PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre Isn't Out for Blood or Revenge: He's O

Marrdro
07-01-2010, 08:31 AM
Brett Favre Isn't Out for Blood or Revenge: He's Out for Another Ring (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/413958-brett-favre-isnt-out-for-blood-or-revenge-hes-out-for-another-ring)

kalamazooer10
07-01-2010, 10:05 AM
I agree.He's coming back to win a superbowl and as soon as training camp is over, he'll be back. I love him on the field, but his "I don't know what I want to do" BS has gotten old.

gagarr
07-01-2010, 10:28 AM
I'm pretty sure it's far more complex, because he knows that the shot at a ring is good but far from a certainty.

Most odds makers have the Vikes at 11 to 1 or below. Might jump when Favre offically declares but not far. Very few analysts have the Vikes winning. Thus, if winning a ring was his only consideration, I'm sure he would stay home.

Being with "the guys", hearing the crowd, competitive spirit, etc. all add to the formula and WINNING. I also think that he expects the Vikes as a whole to be better than last year.

But one of the top reasons is not to have his last NFL pass be a INT. Which is part of the reason he played for the Jets.

The negatives are there too. Losing! Especially a FG from the SB. Being beat to a pulp (Saints). Ending his career injured. Throwing another INT as his last pass AGAIN. etc.

The formula isn't simple. IMO, I don't think Favre has actually made the decision. It might be weighing towards coming back, but he also hasn't started seriously working out yet. Feeling the strain on the 40 yr old body isn't easy, being someone over 40.

I hope he does, but I won't be shocked if he doesn't. I also don't think the Vikes are dead if he doesn't. Less than stellar QB's have won SB's, because the team knew they couldn't put it on his shoulders to win. TJ/Rosenfelds/Webb might just be that QB. NOBODY picked the Saints to win it all last year, so anything can happen.

gagarr
07-01-2010, 10:32 AM
kalamazooer10 wrote:

I agree.He's coming back to win a superbowl and as soon as training camp is over, he'll be back. I love him on the field, but his "I don't know what I want to do" BS has gotten old.

I'm sure to Favre the "Favre WILL be back" statements are getting old to him too. I'm glad they aren't coming from the Vikes.

I just wish all the analyst would just say, "It would be great to see Favre work his magic again. He's an exciting QB to watch."

Marrdro
07-01-2010, 11:40 AM
kalamazooer10 wrote:

My guess, he comes to camp sooner than anyone expects.

kalamazooer10
07-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Marrdro wrote:

kalamazooer10 wrote:
[quote]My guess, he comes to camp sooner than anyone expects.

I hope you're right. I'm not one that is confident with our other QB's.To me, Vikings without Farve= fighting for a wildcard.

bsmithberkley
07-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Marrdro wrote:

kalamazooer10 wrote:

My guess, he comes to camp sooner than anyone expects.

I think that has a ring of truth to it as well.

Favre has a lot of pride, and, I am sure he is sick of all the reporters claiming he is a "Prima-dona" for missing camp.

Wrangler and Sears timing for his return may play into that as well..."Back-to-school" shopping season is the second largest of the year. Their add execs have got to be salivating over the chance to push up sales with the "Favre spotlight" on their products.

Marrdro
07-01-2010, 01:02 PM
kalamazooer10 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

kalamazooer10 wrote:

I hope you're right. I'm not one that is confident with our other QB's.To me, Vikings without Farve= fighting for a wildcard.
Don't want to get into any Noodle debates anymore, however, we won the Div without him with a less talented team and even less talented QB's.

This team is far more talented (and experienced) than the first Div win.

Truth of the matter is, if the PUKERS can keep thier OL playing like they did late last year, we could be looking at a Wildcard even with the Noodle under center.

marstc09
07-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Marrdro wrote:

kalamazooer10 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

kalamazooer10 wrote:

Don't want to get into any Noodle debates anymore, however, we won the Div without him with a less talented team and even less talented QB's.

Truth of the matter is, if the PUKERS can keep thier OL playing like they did late last year, we could be looking at a Wildcard even with the Noodle under center.

Fuck the division. I am sick of winning the division. Who gives a shit if other teams won the division without Favre. Favre is the only QB that has actually done anything in the playoffs.

LOL at the wildcard statement. Favre fears no wild card. He actually wins playoff games at home.

Marrdro
07-01-2010, 01:47 PM
marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

kalamazooer10 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

kalamazooer10 wrote:

Fuck the division. I am sick of winning the division. Who gives a shit if other teams won the division without Favre. Favre is the only QB that has actually done anything in the playoffs.

LOL at the wildcard statement. Favre fears no wild card. He actually wins playoff games at home.
OK then.

gagarr
07-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

kalamazooer10 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

kalamazooer10 wrote:

OK then.

+1
Great response

Caine
07-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Marrdro wrote:

kalamazooer10 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

kalamazooer10 wrote:

Of course, when we did that, the rest of the NFCN was in shambles. Since then, GB has gotten better, Chicago has finally gotten a QB, and even Detroit has figured out how to win a couple...

I wouldn't bank on a weak Division to usher us into the top spot anymore.

However, with Favre under center, Green Bay simply doesn't have the firepower to beat us. With Favre back, I honestly think we sweep again this season. Without Favre...it could go the other way.

Caine

ejmat
07-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Caine wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

kalamazooer10 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

kalamazooer10 wrote:

Of course, when we did that, the rest of the NFCN was in shambles. Since then, GB has gotten better, Chicago has finally gotten a QB, and even Detroit has figured out how to win a couple...

I wouldn't bank on a weak Division to usher us into the top spot anymore.

Caine

+1. Regardless of who is under center the Vikings will have a tough time winning the division. The Packers are much improved and so are the Bears. The Lions have the beginning of a good team and if they can protect their QB for once they can be very competitive.

Purple Floyd
07-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Marrdro wrote:

Brett Favre Isn't Out for Blood or Revenge: He's Out for Another Ring (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/413958-brett-favre-isnt-out-for-blood-or-revenge-hes-out-for-another-ring)

Good, Hopefully every other member on the team is out for the same thing. Then maybe we will finally get one.

jmcdon00
07-01-2010, 09:54 PM
I had a great post but somehow screwed it up. Anyhow can we please stop making every thread a "with Favre" vs "without Favre" debate. Everyone agrees that he's coming back. Might as well debate the Saints chances if Brees doesn't come back.

And Mars your post doesn't make any sense.