PDA

View Full Version : Favre has fractured ankle.

marstc09
10-25-2010, 03:01 PM
Brett Favre has ankle fracture and is in walking boot.

http://twitter.com/chipscoggins/statuses/28720193213

Peterson08
10-25-2010, 03:04 PM
After all this, ready to see what TJack can do wit these weapons.

Mr Anderson
10-25-2010, 03:05 PM
Interesting.

It doesn't sound too bad as far as a broken bone goes, but I can't see him playing this week. No way.

I want to see what Jackson can do with Moss against his old team. Ultimately, no Favre means less of a chance at a win... but it seems like it might be less of a chance at a loss as well.

marstc09
10-25-2010, 03:06 PM
I guess it is 2 fractures.

midgensa
10-25-2010, 03:07 PM
ouch ... could all be because Childress wants to bench him and needs and excuse.

Going to be very interesting to see how this plays out. Could be the end of his career.

SkolPensacola
10-25-2010, 03:11 PM
Peterson08 wrote:

After all this, ready to see what TJack can do wit these weapons.

Ditto. I would have liked to have seen it last night, but there's no way #4 would allow his head coach to pull him from his last game in GB.

marstc09
10-25-2010, 03:14 PM
This is going to be fun. Can't wait until Sunday!

midgensa
10-25-2010, 03:16 PM
I am going to enjoy the whole week leading up to it and then watch Favre run out there with a "broken" ankle on Sunday and keep his streak alive.

Infidel
10-25-2010, 03:28 PM
I hope all the gutless and brainless "experts" who were joyfully piling on Favre today feel real good about themselves.

Real good.

Marrdro
10-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Infidel wrote:

I hope all the gutless and brainless "experts" who were joyfully piling on Favre today feel real good about themselves.

Real good.
He's the one who pushed the trainers away and went out there as if nothing was wrong.

Real professional.

Brick
10-25-2010, 03:32 PM
Infidel wrote:

Real good.

Feels great actually.

Marrdro
midgensa wrote:

I am going to enjoy the whole week leading up to it and then watch Favre run out there with a "broken" ankle on Sunday and keep his streak alive.
Ya cut me to the quick my friend. :laugh:

jargomcfargo
Infidel wrote:

Real good.

Actually an avulsion fracture is a bone chip.
A stress fracture is something that has likely been present before the injury last night.

He finished the game on it.

Unless Childress wants him out, he may start again Sunday.

Not that it's going to make any difference in the outcome.

Marrdro
10-25-2010, 03:34 PM
Mr Anderson wrote:

no Favre means less of a chance at a win... but it seems like it might be less of a chance at a loss as well.
How profound you are..... :laugh:

Marrdro
10-25-2010, 03:35 PM
jargomcfargo wrote:

Infidel wrote:

Real good.

A stress fracture is something that has likely been present before the injury last night.

You and Midg are just set on ruining my day aren't ya. :laugh:

ultravikingfan
10-25-2010, 03:41 PM
I heard the Ref came over to the sideline and gave him a Hulk Hogan elbow drop on his ankle.

That was the icing on the cake and further proof the Refs cost us the game.

vikesrgreat2
10-25-2010, 03:44 PM
Yikes! Does this mean Tarvaris Jackson might start against the Patriots??? :ohmy:

Infidel
10-25-2010, 03:45 PM
Well, I think he's done.

And......if so, I very respectfully say hail and farewell to one of the greatest QBs of all time. We were honored to have him on the Vikings for a time.

The gutless and brainless "experts" can keep taking shots at him.

Try hard to raise your pathetically low self-esteem.

;)

tastywaves
10-25-2010, 03:55 PM
Surgery is not required and Childress said: "Once he's functional he can play. ... I wouldn't rule anything out in terms of the end of the week. I don't really have a time framework on it."

I think it's time to let the consecutive start streak end. Surely TJ is better than a broken down old man. Let the guy heal and maybe he can help us later in the season...maybe.

Throw TJ into Foxborough and see how he does. Really, he can only be a hero in this situation. If he loses, its expected. I think TJ does his best when expectations are low. Not sure how Moss will respond to him though.

marstc09
10-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Marrdro wrote:

Infidel wrote:

Real good.
He's the one who pushed the trainers away and went out there as if nothing was wrong.

Real professional.

Nice job blaming Favre AGAIN. It is the coaches responsibility to bench him.

Marrdro
10-25-2010, 04:04 PM
jargomcfargo wrote:

Infidel wrote:

Real good.

Wait a minute, wait a minute, our good friend Infidel has been spouting it was that "Brutal" hit that caused the ankle to break.

Are you, a medical doctor, going to raise the bullshit flag on all that drivel he has beens spewing forth.....

......snicker......you crack me up doc. :woohoo:

marstc09
10-25-2010, 04:05 PM
Marrdro wrote:

jargomcfargo wrote:

Infidel wrote:

Real good.

Wait a minute, wait a minute, our good friend Infidel has been spouting it was that "Brutal" hit that caused the ankle to break.

Are you, a medical doctor, going to raise the bullshit flag on all that drivel he has beens spewing forth.....

Did he examine Favre?

Marrdro
10-25-2010, 04:06 PM
marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Infidel wrote:

Real good.

Real professional.

Nice job blaming Favre AGAIN. It is the coaches responsibility to bench him.
Yes, I blame him. Its his foot/ankle for cripes sake.

And I agree with your second sentence. This is gonna come to a head one way or the other I think. I just hope it isn't to late to save the season however it works out.

Marrdro
10-25-2010, 04:10 PM
tastywaves wrote:

Surgery is not required and Childress said: "Once he's functional he can play. ... I wouldn't rule anything out in terms of the end of the week. I don't really have a time framework on it."

I think it's time to let the consecutive start streak end. Surely TJ is better than a broken down old man. Let the guy heal and maybe he can help us later in the season...maybe.

Throw TJ into Foxborough and see how he does. Really, he can only be a hero in this situation. If he loses, its expected. I think TJ does his best when expectations are low. Not sure how Moss will respond to him though.
Well I don't think everyone expects him to loose and I remember how Randy and another strong armed QB synched when alot of us thought all was lost when our starter went down in 98.

Marrdro
10-25-2010, 04:11 PM
marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

jargomcfargo wrote:

Infidel wrote:

Real good.

Did he examine Favre?
I think he did. One of those remote scanner thingamajibs.

Marrdro
10-25-2010, 04:12 PM
ultravikingfan wrote:

I heard the Ref came over to the sideline and gave him a Hulk Hogan elbow drop on his ankle.

That was the icing on the cake and further proof the Refs cost us the game.
A great football post with humor, now this. You really got your "A" game going today my friend.

On a side note, how bout them Browns. The town must be in a tizzy right about now.

tastywaves
10-25-2010, 04:21 PM
Marrdro wrote:

tastywaves wrote:

Well I don't think everyone expects him to loose and I remember how Randy and another strong armed QB synched when alot of us thought all was lost when our starter went down in 98.

I would bet the majority of the football watching world would expect us to lose with TJ starting, with Favre as well for that matter. Just like the majority of the football watching world expected Cleveland to lose to the Saints (survivor died for me on that one). Doesn't mean he will lose, just that there won't be a lot of expectations that we should win. Not trying to steal your optimism away, just pointing out that TJ seems to have an issue with pressure built from expectations and I think that will be somewhat removed from him in this game.

I don't think this is the same Randy that you remember. This one came to MN for Favre, not for TJ. This one doesn't fly by defenders, mostly just beats them in 1-on-1 battles if the throw allows it.

Also, does TJ really throw a good long ball?

Infidel
10-25-2010, 04:23 PM
Mardro said:

I just hope it isn't to late to save the season however it works out.
:D

What is it you want to save?

We were headed for 7-9.

Now that we've got Moss, I figure we might make 9-7.

Did you have unrealistic expectations at some point?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Marrdro
10-25-2010, 04:28 PM
tastywaves wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

tastywaves wrote:

I would bet the majority of the football watching world would expect us to lose with TJ starting, with Favre as well for that matter. Just like the majority of the football watching world expected Cleveland to lose to the Saints (survivor died for me on that one). Doesn't mean he will lose, just that there won't be a lot of expectations that we should win. Not trying to steal your optimism away, just pointing out that TJ seems to have an issue with pressure built from expectations and I think that will be somewhat removed from him in this game.

I don't think this is the same Randy that you remember. This one came to MN for Favre, not for TJ. This one doesn't fly by defenders, mostly just beats them in 1-on-1 battles if the throw allows it.

As always, some really good discussion points.

Most thought, if you remember, that we were crazy to bring RC in because he was basically washed up after being out of football and in a counter building trade.

Like all of us, the experts and arm chair HC's were wrong on that one.

And I agree, Randy isn't 98 Randy, but he is still pretty damn fast and was behind defenders at least 3 times last night without getting a ball thrown his way.

Lets hope TJ's cannon can exploit that little bit that is still in the tank.

Besides, at this point in the season, optimism and hope is all I have left right now. Can't afford to drink any more than I already am. :laugh:

Marrdro
10-25-2010, 04:31 PM
Infidel wrote:

Mardro said:

I just hope it isn't to late to save the season however it works out.

What is it you want to save?

We were headed for 7-9.

Now that we've got Moss, I figure we might make 9-7.

Did you have unrealistic expectations at some point?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
WTF. I'm a Vikings fan. Have been since 61. Of course I have unrealistic expectations.

dfosterf
10-25-2010, 04:34 PM
You really do have so much talent in most of the important positions.

I hate your team. TJ can definitely win games for you. Stop bitching about TJ vs, Favre and start backing the lad.
This thing is FAR from over, imo, --- We got lucky, and right now you still look like the better team, as PRESENTLY assembled.

Don't tell Mars I said that though. :P

marstc09
10-25-2010, 04:37 PM
dfosterf wrote:

I hate your team. TJ can definitely win games for you. Stop bitching about TJ vs, Favre and start backing the lad.
This thing is FAR from over, imo, --- We got lucky, and right now you still look like the better team, as PRESENTLY assembled.

Most here back any Viking. Only a handful don't.

Marrdro
10-25-2010, 04:37 PM
dfosterf wrote:

Pisses me off when PUKER fans are smarter than Vikings fans.

Marrdro
10-25-2010, 04:38 PM
marstc09 wrote:

dfosterf wrote:

Most here back any Viking. Only a handful don't.
Put me on that spreadsheet.

midgensa
10-25-2010, 04:42 PM
Marrdro wrote:

dfosterf wrote:

I don't know anyone who has actually watched Vikes games this season and does not think they are SUPER loaded.

It has been a brutal schedule ... and it has hurt ... but we still have plenty of time to come around.

Just every week we don't makes you wonder if we actually will.

Marrdro
10-25-2010, 04:45 PM
midgensa wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

dfosterf wrote:

I don't know anyone who has actually watched Vikes games this season and does not think they are SUPER loaded.

It has been a brutal schedule ... and it has hurt ... but we still have plenty of time to come around.

Just every week we don't makes you wonder if we actually will.
Good stuff Midg. Guess what, I'm lining up for next week regardless of who is under center. Call me the biggest of chuckleheads, but I believe it will come around.

I just can't help but sit here and think this is one of the best teams (on paper) that I've seen in a heck of along time and marvel that hit hasn't.

(Even with the Noodle) ;)

tastywaves
10-25-2010, 04:46 PM
Marrdro wrote:

tastywaves wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

tastywaves wrote:

Most thought, if you remember, that we were crazy to bring RC in because he was basically washed up after being out of football and in a counter building trade.

And I agree, Randy isn't 98 Randy, but he is still pretty damn fast and was behind defenders at least 3 times last night without getting a ball thrown his way.

Besides, at this point in the season, optimism and hope is all I have left right now. Can't afford to drink any more than I already am. :laugh:

Far be it from me to take away your optimism, I always have a little hope from week to week as well. Nothing would surprise me this year.

I know you probably see it as an underhanded complement to TJ, but I actually do think this is a good situation to put him in. Mostly because of all the upside that a win would bring. I think he is a bit fragile mentally, but if he could pull off a big win against New England on a team desperate for a win, it would have to be a big boost for his confidence.

Then again he could look atrocious and melt into a pile of goo, allowing us to finally close the book on him.

Marrdro
10-25-2010, 04:52 PM
tastywaves wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

tastywaves wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

tastywaves wrote:

Far be it from me to take away your optimism, I always have a little hope from week to week as well. Nothing would surprise me this year.

I know you probably see it as an underhanded complement to TJ, but I actually do think this is a good situation to put him in. Mostly because of all the upside that a win would bring. I think he is a bit fragile mentally, but if he could pull off a big win against New England on a team desperate for a win, it would have to be a big boost for his confidence.

Then again he could look atrocious and melt into a pile of goo, allowing us to finally close the book on him.
LOL, a pile of TJ goo. Now your cracking me up.

I've been on and off when it comes to TJ so much that I am probably with you on your points. Only thing I disagree on is his mental makeup. I don't see him as fragile. Heck, I think his time as a Viking has done nothing, if prove to me, he is very tough in that area.

And the most important thing about TJ and my expectations......I don't expect him to win. I expect him to come out and play within the scheme and don't do anything to loose the game.

Like we saw against the Cowgirls. All we need is 118 yards and no INT's and this team will win against most teams.

I will admit that I am very excited to see him chuck it deep to Moss a few times. All he has to do is get it in the area, far enough, with enough air and Randy will outrun everyone and get it.

ConnecticutViking
10-25-2010, 05:40 PM
Marrdro wrote:

tastywaves wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

tastywaves wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

tastywaves wrote:

LOL, a pile of TJ goo. Now your cracking me up.

I've been on and off when it comes to TJ so much that I am probably with you on your points. Only thing I disagree on is his mental makeup. I don't see him as fragile. Heck, I think his time as a Viking has done nothing, if prove to me, he is very tough in that area.

And the most important thing about TJ and my expectations......I don't expect him to win. I expect him to come out and play within the scheme and don't do anything to loose the game.

Like we saw against the Cowgirls. All we need is 118 yards and no INT's and this team will win against most teams.

I will admit that I am very excited to see him chuck it deep to Moss a few times. All he has to do is get it in the area, far enough, with enough air and Randy will outrun everyone and get it.

Not to mention a little mobility at the QB position. As we all know, Brett lately has given up running for yards and first downs and has chosen to huck and chuck into coverage instead.

V4L
10-25-2010, 06:05 PM
Even if Brett sits.. He will come out for a token start then take the rest of the game off

I don't see him sitting tho.. He's played with broken bones including in the throwing hand

I know he wants to make this thing work and correct it so he will be out there

jmcdon00
10-25-2010, 06:13 PM
V4L wrote:

Even if Brett sits.. He will come out for a token start then take the rest of the game off

I don't see him sitting tho.. He's played with broken bones including in the throwing hand

I don't think he gets the token start. If Tjack gives us the best chance to win he should get the start. What's best for the team must come before what's best for Brett and his legacy.

My guess is Favre either gets the start, or is inactive.

I don't think they would start Favre knowing he's coming out.

SharperImage42
10-25-2010, 06:19 PM
If T-Jack comes in for these 1-3 games and goes apeshit..65% completion and 3-4 TD's a game..what do we do? Keep starting T-Jack or give the ball back to Favre.

Purple Floyd
10-25-2010, 06:20 PM
God I hope Jackson starts and that they put the whole playbook out there so he can show us what he's got.

Purple Floyd
10-25-2010, 06:20 PM
SharperImage42 wrote:

If T-Jack comes in for these 1-3 games and goes apeshit..65% completion and 3-4 TD's a game..what do we do? Keep starting T-Jack or give the ball back to Favre.

Make Brett beat him out in practice or sit on the bench.

Texas Viking
10-25-2010, 06:38 PM
Is it crazy talk to want to see Joe Webb in there and take a few snaps if TJack is not producing? Webb had a pretty impressive preseason, it would be fun to see a QB that isnít afraid to run when he has too. Brett has done nothing impressive in the passing game this year, so that wonít be any worse, and he has the skill to hand it off to AP, so why not? I think he is the future of the Vikings. With the way the Bears and Packs are playing, might as well get him some experience for the rest of this season and let him start the next. He has as much chance as any to win our division.

V4L
10-25-2010, 06:45 PM
jmcdon00 wrote:

V4L wrote:

I don't think he gets the token start. If Tjack gives us the best chance to win he should get the start. What's best for the team must come before what's best for Brett and his legacy.

Jackson would basically get the start.. Favre would just come out for a snap.. N walk off

Could be totally wrong.. But I think if he really can't go this week that's how it would go

But I still feel he will start on Sunday and play

Infidel
10-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Mardro said:

What have you been smoking? Have you totally forgotten that this is Moss 2010?

It is essential, in this time of great turmoil, with nasty injuries and the probably activation of a rusty, forgotten, no-name, second-string QB (who will probably line up behind a Guard instead of the Center) that we all stay in touch with reality.

idahovikefan7
10-25-2010, 06:54 PM
V4L wrote:

jmcdon00 wrote:

V4L wrote:

Jackson would basically get the start.. Favre would just come out for a snap.. N walk off

Could be totally wrong.. But I think if he really can't go this week that's how it would go

Ya I can't see him coming in for one play to keep the streak going, then leaving after first play. I would be willing to bet he will start and play the whole game. They will throw some tape on that bad boy and he will be out there.

If he can't play, he needs to speak up. Starting just to keep that streak going sounds childish. Either way, I would take Favre with a little limp over TJ any day. If it's more than a limp, and really effects his mobility, then TJ NEEDS to be in.

V4L
10-25-2010, 06:58 PM
Infidel wrote:

Mardro said:

It is essential, in this time of great turmoil, with nasty injuries and the probably activation of a rusty, forgotten, no-name, second-string QB (who will probably line up behind a Guard instead of the Center) that we all stay in touch with reality.

Have you forgotten we have a 40 year old brett? Not 25

If Brett still has some in the tank Moss sure as hell does too

lovesmesomevikes
10-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Texas Viking wrote:

Is it crazy talk to want to see Joe Webb in there and take a few snaps if TJack is not producing? Webb had a pretty impressive preseason, it would be fun to see a QB that isnít afraid to run when he has too. Brett has done nothing impressive in the passing game this year, so that wonít be any worse, and he has the skill to hand it off to AP, so why not? I think he is the future of the Vikings. With the way the Bears and Packs are playing, might as well get him some experience for the rest of this season and let him start the next. He has as much chance as any to win our division.

I would love to see that......honestly if (yep I play that game) we had a running QB (or used a RB, duh) on our final drive we would scored a TD 4 sure.

Mr Anderson
10-25-2010, 07:29 PM
Infidel wrote:

Mardro said:

5TDs in 6 games, 2 games of which are with a totally new system. 3 touchdowns of which came against the defensive player of the year and his runner up(who really deserved it) from 2009.

You make him sound totally washed up. I don't think it's necessary to bring up the fact that he caught 23 TDs three years ago.

Moss admits he's not what he once was, but what he once was is maybe the best athlete to ever play the game.

He can still go up and get it, and can still out run any corner in the game going deep. If he gets a clean release with no safety over the top, he's gone.

Back to Favre:

Do you think he's playing just to have an excuse not to talk about the Sterger situation? To keep his streak alive? Or because he really thinks he can turn the team around?

ultravikingfan
10-25-2010, 07:37 PM
marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

jargomcfargo wrote:

Infidel wrote:

Real good.

Did he examine Favre?

Lay off Marstc now.

He is a Doctor of Taintology.

Nobody, but NOBODY knows Favre's taint better than him.

battleaxe4cheese
10-25-2010, 07:45 PM
This is a tough spot...TJack has not gained my confidence and I am slowly losing my confidence in Brett. He's beat up worn out and sext out and he's back to his old gunslinger ways.
Lets face it last year was a fluke as far as Brett goes it was not Favre as he's been known to be. This year he's back to his old tricks and he's slower and more beat up than ever before. For all I know he's poppin geritol and simmering in a warm vat of bengay after every game.
I guess my point is he's worrying me and he is being extremely careless with the ball. I never thought I would say this but I would rather see Tjack's patented jump pass than Brett's under handed pass of doom.
Like I said before, live by the four die by the four. I wish him well just stop playing like a dumb ass.

PurpleGator
10-25-2010, 07:47 PM
Joe Webb will come out after Tjack gets hurt (again) and this season will turn around. Joe Webb is the answer.

Brick
10-25-2010, 07:49 PM
PurpleGator wrote:

Joe Webb will come out after Tjack gets hurt (again) and this season will turn around. Joe Webb is the answer.

No joke, I had a dream Webb was our starter. He played awesome.

Mr Anderson
10-25-2010, 07:52 PM
Brick wrote:

PurpleGator wrote:

That's slightly less credible than playing with him in Madden.

I've done that before. It also proves I'm a better coach than Childress.

On the credibility scale we're talking:
Madden 9/10
Dreams - 8/10

Brick
10-25-2010, 08:12 PM
Mr Anderson wrote:

Brick wrote:

PurpleGator wrote:

Madden 9/10
Dreams - 8/10

Dreams are more like 2/10.

Unless it's the one where I'm banging Gabourey Sidibe. Those are 10/10.

NDVikingFan66
10-25-2010, 08:21 PM
V4L wrote:

jmcdon00 wrote:

V4L wrote:

I believe you have to play the entire first series to count it as a start.

Infidel
10-25-2010, 08:30 PM
No, Moss definitely has a lot of TDs left in him.

But the days of him "outrunning everyone" are over.

This is Moss 2010.....not faster than everybody, but fast enough and more experienced.

That's reality. Mardro is just getting overexcited and overcome with grief at to potential loss of Favre.

singersp
10-25-2010, 08:35 PM
V4L wrote:

They did it in GB.

Traveling_Vike
10-25-2010, 08:41 PM
V4L wrote:

I can't see this actually happening. If he starts, he's in for the whole game unless he gets hurt again or benched.

You can't waste an active roster spot for a guy who will play a few snaps then sit down for the rest of the game.

I think it's a very bad idea for him to try to play at all. With the ankle and heel fractures he has, the potential for further damage is very high. He'd be risking not just his streak, but the entire rest of the year and his career. Even someone as resilient as Favre has proven to be over the years does not heal a fracture that quickly. And with a bone chip floating around in there, I can't imagine that it would be worth the risk.

Infidel
10-25-2010, 08:42 PM
Let's hope they won't start him just for the sake of the record here.....seems a bit dishonest.

It demeans the record and anybody who holds it.

BadlandsVikings
10-25-2010, 08:54 PM
ultravikingfan wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

jargomcfargo wrote:

Infidel wrote:

Real good.

Did he examine Favre?

Lay off Marstc now.

He is a Doctor of Taintology.

Nobody, but NOBODY knows Favre's taint better than him.
Mars saw Farves crocks and balls years before sterger did

VikingMike
10-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Brick wrote:

Mr Anderson wrote:

Brick wrote:

PurpleGator wrote:

Madden 9/10
Dreams - 8/10

lol, I had to look up Gabourey Sidibe to make sure she was who I thought she was. :laugh:

BadlandsVikings
10-25-2010, 09:02 PM
VikingMike wrote:

Brick wrote:

Mr Anderson wrote:

Brick wrote:

PurpleGator wrote:

Madden 9/10
Dreams - 8/10

lol, I had to look up Gabourey Sidibe to make sure she was who I thought she was. :laugh:

C Mac and Precious sitting in a tree....

Traveling_Vike
10-25-2010, 09:05 PM
VikingMike wrote:

"She was who we thought she was!" - Dennis Green

NDVikingFan66
10-25-2010, 09:25 PM
Well, this may be a blessing in disguise. I am in the Favre camp, but he is playing hurt. That is hurting the team.

I can live with the TO's to a certain extent, as there is enough blame to go around with the whole organization.

Favre is hurt. Let him rest/heal and give Jackson a chance and lets see what happens.

Pains me to say this.

tastywaves
10-25-2010, 10:47 PM
Mr Anderson wrote:

Infidel wrote:

Mardro said:

5TDs in 6 games, 2 games of which are with a totally new system. 3 touchdowns of which came against the defensive player of the year and his runner up(who really deserved it) from 2009.

You make him sound totally washed up. I don't think it's necessary to bring up the fact that he caught 23 TDs three years ago.

Moss admits he's not what he once was, but what he once was is maybe the best athlete to ever play the game.

He can still go up and get it, and can still out run any corner in the game going deep. If he gets a clean release with no safety over the top, he's gone.

Back to Favre:

Do you think he's playing just to have an excuse not to talk about the Sterger situation? To keep his streak alive? Or because he really thinks he can turn the team around?

All of the above.

Purple Floyd
10-25-2010, 11:00 PM
Can we get Sage back?

Marrdro
10-26-2010, 06:49 AM
Infidel wrote:

Mardro said:

LOL, aren't you one of the cats who was also trying to convince me they wouldn't use him on 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 routes but would only run him on 8 an 9 routes?

Comeon my friend. Randy has done his best to fit in and is running routes he typically doesn't do. Why would you think he couldn't run a couple of 8 and 9 routes for a kid with a arm he can't outrun?

Besides, just because his time went from a 4.2 40, to a 4.3 40, doesn't mean he isn't fast or can't outrun a couple of cover 2/cloud defenders. Heck, I saw 3 instances against the PUKERS were he was behind them and the Noodle either missed him or could't throw it that far.

vike_mike
10-26-2010, 09:20 AM
Absolutely not. Why in the world would we want to do that? If Sage was better than TJack, we would have traded him instead. So we should get Reynaud back as well right. He's shown great presence at New York.

ejmat
10-26-2010, 09:29 AM
vike_mike wrote:

Absolutely not. Why in the world would we want to do that? If Sage was better than TJack, we would have traded him instead. So we should get Reynaud back as well right. He's shown great presence at New York.

Truth there is the reason why Sage was traded over TJ was because he was more marketable. No one was asking for TJ especially with the preseason he had.

I was upset about trading Reynaud but he has looked horrible as a return man so I won't complain about that anymore.

Infidel
10-26-2010, 10:06 AM
ejmat wrote:

vike_mike wrote:

Truth there is the reason why Sage was traded over TJ was because he was more marketable. No one was asking for TJ especially with the preseason he had.

I was upset about trading Reynaud but he has looked horrible as a return man so I won't complain about that anymore.

True, very true. How could anybody sell TJ after his dismal preseason play? Who would be buying? Nobody. But Sage had looked exceptionally good in preseason.

One additional factor is that somebody has a lot of time and trouble and money invested in TJ and it seems that somebody is determined to see it pay off.

Infidel
10-26-2010, 10:12 AM
Marrdro wrote:

Infidel wrote:

Mardro said:

Mardro said:
...aren't you one of the cats who was also trying to convince me they wouldn't use him on 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 routes but would only run him on 8 an 9 routes?

No, you're wrong again, my friend. We never discussed that. You just went down a couple lines on the old spread sheet.

Moss 2010 is a great player still.....but for different reasons. He's smart, mature, experienced....but he's not gonna take off and run away from everybody anymore. This is not all bad....I'd take 2010 Moss over the one we had before. He's way more reliable.

jrjohn
10-26-2010, 10:19 AM
Infidel wrote:

Let's hope they won't start him just for the sake of the record here.....seems a bit dishonest.

The record is bogus, they pulled this crap in GB

tastywaves
10-26-2010, 10:22 AM
Infidel wrote:

ejmat wrote:

vike_mike wrote:

True, very true. How could anybody sell TJ after his dismal preseason play? Who would be buying? Nobody. But Sage had looked exceptionally good in preseason.

One additional factor is that somebody has a lot of time and trouble and money invested in TJ and it seems that somebody is determined to see it pay off.

Was not a fan of the move then or now. Mostly in case this situation happened.

I also don't think that Childress has a lot of confidence in TJ. He was kept for the wrong reasons.

If Favre can walk he will probably start, although I think the smarter move is to have TJ go against New England and let Favre get some healing time.

Infidel
10-26-2010, 10:27 AM
But.....how often do they do the smart thing?

Will this be different?

It would be nice.

Infidel
10-26-2010, 10:32 AM
I'm thinking that Favre on the bench can still sell tickets.

Drama for the crowd: Could it be that the team will get behind and Favre the Miracle Man (having had a few minutes to heal) will come off the bench to win the game?

jrjohn
10-26-2010, 10:37 AM
I believe Brett will start the game, I make the prediction based on history. Unfortunatly it's a mistake. Playing favre when he is healthy is enough of a gamble, playing him injured is crazy. I also believe NE will win this game with or w/o Favre, so it's a good time to rest him. He should have had 5 interceptions in the Pukers game, unfortunatly they will unable to catch two of the gifts Brett tried to give them.

Infidel
10-26-2010, 11:05 AM
It will be Halloween.

They should dress Brett all in bandages like a mummy and send him hobbling out on a crutch.

jrjohn
10-26-2010, 11:19 AM
Infidel wrote:

It will be Halloween.

They should dress Brett all in bandages like a mummy and send him hobbling out on a crutch.

And if the wheeled him out on the field in a coffin, and had him pop out in the attire you suggest, it really would not be that far off from reality. He's been scaring fans since the start of the season why change anything just cause he can't play!

tastywaves
10-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Infidel wrote:

It will be Halloween.

Versus having him all in bandages and hobbling out there without a crutch?

jargomcfargo
10-26-2010, 11:54 AM
jrjohn wrote:

I believe Brett will start the game, I make the prediction based on history. Unfortunatly it's a mistake. Playing favre when he is healthy is enough of a gamble, playing him injured is crazy. I also believe NE will win this game with or w/o Favre, so it's a good time to rest him. He should have had 5 interceptions in the Pukers game, unfortunatly they will unable to catch two of the gifts Brett tried to give them.

I believe NE wins this game with or without Favre as well.
There is more to this bad year than just Favre.

Yes , he could have had 5 interceptions, but he also could have won the game if Percy could have got a toe down.

Hell, in fact, the Vikings did win the game.
Take away the touchdown drop that didn't get challenged or the catch that was overtuned by Schiancoe; the Vikings won.

If we had won in the last seconds with a throw to percy, all of Favre's sins would have been absolved and he would be a hero.

It's a thin line between hero and zero.

Though I personally want to see TJ this Sunday, I will not be surprised to see Favre.

Infidel
10-26-2010, 12:34 PM
I'm gonna guess that TJ starts.

And yes, we'll lose......probably......except for this fact: Even though TJ probably will be a little rusty, if the rest of the team played exceptionally well--we could beat the Pats.

It's not a QB problem.....it's a team problem--and the team will win or lose, not the QB.

The team got Favre his injuries and interceptions by failing in the area of pass protection......UTTERLY FAILING as he got hammered for several games and the injuries accumulated.

Maybe the team will do the same for Tarvaris. Good luck, TJ.

As far as the Packers game goes.....

The refs gave them a TD and took one away from us.

That amounted to a 14 point advantage for the Packers.

It's a fact that the refs gave the game to the Pack.

But, shit happens. The refs have given us games in the past, so you gotta accept the bad with the good.

We're on our way toward a .500 season with a little luck.

That's just the way it is.

Mr Anderson
10-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Infidel wrote:

And yes, we'll lose......probably......except for this fact: Even though TJ probably will be a little rusty, if the rest of the team played exceptionally well--we could beat the Pats.

It's not a QB problem.....it's a team problem--and the team will win or lose, not the QB.

The team got Favre his injuries and interceptions by failing in the area of pass protection......UTTERLY FAILING as he got hammered for several games and the injuries accumulated.

Maybe the team will do the same for Tarvaris. Good luck, TJ.

As far as the Packers game goes.....

The refs gave them a TD and took one away from us.

That amounted to a 14 point advantage for the Packers.

It's a fact that the refs gave the game to the Pack.

But, shit happens. The refs have given us games in the past, so you gotta accept the bad with the good.

We're on our way toward a .500 season with a little luck.

That's just the way it is.
Do you really believe that the line failed Favre on Sunday night? I thought they played very well. He held onto the ball for way too long on some of the hits he took one of which resulted in an interception. And he simply made a terrible decision on the pick six. He was only hit a handful of times, but once again, he was holding onto the ball for too long. I really can't put this week's turnovers and Favre's injury on the line.

The TD the ref took from us resulted in a field goal. The TD that they gave them, had it been correctly called incomplete and assuming Crosby would have made the 26 yard field goal, would have also resulted in three points. Reducing your 14 points given to the Packers to a realistic 8.

tastywaves
10-26-2010, 01:00 PM
jargomcfargo wrote:

jrjohn wrote:

Yes , he could have had 5 interceptions, but he also could have won the game if Percy could have got a toe down.

Take away the touchdown drop that didn't get challenged or the catch that was overtuned by Schiancoe; the Vikings won.

If we had won in the last seconds with a throw to percy, all of Favre's sins would have been absolved and he would be a hero.

It's a thin line between hero and zero..

Though I personally want to see TJ this Sunday, I will not be surprised to see Favre.

Yes, six inches is all that separates a hero from a zero. B)

Doesn't stop him from trying though, right Jen?

jmcdon00
10-26-2010, 01:53 PM
jrjohn wrote:

Infidel wrote:

The record is bogus, they pulled this crap in GB
Gotta call BS on this one. Favre has had atleast 10 pass attempts in every one of his consecutive starts.

Rickles
10-26-2010, 02:30 PM
Infidel wrote:

Real good.

as a packer fan, i feel better than i have in a long, long time.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/10/26/brett-favre-ankle-mail/index.html?eref=sihp

jmcdon00
10-26-2010, 03:05 PM
Rickles wrote:

Infidel wrote:

Real good.

as a packer fan, i feel better than i have in a long, long time.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/10/26/brett-favre-ankle-mail/index.html?eref=sihp
Enjoy it while you can. When the Vikings win the division again you won't be feeling so hot.

BTW, what did you do with your Favre jersey?

Marrdro
10-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Brett Favre Should Bench Himself
(http://www.huffingtonpost.com/danny-groner/brett-favre-should-bench_b_773845.html)

Marrdro
10-26-2010, 03:29 PM
ejmat wrote:

vike_mike wrote:

How do we know that Sage was more marketable?

Based on one good pre-season game against 3rd string scrubs running gimmen plays that everyone knew would work?

Said this before, in preseason you work on packages. In most instances your starters work on new stuff that isn't always gonna work the first couple of times you run it. That is what TJ was doing and the rest of the team was doing.

The stuff Sage was running was crap they knew was gonna work which was by design to make him look marketable.

Brick
10-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Marrdro wrote:

(http://www.huffingtonpost.com/danny-groner/brett-favre-should-bench_b_773845.html)

Wow, where have I heard this before... I should be a sports writer, been saying this for a few weeks now.

There reaches a point this week where Childress would have to make the call instead if Favre doesn't act first. If it comes to that, Childress should yank his quarterback from the lineup. At that point, it wouldn't only be a result of Favre's poor play; it would send the requisite message that the man has put himself ahead of his team one time too many.

Marrdro
10-26-2010, 03:36 PM
Infidel wrote:

You do realize that TJ has been taking the predominance of the reps with the ones in practice. Rusty? Perhaps a little, but I don't think it will be to the extent that you seem to believe it will be.

I would say, a bit of the jitters before I would say rusty.

Its the team now huh. In a way I will almost agree with you, however, with a couple of exceptions (JA/Noodle) the Team played pretty damn good.

Improve the QB play and the RDE play and we would have won that game. Probably a couple of others as well.

I see you are still spewing forth this crap. How about this, the QB utterlly failed the OL by not being mobile, the QB utterlly failed the OL for holding the ball to long, the QB utterlly failed the WR's cause he missed them when they were wide open, the QB utterlly failed the WR's by not seeing them when they were wide open or failed to throw to them cause they were wide open but to far down the field or on a route his gimp arm couldn't make the throw to.

Comeon, its a team game, but you've been harping the "Its the OL" problem since you decided to grace us with your presence. Just cause you keep chirping it doesn't mean we are buying it.

Marrdro
10-26-2010, 03:38 PM
Brick wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Wow, where have I heard this before... I should be a sports writer, been saying this for a few weeks now.

There reaches a point this week where Childress would have to make the call instead if Favre doesn't act first. If it comes to that, Childress should yank his quarterback from the lineup. At that point, it wouldn't only be a result of Favre's poor play; it would send the requisite message that the man has put himself ahead of his team one time too many.
I knew you would get a kick out of that. Can't believe all the articles out there basically casting the ole Noodle aside. I posted that one cause I thought it was the most obscure of all of them.

purpledoom
10-26-2010, 03:41 PM
Marrdro wrote:

I highly doubt that will happen. And I'm not even sure it should. Do I think he should play ? No not really, but I honestly believe his teammates believe in him and for him to bench himself is painfully like saying "ok I've had enough". Chilly and the docs need to tell him take a seat.

VikingMike
10-26-2010, 03:57 PM
purpledoom wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

I highly doubt that will happen. And I'm not even sure it should. Do I think he should play ? No not really, but I honestly believe his teammates believe in him and for him to bench himself is painfully like saying "ok I've had enough". Chilly and the docs need to tell him take a seat.

I smell a schism...or at least a blog about one forthcoming.

Marrdro
10-26-2010, 04:05 PM
purpledoom wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Good points that are hard to dispute, however.......

He is supposed to be a proffesional, heck some even say a HOF'r waiting to happen.

That kindof cat should be big enough to say, "Coach, I can't go". Truth of the matter is, I really expected him to say it last Sunday and think he would have if it wasn't for the small fact that he was at Lambblow.

Again, if he is the leader most on here think he is, it is what he should do.

Caine
10-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Marrdro wrote:

Infidel wrote:

Its the team now huh. In a way I will almost agree with you, however, with a couple of exceptions (JA/Noodle) the Team played pretty damn good.

Improve the QB play and the RDE play and we would have won that game. Probably a couple of others as well.

I see you are still spewing forth this crap. How about this, the QB utterlly failed the OL by not being mobile, the QB utterlly failed the OL for holding the ball to long, the QB utterlly failed the WR's cause he missed them when they were wide open, the QB utterlly failed the WR's by not seeing them when they were wide open or failed to throw to them cause they were wide open but to far down the field or on a route his gimp arm couldn't make the throw to.

Comeon, its a team game, but you've been harping the "Its the OL" problem since you decided to grace us with your presence. Just cause you keep chirping it doesn't mean we are buying it.

Oh...NOW you want to put it all on Favre.

Last season, when he was successful, you were dead set on handing the accolades out to the "TEAM"...in fact, you are on record as repeatedly saying that this "team" could "carry a Quarterback" to victory.

Now, however, you want to change your tune and lay all the blame on Favre.

How convenient for you that you get to flip flop your criteria...much like Brick with his "statistics".

Mr Kerry? Is that you?

The truth is, while Favre has played like crap - and no one is saying he hasn't - the TEAM has played pretty poorly too.

In the first 4 games, the O-line didn't even bother to show up...Favre was plastered repeatedly. Hold the ball too long? He didn't have a chance to. But the line blocked well against a depleted Green Bay defensive front...so now it's ALL on Favre. We conveniently forget the first four weeks of shitastic blocking and blame Favre...

Until Moss got here, our receivers couldn't get open to save their lives. Sure, Favre threw some crappy balls, but that mighty receiver corps that YOU claim can carry a QB couldn't carry their own jock straps...until Moss got here. Once that happened, Harvin suddenly shows up again. Now we get to conveniently forget the first 4 games - AGAIN - and just point to Favre's bad throws.

Again, no one disputes that Favre has played badly. But isn't it POSSIBLE that had the line actuially BLOCKED - and not sacrificed Favre for 4 games - and had the receivers actually gotten open - and not forced him to force the throws - that we MIGHT be in better shape now all around?

In short, if the team had ACTUALLY been able to carry a QB - as you have repeatedly claimed - don't you think they might have done so?

So, while I don't blame the "team" quite to the extent that Infidel does, there's no way that they deserve the free pass you seem intent on giving them so you can justify advocating Jackson.

How telling that Jackson gets to step in (maybe) after Moss is here to fix the receiver corps, and Sullivan is back to shore up the middle...

...Yup, Marrdro, that "team" sure carried Favre....all the way to the bus...and then you threw him under it.

Caine

jmcdon00
10-26-2010, 04:07 PM
Marrdro wrote:

ejmat wrote:

vike_mike wrote:

Based on one good pre-season game against 3rd string scrubs running gimmen plays that everyone knew would work?

Said this before, in preseason you work on packages. In most instances your starters work on new stuff that isn't always gonna work the first couple of times you run it. That is what TJ was doing and the rest of the team was doing.

The stuff Sage was running was crap they knew was gonna work which was by design to make him look marketable.
While I agree that pre-season is not a reliable indicator of a players progress, Tjack was not good. Nothing to do with the package, he just couldn't seem to make even simple throws.

Of course the same people that will point to the preseason as why Tjack will fail, also scoffed at the notion of using preseason stats as barometer in the past(when Tjack had great numbers).

For me the 08 season is the best barometer of what Tjack will give us. IMHO, if he plays at the same level as 08, he will give us a chance to win most games. Hopefully he has improved some since then.

I think one reason Sage was more marketable is because he was under contract. Also they traded Sage for a 4th round pick, they wanted a 3rd for Tjack(based on his tender).

Marrdro
10-26-2010, 04:16 PM
Caine wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Infidel wrote:

Last season, when he was successful, you were dead set on handing the accolades out to the "TEAM"...in fact, you are on record as repeatedly saying that this "team" could "carry a Quarterback" to victory.

How convenient for you that you get to flip flop your criteria...much like Brick with his "statistics".

Mr Kerry? Is that you?

The truth is, while Favre has played like crap - and no one is saying he hasn't - the TEAM has played pretty poorly too.

In the first 4 games, the O-line didn't even bother to show up...Favre was plastered repeatedly. Hold the ball too long? He didn't have a chance to. But the line blocked well against a depleted Green Bay defensive front...so now it's ALL on Favre. We conveniently forget the first four weeks of shitastic blocking and blame Favre...

Until Moss got here, our receivers couldn't get open to save their lives. Sure, Favre threw some crappy balls, but that mighty receiver corps that YOU claim can carry a QB couldn't carry their own jock straps...until Moss got here. Once that happened, Harvin suddenly shows up again. Now we get to conveniently forget the first 4 games - AGAIN - and just point to Favre's bad throws.

Again, no one disputes that Favre has played badly. But isn't it POSSIBLE that had the line actuially BLOCKED - and not sacrificed Favre for 4 games - and had the receivers actually gotten open - and not forced him to force the throws - that we MIGHT be in better shape now all around?

In short, if the team had ACTUALLY been able to carry a QB - as you have repeatedly claimed - don't you think they might have done so?

So, while I don't blame the "team" quite to the extent that Infidel does, there's no way that they deserve the free pass you seem intent on giving them so you can justify advocating Jackson.

How telling that Jackson gets to step in (maybe) after Moss is here to fix the receiver corps, and Sullivan is back to shore up the middle...

...Yup, Marrdro, that "team" sure carried Favre....all the way to the bus...and then you threw him under it.

Caine
LOL. Don't try to take my discussion point with the Infidel as evidence that I've changed my stance.

I still say this team can carry a QB (ala 118 yds vs Dallas = win).

What this team can't do is carry a QB that keeps giving the ball back to the other team at the rate our current QB is doing it at right now.

And I am not just blaming the Noodle. Again, addressing the specific discussion point that the Infidel brought up. I am just as pissed at JA and the DL as I am with the QB play.

Marrdro
10-26-2010, 04:21 PM
jmcdon00 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

ejmat wrote:

vike_mike wrote:

While I agree that pre-season is not a reliable indicator of a players progress, Tjack was not good. Nothing to do with the package, he just couldn't seem to make even simple throws.

Of course the same people that will point to the preseason as why Tjack will fail, also scoffed at the notion of using preseason stats as barometer in the past(when Tjack had great numbers).

For me the 08 season is the best barometer of what Tjack will give us. IMHO, if he plays at the same level as 08, he will give us a chance to win most games. Hopefully he has improved some since then.

I think one reason Sage was more marketable is because he was under contract. Also they traded Sage for a 4th round pick, they wanted a 3rd for Tjack(based on his tender).
First, I don't think TJ was ever offered.

Second, you act as if TJ didn't make any throws when in fact he did. The just weren't to the packages Sage did. Again, go back and look at what was run with TJ in there.......Screens, Short Dump Offs to backs etc etc etc all designed to get our OL and RB's in synch on those plays.

Another thing to look at is when TJ did throw to someone other than the backs, did he get it to the right read (In almost all instances yes) and then, did the it hit the reciever in a catchable place (Yes, in almost all instances) and then, only then, did the reciever catch it. That one is a fun one to look at and bares some scrutiny on what the staff did with respect to the WR shuffle, including the trade of DR.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying TJ was spectacular. I'm saying he did the right thing based on the packages he was given.

Brick
10-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Marrdro wrote:

jmcdon00 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

ejmat wrote:

vike_mike wrote:

First, I don't think TJ was ever offered.

Second, you act as if TJ didn't make any throws when in fact he did. The just weren't to the packages Sage did. Again, go back and look at what was run with TJ in there.......Screens, Short Dump Offs to backs etc etc etc all designed to get our OL and RB's in synch on those plays.

Another thing to look at is when TJ did throw to someone other than the backs, did he get it to the right read (In almost all instances yes) and then, did the it hit the reciever in a catchable place (Yes, in almost all instances) and then, only then, did the reciever catch it. That one is a fun one to look at and bares some scrutiny on what the staff did with respect to the WR shuffle, including the trade of DR.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying TJ was spectacular. I'm saying he did the right thing based on the packages he was given.

Just blame to OL and WR.

Caine
10-26-2010, 04:33 PM
Marrdro wrote:

Caine wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Infidel wrote:

Mr Kerry? Is that you?

Caine
LOL. Don't try to take my discussion point with the Infidel as evidence that I've changed my stance.

What this team can't do is carry a QB that keeps giving the ball back to the other team at the rate our current QB is doing it at right now.

And I am not just blaming the Noodle. Again, addressing the specific discussion point that the Infidel brought up. I am just as pissed at JA and the DL as I am with the QB play.

And I still throw the BS flag on that, Marr.

You know as well as I do that the Offense hasn't shown up...except for Peterson. The O-Line finally settled down with Sully's return...against a depleted Green Bay front. The receivers were shiite until Moss showed up.

On Defense, hell, our front 4 have been AWOL. They have 3 1/2 sacks between them. Our secondary has been ineffective all season too. I am amazed every time our opponents have to punt because, for the life of me, I can't figure out how we stop them...ever....anymore.

Again, this team couldn't carry water. And the 118 versus Dallas only proves that we could beat a team that is 1-5 FOR A REASON!!!! They suck just a little more than we do right now.

So, again, this isn't about a team carry a QB who is giving the ball away, this is more about a QB who is making desperation plays and forcing things he shouldn't be because this team hasn't shown up yet.

Caine

Infidel
10-26-2010, 04:36 PM
Mr. Anderson said:

Do you really believe that the line failed Favre on Sunday night? I thought they played very well.... I really can't put this week's turnovers and Favre's injury on the line.

But I didn't say that. I said they failed for several games and he took tremendous damage.

Sunday night they did better because Sully was back and for two other important reasons:

1. Loadholt was allowed to hold most of the game and only called when he started grabbing face mask as he got tired. He was defending their only real pass rushing threat.

2. Packer line was badly injured.

I hope nobody is thinking that the O-Line problem has miraculously healed itself. The Noodles are still there and they haven't changed much, if at all.

Let's see how they do against the Pats.

I don't doubt that they fall apart.

Infidel
10-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Caine said:

So, again, this isn't about a team carry a QB who is giving the ball away, this is more about a QB who is making desperation plays and forcing things he shouldn't be because this team hasn't shown up yet.

EXACTLY!

purpledoom
10-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Marrdro wrote:

purpledoom wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

He is supposed to be a proffesional, heck some even say a HOF'r waiting to happen.

That kindof cat should be big enough to say, "Coach, I can't go". Truth of the matter is, I really expected him to say it last Sunday and think he would have if it wasn't for the small fact that he was at Lambblow.

I can't find it within myself to disagree with you however. One could easily say he would be quitting on the team. Sooo..I suspect Favre, Chilly and whoever are finding themselves in a difficult situation hunh.

Marrdro
10-26-2010, 04:40 PM
Caine wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Caine wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Infidel wrote:

Mr Kerry? Is that you?

Caine

You know as well as I do that the Offense hasn't shown up...except for Peterson. The O-Line finally settled down with Sully's return...against a depleted Green Bay front. The receivers were shiite until Moss showed up.

On Defense, hell, our front 4 have been AWOL. They have 3 1/2 sacks between them. Our secondary has been ineffective all season too. I am amazed every time our opponents have to punt because, for the life of me, I can't figure out how we stop them...ever....anymore.

Again, this team couldn't carry water. And the 118 versus Dallas only proves that we could beat a team that is 1-5 FOR A REASON!!!! They suck just a little more than we do right now.

Caine
Good points but this is getting back to the question I asked you before, when we say team are we saying current starters or when the starters return.

Pre-Randy I was pretty vocal that our WR corps was broke without a cat to draw doubles that would open things up for PH and BB. Since Randy, we are now seeing a improvement in both PH and BB.

OL, I was happy with thier performance, but agree it wasn't good enough to carry anybody. My guess, this week against the Pats it will play even better than it did last week.

DL. I have no idea how to fix that. I am almost of the mind that two of them were taking Roids and possibly three of them. We should have addressed this position in the draft but didn't. Hopefully this year. In the end though, they are playing good enough to win games, just not carry the offense.

QB. This team, when healthy can carry a QB. But if the QB continues to give the ball away, well, no team other than one with a defense like the Jets, can overcome that problem.

Time to let the Noodle take a small break and see if our 2nd string can be a game manager and let this team carry him a bit.

The OL and improved WR corps should help alot in that area.

Marrdro
10-26-2010, 04:42 PM
purpledoom wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

purpledoom wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

I can't find it within myself to disagree with you however. One could easily say he would be quitting on the team. Sooo..I suspect Favre, Chilly and whoever are finding themselves in a difficult situation hunh.
No No, PD, I misslead you. I am not asking him to quit on the team, I am asking him to step down until he is healthy enough to play again.

That, in no way, is quiting on your team, infact its called being a leader and would go along way in garnering respect of his teams and chuckleheads like me who think he is all about himself.

Infidel
10-26-2010, 04:46 PM
Mardro said:

How about this, the QB utterlly failed the OL by not being mobile...

LOL! That's the way to twist things around backwards.

You crack me up, my friend.

From the first play of the first game this year Favre got hammered into the turf due to what was acknowledged repeatedly by all the experts (except you) as extremely poor to ZERO pass protection.

The hits were brutal, so if he's not mobile now, there's a good reason.

Careful.....you're going to go down a couple of lines on the old spread sheet if you keep this up.

Caine
Marrdro wrote:

purpledoom wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

1: Show me someone who DOESN'T think Favre is a first ballot HOF guy?

2: So, being "Professional" means you do what a handful of armchair Quarterbacks advocate? You quit? You tell the team that BEGGED you to come back,

"Uh...sorry fellers...Marrdro and Brick, they don't want me to play no more...so I'm gonna hold me the clipboard while Travis....err.... Tabernacle.....errrr ....Tickle-me-Elmo.....ummm ......hey. What in the hell is that kids name, anyway? Well, I'm gonna let HIM get his ass kicked.....umnmmmm ...... I mean "Lead this team to victory" while I heal up some."

What he should do is MAN UP. Quit making excuses about not being 100% and go out there and MOTIVATE THIS FEWKIN TEAM!!!

THAT'S what he should do!!

Caine

Marrdro
Infidel wrote:

Caine said:

EXACTLY!
Exactly? Thats it!!!! Let me get this straight, you are advocating a QB to force the issue, even to the point of making desparation plays........WOW.

With your indepth knowledge of the game, I would have assumed you would have countered with something along the lines of a "Leader" advocating playing within the scheme and limiting the turnovers (usually associated with desparation/forcing plays) so that the wounded team he is carrying isn't trying to overcome the mistakes, again, associated with those types of plays.

I got it now. LOL

Marrdro
10-26-2010, 04:51 PM
Caine wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

purpledoom wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

2: So, being "Professional" means you do what a handful of armchair Quarterbacks advocate? You quit? You tell the team that BEGGED you to come back,

"Uh...sorry fellers...Marrdro and Brick, they don't want me to play no more...so I'm gonna hold me the clipboard while Travis....err.... Tabernacle.....errrr ....Tickle-me-Elmo.....ummm ......hey. What in the hell is that kids name, anyway? Well, I'm gonna let HIM get his ass kicked.....umnmmmm ...... I mean "Lead this team to victory" while I heal up some."

What he should do is MAN UP. Quit making excuses about not being 100% and go out there and MOTIVATE THIS FEWKIN TEAM!!!

THAT'S what he should do!!

Caine
Man up on a busted up ankle with a arm that can't throw half the throws......

Wow, thats almost as good as the "Desparation" stuff you realed him in with.

I can just hear it now.......

Noodle: Alright Doc. I'm ready to "man up". Give me the shot in the elbow and the ankle so I can't feel anything.

Doc: You know you will loose some control of those areas and could even make them worse.

Noodle: I don't care. I have to motivate my team. Shoot er up doc.

LOL. Man up. Your just trying to mess with me. :laugh:

Infidel
10-26-2010, 04:51 PM
Carry the quarterback?

Ha!

They've dragged him behind their truck while picking up big paychecks.

:laugh:

Marrdro
10-26-2010, 04:54 PM
Infidel wrote:

Mardro said:

How about this, the QB utterlly failed the OL by not being mobile...

LOL! That's the way to twist things around backwards.

You crack me up, my friend.

From the first play of the first game this year Favre got hammered into the turf due to what was acknowledged repeatedly by all the experts (except you) as extremely poor to ZERO pass protection.

The hits were brutal, so if he's not mobile now, there's a good reason.

Careful.....you're going to go down a couple of lines on the old spread sheet if you keep this up.
First, show me one place were I have said that the Ol wasn't at fault for our losses.

Second, that hit was an ankle fricken tackle that came after he had 5 seconds to throw the ball. The announcers even said that.

In the end, it wasn't a "Brutal" tackle that you keep saying it was and the OL played the best it had all year with very few mistakes and he still threw the ball to the wrong defenders and missed open recievers all the while acting very indecisive when hit came to where he should go with the ball, even though he had all day long to figure it out.

Marrdro
10-26-2010, 04:55 PM
Infidel wrote:

Carry the quarterback?

Ha!

They've dragged him behind their truck while picking up big paychecks.

:laugh:
LOL, I'm thinking I will see the "Fairy Tale" stuff with your next post. :P

jrjohn
10-26-2010, 05:02 PM
jargomcfargo wrote:

jrjohn wrote:

It's a thin line between hero and zero.

Our family knows a lot of packer fans. Generally speaking, they all want Favre to keep playing, especially hurt. Most are afraid of what a different quarterback might bring to the team. ie scrambling around, avoiding the sack, and most important igniting a very good bunch of players that just need something to rally behind.

Infidel
10-26-2010, 05:06 PM
Mardro said:

In the end, it wasn't a "Brutal" tackle that you keep saying it was and the OL played the best it had all year...

Their best is not too hot. The refs didn't call holding and the Packer line was decimated by injuries.

And how is it not brutal when the front of the foot is pressed flat against the ground and pinned so there's no room for flex and then twisted as it's hit with the full weight of the tackler?

It was an intentional targeting of an injury....and done with great precision.

I'm beginning to think Mardro has not played the game....or at least not thrown many passes.

If you're right-handed, you put tremendous stress on your left foot in following through. Lacking that, you will simply be unable to throw properly.

There's clearly a lot about this game that you don't understand, my friend.

singersp
10-26-2010, 06:47 PM
The articles state that Fvare has two fractures.

Did they both happen during the Packers game or did the 2nd one occur when Childress thru him under the bus?

Mr Anderson
10-26-2010, 07:10 PM
singersp wrote:

The articles state that Fvare has two fractures.

Did they both happen during the Packers game or did the 2nd one occur when Childress thru him under the bus?
LMAO

In all seriousness though: one is a stress fracture and probably occurred the game. The avulsion fracture probably happened on the hit on Sunday. At least that's how I interpret it - I'm sure jargo has a more reliable opinion, if he hasn't already expressed it.

And if this hasn't been posted:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/26/doctor-misleading-to-say-favre-has-two-fractures/

ejmat
10-26-2010, 08:13 PM
Marrdro wrote:

ejmat wrote:

vike_mike wrote:

Talk about double standards. Let's see TJ has a decent preseason where he barely beat out Sage because of 1 INT he throws yet people claim he was better than Sage because of that. Yet this year when Sage CLEARLY beat out TJ during the preseason it proves nothing.

Not saying I don't agree with the fact 4 quarters of preseason football means squat but I did want to point out the double standard.

But to answer the question of how marketable Sage was compared to TJ let me ask. How many offers did TJ get as a FA? Who did the Giants ask for in a trade? Sage or TJ? The answer is pretty simple there Sir. :P

ejmat
10-26-2010, 08:25 PM
Marrdro wrote:

purpledoom wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Catch 22 wouldn't you say? If he plays he's all about himself. Yet if he says, coach I can't go, he's a puss that would be ridiculed by the Favre bashers. No decision he would make would be right.

At this point it needs to come from Childress and Childress only. If Childress doesn't do it right now I will lose even more respect for him. Sure, he can play on his ankle from what I hear. However, it's different as a 41 year old than most other QBs in the league. No one in the NFL can claim to have more heart than Favre. Absolutely no one compares to him. He is the Cal Ripken of football. But there will be naysayers no matter what if Favre makes a decision.

As a 43 year old myself I can tell you it's more difficult to get over even the smalles of injuries that it used to be. That in addition to his elbow and his ankle even before this new injury tells me this guy needs a break. His poor play this year makes it even more evident. Brett Favre is one of my all time favorite football players as a fan. Maybe not as a Viking fan but for anyone to call themselves a football fan Brett Favre' love and passion for the game is what everyone looks for. Sure he passes on camp which isn't cool. But the fact is I have always loved watching him play. Just like I like(d) to watch Barry Sanders, Uhrlacker and Strahan play even though I hate their teams. He is one of the toughest SOBs to ever play the game of football and it's painful to see him struggle. Especially since he is now a Viking. But time is time and right now a change (even if temporary) is necessary as much as it pains me to admit it.

Purple Floyd
10-26-2010, 08:46 PM
Caine wrote:

Caine

Insert picture of marrdro

purpledoom
10-27-2010, 09:47 AM
ejmat wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

purpledoom wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Catch 22 wouldn't you say? If he plays he's all about himself. Yet if he says, coach I can't go, he's a puss that would be ridiculed by the Favre bashers. No decision he would make would be right.

At this point it needs to come from Childress and Childress only. If Childress doesn't do it right now I will lose even more respect for him. Sure, he can play on his ankle from what I hear. However, it's different as a 41 year old than most other QBs in the league. No one in the NFL can claim to have more heart than Favre. Absolutely no one compares to him. He is the Cal Ripken of football. But there will be naysayers no matter what if Favre makes a decision.

As a 43 year old myself I can tell you it's more difficult to get over even the smalles of injuries that it used to be. That in addition to his elbow and his ankle even before this new injury tells me this guy needs a break. His poor play this year makes it even more evident. Brett Favre is one of my all time favorite football players as a fan. Maybe not as a Viking fan but for anyone to call themselves a football fan Brett Favre' love and passion for the game is what everyone looks for. Sure he passes on camp which isn't cool. But the fact is I have always loved watching him play. Just like I like(d) to watch Barry Sanders, Uhrlacker and Strahan play even though I hate their teams. He is one of the toughest SOBs to ever play the game of football and it's painful to see him struggle. Especially since he is now a Viking. But time is time and right now a change (even if temporary) is necessary as much as it pains me to admit it.

You have stated better than I can my thoughts exactly. No matter what Favre does he's going to be wrong to someone. The same can be said for Childress though I have little or no sympathy for him.

Mr Anderson
10-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Caine wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Caine wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Infidel wrote:

Mr Kerry? Is that you?

Caine

Caine
Offense hasn't shown up?

They've been injured.

Percy's hip, Shiancoe's hamstring, Favre's ankle. As for the rest of them: Moss, Gerhart, Camarillo, and Baskett are brand new, Camarillo less than the others, but mind you, Favre didn't show up for training camp.

Since the bye week, Percy's looked better than any player in the NFL. Shiancoe and Gerhart started to come alive against in recent weeks, Sullivan's back and the line looked better than ever(how much that had to do with GB's DL situation is to be seen.)

The only guys who have been here for Favre's tenure and weren't injured this year at the skill postions: Kleinsasser, Dugan, Tahi, Lewis, and Berrian.

3 of those guys we rarely give the ball too, and I'm afraid Berrian and Lewis just suck. Or they haven't had adequate practice time with Favre(much like the rest of the team.)

Had Favre shown up to training camp, this would be a non-issue for all but Harvin, who missed most of camp himself, Moss and Baskett.

And Baskett is practically irrelevant.

I don't think it's an issue of the "offense not showing up." It's a case of Favre not showing up to camp. We could have made due with the injuries if Favre had any amount of experience with the guys who filled in during the early weeks of the season, his absence has hurt us. And now he's out for more practice time.

I hate to say I wish he never came back, but I'm thinking it now.

Brick
10-27-2010, 11:24 AM
Mr Anderson wrote:

Caine wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Caine wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Infidel wrote:

Mr Kerry? Is that you?

Caine

Caine
Offense hasn't shown up?

They've been injured.

Percy's hip, Shiancoe's hamstring, Favre's ankle. As for the rest of them: Moss, Gerhart, Camarillo, and Baskett are brand new, Camarillo less than the others, but mind you, Favre didn't show up for training camp.

Since the bye week, Percy's looked better than any player in the NFL. Shiancoe and Gerhart started to come alive against in recent weeks, Sullivan's back and the line looked better than ever(how much that had to do with GB's DL situation is to be seen.)

The only guys who have been here for Favre's tenure and weren't injured this year at the skill postions: Kleinsasser, Dugan, Tahi, Lewis, and Berrian.

3 of those guys we rarely give the ball too, and I'm afraid Berrian and Lewis just suck. Or they haven't had adequate practice time with Favre(much like the rest of the team.)

Had Favre shown up to training camp, this would be a non-issue for all but Harvin, who missed most of camp himself, Moss and Baskett.

And Baskett is practically irrelevant.

I don't think it's an issue of the "offense not showing up." It's a case of Favre not showing up to camp. We could have made due with the injuries if Favre had any amount of experience with the guys who filled in during the early weeks of the season, his absence has hurt us. And now he's out for more practice time.

I hate to say I wish he never came back, but I'm thinking it now.

... Aaaaaaaand Favre being 41.

... Aaaaaaaand Favre being distracted by sexual harassment investigation.

V4L
10-27-2010, 11:49 AM
Kinda funny we point out we support Jackson and think he could do better with better lineman who can pick up a blitz and better WRs then Williamson, Taylor, Wade etc and they are all excuses.. Nothing but horrible excuses

i_bleed_purple
10-27-2010, 12:09 PM
V4L wrote:

Kinda funny we point out we support Jackson and think he could do better with better lineman who can pick up a blitz and better WRs then Williamson, Taylor, Wade etc and they are all excuses.. Nothing but horrible excuses

Are you implying our OL can pick up a blitz?

Aside from Sunday nights game vs. the Packers, they've been as bad, if not worse than anything TJ had to work with.

V4L
10-27-2010, 12:13 PM
i_bleed_purple wrote:

V4L wrote:

Aside from Sunday nights game vs. the Packers, they've been as bad, if not worse than anything TJ had to work with.

Nope, just saying Jackson had the same shit happen.. Get blitzed and have no time to throw the ball or let the WRs get open

We point it out and it's excuses and he sucks... Not that a team needs to play on all cylinders.. Proof this year- Favre ordeal we have going on

i_bleed_purple
10-27-2010, 12:21 PM
V4L wrote:

i_bleed_purple wrote:

V4L wrote:

Nope, just saying Jackson had the same shit happen.. Get blitzed and have no time to throw the ball or let the WRs get open

We point it out and it's excuses and he sucks... Not that a team needs to play on all cylinders.. Proof this year- Favre ordeal we have going on

Won't argue that. They both look shockingly similar, however, Favre dealt with the same stuff last year. No pocket, rushed all the time, however he had a safety blanket with Rice and Shiancoe. Not sure where Shiancoe is this year, and Rice isn't there. He doesn't trust his other guys, and only recently is Harvin somewhat emerging as a 'go-to' guy for him.

Last year our receivers wouldn't get open either, but he'd just huck it up to Rice and 80% of the time he'd come down with a catch.

However, I think we can all agree that he's not playing well, injuries to both him, and others seem to be affecting our team chemistry.

Can't wait until he and MOss are on the same page though, that can be dirty.

V4L
10-27-2010, 12:58 PM
i_bleed_purple wrote:

V4L wrote:

i_bleed_purple wrote:

V4L wrote:

Won't argue that. They both look shockingly similar, however, Favre dealt with the same stuff last year. No pocket, rushed all the time, however he had a safety blanket with Rice and Shiancoe. Not sure where Shiancoe is this year, and Rice isn't there. He doesn't trust his other guys, and only recently is Harvin somewhat emerging as a 'go-to' guy for him.

Last year our receivers wouldn't get open either, but he'd just huck it up to Rice and 80% of the time he'd come down with a catch.

However, I think we can all agree that he's not playing well, injuries to both him, and others seem to be affecting our team chemistry.

Can't wait until he and MOss are on the same page though, that can be dirty.

And that's what I was getting at as well.. Favre had a couple safety blankets..

Can one really expect Jackson to succeed as a young QB.. Shitty coaching.. No line.. No WRs or even ONE safety blanket? Bout time to see if the kid can pull it out.. Can't get much worse then Favre has been playing.. May as well go with the young guy soon and see if we need to address this position hardcore in the offseason

FastForward to this year... Favre has same things going on.. is Old as hell.. Is hurt.. Forcing things that aren't there.. And still some people think Favre is god.. MOST know he is hurting us though thank god.. And i'll make the same "excuses" for him as well.. Line isn't blocking.. WRs can't get seperation (most of the time due to the fact they have no time IMO)

I don't know if Jackson is the answer.. Wouldn't surprise me if he isn't especially with this team.. But Favre sure as hell isn't.. It's a team game but Favre is the catalyst right now

Zeus
10-27-2010, 01:09 PM
i_bleed_purple wrote:

V4L wrote:

Sure was nice to have our #1 center back, wasn't it?

=Z=

Mr Anderson
10-27-2010, 02:53 PM
So the pass protection is better now than it was TJack played?

I thought: McKinnie has regressed, Loadholt is horrible, we never should have let Birk go, and losing Chester Taylor was going to kill us on third down?

Am I in the wrong place? This looks like PPO.

Brick
10-27-2010, 02:59 PM
Mr Anderson wrote:

I thought: McKinnie has regressed, Loadholt is horrible, we never should have let Birk go, and losing Chester Taylor was going to kill us on third down?

Don't forget Ryan Cook leading the league in penalties and literally giving opposing DE's a red carpet to the QB. Apparently we drafted Load so we could de-grade the RT position.....

It's funny how Favre-o-nites remember things.

ejmat
10-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Brick wrote:

Mr Anderson wrote:

Don't forget Ryan Cook leading the league in penalties and literally giving opposing DE's a red carpet to the QB. Apparently we drafted Load so we could de-grade the RT position.....

Favre-o-nites is a good one. I like that.

What I am wondering is why it's used here though. No one is arguing the fact he's playing poorly. No one is blaming the line anymore which they did earlier. It is a problem but was the same with TJ. The difference was last year Favre was able to handle it better. Much better than most and especailly better than TJ had. This year is a different story. He hasn't handled any adversity well or the pass rush. Different season, different results.

But no one is making excuses for Favre. All that is being said is that TJ hasn't proven to be a starting calibur QB. The question still remains is Favre better playing hurt than Jackson playing healthy. I think people, including myself are beginning to think that right now may be a good time for Favre to ride the bench a while. Let TJ have his 3rd or 4th chance. No more excuses. He has weapons and experience.

carta4eva
10-27-2010, 03:21 PM
The o-line is better than our 2008 line, just little to no continuity thus far in the season... Farve is starting to remind me of Drew Bledsoe when he got old in a hurry, his inability to move around in the pocket has been detrimental to say the least on free man blitzers, who if farve avoided would have had left a huge void in the area of the defense in which they came from... i'm not saying, I'm just saying

Brick
10-27-2010, 03:21 PM
ejmat wrote:

Brick wrote:

Mr Anderson wrote:

What I am wondering is why it's used here though. No one is arguing the fact he's playing poorly. No one is blaming the line anymore which they did earlier. It is a problem but was the same with TJ. The difference was last year Favre was able to handle it better. Much better than most and especailly better than TJ had. This year is a different story. He hasn't handled any adversity well or the pass rush. Different season, different results.

But no one is making excuses for Favre. All that is being said is that TJ hasn't proven to be a starting calibur QB. The question still remains is Favre better playing hurt than Jackson playing healthy. I think people, including myself are beginning to think that right now may be a good time for Favre to ride the bench a while. Let TJ have his 3rd or 4th chance. No more excuses. He has weapons and experience.

Yeah, I know. Went back and reread it... my comments were out of place.

I figured it didn't matter though, most people just ignore me anyways.

marstc09
10-27-2010, 03:45 PM
Brick wrote:

Mr Anderson wrote:

and I bet LOAD leads the leagues in penalties too so what is your point?

Brick
10-27-2010, 03:48 PM
marstc09 wrote:

Brick wrote:

Mr Anderson wrote:

Does he? I don't think he does, not sure though. Can't find that info.

marstc09
10-27-2010, 04:07 PM
Brick wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Brick wrote:

Mr Anderson wrote:

Well he has 8 in 6 games. I am working on finding anyone with more.

ejmat
10-27-2010, 06:19 PM
Brick wrote:

ejmat wrote:

Brick wrote:

Mr Anderson wrote:

Yeah, I know. Went back and reread it... my comments were out of place.

I figured it didn't matter though, most people just ignore me anyways.

Nah, never ignored. That much I can I tell ya.

marstc09
10-27-2010, 08:42 PM
Favre anatomy 101

Dr. Phillip Kwong, a foot and ankle specialist, discusses the extent of Brett Favre's ankle injury on "Around the League."

http://www.nfl.com/videos/minnesota-vikings/09000d5d81ba442a/Favre-anatomy-101?module=HP_cp2

jmcdon00
10-28-2010, 12:24 AM
marstc09 wrote:

Favre anatomy 101

Dr. Phillip Kwong, a foot and ankle specialist, discusses the extent of Brett Favre's ankle injury on "Around the League."

http://www.nfl.com/videos/minnesota-vikings/09000d5d81ba442a/Favre-anatomy-101?module=HP_cp2
The last part about it taking 1 to 4 weeks to heal is interesting, I thought it would take much longer.

Let Tjack get a few games and bring Favre back at 100% in 4 weeks against the Packers. I'd much rather have a healthy favre for 7 games than an injured Favre for 10.

keystonevike
10-28-2010, 10:58 AM
Let TJ start. No way Favre plays.

skum
10-29-2010, 12:34 AM
From what i know from this kind of injury is that it needs to heal, if you play on it, it will onlt get worse.. However we don't know the extend of the injury and how badly these "fractures" are.

Pretty sure Favre will start but wouldnt be surprised to see Jackson end the game and start vs the Cards.

SkolPensacola
10-29-2010, 08:23 AM
Adam Schefter (sp?) is reporting that Chilly is leaning toward sitting Favre Sunday. I wonder if he really has the stones to do that. Why run him out there and risk getting him injured more than he already is? After this week, the schedule is (looks) much easier, so why not rest his old arse this week and bring him back healthier against teams we have a decent shot of beating to start a playoff run.

Infidel
10-29-2010, 09:57 AM
I have been saying all week that Jackson will start and Favre will sit. I still do.

Why?

Favre needs the rest and the insertion of Jackson will build even MORE drama......meaning, Favre can sell tickets and increase ratings even from the bench.

Also, it's becoming obvious that with the broken ankle Favre is in danger of being hurt even more seriously if he's sent out against a good pass rush--even the poor Packer pass rush got to him and broke his ankle.

What's next? Concussion? More broken bones?

The insanity has to stop somewhere.

jargomcfargo
10-29-2010, 10:19 AM
Infidel wrote:

I have been saying all week that Jackson will start and Favre will sit. I still do.

Why?

Favre needs the rest and the insertion of Jackson will build even MORE drama......meaning, Favre can sell tickets and increase ratings even from the bench.

Also, it's becoming obvious that with the broken ankle Favre is in danger of being hurt even more seriously if he's sent out against a good pass rush--even the poor Packer pass rush got to him and broke his ankle.

Like the black night in the Monty Python movie,'It's only a flesh wound'.
Money and fame often are a prelude to insanity.

I would like to see TJ play, as much to put an end to the endless, borish, QB debate here on PP.O, as much as any other reason, I must confess.

Infidel
10-29-2010, 10:23 AM
I agree that the "Who's Better" debate has been boring and pointless and has mostly been a venue for people to trash one or the other of two good QBs who don't deserve such treatment.

I don't see that stopping anytime soon no matter who plays.....some bashers are just having too much fun.

:)

Infidel
10-29-2010, 10:26 AM
One thing I haven't mentioned, though......

I think Favre has tremendous power in that he can go to the owners and threaten to retire.

And since Favre apparently wants to play.....would that put him in?

jargomcfargo
10-29-2010, 10:38 AM
Infidel wrote:

I think Favre has tremendous power in that he can go to the owners and threaten to retire.

Wilf making a choice, Childress or Favre.

Who's done more for the pocketbook?

Infidel
10-29-2010, 04:20 PM
Brett is moving....

http://kstc45.com/article/stories/S1814800.shtml?cat=10905

Infidel
10-29-2010, 04:23 PM
jargomcfargo wrote:

Infidel wrote:

Judging by the way he's moving in the preceding post link and the aforementioned political power.....I guess he's got a good chance of making 992.

singersp
10-29-2010, 04:42 PM
marstc09 wrote:

Brick wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Brick wrote:

Mr Anderson wrote:

I'll take 8 penalties in 6 games over 14 turnovers in 6 games any day of the week.

marstc09
10-29-2010, 05:53 PM
singersp wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Brick wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Brick wrote:

Mr Anderson wrote:

I'll take 8 penalties in 6 games over 14 turnovers in 6 games any day of the week.

What does that have to do with penalties? Anyways we are 11th in the league in penalties with 44. 18% are by Load.

Purple Floyd
10-29-2010, 06:35 PM
jargomcfargo wrote:

Infidel wrote:

Why?

Like the black night in the Monty Python movie,'It's only a flesh wound'.
Money and fame often are a prelude to insanity.

I would like to see TJ play, as much to put an end to the endless, borish, QB debate here on PP.O, as much as any other reason, I must confess.

Or to usher in the "Official Joe Webb" era :woohoo:

singersp
10-30-2010, 06:41 AM
jargomcfargo wrote:

You do realize, of course, that it will only lead to the upcoming TJ vs. Webb debates

singersp
10-30-2010, 06:50 AM
marstc09 wrote:

singersp wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Brick wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Brick wrote:

Mr Anderson wrote:

What does that have to do with penalties? Anyways we are 11th in the league in penalties with 44. 18% are by Load.

I'm saying that penalties isn't the biggest contributing factor or reason we are losing games.

I was never a big fan of behemouth larde bookends on the line. They are OK for the run game, but their lack of speed limits them on the passing game.

With that said though, Loadholt's "holding" probably has bought Favre time & kept him from getting creamed.

jrjohn
10-30-2010, 10:49 AM
singersp wrote:

jargomcfargo wrote:

You do realize, of course, that it will only lead to the upcoming TJ vs. Webb debates,

Oh won't that be fun

marstc09
10-30-2010, 02:06 PM
singersp wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

singersp wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Brick wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Brick wrote:

Mr Anderson wrote:

I'm saying that penalties isn't the biggest contributing factor or reason we are losing games.

I was never a big fan of behemouth larde bookends on the line. They are OK for the run game, but their lack of speed limits them on the passing game.

With that said though, Loadholt's "holding" probably has bought Favre time & kept him from getting creamed.

This discussion had nothing to do with losing games. It has to do with the OL now and when TJ started.

jrjohn
10-30-2010, 02:10 PM
Anybody hear if Brett is starting tomorrow?

Purple Floyd
10-30-2010, 02:14 PM
I look at it this way. It is the coaches job to put the best guy on the field. If they play Brett and he is not well enough to be effective then that is a real problem. I hope he isn't so soft that he caves to Bretts whim and lets him start on Sunday if he is not physically ready.

RK.
10-30-2010, 02:18 PM
The good news about the injury to Favre is that its not his plant foot. Its his left foot. If he plays I think we will see a lot more running from AP and Toby which is not all bad.

VikingMike
10-30-2010, 03:52 PM
jrjohn wrote:

Latest is that Favre expects to play (start) tomorrow. It's in Chilly's court now.

Infidel
10-30-2010, 04:01 PM
RK. wrote:

The good news about the injury to Favre is that its not his plant foot. Its his left foot. If he plays I think we will see a lot more running from AP and Toby which is not all bad.

The bad news is.....it's his follow-through foot.

The bad news is.....he'll be running with one frozen ankle and can't cut or stop or start or turn.

The guy who didn't have a lot of mobility to start with will now have a lot less.

Chilly is sending him out there to get killed?

That could happen.

Let's hope the smarter heads prevail and Jackson starts.

"What smarter heads?" the crowd asked.

No answer came forth.

Johnson14
10-30-2010, 05:28 PM
Infidel wrote:

RK. wrote:

The bad news is.....he'll be running with one frozen ankle and can't cut or stop or start or turn.

The guy who didn't have a lot of mobility to start with will now have a lot less.

Chilly is sending him out there to get killed?

That could happen.

No answer came forth.

That's a valid point

singersp
10-30-2010, 05:50 PM
jrjohn wrote:

Brett hasn't told Childress if he's starting or not yet, so Childress doesn't know who's starting.

Last I heard "it's a game time decision", meaning Fvare will tell the Chiller in the locker room who's going to start.

singersp
10-30-2010, 05:53 PM
RK. wrote:

It would have been only one fracture to Favre's ankle instead of two , but Childress had to go & throw him under the bus.

jrjohn
10-30-2010, 06:01 PM
singersp wrote:

jrjohn wrote:

Brett hasn't told Childress if he's starting or not yet, so Childress doesn't know who's starting.

Last I heard "it's a game time decision", meaning Fvare will tell the Chiller in the locker room who's going to start.

If thats true, then Chilly should be fired for letting this happen.

marstc09
10-30-2010, 06:36 PM
Infidel wrote:

RK. wrote:

No answer came forth.

I don't care who the "smarter heads" are. If they start Favre Sunday, they should be fired.

RK.
10-30-2010, 07:40 PM
Infidel wrote:

RK. wrote:

Well since the O line can't pass block worth a damn he hasn't been able to use his follow through foot much. So that is pretty much a push.

Brett Favre runs and makes cuts? hahahahaha What have you been smokin? He stands back there like a statue and has been taking hits all year long. That's why he never throws the ball out of bounds when he is about to get sacked. He is still inside the tackles and would get called for intentional grounding.

Infidel
10-30-2010, 08:07 PM
No, that's not true. He rolls out and sometimes it works. He's shown the ability to cut back to evade a tackler and I've seen him get face masked in that situation because the guy was having so much trouble getting him.

Facts not hyperbole, please.

However......with a frozen ankle he may be standing like a statue on Sunday, though....we'll have to wait and see.

V4L
10-30-2010, 10:50 PM
Infidel wrote:

No, that's not true. He rolls out and sometimes it works. He's shown the ability to cut back to evade a tackler and I've seen him get face masked in that situation because the guy was having so much trouble getting him.

Facts not hyperbole, please.

However......with a frozen ankle he may be standing like a statue on Sunday, though....we'll have to wait and see.

Statue? Like he has been all season?

Infidel
10-30-2010, 10:57 PM
You don't read well, do you?

Nor do you watch the games, apparently.

So, you got nothing to say, yet you want to join in.

Good luck with that.

V4L
10-30-2010, 11:11 PM
Infidel wrote:

You don't read well, do you?

Nor do you watch the games, apparently.

So, you got nothing to say, yet you want to join in.

Good luck with that.

Have you even been to a game? Child please

I think you may be the only one who hasn't seen Brett stand there 4-5 seconds at times.. If not I feel bad for your man love

Line.. Not very good at times.. Brett.. Even worse

Give it up..

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
10-30-2010, 11:29 PM
ESPN says brett said he doesn't want to get on the charter flight, if he's not going to start.

Mr Anderson
10-31-2010, 12:24 AM
STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES wrote:

ESPN says brett said he doesn't want to get on the charter flight, if he's not going to start.
What a douchebag.

He's a part of the team. If Jackson starts and gets hurt, Favre is going in.

Him not starting does not rule him out for playing entirely.

Infidel
10-31-2010, 07:21 AM
No, that's not what was reported.

What I saw was that AS HE BOARDED he said he wouldn't be getting on the plane if he wasn't starting.

That's an entirely different statement. I didn't see any statement like St. Cloudsays says he saw.

It does appear, though.....that Favre knows that he's starting.....even if Childress hasn't been informed yet.

MaxVike
10-31-2010, 09:02 AM
jargomcfargo wrote:

Infidel wrote:

There will be plenty of threads on this soon, but, I think the ship began sinking when the three amigos dragged Favre off his tractor. If New England beats the Vikes down, this will be Chilly's last year, Favre's, and many, many more. Wilf has proven he will bring in expensive players...next will be a high profile coach/GM - albeit just a hunch, I am thinking it is 90% probable.

Infidel
10-31-2010, 09:22 AM
Can't see any way the Vikings can beat the Pats, so according to you, a housecleaning is inevitable.

Favre is hurt and if TJ has to come in there will be a period of confusion during the changeover that will probably work against us.

Wilf's resources are not unlimited, so I suspect things will continue to go on pretty much like they are now.....you can't buy success--at least it's not likely.

singersp
10-31-2010, 09:26 AM
Infidel wrote:

.....you can't buy success--at least it's not likely.

See Steinbrenner: Yankees

singersp
10-31-2010, 09:32 AM
Infidel wrote:

No, that's not what was reported.

What I saw was that AS HE BOARDED he said he wouldn't be getting on the plane if he wasn't starting.

That's an entirely different statement. I didn't see any statement like St. Cloudsays says he saw.

It does appear, though.....that Favre knows that he's starting.....even if Childress hasn't been informed yet.

No, it's not really entirely different. The jist of it in both your statements is that if Favre wasn't starting, he was not going to get on the plane & be at the game.

Instead of getting on the plane regardless of who was going to start & supporting the team either from the field or the sidelines, he was going to be stubborn, pout & not go at all.

Like Mr. A said. What a douchebag.

The fact that he got on the plane means he's definitely starting.

Infidel
10-31-2010, 09:45 AM
No, that first report twisted it to sound like he was refusing to get on the plane unless he was starting.

That was simply untrue.

That's totally different from "AS HE BOARDED he said he wouldn't be getting on the plane if he wasn't starting."

Anyhow, I can't believe he's truly healed.

They're gonna shoot him full of painkiller and send him out on a frozen ankle.

How can that possibly work?

I have a bad feeling about this game.

I wonder how many of the players have a bad feeling?

I wonder how that impacts the performance of the team?

Whatever the details of how it all shakes out.....I think we're screwed.

SkolPensacola
10-31-2010, 10:26 AM
Whatever the details of how it all shakes out.....I think we're screwed.[/quote]

You beat me to it. I believe Favre will start and either be ineffective or get killed due to lack of blocking/open receivers. Then Tjack comes in and shows us Vikings fans (again) that Chilly is out of his mind for believing that #7 is the answer to the qb problems in MN. Maybe the Pats won't show up and we'll shock the world. Hope I'm eating crow in about 8 hours.

singersp
10-31-2010, 10:27 AM
Infidel wrote:

No, that first report twisted it to sound like he was refusing to get on the plane unless he was starting.

That was simply untrue.

That's totally different from "AS HE BOARDED he said he wouldn't be getting on the plane if he wasn't starting."

I know what you are trying to say, but the bottom line was if TJ had already been given the nod, Favre wouldn't go with the team. "As he was boarding" means he already knows he will be or he wouldn't have been there to ask.

I have a bad feeling as well about this game as well, so you at least agree with me on that. As I said earlier, this very well could be Favre's Waterloo.

Gotta agree with Cris Carter on this one also. "Favre is putting himself first", before what's good for the team, so we are going to see a damaged product out on the field somewhere between 50%-80%.

We know that a 100% healthy Favre is capable of playing craptacular, so one has to wonder what a a 50%-80% healthy Favre will do.

Purple Floyd
10-31-2010, 10:55 AM
singersp wrote:

Infidel wrote:

That was simply untrue.

I know what you are trying to say, but the bottom line was if TJ had already been given the nod, Favre wouldn't go with the team. "As he was boarding" means he already knows he will be or he wouldn't have been there to ask.

I have a bad feeling as well about this game as well, so you at least agree with me on that. As I said earlier, this very well could be Favre's Waterloo.

Gotta agree with Cris Carter on this one also. "Favre is putting himself first", before what's good for the team, so we are going to see a damaged product out on the field somewhere between 50%-80%.

We know that a 100% healthy Favre is capable of playing craptacular, so one has to wonder what a a 50%-80% healthy Favre will do.

And that is the problem with this coach. If he can't gain control over Brett then what is he going to do when push comes to shove with Jared Allen, Hutch,Moss etc? We already know what happened with Birk and I think things are going to come to a head if we don't win this game.

marstc09
10-31-2010, 11:07 AM
Purple Floyd wrote:

singersp wrote:

Infidel wrote:

That was simply untrue.

And that is the problem with this coach. If he can't gain control over Brett then what is he going to do when push comes to shove with Jared Allen, Hutch,Moss etc? We already know what happened with Birk and I think things are going to come to a head if we don't win this game.

Exactly! The haters are slobbing on Favre more than the lovers sometimes. They sound like the media. The real problem here is Chilly. Of course Favre is going say he wants to play. He wants to turn this ship around. He is a competitor. It is Chillys job as a COACH to control the situation.

singersp
10-31-2010, 11:15 AM
marstc09 wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

singersp wrote:

Infidel wrote:

That was simply untrue.

Exactly! The haters are slobbing on Favre more than the lovers sometimes. They sound like the media. The real problem here is Chilly. Of course Favre is going say he wants to play. He wants to turn this ship around. He is a competitor. It is Chillys job as a COACH to control the situation.

You're assuming Childress has balls.

This is a coach who fired a player on Xmas eve & had did it over the phone. Couldn't even grow the balls to do face to face.

singersp
10-31-2010, 11:19 AM
Purple Floyd wrote:

singersp wrote:

Infidel wrote:

That was simply untrue.

If the coach doesn't have control over his players, then you need a new coach.

However, as much as I'd like to see Childress gone, a coach can't excercise his power if the owner of the team, Zygi Wilf (who paid 20+ million to have Favre play)
mandates that if Favre wants to play, he will play regardless of what the coaches think.

marstc09
10-31-2010, 11:24 AM
singersp wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

singersp wrote:

Infidel wrote:

That was simply untrue.

However, as much as I'd like to see Childress gone, a coach can't excercise his power if the owner of the team, Zygi Wilf (who paid 20+ million to have Favre play)
mandates that if Favre wants to play, he will play regardless of what the coaches think.

Then he should take the team and leave.

marstc09
10-31-2010, 11:25 AM
singersp wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

singersp wrote:

Infidel wrote:

That was simply untrue.

This is a coach who fired a player on Xmas eve & had did it over the phone. Couldn't even grow the balls to do face to face.

Then he should be fired after todays game. I would love to see Leslie be the coach for the rest of the year.

singersp
10-31-2010, 11:34 AM
marstc09 wrote:

singersp wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

singersp wrote:

Infidel wrote:

That was simply untrue.

Then he should be fired after todays game. I would love to see Leslie be the coach for the rest of the year.

I'd wait until Xmas Eve day, hire Marcus Robinson to be GM for a day & then have him phone Childress on Xmas Eve night & fire his ass.

Infidel
10-31-2010, 02:03 PM
I don't think Favre is knowingly "putting himself ahead of the team."

I just think Favre CAN'T bench himself. He can't stand the idea of NOT PLAYING.

And he can't believe he won't throw the pass that wins the game.

That's just the way he is.....I don't think it's complicated and I don't think he's a bad guy.

He just loves being who he is and can't see that he's too badly beat up to be that person .... at least this week.

vikinggreg
10-31-2010, 02:06 PM
singersp wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

singersp wrote:

Infidel wrote:

That was simply untrue.

While I think Favre should have been pulled during the Jets and Packers games and there are issues with the triad of control running the Vikings I also have some difference with your statements

Yeah a different coach or a proper GM and an owner that has less infulence possibly on who's on the field. Just look at the Cowboys, Redskins (in past years) and the Raiders, all have had several different coaches but most of the coaches haven't had complete control (Redskins seem to be changing their ways now.)

paid 20+ million to have Favre play
Really?? This isn't the first time you and some others have overstated Favre's contract to play this year as part of a statement, unless you have a link to give me a different salary line for this season than what I've seen and this LINK (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=nfl&id=1744) provides than that 20+ is a garbage number. I also would believe that all the incentives aren't coming to him based on his current play and sitting him would probably save some coin (if there is an incentive on number of starts) and improve his health and the teams record in the months to come (if he gets his shit together).

I do however agree with you and Cris Carter that Favre's starting has more to do with his selfishness and ego. Favre is playing beyond his abilities ( and not doing well to say the least), being careless with the ball (not taking sacks by blindly throwing the ball up for grabs) and not playing with in the scheme of the team. I don't think he is healthy enough to help this team from both a mental aspect (texting distractions and power struggles with coach) and psyhical problems. At least Jackson is healthy and will try to stick with the game plan and should be starting IMHO based on that.

snowinapril
10-31-2010, 02:09 PM
Infidel wrote:

I don't think Favre is knowingly "putting himself ahead of the team."

I just think Favre CAN'T bench himself. He can't stand the idea of NOT PLAYING.

And he can't believe he won't throw the pass that wins the game.

That's just the way he is.....I don't think it's complicated and I don't think he's a bad guy.

He just loves being who he is and can't see that he's too badly beat up to be that person .... at least this week.

So true, he still thinks he is the little kid on the playground, even though there are 70,000 fans in the stadium. The game isn't any bigger than a playground.

I wouldn't want to stop playing either, play til it is dark or all the kids have to go home. I'd be the last one standing.

I wouldn't stop until mom (Chilly) or dad pulled my ass off the playground. "Snow, time to eat."

Favre needs a strong parent if he is going to come off the field. LOL!

Freakout
10-31-2010, 06:01 PM
and a broken face.

keystonevike
10-31-2010, 06:48 PM
keystonevike wrote:

Let TJ start. No way Favre plays.
Wrong again!
He not only played, but played well. Until that guy broke his jaw.

Purple Floyd
10-31-2010, 06:52 PM
singersp wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

singersp wrote:

Infidel wrote:

That was simply untrue.

Are you saying that you know for certain that is the case or are you pulling it out of your a$$thin air?

Infidel
10-31-2010, 07:16 PM
Obviously they want Favre in there.

Look at Today's drama.

DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA.

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY.

Money talks.

Favre is the draw and he gets anything he wants.

Unhealthy situation, but that's reality.

singersp
10-31-2010, 08:37 PM
Purple Floyd wrote:

singersp wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

singersp wrote:

Infidel wrote:

That was simply untrue.

Are you saying that you know for certain that is the case or are you pulling it out of your a$$thin air?

What? The last part?

LOL! You need to chill down. The last two statements are "IF" statements. Read them again.

Simply put, an owner of the team has power over his head coaches.

In other words, If an owner wants player "X" to play & player "X" wants to play as well, player "X" is going to be playing regardless of what the HC thinks.

Owner trumps HC

Can you give me an example where that wouldn't be true?

Freya
10-31-2010, 09:01 PM
Well now Favre has a possible fractured face. However, that should have no effect on his ability to play, although someone else will have to talk in the huddle.

Purple Floyd
10-31-2010, 09:13 PM
singersp wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

singersp wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

singersp wrote:

Infidel wrote:

That was simply untrue.

What? The last part?

LOL! You need to chill down. The last two statements are "IF" statements. Read them again.

In other words, If an owner wants player "X" to play & player "X" wants to play as well, player "X" is going to be playing regardless of what the HC thinks.

Owner trumps HC

I would hope that no owner would mandate to his coach that he has to play any player no matter how poorly he plays and I am not aware of any such case on any team.

One example would be the Redskins where Haynesworth was kept from playing in the preseason until his performance improved. I guess if you can show me a case where the owner mandated a player would start over the coaches wishes I would be interested to hear it.

singersp
10-31-2010, 09:27 PM
Purple Floyd wrote:

singersp wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

singersp wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

singersp wrote:

Infidel wrote:

That was simply untrue.

What? The last part?

Owner trumps HC

I would hope that no owner would mandate to his coach that he has to play any player no matter how poorly he plays and I am not aware of any such case on any team.

One example would be the Redskins where Haynesworth was kept from playing in the preseason until his performance improved. I guess if you can show me a case where the owner mandated a player would start over the coaches wishes I would be interested to hear it.

Unfortunately some owners "want to" & "do get" involved in everyday things that go on, even though they aren't knowledgeable enough to make those decisions.

Al Davis & Jerry Jones come to mind.

Purple Floyd
10-31-2010, 09:42 PM
singersp wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

singersp wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

singersp wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

singersp wrote:

Infidel wrote:

That was simply untrue.

What? The last part?

Owner trumps HC

Unfortunately some owners "want to" & "do get" involved in everyday things that go on, even though they aren't knowledgeable enough to make those decisions.

Al Davis & Jerry Jones come to mind.

they may be controlling but I still don't remember them mandating that a player be put on the field even when the coach didn't want them to. Well, Davis maybe when Kiffin was the coach but then again Davis is nuts and I don't think Childress is that type of owner.

gregair13
10-31-2010, 09:58 PM
Favre will play again next week. We know this.

jrjohn
10-31-2010, 10:09 PM
gregair13 wrote:

absolutly no doubt

Mr Anderson
10-31-2010, 11:56 PM
jrjohn wrote:

gregair13 wrote:

absolutly no doubt
Which body part will he hurt next week?

He's got a bad ankle, a bad elbow, now an injured head.

What's next? The other leg or arm? Ribs? ... Hip? Can you imagine the jokes if he hurt his hip? Almost as many as if he had a groin injury.

ultravikingfan
11-01-2010, 12:09 AM
Mr Anderson wrote:

jrjohn wrote:

gregair13 wrote:

absolutly no doubt

What's next? The other leg or arm? Ribs? ... Hip? Can you imagine the jokes if he hurt his hip? Almost as many as if he had a groin injury.

His anus?

Mr Anderson
11-01-2010, 12:23 AM
ultravikingfan wrote:

Mr Anderson wrote:

jrjohn wrote:

gregair13 wrote:

absolutly no doubt

His anus?
I think there are a few people on here who'd kiss that boo-boo.

Zeus
11-01-2010, 09:39 AM
singersp wrote:

My, how that legend has grown.

By this time next year, the story will be that the player was released by Childress via a singing elf telegram in the middle of Christmas dinner with Tiny Tim.

=Z=

Infidel
11-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Maybe we should be concerned about Harvin's ankle.

What the hell did they do......shoot his ankle full of painkillers?

Stupid bastards could end a career that way.

jrjohn
11-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Infidel wrote:

Maybe we should be concerned about Harvin's ankle.

What the hell did they do......shoot his ankle full of painkillers?

Stupid bastards could end a career that way.

Congratulations.

You just won dumbest, most out of touch, most thoughtless, most ridiculous post of the week honors.....and it's only Monday!!!