PDA

View Full Version : Sidney Rice is off crutches, on the practice field

Marrdro
10-16-2010, 03:47 PM
Per Jeremy Fowler of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Rice "slowly jogged" on Friday, catching balls thrown by receiver Jaymar Johnson, who is on injured reserve. Fowler reports that Rice's lower-body movements were "minimal."

Sidney Rice is off crutches, on the practice field
(http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/16/sidney-rice-is-off-crutches-on-the-practice-field/)

The guys on "Moving the Chains" said typical time line is 4 weeks once he gets off the crutches for the player to be in game shape.

Marrdro
10-16-2010, 03:49 PM
The Pro Bowl wide receiver, less than two months after hip surgery, was catching passes today during the Vikings' practice session at Winter Park.

Wearing a purple No. 18 jersey and black sweats, Rice slowly jogged across an empty practice field while injured reserve receiver Jaymar Johnson threw him a couple of passes in stride. When we say slow, we mean slow his lower-body movements were minimal.

Vikings receiver Sidney Rice back on the practice field catching passes
(http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_16348213?source=rss&nclick_check=1)

VikingMike
10-19-2010, 07:29 AM
Marrdro wrote:

The Pro Bowl wide receiver, less than two months after hip surgery, was catching passes today during the Vikings' practice session at Winter Park.

Wearing a purple No. 18 jersey and black sweats, Rice slowly jogged across an empty practice field while injured reserve receiver Jaymar Johnson threw him a couple of passes in stride. When we say slow, we mean slow his lower-body movements were minimal.

Vikings receiver Sidney Rice back on the practice field catching passes
(http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_16348213?source=rss&nclick_check=1)

Here's a timeline of when the Vikings need to make decisions on Rice.

The Sidney Situation... (http://www.dailynorseman.com/2010/10/19/1760539/the-sidney-situation-rice-and-the-physically-unable-to-perform-list)

From the day Rice formally practices with the team for the first time, the Vikings have three weeks to either move him to the 53-man active roster, or put him on injured reserve and end his season completely.

Marrdro
10-19-2010, 07:39 AM
Thanks for the update Mike........

just keep dreaming about the Randy Moss/Sidney Rice/Percy Harvin trifecta that the Vikings are going to be lining up at receiver for the last six or seven games of the season.

I don't know about you, but I've been having those dreams as well, sometimes even when I'm awake. :laugh:

VikingMike
10-19-2010, 08:19 AM
Marrdro wrote:

just keep dreaming about the Randy Moss/Sidney Rice/Percy Harvin trifecta that the Vikings are going to be lining up at receiver for the last six or seven games of the season.

I don't know about you, but I've been having those dreams as well, sometimes even when I'm awake. :laugh:

Oh man, you know it. The dream offense.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee217/mcmlvi88/Offense.jpg

Marrdro
10-19-2010, 08:30 AM
VikingMike wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Can't see the image. Anyway, what suprises me the most, is in my dreams I actually see the Noodle in that offensive set and the ball isn't floating around and getting handed off/throwing my the invisible man. :woohoo: :woohoo: :silly: :silly: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Mark_The_Viking
10-19-2010, 08:45 AM
On what planet is Mck and Loadholt a dream offense?

marshallvike
10-19-2010, 08:51 AM
We, (myself included), seem to be putting almost unreasonably high expectations on the impact of Sidneys' return. It is going to be hard for him to hit the ground running at his previous level. I hope he can, but.....it's like we believe Sidney will automatically put us into the playoffs. That is a lot of money in one investment.

Zeus
10-19-2010, 10:14 AM
Mark_The_Viking wrote:

Any cold, lifeless rock that moves slowly through space.

=Z=

Infidel
10-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Zeus wrote:

Mark_The_Viking wrote:

=Z=

Yeah, the "Dream Offense" becomes a nightmare with that Center and those two Tackles.....and we have no assurance that Rice will recover well.

And will Peterson be limping?

Will Shank recover from whatever is ailing him?

Will our HoF QB ever get time to look down the field and pass? Is he mentally sharp after all the pounding he's taking?

Will Percy get a headache?

I never thought I'd see an offense where the most stable, consistent and reliable performer would be Randy Moss.

:woohoo:

Mr Anderson
10-19-2010, 12:26 PM
VikingMike wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

That would be a dream if Shiancoe was eligible. ;)

And if the line stepped up.

VikingMike
10-19-2010, 08:40 PM
OK, OK...I was referring to the receivers and AD. You guys don't get a chubby when you see these weapons at Favre's disposal? Clearly a lot of things have to come together yet.

IMO, as to the tackles, I think they had a pretty good game v. the Cowboys. Favre is totally immobile...and that's not good. And he's holding the ball too long.

Infidel
10-19-2010, 09:25 PM
VikingMike wrote:

Favre is totally immobile...and that's not good.

LOL! Yeah, he's in a wheelchair.

Have a nice trip back to your Galaxy.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mark_The_Viking
10-21-2010, 07:54 AM
Zeus wrote:

Mark_The_Viking wrote:

=Z=

PMSL

marshallvike
10-21-2010, 09:59 AM
Infidel wrote:

VikingMike wrote:

so you believe Farve is a mobile QB?

Infidel
10-21-2010, 10:36 AM
marshallvike wrote:

Infidel wrote:

VikingMike wrote:

Here's a definition for our vocabulary challenged pal:

Immobile [??m??ba?l]
adj
1. not moving; motionless
2. not able to move or be moved; fixed
immobility [??m???b?l?t?] n

I hope I don't have post the definition of mobile as well.

Yes, Favre is mobile.

Even after repeated failures of the Doodles involving him being engulfed and then crushed by 1000 pounds of pass rush.....he has always gotten up to play again....sometimes slowly, but he has always gotten up to play again.

Let us hope that he continues to do so.

Obi-Wan Favre is our last, best hope. Lacking him....we are fresh out of Jedi warriors.

:D

Brick
10-21-2010, 11:10 AM
Infidel wrote:

Yes, Favre is mobile.

Even after repeated failures of the Doodles involving him being engulfed and then crushed by 1000 pounds of pass rush.....he has always gotten up to play again....sometimes slowly, but he has always gotten up to play again.

Obi-Wan Favre is our last, best hope. Lacking him....we are fresh out of Jedi warriors.

That has nothing to do with mobility, that's durability. If anything it points to him NOT being mobile.

Infidel
10-21-2010, 11:14 AM
Big word, mobile.

Six letters.

Two syllables.

I wouldn't expect you to figure it out, Brick.

Try reading the definition SLOWLY.

I don't know what more I can do to help you understand.

;)

Brick
10-21-2010, 11:21 AM
Infidel wrote:

Big word, mobile.

Six letters.

Two syllables.

;)

So, Favre having a bad ankle and getting sacked repeatedly means he's a mobile QB?

At least I can figure out the quote function.

Infidel
10-21-2010, 11:39 AM
Get back to me when you have something relevant to say.

vike_mike
10-21-2010, 12:31 PM
Why are we bickering about our favorite team? We all love the Vikes, and even more great news is that Sydney is close to being back. It's going to be about three weeks. By the end of the season.

Brick
10-21-2010, 01:27 PM
Infidel wrote:

Huh?

It was a simple question. No need to get so defensive, Sally. Drink a cranberry juice.

VikingMike
10-21-2010, 07:04 PM
Infidel wrote:

Or as Jeff Spicoli said "...what a dick."

Is it too difficult for you to grasp the meaning of immobility when it is used with reference to a QB? Immobile, as opposed to a mobile QB like, say Romo or Rodgers.

There's no need to give us definitions and pronunciations. Are you going to diagram our sentences too? We all (you included) know what I was referring to...but methinks you get your jollies out of breaking chops and attempting to crawl under one's skin.

Infidel
10-21-2010, 07:41 PM
There's no need to give us definitions and pronunciations.

Well, there's a painful need to give you definitions, that's obvious.....and......I'd explain that pronunciations do not apply here, but it's just as obvious that you wouldn't be able to process that information any better than you do definitions.

For anyone to say that Favre is totally immobile is clearly wrong factually.

Get your facts straight.

And grow up.

Spicoli my ass.

Purple Floyd
10-21-2010, 07:45 PM
VikingMike wrote:

OK, OK...I was referring to the receivers and AD. You guys don't get a chubby when you see these weapons at Favre's disposal? Clearly a lot of things have to come together yet.

IMO, as to the tackles, I think they had a pretty good game v. the Cowboys. Favre is totally immobile...and that's not good. And he's holding the ball too long.

I might but the the reality of Childress coaching them on the sidelines just drains the blood right out of it.

marshallvike
10-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Infidel wrote:

marshallvike wrote:

Infidel wrote:

VikingMike wrote:

Here's a definition for our vocabulary challenged pal:

Immobile [??m??ba?l]
adj
1. not moving; motionless
2. not able to move or be moved; fixed
immobility [??m???b?l?t?] n

I hope I don't have post the definition of mobile as well.

Yes, Favre is mobile.

I see what you mean. you almost can't tell the difference between brett and fran tarkenton behind the line of scrimmage. both of them being mobile QB's and all.

Mr Anderson
10-21-2010, 09:04 PM
Brett Favre is slightly more mobile than Sidney Rice right now.

He's 41 years old with a bum ankle.

He's always had great movement in the pocket, on rollouts, etc. He's not Randall Cunningham, not a runner. Mobile QBs are not necessarily running QBs.

But despite Favre's past mobility, he's old and beat up, right now he might be the least mobile QB in the NFL.

By definition he is mobile, he can move. But in this context he has very limited mobility.

Purple Floyd
10-21-2010, 09:35 PM
Mr Anderson wrote:

He's always had great movement in the pocket, on rollouts, etc. He's not Randall Cunningham, not a runner. Mobile QBs are not necessarily running QBs.

But despite Favre's past mobility, he's old and beat up, right now he might be the least mobile QB in the NFL.

By definition he is mobile, he can move. But in this context he has very limited mobility.

Not to turn this into another brett topic but Marino was one of the most immobile QB's I have ever seen and he did just fine because he could read a defense, anticipate the pressure, and slide around to use the Ol as a shield while he also had a very fast release. Brett has enough experience now where he should be able to buy a few more ticks just by sliding away from pressure and making the throw. I am not so sure he is any less mobile than Brady or Manning

Mr Anderson
10-21-2010, 10:26 PM
Purple Floyd wrote:

Mr Anderson wrote:

Not to turn this into another brett topic but Marino was one of the most immobile QB's I have ever seen and he did just fine because he could read a defense, anticipate the pressure, and slide around to use the Ol as a shield while he also had a very fast release. Brett has enough experience now where he should be able to buy a few more ticks just by sliding away from pressure and making the throw. I am not so sure he is any less mobile than Brady or Manning
I don't think he's capable of making those slides right now with the shape his ankle is in. He's looked pretty bad in the pocket this year.

tastywaves
10-21-2010, 10:32 PM
Infidel wrote:

There's no need to give us definitions and pronunciations.

Well, there's a painful need to give you definitions, that's obvious.....and......I'd explain that pronunciations do not apply here, but it's just as obvious that you wouldn't be able to process that information any better than you do definitions.

For anyone to say that Favre is totally immobile is clearly wrong factually.

Get your facts straight.

And grow up.

Spicoli my ass.

Hey now.

Infidel
10-21-2010, 10:33 PM
Bullshit.

Any QB who can make it forty yards to the end zone fast enough to be one of the first to congratulate the TD receiver is mobile enough to do anything he really needs to do.

I have to laugh at the Favre haters.

(That's me laughing at you if you're one of the Favre haters.)

Mr Anderson
10-21-2010, 10:40 PM
Infidel wrote:

Bullshit.

Any QB who can make it forty yards to the end zone fast enough to be one of the first to congratulate the TD receiver is mobile enough to do anything he really needs to do.

I have to laugh at the Favre haters.

(That's me laughing at you if you're one of the Favre haters.)
And who's he beating down there? Our "turnstyles?"

Infidel
10-21-2010, 10:43 PM
Ok, you may have a point.

V4L
10-21-2010, 10:56 PM
Infidel wrote:

Ok, you may have a point.

Never thought i'd see you say anything remotely close to this ha

Infidel
10-21-2010, 10:58 PM
Ok, but he's still "mobile."

shoon
10-22-2010, 12:04 AM
Favre isn't "mobile" but he's one of the best at dodging the initial tackler. Obviously not as good as he used to be but it's been one of his best skills throughout his career.

Infidel
10-22-2010, 12:36 PM
In one game he was mobile enough that they had to face mask him to get him.

I'd say that's mobile.

(And the silly statement "Totally Immobile" is thus truly revealed as an inane and insipid claim.)

Brick
10-22-2010, 12:55 PM
Infidel wrote:

In one game he was mobile enough that they had to face mask him to get him.

I'd say that's mobile.

(And the silly statement "Totally Immobile" is thus truly revealed as an inane and insipid claim.)

So, he's a mobile QB because he got face-masked? That's your reasoning?

jrjohn
10-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Maybe the Favre haters just hate the Packers. When it's all said and done, Brett finally retires, he will be remembered as a Packer, not a Jet or Viking.

Infidel
10-22-2010, 02:38 PM
JrJohn said:

When it's all said and done, Brett finally retires, he will be remembered as a Packer, not a Jet or Viking.

Maybe, if the Doodles start giving him adequate pass protection.....he might win a Super Bowl as a Viking.

That could change things in a big way.

Of course, the Doodles are just as likely to continue their semi-vacation mode, so who knows?

Brick
10-22-2010, 02:57 PM
Infidel wrote:

JrJohn said:

When it's all said and done, Brett finally retires, he will be remembered as a Packer, not a Jet or Viking.

Maybe, if the Doodles start giving him adequate pass protection.....he might win a Super Bowl as a Viking.

That could change things in a big way.

Of course, the Doodles are just as likely to continue their semi-vacation mode, so who knows?

Just can't seem to grasp that whole quoting thing, eh? Getting closer though.

Infidel
10-22-2010, 04:08 PM
It's not that difficult. Just keep watching how I do it and you will surely pick it up in a few weeks.

:D :D :D

Brick
10-22-2010, 04:11 PM
Infidel wrote:

It's not that difficult. Just keep watching how I do it and you will surely pick it up in a few weeks.

Your parents are brother and sister.

Infidel
10-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Your mother wears combat boots!

(Looks like old Brick has finally done met his match!!!)

Gotta love him....he tries so hard.

Now if the damned Doodles would try even half as hard as old Brick does.....we'd be Super Bowl Bound!!!!

Purple Floyd
10-23-2010, 08:01 AM
Infidel wrote:

Your mother wears combat boots!

(Looks like old Brick has finally done met his match!!!)

Gotta love him....he tries so hard.

Now if the damned Doodles would try even half as hard as old Brick does.....we'd be Super Bowl Bound!!!!

They would look at Jacksons stats from a few select games in 2008 and determine that they did something no Viking offense will ever repeat and immediately retire as a unit waiting for the group HOF induction.

MaxVike
10-23-2010, 08:55 AM
I came to this thread, again, to check Sidney Rice's status. WTF????????

Mr Anderson
10-23-2010, 09:11 AM
MaxVike wrote:

I came to this thread, again, to check Sidney Rice's status. WTF????????
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/39747044/ns/sports-player_news/

It's a new page now, maybe we can change the topic.

Infidel
10-23-2010, 10:59 AM
Purple Floyd said:

They would look at Jacksons stats from a few select games in 2008 and determine that they did something no Viking offense will ever repeat and immediately retire as a unit waiting for the group HOF induction.

There should be a special Hall of Fame in hell for O-linemen and pass protection backs who were able to become multi-millionaires while standing around watching the QB get pulverized.......

Meanwhile, back at the topic.....nothing much new.

Sidney is back on the field, in uniform and catching passes.

He appears to be healing fast.

Injured wide receiver Sidney Rice watched practice again and played catch with Randy Moss during early special teams work. Rice and Moss were about 20 yards apart throwing passes to each other.

At one point, Moss yelled for Rice to catch the ball behind his back, which he did on the first try. Moss upped the ante by catching a pass behind his back and between his legs. Rice just smiled but didn't try that one.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/105536258.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUz33Dii_9PmP:Qi_vckD8EQD_1cuU

marstc09
10-23-2010, 11:42 AM
Brick wrote:

Infidel wrote:

Big word, mobile.

Six letters.

Two syllables.

;)

So, Favre having a bad ankle and getting sacked repeatedly means he's a mobile QB?

At least I can figure out the quote function.

12 teams in the NFL, including the Packers, have been sacked more then Favre. So does the make Rodgers immobile? Your argument really is not there on that one.

snowinapril
10-23-2010, 02:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7ZR1o57vZA&p=6707133B22FB1D6F&playnext=1&index=16

Go Rice!