PDA

View Full Version : THE LAST NIGHT....

SHOW-TIME
03-01-2005, 07:54 PM
Tonight Randys last day as a Viking....Ohh gosh what a great 7 seasons we saw out of him good luck Randy I will miss you!!!

VKG4LFE
03-01-2005, 07:55 PM
Me too! Hopefully he won't pass the piss test they give him or something!

LosAngelis
03-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Always likely, VKG, always likely.

triedandtruevikesfan
03-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Bye Randy... thanks for the memories :)

VKG4LFE
03-01-2005, 08:01 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

Always likely, VKG, always likely.

Well let's hope he took a heavy dose of the happy plant today! You know how it is, kind of how Favre used his happy doses of vicadin!! lol

Mr Anderson
03-01-2005, 08:09 PM
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/news/sep03/rand907.jpg
http://sportserver.nandomedia.com/ips_rich_content/626-moss.jpg
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2004/football/nfl/09/12/bc.fbn.cowboys.vikings.ap/p1_moss_all.jpg

Im gonna be sad opening day without moss.

V4L
03-01-2005, 08:16 PM
its gonna be ok with NAP! he will do something special for us!

VKG4LFE
03-01-2005, 08:18 PM
He better do a lot of somethings special for us for what we gave up!!

VikingsTw
03-01-2005, 08:29 PM
We gave up a guy who was late to 18 meetings this year, we gave up a guy who abandand his team in washington, we gave up a guy who said he didnt care what our all pro center said to him about doing things right, we gave up a guy who many in the organization was sick of. We gave up a guy who gave us great memories, but its time to move on.

I'm happy with what we got, considering the 49ers got a second round pick for owens. I could have did with there second round pick also but I'm really happy to have nap and that 7th round pick is also very intreaging(sp). DEFENSE DEFENSE!

VKG4LFE
03-01-2005, 08:31 PM
The 49ers were lucky to get anything for TO, he should have been a FA! Where did you get that he was late to 18 meetings? Your inside source!? Napoleon won't do anything nearly as much as Randy did to help our team win! That is the bottom line!

triedandtruevikesfan
03-01-2005, 08:32 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

The 49ers were lucky to get anything for TO, he should have been a FA! Where did you get that he was late to 18 meetings? Your inside source!? Napoleon won't do anything nearly as much as Randy did to help our team win! That is the bottom line!

That one is true VKG... it could have been more times, but thats how many he was fined for.

VKG4LFE
03-01-2005, 08:34 PM
Where is that info from? How many times were other people late! I guess I'm just sick of everyone jumping off the Randy bandwagon! There will be a ton of people to eat crow if something gets f'd up with that trade!!

VikingsTw
03-01-2005, 08:36 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

NAP HATER!!! Why do we have all these nap haters, he's one of ours now so lets welcome him. Moss is a hall of famer, there might be one or two out of the upcoming draft that make the hall of fame, MAYBE. Most football players in the world will not do anything near what moss did on the field.

triedandtruevikesfan
03-01-2005, 08:38 PM
oh... don't get me wrong... I LOVE Randy... and I'm really really sorry to see him go. I heard that info on KFAN today. I don't know if its posted anywhere on the site or not though. They generally don't give false info.

Has anyone heard the song that KFAN did for Randy... in the tune of Mandy? Song chokes me up every damn time... especially when I hear PA say... "Touch Down Randy Moss on a 30 yard cold blooded connection from Daunte" Its gonna be bitter sweet the day the season starts... I'm most definately gonna miss Moss in purple... but all we can do is move on.

ultravikingfan
03-01-2005, 08:39 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Where is that info from? How many times were other people late! I guess I'm just sick of everyone jumping off the Randy bandwagon! There will be a ton of people to eat crow if something gets f'd up with that trade!!

I am just staying positive for a good offseason. I liked him, but whats done is done. See 'ya Randy! :salute:

campstove
03-01-2005, 08:40 PM
I strongly disagrie with the move but I wish him the best and look forward to seeing him tair up the afc

VKG4LFE
03-01-2005, 08:40 PM
It's not over til it's over! That's all I got!

PurplePeopleEaters
03-01-2005, 08:44 PM
I won't be able to sleep tonight.

triedandtruevikesfan
03-01-2005, 08:46 PM
I'm gonna switch gears here a little bit... I'm so glad that you guys love this team as much as I do... sometimes I feel like I'm a little to obsessed with them... but I come here and am just normal!! My mom is always like "Jocelyn there is life outside of the Vikings" hehe... not that I don't agree, but I take them very seriously.

VKG4LFE
03-01-2005, 08:48 PM
The life outside of the vikes....hmmmm....work, eat, girlfriend, family.....yep that pretty much sums it up!!

VikingsTw
03-01-2005, 08:49 PM
I know i'm obsessed, all year long pretty much for exept between the draft and camp, it slows down for a month or two. Other than that i'm glued to football.

triedandtruevikesfan
03-01-2005, 08:51 PM
I think I post in here more during the offseason then I do during the season... I need my football fix all year long!!! My family will only talk football with me so much... my bears fan just talks about the bears or tries to push my buttons about the Vikes...

ultravikingfan
03-01-2005, 09:15 PM
Honestly, not 10 minutes of my day goes by where I do think think about the Vikes.

VKG4LFE
03-01-2005, 09:15 PM
lol!! What do you think about in the other 10 minutes ultra?? lol

DemonicViking
03-01-2005, 09:17 PM
Moss has been traded? son of a ßitch, where's he going? who did we trade him to? :evil4:

Viking_Spirit
03-01-2005, 09:17 PM
Take your additude with you Randy.

ultravikingfan
03-01-2005, 09:18 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Not much. I have to fit in work, school, homework, studying, wife, kids, coaching, vehicle upkeep, projects around the house, mowing the lawn, shoveling snow, sleep, and satisfying the male needs! :wink:

DemonicViking
03-01-2005, 09:18 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I think I know, but I'm not sayin'

VKG4LFE
03-01-2005, 09:20 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Not much. I have to fit in work, school, homework, studying, wife, kids, coaching, vehicle upkeep, projects around the house, mowing the lawn, shoveling snow, sleep, and satisfying the male needs! :wink:

What is it that you do again?

ultravikingfan
03-01-2005, 09:22 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

What is it that you do again?

My career?

VKG4LFE
03-01-2005, 09:22 PM
Yeah.

ultravikingfan
03-01-2005, 09:25 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Yeah.

I was a Foreman (9 man crew) for a Hazardous Incineration Company here in Ohio. Quit my full-time work to finish my degree in Electrical Engineering Technology. I still work part-time for the company but strictly with electrical applications. I am a very busy dude!

VKG4LFE
03-01-2005, 09:27 PM
How the heck do you have time to grace us with your prescence?

ultravikingfan
03-01-2005, 09:31 PM
I stay up way to late and get 4 hours of sleep before I have to make the 45 minute commute to school then work. I only do 15 hours a week just to keep my wages and vacation. If it weren't for that, I would've quit.

I also coach youth sports. I have been my son's flag football coach the past few years. This year he can play tackle and we got him on a good team. I was talking to the coach and he asked me if I had coached before. I told him yes, and he said they need a LB's coach. So, I took it! This will be the first year these kids get to drill other kids. It is going to be a lot of fun teaching them how to rip somebody's head off! I can't wait.

I'll be on the sidelines with my Viking's hat and Viking's tank top with my norseman tattoo on my shoulder. If I can help produce some little Studwells, mission accomplished!

VKG4LFE
03-01-2005, 09:34 PM
They have specific "coordinator" jobs on your kids team? What the he!!. We had a head coach and an assistant and that's it until high school! Wow!!

LosAngelis
03-01-2005, 09:36 PM
They do it different-like in Minnesota, VKG...

ultravikingfan
03-01-2005, 09:36 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

They have specific "coordinator" jobs on your kids team? What the he!!. We had a head coach and an assistant and that's it until high school! Wow!!

I know, crazy. But, it is better to have a coach assigned to a few kids (especially at that age) than have only one. That way you can really concentrate on the kids and help them along. I also coach baseball too.

VKG4LFE
03-01-2005, 09:37 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

I'm thinking that was sarcastic, but I'm not sure so I'll laugh....hahahahaha

LosAngelis
03-01-2005, 09:38 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

I'm thinking that was sarcastic, but I'm not sure so I'll laugh....hahahahaha

LOL...I'm not sure what it was.

But, I'll bet Jesse Ventura had something to do with it.

VKG4LFE
03-01-2005, 09:39 PM
lol!! Well, I guess I wouldn't put it past him!

hailtocarter
03-01-2005, 09:46 PM
I'll miss you Moss!! But it's not done yet!!

Sorry to interrupt :silent:

eastcoastvikes
03-01-2005, 10:10 PM
Randy will be missed, it is time to move on but I don't think any of us will ever forget watching 84 hauling in TD after TD. Hopefully, when the deal is ultimately announced the Vikings did get more but we will see...

mark
03-01-2005, 10:10 PM
Ive been to 2 vikings games and the best part of both games was when they introduced moss and he came out with the gloves on his face and the crowd went crazy. I remember thinking"this guy is the vikings"

Purple Dragoon
03-01-2005, 10:58 PM
Even though he is a thug and lazy and not a good teammate, an era in Vikings football has ended. Randy Moss was the team, mention Vikings, and Randy Moss would come up 9 times out of 10.

I will miss those great sights of him catching the deep ball, and strolling in for the TD. I will miss the sights of his contortionist catches for scores.

But I won't miss his atitude. I won't miss his effect on the team. I won't miss his atitude.

1998-2004. The Era of Purple Moss. RIP.

Let the new era come. Let Daunte be the team, he has proven himself in my eyes, and its time he gets the full reins and goes with it.

zakvikes2k
03-02-2005, 01:05 AM
True that, the Vikings will be fine. I thank Randy for all the good memories (not the bad), and hope he does well in Oakland. But I hope he does the same BS there too, that way Norv Turner can fine him and then Moss will shut down and not play hard like he did for us. All I know is that the Raiders will suck once again and Moss will most likely mope around for atleast the 2nd half of the season.

coreyd
03-02-2005, 01:17 AM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

He better do a lot of somethings special for us for what we gave up!!

Even the Raiders are saying we got ripped off!!

South Carolina Vikefan
03-02-2005, 08:35 AM
i am sick and tired of hearing that he abandoned his team in Washington. there were 2 seconds on the clock. yes, he made a mistake by walking off the field but Randy is a competitor and I understand the way he felt. I don't agree with him walking off but with 2 seconds left they would have had to catch the onside kick in mid air and run it in for a touchdown. In that case why was Moss not in the game? BECAUSE HE WAS HURT!!!! If any other hurt player had started making his way to the locker room do you think it would have been a big deal. i can tell you that the only way this trade makes sense is if we get the personnel to win at least 2 super bowl over the next 5 years and that ain't happening. Thanks for the memories Randy, I will miss watching you. Good luck in Oakland.

VKG4LFE
03-02-2005, 05:00 PM
I agree SoCaVf!

XxS2TheEvoxX
03-02-2005, 05:07 PM
Umm...there's life outside of the Vikings...? Where?...

;-)

Anyway, we'll all miss Randy some way or another, some more then others.

I for one will miss Randy and what he brought to the field and how he made every play exciting.

I hope Randy tears up the AFC...

cajunvike
03-02-2005, 05:07 PM
Bye Randy...hope that we get rings before you do!

koolkev8
03-02-2005, 05:50 PM
"vikingstw" wrote:

We gave up a guy who was late to 18 meetings this year, we gave up a guy who abandand his team in washington, we gave up a guy who said he didnt care what our all pro center said to him about doing things right, we gave up a guy who many in the organization was sick of. We gave up a guy who gave us great memories, but its time to move on.

I'm happy with what we got, considering the 49ers got a second round pick for owens. I could have did with there second round pick also but I'm really happy to have nap and that 7th round pick is also very intreaging(sp). DEFENSE DEFENSE!

We gave up a guy who was one of the top guys doing community servous last year and this year!!!

VKG4LFE
03-02-2005, 07:03 PM
Moss is on ESPNEWS right now and I don't have that d@mn channel, I'm pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!