PDA

View Full Version : Hank Baskett to the Vikings



thenetstud
09-21-2010, 09:22 PM
RT @JasonLaCanfora WR Hank Baskett will be signing with the Vikings after being released earlier in the day by Philly

ILLvike
09-21-2010, 09:24 PM
Oh god, another Eagles cast-off... thanks chilly

bbqplatypus318
09-21-2010, 09:25 PM
Um...hooray?

thenetstud
09-21-2010, 09:26 PM
I assume that puts us out of the Vincent Jackson running.

Infidel
09-21-2010, 09:28 PM
I doubt that.

12purplepride28
09-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Dammit. You beat me to posting this. I was so excited to tell everyone about it. LOL. Well maybe its a smoke screen or for us to gain some leverage in the Vincent Jackson trade. If we sign the super bowl hero then we don't need VJ. Baskett is the Super Bowl hero right? oh wait....

ILLvike
09-21-2010, 09:29 PM
thenetstud wrote:

I assume that puts us out of the Vincent Jackson running.

One can hope... He wouldn't help significantly anyway

12purplepride28
09-21-2010, 09:32 PM
ILLvike wrote:

thenetstud wrote:

I assume that puts us out of the Vincent Jackson running.

One can hope... He wouldn't help significantly anyway

I definitely agree. Who needs a number one receiver anyways. We got b twice, mr migraine, one play wonder, and a guy that doesn't know the playbook. Why get someone with talent.

Infidel
09-21-2010, 09:38 PM
The word is.....this guy can't catch the ball.

Maybe he can block?

ILLvike
09-21-2010, 09:57 PM
12purplepride28 wrote:

ILLvike wrote:

thenetstud wrote:

I assume that puts us out of the Vincent Jackson running.

One can hope... He wouldn't help significantly anyway

I definitely agree. Who needs a number one receiver anyways. We got b twice, mr migraine, one play wonder, and a guy that doesn't know the playbook. Why get someone with talent.

Someone with talent who is one dumb move away from being out an entire year, won't be able to play until at least week 6, and who knows how well he will play then, after not practicing or being in training camp, and having to learn a new playbook. Better off saving the draft pick and taking a WR and a decent OL in the first two rounds...

PurplePeopleEaters
09-21-2010, 10:04 PM
ILLvike wrote:

Oh god, another Eagles cast-off... thanks chilly

Actually he was originally a Vikings castoff because the FO thought that Billy McMuffin was a better option at the time.

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, WE GOT HIM!

VikingMike
09-21-2010, 10:07 PM
Reminded me of this thread.

Baskett & McMullen watch (http://purplepride.org/community/discussion/2-vikings-fan-forum/466725-baskett-a-mcmullen-watch)

Mr Anderson
09-21-2010, 10:13 PM
I hear Thomas Tapeh is back strong from his injury. Todd Pinkston is a real sleeper.

The only former Eagle we've given a chance who's come close to being even mediocre is Artis Hicks. Why do we keep signing them?

Edit: Greg Lewis made one big play for us, forgot about him. He's been pretty much useless for the rest of his time here.

CCthebest
09-21-2010, 10:20 PM
You have got to be kidding. He was a joke here and a bigger one in Philly. Twill has btter hands and much quicker. I cant believe Dickless or whoever made this deal.

Stonecoldet3
09-21-2010, 10:22 PM
Mr Anderson wrote:

I hear Thomas Tapeh is back strong from his injury. Todd Pinkston is a real sleeper.

The only former Eagle we've given a chance who's come close to being even mediocre is Artis Hicks. Why do we keep signing them?

Edit: Greg Lewis made one big play for us, forgot about him. He's been pretty much useless for the rest of his time here.

The only reason I can come up with is Baskett is in a position where he might help the team immediatly due to his familiarization with the type of offense we run. Couldn't hurt right?

12purplepride28
09-21-2010, 10:24 PM
ILLvike wrote:

12purplepride28 wrote:

ILLvike wrote:

thenetstud wrote:

I assume that puts us out of the Vincent Jackson running.

One can hope... He wouldn't help significantly anyway

I definitely agree. Who needs a number one receiver anyways. We got b twice, mr migraine, one play wonder, and a guy that doesn't know the playbook. Why get someone with talent.

Someone with talent who is one dumb move away from being out an entire year, won't be able to play until at least week 6, and who knows how well he will play then, after not practicing or being in training camp, and having to learn a new playbook. Better off saving the draft pick and taking a WR and a decent OL in the first two rounds...

You mean like Jared Allen? And he will be able to practice after this week if my understanding is correct. He would only miss two games, two very winnable games especially if we can get our offense at least a little in sync. Then when Sydney comes back, we will have an extremely legit receiving tandem with Harvin and Camarillo playing 3 and 4. Next year we better draft a QB and an O-line man. With some d-line, safeties, and WRs scattered throughout the later rounds.

Erinnn
09-21-2010, 10:26 PM
I'm not going to come on here and act like I've followed Baskett's career and know a lot about him, but this one just has me asking why? Someone with more knowledge please enlighten me on how he fits into the offense and potentially benefits the team.

Stonecoldet3
09-21-2010, 10:29 PM
Erinnn wrote:

I'm not going to come on here and act like I've followed Baskett's career and know a lot about him, but this one just has me asking why? Someone with more knowledge please enlighten me on how he fits into the offense and potentially benefits the team.

He played on the Eagles, a team which runs a very similiar offense that we run. He should be familiar enough to atleast contribute somewhat immediately. Well that is my thought on the subject.

VikingMike
09-21-2010, 10:30 PM
Stonecoldet3 wrote:

Mr Anderson wrote:

I hear Thomas Tapeh is back strong from his injury. Todd Pinkston is a real sleeper.

The only former Eagle we've given a chance who's come close to being even mediocre is Artis Hicks. Why do we keep signing them?

Edit: Greg Lewis made one big play for us, forgot about him. He's been pretty much useless for the rest of his time here.

The only reason I can come up with is Baskett is in a position where he might help the team immediatly due to his familiarization with the type of offense we run. Couldn't hurt right?


I get so tired of hearing that a guy fits in because he "knows the system". So that limits all of our acquisitions to ex-Eagles? If so, why not TO? Oh wait, Chilly doesn't like him. If we trade for Jackson, he won't play for 6-10 weeks because he has to "learn the system". Like where's Camarillo been? How difficult is it for him to go 10 yards and curl in? I understand that Chilly's offense is incredibly complex and takes months or possibly years to comprehend, but if you get players, they have to be able to make plays for you. Baskett couldn't even hold onto an onside kick.

Stonecoldet3
09-21-2010, 10:36 PM
VikingMike wrote:

Stonecoldet3 wrote:

Mr Anderson wrote:

I hear Thomas Tapeh is back strong from his injury. Todd Pinkston is a real sleeper.

The only former Eagle we've given a chance who's come close to being even mediocre is Artis Hicks. Why do we keep signing them?

Edit: Greg Lewis made one big play for us, forgot about him. He's been pretty much useless for the rest of his time here.

The only reason I can come up with is Baskett is in a position where he might help the team immediatly due to his familiarization with the type of offense we run. Couldn't hurt right?


I get so tired of hearing that a guy fits in because he "knows the system". So that limits all of our acquisitions to ex-Eagles? If so, why not TO? Oh wait, Chilly doesn't like him. If we trade for Jackson, he won't play for 6-10 weeks because he has to "learn the system". Like where's Camarillo been? How difficult is it for him to go 10 yards and curl in? I understand that Chilly's offense is incredibly complex and takes months or possibly years to comprehend, but if you get players, they have to be able to make plays for you. Baskett couldn't even hold onto an onside kick.

While I agree with you, I would assume it would take time for someone who isnt familiar with the system to get the lyngo down for the routes to run etc...ofcourse I never played football so I am only assuming...funny how no-one remembers the 2 or 3 80 yard plus Touch Downs Baskett had while playing in the NFL but his mishandled an onside kick in his biggest game played

Erinnn
09-21-2010, 10:36 PM
Stonecoldet3 wrote:

Erinnn wrote:

I'm not going to come on here and act like I've followed Baskett's career and know a lot about him, but this one just has me asking why? Someone with more knowledge please enlighten me on how he fits into the offense and potentially benefits the team.

He played on the Eagles, a team which runs a very similiar offense that we run. He should be familiar enough to atleast contribute somewhat immediately. Well that is my thought on the subject.

Sorry I should have been more specific. Someone provide something other than he knows the system. I found one article that says he has ability to stretch the field. I'm not trying to be rude, I really don't know much about him. What does he offer?

Minniman
09-21-2010, 11:54 PM
Mr Anderson wrote:

I hear Thomas Tapeh is back strong from his injury. Todd Pinkston is a real sleeper.

The only former Eagle we've given a chance who's come close to being even mediocre is Artis Hicks. Why do we keep signing them?

Edit: Greg Lewis made one big play for us, forgot about him. He's been pretty much useless for the rest of his time here.

Lewis has one less yard than Berrian this season.

Zeus
09-22-2010, 09:09 AM
ILLvike wrote:

Oh god, another Eagles cast-off... thanks chilly

Ex-Viking!

=Z=

Holzberg
09-22-2010, 10:34 AM
So who will be out of the roster for him?

I bet it is Lewis.

Actually, I was hoping tha ass-hat Berrian would be the one, but I doubt that would happen. He has a couple more punts and passes to drop yet for Childress to figure out he sucks.

VikingMike
09-22-2010, 10:45 AM
As of 10:30 ET today, Baskett is not yet signed by the Vikings.

jmcdon00
09-22-2010, 10:49 AM
He fits the big outside reciever mold at 6'4" 220lbs.

His wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Baskett

Mr Anderson
09-22-2010, 10:59 AM
Minniman wrote:

Mr Anderson wrote:

I hear Thomas Tapeh is back strong from his injury. Todd Pinkston is a real sleeper.

The only former Eagle we've given a chance who's come close to being even mediocre is Artis Hicks. Why do we keep signing them?

Edit: Greg Lewis made one big play for us, forgot about him. He's been pretty much useless for the rest of his time here.

Lewis has one less yard than Berrian this season.
We're going into week 3. Lewis has 2 catches, Berrian 3. It's ridiculous to compare their production based on this season's statistics.

Infidel
09-22-2010, 11:13 AM
In truth, it's ridiculous to draw ANY conclusions about ANYBODY'S performance from the first two games......

Except that the pass protection has been uniformly awful and our own pass rush has been a bit lame.

Marrdro
09-22-2010, 12:36 PM
jmcdon00 wrote:

He fits the big outside reciever mold at 6'4" 220lbs.

His wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Baskett
Don't muddle this thread with the small fact that he isn't a field stretcher like some seem to think we need my friend.

On a side note, I remember, not to long ago, when we were tracking this guy, with several posters on here complaining that we let him go.

The end all to be all is they actually got a kid that (yes, I'm gonna say it) fits the whole we have in the WR corps and brought a guy in who can be that big target in the middle the Noodle is looking for all the time.

Problem is, I'm not sure he is good enough to really draw the attention a El Syd or a Vinny Jack would draw.

Holzberg
09-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Marrdro wrote:

jmcdon00 wrote:

He fits the big outside reciever mold at 6'4" 220lbs.

His wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Baskett
Don't muddle this thread with the small fact that he isn't a field stretcher like some seem to think we need my friend.

On a side note, I remember, not to long ago, when we were tracking this guy, with several posters on here complaining that we let him go.

The end all to be all is they actually got a kid that (yes, I'm gonna say it) fits the whole we have in the WR corps and brought a guy in who can be that big target in the middle the Noodle is looking for all the time.

Problem is, I'm not sure he is good enough to really draw the attention a El Syd or a Vinny Jack would draw.

I'm sure he will draw more attention than Berrian.

Well wait, Berrian does draw a lot of attention because everybody likes turnovers!

Marrdro
09-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Holzberg wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

jmcdon00 wrote:

He fits the big outside reciever mold at 6'4" 220lbs.

His wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Baskett
Don't muddle this thread with the small fact that he isn't a field stretcher like some seem to think we need my friend.

On a side note, I remember, not to long ago, when we were tracking this guy, with several posters on here complaining that we let him go.

The end all to be all is they actually got a kid that (yes, I'm gonna say it) fits the whole we have in the WR corps and brought a guy in who can be that big target in the middle the Noodle is looking for all the time.

Problem is, I'm not sure he is good enough to really draw the attention a El Syd or a Vinny Jack would draw.

I'm sure he will draw more attention than Berrian.

Well wait, Berrian does draw a lot of attention when he is trying to catch punts... Everybody likes turnovers!
I was pretty happy to see Cam run out there for a try at PR's only to get let down when he almost turned it over as well.

For some reason this staff seems to think that we can just plug anyone in at that spot based on who is on thier game day roster.

Let me tell you from experience (I was our team PR'r), it isn't an easy thing to do. Track the ball in flight as well as try to take a peak at the gunners/coverage team coming down.

Try as I might, I couldn't resist trying to take a peak.

Minniman
09-22-2010, 01:30 PM
Marrdro wrote:

jmcdon00 wrote:

He fits the big outside reciever mold at 6'4" 220lbs.

His wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Baskett
Don't muddle this thread with the small fact that he isn't a field stretcher like some seem to think we need my friend.

On a side note, I remember, not to long ago, when we were tracking this guy, with several posters on here complaining that we let him go.

The end all to be all is they actually got a kid that (yes, I'm gonna say it) fits the whole we have in the WR corps and brought a guy in who can be that big target in the middle the Noodle is looking for all the time.

Problem is, I'm not sure he is good enough to really draw the attention a El Syd or a Vinny Jack would draw.

I agree, he is neither Rice nor Jackson, but Baskett is a big physical receiver, and the Vikings need that. I would like to see what Baskett can do.

I would have liked to see what Javon Walker could do. Walker is not what he used to be, but at least he fights for the ball.

delviking
09-22-2010, 02:00 PM
i dont hate this pickup. could be better but he does have the size we need at 6'4" 220 to let him be outside and have harvin go back to the slot where he is most productive and damn bench berrian and have camarillo start.

being HB PH CC

looks nice to me even run plays the bigger stronger WR to block for AP cause till favre and the core get it in sync our only chance is for AP to win games just like how he carried this team to our 10-6 season with T-jack and Gus.

BloodyHorns82
09-22-2010, 02:11 PM
Marrdro wrote:

jmcdon00 wrote:

He fits the big outside reciever mold at 6'4" 220lbs.

His wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Baskett
Don't muddle this thread with the small fact that he isn't a field stretcher like some seem to think we need my friend.



Wait...who the heck thinks what we need right now is a field stretcher? Seems like everything I have read on here is people saying we need a receiver like Rice...one who can leap and make a catch in coverage...not afraid to take a hit.

Marrdro
09-22-2010, 02:12 PM
BloodyHorns82 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

jmcdon00 wrote:

He fits the big outside reciever mold at 6'4" 220lbs.

His wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Baskett
Don't muddle this thread with the small fact that he isn't a field stretcher like some seem to think we need my friend.



Wait...who the heck thinks what we need right now is a field stretcher? Seems like everything I have read on here is people saying we need a receiver like Rice...one who can leap and make a catch in coverage...not afraid to take a hit.
Go back a few posts. You will see atleast one of them saying he isn't the field stretcher we need. ;)

marstc09
09-22-2010, 03:09 PM
Marrdro wrote:

BloodyHorns82 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

jmcdon00 wrote:

He fits the big outside reciever mold at 6'4" 220lbs.

His wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Baskett
Don't muddle this thread with the small fact that he isn't a field stretcher like some seem to think we need my friend.



Wait...who the heck thinks what we need right now is a field stretcher? Seems like everything I have read on here is people saying we need a receiver like Rice...one who can leap and make a catch in coverage...not afraid to take a hit.
Go back a few posts. You will see atleast one of them saying he isn't the field stretcher we need. ;)

So wait we need a field strecher? For what? I thought Favre can't throw a deep ball. :dry:

Minniman
09-22-2010, 03:53 PM
Marrdro wrote:

BloodyHorns82 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

jmcdon00 wrote:

He fits the big outside reciever mold at 6'4" 220lbs.

His wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Baskett
Don't muddle this thread with the small fact that he isn't a field stretcher like some seem to think we need my friend.



Wait...who the heck thinks what we need right now is a field stretcher? Seems like everything I have read on here is people saying we need a receiver like Rice...one who can leap and make a catch in coverage...not afraid to take a hit.
Go back a few posts. You will see atleast one of them saying he isn't the field stretcher we need. ;)

I thought you said that would be Berrian. So we already have a field stretcher?

purplehelmut
09-22-2010, 04:05 PM
Oh goody, we're adding another lackluster, average receiver to an already lackluster, average receiving group. He should fit in perfectly.

NordicNed
09-22-2010, 04:45 PM
VikingMike wrote:

Reminded me of this thread.

Baskett & McMullen watch (http://purplepride.org/community/discussion/2-vikings-fan-forum/466725-baskett-a-mcmullen-watch)
Holy Crap Mike,
I checked out the link, and I could only stomach the 1st page..LOL Then I noticed that old thread hit 30 plus pages. LMAO

Can't believe HB as gone full circle, and ended right back with us. I do believe, Chilly pushed for him, seeing he landed with the Eagles, at one point...LOL

Personaly, till Rice comes back, I think we will continue to strugle at WR, and even after Rice comes back, we will still strugle, but maybe not as badly. And from that point on, getting better weekly. Just have to make sure we bring home some wins, and rcok some wins, here at home. I think we will still do both, our D alone, puts us in striking distance, week in and week out. Just need a few brakes to go our way.

Not much to say about Basket, YET!!!!!!

BloodyHorns82
09-22-2010, 06:23 PM
Minniman wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

BloodyHorns82 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

jmcdon00 wrote:

He fits the big outside reciever mold at 6'4" 220lbs.

His wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Baskett
Don't muddle this thread with the small fact that he isn't a field stretcher like some seem to think we need my friend.



Wait...who the heck thinks what we need right now is a field stretcher? Seems like everything I have read on here is people saying we need a receiver like Rice...one who can leap and make a catch in coverage...not afraid to take a hit.
Go back a few posts. You will see atleast one of them saying he isn't the field stretcher we need. ;)

I thought you said that would be Berrian. So we already have a field stretcher?

I still don't see who was suggesting that the Vikings need a field stretcher. I agree with marrdro that that is the best role for Berrian. He's not the type of guy to come back for the pass or make a leaping catch in coverage. He's far from a posession type.

The guy is a speedy, wimpy receiver. Used correctly he can probably put up decent numbers but pretending he is possession guy isn't going to fly. He's not a typical Favre receiver.

Infidel
09-22-2010, 06:26 PM
purplehelmut wrote:

Oh goody, we're adding another lackluster, average receiver to an already lackluster, average receiving group. He should fit in perfectly.

Since the word on him is he can't catch a cold......he'll fit on the low end of perfect.

:D

battleaxe4cheese
09-22-2010, 06:39 PM
Infidel wrote:

purplehelmut wrote:

Oh goody, we're adding another lackluster, average receiver to an already lackluster, average receiving group. He should fit in perfectly.

Since the word on him is he can't catch a cold......he'll fit on the low end of perfect.

:D

I'm sure glad we brought in Camarillo, I mean look at the difference he's making on the field. Oh wait...he's not playing.

slavinator
09-22-2010, 06:57 PM
At least Baskett will make a play on the ball. BB is just looking more and more like a whiny little girl!

We pay him $42 million and he says stop picking on me for not producing??? GTFO and take Chilli with you!

Infidel
09-22-2010, 07:01 PM
battleaxe4cheese wrote:

Infidel wrote:

purplehelmut wrote:

Oh goody, we're adding another lackluster, average receiver to an already lackluster, average receiving group. He should fit in perfectly.

Since the word on him is he can't catch a cold......he'll fit on the low end of perfect.

:D

I'm sure glad we brought in Camarillo, I mean look at the difference he's making on the field. Oh wait...he's not playing.

I agree totally......you'd think Camarillo is injured or something.

Get him out there!!!!

What are we saving him for.....the Superbowl?

Purple Floyd
09-22-2010, 10:14 PM
This is the move i have been waiting for since Wilf bought the team.


CHAMPIONSHIP

Infidel
09-22-2010, 10:35 PM
Sarcasm, right?

Or not?

I'm so confused!

:D

Zeus
09-23-2010, 10:03 AM
battleaxe4cheese wrote:

Infidel wrote:

purplehelmut wrote:

Oh goody, we're adding another lackluster, average receiver to an already lackluster, average receiving group. He should fit in perfectly.

Since the word on him is he can't catch a cold......he'll fit on the low end of perfect.

:D

I'm sure glad we brought in Camarillo, I mean look at the difference he's making on the field. Oh wait...he's not playing.

I saw Camarillo playing plenty on Sunday. He was on the outside, on the left side of the formation. That's not his thing - he's a slot. So it makes sense that it didn't seem like he was on field.

=Z=

BloodyHorns82
09-23-2010, 11:51 AM
Zeus wrote:

battleaxe4cheese wrote:

Infidel wrote:

purplehelmut wrote:

Oh goody, we're adding another lackluster, average receiver to an already lackluster, average receiving group. He should fit in perfectly.

Since the word on him is he can't catch a cold......he'll fit on the low end of perfect.

:D

I'm sure glad we brought in Camarillo, I mean look at the difference he's making on the field. Oh wait...he's not playing.

I saw Camarillo playing plenty on Sunday. He was on the outside, on the left side of the formation. That's not his thing - he's a slot. So it makes sense that it didn't seem like he was on field.

=Z=

Rumor has it the kid struggled to get open. Makes since because of his 5.8 40 time :woohoo: . He's got hands but no legs.

tastywaves
09-23-2010, 12:03 PM
BloodyHorns82 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

battleaxe4cheese wrote:

Infidel wrote:

purplehelmut wrote:

Oh goody, we're adding another lackluster, average receiver to an already lackluster, average receiving group. He should fit in perfectly.

Since the word on him is he can't catch a cold......he'll fit on the low end of perfect.

:D

I'm sure glad we brought in Camarillo, I mean look at the difference he's making on the field. Oh wait...he's not playing.

I saw Camarillo playing plenty on Sunday. He was on the outside, on the left side of the formation. That's not his thing - he's a slot. So it makes sense that it didn't seem like he was on field.

=Z=

Rumor has it the kid struggled to get open. Makes since because of his 5.8 40 time :woohoo: . He's got hands but no legs.

Camarillo ran a 4.6 in his pro day...didn't attend the combine or wasn't invited. Our speedster Berrian had a 4.57 at the combine. Rice was 4.51. Harvin is our fsatest guy at 4.41, which he makes up for with his height.

BloodyHorns82
09-23-2010, 12:06 PM
tastywaves wrote:

BloodyHorns82 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

battleaxe4cheese wrote:

Infidel wrote:

purplehelmut wrote:

Oh goody, we're adding another lackluster, average receiver to an already lackluster, average receiving group. He should fit in perfectly.

Since the word on him is he can't catch a cold......he'll fit on the low end of perfect.

:D

I'm sure glad we brought in Camarillo, I mean look at the difference he's making on the field. Oh wait...he's not playing.

I saw Camarillo playing plenty on Sunday. He was on the outside, on the left side of the formation. That's not his thing - he's a slot. So it makes sense that it didn't seem like he was on field.

=Z=

Rumor has it the kid struggled to get open. Makes since because of his 5.8 40 time :woohoo: . He's got hands but no legs.

Camarillo ran a 4.6 in his pro day...didn't attend the combine or wasn't invited. Our speedster Berrian had a 4.57 at the combine. Rice was 4.51. Harvin is our fsatest guy at 4.41, which he makes up for with his height.

Facts...pffft.

Not nearly as fun as making shiat up.

tastywaves
09-23-2010, 03:04 PM
BloodyHorns82 wrote:

tastywaves wrote:

BloodyHorns82 wrote:

Zeus wrote:

battleaxe4cheese wrote:

Infidel wrote:

purplehelmut wrote:

Oh goody, we're adding another lackluster, average receiver to an already lackluster, average receiving group. He should fit in perfectly.

Since the word on him is he can't catch a cold......he'll fit on the low end of perfect.

:D

I'm sure glad we brought in Camarillo, I mean look at the difference he's making on the field. Oh wait...he's not playing.

I saw Camarillo playing plenty on Sunday. He was on the outside, on the left side of the formation. That's not his thing - he's a slot. So it makes sense that it didn't seem like he was on field.

=Z=

Rumor has it the kid struggled to get open. Makes since because of his 5.8 40 time :woohoo: . He's got hands but no legs.

Camarillo ran a 4.6 in his pro day...didn't attend the combine or wasn't invited. Our speedster Berrian had a 4.57 at the combine. Rice was 4.51. Harvin is our fsatest guy at 4.41, which he makes up for with his height.

Facts...pffft.

Not nearly as fun as making shiat up.

Sorry. Of course that doesn't mean they don't play slow as shit on the field.

Berrian's skinny legs just make him look fast. Why else would you have an average height toothpick with average hands as your deep threat if he didn't have speed to burn? Oh wait :unsure:

midgensa
09-23-2010, 04:22 PM
I am pretty sure that Mr. Wilkinson is the answer to all of our problems.

I think there is little doubt we will score 40 points a game the rest of the season.

ConnecticutViking
09-23-2010, 08:48 PM
He has a hot wife...Even if he can't catch the ball, at least we have some eye candy? ;)

jrjohn
09-23-2010, 09:20 PM
marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

BloodyHorns82 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

jmcdon00 wrote:

He fits the big outside reciever mold at 6'4" 220lbs.

His wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Baskett
Don't muddle this thread with the small fact that he isn't a field stretcher like some seem to think we need my friend.



Wait...who the heck thinks what we need right now is a field stretcher? Seems like everything I have read on here is people saying we need a receiver like Rice...one who can leap and make a catch in coverage...not afraid to take a hit.
Go back a few posts. You will see atleast one of them saying he isn't the field stretcher we need. ;)

So wait we need a field strecher? For what? I thought Favre can't throw a deep ball. :dry:

NO NO No, he ment, we need a strecher on the field for Favre when Clay Matthews grabs his ass.

marstc09
09-23-2010, 10:34 PM
jrjohn wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

BloodyHorns82 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

jmcdon00 wrote:

He fits the big outside reciever mold at 6'4" 220lbs.

His wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Baskett
Don't muddle this thread with the small fact that he isn't a field stretcher like some seem to think we need my friend.



Wait...who the heck thinks what we need right now is a field stretcher? Seems like everything I have read on here is people saying we need a receiver like Rice...one who can leap and make a catch in coverage...not afraid to take a hit.
Go back a few posts. You will see atleast one of them saying he isn't the field stretcher we need. ;)

So wait we need a field strecher? For what? I thought Favre can't throw a deep ball. :dry:

NO NO No, he ment, we need a strecher on the field for Favre when Clay Matthews grabs his ass.

I always thought he looked a little gay.

gregair13
09-23-2010, 11:27 PM
Ya because he will be the answer to our issues.

http://smiliesftw.com/x/huge_roll_eyes.gif

BRANflakes69
09-24-2010, 03:29 AM
Really?? Why the hell do we need this guy? Did he even start a game with the vikings when he was here in the first place? Good job Childress!! We should definately start winning games now that we have him!!

Purple Floyd
09-24-2010, 09:12 AM
Marrdro wrote:

BloodyHorns82 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

jmcdon00 wrote:

He fits the big outside reciever mold at 6'4" 220lbs.

His wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Baskett
Don't muddle this thread with the small fact that he isn't a field stretcher like some seem to think we need my friend.



Wait...who the heck thinks what we need right now is a field stretcher? Seems like everything I have read on here is people saying we need a receiver like Rice...one who can leap and make a catch in coverage...not afraid to take a hit.
Go back a few posts. You will see atleast one of them saying he isn't the field stretcher we need. ;)

I was actually looking for the post that stated the eagles are so deep with talent compared to the Vikings that they can cut a player to make a roster space for someone on the practice squad and the cut player is still good enough for us to sign and make a starter. In fact they will probably save our season.

LOL. :woohoo:

Marrdro
09-24-2010, 01:55 PM
jrjohn wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

BloodyHorns82 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

jmcdon00 wrote:

He fits the big outside reciever mold at 6'4" 220lbs.

His wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Baskett
Don't muddle this thread with the small fact that he isn't a field stretcher like some seem to think we need my friend.



Wait...who the heck thinks what we need right now is a field stretcher? Seems like everything I have read on here is people saying we need a receiver like Rice...one who can leap and make a catch in coverage...not afraid to take a hit.
Go back a few posts. You will see atleast one of them saying he isn't the field stretcher we need. ;)

So wait we need a field strecher? For what? I thought Favre can't throw a deep ball. :dry:

NO NO No, he ment, we need a strecher on the field for Favre when Clay Matthews grabs his ass.
No No, its not Clay, its Bastardo.....

Marrdro
09-24-2010, 01:57 PM
Purple Floyd wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

BloodyHorns82 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

jmcdon00 wrote:

He fits the big outside reciever mold at 6'4" 220lbs.

His wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Baskett
Don't muddle this thread with the small fact that he isn't a field stretcher like some seem to think we need my friend.



Wait...who the heck thinks what we need right now is a field stretcher? Seems like everything I have read on here is people saying we need a receiver like Rice...one who can leap and make a catch in coverage...not afraid to take a hit.
Go back a few posts. You will see atleast one of them saying he isn't the field stretcher we need. ;)

I was actually looking for the post that stated the eagles are so deep with talent compared to the Vikings that they can cut a player to make a roster space for someone on the practice squad and the cut player is still good enough for us to sign and make a starter. In fact they will probably save our season.

LOL. :woohoo:
Keep trying. You can't convince Mars. He believes the Noodle is the whole team so depth isn't an issue.

On a side note, you keep saying we aren't deep in seperate threads but I didn't see a response to my post that broke all the positions down.

Marrdro
09-24-2010, 02:04 PM
marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

BloodyHorns82 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

jmcdon00 wrote:

He fits the big outside reciever mold at 6'4" 220lbs.

His wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Baskett
Don't muddle this thread with the small fact that he isn't a field stretcher like some seem to think we need my friend.



Wait...who the heck thinks what we need right now is a field stretcher? Seems like everything I have read on here is people saying we need a receiver like Rice...one who can leap and make a catch in coverage...not afraid to take a hit.
Go back a few posts. You will see atleast one of them saying he isn't the field stretcher we need. ;)

So wait we need a field strecher? For what? I thought Favre can't throw a deep ball. :dry:
Not sure what your talking about.

Purple Floyd
09-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Marrdro wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

BloodyHorns82 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

jmcdon00 wrote:

He fits the big outside reciever mold at 6'4" 220lbs.

His wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Baskett
Don't muddle this thread with the small fact that he isn't a field stretcher like some seem to think we need my friend.



Wait...who the heck thinks what we need right now is a field stretcher? Seems like everything I have read on here is people saying we need a receiver like Rice...one who can leap and make a catch in coverage...not afraid to take a hit.
Go back a few posts. You will see atleast one of them saying he isn't the field stretcher we need. ;)

I was actually looking for the post that stated the eagles are so deep with talent compared to the Vikings that they can cut a player to make a roster space for someone on the practice squad and the cut player is still good enough for us to sign and make a starter. In fact they will probably save our season.

LOL. :woohoo:
Keep trying. You can't convince Mars. He believes the Noodle is the whole team so depth isn't an issue.

On a side note, you keep saying we aren't deep in seperate threads but I didn't see a response to my post that broke all the positions down.

I missed it. Get me a link and I will poke holes all over it :laugh:

Marrdro
09-24-2010, 02:43 PM
Purple Floyd wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

BloodyHorns82 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

jmcdon00 wrote:

He fits the big outside reciever mold at 6'4" 220lbs.

His wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Baskett
Don't muddle this thread with the small fact that he isn't a field stretcher like some seem to think we need my friend.



Wait...who the heck thinks what we need right now is a field stretcher? Seems like everything I have read on here is people saying we need a receiver like Rice...one who can leap and make a catch in coverage...not afraid to take a hit.
Go back a few posts. You will see atleast one of them saying he isn't the field stretcher we need. ;)

I was actually looking for the post that stated the eagles are so deep with talent compared to the Vikings that they can cut a player to make a roster space for someone on the practice squad and the cut player is still good enough for us to sign and make a starter. In fact they will probably save our season.

LOL. :woohoo:
Keep trying. You can't convince Mars. He believes the Noodle is the whole team so depth isn't an issue.

On a side note, you keep saying we aren't deep in seperate threads but I didn't see a response to my post that broke all the positions down.

I missed it. Get me a link and I will poke holes all over it :laugh:
LOL, you probably could. I think it is in the Vinny Jack thread.

Purple Floyd
09-24-2010, 02:59 PM
Marrdro wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

BloodyHorns82 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

jmcdon00 wrote:

He fits the big outside reciever mold at 6'4" 220lbs.

His wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Baskett
Don't muddle this thread with the small fact that he isn't a field stretcher like some seem to think we need my friend.



Wait...who the heck thinks what we need right now is a field stretcher? Seems like everything I have read on here is people saying we need a receiver like Rice...one who can leap and make a catch in coverage...not afraid to take a hit.
Go back a few posts. You will see atleast one of them saying he isn't the field stretcher we need. ;)

I was actually looking for the post that stated the eagles are so deep with talent compared to the Vikings that they can cut a player to make a roster space for someone on the practice squad and the cut player is still good enough for us to sign and make a starter. In fact they will probably save our season.

LOL. :woohoo:
Keep trying. You can't convince Mars. He believes the Noodle is the whole team so depth isn't an issue.

On a side note, you keep saying we aren't deep in seperate threads but I didn't see a response to my post that broke all the positions down.

I missed it. Get me a link and I will poke holes all over it :laugh:
LOL, you probably could. I think it is in the Vinny Jack thread.

I'll look

marstc09
09-24-2010, 07:22 PM
Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

BloodyHorns82 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

jmcdon00 wrote:

He fits the big outside reciever mold at 6'4" 220lbs.

His wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Baskett
Don't muddle this thread with the small fact that he isn't a field stretcher like some seem to think we need my friend.



Wait...who the heck thinks what we need right now is a field stretcher? Seems like everything I have read on here is people saying we need a receiver like Rice...one who can leap and make a catch in coverage...not afraid to take a hit.
Go back a few posts. You will see atleast one of them saying he isn't the field stretcher we need. ;)

So wait we need a field strecher? For what? I thought Favre can't throw a deep ball. :dry:
Not sure what your talking about.

Of course you don't.

12purplepride28
09-24-2010, 08:23 PM
marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

BloodyHorns82 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

jmcdon00 wrote:

He fits the big outside reciever mold at 6'4" 220lbs.

His wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Baskett
Don't muddle this thread with the small fact that he isn't a field stretcher like some seem to think we need my friend.



Wait...who the heck thinks what we need right now is a field stretcher? Seems like everything I have read on here is people saying we need a receiver like Rice...one who can leap and make a catch in coverage...not afraid to take a hit.
Go back a few posts. You will see atleast one of them saying he isn't the field stretcher we need. ;)

So wait we need a field strecher? For what? I thought Favre can't throw a deep ball. :dry:
Not sure what your talking about.

Of course you don't.

I don't want to be confused with someone who agrees with marrdro on a Favre related topic ;) but he was saying that we don't need a field stretcher. He was telling Bloody that other people said we need a field stretcher.

Purple Floyd
09-24-2010, 08:26 PM
Marrdro wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Purple Floyd wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

BloodyHorns82 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

jmcdon00 wrote:

He fits the big outside reciever mold at 6'4" 220lbs.

His wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Baskett
Don't muddle this thread with the small fact that he isn't a field stretcher like some seem to think we need my friend.



Wait...who the heck thinks what we need right now is a field stretcher? Seems like everything I have read on here is people saying we need a receiver like Rice...one who can leap and make a catch in coverage...not afraid to take a hit.
Go back a few posts. You will see atleast one of them saying he isn't the field stretcher we need. ;)

I was actually looking for the post that stated the eagles are so deep with talent compared to the Vikings that they can cut a player to make a roster space for someone on the practice squad and the cut player is still good enough for us to sign and make a starter. In fact they will probably save our season.

LOL. :woohoo:
Keep trying. You can't convince Mars. He believes the Noodle is the whole team so depth isn't an issue.

On a side note, you keep saying we aren't deep in seperate threads but I didn't see a response to my post that broke all the positions down.

I missed it. Get me a link and I will poke holes all over it :laugh:
LOL, you probably could. I think it is in the Vinny Jack thread.
Oh yeah, I did a bit of looking and it seems Caine pretty much stuck a steak through the heart of your theory so there is little left for me to do.



I'm always amazed at people who post with purple-colored glasses on...after downing an entire pitcher of purple-pride-punch...

We're not as deep/loaded/stacked as you like to project.

QB: We have Favre...who is playing with little heart lately. After that we have the craptacular play of Tarvaris Jackson to look forward too. Fortunately, he won't be with us next season. After that is "Project QB" Joe Webb...that's a comforting thought. Are we LOADED at QB? Not hardly.

And next year we only have Webb under contract and he is a longer term project than TJ. Not much depth here.

RB: We have Peterson. This is what we tell ourselves when we're feeling down...we have Peterson. Unless he fumbles...then we get all pissed off and scream about how bad his ball control is. But after him we have Gerhart and Young. And they've done what exactly to make anyone think we're "LOADED"? Oh....let's see.....hmmm..... how about NOTHING!!! So, if Peterson needs relief, we're not "LOADED"...we're SCREWED.

Yep. Pretty thin. If Peterson goes down who is the next guy in line slated to pick up the slack?

FB: Everyone hates Tahi...almost sounds like a sitcom. So I wouldn't call that position "Loaded"...

OT: McKinnie (Who almost everyone thinks is overpaid and lazy) and Loadholt (Who is picking up McKinnie's bad habits) are BIG...but not great. Will we burn a hig draft pick here? Not likely...unless a premier LT falls in our lap...but that doesn't qualify us as "LOADED" at this position.

Two guys that are too big and too slow for what we ask them to do.Loadholt does OK for a RT but there is also a huge dropoff if either of them go down. Who is the depth behing both of them? Snicker if you even try to say Cook.

OG: Herrera (Who is playing well) and Hutch (Who is playing...but not as well as he should be). Behind them we have DeGeare - whom we haven't seen. Loaded? Not hardly.

Yep, not much there if they can't play that is for sure.


C: Sullivan got blown past a couple of times in the past couple games. Behind him we ahve Cooper...who may, or may not, be a better player. But the fact is - despite your protests - Sullivan isn't playing to teh level of the departed Matt Birk yet. Everyone gave Sully a pass for last saeson -being his first - but as the starter, the excuse pool is now empty (Unless your name is Jackson, then you have a never ending supply). Loaded? Not hardly.

Nope, Not hardly.

O-Line as a UNIT: As individuals they are not the best at their respective positions, as a unit they are playing far below the sum of their parts. In ALL phases of their game.

Yep.

TE: Shiancoe is turning into a darn good TE...but he needs to actually throw a block now and again. Kleinsasser is a tank, but he's not used as often as he once was. And Dugan is no one's idea of a starting TE. Loaded? Not really.

I actually think TE is one of the two strongest and deepest positions on the team.

WR: Here's where we REALLY differ. Rice has had ONE good season. IS he for real? Who knows. He's hurt...again....so we don't really get to make that determination, but you know that he - and his agent - will be pointing to his '09 numbers when the contract talks fire up. Sadly, one good season doesn't mean awesome receiver....it means one good year. Harvin is out again as well...hips and headaches...sounds like my wife. And playing out of position is killing his game anyway. Berrian has NEVER played to what we thought he'd be, and many are ready to cut ties with him - especially after he cried in the press about being picked on. Get open and catch some balls, dipwad!!! Greg Lewis....one good catch doesn't make a great receiver. Camarillo...Chiller never uses him. Who knows if he's actually worth a pooh. And now we have Hank Basket....HOORAY!!! Our SAVIOR has arrived!!!! Yeah...whatever. Is this group "LOADED"? Hell no!!! Even healthy it wouldn't be hard for a decently talented receiver to earn a spot here. This group is thin as hell...it just took an injury to Rice to prove it.

Yeah, this group is thin and most of the world sans a few rubes can see it plain as day

DEFENSE:

DE: Loaded? Well, maybe at the right side...but Edwards has disappeared this season. Of course, so has Allen, as I've watched to LT's in a row eat his lunch for him. Mitchel got a sack on one of his few plays, but Robison has been shut out. So, are we really "LOADED"? Not really. There are a LOT of better DE's out there.


This is the most stacked unit on the team but it has not produced any pressure so far this year. There is actually POTENTIAL depth here with Robison and Griffin. The problem is next year Edwards is gone which means either Robison or Griff are the starter and then we have one good backup on one side but not the other.

DT: Kevin Williams has made some noise this season, but Pat has almost disappeared. Not as a person - my lord no - that boy is bigger than ever. But as a player/playmaker, Pat hasn't been the immovable force ion the middle he used to be. Of course, we have Evans, Guion, or Kennedy behind those two...but none of them have excelled enough to earn more time in the rotation really, so "LOADED"? Not hardly.

Part of a DL that as a group might be the strongest on the team. But they need to get more pressure and stop letting teams run at will at bad times.Plus next year Pat will probably be gone and there isn't much behind him that I have seen to take his place.

FRONT 4 AS A WHOLE: They failed to apply pressure on Brees. They failed to apply pressure on Henne. Both QB's had plenty of time to do their damage to us...and did. And their renowned run stopping ability seems to be slipping away as we are currently 10th in rushing yards allowed. Like the O-Line, they are not playing to the sum of their parts...they are NOT playing as a unit.

LB's: Here we ARE stacked. Even though Henderson appears a bit slower than before the injury, and not as aggressive, between him, Leber, and Greenway, we have a great core group at this position. Brinkley played well last saeson in relief, and Farwell is a perennial ST stud, while Erin Henderson has done some nice things as well. This position would be truly hard to break into.

But what about next season? Isn't it a contract year for both Leber and Greenway? We won't keep both of them if that is the case so how will we be looking at that point without them?

CB: Loaded? Not hardly. Winfield has been getting beaten in coverage more and more. Griffin has played well the past season, but is hurt. Cook is hurt, but we don't really know how good he'll even be. Sheppard has been burned on several key long plays. Asher Allen - allegedly the best cover corner of the lot - has played alright, but he isn't making the field smaller for anyone. This group - injuries aside - is a big fat question mark. We don't know what we have because our 2 top guys are hurt. So, loaded? Maybe, but we don't know.

UGH

S: Arguably the weakest position on the field. Williams and Johnson haven't exactly torn it up, and Abdullah and Sanford aren't exactly giving us reason to promote them. We need a hard nosed, rip your face off Safety...and don't have one. We also need a ball hawking, "Don't you DARE throw it deep" Safety..and don't have one. We have a bunch of, "Oh shiite!! He threw to the other guy!!" Safeties. And this position has been a problem for a LOOONG time. So, loaded? Not hardly.

Well, they certainly make any opposing WR look good that is for sure.

ST's: I'm not even going there...

So, loaded? Not hardly. And productive? Not really. Of course, there's your assertion that it's all because of injury. But I dispute that on the basis that the term "LOADED" implies depth, and injuries should be weathered well...which they aren't.

Truth is, what made our team special last season was that we didn't have a bunch of individuals playing for stats, we had cohesive units working together, feeding into each other, and playing as a group. We no longer have that. And, until we do, we can continue to expect to struggle.

Caine