PDA

View Full Version : fowler is out (espn news)

fourdoorchevelle
02-27-2005, 03:13 PM
espn news just stated that fowler being unable to finance a statium will likely be rejected . taylor please buy out red!!!!!!!!!!

VKG4LFE
02-27-2005, 03:14 PM
Don't be pullin' my chain now!! We want Glen, we want Glen!!

Mr Anderson
02-27-2005, 03:19 PM
when did you hear this on ESPNEWS?

ADubya26
02-27-2005, 03:20 PM
Why can't anything be easy as a Vikings fan?

VKG4LFE
02-27-2005, 03:23 PM
No kidding huh!!

fourdoorchevelle
02-27-2005, 03:23 PM
heard it like 5 minutes ago

fourdoorchevelle
02-27-2005, 03:39 PM
heard it again. espn got it from ny post

LosAngelis
02-27-2005, 03:40 PM
I checked a lot of news sources, and haven't seen this yet. Please post a link if you find one.

jackyl
02-27-2005, 03:40 PM
Taylor's not interested in 625, and i don't see the owner's approving a bid for a penny less now.

fourdoorchevelle
02-27-2005, 03:41 PM
espnnews(tv)

LosAngelis
02-27-2005, 03:44 PM
Oh, wow...I hit 2000 posts and didn't even notice.

Hurrah for me!

ADubya26
02-27-2005, 03:45 PM
"jackyl" wrote:

Taylor's not interested in 625, and i don't see the owner's approving a bid for a penny less now.

Dont you think they would have to lower the price now that Moss is gone?

VKG4LFE
02-27-2005, 03:45 PM
"jackyl" wrote:

Are you serious? Do the other owners know that there is no stadium included with this team! That is bad news! D@mn!

jackyl
02-27-2005, 03:50 PM
i don't think that the Vikes were worth 625 with Moss.... but the fact is the more a team sells for, the better it is for the other owners. raises the value and market price on their teams. If someone thought that 625 was a buying price for the vikes w/out a stadium, I don't see them approving a bid of anything considerably lower.

VKG4LFE
02-27-2005, 03:51 PM
Greedy @ss owners!

Congrats on 2Gs los!

DemonicViking
02-27-2005, 03:53 PM
What will happen next?

ADubya26
02-27-2005, 03:55 PM
Seems to me like Red set this whole Fowler thing up. Not only does he establish the 625 figure for the selling price, he is also able to shed Moss without dealing with the scrutiny. People are unsure of who to blame right now. What a b@stard.

fourdoorchevelle
02-27-2005, 04:01 PM
as long as it's soon and they're in it to win it , i don't care who it is

DemonicViking
02-27-2005, 04:02 PM
I'm glad Red is no relative of mine.. probably gives the worst christmas presents and forgets birthdays.

muchluv4smoot
02-27-2005, 04:02 PM
"fourdoorchevelle" wrote:

espn news just stated that fowler being unable to finance a statium will likely be rejected . taylor please buy out red!!!!!!!!!!

I think what it actually was, was a writer for NY post or something giving his opinion that fowler wouldn't be able to fund a new stadium. I still believe he is gonna get approved.

muchluv4smoot
02-27-2005, 04:06 PM
Like it has been said, they wouldn't have gone this far, if they didn't have a great shot at getting approved. And actually the NFL has done some looking into this deal already and all signs were said to be good. They hadn't dug real deep yet, but they did get a good feeling about the deal getting approved.

DemonicViking
02-27-2005, 04:09 PM
Here's the article from the NY Post..

February 27, 2005 -- REGGIE Fowler had better hold off on having all those new business cards printed. More than one Minnesota source has told The Post that Fowler is unlikely to be approved as the Vikings' new owner.

"I'd say there's a great chance he's going to be turned down," one organization member said. "Everyone's very skeptical that he'll be approved."

The Arizona businessman would need to be approved by three quarters of the owners at the annual league meetings March 20-23.

It seems Fowler, who would be the league's first African-American owner, will have enough loot to cover the $625-million purchase price. However, there might not be enough excess cash in the kitty to convince the league's owners that the Vikes won't fall into the same pattern they did under current owner Red McCombs, when they have perennially been several million dollars under the salary cap.

Another factor is that Fowler reportedly would need to come up with another $200 million to help fund a new stadium for the Vikes.

"The more and more his records are looked into, it seems like he's going to be stretching it really close," another Vikings source added.

Some believe Randy Moss' being dealt to Oakland only days after Fowler publicly declared he wouldn't move the superstar speaks even louder to the fact that the new gun in town just might not have enough bullets to get the deal done.

Both sources said the recent embarrassing mix-up regarding Fowler's resume would not have any impact on whether or not he's approved, although one stated, "It sure didn't make him look too good."

Those close to the situation say that Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor would be a much better fit to own the Vikings, but it's not expected Taylor would offer McCombs more than $600 million should Fowler's bid be denied. If so, Vikings fans might be "treated" to yet another season of McCombs pinching as many pennies as the league will allow.

As for Moss, he clearly wanted to go to either the Ravens or Falcons, but neither team was interested. The Vikes had hoped to make a deal with Baltimore - for either safety Ed Reed or linebacker Terrell Suggs - but the Ravens politely declined.

muchluv4smoot
02-27-2005, 04:13 PM
"DemonicViking" wrote:

Here's the article from the NY Post..

February 27, 2005 -- REGGIE Fowler had better hold off on having all those new business cards printed. More than one Minnesota source has told The Post that Fowler is unlikely to be approved as the Vikings' new owner.

"I'd say there's a great chance he's going to be turned down," one organization member said. "Everyone's very skeptical that he'll be approved."

The Arizona businessman would need to be approved by three quarters of the owners at the annual league meetings March 20-23.

It seems Fowler, who would be the league's first African-American owner, will have enough loot to cover the $625-million purchase price. However, there might not be enough excess cash in the kitty to convince the league's owners that the Vikes won't fall into the same pattern they did under current owner Red McCombs, when they have perennially been several million dollars under the salary cap.

Another factor is that Fowler reportedly would need to come up with another $200 million to help fund a new stadium for the Vikes.

"The more and more his records are looked into, it seems like he's going to be stretching it really close," another Vikings source added.

Some believe Randy Moss' being dealt to Oakland only days after Fowler publicly declared he wouldn't move the superstar speaks even louder to the fact that the new gun in town just might not have enough bullets to get the deal done.

Both sources said the recent embarrassing mix-up regarding Fowler's resume would not have any impact on whether or not he's approved, although one stated, "It sure didn't make him look too good."

Those close to the situation say that Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor would be a much better fit to own the Vikings, but it's not expected Taylor would offer McCombs more than $600 million should Fowler's bid be denied. If so, Vikings fans might be "treated" to yet another season of McCombs pinching as many pennies as the league will allow.

As for Moss, he clearly wanted to go to either the Ravens or Falcons, but neither team was interested. The Vikes had hoped to make a deal with Baltimore - for either safety Ed Reed or linebacker Terrell Suggs - but the Ravens politely declined.

Just some peoples opinions. They have as much truth as all these damn trade rumors flying around. I will believe it when I see someone from the NFL say that or another NFL owner.

RK.
02-27-2005, 05:49 PM
Look for Fowler to withdraw his offer before the owners meet. A way to save face so to speak. He can blame it on the Moss trade. As I have been saying, the only reason that Red traded Moss is because he knew the deal wasn't going to go through. Look for Red to keep the cap surplus as high as he can. Taylor will not buy the Vikes this year. We won't be signing any big name FA's. :( Think about it, have you heard a single rumor of the Vikes wanting to sign someone? No the rumors are all about other teams going after Woodson, Law, etc. We already got our veteran in the D with the Moss trade. :roll: I wouldn't be surprised if we don't sign any FA's. Well maybe a kicker but thats about it.

This just sucks. Red will dismantle this team. Red is going to go down in Vikings history as one of the darkest periods. IMO :angryfire:
The only thing that will save it is if Taylor steps up and pays Red what he wants. I don't think that will happen. Not this year.

PurplePeopleEaters
02-27-2005, 05:50 PM
:angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

ANOTHER YEAR WITH RED!!!!

NO!! GET RID OF THE WORST OWNER IN NFL HISTORY. PLEASE.

muchluv4smoot
02-27-2005, 06:08 PM
"RK" wrote:

Look for Fowler to withdraw his offer before the owners meet. A way to save face so to speak. He can blame it on the Moss trade. As I have been saying, the only reason that Red traded Moss is because he knew the deal wasn't going to go through. Look for Red to keep the cap surplus as high as he can. Taylor will not buy the Vikes this year. We won't be signing any big name FA's. :( Think about it, have you heard a single rumor of the Vikes wanting to sign someone? No the rumors are all about other teams going after Woodson, Law, etc. We already got our veteran in the D with the Moss trade. :roll: I wouldn't be surprised if we don't sign any FA's. Well maybe a kicker but thats about it.

This just sucks. Red will dismantle this team. Red is going to go down in Vikings history as one of the darkest periods. IMO :angryfire:
The only thing that will save it is if Taylor steps up and pays Red what he wants. I don't think that will happen. Not this year.

Do you realize how far below the cap we are? There is a league minimum and we will need to sign like 2 big name FA's just to get to the minimum.

PurplePharaoh
02-27-2005, 06:27 PM
VIKING SALE FOWL UP?

By KEN PALMER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EMPTY WALLET: Reggie Fowler, hoping to become first African-American owner in NFL, has the $625 million to buy Vikings, but maybe not enough to run them.
Photo: AP
Email Archives
Print Reprint

PurplePharaoh
02-27-2005, 06:28 PM
¿cAves DE LA VENTA DE VIKING PARA ARRIBA? Por KEN PALMER CARPETA VACÍA: Reggie Fowler, esperando sentir bien al primer dueño Africano-Americano en NFL, tiene los $625 millones para comprar Vikings, pero no bastante para funcionarlos quizá. Foto: Los archivos del email del AP imprimen la reimpresión de febrero el 27 de 2005 -- REGGIE Fowler tenía asimiento mejor apagado en hacer todas esas tarjetas de visita nuevas imprimir. Más de una fuente de Minnesota tiene dicho el poste que Fowler sea poco probable ser aprobado como el nuevo dueño del Vikings. "diría que hay una gran ocasión que él va a ser dado vuelta abajo," un miembro de la organización dijo. "cada uno muy escéptico que él será aprobado." El hombre de negocios del Arizona necesitaría ser aprobado por tres cuartos de los dueños en las reuniones anuales marcha 20-23 de la liga. Se parece Fowler, que sería el primer dueño Africano-Americano de la liga, tendrá bastante botín para cubrir el precio de compra de $625-million. Sin embargo, no pudo haber bastante exceso cobra adentro el kitty para convencer a los dueños de la liga que el Vikes no baje en el mismo patrón que hicieron debajo del dueño actual McCombs rojo, cuando perenne han sido vario millón de dólares debajo del casquillo del sueldo. Otro factor es que Fowler necesitaría según se informa venir para arriba con otros $200 millones ayudar a financiar un estadio nuevo para el Vikes. "más y más sus expedientes se miran en, él se parecen como él va a estirarlo realmente cercano," otra fuente de Vikings agregada. Algunos creen que los musgos de Randy que son repartidos a los días de Oakland solamente después de que Fowler lo declarara público no movería el superstar habla incluso más ruidosamente al hecho de que el arma nuevo en ciudad apenas no pudo tener bastantes balas para conseguir el reparto hecho. Ambas fuentes dijeron que el embarazosos recientes mezclan -para arriba mirar el curriculum vitae de Fowler no tendrían ningún impacto encendido si o no él es aprobado, aunque uno indicado, "seguro no hizo le mirada demasiado buena." Ésos cerca de la situación dicen que el sastre de la cañada del dueño de Timberwolves sería un propio mucho mejor cabido el Vikings, pero no se espera que el sastre ofrezca a McCombs más de $600 millones si se negara la oferta de Fowler. Si es así los ventiladores de Vikings se pudieron "tratar" a otra estación de McCombs que pellizcaba tantos peniques pues la liga permitirá. En cuanto a musgo, él deseó claramente ir al Ravens o a los halcones, pero ninguno de los dos equipos estaba interesados. El Vikes había esperado hacer un reparto con Baltimore - para la caña o el linebacker Terrell Suggs del Ed de seguridad - pero el Ravens declinó cortésmente.

TheAnimal93
02-27-2005, 06:29 PM
"jackyl" wrote:

i don't think that the Vikes were worth 625 with Moss.... but the fact is the more a team sells for, the better it is for the other owners. raises the value and market price on their teams. If someone thought that 625 was a buying price for the vikes w/out a stadium, I don't see them approving a bid of anything considerably lower.

anyone have a link to a teams worth. it would be interesting to see where exactly the vikes stack up.
jackly you prob have all that in your head. what are the packers worth compared to the vikes?

jackyl
02-27-2005, 06:33 PM
Forbes of all pro franchises

Washington Redskins NFL Daniel Snyder $1.1 billion

Dallas Cowboys NFL Jerry Jones $923 million

Houston Texans NFL Robert McNair $905 million

New England Patriots NFL Robert Kraft $861 million

Philadelphia Eagles NFL Jeffrey Lurie $833 million

Denver Broncos NFL Pat Bowlen $815 million

Cleveland Browns NFL Randy Lerner $798 million

Chicago Bears NFL McCaskey Family $785 million

Tampa Bay Buccaneers NFL Malcolm Glazer $779 million

Baltimore Ravens NFL Steve Bisciotti $776 million

Miami Dolphins NFL Wayne Huizenga $765 million

Carolina Panthers NFL Jerry Richardson $760 million

Green Bay Packers NFL Public $756 million

Detroit Lions NFL William Ford $747 million

Tennessee Titans NFL Bud Adams $736 million

New York Yankees MLB George Steinbrenner $730 million

Pittsburgh Steelers NFL Dan Rooney $717 million

Seattle Seahawks NFL Paul Allen $712 million

Kansas City Chiefs NFL Lamar Hunt $709 million

St. Louis Rams NFL Georgia Frontiere $708 million

New York Giants NFL W. Mara/P. Tisch $692 million

Jacksonville Jaguars NFL Wayne Weaver $688 million

New York Jets NFL Woody Johnson $685 million

Cincinnati Bengals NFL Mike Brown $675 million

Buffalo Bills NFL Ralph Wilson Jr. $637 million

San Francisco 49ers NFL Denise DeBartolo York $636 million

New Orleans Saints NFL Tom Benson $627 million

Oakland Raiders NFL Al Davis $624 million

San Diego Chargers NFL Alex Spanos $622 million

Indianapolis Colts NFL Jim Irsay $609 million

Minnesota Vikings NFL Red McCombs $604 million

Atlanta Falcons NFL Arthur Blank $603 million

Arizona Cardinals NFL Bill Bidwell $552 million

New York Mets MLB Fred Wilpon $482 million

Los Angeles Lakers NBA Jerry Buss $447 million

Los Angeles Dodgers MLB News Corp. $435 million

Boston Red Sox MLB John Henry $426 million

Atlanta Braves MLB AOL/Time Warner $424 million

New York Knicks NBA C. Dolan/J. Dolan $401 million

Seattle Mariners MLB Hiroshi Yamaguchi $373 million

Cleveland Indians MLB Larry Dolan $360 million

Texas Rangers MLB Tom Hicks $356 million

Chicago Bulls NBA Jerry Reinsdorf $356 million

San Francisco Giants MLB Peter Magowan $355 million

Colorado Rockies MLB Jerry McMorris $347 million

Dallas Mavericks NBA Mark Cuban $338 million

Houston Astros MLB Drayton McLane $337 million

Philadelphia 76ers NBA Comcast Corp. $328 million

Baltimore Orioles MLB Peter Angelos $319 million

Boston Celtics NBA W. Grousbeck/S. Pagliuca $290 million

Chicago Cubs MLB Tribune Co. $287 million

Detroit Pistons NBA William Davidson $284 million

San Antonio Spurs NBA Peter Holt $283 million

Phoenix Suns NBA Jerry Colangelo $283 million

Arizona Diamondbacks MLB Jerry Colangelo $280 million

Indiana Pacers NBA H. Simon/M. Simon $280 million

Houston Rockets NBA Les Alexander $278 million

Sacramento Kings NBA G. Maloof/J. Maloof $275 million

Washington Wizards NBA Abe Pollin $274 million

Portland Trail Blazers NBA Paul Allen $272 million

St. Louis Cardinals MLB B. DeWitt/F. Hanser $271 million

Detroit Red Wings NHL Michael Ilitch $266 million

New York Rangers NHL C. Dolan/J. Dolan $263 million

Detroit Tigers MLB Michael Ilitch $262 million

Philadelphia Flyers NHL Comcast Corp. $262 million

Cleveland Cavaliers NBA G. Gund/G. Gund $258 million

Dallas Stars NHL Tom Hicks $254 million

Colorado Avalanche NHL Stanley Kroenke $250 million

Toronto Raptors NBA Maple Leaf Sports & Ent. $249 million

New Jersey Nets NBA Bruce Ratner $244 million

Boston Bruins NHL Jeremy Jacobs $243 million

Pittsburgh Pirates MLB Kevin McClatchy $242 million

Toronto Maple Leafs NHL The Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan $241 million

Utah Jazz NBA Larry Miller $239 million

Milwaukee Brewers MLB Bud Selig Trust $238 million

Miami Heat NBA Micky Arison $236 million

Philadelphia Phillies MLB B. Giles/D. Montgomery $231 million

Minnesota Timberwolves NBA Glen Taylor $230 million

Memphis Grizzlies NBA Michael Heisley $227 million

Chicago White Sox MLB Jerry Reinsdorf $223 million

Chicago Blackhawks NHL Bill Wirtz $218 million

Denver Nuggets NBA Stanley Kroenke $218 million

New Orleans Hornets NBA G. Shinn/R. Wooldridge $216 million

Los Angeles Clippers NBA Donald Sterling $208 million

San Diego Padres MLB John Moores $207 million

Los Angeles Kings NHL P. Anschutz/E. Roski $205 million

Atlanta Hawks NBA Atlanta Spirit LLC $202 million

Cincinnati Reds MLB Carl Lindner $204 million

Orlando Magic NBA Rich DeVos $199 million

Seattle SuperSonics NBA Howard Schultz $196 million

Anaheim Angels MLB Walt Disney Co. $195 million

Golden State Warriors NBA Chris Cohan $188 million

Montreal Canadiens NHL George Gillett Jr. $187 million

Toronto Blue Jays MLB Rogers Communications $182 million

Milwaukee Bucks NBA Herb Kohl $174 million

New Jersey Devils NHL YankeeNets $159 million

San Jose Sharks NHL K. Compton/G. Reyes $158 million

Oakland Athletics MLB S. Schott/K. Hofman $157 million

New York Islanders NHL C. Wang/S. Kumar $156 million

Kansas City Royals MLB David Glass $152 million

Columbus Blue Jackets NHL John McConnell $150 million

St. Louis Blues NHL Bill Laurie $148 million

Tampa Bay Devil Rays MLB Vincent Naimoli $142 million

Washington Capitals NHL Ted Leonsis $140 million

Minnesota Wild NHL Robert Naegele Jr. $139 million

Florida Marlins MLB Jeffrey Loria $137 million

Pittsburgh Penguins NHL Mario Lemieux $137 million

Atlanta Thrashers NHL Atlanta Spirit LLC $134 million

Nashville Predators NHL Craig Leipold $132 million

Carolina Hurricanes NHL Peter Karmanos Jr. $128 million

Minnesota Twins MLB Carl Pohlad $127 million

Florida Panthers NHL Alan Cohen $127 million

Tampa Bay Lightning NHL William Davidson $124 million

Phoenix Coyotes NHL S. Ellman/W. Gretzky $117 million

Anaheim Mighty Ducks NHL Walt Disney Co. $111 million

Vancouver Canucks NHL John McCaw Jr. $110 million

Montreal Expos MLB Major League Baseball $108 million

Ottawa Senators NHL Eugene Melnyk $95 million

Calgary Flames NHL Limited Partnership $94 million

Buffalo Sabres NHL NHL $92 million

Edmonton Oilers NHL Edmonton Investors Group $86 million

RK.
02-27-2005, 06:35 PM
Do you realize how far below the cap we are? There is a league minimum and we will need to sign like 2 big name FA's just to get to the minimum.

Not necessarily. We have draft picks that need salaries and there are current players that would like a raise in order to remain Vikings. I think we will sign some new players but no big time players with big salary requirements. And we might wait till pre-season to see who gets cut before signing them. I think Red will keep the surplus as close to the cap requirements as possible. Its all about managing money not football. High cap surplus=mo dollars for red. Its just that simple. Randy was our highest paid player so he got traded for a vet LB and a high draft pick to placate the fan base. Result $2million savings for Red. :(

TheAnimal93
02-27-2005, 06:40 PM
wow!!!!
thanks!!

jackyl
02-27-2005, 06:43 PM
no prob BTW that means that only 2 teams are worth less....

ATL and AZ

muchluv4smoot
02-27-2005, 06:44 PM
"RK" wrote:

Not necessarily. We have draft picks that need salaries and there are current players that would like a raise in order to remain Vikings. I think we will sign some new players but no big time players with big salary requirements. And we might wait till pre-season to see who gets cut before signing them. I think Red will keep the surplus as close to the cap requirements as possible. Its all about managing money not football. High cap surplus=mo dollars for red. Its just that simple. Randy was our highest paid player so he got traded for a vet LB and a high draft pick to placate the fan base. Result $2million savings for Red. :(

Actually the draft picks don't go onto that cap #. I believe there is a seperate rookie cap set after the draft. I believe each team gets assigned a certain rookie cap, corresponding to how high their picks were.

Like last year, we had to sign winfield to that huge contract and even had to front load it, to get to the minimum, now we are way more under the cap then we were last year, so we will get a couple big name guys.

ultravikingfan
02-27-2005, 06:50 PM
Just got in. Looks like this is all according to sources. So, I will wait unitl it is for sure.

I have a feeling we are stuck with Red. :(

TheAnimal93
02-27-2005, 06:56 PM
one thing, you really cant blame red for wanting what he wants. its not that much over the value of what the team is worth.
hell whats a couple of million to multi billionaires?
if you can afford 550million why not 75 more?
IF I really wanted to own the vikings(glen taylor)whats the big deal, he knows that HE has the best chance to get a new stadium.
and with a new stadium deal would not the vikings be up close to a billion by 2011? or close to it? depending on the economy of course.

fourdoorchevelle
02-27-2005, 07:18 PM
why is every one besides fowler being penny pinching b@stard. taylor is bickering to save millions . red , i don't even need to say how much of a tight wad he is, and both are much more well financed than fowler. the only thing about fowler is he probably the only one of the 3 that would jump on the key deals but the only one that is probably the least able to survive doing so . 2 or 3 bad decisions and we'll be asking for his head?

RK.
02-27-2005, 07:20 PM
I wonder how much the Hockey teams on Jackyl's list will be worth after this non season?

ultravikingfan
02-27-2005, 07:24 PM

why is every one besides fowler being penny pinching b@stard. taylor is bickering to save millions . red , i don't even need to say how much of a tight wad he is, and both are much more well financed than fowler. the only thing about fowler is he probably the only one of the 3 that would jump on the key deals but the only one that is probably the least able to survive doing so . 2 or 3 bad decisions and we'll be asking for his head?

Maybe Taylor is a smart businessman and knows when to hold, and when to fold. He did not amass his billions making bad decsions.

fourdoorchevelle
02-27-2005, 07:29 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Maybe Taylor is a smart businessman and knows when to hold, and when to fold. He did not amass his billions making bad decsions.
just frustrated at the business of football wanting to watch football with meaning into january

NeoVikesTX
02-27-2005, 08:08 PM
To be honest, I was hoping that the Folwer deal would fall through. I just think he does not have the money to support the team and get a new stadium. I think we're going to be stuck with Red for another season at least, but hopefully Taylor will come in and raise his price soon.

snowinapril
02-27-2005, 08:17 PM
"RK" wrote:

I say we all chip in and rent a billboard right next to one of his car dealerships in San Antonio that says.

Sell Jaacckarss!
signed Viking Fans

ultravikingfan
02-27-2005, 08:53 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

I say we all chip in and rent a billboard right next to one of his car dealerships in San Antonio that says.

Sell Jaacckarss!
signed Viking Fans

Or, we could all pitch in and fly Cajun down there to stand on the sidewalk and rany about Red! :lol:

LosAngelis
02-27-2005, 08:54 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Maybe Taylor is a smart businessman and knows when to hold, and when to fold.

Know when to walk away, know when to run...you never count your money, when you're sittin' at the table...

Darn it, ultra...that songs in my head now. :?

ultravikingfan
02-27-2005, 08:54 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Maybe Taylor is a smart businessman and knows when to hold, and when to fold.

Know when to walk away, know when to run...you never count your money, when you're sittin' at the table...

Darn it, ultra...that songs in my head now. :?

Well, the guy is not stupid. (Glen or Kenny)

PurplePharaoh
02-27-2005, 10:02 PM
I NEW THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN.....WHEN RED TRADED MOSS I KNEW FOLWER WAS OUT OF THE PICTURE TO BUY THE TEAM...CAUSE NO WAY WOULD BE ALLOW MOSS TO BE TRADED. :rr: AND SINCE HE DIDNT MAKE A FUSS IN THE PAPERS ABOUT THE TRADE THAT MEANT EITHER HE APPROVED THE TRADE OR HE WOULDNT BE ABLE TO BUY THE TEAM THUS HE WAS A NON FACTOR ON THE TRADE.

cajunvike
02-27-2005, 10:07 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

Sell Jaacckarss!
signed Viking Fans

Or, we could all pitch in and fly Cajun down there to stand on the sidewalk and rany about Red! :lol:

Please email the e-tickets to: cajunvike@yahoo.com...I will gladly go down to San Antone and rip Red a new one!!!

ultravikingfan
02-27-2005, 11:01 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

Sell Jaacckarss!
signed Viking Fans

Please email the e-tickets to: cajunvike@yahoo.com...I will gladly go down to San Antone and rip Red a new one!!!

I knew you would be game! Cajun, Fan for hire! :lol:

cajunvike
02-27-2005, 11:17 PM
I've got my bags packed...for my Whistler snowboarding trip, that is...leaving on Friday for 10 days!!!

SKOL
02-27-2005, 11:22 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

Sell Jaacckarss!
signed Viking Fans

How about a billboard like this Snow...,
Right next to one of his dealerships...,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/SKOL/randy.jpg
THIS ONE'S FOR YOU RED !!

I'm in for a couple'a hundred bucks... anyone else?

ultravikingfan
02-27-2005, 11:39 PM
I'll collect the money! :lol:

Caine
02-28-2005, 12:17 AM
Cajun,

I feel I should accompany you to make sure you don't get out of hand. Everyone knows that I am a far more even-keeled individual and have a deep and abiding respect for Mr....um....well, I can't say his name, but we know him as "That guy who's friggin' screwing the Vikes over big time".

I would be along to act as your conscience - so to speak - and make sure that you didn't get into trouble through overzealous actions.

or....

I'm ITCHING for a chance to tear the goat-f*cker limb from limb and want a witness so that I get the credit for doing it.

Caine

RK.
02-28-2005, 04:43 PM
"muchluv4moss" wrote:

"RK" wrote:

Actually the draft picks don't go onto that cap #. I believe there is a seperate rookie cap set after the draft. I believe each team gets assigned a certain rookie cap, corresponding to how high their picks were.

Like last year, we had to sign winfield to that huge contract and even had to front load it, to get to the minimum, now we are way more under the cap then we were last year, so we will get a couple big name guys.

I had to look this up. As I understand it the "rookie cap" has to do with how much a rookies salary can be accelerated in future years. Limited to 25%. However their salary is included in the overall spending cap. Its confusing but that is what I got out of reading the following.

Q - What determines each team's salary cap? Is it always in effect?
A - The salary cap is the maximum each club may spend on player salaries in a capped year. For 2005, that amounts to 65.5 percent of leaguewide "Defined Gross Revenues" (divided by 32 teams), made up of preseason, regular-season and postseason gate receipts and radio and television rights. The cap is in effect 365 days a year. From March 2 to the day before the season begins, a club's top 51 salaried players count towards the cap, plus pro-rated signing bonuses, incentives, etc., but not base salaries of other players on the roster up to 80. Thereafter, all salaries on a club's roster count towards the cap. The maximum salary cap for 2005 is $85,500,000 per club. The performance-based pay pool is an additional $2,481,000 per team. Player benefits are $13,359,000 per club above the salary cap number.

June 1 Rule
Players released before June 1 any prorated amounts accelerate into current League Year Players released after June 1 any prorated amounts accelerate into next League Year Trades always accelerate in current League Year Rookie Pool/Rookie 25 Percent Rule Rookie Cap within the Salary Cap Includes only players who have never signed an NFL Contract.

Each club is allocated a different amount based on the number, round and position in the clubâs selection in the College Draft Twenty-Five Percent Rule, no contract signed by a Rookie may provide for an annual increase in Salary more than 25 percent of the contract, first League Year Salary, unless such Player contract provides for salary equal to the then-applicable Minimum Salary for each League Year of the contract.

cajunvike
02-28-2005, 05:05 PM
"Caine" wrote:

Cajun,

I feel I should accompany you to make sure you don't get out of hand. Everyone knows that I am a far more even-keeled individual and have a deep and abiding respect for Mr....um....well, I can't say his name, but we know him as "That guy who's friggin' screwing the Vikes over big time".

I would be along to act as your conscience - so to speak - and make sure that you didn't get into trouble through overzealous actions.

or....

I'm ITCHING for a chance to tear the goat-f*cker limb from limb and want a witness so that I get the credit for doing it.

Caine

ROAD TRIP!!!

cajunvike
02-28-2005, 07:06 PM
I don't get back from my trip to Canuck country until the 14th, but after that, I will be ready for that road trip to make Red's life a living H-E-L-L!!!

zakvikes2k
02-28-2005, 08:49 PM
The Vikings are definitely worth 625 to start with. They will get a stadium. If the Cardinals can get a stadium, the Vikings can. No way of getting around that. And just like the Moss deal, the Fowler deal will go through too. Not many deals that are announced fall through, so Fowler will be the next owner of the Vikings.

ultravikingfan
02-28-2005, 09:54 PM
"zakvikes2k" wrote:

The Vikings are definitely worth 625 to start with. They will get a stadium. If the Cardinals can get a stadium, the Vikings can. No way of getting around that. And just like the Moss deal, the Fowler deal will go through too. Not many deals that are announced fall through, so Fowler will be the next owner of the Vikings.

Yes, but the question is who is paying for the stadium?

jackyl
02-28-2005, 10:07 PM
"zakvikes2k" wrote:

The Vikes weren't even valued at 625. Arizona didn't have to build 3 stadiums to replace 1. That's one of the reasons that the state doesn't want to fund here. Completely different situation than the Cards getting a new stadium.

V4L
02-28-2005, 10:30 PM
there isnt a whole lot of room too i heard?

zakvikes2k
03-01-2005, 01:54 AM
So good-bye you ol' dirty bas-tard McCombs. Good riddens!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=knight-fowlersbidtogetbigboost&prov=knight&type=lgns

snowinapril
03-01-2005, 02:40 AM
"zakvikes2k" wrote:

It is a huge difference if you can get the state to pay for it or if the owner has to pay for it. No owner wants to have to finance the deal themselves. Stadiums are like a used car. They grow old and nobody wants them anymore. Have to replace them. OK they are not like cars they are like humans, they grow old and nobody wants them anymore. Just kidding.

But no owner wants to put the money in themselves. Without the stadium, Red should sell a little cheaper. If it was a steal for that price there would be more people in line to buy the team.

cajunvike
03-04-2005, 01:57 AM
What about this guy's take?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=grant/050302

snowinapril
03-04-2005, 02:45 AM
Tough Read, 3 whole pages WOW!! Good find Cajun!

Overseeing business interests that have been sued 36 times is no small thing, so I can understand the good folks in Minnesota being nervous about Fowler's rep.

But Fowler already has said that, should he succeed in his bid to buy the Vikings, the team's fans will be his top priority. At a recent news conference, he told the media: "I'm excited to be here in the Twin Cities, the state of Minnesota, to let you know that we are here to, No. 1, acquire your team and hopefully put the team back into the hands of the state of Minnesota and let you know that we're committed to being here."

What's that? You have doubts that Reggie Fowler will make good on his word?

I can't say that I blame you.

Those words do sound good, though.

He also said he wouldn't trade Moss. Not a good start IMO.

It seemed pro black owner and then with this quote, it took a turn.