PDA

View Full Version : The Greater Impact: Moss or Holmes?

Minniman
10-10-2010, 07:56 PM
Who will make the greater impact on Monday and into the season:

Randy Moss with the Minnesota Vikings after the trade,

or Santonio Holmes with New York after the suspension?

Culpepper_4717
10-10-2010, 08:14 PM
I have a gut feeling moss will come up big Monday night.

Purple Floyd
10-10-2010, 08:40 PM
Jenn Sterger

i_bleed_purple
10-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Randy, easy.

Moss is a gamechanger who has made MANY QB's look better than they really are.

Holmes is good, but not at that level.

Neither have practiced with their team, so it comes down to who can learn and be productive on the fly the better.

IMO, Moss is the guy you can say "3J X Dagger Zebra right Y zoom, Moss you run a post", better than Holmes.

According to him, they did that alot in 1998 anyway.

Mr Anderson
10-10-2010, 10:14 PM
Moss changes defenses.

He stretches the field, takes a guy out of the box, draws coverage away from other WRs.

If your safeties are 5 yards deeper than normal, can you blitz (a) LB(s) with a slot guy like Harvin or TE like Shiancoe out there?

If you're concerned about a deep threat WR(potentially 2 if Berrian could get his shit together) can you stop Adrian Peterson? With 3 down linemen and safeties playing deep he's going to be in the second level all day. The you don't want All Day to be all day... sorry.

V4L
10-10-2010, 11:52 PM
Gotta say Moss

You saw how our offense worked last year with a WR like him

Keep in mind Randy was tied for lead league in TDs last year

Holmes will help them.. But I think we need Randy more right now then they need Holmes

Minniman
10-10-2010, 11:53 PM
Mr Anderson wrote:

Moss changes defenses.

He stretches the field, takes a guy out of the box, draws coverage away from other WRs.
It may come down to which team can block better up front. I hope the Vikings gameplan that smart.

i bleed purple wrote:

Moss is a gamechanger who has made MANY QB's look better than they really are.

Holmes is good, but not at that level.
Which player was a Superbowl MVP?

I would say Moss is better, but Holmes should not be underestimated.

NDVikingFan66
10-11-2010, 12:09 AM
Moss without a doubt, in part because of the rest of our personnel. I suspect our line will not be better, making Favre batter, making or receivers better. And lets not forget about #28

Traveling_Vike
10-11-2010, 12:28 AM
I expect both of them to make an impact, but neither to completely change the game, at least, not this soon.

I'd have to say Moss will have the greater impact, not because of who he is, but because the Vikings passing game has been so sluggish thus far. The Jets have been decent passing up 'til now. So it's a matter of how much improvement could be had by each team.

The Vikings have more room for improvement, so their player should have the greater impact on that improvement.

VikesFan787
10-11-2010, 12:29 AM
For a dime sack?
Holmes.

Beezer
10-11-2010, 04:32 AM
She is so fake. Does she still have those implants?

Anyway

With the acquisition of Moss, the Vikings can finally score 3+ touchdowns a game.

Holmes has good focus on the field and enough skill and experience to contest our best d-backs, but he's going to need Sanchez's A-game, and then some, to make a bigger splash than what Moss is going to make.

Marrdro
10-11-2010, 09:57 AM
I don't think this is gonna be a "Air" game, but rather a "Ground" game, however, if I am wrong and it does turnout to be a "Air" game I would have to say Randy.

Rationale gets back to experience at the QB. The Noodle should be able to acclimate his reciever (Moss) faster than Sanchize should his (Holmes).

Another thing to look at is the routes that will be run by both of them. I think Randy will be used as a Z instead of the X for the most part and will get a few more looks because of that little switch.

Again, brings you back to the experience level of the QB. The Noodle should be able to get the ball to him (Moss) in stride which will result in some pretty good YAC.

magicci
10-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Purple Floyd wrote:

Jenn Sterger

Mr Anderson
10-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Marrdro wrote:

I don't think this is gonna be a "Air" game, but rather a "Ground" game, however, if I am wrong and it does turnout to be a "Air" game I would have to say Randy.

Rationale gets back to experience at the QB. The Noodle should be able to acclimate his reciever (Moss) faster than Sanchize should his (Holmes).

Another thing to look at is the routes that will be run by both of them. I think Randy will be used as a Z instead of the X for the most part and will get a few more looks because of that little switch.

Again, brings you back to the experience level of the QB. The Noodle should be able to get the ball to him (Moss) in stride which will result in some pretty good YAC.

If it is a "ground game" then Moss makes an immeasurably larger impact than Santonio Holmes.

slavinator
10-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Beezer wrote:

She is so fake. Does she still have those implants?

Anyway

With the acquisition of Moss, the Vikings can finally score 3+ touchdowns a game.

Holmes has good focus on the field and enough skill and experience to contest our best d-backs, but he's going to need Sanchez's A-game, and then some, to make a bigger splash than what Moss is going to make.

She had them removed recently so she is taken more seriously. THis is what she said in an interview recently.............So her 15 mins of fame is getting extended all pun intended.

slavinator
10-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Also here is what I think on Moss vs Holmes. Randy will have the bigger impact.

The jets have been doing just fine with the roster they have in terms of moving the ball scoring etc. They will not artificially look to get Holmes involved.

Our chances for victory tonight relies on a heavy dose of AP and keeping Favre upright to take a couple of shots when available. I also think that a deep post and or dig route will leave intermediate passing opportunities for Shiancoe and Harvin. A couple of screen plays ala GB or PIT games last year for AP would be nice to see as well.

gregair13
10-11-2010, 07:30 PM
More numbers will be Holmes. He will have more catches, but probably not touchdowns. Yards is a toss up.

Holmes knows the playbook. Moss only has one play; its called a 9 route.

Marrdro
10-17-2010, 11:06 AM
Minnesota Vikings 4 81 20.3 37T 1TD
New York Jets 3 41 13.7 19 0TD

Guess the guys/gals who said Moss won the day.