PDA

View Full Version : Now that the Moss Trade is Official...

Holzberg
10-06-2010, 10:07 AM
Get Moss on a plane right now and get the offense together today even though they are suppose to have the day off and practice, practice, practice!

12purplepride28
10-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Did this really need a new thread?

NodakPaul
10-06-2010, 10:37 AM
12purplepride28 wrote:

Well, we had around 100 different threads when Moss for traded away, so it is only fitting that we spawn multiple ones when we get him back... :)

vike_mike
10-06-2010, 10:47 AM
This is fantastic. I am delighted. I am sure Favre will get with him today. They need to be on the same page. I wonder what # he is going to wear? Moss should have never been traded by Red McCombs in the first place. Just wait until Sydney Rice gets back. That is going to be a real special receiving corp. Thanks to the Wilfs for bringing him back.

Holzberg
10-06-2010, 10:54 AM
NodakPaul wrote:

12purplepride28 wrote:

Well, we had around 100 different threads when Moss for traded away, so it is only fitting that we spawn multiple ones when we get him back... :)

The offical Moss thread is in "General NFL" and I don't believe that the Moss discussion should continue there because Moss is now a Viking. The only other ACTIVE Moss thread is a Twitter rumor thread and I don't believe it belongs therebecause it is no longer a rumor... Hence, the new thread.

battleaxe4cheese
10-06-2010, 11:05 AM
Well lets just hope it's Randy Moss instead of "Street Moss" and we should be ok. He will definitely demand respect/coverage which should help out in the flats and seams. I think it's a positive if he accepts the team and the team accepts him.

ultravikingfan
10-06-2010, 11:10 AM
Now that Moss is a Viking, crotch sniffers are now allowed back into the fold.

Paging Mr. Anderson...Mr Anderson please

ultravikingfan
10-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Ha haa! All those members who I personally changed their names because they had Moss in them.

Want them back now?

NodakPaul
10-06-2010, 11:19 AM
vike_mike wrote:

This is fantastic. I am delighted. I am sure Favre will get with him today. They need to be on the same page. I wonder what # he is going to wear? Moss should have never been traded by Red McCombs in the first place. Just wait until Sydney Rice gets back. That is going to be a real special receiving corp. Thanks to the Wilfs for bringing him back.

Sidney seems pretty happy with the deal:

sidneyrice tweeted:
RT @merryeyes: @sidneyrice Are u ok wit Moss coming back? Are you serious? This is gonna be interesting. In a great way! Welcome home Randy!

i_bleed_purple
10-06-2010, 11:21 AM
NodakPaul wrote:

vike_mike wrote:
[quote]This is fantastic. I am delighted. I am sure Favre will get with him today. They need to be on the same page. I wonder what # he is going to wear? Moss should have never been traded by Red McCombs in the first place. Just wait until Sydney Rice gets back. That is going to be a real special receiving corp. Thanks to the Wilfs for bringing him back.

sidneyrice tweeted:
RT @merryeyes: @sidneyrice Are u ok wit Moss coming back? Are you serious? This is gonna be interesting. In a great way! Welcome home Randy! [/b]

damn right. Sid doesn't seem like much of a 'me-first' kinda guy, besides. What kind of receiver would be against playing with Moss? Maybe learn a thing or two, and have him soften the coverage for you.

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
10-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Holzberg wrote:

Get Moss on a plane right now and get the offense together today even though they are suppose to have the day off and practice, practice, practice! They need practice, but tuesday is community day, thats important too. NM. I thought it was tuesday.

BenMoss84
10-06-2010, 11:37 AM
Newbie here guys and a HUGE randy moss fan... I always wanted him to go back to Minnesota and now that he is... It's ON!!!!!! The Freak is back!!!!!

sandviking
10-06-2010, 12:55 PM
(in response to Ultra's post) I thought about that this morning, specifically "Toss it to Moss" or "TosstoMoss". I can't remember which one it was. Either way, I think he will be a great addition to the receiving corps, but only if he doesn't demand every pass. We want team players.

Marrdro
10-06-2010, 12:57 PM
i_bleed_purple wrote:

NodakPaul wrote:

vike_mike wrote:
[quote]This is fantastic. I am delighted. I am sure Favre will get with him today. They need to be on the same page. I wonder what # he is going to wear? Moss should have never been traded by Red McCombs in the first place. Just wait until Sydney Rice gets back. That is going to be a real special receiving corp. Thanks to the Wilfs for bringing him back.

sidneyrice tweeted:
RT @merryeyes: @sidneyrice Are u ok wit Moss coming back? Are you serious? This is gonna be interesting. In a great way! Welcome home Randy! [/b]

damn right. Sid doesn't seem like much of a 'me-first' kinda guy, besides. What kind of receiver would be against playing with Moss? Maybe learn a thing or two, and have him soften the coverage for you.
Of course he is fine with it. They play two different positions. The one who should be worried is BB. Pretty much means he will be gone next year.

NordicNed
10-06-2010, 01:00 PM
ultravikingfan wrote:

Ha haa! All those members who I personally changed their names because they had Moss in them.

Want them back now?

I'm just happy it's Moss and not Culpepper, I'de have a tough time, finding those ashes....LOL :P

Marrdro
10-06-2010, 01:07 PM
NordicNed wrote:

ultravikingfan wrote:

Want them back now?

I'm just happy it's Moss and not Culpepper, I'de have a tough time, finding those ashes....LOL :P
Remind me, did I give David a Moss or a CC?

I was holding an inventory last night and was short one of each.

Ltrey33
10-06-2010, 01:17 PM
I can't wait to see Favre throw to Moss. It's going to be amazing. I hope we get all of our guys healthy by mid-season. Playing the last 8 with Moss, Rice, Harvin, Shank and Peterson would be a whole lotta fun!

Cris Carter looks like he could still play. Let's bring him back too!

ILLvike
10-06-2010, 01:24 PM
vike_mike wrote:

Caine
10-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Marrdro wrote:

NordicNed wrote:

ultravikingfan wrote:

Want them back now?

You gave him a Culpepper and a Smoot....

Marrdro
10-06-2010, 02:07 PM
Caine wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

NordicNed wrote:

ultravikingfan wrote:

Want them back now?

Ha.....I never liked the Smoot signing. That was almost done when I got here.

Pepp, although I thought he was servicable, was never a fan enough to warrant wasting money on his jersey.....

ndnorseman
10-06-2010, 03:47 PM
NodakPaul wrote:

vike_mike wrote:

sidneyrice tweeted:
RT @merryeyes: @sidneyrice Are u ok wit Moss coming back? Are you serious? This is gonna be interesting. In a great way! Welcome home Randy!

+84 :cheer:

tke0933
10-06-2010, 04:43 PM
Glad to see Moss back here. Should loosen things up for AP. Once Rice gets back, look out. As mentioned earlier, BB is the one who should be worried.

MulletMullitia
10-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Caine wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

NordicNed wrote:

ultravikingfan wrote:

Want them back now?

Wow, thanks for reminding me that I bought a Fred Smoot jersey. Ouch. That one still hurts

ChezPizmo
10-06-2010, 06:20 PM
ultravikingfan wrote:

We're already back. Full force. :woohoo:

thorshammer
10-06-2010, 06:38 PM
Randy is home again. He never should have been traded in the first place.

digital420
10-06-2010, 06:41 PM
how can u put 8 men in the box with the need to cover.. ph/shianc/moss/rice

just as farve doesn't have to carry the team.. moss doesn't have to carry the team.. just be his freakish self..

the rest.. will make history!!

DiGiTaL

PurpleGator
10-06-2010, 07:38 PM
digital420 wrote:

how can u put 8 men in the box with the need to cover.. ph/shianc/moss/rice

just as farve doesn't have to carry the team.. moss doesn't have to carry the team.. just be his freakish self..

the rest.. will make history!!

DiGiTaL

That is a great point. We will need to stop referring him to Randy Moss. His name is now Randy F'n Moss.

This is truly awesome.

magicci
10-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Im so freakin pumped about this deal! I cant remember the last time i was this excited about the Vikings. I still feel like im dreaming lol.

Seriously though the Vikes are gonna be playing some hardcore fantasy football!
This could summarize the defenses playin against them
----> :huh:

singersp
10-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Now that the Moss Trade is Official...

I see some of the '98ers have come back to roost.

marstc09
10-06-2010, 09:50 PM
I just want to applaud the FO getting this done.

Mr Anderson
10-06-2010, 10:02 PM
ultravikingfan wrote:

Back in the fold? Where have I been for the past 5 years? lol

2beersTommy
10-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Marrdro wrote:

i_bleed_purple wrote:

NodakPaul wrote:

vike_mike wrote:

sidneyrice tweeted:

Of course he is fine with it. They play two different positions. The one who should be worried is BB. Pretty much means he will be gone next year.

hopefully!

Purple Floyd
10-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Mr Anderson wrote:

ultravikingfan wrote:

Back in the fold? Where have I been for the past 5 years? lol

Apparently you were the outcast, black sheep or crazy uncle in the corner during that time lol.

Purple Floyd
10-06-2010, 11:07 PM
So does everyone think he is going to be the #1 WR on the team?

Culpepper_4717
10-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Purple Floyd wrote:

So does everyone think he is going to be the #1 WR on the team? No doubt

blakebeatty
10-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Now that the Moss trade is official, we can crack out the old joke... Q:What's wrong with the grass at Lambeau field? A:There's too much Moss in the end zone!

Culpepper_4717
10-06-2010, 11:17 PM
blakebeatty wrote:

Now that the Moss trade is official, we can crack out the old joke... Q:What's wrong with the grass at Lambeau field? A:There's too much Moss in the end zone! Hahaha... classic!

gregair13
10-06-2010, 11:23 PM
Crown our ass. Plan the parade.