PDA

View Full Version : Bud Grant sees Blanda in Vikings' Favre

Marrdro
09-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Shooter Now: Bud Grant sees a bit of George Blanda in Vikings' Brett Favre (http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_16195453?source=rss&nclick_check=1)

i_bleed_purple
09-29-2010, 01:15 PM
"If Favre could kick," Grant said, "he could play another 10 years."

What do ya say Marty? Should we give him a fair shot?

Marrdro
09-29-2010, 01:26 PM
i_bleed_purple wrote:

"If Favre could kick," Grant said, "he could play another 10 years."

What do ya say Marty? Should we give him a fair shot?
Hah, I was kindof hoping Mars would see that first. Regardless, well played my friend. :P

midgensa
09-29-2010, 01:46 PM
Love any time Bud Grant shares his opinions on things.

It is clear that Favre is Grant's type of guy, which is nice to see.

I read a whole bunch of "forget Favre, Blanda the real Iron Man" crap this last couple of days and had to laugh at the fact that this guy only started just over 100 games as a QB.

Simply put ... Blanda was quite the specimen and a legend. But he was neither a hall of fame QB or a hall of fame kicker. But the fact that he did both ... sometimes at extremely high levels ... makes him a hall of fame PLAYER.

Traveling_Vike
09-29-2010, 05:41 PM
Blanda also played a bit at Linebacker.

If they let guys do that today, I could just see Brett wanting to get out there and lay some hits on somebody.

Of course, I wouldn't let him. Can't risk the starting QB like that. If he wants to give kicking a try, though, sure, why not? Maybe he can put it into the end zone more often than Longwell.

Infidel
09-29-2010, 05:58 PM
Brett was out there ready to throw a block on Peterson's long TD run.

:)

Infidel
09-29-2010, 05:59 PM
Traveling_Vike wrote:

Blanda also played a bit at Linebacker.

If they let guys do that today, I could just see Brett wanting to get out there and lay some hits on somebody.

Of course, I wouldn't let him. Can't risk the starting QB like that. If he wants to give kicking a try, though, sure, why not? Maybe he can put it into the end zone more often than Longwell.

The Bionic Ankle!!!