PDA

View Full Version : Most popular Vikings jerseys?

Tad7
08-09-2010, 12:04 AM
What's your guess as to which 5 Vikings players jerseys have sold the most ever? Put your list in order

I don't have the answers..I just bring it up because me and a buddy disagreed on who has sold more between Peterson and Favre.

Zeus
08-09-2010, 09:03 AM
Tad7 wrote:

What's your guess as to which 5 Vikings players jerseys have sold the most ever? Put your list in order

I don't have the answers..I just bring it up because me and a buddy disagreed on who has sold more between Peterson and Favre.

Most ever?

Has to be Moss.

=Z=

Johnson14
08-09-2010, 09:05 AM
Carter and Smith would be close, but i'd agree Moss must have sold the most.

BloodyHorns82
08-09-2010, 09:18 AM
Moss definitely has to be #1. He hasn't been on the team in what 5, 6 years? And people are still wearing his jerseys.

Peterson is probably a very close #2.

Zeus
08-09-2010, 11:34 AM
BloodyHorns82 wrote:

Moss definitely has to be #1. He hasn't been on the team in what 5, 6 years? And people are still wearing his jerseys.

People have to remember that wide-spread purchasing of jerseys has only really been around for the last 10 years or so. So players of that era would far outstrip anyone of previous eras (Cris Carter, Robert Smith, any of the Purple People Eaters, etc.)

I'd put a top-5 (based on observations at games) at:

1. Moss
2. AD
3. Jared Allen
4. Favre
5. Chad Greenway or Matt Birk

=Z=

i_bleed_purple
08-09-2010, 12:03 PM
I'll say:

Moss
Peterson
Favre
Allen
Culpepper

Keeping in mind, Jersey sales never really got huge like they are now until 10-15 years ago.

Bkfldviking
08-09-2010, 02:52 PM
That's because there many like me that never abandon a jersey until it falls off them. I wore a Randle #93 for many years then bought a Jimmy K #40 that I'm still wearing. :P

i_bleed_purple
08-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Bkfldviking wrote:

That's because there many like me that never abandon a jersey until it falls off them. I wore a Randle #93 for many years then bought a Jimmy K #40 that I'm still wearing. :P

You got lucky with long-time Vikes. I had a Culpepepr Jersey, that didn't last too long. Moss jerseys, same deal. People who bought Koren Robinson, Troy Williamson, etc. won't be rockin that too long. Randle and Jimmy K are solid jerseys.

scottishvike
08-09-2010, 03:21 PM
Zeus wrote:

BloodyHorns82 wrote:

People have to remember that wide-spread purchasing of jerseys has only really been around for the last 10 years or so. So players of that era would far outstrip anyone of previous eras (Cris Carter, Robert Smith, any of the Purple People Eaters, etc.)

1. Moss
2. AD
3. Jared Allen
4. Favre

=Z=

Yeah I've noticed that there are always lots of 69s in the Minny crowd too.

Zeus
08-10-2010, 09:44 AM
scottishvike wrote:

Zeus wrote:

BloodyHorns82 wrote:

1. Moss
2. AD
3. Jared Allen
4. Favre

=Z=

Girls in #69 jerseys are hot.

=Z=

triedandtruevikesfan
08-10-2010, 10:08 AM
i_bleed_purple wrote:

Bkfldviking wrote:

You got lucky with long-time Vikes. I had a Culpepepr Jersey, that didn't last too long. Moss jerseys, same deal. People who bought Koren Robinson, Troy Williamson, etc. won't be rockin that too long. Randle and Jimmy K are solid jerseys.

And they're players that you can still be proud to wear down the line.

I'll wear my Matt Birk one again when he's done playing for the Ravens.

i_bleed_purple
08-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Zeus wrote:

scottishvike wrote:

Zeus wrote:

BloodyHorns82 wrote:

1. Moss
2. AD
3. Jared Allen
4. Favre

=Z=

Girls 69ing jerseys are hot.

=Z=

not quite the thread for that is it?

brianjgeraghty
08-10-2010, 10:17 AM
My brother and I each had a Culpepper, I think he had the #12 Jersey, I had the #11.

Currently have an AD & Favre.

Want Tarkenton throwback, Harvin and Rice.

~B

i_bleed_purple
08-10-2010, 10:22 AM
I'd definitely wear a #12 Culpepper though, I just had an #11 :(

Got myself a Tark throback coming in, my Rice is at my apartment back home, and I'm meaning to get me a Harvin one of these days. I'd like a shank too, but haven't found any yet.

Johnson14
08-10-2010, 10:31 AM
I had a Culpepper one and a Moss one, they were really hard to get hold of in the UK at that time. The Culpepper one was sold at a car boot sale (like garage sale-ish) recently but i've no idea where my Moss one is.

brianjgeraghty
08-10-2010, 10:37 AM
Where'd you find the Tark? I didn't see it on the vikes gear store.

~B

i_bleed_purple
08-10-2010, 10:41 AM
brianjgeraghty wrote:

~B

I've got a Jersey hookup, I buy/sell them.

http://www.chrissky.com/n_images/js866a.JPG

brianjgeraghty
08-10-2010, 10:48 AM
i_bleed_purple wrote:

brianjgeraghty wrote:

~B

I've got a Jersey hookup, I buy/sell them.

http://www.chrissky.com/n_images/js866a.JPG

that's pretty sweet. I may ping you after my wedding about it. She wears a Favre BTW.

thanks dude.
~B

Zeus
08-10-2010, 01:25 PM
i_bleed_purple wrote:

Got myself a Tark throback coming in, my Rice is at my apartment back home, and I'm meaning to get me a Harvin one of these days. I'd like a shank too, but haven't found any yet.

They have Shank jerseys at Fahionlineshop, dude.

Just bought an away Harvin replica at the Vikings store this past weekend. Gonna wear that one on Friday.

=Z=

i_bleed_purple
08-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Zeus wrote:

i_bleed_purple wrote:

Just bought an away Harvin replica at the Vikings store this past weekend. Gonna wear that one on Friday.

=Z=

do they take paypal again? because I"m NOT sending anybody overseas money by Western Union.

Zeus
08-10-2010, 01:30 PM
i_bleed_purple wrote:

Zeus wrote:

i_bleed_purple wrote:

do they take paypal again? because I"m NOT sending anybody overseas money by Western Union.

I think so, but I'm not sure.

=Z=

Johnson14
08-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Interested to see what that shank jersey is like if you take the plunge IBP.

i_bleed_purple
08-10-2010, 02:27 PM
well after seeing their latest Viking jersey release (Gerhart) I'm skeptical about ordering from them.

Johnson14
08-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Yeah, i would be too, kinda why i was looking for a guinea pig to take the plunge first! lol ;) ;)

marstc09
08-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Moss
Peterson
Favre
Allen
Culpepper

jmcdon00
08-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Most popular Packers jerseys?
lmao

i_bleed_purple
08-10-2010, 04:21 PM
jmcdon00 wrote:

lmao

Is there even competition? Its gotta be, by far Mr. Favruh.

PackSux!
08-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Pat Williams.

I am not sure how popular it is but it took me almost three years to track one down and get it.

Pat is the man!

i_bleed_purple
08-10-2010, 05:08 PM
I would say not very popular at all. A sweet jersey though.

brianjgeraghty
08-11-2010, 07:47 AM
jmcdon00 wrote:

lmao

As a resident of Wisconsin (Milwaukee), I can tell you, there were a ton of Favre jerseys, lots of rodgers, and drivers now, even the occasional Jolly. It always gets a smile from me though when I see the Vikes Favre jerseys around here.

~B

PackSux!
08-12-2010, 05:13 PM
brianjgeraghty wrote:

jmcdon00 wrote:

lmao

As a resident of Wisconsin (Milwaukee), I can tell you, there were a ton of Favre jerseys, lots of rodgers, and drivers now, even the occasional Jolly. It always gets a smile from me though when I see the Vikes Favre jerseys around here.

~B

I would assume the Vikes Favre jersey is more popular than the Packers Favre jersey. Didnt most Packer fans burn their Favre jersey's when he became a Viking?

Erinnn
08-12-2010, 07:47 PM
i_bleed_purple wrote:

Bkfldviking wrote:

I wonder if my Corey Chavous jersey falls into that category. For a while every time I bought someone's jersey it was their last season with the Vikings so I stopped buying ones of people I really liked. Luckily I still get a lot of use out of my Randle and Jimmy K jerseys.

JDogg926
08-12-2010, 09:23 PM
As an out of market fan in Ohio, I'd have to believe Cris Carter was high on that list, until Moss of course, considering he was the only one you could get around here for years. I got my Carter in about 1994, it was about 1998 before I was able to complement that with a John Randle jersey.

As for those concerned with fashionline, I ran into a Vikings fan at the gym who I told about that site, he said he was nervous putting his credit card info, etc on that site (he doesn't even have a paypal account), but everything went through and was OK, but I've heard they're using paypal again anyway now. Has anyone gotten a white Gerhart from there yet? I'm tempted to make that purchase.

gregair13
08-13-2010, 01:03 AM
I have a Randy Moss (purple), Culpepper (white), K.Williams (purple), AP (white), Robert Smith (purple), and an old school retro Fran Tarkenton (purple).

I want a Randle. Badly. Carter would be sweet too. And I came real close to getting Greenway in his rookie year, but then he got hurt in pre season. If I had to get a current Viking, Greenway or Griffin would be who I would get.

nelly
08-13-2010, 04:39 AM
Well, I'm old school,

ALAN PAGE#88

Not only in the HOF but also an associate justice of the Minnesota Supreme Court. Truly a GREAT AMERICAN

nelly
08-13-2010, 05:08 AM
nelly wrote:

Well, I'm old school,

ALAN PAGE#88

Not only in the HOF but also an associate justice of the Minnesota Supreme Court. Truly a GREAT AMERICAN

Fran Tarkenton #10 (just because he'll bitch if not mentioned_

Chuck Foreman # 44 great all-around back

Jim Marshall #70: he played in 282 consecutive games, a record passed by Jeff Feagles, he started 270 games, a record only eclipsed by Brett Favre.

# 28 soon to be one of the greatest VIKINGS ever, SKOL VIKINGS, Adrian Peterson

i_bleed_purple
08-13-2010, 08:46 AM
JDogg926 wrote:

As an out of market fan in Ohio, I'd have to believe Cris Carter was high on that list, until Moss of course, considering he was the only one you could get around here for years. I got my Carter in about 1994, it was about 1998 before I was able to complement that with a John Randle jersey.

As for those concerned with fashionline, I ran into a Vikings fan at the gym who I told about that site, he said he was nervous putting his credit card info, etc on that site (he doesn't even have a paypal account), but everything went through and was OK, but I've heard they're using paypal again anyway now. Has anyone gotten a white Gerhart from there yet? I'm tempted to make that purchase.

Their Gerhart jerseys look like garbage compared to the rest of them. They're not made the same it appears, which is too bad because they made some pretty nice jerseys. I'm skeptical about ordering from them again because of that.

Mark_The_Viking
08-13-2010, 09:59 AM
Erinnn wrote:

i_bleed_purple wrote:

Bkfldviking wrote:

I wonder if my Corey Chavous jersey falls into that category. For a while every time I bought someone's jersey it was their last season with the Vikings so I stopped buying ones of people I really liked. Luckily I still get a lot of use out of my Randle and Jimmy K jerseys.

LOL thats exactly what happened to me. Carter - Retired, Culpepper - went away, got one with my own name on it and then a peterson. Hope it's stoppedI don't want me or AD to leave :P

brianjgeraghty
08-13-2010, 10:44 AM
PackSux! wrote:

brianjgeraghty wrote:

jmcdon00 wrote:

lmao

~B

I would assume the Vikes Favre jersey is more popular than the Packers Favre jersey. Didnt most Packer fans burn their Favre jersey's when he became a Viking?

I think you'd be surprised how many packer fans just loved favre that much that they didn't burn the jerseys. hehe.

Skol Vikes!

Texas Viking
08-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Id love to get one of the purple people eater jerseys that are not autographed so I could wear it around, but every one I see is signed. Does anyone know if you can buy these without the signatures?

purpledoom
08-13-2010, 12:58 PM
#81 Carl Eller

got a white Michael Bennet and a purple Culpepper which I would like to turn into a Kapp even if it isn't "appropriate".

Erinnn
08-13-2010, 01:35 PM
Mark_The_Viking wrote:

LOL thats exactly what happened to me. Carter - Retired, Culpepper - went away, got one with my own name on it and then a peterson. Hope it's stoppedI don't want me or AD to leave :P

I'm trying to decide who I want to buy for this year. I figure with the looming lockout if the player isn't around next year it won't be my fault.

jmcdon00
08-13-2010, 02:28 PM
brianjgeraghty wrote:

PackSux! wrote:

brianjgeraghty wrote:

jmcdon00 wrote:

lmao

~B

I think you'd be surprised how many packer fans just loved favre that much that they didn't burn the jerseys. hehe.

Skol Vikes!
It's a great onversation starter if you ever run into a packer fan. Just ask "What did you do with your Favre jersey?". hehe