PDA

View Full Version : Sullivan questionable, so Cooper looks to start

Marrdro
10-16-2010, 03:57 PM
The offense functioned better in the second half, and the coaching staff liked the way Cooper handled the line calls and directed blocking assignments.

"He did a pretty nice job, held his own," offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell said. "The most important thing for us is that the center directs a lot of the show. I feel confident with Cooper. He does a great job, he's scrappy, he's tough. He's going to fight each and every play. I'm excited about him."

Sullivan questionable, so Cooper looks to start at center
(http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/105077559.html)

Whats really up with Sully's legs?

I'm beginning to think that maybe he is trying to be bigger than his body will let him. If thats the case, we need to move on and hope Coop can hold the Center position down for the rest of the season at least.

swardsooner
10-16-2010, 04:40 PM
Coop is small, but is super intelligent.

marstc09
10-16-2010, 07:00 PM
meh, Coop might be better.

Purple Floyd
10-16-2010, 07:33 PM
On a side note this looks like and indication that Cook has found yet another position he can't play on the OL. Apparently his play against Detroit was just a mirage.

El Vikingo
10-16-2010, 07:39 PM
swardsooner wrote:

http://www.cinemaisdope.com/news/films/mightymouse/mighty_mouse_b.jpg

tke0933
10-16-2010, 09:39 PM
Coop is a good fill in. I think Cook could do the job if he is put there and not everywhere along the line. Not sure what is happening with Sully and his legs.

Marrdro
10-17-2010, 08:50 AM
Purple Floyd wrote:

On a side note this looks like and indication that Cook has found yet another position he can't play on the OL. Apparently his play against Detroit was just a mirage.
Another article just posted quotes Hutch as saying the opposite.

What I think it is, is an indication that our backup Center is finally figuring things out allowing our swingman to focus just on 3 positions instead of 4.

Marrdro
10-17-2010, 08:51 AM
tke0933 wrote:

Coop is a good fill in. I think Cook could do the job if he is put there and not everywhere along the line. Not sure what is happening with Sully and his legs.
An excellent post from someone who appears to understand the play of the OL.

You just got bumped up a couple of columns on the ole spreadsheet my friend. ;)

Marrdro
10-17-2010, 09:04 AM
swardsooner wrote:

I'm not so sure my friend. Personally, I believe Mangold is the best C playing the game right now. He is listed at:
Mangold, Nick 6'4" 307

Matt Birk played the game pretty damn good back in the day and he is listed at:
Birk, Matt 6'4" 310

Our Centers are listed at:
Sullivan, John 6'4" 301
Cooper, Jon 6'2" 291
Cook, Ryan 6'6" 328

Sully is right there about were I expect a C to be at, Coop is a bit light, but I think the shortness kindof helps with respect to the QB and his visibility.

Cook on the other hand, is just a bit to tall if you ask me and probably is a bit heavy when it comes to pulling, however, there is another C that I like to watch play (Koets/Giants) who is listed at 6'5" but as with the others, weighs in at 301lbs.

Put 10 lbs on Coop and it would appear you would have an ideal size/wieght for a starting C.

On a side note, I still wonder if Sullys issues are related to trying to carry to much weight however he was at/around 300 lbs when he was drafted if memory serves.

V4L
10-17-2010, 09:22 AM
Was looking for a Marrdro post saying something of this sort

"So the center IS responsible for line calls and blocking assignments? Who was that yutz babbling about the play of the center and that cats responsibilities" :P

Marrdro
10-17-2010, 09:25 AM
V4L wrote:

"So the center IS responsible for line calls and blocking assignments? Who was that yutz babbling about the play of the center and that cats responsibilities" :P
LOL, quit trying to crack me up. I'm in the closet all day and aint in a good mood because of it. :angry:

JK, lucky for me, the game is on FOX, just so happen to have a TV in the closet so I won't miss a thing.

Got some Chilly and Dogs in the slow cooker starting to smell pretty good right about now.

As to the thread........You don't agree that the C makes the line calls?

V4L
10-17-2010, 09:29 AM
Marrdro wrote:

V4L wrote:

LOL, quit trying to crack me up. I'm in the closet all day and aint in a good mood because of it. :angry:

JK, lucky for me, the game is on FOX, just so happen to have a TV in the closet so I won't miss a thing.

Got some Chilly and Dogs in the slow cooker starting to smell pretty good right about now.

Smile Marty!! :woohoo:

Hahaha chili dogs cookin at work! love it!

And of course I know that man! You were preaching it for years lol

Marrdro
10-17-2010, 09:33 AM
V4L wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

V4L wrote:

No beer though. DAMN.

V4L
10-17-2010, 09:43 AM
Marrdro wrote:

V4L wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

V4L wrote:

No beer though. DAMN.

Sneak some beasts in next time!

Btw love the beasts! cant beat it for 13 bucks!

Marrdro
10-17-2010, 09:51 AM
V4L wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

V4L wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

V4L wrote:

No beer though. DAMN.

Sneak some beasts in next time!

Btw love the beasts! cant beat it for 13 bucks!
Wasn't long ago I could get a 30 pack for 10 bucks......

V-Unit
10-17-2010, 11:39 AM
Marrdro wrote:

The offense functioned better in the second half, and the coaching staff liked the way Cooper handled the line calls and directed blocking assignments.

"He did a pretty nice job, held his own," offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell said. "The most important thing for us is that the center directs a lot of the show. I feel confident with Cooper. He does a great job, he's scrappy, he's tough. He's going to fight each and every play. I'm excited about him."

I'm beginning to think that maybe he is trying to be bigger than his body will let him. If thats the case, we need to move on and hope Coop can hold the Center position down for the rest of the season at least.

It's tough to describe how good this post makes me feel. Looks like you were wrong on this one Marr.

-V-

marstc09
10-17-2010, 11:57 AM
Marrdro wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

What I think it is, is an indication that our backup Center is finally figuring things out allowing our swingman to focus just on 3 positions instead of 4.

He was pulled for poor line calls. I trust Mike Morris. He was a Center.

Marrdro
10-17-2010, 12:04 PM
V-Unit wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

It's tough to describe how good this post makes me feel. Looks like you were wrong on this one Marr.

-V-
How so?

Regardless, I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again I'm sure.

Marrdro
10-17-2010, 12:05 PM
marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

So that makes him more right than the LG playing next to him?

If thats so, then I guess. :huh:

marstc09
10-17-2010, 12:12 PM
Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

So that makes him more right than the LG playing next to him?

If thats so, then I guess. :huh:

Yes come I am sure Hutch would tell us if Cook was making bad line calls. *rolling eyes*

I am sure Morris has the inside scoop and reported it. :ohmy:

V-Unit
10-17-2010, 11:21 PM
Marrdro wrote:

V-Unit wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

-V-
How so?

OK come on Marr, don't make me dig up old threads. Your tongue and Sullivan's rear hang out much more than Favre and Deanna do.

-V-

Marrdro
10-18-2010, 07:13 AM
V-Unit wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

V-Unit wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

-V-
How so?

OK come on Marr, don't make me dig up old threads. Your tongue and Sullivan's rear hang out much more than Favre and Deanna do.

-V-
I gottacha. I do that with everyone of our new C's. What was the guys name the brought in 3 years ago I thought was gonna be the shit.

Course I had help on that one. Mars boy Morris was pretty high on him as well.

Purple Floyd
10-20-2010, 09:55 PM
marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

Yeah but that blows up Marrs whole theory thing so it has to be wrong. :silly: