Some WRs do the Shake n Bake to try and get seperation, Moss does the stop and go method. It's not that he doesn't give 100%, it's just his style.

purplejokr
11-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Besides the fact that the Vikings KNEW Moss was a headcase when they decided to trade for him!? Now when he acts like a headcase, you release him?!?

FWIW, I have never been on the Fire Childress bandwagon either but I do not want that man as the HC of the Vikings after the beginning of this season and how he has handled this situation!

Tad7
11-01-2010, 07:01 PM
marshallvike wrote:

Tad7 wrote:

I also heard earlier from Judd Zulgad(or one of those guys) and from Paul Allen on Dan Barierro's show say that there's certain guys who haven't liked Randy Moss this whole time.

And I just can't blame Childress for wanting to do this anyway. Moss was doing his best to embarrass him. Whether what he's saying is true or not, Chilly doesn't have to put up with that stuff and who would blame him.

And Moss flat out isn't trying a lot of the time. And maybe it's because he hates Childress. How that's good for the rest of the team that has big goals, I have no idea.

Bill Belichick and Brad Childress both haven't gotten sick of Moss in the last 30 days just for the fun of it.

jargomcfargo
11-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Speculation about Moss' presser, where he said he told the coaches a few tendencies of New England, but they wouldn't listen, pissed Childress off.

If that is true Childress should have had the balls to sit face to face with Moss and sort it out, then cut him if he feels there is no resolution. But Childress is a coward.

Childress ran his mouth and disclosed information that was supposed to be a confidential conversation between the league officials and himself. Maybe he's a hypocrite.

Maybe Wilf should waive Childress.

How will this affect his relationship with the players from here on out?

Childress underestimated the popularity of Moss with this fan base.

Before this I thought Childress would be gone by Christmas. Now he'll be lucky to last past Thanksgiving.

One other thought, Belichek wanted to get rid of Moss and got a 3rd round pick for him.
Childress wanted to get rid of him and got nothing for him. Imagine that!

purplepride2010
11-01-2010, 07:08 PM
<----- this guy running the team?

VikingMike
11-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Schefter on Twitter:

Those who know Zygi Wilf say Vikings owner is angry his team plans to waive the player that he wanted, and worked to bring back, to Minn.

Zeus
11-01-2010, 07:15 PM
Freakout wrote:

jrjohn wrote:

Spin spin spin.

Yes - anything that paints Randy in anything but a positive light is spin.

What horseshit.

=Z=

Zeus
11-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Purple Floyd wrote:

Zeus wrote:

BenMoss84 wrote:

We had a FO at that time that wasn't stupid enough to keep him for 5 damn years.

Which, like Caine's comment, has nothing to do with that guy's assertion that "Childress is the stupidest head coach in Vikings history by a mile".

=Z=

KrackerJack
11-01-2010, 07:18 PM
jargomcfargo wrote:
Childress underestimated the popularity of Moss with this fan base.

No kidding. He clearly wanted to get Moss out to eliminate the criticism, or in other words, to protect his job more... Somehow he didn't realize that the Minnesota fan base overall, likely, has much more loyalty towards Moss than himself.

The fans hate him (even more), the players are "livid", rumors are that managment disagrees and he failed to inform them of his intentions before telling the team(Which I'd assume is true, considering he has yet to be waived)

Moss may not have been playing his best football, but he may have helped out the Minnesota Vikings yet again. Childress, that seat is getting hotter, pack your bags... Randy should feel free to give him one of these on his way out:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_BpMgNcZq53c/RfeB72oTRZI/AAAAAAAAAHg/5-dCIdPdBHo/s320/moss_moon.jpg

Actually, Chilly likely won't be canned for this, unfortunately... but I can hope.

Fire this jackass.

Caine
11-01-2010, 07:19 PM
I have never been a fan of Childress. That shouldn't surprise anyone. I have wanted him fired since midway through his first season - once I saw his "KAO" in action (It should be called a "JKO" - Just Kidding Offense).

That said, he's pulled a move so stupid that even I am surprised by how dumb he's being.

Maybe Randy isn't trying hard enough...maybe (Although I disagree).

Maybe Randy said some things you didn't like about the Pats (Although if you've watched football for the past 8 years, you know Moss is Moss and does stuff like that).

Maybe you've decided that throwing away a 3rd rounder is a good idea (because you're brain damaged).

But where is the upside?

What does Chiller gain here? Control of the Locker room? Not hardly. Most guys are in Favre's corner...after all, HE can actually call plays.

Does he gain respect through the league? No...he has a lot of people salivating at the prospect of getting Moss for free (Miami and Seattle), but no one is saying, "Damn, that Chiller sure is a football genius". They say THAT about the guy that whipped Chiller last night.

Does he solidify his position within the organization? No. If anything, he makes it worse. How many lap dances and hummers will it take to settle Zygi down now?

Chiller has shown that he doesn't have a clue about getting a clue to find a clue about having a clue. He's removing the sole reason his receivers are even a little bit productive. He's also removing any and all hope that this team will come together and make a solid push for success with him at the helm.

The SMART move right now is to ride the wave of locker room energy and fire Chiller, then make Frazier interim HC. This shows Moss the love he DIDN'T feel in New England, PLUS it signals to Favre, "Time to tear it up".

Doing so, in my opinion, revitalizes this team, and puts us back on track.

Keeping Chiller and losing Moss...well...remember how bad we sucked 4 weeks ago? Add in a demoralized locker room that now realizes their Head Coach is retarded.

Caine

singersp
11-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Tad7 wrote:

The Pats traded him after 3 years in Moss' last year of the contract & got something for him before he became a FA.

Childress: 3 weeks

Are you trying to insinuate that Childress is smarter than Belichek?

SharperImage
11-01-2010, 07:25 PM
How do you lose moss twice? I'm just wondering. I bet if AD did that shit they wouldn't release him

singersp
11-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Caine wrote:

I have never been a fan of Childress. That shouldn't surprise anyone. I have wanted him fired since midway through his first season - once I saw his "KAO" in action (It should be called a "JKO" - Just Kidding Offense).

That said, he's pulled a move so stupid that even I am surprised by how dumb he's being.

Maybe Randy said some things you didn't like about the Pats (Although if you've watched football for the past 8 years, you know Moss is Moss and does stuff like that).

Maybe you've decided that throwing away a 3rd rounder is a good idea (because you're brain damaged).

But where is the upside?

What does Chiller gain here? Control of the Locker room? Not hardly. Most guys are in Favre's corner...after all, HE can actually call plays.

Does he gain respect through the league? No...he has a lot of people salivating at the prospect of getting Moss for free (Miami and Seattle), but no one is saying, "Damn, that Chiller sure is a football genius". They say THAT about the guy that whipped Chiller last night.

Does he solidify his position within the organization? No. If anything, he makes it worse. How many lap dances and hummers will it take to settle Zygi down now?

Chiller has shown that he doesn't have a clue about getting a clue to find a clue about having a clue. He's removing the sole reason his receivers are even a little bit productive. He's also removing any and all hope that this team will come together and make a solid push for success with him at the helm.

The SMART move right now is to ride the wave of locker room energy and fire Chiller, then make Frazier interim HC. This shows Moss the love he DIDN'T feel in New England, PLUS it signals to Favre, "Time to tear it up".

Keeping Chiller and losing Moss...well...remember how bad we sucked 4 weeks ago? Add in a demoralized locker room that now realizes their Head Coach is retarded.

Caine

+1

If you don't want to read the whole thing....

a demoralized locker room now realizes their Head Coach is retarded a "challenged hillbilly lover".

Purple Floyd
11-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

Zeus wrote:

BenMoss84 wrote:

Which, like Caine's comment, has nothing to do with that guy's assertion that "Childress is the stupidest head coach in Vikings history by a mile".

=Z=

Yeah, I do realize that.

How about this:

Steckel never once blew a challenge like Childress did.

Tad7
11-01-2010, 07:28 PM
singersp wrote:

Tad7 wrote:

The Pats traded him after 3 years in Moss' last year of the contract & got something for him before he became a FA.

No at all.

The Patriots traded Moss in such a hurry because of the way he was crying about a new contract at press conferences, saying he didn't feel loved by the team. Belichick's teams don't do things like that. Things just went downhill faster in Minnesota. Childress likes to have his team under control too (like Belichick) and Moss couldn't help himself.

And I'll say it again, Moss was not putting forth his best effort. It was clear..who wants that???

Everyone is free to hate Childress for many reasons but Moss did this to himself.

idahovikefan7
11-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Caine wrote:

But where is the upside?

Caine

Couldn't have been said any better...

singersp
11-01-2010, 07:33 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/01/reports-brad-childress-acted-alone-on-moss-has-lost-the-locker-room/

Purple Floyd
11-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Tad7 wrote:

singersp wrote:

Tad7 wrote:

No at all.

The Patriots traded Moss in such a hurry because of the way he was crying about a new contract at press conferences, saying he didn't feel loved by the team. Belichick's teams don't do things like that. Things just went downhill faster in Minnesota. Childress likes to have his team under control too (like Belichick) and Moss couldn't help himself.

And I'll say it again, Moss was not putting forth his best effort. It was clear..who wants that???

Everyone is free to hate Childress for many reasons but Moss did this to himself.

The finer point to this is that Childress knew going into this that Moss had the capacity to go rogue and yet a mere 26 days or so into the deal it has completely blown up. I don't care what side of the fence you are on if you cannot make the relationship last longer than a typical menstrual cycle then maybe you should re evaluate your whole communication grid and see where the broken nodes are.

singersp
11-01-2010, 07:34 PM
singersp wrote:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/01/reports-brad-childress-acted-alone-on-moss-has-lost-the-locker-room/

LOL! Some of the replies are hilarius!

skimbell says:
November 1, 2010 7:13 PM

I can just hear Chilly now...
Men, we're screwed! But don't worry, I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to GEICO!

jrjohn
11-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Tad7 wrote:

I agree with you 100%!!

Purple Floyd
11-01-2010, 07:38 PM
singersp wrote:

Ha Ha.

I want to revisit that conversation again with the person who made the "Childress doesn't have the final say" argument with me.

"He really has," Mortensen said. "The players are not Childress guys right now. There's a sense there, 'does this head coach really know what he's doing?' That's the truth. You talk to people in that locker room, that's what you you're gonna get from them."

You have to wonder how strongly the front office remains "Childress guys" at this point. Childress did not tell management about his plan to cut Moss, according to NFL Network's Michael Lombardi. Childress has control over the 53-man roster, but this seems like a curious, if not self-destructive, time for Childress to go rogue and make a power play.

Also, the whole thing about the "players like him because you don't hear any of them saying anything in the media to the contrary"

singersp
11-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Randy Moss Cut; Why Are You Surprised?

http://thefastertimes.com/sportschat/2010/11/01/randy-moss-cut-why-are-you-surprised/

idahovikefan7
11-01-2010, 07:49 PM
JasonLaCanfora So the Vikings release Randy Moss afterall. Team just put him out a statement. So he goes on waivers Tuesday, can't be claimed til Wednesday

HEY
11-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Why can we not trade him instead?

Texas Viking
11-01-2010, 07:53 PM
This might actually solve our stadium problem. After this move, a circus tent will be more fitting for the Vikings.

jrjohn
SharperImage wrote:

How do you lose moss twice? I'm just wondering. I bet if AD did that shit they wouldn't release him

AD wouldn't do the crap the Moss does, and besides, AD is a team player

Erinnn
singersp wrote:

Randy Moss Cut; Why Are You Surprised?

http://thefastertimes.com/sportschat/2010/11/01/randy-moss-cut-why-are-you-surprised/

I don't trust any man with a porn name and bad headshot.

http://thefastertimes.com/sportschat/wp-content/userphoto/9b69f8e1095e7cf983ecfd3d788d042fLerner.jpg
Mason Lerner

jrjohn
11-01-2010, 07:59 PM
HEY wrote:

IMHO I really don't think anybody would want him for any extended period of time. He might be good as a fill in like the vikings needed him for, but if you need him for more than a couple games, he will poisen the team.

Sajid28
11-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Report: Zygi Wilf angry that Moss is being waived (http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/12014/Report--Zygi-Wilf-angry-that-Moss-is-being-waived/Default.aspx)

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports those who know Zygi Wilf say Vikings owner is angry his team plans to waive the player that he wanted, and worked to bring back, to Minn.

Zygi its about time... Its time to get Bald Clueless out of here.

Mr Anderson
11-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Trade deadline was a few weeks ago.

Fuck Childress. If we didn't fire him today, he's gonna be here for at least next season.

Sajid28
11-01-2010, 08:03 PM
jrjohn wrote:

HEY wrote:

IMHO I really don't think anybody would want him for any extended period of time. He might be good as a fill in like the vikings needed him for, but if you need him for more than a couple games, he will poisen the team.

were also past the trade deadline.. thats the reason why we cant trade him

Tad7
11-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Statement From Vikings Head Coach Brad Childress (http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Statement-From-Vikings-Head-Coach-Brad-Childress/74ccf06d-7616-41d3-aed3-f4c9935f40be)

Posted 34 minutes ago

HEY
11-01-2010, 08:08 PM
I thought the trade deadline was week 8... oh wait! Never mind.

Damn, this sucks!

Culpepper_4717
11-01-2010, 08:11 PM
OK, I have a plan. We all get Challenge flags and throw them at Chilly.

vikinggreg
11-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Before Zygi would have to buyout Chilly's contract to fire him but after this Moss stuff, wonder if this could be just cause to can him if he didn't clear this with the rest of the front office and the owner.......I hope so now.

vikinggreg
11-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Tad7 wrote:

Statement From Vikings Head Coach Brad Childress (http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Statement-From-Vikings-Head-Coach-Brad-Childress/74ccf06d-7616-41d3-aed3-f4c9935f40be)

Posted 34 minutes ago

Come on statement from the owner that Brad Childress has be escorted from the build and we wish he would go F himself ;)

vegasvike
11-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Sajid28 wrote:

Report: Zygi Wilf angry that Moss is being waived (http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/12014/Report--Zygi-Wilf-angry-that-Moss-is-being-waived/Default.aspx)

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports those who know Zygi Wilf say Vikings owner is angry his team plans to waive the player that he wanted, and worked to bring back, to Minn.

Zygi its about time... Its time to get Bald Clueless out of here.

That's a good one hahahaha! I threw away a burger that wasnt so good, my coworker said I had a "childress burger. It has all the right ingredients, but its just no good."

Purple Floyd
11-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Mr Anderson wrote:

Trade deadline was a few weeks ago.

Fuck Childress. If we didn't fire him today, he's gonna be here for at least next season.

If that is the case he might be the only one here. Hopefully he turns out the lights when he leaves.

jrjohn
11-01-2010, 08:24 PM
I thought this summed it up pretty good I'm not even sure where the heck I found it

Here is the calculus for anyone who isn’t picking it up yet:

Brad Childress’s Coaching + Brett Favre’s Media Whoring + Randy Moss’s Delusional Pouting = Bill Belichick cackling like the super villain he is while gently petting the newly acquired third round pick resting safely in his lap as he decides whether or not to take his little diva back at a profit.

That is easy math.

Sajid28
11-01-2010, 08:24 PM
im trying to have the guys at firechilly.com and givechildresstheboot.com to create a billboard outside of Vikings Headquarters saying "Fire Childress!" I am willing to donate for this project

HEY
11-01-2010, 08:25 PM
NFL Network: What do Vikings fans think? (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-around-the-league/09000d5d81bcb2b6/What-do-Vikings-fans-think)

Purple Floyd
11-01-2010, 08:30 PM
HEY wrote:

NFL Network: What do Vikings fans think? (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-around-the-league/09000d5d81bcb2b6/What-do-Vikings-fans-think)

Fire Childress.

RK.
11-01-2010, 08:34 PM
The poison on this team is Childress. Remember last year when he tried to pull Favre from a game when he called his own plays. Childress needs to go now. I agree with Caine. Wilf needs to step up and take charge or he is going to lose money.

rudsdog55
11-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Hey we should rent a billboard by winterpark saying Fire Chilly for being retarded.

jrjohn
11-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Three years ago, the Packers sent Brett Favre packing when he waffled about retirement. Packer fans were Pissed!
Turns out it was the right move, I don't think there is a single Packer that misses the Mississippi Miss.
Brett should have been canned years earlier but he was kept because the fans liked him. (mistake)

This Moss thing is no different. He should not have been in minnesota to begin with. I would never rehire somebody I fired, it never works! You can't keep picking up the other teams problems and think things will be different just because the geographical location is different.

ultravikingfan
11-01-2010, 08:39 PM
HEY wrote:

The trade deadline was October 19.

vegasvike
11-01-2010, 08:40 PM
HEY wrote:

HAHAHAHA BURN DOWN THE METRODOME W/ CHILDRESS IN IT!!!

PackSux!
11-01-2010, 08:47 PM
vikinggreg wrote:

Before Zygi would have to buyout Chilly's contract to fire him but after this Moss stuff, wonder if this could be just cause to can him if he didn't clear this with the rest of the front office and the owner.......I hope so now.

I dont remember Chilly's contract but buying him out is about the same as paying Randy 5 million to play for another team after he clears waivers.

marstc09
11-01-2010, 08:52 PM
Minniman wrote:

Great post.

singersp
11-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Tad7 wrote:

Posted 34 minutes ago

I thought Chilly acted alone? What's with the "WE" shiit.

singersp
11-01-2010, 09:01 PM
marstc09 wrote:

Minniman wrote:

Great post.

It's a good post.

A great post would get Randy back.

Freakout
11-01-2010, 09:12 PM
singersp wrote:

Tad7 wrote:

Posted 34 minutes ago

The team, aka Wilf, has tucked his balls back and decided to give into Childress. The "inside sources" leaking out that he was a bad influence is typical PR spin to smooth over the fan base. The press release confirms it.

The problem is the time line doesn't add up. We hear all week how he is helping the coaches prepare for New England. Moss goes as far to say they will double cover him and he won't be used much. Childress gives him the permission to stay behind (by the way Moss is so bad but he gets permission 1st heh). What changed? It has to be a knee jerk reaction to his press conference. Why else would the players be shocked or upset?

The awful truth is Chilly isn't going anywhere. Wilf isn't going to admit to a mistake. We will see him next season as Jackson leads us to a 4-14 record.

We're fucked.

Mr Anderson
11-01-2010, 09:15 PM
zygiwilf@vikings.com
rickspielman@vikings.com

Who knows if they work.
It only takes a few seconds to write an email - It can't hurt.

Try it.

Fire Childress - Save Moss.

vegasvike
11-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Freakout wrote:

singersp wrote:

Tad7 wrote:

Posted 34 minutes ago

The team, aka Wilf, has tucked his balls back and decided to give into Childress. The "inside sources" leaking out that he was a bad influence is typical PR spin to smooth over the fan base. The press release confirms it.

The problem is the time line doesn't add up. We hear all week how he is helping the coaches prepare for New England. Moss goes as far to say they will double cover him and he won't be used much. Childress gives him the permission to stay behind (by the way Moss is so bad but he gets permission 1st heh). What changed? It has to be a knee jerk reaction to his press conference. Why else would the players be shocked or upset?

The awful truth is Chilly isn't going anywhere. Wilf isn't going to admit to a mistake. We will see him next season as Jackson leads us to a 4-14 record.

We're fucked.

4-14? hahahaha there are only 16 reg season games. hahahaha what will we finish this year?

GQVikesFanLV
11-01-2010, 09:17 PM
Mort just reported during the Monday night half time show that Moss will be put on the waiver wire tomorrow morning. :(

singersp
11-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Mr Anderson wrote:

zygiwilf@vikings.com
rickspielman@vikings.com

Who knows if they work.

Try it.

What the hell! Done!

Added it to Facebook also

VikesFan787
11-01-2010, 09:25 PM
What's the difference between Brad Childress and a box of rocks? They're both stupid, but rocks can handle a little Moss.

vegasvike
11-01-2010, 09:27 PM
VikesFan787 wrote:

What's the difference between Brad Childress and a box of rocks? They're both stupid, but rocks can handle a little Moss.

I have to put that as my fb status!

ejmat
11-01-2010, 09:33 PM
jrjohn wrote:

Three years ago, the Packers sent Brett Favre packing when he waffled about retirement. Packer fans were Pissed!
Turns out it was the right move, I don't think there is a single Packer that misses the Mississippi Miss.
Brett should have been canned years earlier but he was kept because the fans liked him. (mistake)

This Moss thing is no different. He should not have been in minnesota to begin with. I would never rehire somebody I fired, it never works! You can't keep picking up the other teams problems and think things will be different just because the geographical location is different.

Really? I don't think the pats or their fans are too upset in bringing back Branch. Though I agree there may be two sides to this story your re-hiring theory in the NFL doesn't make sense. Especially when there are two totally different regimes.

jrjohn
11-01-2010, 09:41 PM
ejmat wrote:

jrjohn wrote:

Really? I don't think the pats or their fans are too upset in bringing back Branch. Though I agree there may be two sides to this story your re-hiring theory in the NFL doesn't make sense. Especially when there are two totally different regimes.

Was Branch a headcase like Moss? I don't know anything about Branch. I'm saying I would never re-hire somebody I fired because they were a problem or a negative influence to the other workers or in this case players

ejmat
11-01-2010, 09:41 PM
singersp wrote:

Mr Anderson wrote:

zygiwilf@vikings.com
rickspielman@vikings.com

Who knows if they work.

Try it.

What the hell! Done!

Done!!!!!

Purple Blood
11-01-2010, 09:48 PM
GQVikesFanLV wrote:

Mort just reported during the Monday night half time show that Moss will be put on the waiver wire tomorrow morning. :(

Did you see him laughing,even the reporters are laughing at us.

This just makes the move to La smoother. It would be a lot easier to be a Cowboys fan these days

singersp
11-01-2010, 09:58 PM
I'm going to start chanting "WE WANT RANDY" at the game Sunday

Caine
11-01-2010, 09:59 PM
jrjohn wrote:

ejmat wrote:

jrjohn wrote:

Was Branch a headcase like Moss? I don't know anything about Branch. I'm saying I would never re-hire somebody I fired because they were a problem or a negative influence to the other workers or in this case players

Moss isn't a head case. Never has been. Moss has always been very open about what he wants, and what he'll do when it's denied him.

Moss wants to be a part of the process. He wants to be involved. he wants to be taken seriously, and to be appreciated. in that regard, he's a bit of a prime-donna.

But that isn't new.

Chiller doesn't do things that way. Chiller says, "My way or the highway" and stupidly tries to sell us all on the notion that he is in control.

So, what was Randy's true crime? He made Chiller look like he really is - an idiot - on national television. Hell, Chiller does that all the time...he should waive himself.

Bottom line, this was a horrible move in numerous ways...but Chiller just lost the locker room, and he'll never get it back. As a result of his stupid ego trip move, we've officially screwed our season.

I have NEVER quit on this team before. EVER. But I think we're done. I think that CHILLER put HIS ego first, and cut off his nose to spite his face.

FIRE CHILLER!!

Caine

KrackerJack
11-01-2010, 09:59 PM
ejmat wrote:

singersp wrote:

Mr Anderson wrote:

zygiwilf@vikings.com
rickspielman@vikings.com

Who knows if they work.

Try it.

What the hell! Done!

Done!!!!!

Also done. Just like Mr. A said, it takes a few seconds, just do it.

Mr Anderson
11-01-2010, 10:09 PM
"There's no way you take Randy Moss away from any quarterback in this league, and that quarterback gets better. It's not possible"
- Cris Carter on October 6th.

Let's hear what Favre thinks.

I want 53 brutally honest opinions of Childress from this team. I wish they'd all talk to Wilf overnight.

KrackerJack
11-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Mr Anderson wrote:

"There's no way you take Randy Moss away from any quarterback in this league, and that quarterback gets better. It's not possible"

I want 53 brutally honest opinions of Childress from this team. I wish they'd all talk to Wilf overnight.

That's exactly what it would take, too. The entire team needs to show Wilf. I don't think it will happen though.

KrackerJack
11-01-2010, 10:17 PM
singersp wrote:

I'm going to start chanting "WE WANT RANDY" at the game Sunday

Please do. The main reason I can't wait for this game now is to see the horrific reception Chilly gets. Run that moron out of town.

BadlandsVikings
11-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Has a whole team ever walked out because of the coach?

idahovikefan7
11-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Move to toss Moss puts Childress on hot seat

Super Bowl? How about super bizarre?

A Vikings season that began with high expectations took another controversial turn Monday. Less than a month after a shocking trade to reacquire Randy Moss, coach Brad Childress jettisoned the wide receiver after only four games. As always, there was a unique Vikings twist. Childress did not inform owner Zygi Wilf of his intentions, according to an NFL source, and angered some in the organization by working alone. As a result, Moss was not put on waivers by the 3 p.m. deadline and the team did not confirm he was gone until issuing a statement Monday night.

He might not care. A member of the franchise who was privy to details of a team meeting Monday said Childress told players that Moss' actions were not consistent with what he wanted from his guys. The coach said his superiors could fire him, but he was going to make the move regardless.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/106491863.html?elr=KArksUUUhPi87EK_iaEYY_4Pc_yiiU

Namius
11-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Employee underperforms against rival company. Employee afterwards speaks lovingly about rival company after underperforming. Employee gets fired. Btw, In 4 games employee has averaged 6.25 attempts to get him the ball with him coming up with it on average 3.25/receptions/game, 13.4/yards/catch, and 43.25/yards/game. Why the outrage?

purplepride2010
11-01-2010, 10:30 PM
At least there will be some more people chanting with me this week when I start the fire childress chants. I bet I don't get as many dirty looks from others in the crowd. It is going to be a circus in there Sunday.

ILLvike
11-01-2010, 10:36 PM
vegasvike wrote:

VikesFan787 wrote:

I have to put that as my fb status!

haha just did the same thing!

SharperImage
11-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Imagine if he truly goes to the redskins. We play at the fedex field week 13... imma be there... wearing my 3 week old 84 jersey watching him fuck up Ashtray and Baby Shepard

Freakout
11-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Sad thing is the way they will now try and put this on Randy. As if they were clueless.

Mr Anderson
11-01-2010, 10:48 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-mossrelease110110

Great article.

jrjohn
11-01-2010, 11:14 PM
for what it's worth. The line in Vegas was Vikings by 6 points before the moss news, Now it's Vikings by 9

Either they don't value Moss, or things will change tomorrow

http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_lines.shtml

purplepride2010
11-01-2010, 11:46 PM
SharperImage wrote:

Imagine if he truly goes to the redskins. We play at the fedex field week 13... imma be there... wearing my 3 week old 84 jersey watching him fuck up Ashtray and Baby Shepard

I will be there too!!

marstc09
11-02-2010, 12:02 AM
Mr Anderson wrote:

Great article.

Read this Z. Makes your post look silly.

Minniman
11-02-2010, 12:16 AM
Moss has not put up big numbers with Minnesota, but as we have discussed on this board, a lot of that has to do with the coverages opposing defenses have been giving Moss and the way Childress has been (mis)using Moss.

Fly, fly, post, comeback, hitch. How much more easy could the Vikings make it - especially against double depth coverage. All Cromartie had to do was run with Moss. All the Pats and Packers had to do was cover Moss over/under.

The Vikings' scheme under Childress gets very little out of its wide receivers. It always has. Taylor has failed, Berrian has failed, and Moss has failed. Maybe Jerry Rice would have failed too. The scheme is for shit, and anyone who knows the game from a coaching perspective knows it.

There are doubters who will bring up Sidney Rice and his breakout season, but that had much more to do with Brett Favre breaking the rules, and out of the scheme, than the Childress offense. Favre did not want to come back to this scheme, and I do not blame him.

The KAO is essentially a power run offense that uses short passes to take the place of long passes. No, no, no! In the WCO, the short pass takes the place of runs, and medium passes in space can take the place of long passes, and the ball still has to be put up deep from time to time; I really do not believe Childress gets that.

Favre has taken a beating, so does Childress mass protect? Nope. He runs out the same plays as before with dismal results. Every defense in the NFL knows they can load the box and run blitz the Vikings. If the play is a run, Peterson can say hello to the linebacker a yard behind the LOS. If the play is a pass, it is a free shot on Favre.

Then the Vikings pick up Randy Moss. The defenders have to double him with depth and key him to the inside. Against the Pats, the defense often had three eyes on Moss, and that allowed Harvin and Peterson to play better. It allowed better matchups on the offensive line. It still allowed a one on one whiff like Hutch had when Favre got knocked out of the game, but that is not scheme related.

The bottom line here is that Favre and Moss have come from winning teams. They have seen great offensive coaching. They know how to get the ball downfield. Childress and Bevell have not shown the ability to do that on their own with any personnel. If someone in the Vikings locker room said, "Here is what works," I'd be much more receptive to anything Favre or Moss had to say than Childress or Bevell.

marstc09
11-02-2010, 12:26 AM
While Childress' realization about Moss' character appears to be behind the reason for the move, one does have to wonder how on earth the Vikings coach didn't do his due diligence beforehand and realize what a high-maintenance person Moss is before he signed off on the trade for him. Moss has been like this for years and so no one should have been surprised by the off-the-field issues he brought.

The fact Childress evidently was surprised -- or couldn't handle Moss -- likely isn't going to be viewed in a favorable light by his employer.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/106491293.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUz33Dii_9PmP:Qi_vckD8EQD_1cuU

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
11-02-2010, 12:30 AM
purplepride2010 wrote:

SharperImage wrote:

I will be there too!!

I'm thinking of making the 20 hour drive down. I have a friend in Va. i could visit as well.

snowinapril
11-02-2010, 12:36 AM
Is Childress still the coach of this team?

Or is he gone by now?

NDVikingFan66
11-02-2010, 12:53 AM
marstc09 wrote:

While Childress' realization about Moss' character appears to be behind the reason for the move, one does have to wonder how on earth the Vikings coach didn't do his due diligence beforehand and realize what a high-maintenance person Moss is before he signed off on the trade for him. Moss has been like this for years and so no one should have been surprised by the off-the-field issues he brought.

The fact Childress evidently was surprised -- or couldn't handle Moss -- likely isn't going to be viewed in a favorable light by his employer.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/106491293.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUz33Dii_9PmP:Qi_vckD8EQD_1cuU

Exactly...thats what irritates me the most. Waive him, don't waive him, not sure I care, but the process makes the Vikes look like a bunch of monkeys throwing darts at a wall.

SharperImage
11-02-2010, 01:30 AM
Rumors have been flying that Brad Chilly Childress has be fired.. its all over twitter. Hopefully he is fired, so we can keep moss.

Culpepper_4717
11-02-2010, 01:45 AM
SharperImage wrote:

Rumors have been flying that Brad Chilly Childress has be fired.. its all over twitter. Hopefully he is fired, so we can keep moss.
I don't see anything on twitter.

mountainviking
11-02-2010, 01:50 AM
Never mind that the team was averaging a touchdown more per game with Moss (21.5 points the past four games versus 14.3 points in the first three games). Scoring be damned, Childress had to maintain control.

:angry:

I tried to prepare,” Moss said. “I tried to talk to the players and coaches about how this game was going to be played and a couple tendencies here, couple tendencies there. The bad part about it – you have six days to prepare for a team, and on the seventh day, that Sunday, meaning today, I guess they come over to me and say, ‘Dag, Moss, you was right about a couple plays and a couple schemes they were going to run.’

“It hurts as a player that you put a lot of hard work in all week, and toward the end of the week, Sunday, when you get on the field, that’s when they acknowledge about the hard work you put in throughout the week. That’s actually a disappointment.”

Childress took that as an affront. To many others on the team, it was a cry for sanity.“Randy had a point. Should he have said it to the media? Probably not, but that’s the way Randy is,” said one of the team sources. “When he wants to say something, he’s going to say it. Deal with it.”

Childress couldn’t.

Wow! So Sad. So True.

purplejokr
11-02-2010, 02:38 AM
I am absolutely and unequivocally WITH Mike Florio on this one...

The decision of the Vikings, one day short of four weeks after sending a third-round pick to New England for receiver Randy Moss, to cut Moss loose allows us to conclude beyond any shadow of a doubt that one or more persons employed by the Minnesota Vikings don't know what the hell they are doing.

And it's time for those people to be identified -- and to be fired.

Link. (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/02/time-for-heads-to-roll-in-minnesota/[/url)

Yes please!!

Mark_The_Viking
11-02-2010, 02:55 AM
STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES wrote:

purplepride2010 wrote:

SharperImage wrote:

I will be there too!!

I'm thinking of making the 20 hour drive down. I have a friend in Va. i could visit as well.

Me too :-(

vatti
11-02-2010, 05:41 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-mossbehavior110210

Maybe a rather minor incident in this context,
but each of those 32 headcoaches in the NFL should be able to deal with those kinds of incidents(players) in a different way - or some teams would be running out of players.

Maybe Childress has his skills, but I don't think that leadership is one of them.

I still love the Vikings, no matter how much of a laughing stock they may look right now!
And therefore, would someone please take care of this issue?!?!

singersp
11-02-2010, 06:39 AM
vatti wrote:

There seems to be more to this story than we are aware of.

I had thought Randy "grew up". Was I wrong?

“This wasn’t a chain – it was a mom-and-pop restaurant, and you could tell it was their best stuff. They had a special carving station set up, and there were players and other support staff lining up to eat it. And [Moss] is at his locker saying, ‘You know, I used to have to eat that crap – but now I’ve got money.’

While Moss had his share of supporters in the locker room, some Vikings had grown disillusioned with his attitude. From the receiver’s uneven effort in practice to his displays of self-centeredness off the field, some veterans believed Moss was becoming a bad influence to young players like second-year wideout Percy Harvin(notes).

Most of all, however, Moss’ treatment of the restauranteurs in the locker room convinced some teammates that he wasn’t worth the trouble.

Purple Floyd
11-02-2010, 07:00 AM
idahovikefan7 wrote:

Move to toss Moss puts Childress on hot seat

Super Bowl? How about super bizarre?

A Vikings season that began with high expectations took another controversial turn Monday. Less than a month after a shocking trade to reacquire Randy Moss, coach Brad Childress jettisoned the wide receiver after only four games. As always, there was a unique Vikings twist. Childress did not inform owner Zygi Wilf of his intentions, according to an NFL source, and angered some in the organization by working alone. As a result, Moss was not put on waivers by the 3 p.m. deadline and the team did not confirm he was gone until issuing a statement Monday night.

He might not care. A member of the franchise who was privy to details of a team meeting Monday said Childress told players that Moss' actions were not consistent with what he wanted from his guys. The coach said his superiors could fire him, but he was going to make the move regardless.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/106491863.html?elr=KArksUUUhPi87EK_iaEYY_4Pc_yiiU

Yeah, but it was OK for the coach to throw the QB under the bus the week before.

VikingMike
11-02-2010, 07:44 AM
Mr Anderson wrote:

Great article.

Perfect analogy...
Childress has become the Captain from “Cool Hand Luke,” a smarmy, cruel and vindictive person. Yeah, he runs the show, but there is no respect.

Childress, pure and simple, has become a cartoon figure. IMO, there is no way he makes it out from under this firestorm. He has completely misinterpreted what this means to the Vikings organization. He should have just sucked it up, moved on and had a talk with Randy to smooth things over.

Does anyone think Walsh or Parcells would have handled this in such a knee-jerk manner? Of course, they never would have put themselves in that position in the first place. You earn respect, you can't force others to respect you. Foolish man...Chilly will never learn, and the Vikings are much worse off for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnO9Jyz82Ps

dfosterf
11-02-2010, 07:57 AM
Easiest thing in the world for a Puker fan to come in here and make fun of Chilly, your org, etc...

Your boy Chilly apparently decided he wasn't going to tolerate Moss' self-centered bull-shit.

Ballsy move, and imo--- you ought to be backing him for it, despite what "everyone" says in the media, etc.

I give props to Chilly, even though it sounds like it might cost him his job.

So many seem so "player-centric" that it simply has to be the coach...

I say bull to that too.

+1 to Chilly (Bet I'm the only guy that does THAT today, lol)

VikingMike
11-02-2010, 08:11 AM
dfosterf wrote:

Easiest thing in the world for a Puker fan to come in here and make fun of Chilly, your org, etc...

Your boy Chilly apparently decided he wasn't going to tolerate Moss' self-centered bull-shit.

Ballsy move, and imo--- you ought to be backing him for it, despite what "everyone" says in the media, etc.

I say bull to that too.

+1 to Chilly (Bet I'm the only guy that does THAT today, lol)

If I was you, I'd give props to Chilly too...I'd want him as the opposing coach for decades to come.

BleedinPandG
11-02-2010, 08:15 AM
vatti wrote:

Maybe a rather minor incident in this context,
but each of those 32 headcoaches in the NFL should be able to deal with those kinds of incidents(players) in a different way - or some teams would be running out of players.

Maybe Childress has his skills, but I don't think that leadership is one of them.

I still love the Vikings, no matter how much of a laughing stock they may look right now!
And therefore, would someone please take care of this issue?!?!

You know vatti... I think that is one heck of a 1st post. I've been a pretty firm Chilly supporter as I never doubted his skills in terms of preparing a team or creating a scheme... but I do believe you nailed it in your post... given some reflection, I absolutely agree he seems to lack to leadership skills required to be a great headcoach.

Maybe Moss made some mistakes... but isn't it the coach's job to work with him to correct behavior? Are you going to tell me that in 4 weeks Moss not only badly misbehaved but was given 1 or more chances to correct that behavior and failed? I find that hard to believe.

Throwing Favre under the bus last week? Who did that help? Leaders don't throw their team under the bus because it's simply self serving, there's no long term value. As a leader and a manager, your success or failure is dependent entirely on the output of the team below you. You back them to the wall so that in the end they will do the same for you to carry you to success. You don't determine your success or failure, ultimately, they do.

Fire him... bring in someone who understands how to maximize a team even if it requires biting your own tongue once and a while. Humility is a great trait in a great leader.

BleedinPandG
11-02-2010, 08:25 AM
dfosterf wrote:

Taken as a discrete event... I could understand the opinion you're providing... but given a broader view of multiple recent events that many Vikings fans have here, I'm not sure it's valid.

For example, Chilly threw Favre under the bus last week following the loss to GB... to what purpose? This is the ego-maniacal Brett Favre... does Chilly really believe that embarassing him in public is going to motivate him to play better? I don't have a degree in Psychology like Chilly... but given Favre's diva personality, my guess is it's simply going to strain any relationship they have and probably simply piss him off. With someone like Favre you simply talk in private and take the high road in public, even in Favre spouts off his mouth. There's no advantage to sinking to his level, you just won't win the game. You take the good with the bad.

If Moss was a problem in the locker room... you talk to him. You have your leaders talk to him. The Pats managed to control him for over 3 years with a strong leadership and veteran team. The only reason they lost him this season was the contract issue. Are we saying the Vikings locker room is so weak, their leadership structure so ineffecient that they couldn't do for 4 weeks what the Pats did for 3 seasons? If so, what does that say for the organization Chilly has created?

Moss made the Vikings a better team. A good coach would have realized that and worked his ass off figuring out how to minimize the bad and maximize the good. We all have pros and cons, there is no perfect. How Childress can accept all the bad of Favre because he supposedly brings so much upside good, but not believe the same of Moss (especially given the data this season for both of them as Vikings) is beyond me.

This is not a singular event that has upset Vikings fans, it's the culmination of a series of highly frustrating events as Chilly as shown he can not lead this team out of turmoil. In smooth seas he could point the ship and almost make it to the promised land... but in a slight chop the wrong decisions have been made and pushed the team straight into a hurricane.

Zeus
11-02-2010, 09:02 AM
Purple Floyd wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

Zeus wrote:

BenMoss84 wrote:

Yeah, I do realize that.

How about this:

Steckel never once blew a challenge like Childress did.

He would have, if the challenge had been available to him during his tenure. Which it wasn't.

=Z=

Zeus
11-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Caine wrote:

I have NEVER quit on this team before.

Then you're a lot different than Randy Moss.

=Z=

Zeus
11-02-2010, 09:06 AM
Mr Anderson wrote:

Local reporters (specifically Mark Rosen of WCCO) are speculating that Favre signed off on this because of the way Randy has been lazing it in games. I hate calling him a "warrior", but Favre does always play and play his hardest, even if the results sometimes suck.

=Z=

Zeus
11-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Freakout wrote:

Sad thing is the way they will now try and put this on Randy. As if they were clueless.

It is on Randy. Am I the only one paying attention to what the media members who actually cover the Vikings day-to-day are saying?

Moss has been dogging it in practice, keeping himself away from other team members.

Moss is dogging it in games. Running half-assed routes at 1/4 speed.

And then he fails to try to catch a pass (Lost it in the lights? Bullshit) for a TD and, after the game, makes inexcusable remarks about the current team and coaching.

How is that NOT on Randy?

=Z=

ILLvike
11-02-2010, 09:34 AM
Childress was not wrong to "punish" Moss. What was wrong was the way the situation was handled. Moss has been here four weeks. He has been active for all four weeks. If he had been dogging it, or been a morale issue like people are contending, why not let him sit a week? It would be more appropriate. Hell, a couple weeks ago, The Titans' Kenny Britt was involved in a bar fight right before a game. That seems like way more of an issue than anything Moss did. What did Jeff Fisher (a proven NFL coach, at that)do? He sat Britt's ass for the first quarter. Britt then went on to have a career game the rest the day, and then again the next week. Sounds like motivation to me. I think to have the first hint of a problem between the coach and a fan favorite you just traded for be the player getting waived, is an extreme lack of self-awareness and leadership. Especially if most fans are attributing (because the situation sure looks that way) the fact that the offense is finally starting to do something to the fact Moss is here. I don't care if Randy Moss never caught a ball in 2011 and walked down the field on every play, as long as he continues to pull the #1 corner and a safety deep and open things up for Harvin and Peterson, he is contributing to the offense. Add this to the fact that the team hasn't come out ready to play yet this year, and I'm putting this on a leadership failure by Childress. Whether or not Chilly in the long run loses the locker room over this (IMHO it was already long lost) isn't nearly as important as the way he alienated his fan base. THAT is something which is going to affect Zygi Wilf's business sense, which is probably the fastest thing Childress could have done to put his butt in the hot seat. I'm pretty sure the front office guys weren't exactly happy that one of their precious draft picks (if you don't think those are important look at the Rams, Chiefs, or Lions) was essentially thrown away. Its not that I think this single move is enough to get rid of Chilly, but I think this is the straw that broke the camel's back for a lot of Vikings Fans. For me, the only thing that will stop me from cheering for the Vikings is if they move, but this is just asinine.

What has a third round pick been worth during the Childress era, anyway?

2006- two 3rd round picks traded with Pittsburg for the second 2nd round pick used to draft Tarvaris Jackson

2007- Marcus McCauley

2008- Two third round picks traded to Kansas City as a part of the package for Jared Allen

2009- Asher Allen

2010- None

2011- Traded for Randy Moss none

Infidel
11-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Zeus said:

It's on the coach.

Moss was motivated and enthusiastic when he got here. He showed that in every way.

Childress killed that by disrespecting Moss.

Childress disrespects everybody because he's so insecure.

Childress was already threatened by Favre's power and he couldn't stand having another strong personality like Moss around.

This is a tragic failure of coaching because we really need Moss and we lost him totally due to a timid and fearful coach who can't tolerate great talent around him because it makes him look even more stupid by comparison.

Favre would be gone, but Favre has been placed off-limits and Childress knows that Favere calls the shots.

This seals the fate of Childress. He will be fired at the end of this year because with the loss of Moss we will now be LUCKY to go 7-9.

We could be headed for the ultimate melt down.

Zeus
11-02-2010, 09:45 AM
Infidel wrote:

Zeus said:

It's on the coach.

Moss was motivated and enthusiastic when he got here. He showed that in every way.

Childress was already threatened by Favre's power and he couldn't stand having another strong personality like Moss around.

This is a tragic failure of coaching because we really need Moss and we lost him totally due to a timid and fearful coach who can't tolerate great talent around him because it makes him look even more stupid by comparison.

Favre would be gone, but Favre has been placed off-limits and Childress knows that Favere calls the shots.

This seals the fate of Childress. He will be fired at the end of this year because with the loss of Moss we will now be LUCKY to go 7-9.

Delusional.

=Z=

NodakPaul
11-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Zeus wrote:

Infidel wrote:

Zeus said:

It's on the coach.

Delusional.

=Z=

I agree, that is a little over the top for a scenario.

I put blame on both the coach and the player. Moss is an asshole. We all know that. It is the coach's job to handle him. And from what we have seen, Childress has done a poor job of handling his players since he got to Minnesota. At this point I think he has lost the locker room.

Zeus
11-02-2010, 09:53 AM
NodakPaul wrote:

At this point I think he has lost the locker room.

I've seen reports that say Moss was disliked in the locker room. I've seen reports that say Moss was liked in the locker room.

What I've seen with my own eyes, however, was that Moss was openly dogging it on the field. Half-assed effort. Hell - that's being charitable - quarter-assed, at best.

I don't think we'll know if the locker room is lost until after Sunday.

Jaguars players openly reported that the Cowboys players looked like they didn't give a shit this past Sunday. We should be able to tell the same about the Vikings this weekend.

=Z=

Infidel
11-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Zeus said:

And then he fails to try to catch a pass (Lost it in the lights? Bullshit) for a TD and, after the game, makes inexcusable remarks about the current team and coaching.

As I said....that's all on Childress.

Moss was enthusiastic and motivated when he first got here. He showed that in every way.

Childress just FAILED to manage a tremendously talented resource.

Childress is totally responsible. That is obvious and I believe he will be fired.

Infidel
11-02-2010, 10:05 AM
Zeus said:

What I've seen with my own eyes, however, was that Moss was openly dogging it on the field. Half-assed effort. Hell - that's being charitable - quarter-assed, at best.

I don't think we'll know if the locker room is lost until after Sunday.

Childress caused the refusal to perform. He killed the enthusiasm.

How do you explain the obvious enthusiasm and motivation of Moss when he first arrived? Did you fail to notice his attempts to get into the games even when he didn't know the plays for the two-minute offense?

The problem was not Moss.

The problem was that his enthusiasm was met with disdain and disrespect by a coach that was simply too stupid to know how to manage a tremendously valuable resource.

And the locker room?

The locker room is now split.

Pro-Moss faction is angry.

Anti-Moss faction is angry.

This group could never be called a team......but now it's worse. Now they are strongly divided.

ALL......ALL the blame is on the coach.

kjdaddy
11-02-2010, 10:08 AM
Anyone see Bruschi call out Chilly yesterday? Said Randy needs to go to a team with a grown ass man for a head coach. Do we have one of those right now?

jargomcfargo
11-02-2010, 10:12 AM
BleedinPandG wrote:

dfosterf wrote:

Taken as a discrete event... I could understand the opinion you're providing... but given a broader view of multiple recent events that many Vikings fans have here, I'm not sure it's valid.

For example, Chilly threw Favre under the bus last week following the loss to GB... to what purpose? This is the ego-maniacal Brett Favre... does Chilly really believe that embarassing him in public is going to motivate him to play better? I don't have a degree in Psychology like Chilly... but given Favre's diva personality, my guess is it's simply going to strain any relationship they have and probably simply piss him off. With someone like Favre you simply talk in private and take the high road in public, even in Favre spouts off his mouth. There's no advantage to sinking to his level, you just won't win the game. You take the good with the bad.

If Moss was a problem in the locker room... you talk to him. You have your leaders talk to him. The Pats managed to control him for over 3 years with a strong leadership and veteran team. The only reason they lost him this season was the contract issue. Are we saying the Vikings locker room is so weak, their leadership structure so ineffecient that they couldn't do for 4 weeks what the Pats did for 3 seasons? If so, what does that say for the organization Chilly has created?

Moss made the Vikings a better team. A good coach would have realized that and worked his ass off figuring out how to minimize the bad and maximize the good. We all have pros and cons, there is no perfect. How Childress can accept all the bad of Favre because he supposedly brings so much upside good, but not believe the same of Moss (especially given the data this season for both of them as Vikings) is beyond me.

This is not a singular event that has upset Vikings fans, it's the culmination of a series of highly frustrating events as Chilly as shown he can not lead this team out of turmoil. In smooth seas he could point the ship and almost make it to the promised land... but in a slight chop the wrong decisions have been made and pushed the team straight into a hurricane.

Great post.

Infidel
11-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Anyone see Bruschi call out Chilly yesterday? Said Randy needs to go to a team with a grown ass man for a head coach. Do we have one of those right now?

Yeah.......far from being a grown man, Childress comes off like a whining two-year-old.

I was remiss not to specify.....a JEALOUS and INSECURE whining two-year-old.

tastywaves
11-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Has Zygi weighed in on any of this yet?

Moss is the king of the slackers. Feels his talent entitles him to it. Childress know doubt could have coddled him and worked things out better, but to expect MN's organization to be as solid as the Patriots in handling diva's is misplaced.

Zygi is a new owner with very little knowledge of the NFL. Childress is a relatively unknown head coach that has never been known as a "players" coach. Not a good mix for a Randy type player.

Just seemed like a bad idea from the start. And I hate to say it, but this organization still has a lot of growing pains to get to a place where they can handle the setbacks that happen with every organization.

Having a coach with a proven track record is probably a better match for Zygi. I think he depends on Childress too much, and I don't think Childress has enough experience to manage all the issues that come up. An unproven HC like childress probably should have had a GM in the organization to take some of the decisions and responsibilities away from him.

Freakout
11-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Zeus wrote:

Freakout wrote:

It is on Randy. Am I the only one paying attention to what the media members who actually cover the Vikings day-to-day are saying?

Moss has been dogging it in practice, keeping himself away from other team members.

Moss is dogging it in games. Running half-assed routes at 1/4 speed.

=Z=

THEY KNEW THAT BEFORE TRADING FOR HIM!