PDA

View Full Version : VIkings 2010 regular season record?

Traveling_Vike
06-18-2010, 02:16 PM
So... we've been arguing enough about all sort of stuff, but nobody has yet posted how they think we'll do this year.

I'll let you break it down to with or without Favre, if you like.

Here's the schedule:

9/9 @ New Orleans (Thurs night NBC)
9/19 Miami
9/26 Detroit
bye
10/11 @ New York Jets (Mon night ESPN)
10/17 Dallas
10/24 @ Green Bay (Sun night NBC)
10/31 @ New England
11/7 Arizona
11/14 @ Chicago
11/21 Green Bay
11/28 @ Washington
12/5 Buffalo
12/12 New York Giants
12/20 Chicago (Mon night ESPN)
12/26 @ Philadelphia
1/2/11 @ Detroit

Now I'd say October looks pretty brutal. Three away games vs. good teams, and home against the Cowboys. Overall, the first half of the season looks considerably tougher than the second.

Even so, I think our VIkings are really that good, so I'm going to say 12-4 with Favre, 10-6 without. (I don't think the dropoff will be as severe as some think, because the rest of the team is good enough to make up for a lot of it.)

Probable losses: @ Jets, @ Green Bay, and one of either @ Washington or @ Philly. Without Favre, maybe lose both of these, and @ New Orleans. I think we manage to win the rest either way, but there's always one surprise in there that they ought to win but don't, for whatever reason, so I'm taking one off for that. Also note that three of our four nationally televised games are on the road. Thanks to the schedulers for that, huh?

Your take?

marstc09
06-20-2010, 02:40 PM
TJ: 8-8

Favre: 13-3

Seriously.

vikingivan
06-21-2010, 08:18 AM
with Favre 13-3.

With TJack 6-10.

i_bleed_purple
06-21-2010, 08:22 AM
1. W
2. W
3. W
bye
4. W
5. L
6. W
7. L
8. W
9. L
10. W
11. W
12. W
13. W
14. W
15. W
16. W

13-3

With Favre of course.

vikingivan
06-21-2010, 08:32 AM
i_bleed_purple wrote:

1. W
2. W
3. W
bye
4. W
5. L
6. W
7. L
8. W
9. L
10. W
11. W
12. W
13. W
14. W
15. W
16. W

13-3

With Favre of course.
I know the Boy's will be pissed because the Viking's throttled them in the playoffs last season, but I don't see the Purple losing at the dome to Dallas.

kalamazooer10
06-21-2010, 12:10 PM
With Frave, it looks like 12-4 to me, with losses coming at New Orleans, Jets,GB and at home to Dallas.
Without Farve, no playoffs, no hope.

i_bleed_purple
06-21-2010, 12:17 PM
blair59 wrote:

i_bleed_purple wrote:

1. W
2. W
3. W
bye
4. W
5. L
6. W
7. L
8. W
9. L
10. W
11. W
12. W
13. W
14. W
15. W
16. W

13-3

With Favre of course.
I know the Boy's will be pissed because the Viking's throttled them in the playoffs last season, but I don't see the Purple losing at the dome to Dallas.

I'd never rule it out. Boys are good, and any given sunday...

gregair13
06-21-2010, 03:03 PM
19-0. We will be perfect.

Traveling_Vike
06-21-2010, 03:45 PM
gregair13 wrote:

Now that's the kind of attitude I like to see!

But seriously, the guys who figure a five or even seven game dropoff without Favre? I said two. I could believe three or four, but beyond that, that's just pure hate right there.

You really think so little of the rest of the team that you don't believe they could overcome some of the dropoff? We were 10-6 before Brett even got here.

6-10. Seriously? I want some of your drugs, dude.

On second thought, maybe not. I have enough problems with depression as it is.

i_bleed_purple
06-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Traveling_Vike wrote:

gregair13 wrote:

Now that's the kind of attitude I like to see!

But seriously, the guys who figure a five or even seven game dropoff without Favre? I said two. I could believe three or four, but beyond that, that's just pure hate right there.

You really think so little of the rest of the team that you don't believe they could overcome some of the dropoff? We were 10-6 before Brett even got here.

On second thought, maybe not. I have enough problems with depression as it is.

6-10 is a bit much, but not really out of the question. Think about it. We went 8-8 with TJ as starter.

Green Bay went 6-10
Chicago wen 9-7
Detroit went 0-16.

NFCN was one of the worst divisions in football that year.

Obviously we've improved as a team, but so have other teams.
Green Bay looks like one of the best teams now in the league, Chicago is better, but not great, and Detroit is improved. I fully expect us to drop 1, maybe two games in the division this year.

Then we have a brutal stretch of games, drop anywhere from 1 to three I'd say.

next, there's the classic losing a game we should easily win, we're looking at up to 6 losses already.

Now, that's with Favre. With TJ, if he hasn't make leaps and bounds, We won't play as well as we did with Favre.

We ahve what looks like a very tough schedule. A few games will come down to the wire, and an inexperienced QB doesn't give us as good a chance as an experienced one.

I think anywhere from 7-9 to 10-6 with TJ is attainable, I'm not expecting better or worse.

marshallvike
06-21-2010, 04:48 PM
With Farve
10-6

With TJ
10-6/ 9-7

NodakPaul
06-21-2010, 04:57 PM
12-4 with or without Favre.

However our post season record will be 0-1 without and 3-0 with...

Mr Anderson
06-21-2010, 05:24 PM
2-14

jargomcfargo
06-21-2010, 05:29 PM
NodakPaul wrote:

12-4 with or without Favre.

However our post season record will be 0-1 without and 3-0 with...

What he said.

midgensa
06-21-2010, 08:01 PM
13-3 with Favre (I think we will be very business-like after last season's so close feeling). 3-0 postseason.

9-7 without Favre (but the Old Man is coming back). 0-1 postseason.

Rockmolder
06-21-2010, 08:47 PM
@NO - Win
MIA - Win
DET - Win
---
@NYJ - Loss
DAL - Win
@GB - Win
@NE - Loss
ARI - Win
@CHI - Win
GB - Win
@WAS - Win
BUF - Win
NYG - Win
CHI - Win
@PHI - Loss
@DET - Win

And that's with Favre, who will undoubtedly be back.

TrojanVike28
06-21-2010, 09:20 PM
With Favre-13-3, without Favre-6-11... T-Jack will find a way to lose to the bye week team.

so-cal vike
06-21-2010, 09:46 PM
Rockmolder wrote:

@NO - Win
MIA - Win
DET - Win
---
@NYJ - Loss
DAL - Win
@GB - Win
@NE - Loss
ARI - Win
@CHI - Win
GB - Win
@WAS - Win
BUF - Win
NYG - Win
CHI - Win
@PHI - Loss
@DET - Win

Wow!

If the Vikings win every game, I think they'll go 16-0. B)

jmcdon00
06-22-2010, 01:53 AM
With Peterson 14-2. Without Peterson 10-6.

Marrdro
06-22-2010, 09:41 AM
A few thoughts before I give you my picks.....

a. Our OL will be better. So much better that I believe our offense will really click and it won't matter who is under center. Mix in another years experience for El Syd and PH, along with TG's production in the red zone and I think we will be tough to beat each and every week, again, regardless of who will be under center.

b. Our DL is gonna continue to degrade in play. Teams that can bring a balanced attack, especially in the ground game, will hurt us real bad as we won't be able to dominate against the run and will have to use our LB'rs to help more and more which will then open us up to the shorter stuff as the LB'rs won't be in those zones.

c. Hopefully the improvement in the OL play will equate to longer sustained drives which will help out our DL and we won't see them wear down at the end of the year.

@NO - Win - We saw what they had. Not sure what Sharps status will be, however, I bet he doesn't reproduce his year last year. Regardless, they lived off of the "Big" play last year. Tough to reproduce that.

MIA - Win - I will say a win here, however, this isn't gonna be the cake walk most think. Henne started to show some signs last year. They finally jettisoned and now have one of the best WR's in the league as a target for the young QB. Mix in a great ground game and I think we will see a good game.

DET - Win
---
@NYJ - Loss - This one will be tough one and what I will use as a bench mark for how well we will do in the playoffs. The best defense in the league got better. Thier offense should be a bit better as Shanchize is asked to be a bit more productive in the passing game. I think they get ahead early and the Noodle has a game that will have alot of you guys joining me on my "Get rid of his INT ass" bandwagon.

DAL - Win - I'm only gonna go win here cause I believe after the Noodle has his first meltdown, the staff will real him back in and we wil get the ground game going. Without solid S play, thier defense will be susceptable to AD and a few Play Action fakes mixed in to PH. Nothing big, just long sustained drives. This will be frustrating for the Boys at home and Romo will make some mistakes.

@GB - Loss - Depends on what happens to the PUKERS in preseason. If one of thier aging T's get knicked, thier OL woes could continue. If not, they have to much for us and get us. Never one to bank on injuries, I give us a loss. Again, the Noodle does a Noodle thing and costs us the game as he tries to match Rodgers in the air. TT will be vindicated by most PUKER fans for his decision to move on from the Noodle.

@NE - Win - To much discord and hate going on in Pat land by this time. Easy win.

ARI - Win - Boldens absence will be felt all year long. Most will point to the QB, but not me. Fitz is good, but not good enough to carry a QB by himself.

@CHI - Win - I'm torn here. A cold game should favor us because of our better ground game. They really don't have any WR's to throw to so they should be pretty one dimensional as well. If we can keep drives sustained with more runs mixed in with a few short dinks/dunks, we should have a easy time even though most will find it a boring game.

GB - Win - I don't think we will ever get swept by the PUKERS again. Not the way this team is built.

@WAS - Win - I don't care how many RB's they brought in this year. None of them have anything left in the tank. Mix in a new regime, new defensive scheme, new offensive scheme. Its gonna take the master a few years to get the Deadskins rolling.

BUF - Win - Nothing to say. New regime, even worse players than the Deadskins.

NYG - Loss - They seem to have our number up there. Mix in the wind and cold, and you will see a repeat of the Noodle in the 07 NFCC game.

CHI - Win - Its a home game. Fans help us win this one.

@PHI - Loss - I think the IGGLES are the team to beat this year, even with a young QB. Maybe thier defense can be had though as I think we will see them struggle on that side of the ball a bit.

@DET - Win - On the road, in a dome, the Noodle won't be cold.

12-4 with the Noodle. 12-4 withouth.

Purple Floyd
06-22-2010, 07:02 PM
10-6 with Brett. 6-10 without

whackthepack
06-23-2010, 08:31 AM
Rockmolder wrote:

@NO - Win
MIA - Win
DET - Win
---
@NYJ - Loss
DAL - Win
@GB - Win
@NE - Loss
ARI - Win
@CHI - Win
GB - Win
@WAS - Win
BUF - Win
NYG - Win
CHI - Win
@PHI - Loss
@DET - Win

A Packer fan has us 13 - 3 and beating the Pack twice! WOW!

Don't tell your GB friends Rockmolder or you will be ostracized.

I myself think we finish 13 - 3 but we split with the Pack.

We will have home filed advantage this year.

We will play the Ravens in the Superbowl in Dallas and we finally get the WIN!

Our 50th year and our 1st Superbowl win!

Traveling_Vike
08-20-2010, 03:38 PM
BUMP!

Please be sure to check out the initial post which gives the schedule.

V-Unit
08-20-2010, 04:09 PM
Traveling_Vike wrote:

BUMP!

Please be sure to check out the initial post which gives the schedule.

15-5

-V-

BloodyHorns82
08-20-2010, 04:17 PM
I'm going to go 10-6. Schedule is brutal. We'll make our noise in the playoffs...hopefully beating GB out of the tie breaker that is.

gregair13
08-21-2010, 04:37 AM
16-0
Name one team that can beat us now that we have Favre back agian.

ndnorseman
08-21-2010, 06:33 AM
Marrdro wrote:

NYG - Loss - They seem to have our number up there. Mix in the wind and cold, and you will see a repeat of the Noodle in the 07 NFCC game.

Sorry to correct you Marr...but the Giants game will be played in Minnesota. It's in the middle of a 3-game home stretch, and seeing as how WE seem to have THEIR number in the Dome, it looks like your prediction gets bumped to 13-3.

It's all good, and everybody wins...except the Giants. LOL

ndnorseman
08-21-2010, 06:41 AM
so-cal vike wrote:

Wow!

If the Vikings win every game, I think they'll go 16-0. B)

Are you okay so-cal? Do we need to call up an exorcist to rid you of John Madden's spirit? Is the Turducken done?

MaxVike
08-21-2010, 10:01 AM
10-6 or 11-5. Not sure how Favre can match last year's numbers. Pretty sure the OLine needs to step up, as does the running game.

There are three very good QBs on our Divisional opponents, and, each of them improved. However, I feel the Vikes improved too. Yes, I'm concerned about the loss of Chester...I'm more concerned about Rice's health and Percy's battles with migraines. Cook was a great pick and will make an immediate impact, Lito was a good add, and the OLine has another year of experience.

This is a team that returns all starters from a 12-4, Division Championship, and NFC Championship game campaign. No doubt, another fun year.

i_bleed_purple
08-21-2010, 10:43 AM
gregair13 wrote:

16-0
Name one team that can beat us now that we have Favre back agian.

the Minnesota Vikings

birdman
08-21-2010, 10:51 AM
Sorry, guys. Favre's streak ends this year. Everyone will ape the Saints, Vikes will miss Chester Taylor and Harvin (I think the migraines will bug him all year long) and I see the Vikes going 9-7 and just missing the playoffs.

Packers sweep them, and losses to Dolphins, Eagles, Bears, Giants and Cowboys. At least they still sweep the Lions.

The surprise will be that TJack won't be as bad as people fear when he takes over for Favre.

VikesFan787
08-21-2010, 11:39 AM
birdman wrote:

Sorry, guys. Favre's streak ends this year. Everyone will ape the Saints, Vikes will miss Chester Taylor and Harvin (I think the migraines will bug him all year long) and I see the Vikes going 9-7 and just missing the playoffs.

Packers sweep them, and losses to Dolphins, Eagles, Bears, Giants and Cowboys. At least they still sweep the Lions.

The surprise will be that TJack won't be as bad as people fear when he takes over for Favre.

No

NeoVikesTX
08-21-2010, 12:17 PM
birdman wrote:

Um, yeah cause no team the previous 17 games tried to rush, hit, sack Favre. And Harvin didn't have any migraines last season either.

I could see a split with the Pack, but we handled the Giants and Cowgirls pretty easily last season. And I don't see the Dolphins or Eagles being very strong this season.

And I don't know if it's just me, but why have the Packers become so dominate from last season? Who have they added besides in the draft? Just by gaining experience? Every team has gained a year of experience.

Purple_Jesus
08-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Here's my 2 cents.

@ New Orleans - This will be the toughest game of the year. Saints are coming back from an emotional season, Vikings are coming back from an emotional season. Saints have a Superbowl win now, I don't think they'll be fighting as hard this year as they were last year. Never-the-less, they will still be an extremely tough opponent, especially because of the way they play defense. Winning this game sets the tone for the rest of the season for us.. If the Vikings win, we are automatically the top dog in the NFL and the Saints are the team that snuck by and got lucky last year. If the Saints win, they are still the team to beat and the Vikings will continue to be that #2 team. 28-31 Vikings.

Vs. Miami - This will be a much easier game for us, due to our incredible run defense and Miami LOVING the run game. I expect us to put on a clinic here, the stadium will be so loud (especially with a week 1 win) they won't be able to get the Wildcat plays off correctly. Their defense will be garbage now with Jason Taylor moving to New York. We will just be able to run at will, and they won't be able to stop us in any aspect of the game. The one fear I have is Winfield vs Brandon Marshall, but that is easily dispelled when you look at their QB. Henne is still not prepared for our unstoppable pass rush. 10-35 Vikings.

Vs. Detroit - First divisonal game of the season. Stadium will be LOUD. Matt Stafford has a year under his belt, but will still find problems with cracking our defense. I think Greenway will have another field day here, and the Williams Wall will make Jahvid Best want to go back to college. I could see Kevin Smith busting a few decent runs, but nothing too significant. With a much improved defense this year though, it will be harder for us to move. Suh has looked very impressive so far, so expect AP to get slowed down. Never-the-less, Detroit still isn't at the level yet to beat the Vikings. 7-28 Vikings.

Bye - This bye being this early in the season is going to hurt us tremendously. Our schedule gets nothing but harder as we go along.

@ New York Jets - Battle of the defenses. #1 and #2 best defenses in the NFL collide. This will be one of the best games of the year. If NY can get the contract of Mr. Revis worked out, we could be in for a world of problems. Expect Rice to be completely shut down here, but Shiancoe and Harvin to catch a lot of short passes for quick first downs. Favre will pretty much be taken out of the picture with their linebacker crew and pass defense. AP will be struggling to find any holes to bust through. On the other token however, they have NO passing game. Mark Sanchez is EXTREMELY overrated, and their receivers are too. Braylon Edwards vs Winfield is a favorable matchup in our favor, and I think Lito Sheppard is going to let the Jets know why they should have kept him. Their running game is going to get absolutely demolished by Shock and AWWE, and with the return of Henderson it will be even more demoralizing. The only real key they have on their offense is a good line and LT (though at this point in his life he hasn't done squat, you still shouldn't count him out). Very low scoring game, I expect this to be the Vikes first loss of the season. 10-7 Jets.

Vs. Dallas - REMATCH TIME. Dallas is pissed because of the spanking they suffered last year which knocked them out of the playoffs. We're the bad guys in this matchup. Their offense will be on fire throughout the game, and we will have a hard time stopping every one of their weapons. With the best TE in football, and our mediocre to bad defense on opposing TE's, expect him to go hog wild all day long. Their defense is also a huge factor in this game, though I still think they have a weak pass D. Expect Rice and Harvin to put some numbers up. Remember Dallas is a lot better in the regular season than they are in the post season, so don't write them off because we killed them last year. This will be a close game, but I don't us being able to stop Witten/Austin/Williams/Jones. 28-24 Cowboys.

@ Green Bay - Here we go. Green Bay got beaten twice last year by us, and would have been an easy shoo-in for the NFC championship. However, they fixed their biggest problem which is their offensive line. Their defense is aging though, and they don't have the pass D they once had. Expect their offense to put up godly numbers, making Winfield and Griffin (if he's back by this point) look like they should be in pop warner. I think we will be using a lot of nickle and dime packages here to slow them down, and we have a lot better depth at CB this year than we did last year. This should work a little more in our favor, but I still don't think we will be able to slow them down enough to stop them. Ryan Grant has been injury ridden, and they have no depth at ALL in the running game. This will be a complete shoot out, as Favre tries to match every touchdown they get with one of his own. I hate to say it, but I think this is our second loss of the season. 28-35 Packers.

@ New England - Another shootout here, but the Patriots aren't as strong as they were a few years ago. Their defense is almost non-existant, especially in the passing game. Expect AP and Gerhart to catch a lot of passes in the backfield and rip them up for huge yardage. I don't think they have the strength to stop Rice and Harvin either, and with the way their pass rush has been lately Favre should have all day to find someone open. On the flip side, we're playing against #84. I think we will be putting double coverage on him, but still won't be able to stop him. The good news however, is that their offense has been ridiculed by injuries. Welker isn't going to be as effective as he once was, and Brady has turned into somewhat of a joke. He can still throw, but he isn't as mobile as he was before, and this should be dinner time for Jared Allen and Ray Ray. I'm going with 42-28 Vikings.

Vs. Arizona - Finally a break. This should be a little more of a week off than what we're used to at this point, but it will still be a competition. Their defense will get shut down, with no ability to pass anymore. Leinart's indecision to throw the football will cost him dearly with our pass rush constantly in his face. The only thing they got going for them this year is their running game, which will hopefully be offset by our D. They still have Fitzgerald, but with no QB to throw to him I'm not too concerned. Their defense is still good, however they lost Rolle. I see them holding us to lower numbers, but us holding them to even lower numbers. This should be an easy win for the Vikes. 20-3 Vikings.

@ Chicago - This was the one division game we lost last year. We don't want to do it again. This will be in November, so it will be colder with some pretty crappy field conditions most likely. I think we learned our lesson from last year though, and we won't let them slip by us again. They have a better defense, adding J-PEP to their pass rush, but I think that can be offset by putting Kleinsasser with McKinney to slow him down. Their pass D won't be able to contain Rice/Harvin/Shank/BB long enough for them to get to Favre, so I don't think we'll have a hard time putting up numbers. They did increase their offense too, though, not by a whole lot. They still have no passing offense, but they added our very own Chester Taylor. With respect to him, I don't think he's good to start. He got winded pretty quickly with us when we had him out there, so I'm forced to assume he won't be much of a factor. 14-20 Vikings.

Vs. Green Bay - Here's round 2, however this time we're at the dome. This could be the last GB game played in the Metrodome, so I think it will be the loudest it's ever been. It will be another shootout, same as the last game, but with the noise factor in our favor this time I think we come out with the win. We split the series with the Pukers, 31-35 Vikings.

@ Washington - They have gotten a lot better this year. They have an offense now. However, they don't really have a receiver corps. I expect our defense to give their runningback trio fits. McNabb will scramble a lot and keep us moving all over the place trying to slow them down. On the flip side, they have one of the best pass D's in football. Favre will be pretty inefficient here. We will need to rely on AP and Gerhart to get it done for us, and keep their offense on the sidelines. Due to the fact that it's in Washington, and it's going to be at the end of November, it will probably be cold. I'm seeing the Vikes squeak by here. 18-21 Vikings.

Vs. Buffalo - FINALLY ANOTHER REST. Buffalo is going to be a complete joke this year. No QB, no runningbacks, no receivers, no OL, nothing. This will probably be the worst team in the league this year. Their defense is even worse. The only thing they have going for them is they have nothing to lose at this point in the season. I don't think they will be a threat at all, and we will be pulling our starters out early in the 2nd half to give them time to relax before the final stretch of the season. We will win this one. The only points they will put up will be against our backups. 42-10 Vikings.

Vs. New York Giants - Well, as much as I would like to say this will be a good game, this will probably be another blowout. The Giants have done nothing since they lost Strahan, and they will continue to do nothing until they fix that defense. Their offense is pretty decent, so I think they will put up points late in the game, but it won't be enough. Their defense will be in shambles, due to all of the weapons we have to spread the ball around the field. We will probably be able to rest our starters again in the 3rd or 4th quarter. 35-14 Vikings.

Vs. Chicago - We've been at home for 3 straight weeks for the first time this year. That will definitely work into our favor, especially due to the last couple games being incredibly easy. Another division game here, they will be coming out in full force. However, with the noise level at the dome, I don't forsee them being able to get much going. As much as I would like to say we could rest our starters again, I think it will come down to the last few minutes. 28-21 Vikings.

@ Philadelphia - They still have a good defense, so don't write them off just yet. Their hard hitting defense will be trying to get everyone off the field, trying to level the playing field. Expect a lot of penalties and injuries in this game. The noise level will not be much of a factor here for us, due to the fact that their offense pretty much sucks. They had a mediocre offense before with McNabb, but now that they have some guy nobody has ever heard of throwing, it's gone to worse. They won't put ANY points up on the board, and we'll be putting on a clinic here. 21-0 Vikings.

@ Detroit - Ahhhh. What a way to end the season. Only problem is, it's in Detroit. You can bet the fans won't be liking seeing us with a clinched division championship, so they won't make it easy on us. However, as with earlier in the season, they simply don't have the power to slow us down. I do think they will put some numbers up, but not nearly enough. I wouldn't be surprised if we put TJack in to give Favre some time to relax before the playoffs. I see us running away with this one. 28-7 Vikings.

I tried to do this whole thing with as little homerism as possible, and looking at the schedule it really looks like the hardest part is at the beginning. If we can survive the first half of the season, we should be able to dominate through the 2nd half. I'm going with 13-3 here, clinched NFC North Championship, playing the Cowboys in the playoffs for a rematch.

bbqplatypus318
08-23-2010, 02:15 AM
Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/yoda.jpg

Considering that we're returning pretty much every starter from a highly successful campaign, yet also considering the number of question marks and health concerns we're facing, it could be as high as 13-3 or as low as 6-10.

McKinnie and Sully as starters kind of scare me at this point, as does Peterson as a pass blocker and third down back. Some may scoff at the idea of keeping an RB as old as he is, but I still think getting rid of Chester was a mistake. Speaking of Peterson, I'd bet good money that he runs for less than 1200 yards this season.

Another question - will Favre be as hungry this year as he was last year? He doesn't have anything to prove now. He essentially had to be dragged to camp. Can we count on him to provide the grit and character (in addition to the tangible quarterbacking qualities) that he did last year?

I suspect we'll win about ten games. We'll split the season series with the Packers, who will win the division but lose their first playoff game. The other wild card will be either the Bears or the Niners. And once the playoffs start, who knows? I think whoever wins the NFC is going to face off against the Jets for the Super Bowl.

For a few years now, I've had a gut feeling that the continued existence of professional football in Minnesota depends on our winning a Super Bowl. The Twins fought their way out of oblivion by finally playing winning baseball again. The Vikings are going to have to do more than that. Since this is pretty much our last shot at a Super Bowl (though not our best shot - that was last year), this means that without a Super Bowl this year, pretty soon the only football I'll have to watch is the fucking Gophers. :(

The good news is that, like virtually every football-related prediction I've ever made, most of what I've said will undoubtedly turn out to be false. This is why I'm trying to be as pessimistic as is reasonable for this team.

marstc09
08-23-2010, 02:40 AM
NeoVikesTX wrote:

birdman wrote:

Um, yeah cause no team the previous 17 games tried to rush, hit, sack Favre.

I know. That is the dumbest shit I ever heard. I been hearing that a lot from Puker fans. Are they that clueless to think nobody wanted to sack Favre last year?

gregair13
08-23-2010, 03:55 AM
gregair13 wrote:

This guy knows what he is talking about.

12purplepride28
11-23-2010, 02:13 AM
Its pretty fun to look back at this and see how stupid we all are. Well, except for Mr. A on the first page. Genius!!!

El Vikingo
11-23-2010, 07:58 AM
Traveling_Vike wrote:

gregair13 wrote:

You should take some drugs ,dude.

Purple Floyd
11-23-2010, 08:10 AM
Mr Anderson wrote:

2-14

Sadly you are winning so far.

El Vikingo
11-23-2010, 08:18 AM
Purple_Jesus wrote:

Here's my 2 cents.
. I'm going with 13-3 here, clinched NFC North Championship, playing the Cowboys in the playoffs for a rematch.

Very accurate pal!!

12purplepride28
11-23-2010, 02:16 PM
Marrdro wrote:

GB - Win - I don't think we will ever get swept by the PUKERS again. Not the way this team is built.

My favorite part. :)

Infidel
11-23-2010, 02:25 PM
I said we'd finish 7 and 9.

I think I'll be right.

I'm such an optimist.

Funny, I remember when people were calling me a pessimist for my prediction.

Go figure.

Marrdro
11-23-2010, 02:36 PM
12purplepride28 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

My favorite part. :)
Comeon my friend. You know I am a eternal optimist when it comes to predicting what the Vikes are gonna do.

If we could just get the damn turnover machine off the field, I really believe we could go 9-7.

With him out there, I'm not so sure we can beat the Lions or Bills at this point.

Marrdro
11-23-2010, 02:37 PM
Infidel wrote:

I said we'd finish 7 and 9.

I think I'll be right.

I'm such an optimist.

Funny, I remember when people were calling me a pessimist for my prediction.

Go figure.
I can think of several things I want to call you, but pessimist isn't one of them....... :P

Infidel
11-23-2010, 02:47 PM
Mardro said:

I can think of several things I want to call you, but pessimist isn't one of them.......

Call me names, I don't care.....I know the truth.

I am your nemesis.

:D

Marrdro
11-23-2010, 02:50 PM
Infidel wrote:

Call me names, I don't care.....I know the truth.

I am your nemesis.

:D
Ohhh Lord.

Hey everybody, I'm making a new spreadsheet. Its for my nemisises.

LOL.

AngloVike
11-23-2010, 02:54 PM
#1 in a field of 1 clearly :laugh:

Marrdro
11-23-2010, 02:56 PM
AngloVike wrote:

#1 in a field of 1 clearly :laugh:
LOL, there have been several that have come on and tried to trade barbs with me.

Most got banned or just left. A couple of them I miss.

marshallvike
11-23-2010, 03:18 PM
marshallvike wrote:

With Farve
10-6

With TJ
10-6/ 9-7

Do-over

with TJ
16-0

with Farve and Chilly=
les steckel

Infidel
11-23-2010, 11:25 PM
Mardro said:

LOL, there have been several that have come on and tried to trade barbs with me.

Most got banned or just left. A couple of them I miss.

You do crack me up, my friend......you truly do.

Brick got banned.....but he usually agreed with you.

:)

Guys TRADING barbs with you? I haven't see that.

I've seen you looking like a big pin cushion, though.

:laugh: